Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#19151 Owen

Owen

• 10,769 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:30

Can you elaborate on that, please?

He is damaging the relationship he has between himself and the tyre supplier. I question the logic of making comments like this in public.

Advertisement

#19152 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:33

I think he is becoming more and more frustrated.....
That the first Mercedes win was for Nico has to have hurt him a lot!

#19153 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:35

He is damaging the relationship he has between himself and the tyre supplier. I question the logic of making comments like this in public.

Maybe there is no relationship to be damaged? It's quite telling that he visits the Pirelli motorhome at Mugello and now this.

I'd wager the he's making such comments because, in his view, Pirelli aren't playing nice about it and he does have the leverage to make these statements publicly. Drivers with leverage aught to step forward more often on these matters.

#19154 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:37

The McLarens, after Honda left at the end of 1992, were nowhere - other than a massively supreme Senna in 1993 - for nearly half a decade during "the 90s..."

Poor Mika had a relatively shit car to drive in 1994, 1995, 1996 and the most part of 1997. The best he could have hoped for those years were 3rd place podiums/odd 2nd. Things changed toward the very tail end of 1997.

Mika didn't get a proper season-long winning car until 1998 and 1999.

So, my friend, that was McLaren in "the 90s..." following Schumacher's first Grand Prix win in the final part of 1992.

Oh, and the '99 Ferrari was so poor ( insert silly bugger grin here ) in comparison to the McLaren that An All Time Great ( insert joke icon here ) like Eddie Ervine ( :wave: ) nearly beat Mika to the 99 title!!! :drunk:
So, for most of the 1990s, Shuey had way superior packages than most things Mika could get his hands on. 1991, 1993/4, 1995, 1996, 1997...years that the Benetton or Ferraris had the measure of Mika's Lotus and McLarens. 98/99 was more level pegging...but when you think of how Eddie Irvine (who doesn't even make the Top 40 or 45 in historical All Time Lists) nearly beat Mika in 1999, you have to wonder how "better" (your word) that year's McLaren was V the Ferrari!

Gimme a frikkin' break!

I was willing to drop it after my previous post...but rubbish like what your just wrote, my friend, needs to be countered.

I think you will find a lot of that was down to Mika's mistakes than Irvine and the Ferrari being fast. Had Mika not made so many errors. The title would of been over with a few rounds to go.

Edited by Massa_f1, 08 May 2012 - 09:37.

#19155 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:38

Not happy
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99437

There you go again - blame shifting one more time. The old man is not happy.

#19156 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:42

The Autosport headline is really a tad over the top. It makes you imagine Schumi all upset and complaining.

http://edition.cnn.c...elli/index.html

I thought he was a lot more relaxed, but insisting on a POV that he believes to be right.

#19157 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:44

Let the man speak his mind. Better than all the doublespeak and platitudes going around.

Would do him some good to get a positive result or two before any other attacks though, because it's clear that popular opinion is that his lack of results is the reason for all these complaints.

that's only the popular opinion from people who haven't watched the races this year

#19158 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:54

We have a new kid on the block, Schumi, my hero. It must be worse than it looks from outside, when Michael comes out like that, speaking of which I don't think have seen him ever being so angry. I am with him on that issue (for second year now).

#19159 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:01

The Autosport headline is really a tad over the top. It makes you imagine Schumi all upset and complaining.

http://edition.cnn.c...elli/index.html

I thought he was a lot more relaxed, but insisting on a POV that he believes to be right.

CNN reporter has mentioned McLaren's agreeable voice with Michael, yet autosport guy just writes another, typical for this source, one of those divisive articles, rather than to take a walk around the block and take a temperature of the paddock on the tire issue.

Edited by Sakae, 08 May 2012 - 10:01.

Advertisement

#19160 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:04

Hembery drew first blood with the shody, and indefensible product about which he claims is a racing tire.

#19161 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:08

CNN reporter has mentioned McLaren's agreeable voice with Michael, yet autosport guy just writes another, typical for this source, one of those divisive articles, rather than to take a walk around the block and take a temperature of the paddock on the tire issue.

Well, Sakae, that's one way to look at it. As you know, there is many perspectives, many angles on the same occurrence.

The other drivers get on with their business and deliver. Michael goes on to complain.

As Raelene likes to say, "have you watched the races this season?". Yes, Michael was very unlucky. Yet, luck favors the prepared, luck favors the bold.
For a long time it was the team mates of Michael who seemed to be the unlucky ones, while Michael was the prepared, Michael was the bold.

Nowadays, Nico delivers on the track. Michael delivers before the microphone.

#19162 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:09

Yeah, right. :rotfl:

#19163 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13

Hembery drew first blood with the shody, and indefensible product about which he claims is a racing tire.

I think Pirelli are quite apt in delivering exactly the product that is asked of them. They have proved the last two years, that they can deliver exactly to specification.

Michael should rather speak out against those who decided to have these tire specifications (FIA, Bernie, the teams?!) than hit out at a company that just
delivers what they were asked to deliver. Michael knows that it was not Pirelli who decided these tire specifications. So what is the reason for Michael to exert
such pressure on Pirelli in public?

Edited by aditya-now, 08 May 2012 - 10:19.

#19164 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13

Why isn't anyone openly supporting Micheal on this?
I totally agree with Schumacher, but why are the other drivers not speaking up?

#19165 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:16

Well, Sakae, that's one way to look at it. As you know, there is many perspectives, many angles on the same occurrence.

The other drivers get on with their business and deliver. Michael goes on to complain.

As Raelene likes to say, "have you watched the races this season?". Yes, Michael was very unlucky. Yet, luck favors the prepared, luck favors the bold.
For a long time it was the team mates of Michael who seemed to be the unlucky ones, while Michael was the prepared, Michael was the bold.

Nowadays, Nico delivers on the track. Michael delivers before the microphone.

I am having difficulty to make a definite link between his seasonal ranking, and his position on tires the same way as you do. Read the (CNN) article again, and you must realize that despite his views on tires, he has a different opinion what Nico and him can do due to having a good car this year. If you want to find flaws, you will, but I am not a such person, and I see in him more positives than negatives (which are related occasionally to his wardrobe anyway).

Edited by Sakae, 08 May 2012 - 10:17.

#19166 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:16

according to the CNN report - Martin Whitmarsh agrees.

#19167 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:18

I think Pirelli are quite apt in delivering exactly the product that is asked of them. They have proved the last two years, that they can deliver exactly to specification.

Michael should rather speak out against those who decided to have these tire specifications (FIA, Bernie, the teams?!) then hit out at a company that just
delivers what they were asked to deliver. Michael knows that it was not Pirelli who decided these tire specifications. So what is the reason for Michael to exert
such pressure on Pirelli in public?

Do you know what Pirelli were asked to do , and if they deliver exactly that? They say: we decide to be more aggressive. This doesn't go well with your post. He is pressuring them , because he can.

Because they are afraid little puppies.

Edited by ivand911, 08 May 2012 - 10:19.

#19168 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:28

Because most of them are spineless 'PR' machines with no soul.

#19169 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:30

Do you know what Pirelli were asked to do , and if they deliver exactly that? They say: we decide to be more aggressive.....

Who is "we"? Pirelli alone? Or those in charge and Pirelli?

Do you know that Pirelli alone decided to be more aggressive? Or is it just an assumption?

The facts are: Michael has two points in the WDC standings, like his former team mate Massa. And he is complaining, whereas
all the other drivers are not.

......because they are "afraid little puppies"?

Most fans enjoy the 2012 season tremendously, because it promises not only to become another 1982, but also because the racing is great. Dealing with difficult parameters like on-the-edge-tires has always been part of the sport. On the other hand, I fully understand that you Schumacher fans are not happy (yet) with the way the season has panned out so far.

The big question to me is: will Pirelli yield to Michael's pressure and deliver the tire that he wants from them? Or is his influence in the sport not big enough anymore to effectuate such a turn of events?

#19170 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:58

Who is "we"? Pirelli alone? Or those in charge and Pirelli?

Or is his influence in the sport not big enough anymore to effectuate such a turn of events?

He is only ONE driver of the rest!
Why Pirelli should make the tires how HE wants? :drunk:

#19171 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:02

Aditya , for you:
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99281

"If the sport decides we are too aggressive we can change though; we can supply tyres that don't degrade and allow you to push, as we did last year when the hard and medium tyres had negative degradation - the loss of performance from the tyre was less than the loss of fuel.

"We have limited to some extent what they can push

#19172 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:03

Agree, he is ONE head above the rest. I am sure Fernando love 2012 Pirellis!

#19173 mknight

mknight

• 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10

There's no evidence that he is the only one that wants it. The only difference has been that Schumacher has spoken out about it, while many others haven't shared their opinion.

I think it's safe to say that drivers would much rather have tyres that allows them to drive the car at the limit than to be playing the tyre conservation game.

Of course, there are drivers who aren't as quick as others when pushing the car at the limit so much prefer to drive for a slower delta laptime. It evens up the playing field and negates the advantage that drivers with raw pace have.

If anything though Schumacher should be happy with this form of F1, as a 42 year old who's lost a few tenths in raw pace over the years, he should've welcomed the idea of racing for consistent set times as opposed to blitzing the track every lap. In fact, in his comeback career he's had his best qualifying performance this season and was on for a podium in China, so the argument that he's being critical because he isn't having his way is a void argument. But as a pure racing driver I commend him that he's sticking to his guns and would rather remain pure to the sport, even if that means he may not be as fast as the others.

Edited by mknight, 08 May 2012 - 11:12.

#19174 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11

Aditya , for you:
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99281

Thank you, Ivan!

For you again the question: will Pirelli yield to Michael's pressure and deliver the tire that he wants from them? Or is his influence in the sport not big enough anymore to effectuate such a turn of events?

#19175 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:14

Thank you, Ivan!

For you again the question: will Pirelli yield to Michael's pressure and deliver the tire that he wants from them? Or is his influence in the sport not big enough anymore to effectuate such a turn of events?

If his influence is not big enough, I think it is time to call Jean. :p But, I think he will handle Pirelli easily.
He is 43 , he is not fighting for himself, he is fighting for F1.

Edited by ivand911, 08 May 2012 - 11:15.

#19176 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:20

This has squat to do with his choosing to voice his opinion on the matter whether he be perhaps the only persistently vocal source. In fact, one of the points that he made from the outset is that if it were only Mercedes having a problem then they would have work to do; however, most of the teams on race day suffer. It's based on a problem faced by most of the teams that he voices his objection, not a personal one. Can't you see this?

Michael is criticising the current tyres... period. They happen to be manufactured by Pirelli. We don't know just how much lattitude Pirelli have in tyre design. Have you ever asked for a product, are delighted when asked what you want out of the product, only not to be happy in the end with it? IOW's, since the FIA have requested a particular tyre type, doesn't necessarily mean that they've been given exactly what they wanted and expected.

The politics of the situation MUST be appreciated in terms of who speaks, who doesn't, and moreover, what Pirelli has to say about it. It's the politics why you'll so often see the opposite happen when compared to what was announced 1 month ago. The announcement is always made to quell rumours about something surprising or controversial happening or about to happen. There's a lot of that going on now about the tyres. The typical driver would do well not to get involved with it. Michael, OTOH, has tremendous leverage, knows this, feels a responsibility to use it under the circumstances and kudo's to him. The part that I love is that as in the past, he continues to remain steadfast despite the negative commentary that typically abounds while he blazes his trail. Wildly negative commentary based on envy and jealousy.

Edited by ali_M, 08 May 2012 - 11:25.

#19177 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:51

Because most of them are spineless 'PR' machines with no soul.

I agree. In my opinion i don't think Hamilton is enjoying these tyres. Had the tyres been the 2011 version am sure Hamilton would of won a race this year. Instead he has been behind Perez and Alonso past few races and never once looked liked passing. Yes i know he had pit stop problems, but he should of easy been able to pass giving the pace of the McLaren. Maybe he is using Martin to express his concerns.

Its not like Schumacher is saying bring back Bridgestone tyres. He just wants to be able to push. Shouldent all race drivers?

#19178 Rubens Hakkamacher

Rubens Hakkamacher

• 1,567 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:01

Quite simply F1 "Racing" has been reduced to a prolonged tire test, and who can pussy-foot around with bad tires the best.

Might be good for endurance racing, but I want 10 10ths the whole time. THAT is F1, not "strategy" around "when can we use the tires and how much?". Ahrghrghh.

#19179 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:22

with

How many drivers have you interviewed, and how many spoke with you without reservations?

Advertisement

#19180 jav

jav

• 197 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:29

Quite simply F1 "Racing" has been reduced to a prolonged tire test, and who can pussy-foot around with bad tires the best.

Might be good for endurance racing, but I want 10 10ths the whole time. THAT is F1, not "strategy" around "when can we use the tires and how much?". Ahrghrghh.

I agree completely with this.

I also question that the teams "requested" the traits of the current tires. They may have requested tires that lasted X laps and with graduated grip according to compound but to suggest teams requested tires that have an extremely narrow operating window, or degradation that is completly unconnected to tire life, or peaky performance is not something I've read.

I think Pirelli is becoming defensive and many teams and drivers are being encouraged to support them- lest they'll leave like Bridgestone did. Schumi is in a uniquely good position to give a rats arse about the politics and his future to "tow the line" and instead voices what others feel.

While many agree all teams have to deal with the same issues, I think most would also agree managing tires has become too big a single factor in F1 racing.

#19181 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:31

I think its pretty clear that F1 has a problem with these tyres.

-When Raikkonen says he had just one chance to have a go at Vettel for the lead, after which his tyres fell away,
-or when Nico Rosberg after a race win says he didnt push his tyres at all,
-or when we see drivers walking out of their cars fresh even after a race like Malaysia, you know we have a problem.

As far as I can see, the other drivers being asked for an opinion, namely Rosberg, Vettel and Webber seem to carefully sidestep the issue at hand and talk about how great the 'racing' has been. Thats the diplomatic way to answer questions about Pirelli.

No one is directly addressing the compound as such, and why drivers are not being able to drive at the limit without worrying about destroying their tyres. All they talk about is how having to manage these tyres is improving the show. This is a form of deception at its best.

What Schumacher is primarily hinting at, is that the compound is too sensitive to drivers or cars pushing them. Which is not to say the racing isnt exciting, but that the driver's potential input to making the car go faster is being negated or restricted by the tyres.

I appreciate Schumacher's forthrightness in this issue :up:

#19182 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:35

MS is entitled to his option.

Hembery is a clown that is too much in love with his own voice.

MS is the most experienced driver on the grid. I would say that he knows enough about tyres....

For those that claim that MS is frustrated because he is not winning, please look at his dry spells and see if he was bitching about tyres.....? He was not....

#19183 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,410 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:41

I'm pretty sure almost all the drivers think like Michael, they just face the matter on a different way, some moan, some stay silence because is the same for everyone and some think is a challenge and try to overcome it.

#19184 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:48

MS is entitled to his option.

Hembery is a clown that is too much in love with his own voice.

MS is the most experienced driver on the grid. I would say that he knows enough about tyres....

For those that claim that MS is frustrated because he is not winning, please look at his dry spells and see if he was bitching about tyres.....? He was not....

Very good reminders for those with selective vision and memory loss where Michael is concerned. :p

He spent two seasons in Nico's shadows. Not a word about tyres and complaints about the racing. In fact, he often said that he was having good fun on race days.

Now we have a genuine issue with tyres, the guy is being boldly vocal about it. Gee... we should be thankful.

#19185 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:59

I'm pretty sure almost all the drivers think like Michael, they just face the matter on a different way, some moan, some stay silence because is the same for everyone and some think is a challenge and try to overcome it.

Sure... but there's something common to all.... it's a big issue and an unpredictable one.... same for everyone, right? I wish 'same for everyone' really justified such suboptimal circumstances. It's like introducing a ridiculous rule and then asking all protestors to be calm since it's the same for everyone.

New F1 motto .... What's the problem?.., it's the same for everyone.

Rrrright. :stoned:

#19186 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 13:08

Yeah, quite so. Same in football, you hear the saying that "both teams play on the same pitch" when it's in a bad condition. But you wouldn't want football to be played on a consistent basis on waterlogged pitches, would you? :p

#19187 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 10,077 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 13:12

Yeah, quite so. Same in football, you hear the saying that "both teams play on the same pitch" when it's in a bad condition. But you wouldn't want football to be played on a consistent basis on waterlogged pitches, would you? :p

Nice example.

#19188 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 13:34

Perfect analogy.

#19189 RacingReporter

RacingReporter

• 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 13:39

You're also forgetting the fact that Brundle stated recently that a 'WDC' and 'another driver' were hating the guts out of the Pirellis, off the record. That combined with Schumachers comments (and Autosports coloured article which is ignoring f.e. the whole paddock and Brundles findings), Rosberg not pushing at all but retreating his comment quite quickly, drivers getting out of the car without problems after 2 hours of Malaysia, drivers saying these tyres are 'challenging' but not that they like them and Raikkonen having to back off after ONE look up the inside => problems.

Don't forget your Fernando is being hailed all around the paddock (and it includes me) because of his adaptibility, getting cars by their throats and getting on with it in spite of problems. But that doesn't mean that there are no problems at all.

Edited by RacingReporter, 08 May 2012 - 13:41.

#19190 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 14:35

:up:

I do even like the new Pirellis as they do make nail-biting races happen, however Schumi has a proper point.

#19191 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,658 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 14:55

You used to worry if a car breaks down, now it is the tire.

But we have a raceweekend coming and we still have a Schumacher-Bingo going on. What or who will fail on his car this weekend?
Australia - Gearbox
Malaysia - Grosjean
China - Front right wheel gunner
Bahrain - DRS system in qualy and a gearbox change.

#19192 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,216 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 15:23

Bunch of pussies in my opinion. Or maybe they like them :confused:

#19193 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 15:50

You used to worry if a car breaks down, now it is the tire.

But we have a raceweekend coming and we still have a Schumacher-Bingo going on. What or who will fail on his car this weekend?
Australia - Gearbox
Malaysia - Grosjean
China - Front right wheel gunner
Bahrain - DRS system in qualy and a gearbox change.

Or maybe Schumacher wins in Barcelona, wouldn't that be a great opp to tell the world how crappy these tires are in the pressco..
I think he wouldn't even be happy with the win because it wasn't due to a good drive, but because of a good operating window.
It seemed the same in the after the quali were he got 3rd place, he didn't seem happy alto it was hiss best quali since his comeback.

#19194 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:00

Nice Schumacher onboard of the start Barcelona 2011! :smoking:
http://www.gppits.ne...barcelona_2011/

#19195 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:42

putting the names in a hat and pulling the winner is the same for everybody, however that doesn't make it right for racing.

#19196 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 17:27

Thank you, Ivan!

"We would [be open to change] for the sport, but its not just the drivers – it's the teams, the promoter. The team principals tend to be quite pragmatic and look at the bigger picture, and I would be very surprised if they asked us to do anything different."

I wonder where Mercedes/Brawn would stand on this issue considering it was with these tires that Merc finally had their breakthrough win. A change might risk sending them back down the grid.

Another issue for Michael would be that what if indeed Pirelli did give him the tires he wants and he still can't win a race and continues to be beaten by Rosberg. What would he say then finally having a fast car and not being able to make it happen?

We will have to keep an eye on this situation. One thing I do agree with is the benchmark of Montreal 2010. I was at that race and it was very exciting right to the end (even though Hamilton won) and it is a style of race worth replicating.

Thirty years ago today. Salut Gilles!

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 08 May 2012 - 17:33.

#19197 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,755 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 17:44

"We would [be open to change] for the sport, but its not just the drivers – it's the teams, the promoter. The team principals tend to be quite pragmatic and look at the bigger picture, and I would be very surprised if they asked us to do anything different."

I wonder where Mercedes/Brawn would stand on this issue considering it was with these tires that Merc finally had their breakthrough win. A change might risk sending them back down the grid.

Another issue for Michael would be that what if indeed Pirelli did give him the tires he wants and he still can't win a race and continues to be beaten by Rosberg. What would he say then finally having a fast car and not being able to make it happen?

We will have to keep an eye on this situation. One thing I do agree with is the benchmark of Montreal 2010. I was at that race and it was very exciting right to the end (even though Hamilton won) and it is a style of race worth replicating.

Thirty years ago today. Salut Gilles!

From AMuS

The situation so far in 2012 has seen Mercedes and Nico Rosberg break through with pole and victory in China, but Briton Brawn is not sure he would describe the season as “thrilling”.

“Perhaps (it is) for the spectators,” he smiled, “for the teams it’s just more difficult. The first four races were marked by inconsistency for all the teams. We are still getting experience with our cars, but especially how they work with the new tyres.

“Obviously for the sport, it’s great.”

And Brawn is confident Mercedes can keep up with the development speed of the best teams, including McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari.

“Yes. We have brought in Bob Bell, Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis, which is paying off now, as are some other strategic changes. I do not think we are inferior to our competitors in any way,” he insisted.

#19198 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 17:51

Perfect example...

Lesser teams and people attack Wenger, Guardiola and co are whinging (just like they are attacking MS now) when they have to play on those terrible surfaces...
But fact of the matter is talent is hindered on those terrible pitches, sure the best teams may often scrap through, but playing on a terrible surface makes things look closer than they are.

That is the exact thing Pirelli does in F1 the name of excitement, how any true fan can defend this is beyond me...

Schumacher has nothing to prove anymore, he has won it all, he is probably as rich the rest of the drivers combined so he speaks his mind and what many other drivers are thinking.

Good for him, the sport seriously needs it now

#19199 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 18:06

Gotta love all the attention MS is getting even with poor luck. Bad luck will eventually stop and we'll see him shine, over and over!

Advertisement

#19200 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,686 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 18:08

Its a shame that they spend the whole race trying to not to use the tyres to the extent that they cannot use the performance at all throughout the whole grand prix. Its like buying a Ferrari and its delivered on bicycle wheels, or like imagine trying to get drunk by diluting a beer and sharing it around the table 10 times and then drinking 10 times the amount you normally would, you've had the same amount of alcohol but not once did you enjoy a proper drink!
I totally empathise with Schumachers POV, I mean he's in a great position to have this opinion, he's 43 and not breaking a sweat with his elbow hanging out of the cockpit looking at his watch and yawning. He should be complaining that its hard for him and he is struggling to cope with the G forces and reactions and keep up with the younger guys. Instead there's no challenge. Wow wee if you can make the tyres last, then congratulations you're a great tyre manager you're not a grand prix great though.