Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#19601 z2z

z2z

• 295 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:35

I m going mental watching trouble in every now :((((( .. with this bad luck your are just F**ked!!!!!!

Edited by z2z, 13 May 2012 - 14:35.

Advertisement

#19602 Atonal

Atonal

• 85 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:41

I would be lying if I don't admit that Schumacher's performances are soiling my weekends :)
Anyways this is racing, these things happen. I would call the incident 50-50, poor judgement by both drivers.

I think Michael could have had a better race than his teammate. As I said earlier his pace on the hards was much better and I was fearing that he would be murdered on the softs. But he was holding up pretty well with Rosberg in his first stint. Going out again on softs seemed strange but the team probably knew better.
Lets move on then, Monaco with a possible penalty could be another tough one.

#19603 sanW10

sanW10

• 132 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:41

Michael Schumacher has launched a scathing attack on Bruno Senna after an accident put both drivers out of the Spanish Grand Prix.

Senna was struggling for pace on worn tyres, when the Mercedes driver ran into the back of the Williams in the braking zone of Turn One.

The incident put the German out instantly, whilst the Brazilian retired further around the lap, having been unable to nurse the damaged car back to the pits.

Schumacher was heard shouting "idiot" on the team radio and confirmed to Sky Sports F1 HD that the comment was aimed at Senna.

"Yes, you guess right," he said.

"I want the stewards to clarify what happened. He moved to the right, but he shouldn't move back in the braking phase to the left that sharply. I'm just behind him and I don't know how sharply he is going to move. So it was all very dangerous."

Bruno and Schumacher have 'history', as they say, after colliding in Brazil last season the German is clearly no fan of the Williams driver.

"We had a chance of good points today so it is doubly frustrating. I have to say I don't know what he was trying to prove but in Brazil last year he was driving into my car and today he was doing funny things.

"A lap before he had an accident together with Grosjean so I don't know what he was going through his mind."

http://www1.skysport...er-blasts-Senna
damn! another promising race gone down the drain. :|

#19604 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:42

You list races from a different era. You will not get drives like that anymore from him or any other driver.

I'm not saying you will. But it defines the temprement of the man.

He'll be mighty pissed off at what has happened this year, but he won't give up. He'll keep trying right until the very very end. Thats the attitude that has given him so many victories and sometimes driven him to go to far, but even if he loses a bit of pace that fundamental quality of him won't change.

There are still chances for success this year, and Michael is a man who will never let his chin drop or give up. And he isn't driving badly this year.

My only criticism is on strategy. I would have loved to seen him go out and set the fastest time he could in Q3 yesterday. I really liked the way Lewis went for it, and want to see that from Michael too. It might cost a few seconds in the race having put an extra couple of laps on a set of tyres, but I think a few places up the grid is always worth that to gain track position, avoid field spread and keep away from accidents and being dropped deep into the pack after a stop.

#19605 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:44

So frustrating to see Michael only have 2 points with such a good car. Partly due to him, partly due to bad luck. His season is over as a title contender before it has even begun.

They don't have a title contender car.

#19606 RacingReporter

RacingReporter

• 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:44

100% the way I see it.

When you got someone like Bruno who clearly is now in a competitive car, there is nowhere to hide, his whole weekend/quali/race just a a driver who isn't meant to be there, anyohe who saw Brazil 2011, and saw the seeds of pressure/errors from Bruno in spain qualifying, should of placed a bet that a hard charging schumacher wasn't going to get by a driver who can't really race in these cars. And that's essentially Schumacher's frustration, he's been done twice by Bruno and it hasn't even been a full year between incidents

There' s a reason Schumacher and Hamilton went wheel to wheel without crashing at Monza 2011, they know the game, Alonso does, Vettel does, Kimi does. You can race with actual racers.

This was a difficult weekend for Mercedes, essentially qualifying high would of gotten them out of this midpack trouble, being in the midpack on a track like spain is no good. This is the first race perhaps where Mercedes hasn't looked great in qualifying and that essenitally played a part. Bruno is going to be a problem for other drivers if the williams stays competitive.

Bruno afterwards was stating pretty much that Schumacher wasn't going to go anywhere on the outside because he got there late. That's the reason why he changed lines again so that MSC had more room at the inside. Bullshit and horsecrap, if you go defensive, you can't switch lines in the braking zone. MSC had every right to be on the outside, he picked his line to set him up for the corners afterwards, but went into him. Geez... tough, tough luck.

For anyone calling that MSC must have had to more careful with Bruno anyway after a season, I think he learnt his lesson now after 2 accidents. Sorry Bruno, it was quite rubbish and one of the rare times I heard Michael losing it in the car.

#19607 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,277 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:45

I think the key question is this: if he had started his career in Mercedes in 2010, would he still have been labelled as one of greatest F1 drivers or just one of good ones? Apart from climitizing seasons, Michael hasn't showed a pace/hasn't got a result that would have expected from an exceptional driver. I'm not saying he's not expectional driver, yes he was, but not he is. He is of course good, he's as fast as Rosberg but that is not the way Michael used to be. This is sad. He was always there to pick up points, to pick up places. I for myself didn't follow a single weekend since his comeback where I didn't doubt whether he can match Rosberg. That shouldn't have been the case in my humble and bruised opinion.

As for today's incident, I'd share the blame 50:50. Senna could have sticked one line and Michael could have avoided the incident. This is the way I see it and it's getting more and more frustrating to watch Michael's races.

#19608 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:45

Calling for Schumacher to retire is silly.

He has been dreadfully unlucky so far this season. This is only the 5th race though. You guys are such Damon Hills, calling retire retire after every disappointing result.

It's not because of 1 race.. it's not because of 1 incident, it's not because of one 1 season.. its not because of 2 seasons.. the fact is, Michael and MGP hasn't been a good combination. Period. With the exception of a few off moments such as 1 good qualifying or 1 good race.. the pairing of Schumi and MGP has solely been about promise and hope then actual results. Just like the tires falling off the cliff.. so has Schumi at MGP.

Edited by Paco, 13 May 2012 - 14:45.

#19609 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,340 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:46

He'll be mighty pissed off at what has happened this year, but he won't give up. He'll keep trying right until the very very end. Thats the attitude that has given him so many victories and sometimes driven him to go to far, but even if he loses a bit of pace that fundamental quality of him won't change.

There are still chances for success this year, and Michael is a man who will never let his chin drop or give up. And he isn't driving badly this year.

My only criticism is on strategy. I would have loved to seen him go out and set the fastest time he could in Q3 yesterday. I really liked the way Lewis went for it, and want to see that from Michael too. It might cost a few seconds in the race having put an extra couple of laps on a set of tyres, but I think a few places up the grid is always worth that to gain track position, avoid field spread and keep away from accidents and being dropped deep into the pack after a stop.

i wonder what he is going to class as the very end though. Car failures and crashes just keep happening.

#19610 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,340 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:51

It's not because of 1 race.. it's not because of 1 incident, it's not because of one 1 season.. its not because of 2 seasons.. the fact is, Michael and MGP hasn't been a good combination. Period. With the exception of a few off moments such as 1 good qualifying or 1 good race.. the pairing of Schumi and MGP has solely been about promise and hope then actual results. Just like the tires falling off the cliff.. so has Schumi at MGP.

Fully agree. This not a view i have built just because of one race. The driver and team do not fit. It seemed like a dream. In reality its turned out awful with the exception of 2 or 3 races since his comeback.

Edited by Massa_f1, 13 May 2012 - 14:53.

#19611 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:52

i wonder what he is going to class as the very end though. Car failures and crashes just keep happening.

The car failures are unfortunate, but won't happen every race. Mercedes have made mistakes but aren't idiots.

More concerning is getting the set up nailed and qualifying up the grid. Just look at the races Button and Webber had today. Getting away from the pack and being able to run in clean-ish air is the key to having a trouble free race, and then we'll see a decent race performance.

Must admit I'm a bit worried about Monaco though. I admit another DNF there is a possibility... especially if the car is a bit off again...

#19612 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:53

Would be good if ate some humble pie and accepted some responsibility for all these incidents.. especially this one that was pretty clear it was ABSOLUTELY avoidable.

#19613 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:56

I think the key question is this: if he had started his career in Mercedes in 2010, would he still have been labelled as one of greatest F1 drivers or just one of good ones? Apart from climitizing seasons, Michael hasn't showed a pace/hasn't got a result that would have expected from an exceptional driver. I'm not saying he's not expectional driver, yes he was, but not he is. He is of course good, he's as fast as Rosberg but that is not the way Michael used to be. This is sad. He was always there to pick up points, to pick up places. I for myself didn't follow a single weekend since his comeback where I didn't doubt whether he can match Rosberg. That shouldn't have been the case in my humble and bruised opinion.

You make a very good point. I think he would be regarded as something of a cult driver like Kobayashi - capable of some really fun to watch racing and feisty, but also prone to be in crashes and not quite as quick as his team mate over a lap.

But Michael came back at 40 years old and 3 years out of the game. He is good now, where he used to be great. He isn't the same driver.

Still, I think there is a lottery element in F1 for whether drivers shine or get stuck in mediocrity during their careers. Just imagine if Jenson Button had stayed at Williams, where would he be now? Or just imagine if Alesi had signed with Williams in 1991...

#19614 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,523 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:56

Would be good if ate some humble pie and accepted some responsibility for all these incidents.. especially this one that was pretty clear it was ABSOLUTELY avoidable.

So when didn't he accept responsibility? The accident was first avoidable by Senna by not moving under braking.

#19615 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 14:57

Lol!

Schumacher made my day!

To be honest, yes, Senna flinched a bit to the left, and shouldn't have, but Schumi was a dummy, with his experience he should have realized he was in no position to pass anymore and should have left himself a bit more room to work with behind Bruno. Stupid, stupid move by Schumacher.

#19616 eff1fan

eff1fan

• 299 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:02

So when didn't he accept responsibility? The accident was first avoidable by Senna by not moving under braking.

The accident was 100% Schumacher's fault.

Blaming Senna and calling him an idiot is a strange way of accepting responsibility.

#19617 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:04

The car failures are unfortunate, but won't happen every race. Mercedes have made mistakes but aren't idiots.

More concerning is getting the set up nailed and qualifying up the grid. Just look at the races Button and Webber had today. Getting away from the pack and being able to run in clean-ish air is the key to having a trouble free race, and then we'll see a decent race performance.

Must admit I'm a bit worried about Monaco though. I admit another DNF there is a possibility... especially if the car is a bit off again...

Given he didn't like the 2011/2010 cars, he stil was good, Michael did well at Monaco, the merchanical DNF last year stopped a potential good race. Michael's attack on Pirelli is good, Michael angry leaving the car in Spain is good, his races haven't worked dout due to the teams fault overall so far, but it must change.

This is the Michael people wanted to see in 2010, remember how laid back he was, 2011 earlier on as well, Schumi clearly is trying, and when the team mess up.

This isn't frustration because of being off the pace like in some races in 2010, this is frustration due to one bad young racer Senna, and a build up of races where the team mostly have left him down, although he won't admit it pubically for now. It's good to see Schumacher pisses off, he wants to do well, I think this will bold him well. He's been more then cool for a long time, but now he is seeing potential good results go fry out, he is showing just how badly he wants it. It's for us to be patient now, and for him to keep on fighting and getting angry, that's the MS people were calling for in 2010, he's back, the results will come, all of his merceedes seasons get better as they go along, and this season is the longest ever, so he still has a long way to go.

#19618 aliasj

aliasj

• 150 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:07

I think the key question is this: if he had started his career in Mercedes in 2010, would he still have been labelled as one of greatest F1 drivers or just one of good ones?

yes. if MSC was 20 years older today, he'd be as fast as ARYTON Senna. so, any questions?

#19619 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:08

Given he didn't like the 2011/2010 cars, he stil was good, Michael did well at Monaco, the merchanical DNF last year stopped a potential good race. Michael's attack on Pirelli is good, Michael angry leaving the car in Spain is good, his races haven't worked dout due to the teams fault overall so far, but it must change.

This is the Michael people wanted to see in 2010, remember how laid back he was, 2011 earlier on as well, Schumi clearly is trying, and when the team mess up.

This isn't frustration because of being off the pace like in some races in 2010, this is frustration due to one bad young racer Senna, and a build up of races where the team mostly have left him down, although he won't admit it pubically for now. It's good to see Schumacher pisses off, he wants to do well, I think this will bold him well. He's been more then cool for a long time, but now he is seeing potential good results go fry out, he is showing just how badly he wants it. It's for us to be patient now, and for him to keep on fighting and getting angry, that's the MS people were calling for in 2010, he's back, the results will come, all of his merceedes seasons get better as they go along, and this season is the longest ever, so he still has a long way to go.

LOL. Trying to deflect fustration with Michael's performance on poor innocent Senna is just not beneficial to anyone. Trying to convince yourself Senna is why Michael's fans are getting tired of all his horrible Sundays is insulting as well. I've waited for 100weeks for the legend to come back .. and he simply can't. Much like Tiger Woods. Expectations are only because of history vs. current level of competance.

Edited by Paco, 13 May 2012 - 15:09.

Advertisement

#19620 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:11

Last week he whined about the tires, this week it's Senna, what next week?

Hey, the guy was a brilliant racing driver, but you make too many excuses for him, he's not the Michael he once was, the sooner you come to grips with that, the happier you'll be and the more you'll appreciate what he's doing. I'm not a fan of his, but I can appreciate and respect what he's being able to accomplish as an elder driver. Instead of hoping for unreachable heights for him, you should just enjoy his presence in F1, it'll probably not last too much longer.

#19621 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:16

Hey, the guy was a brilliant racing driver, but you make too many excuses for him, he's not the Michael he once was, the sooner you come to grips with that, the happier you'll be and the more you'll appreciate what he's doing. I'm not a fan of his, but I can appreciate and respect what he's being able to accomplish as an elder driver. Instead of hoping for unreachable heights for him, you should just enjoy his presence in F1, it'll probably not last too much longer.

:up: I just keeping hoping for 1 Miracle Race where he nails pole and leads it wire to wire.. just for rekindling memories :)

#19622 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:27

So frustrating to see Michael only have 2 points with such a good car. Partly due to him, partly due to bad luck. His season is over as a title contender before it has even begun.

And what is that "partly"? Please explain where in these 5 races he ruined a race or something?

#19623 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:31

You make his temperament sound positive. Michael's career is littered with incidents of cracking under pressure, unsavoury and unnecessary incidents.
Jean Todt told us he is insecure. That's what keeps him going, his determination to prove he is the best, which he hasn't been since 2004. He got a sniff of yet another vastly superior car under Brawn and for once it hasnt gone his way.
At the moment he just looks like a hypocrite. He needs to take the rough with the smooth.

#19624 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:35

:up: I just keeping hoping for 1 Miracle Race where he nails pole and leads it wire to wire.. just for rekindling memories :)

Teaming up with Birelman to pretend to be a fake fan. Good job.

Birelman I should enjoy exactly what I should enjoy the way you say I should enjoy it. LOL After your what 1000 negative posts. I should enjoy the presense of the safety car in f1 because it's what Birelman thinks is right. I should enjoy the presense of the green grass at Spa. I think Schumacher sweeps up all sorts of lifeforms in his 3 decades of racing, that's alot of forums he's pissed off or made laugh, exactly why this thread is 20000 posts almost. Yours is no different from the past 12 years of posts I've seen on here. Ive' seen better posts from unti Schumacher fans who've given a balanced debate, they would be disappointed with the work your continuing.

:smoking:

Edited by SeanValen, 13 May 2012 - 15:42.

#19625 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:37

You make his temperament sound positive. Michael's career is littered with incidents of cracking under pressure, unsavoury and unnecessary incidents.
Jean Todt told us he is insecure. That's what keeps him going, his determination to prove he is the best, which he hasn't been since 2004. He got a sniff of yet another vastly superior car under Brawn and for once it hasnt gone his way.
At the moment he just looks like a hypocrite. He needs to take the rough with the smooth.

It is positive. Michael could have stayed at Bennetton, he could probably have signed with McLaren. He stuck at Ferrari during difficult years and put in some superb drives for them before the run of titles. Thats all to his credit, and his determination to succeed and prove he is the best played a huge part in that. Maybe other drivers have had the driving skills to achieve his sucess, but he actually did it.

I agree that he has sometimes 'cracked' under pressure, thats the darker flipside of his need to win.

I completely disagree with your statement that he looks like a hypocrit. How exactly? He's never blamed his team, he's understandably annoyed that Senna didn't drive in the way a more experienced racer like Hamilton or Button would have, he keeps trying to push forward and improve. Where is the hypocrisy?

#19626 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:39

5 place grid penalty for Schu in Monaco.

#19627 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:40

lol

Which idiot was the steward?

#19628 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:40

It is positive. Michael could have stayed at Bennetton, he could probably have signed with McLaren. He stuck at Ferrari during difficult years and put in some superb drives for them before the run of titles. Thats all to his credit, and his determination to succeed and prove he is the best played a huge part in that. Maybe other drivers have had the driving skills to achieve his sucess, but he actually did it.

I agree that he has sometimes 'cracked' under pressure, thats the darker flipside of his need to win.

I completely disagree with your statement that he looks like a hypocrit. How exactly? He's never blamed his team, he's understandably annoyed that Senna didn't drive in the way a more experienced racer like Hamilton or Button would have, he keeps trying to push forward and improve. Where is the hypocrisy?

Difficult years? he joined a better Ferrari than Alonso did, with a bigger budget. The benetton staff followed him anyway.

#19629 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,340 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:41

Source?

#19630 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,351 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:45

Difficult years? he joined a better Ferrari than Alonso did, with a bigger budget. The benetton staff followed him anyway.

Are you joking with comparing Schu with 1996-1998 with Alonso?

Alonso was nearly WDC in 2010. 1996 was terrible, so was 1997 car (Schu's driving was on another planet in 97 that made the difference, much like Alonso now with Ferrari). It was not until 1998 (given McLaren had the far better car in 1998) that he could finally compete on par.

Edited by George Costanza, 13 May 2012 - 15:46.

#19631 sniper80

sniper80

• 525 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:47

He would come away nicely with that penalty.

#19632 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:49

Now I know you aren't to be taken seriously! Good grief!

#19633 Atonal

Atonal

• 85 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:50

Mr2s can you kindly enlighten me as to which driver you prefer/follow so that I can filter out from which side you are coming from or are you one of those completely impartial petrol heads just appreciating good drivers and teams?

I suspect perhaps Saint Alonso of Catalan? Shouldn't it be Mr0.6s then? :)

#19634 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:15

Remaind me, what happened to Webber when he hit someone from behind (similar accident a few years back), or to Hamilton, hitting Kimi at pit exit...

#19635 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,523 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:18

If that is the penalty the stewards are again morons.

#19636 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,405 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:22

Source?

If it's true, I'll only watch on dreary Sundays and not postpone a nice moto tour on my VFR anymore. I've had it with cartoon tires and results. Mario Kart Wii has more consistent results...

#19637 scandyman

scandyman

• 127 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:23

2nd lap is my bet too -- with Kobayashi slamming into Schumacher's back

And if ever he survives after Lap 2, Merc will make sure MS retires shortly after his 1st pit stop

If he still survives after his 1st pit stop, then that only means one thing: A typical 8th-10th finish.

But of course, MS could use some luck today. Who knows. Wish him the best for today's race!

You got it almost right there buddy :rotfl:

#19638 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:24

Source?

Looks like his 'source' is some random Macca fan on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sinniebaby

Yes - really. :lol:

#19639 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:24

I don't find confirmation for the penalty?

Advertisement

#19640 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,523 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:25

Yep, 5 place drop. F@ck them.

#19641 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:25

Yep 5 grid penalty for Michael. Can't believe this.

#19642 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:27

Yep, 5 place drop. F@ck them.

I don't lie mate. I didn't say he had a 5 place penalty to piss you guys off.

#19643 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:28

NobleF1: Michael Schumacher gets five-place grid penalty for Monaco Grand Prix following collision with Bruno Senna

#19644 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:31

Looks like his 'source' is some random Macca fan on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sinniebaby

Yes - really. :lol:

You should feel like an ass right now. :wave:

http://fia.com/en-GB...document-53.pdf

Edited by CrucialXtreme, 13 May 2012 - 16:31.

#19645 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

I don't know, doesn't seem particularly fair to me, but I guess it makes sense in the order of things.

#19646 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Shocking conclusion. So that clarifies the situation for the future, expect to see these last minute changes by the car ahead in the braking zone.

A president has been set. Dangerous decision!

#19647 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,340 posts

We can write of Monaco then. please just retire Michael this is doing my head in.

#19648 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:33

Another strange penalty.

Oh well, its 'good for the show'.

#19649 SRK

SRK

• 177 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:34

Shocking conclusion. So that clarifies the situation for the future, expect to see these last minute changes by the car ahead in the braking zone.

A president has been set. Dangerous decision!

Car AHEAD?

Posted Image

#19650 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:34

Like it is matter where he will start , 5 or 10 or 15? With car like that it is torture. It is not like he is fighting for a win. By the next race , they will be out of Q3.