Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#19901 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 22:07

But not us, because we are sophisticated and knowledgeable fans with an understanding of what actually happened right? Not the sort of people who would look at this year and suggest Michael has been driving less than very well indeed. Only someone who just reads the headlines would be THAT dumb I'm sure.

But, and you have to agree that perspectives of his comeback will be skewed towards the negative should he not succeed. And by that I mean a return to winning ways. That he has on occasion driven well is beyond dispute, but driving well and getting results are different matters entirely.

Advertisement

#19902 baddog

baddog

• 24,024 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:31

Lets just summarise the season so far for Michael.. completely fact based, just to try to 'reset' the conversation to a rational basis maybe?

Australia: Qualified 4th (teammate 7th), retired from 3rd with a mechanical issue. (teammate 5th at that time)
Malaysia: Qualified 3rd (teammate 8th), 10th in race following contact from Grosjean (teammate 13th)
China: Qualified 2nd (teammate 1st), retired from 2nd after pitstop error by team (teammate 1st)
Bahrain: Qualified 18th after wing failure in Q1 (teammate 5th), finshed 10th (teammate 5th)
Spain: Qualified 8th with no time set in Q3 (teammate 6th with time set), dnf following crash with Senna while running 7th (teammate finished 7th)

I have tried to be completely fair and apologise for any minor innacuracies. Seems to be a bloody good season barring his mistake hitting Senna.

#19903 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:01

Yeah so far so good. I like how LW drive in Spain was called solid, mature and all that yet MS drive in Bahrain does not get the same level of attention...

#19904 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:07

Yeah so far so good. I like how LW drive in Spain was called solid, mature and all that yet MS drive in Bahrain does not get the same level of attention...

This. People forget that Macca have a much stronger car than Mercedes. Also, look at the ratings that people gave Rosberg in Bahrain and Button in Spain respectively. 7 compared to 3 on average.

#19905 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:12

Lets just summarise the season so far for Michael.. completely fact based, just to try to 'reset' the conversation to a rational basis maybe?

Australia: Qualified 4th (teammate 7th), retired from 3rd with a mechanical issue. (teammate 5th at that time)
Malaysia: Qualified 3rd (teammate 8th), 10th in race following contact from Grosjean (teammate 13th)
China: Qualified 2nd (teammate 1st), retired from 2nd after pitstop error by team (teammate 1st)
Bahrain: Qualified 18th after wing failure in Q1 (teammate 5th), finshed 10th (teammate 5th)
Spain: Qualified 8th with no time set in Q3 (teammate 6th with time set), dnf following crash with Senna while running 7th (teammate finished 7th)

I have tried to be completely fair and apologise for any minor innacuracies. Seems to be a bloody good season barring his mistake hitting Senna.

I do believe that unlike many MS fans you do try to be fair baddog. However it's interesting that MS gets let off on the basis of maybe the car doesn't suit his style etc. So Nico has had trouble nursing the car on these crap tyres in 2012, sounds just as plausible wouldn't you say? I try to be fair and give credit where it's due and I have to say MS is more impressive this season including qualifying which had been an achilles heel.

Few MS fans will recall but in the last quarter of 2011 Nico had pretty bad luck too, often when he looked in good shape. I think this season is pretty even between them if we take away Nico's best race at China where he was simply stunning and Michael was 0.5 off.

#19906 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:32

He lost half a second only in sector 3.

So Michael had no chance to challenge Rosberg? Not even a tiny one, considering we don't know how the other stints would have played out?

Ironic.

1. Does it matter if 0.5 is earned across 1, 2 or 3 sectors? The lap chart says enough, and it says "0.5"!

2. Speculating what would happen in another stint is futility and I doubt the writer would allow such speculation if the positions were reversed.

3. Yes - most ironic.

You see what I mean when I say Schumacher fans often make ridiculously inflated claims about "their man". And they wonder why people who keep their personal biases chilled down a little respond in correcting the obvious inequity of a statement. :rolleyes:

It still causes me to wonder why MS would bother continuing after a mostly glorious career when he is driving a pretty ordinary car - in terms of his career, the worst he has driven.

Nico continues to try to find a team who can provide him with a winning car, a bit like his old man did, but for too long. I can understand why he is still prepared to persevere with an ordinary car.

In the plastic version of racing that is Pirelli 2012 MS appears to be able to play the racecraft games nearly as well as his younger and quicker teammate, even if he does tend to bump into things occasionally. I acknowledge he has also had some wretched luck and looks far more convincing than 2011 when he is having a good day. His bad days are bordering on howlers (Spain) and outclassed (China). But at 43 we should not be too surprised, it's impressive enough that he can still be on the same page as some of the young guns.

#19907 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 4,214 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:13

But, and you have to agree that perspectives of his comeback will be skewed towards the negative should he not succeed. And by that I mean a return to winning ways. That he has on occasion driven well is beyond dispute, but driving well and getting results are different matters entirely.

Was just going to point this out--I agree completely. I also don't think that his comeback will hurt the perspective of his 'first' career very much if at all in the eyes of many--or at least in the eyes of the sensible among us. :p

It still causes me to wonder why MS would bother continuing after a mostly glorious career when he is driving a pretty ordinary car - in terms of his career, the worst he has driven.

Nico continues to try to find a team who can provide him with a winning car, a bit like his old man did, but for too long. I can understand why he is still prepared to persevere with an ordinary car.

In the plastic version of racing that is Pirelli 2012 MS appears to be able to play the racecraft games nearly as well as his younger and quicker teammate, even if he does tend to bump into things occasionally. I acknowledge he has also had some wretched luck and looks far more convincing than 2011 when he is having a good day. His bad days are bordering on howlers (Spain) and outclassed (China). But at 43 we should not be too surprised, it's impressive enough that he can still be on the same page as some of the young guns.

Pretty much sums it up, to be honest. Always enjoy reading your posts even if our views on Schumi are different. :up:

You see what I mean when I say Schumacher fans often make ridiculously inflated claims about "their man". And they wonder why people who keep their personal biases chilled down a little respond in correcting the obvious inequity of a statement. :rolleyes:

I wish you wouldn't generalise, though--I've learned over time that every driver on the grid has fans who behave like that. It's not something exclusive to MS. ;)

#19908 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:26

I am pretty sure that MS would have finished ahead of Nico in Spain. Nico was 2 sec ahead of Michael.

#19909 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:45

I am pretty sure that MS would have finished ahead of Nico in Spain. Nico was 2 sec ahead of Michael.

+ Grosjean

#19910 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:05

What Grosjean? He pass Nico in lap 15.

#19911 black magic

black magic

• 3,962 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:06

I'm a little surprised people haven't questioned nico's fitness/ it does seem a consistant feature that nico seems to fade towards the end of the race. yes that could be the tyres but also could it ntot be that he is getting either tired or struggling with motivation/ concentration due to tredness?

#19912 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 13:19

Michael just doesn't "bumps" into wrong things without a reason. I am noticing in here a lot of posters are patting themselves on the shoulder for being objective, yet almost no one bothers to invest in cause & effect analysis to understand the altercation from technical side. I guess writing off Schumacher as "old" is quicker and painless for a lazy mind. It was a racing accident, no doubt about it. Was it avoidable? Stewards said YES, but was it really? F1 is all about risk in those speeds, and nanoseconds do count. I am not pretending to know more than anyone else in here, but I do suggest that better understanding of cumulative effect of air flow, turbulance caused by changing car positions, and available breaking options could be a good start (instead just assigning blame and walking away from it).

Edited by Sakae, 18 May 2012 - 18:31.

#19913 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 14:26

He actually emerged from the pits in P6.
He was behind Rosberg, Perez and Massa who had yet to stop. He was also behind Button and Hamilton who undercut him by stopping earlier.

#19914 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:08

He was let down there by the strategy. His pace was fine and he managed to increase the gap to Button just before the pit-stop, yet he was brought in one lap too late and that cost him the two places to McLaren.

Edited by PoliFanAthic, 17 May 2012 - 16:08.

#19915 MrMontecarlo

MrMontecarlo

• 546 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:12

It's a pity for Michael that he got penalized for Monaco. I think it is the track where he could beat Rosberg easily.

#19916 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:16

He was let down there by the strategy. His pace was fine and he managed to increase the gap to Button just before the pit-stop, yet he was brought in one lap too late and that cost him the two places to McLaren.

Sure, I don't disagree. The timing of the pitstop was fine if they were confident of managing a 2-stopper otherwise, yes they were at least one lap too late.

#19917 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:36

1. Does it matter if 0.5 is earned across 1, 2 or 3 sectors? The lap chart says enough, and it says "0.5"!

2. Speculating what would happen in another stint is futility and I doubt the writer would allow such speculation if the positions were reversed.

3. Yes - most ironic.

:up:

Some MS fans are trying so hard to justify his 2 pts after 5 races..

Just wait after maybe 15 races or when the season ends. Still a lot of things can happen..who knows MS will win 1 race (since some people here consider this season a lottery season), then you can save yourself from scratching your heads on how you can defend MS or justify his lack of results.

Edited by jbarokF1, 17 May 2012 - 16:47.

#19918 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 17:04

:up:

Some MS fans are trying so hard to justify his 2 pts after 5 races..

Just wait after maybe 15 races or when the season ends. Still a lot of things can happen..who knows MS will win 1 race (since some people here consider this season a lottery season), then you can save yourself from scratching your heads on how you can defend MS or justify his lack of results.

Right. You've made your point very clearly on this thread - you don't like Michael or his fans.

So why don't you take each race and explain why he didn't score more points. You can start with Australia - since his fans obviously don't understand motorsport please explain to us why Michael didn't score more points in Australia and how that was his fault. Then you can try Malaysia, then China. I need educating..

#19919 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 17:08

I do believe that unlike many MS fans you do try to be fair baddog. However it's interesting that MS gets let off on the basis of maybe the car doesn't suit his style etc. So Nico has had trouble nursing the car on these crap tyres in 2012, sounds just as plausible wouldn't you say? I try to be fair and give credit where it's due and I have to say MS is more impressive this season including qualifying which had been an achilles heel.

Few MS fans will recall but in the last quarter of 2011 Nico had pretty bad luck too, often when he looked in good shape. I think this season is pretty even between them if we take away Nico's best race at China where he was simply stunning and Michael was 0.5 off.

Your blanket generalisation of MS fans is pretty insulting.

Advertisement

#19920 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 18:03

Right. You've made your point very clearly on this thread - you don't like Michael or his fans.

So why don't you take each race and explain why he didn't score more points. You can start with Australia - since his fans obviously don't understand motorsport please explain to us why Michael didn't score more points in Australia and how that was his fault. Then you can try Malaysia, then China. I need educating..

Like what I've said I'd rather wait till the season ends before I get comments of being bias. Too early to judge or defend any driver at the moment..

I'd rather wait the total points after the last race..The driver with most points is the best driver of the season and the driver with more points in the team is the better driver, regardless of godd or bad luck, mechanical issues, etc. This is the reason why we have points system in order to quantify the best driver.

Edited by jbarokF1, 17 May 2012 - 18:11.

#19921 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 18:07

Why post-Spain criticism of Schumacher is wrong

http://www.thef1time...s/display/06006

#19922 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:20

According to the marketing intitute Promit, 55,4% od the Germans wants Schumy to retire.
26.2 per cent said they think Schumacher should sign on for at least another season.

http://totalf1.com/f...at_end_of_2012/

Edited by IceSkyrim, 18 May 2012 - 03:21.

#19923 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:28

Like what I've said I'd rather wait till the season ends before I get comments of being bias. Too early to judge or defend any driver at the moment..

I'd rather wait the total points after the last race..The driver with most points is the best driver of the season and the driver with more points in the team is the better driver, regardless of godd or bad luck, mechanical issues, etc. This is the reason why we have points system in order to quantify the best driver.

OMFG!!!!! he didn't really just say that did he?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If that's how you feel - don't bother even watching the races - just look at the points result at the end of the year.

Edited by Raelene, 18 May 2012 - 07:08.

#19924 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:23

Oh you've been doing plenty of judging in this thread.

Tell you what, why don't you check out who finished 22nd and 23rd in the championship points for the 2001 season. Then you can justify how Tarso Marques is such a superior driver to Alonso :rolleyes:

#19925 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:29

According to the marketing intitute Promit, 55,4% od the Germans wants Schumy to retire.
26.2 per cent said they think Schumacher should sign on for at least another season.

That's what you get when you ask only the anti-Schumi crowd. No one has ask me... :p

#19926 pUs

pUs

• 2,577 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:47

Yeah, so why don't you do exactly that - wait? And since context is such a non-issue for you, and you're clearly not the slightest interested in taking into account how a race arrived at a certain result, why on earth are you even watching these races, let alone discussing them?

Edited by pUs, 18 May 2012 - 11:49.

#19927 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:59

It was a good drive....but MS had the luxury of 3 sets of new soft tires, LH had none...combined with a circuit where its hard to overtake/hard on tires, LH had to go long on his strategy.

With that said, I think MS has had a decent start to the season barring what happened last sunday

#19928 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 738 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:50

Don't lie, expect, not want.

#19929 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 14:19

Don't lie, expect, not want.

YES, thanks for correcting me :up:

But you can interpret as:

I expect = I hope = I wish = I want ... Schumacher to retire  ;)

#19930 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 14:47

I expect = I hope = I wish = I want ... Schumacher to retire ;)

Only you interpret it like this. We don't.

#19931 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,398 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 15:07

I expect = I hope = I wish = I want ... Schumacher to retire ;)

I expect I will not win the lottery this weekend.

I want to win the lottery this weekend.

expect != want

#19932 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 15:16

Thank you for the linguistic discussion people. :up:

In the end people perceive MS is not having a good time in F1.

On a personnal note, if I see somebody dear to me not doing well, with no hope of improvement, I expect/hop/wish him to drop the activity. IMO.

#19933 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,399 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 15:27

SID is a German agency, and in German they have written Schumacher "soll" (should) retire, not that they "expect" him to retire.

Here there is a link in German: http://www.motorspor...n_12051602.html

#19934 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 15:33

SID is a German agency, and in German they have written Schumacher "soll" (should) retire, not that they "expect" him to retire.

Here there is a link in German: http://www.motorspor...n_12051602.html

Thank you :up:

I was waiting for the feedback of the original news in German. ;)
"Schumacher should retire"

Anyway "want" was improper from my part, sorry all.

Edited by IceSkyrim, 18 May 2012 - 15:36.

#19935 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 738 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 15:55

Thank you for the linguistic discussion people. :up:

In the end people perceive MS is not having a good time in F1.

On a personnal note, if I see somebody dear to me not doing well, with no hope of improvement, I expect/hop/wish him to drop the activity. IMO.

From a purely selfish point of view I'd rather he stayed as I enjoy watching him race, taking a step back however I can see how him hanging around when he clearly is no where near as good as he was, has no need to keep racing and is therefore potentially keeping a fast young racer out of a seat would frustrate people.

#19936 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 22:09

I read Stoner's words announcing his retirement and I thought it would perfectly fit a MSC announcement of retirement after this whole thing regarding the tires and etc

Don't you guys think those words could also be used by MSC this year?

"After so many years of doing the sport which I love, and which myself and my family made so many sacrifices for, after so many years of trying to get to where we have gotten to at this point, this sport has changed a lot and it has changed to the point where I am not enjoying it.

"I don't have the passion for it and so at this time it's better if I retire now.

"There are a lot of things that have disappointed me, and also a lot of things I have loved about this sport, but unfortunately the balance has gone in the wrong direction."

Casey Stoner

#19937 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 22:32

I read Stoner's words announcing his retirement and I thought it would perfectly fit a MSC announcement of retirement after this whole thing regarding the tires and etc

As I read Stoner's words, I thought of Schumi. However, I think Schumi's love for the sport runs deeper. He had a longer career than Stoner and put up with a LOT of negative press during those years.

If his resilience is the same as in the past, I doubt that any negative press will sway him into retiring. It will be a personal decision based on what really prevails around him rather than what fans and the media are saying.

#19938 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 12,515 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 22:37

There's a difference - from Casey's mouth they could be the words of a winner, from Michael's they are the words of a loser.

#19939 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:19

He'll stay because that's the kind of person he comes across as, a stubborn, determined git. He knows more than anyone else that his performances have been "on it" but he's been riddled with utter b*llshit it really is laughable. There's 15 races to go, his bad luck won't run for 15 more races and people will stop calling for his head.

Advertisement

#19940 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:23

As I read Stoner's words, I thought of Schumi. However, I think Schumi's love for the sport runs deeper. He had a longer career than Stoner and put up with a LOT of negative press during those years.

If his resilience is the same as in the past, I doubt that any negative press will sway him into retiring. It will be a personal decision based on what really prevails around him rather than what fans and the media are saying.

Certainly is a contrast of careers. Casey retires at the top aged 26. Michael is still bashing around tripping over midfield drivers at the age of 43. But I like the suitability of Casey's retirement announcement being adopted.

Like Michael, Casey has his share of critics, among the fans more than the serious scribes. Casey never behaved poorly on track with unsporting behaviour but like Michael could be rather poor on the communications front. I am sad that CAsey is retiring because he still has it, plenty of it, and is the most spectacular rider on teh MGP bikes. Michael on teh other hand I would not miss as there are plenty of young bucks who would be aquickly on his pace if they got their chance. And while Casey could conceivably expect to win another 4 or more titles if he went on to normal retiring age of 34, Michael will never win another title, he simply is no longer good enough. If Stoner reached that point I would want him to quit immediately, like I think Rossi should and Michael should. Both noticeably past their peak and not in the top echelon of competitors.

#19941 baddog

baddog

• 24,024 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:09

Hey you are letting your cardboard mask of un-bias slip there mate :p

Michael is being out-driven by precisely WHO this year? Lets be clear. I would suggest Alonso and Hamilton as the only two drivers one could reasonably state to be demonstrably outperforming him. Everyone else is all over the place.

You say he 'is no longer good enough', but what does that say about the current drivers?? Nico must according to you not be good enough. Jenson isnt good enough, Sebastian? Not good enough. They have all made mistakes and had mixed results, no better than Michael's performance in any way.

I think they are all good enough, as Michael clearly is too. He made ONE mistake while driving extremely well. Stop being silly.

#19942 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:20

He'll stay because that's the kind of person he comes across as, a stubborn, determined git. He knows more than anyone else that his performances have been "on it" but he's been riddled with utter b*llshit it really is laughable. There's 15 races to go, his bad luck won't run for 15 more races and people will stop calling for his head.

Johan, there is already enough chatter in the pit lane - Joe Saward has been recently expressing it like this:

The ability to assess oneself honestly is vital in the job of being an F1 driver and a team boss (as in any employment where performance is important). A smart driver will always say “I screwed up” when he makes a mistake. That way he is respected much more by the team, and by sensible observers, than would be the case if he tried to shift the blame elsewhere.

I would say, for example, that Michael Schumacher needs to have a good look at himself and ask difficult questions, rather than saying that the tyres are not good and that Bruno Senna was to blame for the accident between them in Barcelona.

Of course, not many in this thread will be agreeing that he has a point....

Edited by aditya-now, 19 May 2012 - 12:22.

#19943 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:51

Johan, there is already enough chatter in the pit lane - Joe Saward has been recently expressing it like this:

The ability to assess oneself honestly is vital in the job of being an F1 driver and a team boss (as in any employment where performance is important). A smart driver will always say “I screwed up” when he makes a mistake. That way he is respected much more by the team, and by sensible observers, than would be the case if he tried to shift the blame elsewhere.

I would say, for example, that Michael Schumacher needs to have a good look at himself and ask difficult questions, rather than saying that the tyres are not good and that Bruno Senna was to blame for the accident between them in Barcelona.

Of course, not many in this thread will be agreeing that he has a point....

Yes, right you are. I have travelled around the globe a few times, and made living on four continents, yet towards end of my life I can tell you that creating moral template and expecting that all people will fit the frame has never worked properly. Saward's expectations are his only, and he can live with those, no problem. Point being, that Schumacher has come out from a slightly different culture, and for those of us who follow him long enough we know that he is a sincere person who has admitted to a mistake when he felt like that. Obviously this time he expected something else, and I do not pretend that I know what it was. (Like Vettel in Turkey). I think about it like synchronized swiming, and if one deviates, pile of them go down. I am not blaiming Senna; all what I am saying is that I do not understand techical side of the incident, but just from watching Michael, there was something else in this. Could be that word "idiot" was just a relieve valve open (others say s**t), maybe he was angry with himself. I am not sure, but based on his performance this year I would be careful to write him off, and baseless, far encompassing attack on him is really uncalled for, as pecially when there is one standard for Schumacher, and another for McLaren boys. F1 of today is markedly different from times when he chased Senna and/or Prost, yet he has adopted well. My compliment to him.

Edited by Sakae, 19 May 2012 - 12:54.

#19944 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:53

Darren Heath ‏ @F1Photographer
Just how much longer will #f1 #mercedes put up with #schumacher ? Rumours of a big name replacement are gathering a pace.

The whole thing has been simmering for a while now - Lewis replacing Michael at Merc, which is logical in many ways, given his connections with Norbert and Nico. And it saves the face for Mercedes.

#19945 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,889 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:54

Yes, right you are. I have travelled around the globe a few times, and made living on four continents, yet towards end of my life I can tell you that creating moral template and expecting that all people will fit the frame has never worked properly. Saward's expectations are his only, and he can live with those, no problem. Point being, that Schumacher has come out a slightly different culture, and for those of us who follow him long enough we know that he is a sincere person who has admitted to a mistake when he felt like that. Obviously this time he expected something else, and I do not pretend that I know what it was. (Like Vettel in Turkey). I think about it like synchronized swiming, and if one deviates, pile of them go down. I am not blaiming Senna; all what I am saying is that I do not understand techical side of the incident, but just from watching Michael, there was something else in this. Could be that word "idiot" was just a relieve valve open (otehrs say s**t), maybe he was angry with himself. I am not sure, but based on his performance this year I would be careful to write him off, and baseless, far encompassing attack on him is really uncalled for, as pecially when there is one standard for Schumacher, and another for McLaren boys. F1 of today is markedly different from times when he chased Senna and/or Prost, yet he has adopted well. My compliment to him.

When either Lewis or Jenson stop on the apex of a chicane, to block another driver during a free practice session, will I agree with you.

Edited by Kvothe, 19 May 2012 - 12:56.

#19946 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 13:00

When either Lewis or Jenson stop on the apex of a chicane, to block another driver during a free practice session, will I agree with you.

Topic was last Schumacher's altercation with Senna, and pots-incident rhetorics in paddoc, media, and BBs, comparing with various events when in similar situation McLaren's drivers were involved. If you want to start your game on a different note, than I suggest (as someone here pointed out), you should create a list as of age eight, when mean Schumacher start messing kart event. Make a list, frame it, and post it every time someone disagrees with you.

Edited by Sakae, 19 May 2012 - 13:00.

#19947 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 13:00

Yes, right you are. I have travelled around the globe a few times, and made living on four continents, yet towards end of my life I can tell you that creating moral template and expecting that all people will fit the frame has never worked properly. Saward's expectations are his only, and he can live with those, no problem. Point being, that Schumacher has come out from a slightly different culture, and for those of us who follow him long enough we know that he is a sincere person who has admitted to a mistake when he felt like that. Obviously this time he expected something else, and I do not pretend that I know what it was. (Like Vettel in Turkey). I think about it like synchronized swiming, and if one deviates, pile of them go down. I am not blaiming Senna; all what I am saying is that I do not understand techical side of the incident, but just from watching Michael, there was something else in this. Could be that word "idiot" was just a relieve valve open (others say s**t), maybe he was angry with himself. I am not sure, but based on his performance this year I would be careful to write him off, and baseless, far encompassing attack on him is really uncalled for, as pecially when there is one standard for Schumacher, and another for McLaren boys. F1 of today is markedly different from times when he chased Senna and/or Prost, yet he has adopted well. My compliment to him.

I give you that, Sakae - Spain was extremely unlucky both for Schumi and for Senna - both were victims. Senna victim of degrading tires, Michael victim of an unsteerable car so close in the slipstream behind Senna at the end of the straight. Yes, in a way Michael himself was the idiot, he should have known that after so many years in the sport.

Interesting, Sakae, you lived on four continents, myself only on three - my homes were in Salzburg, Sao Paulo, New York City, Rome, Prague, Hamburg, Vienna, The Hague, Milan and Zurich. Where have you been around? Sorry, out of context.

#19948 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 13:02

Darren Heath ‏ @F1Photographer
Just how much longer will #f1 #mercedes put up with #schumacher ? Rumours of a big name replacement are gathering a pace.

The whole thing has been simmering for a while now - Lewis replacing Michael at Merc, which is logical in many ways, given his connections with Norbert and Nico. And it saves the face for Mercedes.

BS, will never happen. Dream on. Heath doesn't have any credibility. I guess rumours came from his buddies @NobleF1, @andrewbensonf1, Joe Saward. Sorry ,but it sounds stupid, MGP screw MS so many time and now one incident and rumours started??? As you see nothing is connected with this tweet. It is simple malice. You should know that by now.

Edited by ivand911, 19 May 2012 - 13:55.

#19949 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 13:02

I give you that, Sakae - Spain was extremely unlucky both for Schumi and for Senna - both were victims. Senna victim of degrading tires, Michael victim of an unsteerable car so close in the slipstream behind Senna at the end of the straight. Yes, in a way Michael himself was the idiot, he should have known that after so many years in the sport.

Interesting, Sakae, you lived on four continents, myself only on three - my homes were in Salzburg, Sao Paulo, New York City, Rome, Prague, Hamburg, Vienna, The Hague, Milan and Zurich. Where have you been around? Sorry, out of context.

EU, Africa, Americas, Japan.

#19950 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,889 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 13:12

Topic was last Schumacher's altercation with Senna, and pots-incident rhetorics in paddoc, media, and BBs, comparing with various events when in similar situation McLaren's drivers were involved. If you want to start your game on a different note, than I suggest (as someone here pointed out), you should create a list as of age eight, when mean Schumacher start messing kart event. Make a list, frame it, and post it every time someone disagrees with you.

The fact is if Schumacher is held to a different standard (which he isn't) his behaviour during his career in F1 probably warrants it.

Edited by D.M.N., 19 May 2012 - 17:22.
remove URL, new thread created as a result of split