Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#19601 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:11

Given he didn't like the 2011/2010 cars, he stil was good, Michael did well at Monaco, the merchanical DNF last year stopped a potential good race. Michael's attack on Pirelli is good, Michael angry leaving the car in Spain is good, his races haven't worked dout due to the teams fault overall so far, but it must change.

This is the Michael people wanted to see in 2010, remember how laid back he was, 2011 earlier on as well, Schumi clearly is trying, and when the team mess up.

This isn't frustration because of being off the pace like in some races in 2010, this is frustration due to one bad young racer Senna, and a build up of races where the team mostly have left him down, although he won't admit it pubically for now. It's good to see Schumacher pisses off, he wants to do well, I think this will bold him well. He's been more then cool for a long time, but now he is seeing potential good results go fry out, he is showing just how badly he wants it. It's for us to be patient now, and for him to keep on fighting and getting angry, that's the MS people were calling for in 2010, he's back, the results will come, all of his merceedes seasons get better as they go along, and this season is the longest ever, so he still has a long way to go.

Last week he whined about the tires, this week it's Senna, what next week?

Hey, the guy was a brilliant racing driver, but you make too many excuses for him, he's not the Michael he once was, the sooner you come to grips with that, the happier you'll be and the more you'll appreciate what he's doing. I'm not a fan of his, but I can appreciate and respect what he's being able to accomplish as an elder driver. Instead of hoping for unreachable heights for him, you should just enjoy his presence in F1, it'll probably not last too much longer.

Advertisement

#19602 Paco

Paco

• 1,430 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:16

Hey, the guy was a brilliant racing driver, but you make too many excuses for him, he's not the Michael he once was, the sooner you come to grips with that, the happier you'll be and the more you'll appreciate what he's doing. I'm not a fan of his, but I can appreciate and respect what he's being able to accomplish as an elder driver. Instead of hoping for unreachable heights for him, you should just enjoy his presence in F1, it'll probably not last too much longer.

:up: I just keeping hoping for 1 Miracle Race where he nails pole and leads it wire to wire.. just for rekindling memories :)

#19603 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:27

So frustrating to see Michael only have 2 points with such a good car. Partly due to him, partly due to bad luck. His season is over as a title contender before it has even begun.

And what is that "partly"? Please explain where in these 5 races he ruined a race or something?

#19604 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:31

I'm not saying you will. But it defines the temprement of the man.

He'll be mighty pissed off at what has happened this year, but he won't give up. He'll keep trying right until the very very end. Thats the attitude that has given him so many victories and sometimes driven him to go to far, but even if he loses a bit of pace that fundamental quality of him won't change.

You make his temperament sound positive. Michael's career is littered with incidents of cracking under pressure, unsavoury and unnecessary incidents.
Jean Todt told us he is insecure. That's what keeps him going, his determination to prove he is the best, which he hasn't been since 2004. He got a sniff of yet another vastly superior car under Brawn and for once it hasnt gone his way.
At the moment he just looks like a hypocrite. He needs to take the rough with the smooth.

#19605 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:35

:up: I just keeping hoping for 1 Miracle Race where he nails pole and leads it wire to wire.. just for rekindling memories :)

Teaming up with Birelman to pretend to be a fake fan. Good job.

Birelman I should enjoy exactly what I should enjoy the way you say I should enjoy it. LOL After your what 1000 negative posts. I should enjoy the presense of the safety car in f1 because it's what Birelman thinks is right. I should enjoy the presense of the green grass at Spa. I think Schumacher sweeps up all sorts of lifeforms in his 3 decades of racing, that's alot of forums he's pissed off or made laugh, exactly why this thread is 20000 posts almost. Yours is no different from the past 12 years of posts I've seen on here. Ive' seen better posts from unti Schumacher fans who've given a balanced debate, they would be disappointed with the work your continuing.

:smoking:

Edited by SeanValen, 13 May 2012 - 15:42.

#19606 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:37

You make his temperament sound positive. Michael's career is littered with incidents of cracking under pressure, unsavoury and unnecessary incidents.
Jean Todt told us he is insecure. That's what keeps him going, his determination to prove he is the best, which he hasn't been since 2004. He got a sniff of yet another vastly superior car under Brawn and for once it hasnt gone his way.
At the moment he just looks like a hypocrite. He needs to take the rough with the smooth.

It is positive. Michael could have stayed at Bennetton, he could probably have signed with McLaren. He stuck at Ferrari during difficult years and put in some superb drives for them before the run of titles. Thats all to his credit, and his determination to succeed and prove he is the best played a huge part in that. Maybe other drivers have had the driving skills to achieve his sucess, but he actually did it.

I agree that he has sometimes 'cracked' under pressure, thats the darker flipside of his need to win.

I completely disagree with your statement that he looks like a hypocrit. How exactly? He's never blamed his team, he's understandably annoyed that Senna didn't drive in the way a more experienced racer like Hamilton or Button would have, he keeps trying to push forward and improve. Where is the hypocrisy?

#19607 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,312 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:39

5 place grid penalty for Schu in Monaco.

#19608 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:40

lol

Which idiot was the steward?

#19609 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:40

It is positive. Michael could have stayed at Bennetton, he could probably have signed with McLaren. He stuck at Ferrari during difficult years and put in some superb drives for them before the run of titles. Thats all to his credit, and his determination to succeed and prove he is the best played a huge part in that. Maybe other drivers have had the driving skills to achieve his sucess, but he actually did it.

I agree that he has sometimes 'cracked' under pressure, thats the darker flipside of his need to win.

I completely disagree with your statement that he looks like a hypocrit. How exactly? He's never blamed his team, he's understandably annoyed that Senna didn't drive in the way a more experienced racer like Hamilton or Button would have, he keeps trying to push forward and improve. Where is the hypocrisy?

Difficult years? he joined a better Ferrari than Alonso did, with a bigger budget. The benetton staff followed him anyway.

#19610 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:41

Source?

#19611 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,856 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:45

Difficult years? he joined a better Ferrari than Alonso did, with a bigger budget. The benetton staff followed him anyway.

Are you joking with comparing Schu with 1996-1998 with Alonso?

Alonso was nearly WDC in 2010. 1996 was terrible, so was 1997 car (Schu's driving was on another planet in 97 that made the difference, much like Alonso now with Ferrari). It was not until 1998 (given McLaren had the far better car in 1998) that he could finally compete on par.

Edited by George Costanza, 13 May 2012 - 15:46.

#19612 sniper80

sniper80

• 590 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:47

He would come away nicely with that penalty.

#19613 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:49

Now I know you aren't to be taken seriously! Good grief!

#19614 Atonal

Atonal

• 85 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:50

Mr2s can you kindly enlighten me as to which driver you prefer/follow so that I can filter out from which side you are coming from or are you one of those completely impartial petrol heads just appreciating good drivers and teams?

I suspect perhaps Saint Alonso of Catalan? Shouldn't it be Mr0.6s then? :)

#19615 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:15

Remaind me, what happened to Webber when he hit someone from behind (similar accident a few years back), or to Hamilton, hitting Kimi at pit exit...

#19616 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,757 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:18

If that is the penalty the stewards are again morons.

#19617 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 2,444 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:22

Source?

If it's true, I'll only watch on dreary Sundays and not postpone a nice moto tour on my VFR anymore. I've had it with cartoon tires and results. Mario Kart Wii has more consistent results...

#19618 scandyman

scandyman

• 144 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:23

2nd lap is my bet too -- with Kobayashi slamming into Schumacher's back

And if ever he survives after Lap 2, Merc will make sure MS retires shortly after his 1st pit stop

If he still survives after his 1st pit stop, then that only means one thing: A typical 8th-10th finish.

But of course, MS could use some luck today. Who knows. Wish him the best for today's race!

You got it almost right there buddy :rotfl:

#19619 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:24

Source?

Looks like his 'source' is some random Macca fan on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sinniebaby

Yes - really. :lol:

Advertisement

#19620 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:24

I don't find confirmation for the penalty?

#19621 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,757 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:25

Yep, 5 place drop. F@ck them.

#19622 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:25

Yep 5 grid penalty for Michael. Can't believe this.

#19623 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,312 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:27

Yep, 5 place drop. F@ck them.

I don't lie mate. I didn't say he had a 5 place penalty to piss you guys off.

#19624 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:28

NobleF1: Michael Schumacher gets five-place grid penalty for Monaco Grand Prix following collision with Bruno Senna

#19625 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,312 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:31

Looks like his 'source' is some random Macca fan on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sinniebaby

Yes - really. :lol:

You should feel like an ass right now. :wave:

http://fia.com/en-GB...document-53.pdf

Edited by CrucialXtreme, 13 May 2012 - 16:31.

#19626 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

I don't know, doesn't seem particularly fair to me, but I guess it makes sense in the order of things.

#19627 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 3,281 posts

Shocking conclusion. So that clarifies the situation for the future, expect to see these last minute changes by the car ahead in the braking zone.

A president has been set. Dangerous decision!

#19628 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

We can write of Monaco then. please just retire Michael this is doing my head in.

#19629 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:33

Another strange penalty.

Oh well, its 'good for the show'.

#19630 SRK

SRK

• 179 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:34

Shocking conclusion. So that clarifies the situation for the future, expect to see these last minute changes by the car ahead in the braking zone.

Car AHEAD?

Posted Image

#19631 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Like it is matter where he will start , 5 or 10 or 15? With car like that it is torture. It is not like he is fighting for a win. By the next race , they will be out of Q3.

#19632 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,148 posts

Schumacher was predominantly at fault for the crash, but I'm sick of seeing penalties given for accidents, and ones that are not the fault of one perpetrator at that.

#19633 scandyman

scandyman

• 144 posts

Yeah thats right, we can all see how much it helped Senna. :rolleyes:

#19634 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 3,281 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:35

We can write of Monaco then. please just retire Michael this is doing my head in.

Support someone else, your attitude is poor and slightly irking to real fans.

#19635 ZooL

ZooL

• 2,063 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:35

I think its fair. He caused an avoidable accident and rammed off an oponent clearly from behind.

As Schumacher retired from the race he could not pay for his mistake, so he must do it next time.

Edited by ZooL, 13 May 2012 - 16:35.

#19636 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 3,281 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:37

Yeah thats right, we can all see how much it helped Senna. :rolleyes:

How silly, that obviously wasn't the point I was making.

#19637 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:37

Schumacher was predominantly at fault for the crash, but I'm sick of seeing penalties given for accidents, and ones that are not the fault of one perpetrator at that.

Sums my thoughts.

Schu got it wrong: Senna half defended, and went back towards the racing line leaving a car´s width on the outside for Schumacher. Nothing wrong. Schumacher changed his mind and went for the inside too late,

But no penalties were needed.

#19638 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:40

Support someone else, your attitude is poor and slightly irking to real fans.

No like i said i am life long fan. Been in his official Uk fan club when it was up and running, and have pretty much every minichamps model of his cars going as well as caps and other merch. At the same time i am not blind the writing is on the wall.

#19639 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,733 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:40

Remaind me, what happened to Webber when he hit someone from behind (similar accident a few years back), or to Hamilton, hitting Kimi at pit exit...

If you ask me, Webber should have gotten one aswell. I guess everyone just forgot about it since it was such a spectacular crash.

Nothing wrong with the penalty. Schumacher had room on the inside and the outside and in indecision just smashed into Sennas behind. The small movement to the left wasn't a major shift in direction - and anyways, Senna was in front and had no idea where Schumacher was going to appear!

The major fault Schumacher did was not choosing a side earlier. Senna was, according to himself atleast, not about to put up a major fight...

Advertisement

#19640 topical

topical

• 2,633 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:41

The legendary comeback continues. A bit sad but really, for the sake of dignity, let's hope he bows out at the end of this year.

#19641 MidKnight

MidKnight

• 65 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:42

Bullshit. Senna pulled a bullshit move and anyone that understands racing knows it too. The penalty is ridiculous.

#19642 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:46

I don't think Disgrace is out of order there. Schumi could have expected Senna to either race, or just get out of the way, instead of a sort of half and half, but its subjective. And in any case the main point is its very annoying to see penalties (given out to anyone) for what happens in racing. I happen think Senna shouldn't have moved in the braking zone, but certainly didn't want to see a penalty for him.

I hate these penalties :|

#19643 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Bullshit. Senna pulled a bullshit move and anyone that understands racing knows it too. The penalty is ridiculous.

I raced my whole Life, raced some of the drivers you discuss in this forum, and I don't agree without you, so, no, anyone who understands racing doesn't see it as you do.

#19644 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Senna went to defend to the middle of the track, saw Schumacher trying the outside line, and went back towards the racing line always leaving a car´s width to Schumacher. Perfectly OK.

Schumacher says he was scared because he didn´t know if Senna would go fully left so he switched to the inside, but that´s HIS problem, Senna did leave room on the left.

#19645 blackonyx4

blackonyx4

• 1,284 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:48

Hamilton got a 10 place grid penalty for Magny-Cours. Heck, he was even penalized for not hitting anyone from behind in Fuji. Whats your point?

#19646 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 3,281 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:48

No like i said i am life long fan. Been in his official Uk fan club when it was up and running, and have pretty much every minichamps model of his cars going as well as caps and other merch. At the same time i am not blind the writing is on the wall.

Haha, well done you bought lots of merchandise.

The writing certainly isn't on the wall, you've made up your mind so I'm not going to bother debating it. But those who clearly aren't over dramatic in response to Schumacher or Mercedes results we can see it's a different story.

#19647 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:49

Stewards made their decision, we will not cry about it. We accept the things as they are, we will not start threads , to make it the biggest problem in the world. They better sort out the car , because only STR and new teams are behind us.

#19648 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,814 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:49

Ahahaha.

He will be ruing the day he signed the contract for Merc in late 2009.

#19649 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:50

I predict a Schumi fight back in Monaco.

#19650 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,148 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:52

My view on the incident here and here, where you can also see the replay.

Senna wanted to gift Schumacher the inside line to prevent a repeat of the Grosjean contact that happened the lap before. He pulled to the left just as Schumacher committed to that line. It's an unfortunate racing incident.

Edited by Disgrace, 13 May 2012 - 16:52.