Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#1951 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:46

Which is why Schumacher fans are no longer worried. At least I'm not.

I was never that worried anyway he as nothing to prove in F1 and yea before the season he might if aimed for the championship and why not he was in last years winner. It soon become clear he wouldent and the car is just not up to it so lets just race have fun and see what we get.

Advertisement

#1952 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:00

It wasn't inferior, by far. It just lost its immediate advantage over Ferrari.

In 2006 Renault was never superior to Ferrari. At the beginning of the season they were equal, but alonso was simply driving much better than Schumacher. After canada, Ferrari was the far superior car.

#1953 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:14

the michelin was the tire to have in a few races

#1954 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:17

the michelin was the tire to have in a few races

In a FEW races. Exactly that. In most races the BS+ferrari combo was the best.

#1955 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:56

Dude, the Ferrari cars were fast in Canada, but by no means the fastest for the rest of the season. It was only becuz Schumacher was behind the wheels of the Ferrari, that it looked fast. If you look at Massa he was fast only in Turkey and Brazil. The rest of the races he was no where to be seen.

#1956 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,796 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:08

You need to understand this is not the vintage Schu that all of us are used to seeing.

More people better let go of that 2000 vintage otherwise they will be upset.

The so called "vintage Schu" never had a teammate on equal status and
the other drivers are much better today than in -95 to 2000.

Do you really think that Schumacher could have won 9-12 races in a season
with the likes of Alonso and Lewis &Co having simular cars and tires? :rolleyes:

#1957 pericles

pericles

• 76 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:14

Dude, the Ferrari cars were fast in Canada, but by no means the fastest for the rest of the season. It was only becuz Schumacher was behind the wheels of the Ferrari, that it looked fast. If you look at Massa he was fast only in Turkey and Brazil. The rest of the races he was no where to be seen.

:up:

Schumacher made a few mistakes in the first part of the season, while overdriving the car in order to keep up with Renault, but otherwise his season was first class.
Alonso's season was first class as well, and he deserved the WDC. It was an epic battle and an epic season.

I can't understand why haters cannot acknowledge it but feel obligated to denigrate Schumacher.

#1958 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:16

After canada it was pretty much the fastest car in almost every race.

As for Massa not being anywhere - he was very fast in most races, despite bring nr.2 and having to work for schumacher in some races (like in france where massa was told to slow down alonso or germany where he almost slowed to standstill to let schumacher ahead or when he slowed down at suzuka to let MS pass him or indy where he drove his lap to pit a "bit" slower than needed to make sure Schumacher came out ahead)

#1959 Paul Prost

Paul Prost

• 745 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:18

I actually though Schumacher would smash Rosberg. I'm surprised by the pace advantage Rosberg has had. I guess that the three years away from the cockpit has really taken its toll.

Advertisement

#1960 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:19

he was allowed to keep his position in turkey (which I wouldn;'t have done, way too risky, SC and blew MS's race)..he was allowed to finish in front in Malaysia...why do you skip the malaysian race from this? they could have switched them, but they didn;t. (ms finished less than 1sec behind)

#1961 pericles

pericles

• 76 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:22

with the likes of Alonso and Lewis &Co having simular cars and tires? :rolleyes:

No. So what?
Do you think that Clark would have won all those races while paired by Surtees, Brabham, Gurney or Hill (1967 was very specific, Hill often leading and breaking down as the car and engine were under heavy development) instead of Taylor or Arundell?
Do you think that Fangio would have won all those races had it not been for the undisputed no. 1 status?
Etc.

This argument of Schumacher's haters is a complete nonsense and I'm getting very tired of it.

#1962 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:24

I actually though Schumacher would smash Rosberg. I'm surprised by the pace advantage Rosberg has had. I guess that the three years away from the cockpit has really taken its toll.

I have got this feeling that at his age the motor is starting with a little bit longer start time, but when it rolles,.. I assume f1 will be boring again. ( I fear_)

#1963 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:30

he was allowed to keep his position in turkey (which I wouldn;'t have done, way too risky, SC and blew MS's race)..he was allowed to finish in front in Malaysia...why do you skip the malaysian race from this? they could have switched them, but they didn;t. (ms finished less than 1sec behind)

What blew MS` race was that despite having the superior car, he was unable to keep his car on the road and went off the track losing lots of time. Sure, the SC hurt him, but without his mistake he would have easily beaten Alonso. Ferrari was completely in its own class that day. As for why they didnt switch positions, I guess they just didnt expect a SC to come that early and also they needed Massa to have a big gap over Alonso before pitting.
Malaysia was the 2nd race of the season and massa beat MS, despite having to start from the back of the grid. I guess Ferrari didnt want the bad publicity.
in any case, those two do not change the things i pointed out, which you cannot argue against in any way.

#1964 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,796 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:33

They would have been disqualified if they had switched them.
Remember that they were talking freqently on the radio during those last laps.
Massa also had a strange double engine switch to get him behind MS.

#1965 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,796 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:48

No. So what?
Do you think that Clark would have won all those races while paired by Surtees, Brabham, Gurney or Hill (1967 was very specific, Hill often leading and breaking down as the car and engine were under heavy development) instead of Taylor or Arundell?
Do you think that Fangio would have won all those races had it not been for the undisputed no. 1 status?
Etc.

This argument of Schumacher's haters is a complete nonsense and I'm getting very tired of it.

No probably not, but there were drivers whom won a lot without having undisputed no.1 status.

#1966 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,824 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:59

Posts have been deleted. Please cut out the trolling.

There are threads for the Monaco incident specifically so take any discussion there please.

If you want to know why your post was deleted or edited, read the rules and follow the instructions there.

#1967 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:01

They would have been disqualified if they had switched them.

no they wouldn't have...anybody can drive slower, they had plenty of time to stage it

Massa also had a strange double engine switch to get him behind MS.

this is nonsense already.
anything can be strange if you want to see it like that.

#1968 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:03

Malaysia was the 2nd race of the season and massa beat MS, despite having to start from the back of the grid.

if you watched the race massa simply had the better strategy, ms ended up in traffic and also had problems during his pitstop only to come out just behind felipe.

#1969 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,418 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:15

considering Schu hold his own vs Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost very well, in the early 90s, who are 100 times better than Alonso and Lewis, yes, I'd think he would beat Alonso and Lewis rather easily in his prime.

Edited by George Costanza, 18 May 2010 - 15:17.

#1970 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:26

It's getting a bit nasty in here. Tea and biscuits anyone.
:stoned:

It's been a good press weekend for Schumacher and still is. One corner and that never give up attitude changed everything. :up: The haters are bringing up past arguements to act as a drug to take the attention away of the new recasse legenday move by Schumi, it's the moment of the season, alot of people enjoyed it, had it been done on Michael, it would of been like winning the lottery of events in f1 in a forum's lifespan to have been apart of, but as it happened, Schumi did it on someone else, and the crybabies come out with recycled arguements of the past. :lol: :lol: Good times in the forum, good job eveyone :p

#1971 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:40

:stoned:

It's been a good press weekend for Schumacher and still is. One corner and that never give up attitude changed everything. :up: The haters are bringing up past arguements to act as a drug to take the attention away of the new recasse legenday move by Schumi, it's the moment of the season, alot of people enjoyed it, had it been done on Michael, it would of been like winning the lottery of events in f1 in a forum's lifespan to have been apart of, but as it happened, Schumi did it on someone else, and the crybabies come out with recycled arguements of the past. :lol: :lol: Good times in the forum, good job eveyone :p

This is clutching straws - a stolen 6th place becoming legendary - who would have ever called it that way, would it not involve an aging mega champ.
It´s just in line with the stolen positions from Ralf and Rubens a few years back - well, at least back then it was legal maneuvres.

So there is nothing new under the sun, and Michael is, who he always was. Just a little bit slower.

#1972 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:42

So there is nothing new under the sun, and Michael is, who he always was. Just a little bit slower.

Yeah, a possibly slower 7 times champion that once again has shown the young guns how to do it. Too bad others were sleeping on the job.

Edited by Diablobb81, 18 May 2010 - 15:42.

#1973 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:44

Yeah, a possibly slower 7 times champion that once again has shown the young guns how to do it. Too bad others were sleeping on the job.

...showing the young guns how to incur another penalty unnecessarily. I salute that!

#1974 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:45

It's been a good press weekend for Schumacher and still is. One corner and that never give up attitude changed everything. :up:

It wasn't just the one corner, it was the obvious discussion/planning between the team as a whole and the mental and car preparation for at least half a lap before that corner - wasn't just a gut/on the spot thing but the whole process of the machine that realized all his previous success.

I am actually heartened to see the support against his penalty, even some of the MS hate club has come to the fore when the good of motor racing is greater than one's dislike for the driver himself. :up:

#1975 falb

falb

• 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:48

...showing the young guns how to incur another penalty unnecessarily. I salute that!

Cool, so now we can expect the young guns to stay put whenever they get an opportunity until the team consults the lawyers over the legality of the maneuver. Looking forward to that.

#1976 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:51

To say that you miss the whole entire meaning of motor racing is somewhat of an understatement based on this post. You have also indicated you do not understand why MS has been so successful - oh did you know, 91 wins and 7 WDC's?

Thats 91 wins and 7 World Driving Championships.

Maybe you get confused with numbers, NINETY ONE WINS and SEVEN WORLD DRIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

And you can read falb's excellent reply twice too...

Cool, so now we can expect the young guns to stay put whenever they get an opportunity until the team consults the lawyers over the legality of the maneuver. Looking forward to that.

Edited by cheapracer, 18 May 2010 - 15:55.

#1977 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:54

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

To say that you miss the whole entire meaning of motor racing is somewhat of an understatement based on this post.

And you can read falb's excellent reply twice too...

:clap:

#1978 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,824 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:57

I am actually heartened to see the support against his penalty, even some of the MS hate club has come to the fore when the good of motor racing is greater than one's dislike for the driver himself. :up:

Well I think it shows one of two things. Either people have genuine issues about the favourable decisions he has had from stewards in the past or it was all about the colour of his car rather than the man.

Or a third option... maybe they just don't see him as a thread any more?

#1979 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 16:09

Well, for me, that one move on Fernando Alonso, showed to me why Michael Schumacher is regarded as the greatest of all time. I dont think anyone expected him to pull off such a ballsy move, which I think was perfectly legal. I think this would really give him the confidence back to take on his teammate who he beat in the last two races

That move will just alert everyone else on the grid whenever they are in front of or behind Schumacher and add just that little bit extra pressure on them
In my 25 odd years of watching F1, that will go right up there in the top 10 racing moments of all time in my list. :up:

Edited by SparkPlug, 18 May 2010 - 16:10.

Advertisement

#1980 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 16:11

Either people have genuine issues about the favourable decisions he has had from stewards in the past

You mean favorable decisions like Silverstone and Spa 1994, the entire 1997, Silverstone and Canada 1998 and Monaco 2006? (sarcasm).

MS still stands as the only driver in Grand Prix history to be disqualified from a years entire standings.

Strange a certain bunch seem to forget these decisions.

#1981 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,824 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 16:16

MS still stands as the only driver in Grand Prix history to be disqualified from a years entire standings.

Oh please.

#1982 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 16:17

No probably not, but there were drivers whom won a lot without having undisputed no.1 status.

yeah, but did they win as much?

#1983 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 16:47

Well, for me, that one move on Fernando Alonso, showed to me why Michael Schumacher is regarded as the greatest of all time. I dont think anyone expected him to pull off such a ballsy move, which I think was perfectly legal. I think this would really give him the confidence back to take on his teammate who he beat in the last two races

That move will just alert everyone else on the grid whenever they are in front of or behind Schumacher and add just that little bit extra pressure on them
In my 25 odd years of watching F1, that will go right up there in the top 10 racing moments of all time in my list. :up:

Yeah and Michael regards his indy 2005 win was as the greatest win in his career, beating the 2 super fast Minardis. It was amazing that Schumacher passed Alonso, after Alonso had been radioed that overtaking would result in a penalty. What an amazing overtake by Michael.

#1984 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 17:03

Well if people insist that the last two corners of Monaco are MS' greatest achievement since he came back... they might actually have a point.

:smoking:

#1985 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,199 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 18:03

Ukyo Katayama interviews Michael (the interview is in English):

#1986 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 18:28

oh, yes, that made all the difference.

True Story:

We were driving home last week up a long hill with only two lanes, yet 70km/hr speed limit.

Some old guy in a silver Mercedes in front of us decided to take the entire hill at 50 km/hr, which led my wife to blurt out, "Now I know exactly how Rosberg feels".

That's why I married her.

#1987 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 18:37

oh, yes, that made all the difference.

True Story:

We were driving home last week up a long hill with only two lanes, yet 70km/hr speed limit.

Some old guy in a silver Mercedes in front of us decided to take the entire hill at 50 km/hr, which led my wife to blurt out, "Now I know exactly how Rosberg feels".

That's why I married her.

You met Rosberg on a hill? :lol:

#1988 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 183 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 19:41

You met Rosberg on a hill? :lol:

:lol:

#1989 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 20:01

Yeah and Michael regards his indy 2005 win was as the greatest win in his career, beating the 2 super fast Minardis. It was amazing that Schumacher passed Alonso, after Alonso had been radioed that overtaking would result in a penalty. What an amazing overtake by Michael.

You know this for a fact how ? I still dont buy into this nonsense of Alonso cruising to the finish line at all. He did try to defend his position there, and he did try to get side by side to MS after he had started the move, and he DID race at full throttle to the finish line trying to regain the lost position.
I'm sorry, but Alonso really got schooled there, and he is really really lucky to have a flawed rule to save his reputation. That is probably one of the most embarrasing situations a world champion can be in, to be caught napping first, then try to take the position back, and then claim he wasnt racing at all. Lets hope for Ferrari's sake he raises his game up after that move.

#1990 qvn

qvn

• 765 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 20:09

Or a third option... maybe they just don't see him as a thread any more?

You are right. See the anti-MS reacted when MS blowed NR away in Spain. Some other similar performance from MS and you will see how MS haters will behalf.

It is just that MS's overtaking over Alonso was under GREEN LIGHT without SC sign on track so it is LEGAL. So if you are not really MS-haters then you can accept that fact.

#1991 valachus

valachus

• 1,073 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 20:25

Getting whole legions of fans to argue for days on end on a single move of a Monaco GP and its implications on the philosophy of F1 is quite an achievement in my opinion.
Let's assume for a second that the old man did the same thing with the others, parade to the finish line so that the press got its nice photos of the week: is that the racier thing to do, the attitude that's more worthy of praise? Is this the kind of behavior we should be looking forward in this new century of racing?
If there is one thing, aside from Webbo's win, to remain in the books in the years to come after this one race, it will be Schumi's move on Alonso that will be talked about and shown on historic footage, not Ferrari's pit-to-driver instructions to smile for the cameras and just roll over the finish line, like it or not. And if not, well you can always put together a nice screensaver with random photos of F1 cars and run it endlessly on your desktop - it will be just as exciting as the previous 77 laps of the race were (or so I'm told, I fell sound asleep around lap 45 of the race.). Otherwise, it was, once again, Schumi putting himself in the history books :up: :smoking:

#1992 baddog

baddog

• 23,523 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 20:29

Do I sense a few of the antis getting a little twitchy?

Goooooddd

#1993 VAR1016

VAR1016

• 2,825 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 20:50

You know this for a fact how ? I still dont buy into this nonsense of Alonso cruising to the finish line at all. He did try to defend his position there, and he did try to get side by side to MS after he had started the move, and he DID race at full throttle to the finish line trying to regain the lost position.
I'm sorry, but Alonso really got schooled there, and he is really really lucky to have a flawed rule to save his reputation. That is probably one of the most embarrasing situations a world champion can be in, to be caught napping first, then try to take the position back, and then claim he wasnt racing at all. Lets hope for Ferrari's sake he raises his game up after that move.

Yes, good stuff.

I am old: and love to remember my late father saying to me one day: "Do you know, I'm jolly glad that I have lived when I did." "Why?" I asked. "Because everything's horrible now" he replied.

It seems to me that the absurd regulations in F1 are a microcosm of the wider world - too much government, too many rules.

And in the case of the FIA it seems that not only are there too many but that also they are flawed.

Michael Schumacher's move (which in my view was entirely legal - 40.13 or no 40.13) for me serves as a reminder just how things could be if those in power came to their senses in time.

#1994 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:17

I have got this feeling that at his age the motor is starting with a little bit longer start time, but when it rolles,.. I assume f1 will be boring again. ( I fear_)

Doctor

#1995 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:38

what a non-discussion, illegal move, punishement, read it in the paper and the results, take it. It's there.

#1996 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:38

Have you heard the radio transcripts. No, thought not, but in the world of the MS lovers that does not matter.

#1997 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:39

It wasn't just the one corner, it was the obvious discussion/planning between the team as a whole and the mental and car preparation for at least half a lap before that corner - wasn't just a gut/on the spot thing but the whole process of the machine that realized all his previous success.

:up: Preparation meets opportunity, just like Michael at Nuburgring 1995, laying rubber down on the previous laps on the corner he would overtake Alesi, he is very clever as Jenson Button said after Spain.

Schumacher is clever-Button
http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8678940.stm

And Michael's previous race at Spain
Niki Lauder Speaks:
http://formula-one.s...rca-not-boring/

"This was Michael's resurrection. He drove well and aggressively."

Johnny Herbert speaks
http://www.thenation...late=columnists

Michael Schumacher was penalised for his pass on Fernando Alonso on the final corner for sixth position as the safety car came in on the last lap, but it did show that he has lost none of his racing instinct.

He and Mercedes are not going to win the championship on current form as they are behind the likes of Red Bull-Renault on raw speed and yes, the move lost him at least six points as he would have finished seventh if he had stayed where he was. But he has shown he has still got that hunger to finish as high as he can in every race.

He is continuing to improve after his slow start to the season and he was very well matched against Nico Rosberg, his teammate, and just had the edge on him in the race until the late drama.

Spain and Monaco back back replies for the rubbish written after China. Good for f1, good for Michael, bad for those who spoke too soon about him even when I warned them.
Michael has fouight against Button, Alonso and the FIA rules themselfs in the last 2 races, not bad at all.

ENJOY :smoking: :stoned:

Edited by SeanValen, 18 May 2010 - 22:44.

#1998 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:42

considering Schu hold his own vs Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost very well, in the early 90s, who are 100 times better than Alonso and Lewis, yes, I'd think he would beat Alonso and Lewis rather easily in his prime.

His record from 1991-93 was abysmal. In the 38 races against Prost and Senna, he won 2 times had no poles and no WDC. 2 wins from his 91 wins were against Prost and Senna, wow what a record. He built up his hollow stats in the May 1994-2004 clown years against grandad Hill, Villeneuve and coulthard.

#1999 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:53

Well, for me, that one move on Fernando Alonso, showed to me why Michael Schumacher is regarded as the greatest of all time. I dont think anyone expected him to pull off such a ballsy move, which I think was perfectly legal.....

It was amazing that Schumacher passed Alonso, after Alonso had been radioed that overtaking would result in a penalty. What an amazing overtake by Michael.

I agree, what a great driver Michael Schumacher is. The move he did on Alonso was the most ballsy move I have seen in a long time. It shows why Michael is regarded as the greatest of all time.

Edited by aditya-now, 18 May 2010 - 23:05.

Advertisement

#2000 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 22:53

His record from 1991-93 was abysmal. In the 38 races against Prost and Senna, he won 2 times had no poles and no WDC. 2 wins from his 91 wins were against Prost and Senna, wow what a record. He built up his hollow stats in the May 1994-2004 clown years against grandad Hill, Villeneuve and coulthard.

Stats don't tell all, you left things out like Michael was leading Monaco, dnf'd which allowed Senna to win in 93.

Nigel Mansell's Williams advantage left 1992 well alone for others. 1993 Williams again left alot of prizes away from others.

1991 was towards the end of the season Spa, 1992 Spain, Schumi held his own in the rain, Senna spun out-no one's perfect all the time. All in all 1992 was his first f1 rookie season full season done under the dominant williams mansell season, no doubt he was learning still and far from the complete package, but to get success wins and credited performances from Spa, Monaco and Spain, drivers tracks is pretty much what you would ask for from a rising star. Given all those big names.

"Watch Schumacher, he'll be my greatest threat." Senna knew very earlier on and admitted to Berger that Schumacher would be something special. Senna was known to watch Schumacher cornering, Senna was clever as well, these are his rivals, he knew Michael was the up and coming next threat, are you going to argue with Senna and Berger on that. :stoned:

Schumacher was coming into his own come 1993, and then in 1994 we were robbed of Senna, and even Michael admitted Ayrton was no 1, and Hill was a no 2 driver in a no 1 team, but that doesn't stop how Schumacher went about his business in 1995, that benetton was very sharp to drive, and he won the title with races to spare, even Hill clapped him after one race, and then years later Hill actually admitted he was lucky Schumacher went to ferrari's broken team in 1996, otherwise it's likely Hill wouldn't of won any title, Michael going to ferrari was the best thing to happen to f1 after Senna died, because if you put Michael in a dominant car he will finish the season 2 fast like he did in 2002, miichael going to ferrari, made 96/97/98/99/2000 a whole lot harder for him, but that's the challenge he wanted, because the drives he did in those seasons, alot of them mean more then the titles he has now, the process of building up a team, scaping for points, getting there, hunting for wins rather then people expecting wins, is one of the things he enjoys, ferrari were not expected to win in 96.97/98 especially, ironically some of his greatest drives are in those seasons, makes sense??? the same for Jacques as well, 1997 was Jacques title to win, the fact it went down to the wire was just testament to Schumacher's maxmisation and consistency throughout a season.

94/95/2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/ these were the seasons were earlier on it seemed like MS was considered to be in the hunt for the title, saying that 94 and FIA penalities made it more difficult, benetton in 95 was not ideal, didn't stop him, the mclaren of 2000 and hakkinen was strong enough to take points off him and make it difficult, ferrari suffered with tyre wear up until monza 2000, it wasn't a easy season. in 2003, the FIA decided to change the rules to slow MS and Ferrari down, too good for f1, we had one lap qualifying, were 2 sessions were done, first session championship leader FORCED TO COME OUT FIRST, when the track had less grip, does that seem fair? 2003 was designed to trip ferrari and MS up, and it almost did, he still prevailed.

2006, following 2005, many people didn't think MS would challenge for a title after 2005, but he didn't take a holiday that winter, stayed there, pushed the team, asked about why certain staff had gone, suddenly new staff came in, and came back from mclaren, after MS made a rant, and in 2006, he was challenging for wins again, now renault in 2006 didn't even use their practice sessions at times, their car was easier to dial in, ferrari on the otherhand had to work harder to make their tyres work, observe Imola 2006, Schuey's tyre problems in the race, he still went on to get those inlaps to outflank Alonso when many expected Alonso to win, even Renault's Pat Symonds, a man Schumacher has worked with at Benetton said Schumacher's inlaps were fantastic.

Edited by SeanValen, 18 May 2010 - 23:34.