Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks for the always cool pics Ivan

I expect MS to be seeing red this weekend...

Advertisement

#20102 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 22:15

So you are looking forward to see MS win a lottery race???
I thought you guys want to see drivers win by being able to push to the limit and not by a lottery?

You imisunderstood my post.
I don't want to see a lottery race, I don't like how Pirelli have changed and how a lack of testing means races suffer because of lack of tyre experence. And temperature related tyres are the worsed. I was just saying we've had a few of those already this season, and it creates a mess where alot of good drivers might not get he results due to them.

Hopefully it won't be too much of a issue as the season goes along.

Edited by SeanValen, 21 May 2012 - 22:17.

#20103 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 23:15

I think that remark is lost on people who consider Schumacher unbeaten record as a thorn in their side. They prefer to read this as it suits them. You can't beat him in records, thus you smuge his reputation. It's a shame.

The great record of Michael Schumacher up to his retirement in 2006 is somehow read into his CAREER MkII to give him some kind of rites of passage. Michael who can do know wrong for some people who fail to believe in the old adage "you're only as good as your last race" - this term should be used with some license - and keep harking back to a Michael Schumacher very different to this one in the 2010s. Massa is an example of a driver who is not a shadow of his earlier self and should be replaced some time soon. Schumacher has been cast as much slack as anyone and for two seasons he was trounced nearly every weekend by his teammate. Fortunately for him in 2012 he has continued the upswing in performance that became evident late in 2011 and he is now producing a level which has in recent weeks been on par with Rosberg if we take the China win out of the equation as "extraordinary".

I spent some effort over the last two years watching someone who made a mockery of his great record in the sport and hearing "fans" saying they would be happy to see him even if he wasn't performing well. This I find as illogical as Rossi fans celebrating Stoner's retirement from MotoGP. Racing is racing, hero worship is something different. Hero worship knows little of rationality; I have for a long time had a belief that Nico Rosberg would one day prove the faith that many had in his talent and become a race winner and champion. I must confess that despite the China win I am now struggling to believe he is truly top shelf.

Talk of a 44 year old Schumacher joining Vettel in 2013 made me chuckle, Michael makes too many errors and lacks raw pace to be put in the top league with all the great drivers in F1 today. You can tidy up a fast, young, ragged driver, but you can't put more speed into an old, slow driver. Paul diResta would be a good replacement for Mercedes.

Regards, "smudging (sic) his reputation" Michael has done that on his own. Senna did it to himself. We don't see such rubbish from many drivers pre 1990s and thankfully it hasn't grown in frequency too much.

Edited by Muz Bee, 21 May 2012 - 23:35.

#20104 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 00:06

and for two seasons he was trounced nearly every weekend by his teammate. Fortunately for him in 2012 he has continued the upswing in performance that became evident late in 2011 and he is now producing a level which has in recent weeks been on par with Rosberg if we take the China win out of the equation as "extraordinary".

I spent some effort over the last two years watching someone who made a mockery of his great record in the sport and hearing "fans" saying they would be happy to see him even if he wasn't performing well. This I find as illogical as Rossi fans celebrating Stoner's retirement from MotoGP. Racing is racing, hero worship is something different. Hero worship knows little of rationality; I have for a long time had a belief that Nico Rosberg would one day prove the faith that many had in his talent and become a race winner and champion. I must confess that despite the China win I am now struggling to believe he is truly top shelf.

Talk of a 44 year old Schumacher joining Vettel in 2013 made me chuckle, Michael makes too many errors and lacks raw pace to be put in the top league with all the great drivers in F1 today. You can tidy up a fast, young, ragged driver, but you can't put more speed into an old, slow driver. Paul diResta would be a good replacement for Mercedes.

Regards, "smudging (sic) his reputation" Michael has done that on his own. Senna did it to himself. We don't see such rubbish from many drivers pre 1990s and thankfully it hasn't grown in frequency too much.

Actually, Schumacher hasnt been error free in his entire career. Roebuck and Stewart often said Schumacher makes too many mistakes to be considered top driver. Then he started winning 7 championships and they shut up.

It just goes up and down. This years hes doing fine against rosberg, despite schumacher driving at 80% according to mark hughes. Its not a difference of night and day like massa and alonso. And Merc apparently lets him decide what he wants to do. Rightfully so imo. Roll on Monaco.

#20105 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 00:33

Actually, Schumacher hasnt been error free in his entire career. Roebuck and Stewart often said Schumacher makes too many mistakes to be considered top driver. Then he started winning 7 championships and they shut up.

It just goes up and down. This years hes doing fine against rosberg, despite schumacher driving at 80% according to mark hughes. Its not a difference of night and day like massa and alonso. And Merc apparently lets him decide what he wants to do. Rightfully so imo. Roll on Monaco.

:up:
Schumacher riskes alot in his driving, if you saw Spa 1998 and compare to Canada 2011, both wet effected GPS, Martin Brundle commenting "Schumacher getting right up on the kerbs", Brundle said the same of Schumi at Canada 2011, I think that's when Schumacher is really interesting to watch, because his will and determination of a result is injected into the laptimes and driving, searching for those extra centermetres of the racing line/grip. Sometimes when Schumacher is sensing a result/or inspired to make certain time up-Huingary 98 laptimes, he's provided something to races we don't quite get the same from others, true hard edge grit.

When he pulls it off, you can see why he's won so muich, and when he doesnt, you know he still risking and putting it out there. Schumacher did get the highest placed finishes in 2011 for mercedes because of these risks. These rules are not probabley the best for him in my view, because were not seeing the true Schumacher who wants to push, the tyre characteistics might not always help out. If the 2011 Mercedes was a faster car, I would of prefered it if pirelli kept the compounds of last year, so we can see Schumacher attack more, his race from the back at bahrain was very good, but I think we were robbed of a bit more aggression due to tyre worries, yence the reason he came out dissing the tyres, something he feels strongly about and heavily discussed in forums already.

Edited by SeanValen, 22 May 2012 - 00:35.

#20106 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:54

The great record of Michael Schumacher up to his retirement in 2006 is somehow read into his CAREER MkII to give him some kind of rites of passage. Michael who can do know wrong for some people who fail to believe in the old adage "you're only as good as your last race" - this term should be used with some license - and keep harking back to a Michael Schumacher very different to this one in the 2010s. Massa is an example of a driver who is not a shadow of his earlier self and should be replaced some time soon. Schumacher has been cast as much slack as anyone and for two seasons he was trounced nearly every weekend by his teammate. Fortunately for him in 2012 he has continued the upswing in performance that became evident late in 2011 and he is now producing a level which has in recent weeks been on par with Rosberg if we take the China win out of the equation as "extraordinary".

Michael is a man who lives at the edge who never stopped pushing boundaries where others back off. He goes out while exploring new possibilities, paving the way, and surprisingly not everything works well all the time. It is his signature, and that’s where men and boys are separated. One could learn, as I did, to appreciate that, instead bark on it.
Reality settles in, that not everyone in the current flock of drivers carries burden of being a multiple champion who works with a crew in development, facing new rules, new equipment, and also new techniques. I do not expect that all people will understand complexity of it, but I am trying to. For me he is unique in history of F1 racing, standing alone, unequaled and unchallenged. I enjoy his time with us, and I am grateful for it.

#20107 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:18

Schumacher riskes alot in his driving, if you saw Spa 1998 and compare to Canada 2011, both wet effected GPS, Martin Brundle commenting "Schumacher getting right up on the kerbs", Brundle said the same of Schumi at Canada 2011, I think that's when Schumacher is really interesting to watch, because his will and determination of a result is injected into the laptimes and driving, searching for those extra centermetres of the racing line/grip. Sometimes when Schumacher is sensing a result/or inspired to make certain time up-Huingary 98 laptimes, he's provided something to races we don't quite get the same from others, true hard edge grit.

When he pulls it off, you can see why he's won so muich, and when he doesnt, you know he still risking and putting it out there. Schumacher did get the highest placed finishes in 2011 for mercedes because of these risks. These rules are not probabley the best for him in my view, because were not seeing the true Schumacher who wants to push, the tyre characteistics might not always help out. If the 2011 Mercedes was a faster car, I would of prefered it if pirelli kept the compounds of last year, so we can see Schumacher attack more, his race from the back at bahrain was very good, but I think we were robbed of a bit more aggression due to tyre worries, yence the reason he came out dissing the tyres, something he feels strongly about and heavily discussed in forums already.

#20108 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,231 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:41

Yes but you have believed for many years that Michael should get a race ban for variously being Michael, his chin, looking at you funny, beating xyz driver, existing etc etc.

A race ban for that would have been not only excessive but completely outrageous. You don't even have to look back a year to see much much worse moves from annoyed drivers, including the supposed victim in this case.

I agree I have certainly believed he should have been banned in the past. Anyone who deliberately drives into another doesn't deserve to be on the race track. The rest of your sentence is just the usual childish nonsense.

If there have been worse moves in the past then it just shows the authorities are not doing a good enough job in clamping down on it. Harsh punishment would soon put an end to it, and in this case I personally think it would be deserved.

#20109 baddog

baddog

• 23,332 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:02

I agree I have certainly believed he should have been banned in the past. Anyone who deliberately drives into another doesn't deserve to be on the race track. The rest of your sentence is just the usual childish nonsense.

If there have been worse moves in the past then it just shows the authorities are not doing a good enough job in clamping down on it. Harsh punishment would soon put an end to it, and in this case I personally think it would be deserved.

Sure, but I doubt any of us would enjoy your sugar-coated F1 of people pretending to have no emotions. ALL drivers worth a damn have expressed these things in similiar, harmless, ways.

#20110 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:06

Sure, but I doubt any of us would enjoy your sugar-coated F1 of people pretending to have no emotions. ALL drivers worth a damn have expressed these things in similiar, harmless, ways.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

They'd not only be people pretending to have emotions, but they'd be distracted by the huge haemorrhoids and ulcers that they'd develop in the process. :D

Edited by ali_M, 22 May 2012 - 11:08.

#20111 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:08

Tell you what pisses me off, i know this guy who every time i see him he goes on about Schumacher wasting a F1 seat, stopping some young drivers coming through etc. This really annoys me because he then says how Schumacher has been terrible this year and said that if Massa has the knives out for him for only getting 2 points, so should Schumi after being embarrassed by Rosberg. This guys been watching F1 for over 30 years, and i sometimes wonder to myself, what races are these people watching? I mean, Schuamcher this year has has such bad luck that its unreal, i mean the DNF that come from the car not him, ok he makes 1 mistake for hitting Senna, that was silly, but he was pushing, maximum attack as he knew his rubber was not to be wasted.

How many other athletes could operate at his level, at his age? not many i would say! i dont know why people cant just appreciate that a legend is still competitive and actually a honor to still be able to watch. He wont be around on track forever, and im just glad we still get to watch him. Not many drivers could cause such discussions, so i guess its true about the tallest tree.

#20112 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:12

Tell you what pisses me off, i know this guy who every time i see him he goes on about Schumacher wasting a F1 seat, stopping some young drivers coming through etc. This really annoys me because he then says how Schumacher has been terrible this year and said that if Massa has the knives out for him for only getting 2 points, so should Schumi after being embarrassed by Rosberg. This guys been watching F1 for over 30 years, and i sometimes wonder to myself, what races are these people watching? I mean, Schuamcher this year has has such bad luck that its unreal, i mean the DNF that come from the car not him, ok he makes 1 mistake for hitting Senna, that was silly, but he was pushing, maximum attack as he knew his rubber was not to be wasted.

How many other athletes could operate at his level, at his age? not many i would say! i dont know why people cant just appreciate that a legend is still competitive and actually a honor to still be able to watch. He wont be around on track forever, and im just glad we still get to watch him. Not many drivers could cause such discussions, so i guess its true about the tallest tree.

It's all about the different perspectives that we see the world and Schumi through. It's food for thought that they may well look at your own perspective with similar frustration. There's room for the differences in so long as we don't fight too much over it. :p

Edited by ali_M, 22 May 2012 - 11:13.

#20113 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:17

I know what you mean, he gets aggressive over it, and i think because i dont, it gets him more mad hah

#20114 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,231 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:31

Thats fine, but I personally believe there was a clear and obvious danger in his actions. The stewards decided that a reprimand was enough, personally I think a sterner punishment would not have been out of order.

#20115 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:54

Great onboard of Schumacher quali Monaco 2011!
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
:smoking:

#20116 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:08

A race ban for that would have been not only excessive but completely outrageous. You don't even have to look back a year to see much much worse moves from annoyed drivers, including the supposed victim in this case.

The only other time I have seen someone cut a circuit to "get their own back" on another driver for a perceived wrong was discussed in this thread: http://forums.autosp...w...&hl=revenge

#20117 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:30

The only other time I have seen someone cut a circuit to "get their own back" on another driver for a perceived wrong was discussed in this thread: http://forums.autosp...w...&hl=revenge

Probably not the first time one driver tries to get back at another though.

#20118 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:44

Probably not the first time one driver tries to get back at another though.

Additionally, we assume that we hear or are made aware of all of them. Schumi is more under the microscope than the majority of the grid. There are so many who love 'taking a piece' out of him in order to diminish him because they resent his presence in F1 now. Once he does something wrong, it's way overblown. Once he does something positive, efforts are made to diminish the value of it. On the one hand you're hearing that he has not earned his place in F1 today on merit, but instead, because of his record. Yet, those same voices are first to condemn him for anything he does now because he's the most experienced and most accomplished. A convenient double-standard, isn't it? :smoking:

#20119 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 13:29

There are so many who love 'taking a piece' out of him in order to diminish him because they resent his presence in F1 now.

I was a massive Schumacher fan back during his first career (check out some of my oldest posts and you'll see me defending him hammer and tongues) and remain a fan to this day (albeit he's second in my affections now - his fault for leaving :p ). I think that whilst he is not the driver he once was, he is performing at a standard that deserves an F1 seat (ie he's at least an average F1 driver today) and that at age 43 that is an incredible achievement that, to me, only adds to his status as one of the greatest in the sport.

I think what he did in FP was a dumb move. I'm sure others have pulled a move that was motivated (at least in part) by a desire to "get revenge". Those people at least have the benefit of plausible deniability. The second you cut the circuit to pull the move you go from "benefit of the doubt" to "it is completely inarguable that I am doing anything other than retaliating". IMO he got off very light for that one.

Advertisement

#20120 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 13:48

I was a massive Schumacher fan back during his first career (check out some of my oldest posts and you'll see me defending him hammer and tongues) and remain a fan to this day (albeit he's second in my affections now - his fault for leaving :p ). I think that whilst he is not the driver he once was, he is performing at a standard that deserves an F1 seat (ie he's at least an average F1 driver today) and that at age 43 that is an incredible achievement that, to me, only adds to his status as one of the greatest in the sport.

I think what he did in FP was a dumb move. I'm sure others have pulled a move that was motivated (at least in part) by a desire to "get revenge". Those people at least have the benefit of plausible deniability. The second you cut the circuit to pull the move you go from "benefit of the doubt" to "it is completely inarguable that I am doing anything other than retaliating". IMO he got off very light for that one.

Yes but retaliating for an earlier action on him should be a mitigating factor. What exactly did Lewis do to make Schumacher so upset?

Me, i was much more angry about his customary start line chops on rivals. Shoving Alonso off track at 300kmh on hangar straight. That oughta got punished. This was not as dangerous by a long shot.

#20121 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 13:52

We all do dumb things at some point. We're lucky to not have a camera showing all of them. I doubt there's a single person here who disagrees that what he did was dumb and driven by emotion. I don't know who here hasn't found him or herself apologising after DUMB behaviour in the heat of the moment. Nothing happened as a result of what Schumi did and there wasn't a reasonable amount of risk in what he did that something could have happened. The stewards are right on with finishing it off with a reprimand. No one mature and responsible will heavily penalise Michael for what he did there. Too much judgmental slur around here. I'm 44 and can be very emotional myself, testosterone laced and all. We all know about road rage and boy, have I done some obstructing when I felt I was hard done in traffic. Some may call it childish, but boy, oh boy, did I find it satisfying at the time.

So you and others here wouldn't do a thing like that under similar circumstances. Fine... more power to you, and salutations to you all. :wave: I can only breath a sigh of relief that the judicial system doesn't find people guilty of things that never happened, of things that didn't have reasonable risk of happening and of behaving childishly in a fit of emotion.

I'd give it a rest.... really. :smoking:

Edited by ali_M, 22 May 2012 - 13:56.

#20122 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 14:03

Rossi however says that he still believes he can challenge at the front, and was therefore pleased to seize the opportunity presented to him by a wet Le Mans circuit.

"I've heard many things about me lately, [and] honestly it pissed me off," Rossi told Gazzetta dello Sport. "It's as if I'm old at 33, but I'm not. I feel in shape and I've had the chance to demonstrate it."

The seven-time champion added that triumphing over Casey Stoner during the pair's late battle in France was almost more rewarding than securing his best ever finish for Ducati.

Schumi deserves a similar break and I hope that he gets one soon.

He got it in Canada last year, but the critics are so rabid that it will take a lot more than a one-off to get them silenced. :smoking:

#20123 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,960 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 16:20

Schumi deserves a similar break and I hope that he gets one soon.

He got it in Canada last year, but the critics are so rabid that it will take a lot more than a one-off to get them silenced. :smoking:

The critics are so rabid because he kicked arse from 1991-2006 regularly, consistently and at the highest level. They've had do wait until he turned into an old man with equipement that doesn't work half the time, poor judgement and pitstop errors to turn around and say "haha, I told you that he was no good....remember 1994 and 1997???? REMEMBER!!!! REMEMBER!!!! DO YOU REMEMBER????!!!!"

This is their day in the sun, let them enjoy it.

#20124 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 18:10

The critics are so rabid because he kicked arse from 1991-2006 regularly, consistently and at the highest level. They've had do wait until he turned into an old man with equipement that doesn't work half the time, poor judgement and pitstop errors to turn around and say "haha, I told you that he was no good....remember 1994 and 1997???? REMEMBER!!!! REMEMBER!!!! DO YOU REMEMBER????!!!!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
What makes it so funny, for me anyway, is that you're perfectly correct.

#20125 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,644 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 19:57

Absolutely nail bang on the head. Its simply impossible to go a whole page of talking about MS without being reminded that he only ever competed in 4 races.

All those involved seem to have moved on, I have no clue what generates the level of bitterness we see on here.

Anyway, moving on I don't think a good result is on the cards in Monaco, but I'm really hoping a strong drive is, thats what really matters. It will be his last time round there, I really hope he can show his stuff!

#20126 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,777 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 19:58

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
What makes it so funny, for me anyway, is that you're perfectly correct.

What makes it even funnier is that 9 times out of 10 it's the Schumacher fan base that openly throws down the gauntlet. And some of us talk about lost credibility here.....

#20127 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,644 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 20:02

Compleltely agree with all the above.

I would add though - this is a big boys sport, and I think a lot of this sort of thing goes on. I remember Hamilton and Maldonado last year.

Drivers get frustrated, I'm sure everyone involved was well moved on from this by Q1. Its just TV pundits (justifying being on air) and the message boards who blow these incidents out of proportion.

Edited by spacekid, 22 May 2012 - 21:13.

#20128 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 21:25

What are you're hopes for the race weekend? Hopefully Michael has a good qualifying and can get a position between three and five that he can in start in the top ten. Podium finish is only a dream - hard but true. When has a good start perhaps he can go for a different strategy. Maybe one stop less than the others to protect his position till the end with the knife between his teeth. I would love to see that fight. But no it's Mercedes they will screw it up again :rotfl:

#20129 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 00:59

What makes it even funnier is that 9 times out of 10 it's the Schumacher fan base that openly throws down the gauntlet. And some of us talk about lost credibility here.....

Your persistence with this negative speak is quite something. The fans need their alter-egos though. Maintains the balance.

Your opinions are most appreciated. Credibility issues notwithstanding. :kiss:

#20130 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:00

What are you're hopes for the race weekend? Hopefully Michael has a good qualifying and can get a position between three and five that he can in start in the top ten. Podium finish is only a dream - hard but true. When has a good start perhaps he can go for a different strategy. Maybe one stop less than the others to protect his position till the end with the knife between his teeth. I would love to see that fight. But no it's Mercedes they will screw it up again :rotfl:

I'm mentally numb where expectations are concerned. Let's just see what happens and be, as usual, prepared for the worst.

#20131 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:48

The thing about Monaco, is , it is a lottery to some extent i think this year it might be a cracker, can you imagine, the leader is out front, tyres shot to bits, the pack catches him, it will be Senna Mansel stuff!

I think Schumi will have a good race, with the 5 place penalty i would expect him to maybe 8-10 on the grid, not the best place to start, but with if the luck which has deserted him this year returns, who knows?!

Personally i think Kimi will win it.

#20132 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:54

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Kissing a Princess. I guess she like "younger" boys. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ooh, man. There will be some conversations at home.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Match finish 2:2. MS played 90 minutes.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ivand911, 23 May 2012 - 13:56.

#20133 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:57

Starting within the top 10 should be the goal for Sunday.

#20134 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 00:01

Posted Image

Petrov seems like: "There is no such thing as football in Russia. I don't wanna play it"
and Schumi seems like : "Come on Vitaly, we can win it"
:p
Perez seems to be supporting Schumi's attitude while Massa also seems uninterested in the game.

On another note, anybody interested in purchaising one of this:
http://sniffpetrol.s...w.aspx?pid=4522

:p

#20135 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:09

I'm most likely gonna miss the rest of the season. No cable, TV, and internet for me in the next few months starting tomorrow.

I wanna wish good luck to Michael. I still believe he will have a race or 2 wherein he'll get a podium or heck, even a win. It's a shame I won't be able to witness it but I would be happy for other MS fans as well. I hope by the time I come back, I hear some good news.

See you soon guys! :)

#20136 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:19

I'm most likely gonna miss the rest of the season. No cable, TV, and internet for me in the next few months starting tomorrow.

I wanna wish good luck to Michael. I still believe he will have a race or 2 wherein he'll get a podium or heck, even a win. It's a shame I won't be able to witness it but I would be happy for other MS fans as well. I hope by the time I come back, I hear some good news.

See you soon guys! :)

Friends of Schumacher are always welcomed in here. Hopefully you will be back soon; we need every hand we can get lately. :)

#20137 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:51

I'm pretty sure if any other driver, at some point in the previous races had done anything remotely similar to what Shumacher did to Hamilton, people would be calling for their heads instead of spinning it as "just a little bit of frustration" and "media just looking for ratings".

#20138 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:23

I'm pretty sure if any other driver, at some point in the previous races had done anything remotely similar to what Shumacher did to Hamilton, people would be calling for their heads instead of spinning it as "just a little bit of frustration" and "media just looking for ratings".

Nice try.... :smoking:

#20139 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,307 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 16:26

Was good to hear Jerome on the sky commentary today say the accident with senna did not deserve a grid penalty, and Senna moved in the breaking zone. Nice to hear at least one fellow driver agreeing with MSC

Advertisement

#20140 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,644 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:39

I'm pretty sure if Ricciardo had done that to Di Resta no one would have given a damn.

#20141 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,578 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:46

I'm pretty sure if Ricciardo had done that to Di Resta no one would have given a damn.

Good comeback and a very valid point! It doesn't escape the fact that it was dodgy behaviour from Schumi though...

#20142 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 18:02

I think we should forget about top 10 on grid to the race...car is just not competitive..

#20143 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,644 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 18:10

Good comeback and a very valid point! It doesn't escape the fact that it was dodgy behaviour from Schumi though...

Oh absolutely not. Sometimes he can be a bit of a tool. No one is perfect, we all get frustrated and do stupid things sometimes.

#20144 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,578 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 18:18

Oh absolutely not. Sometimes he can be a bit of a tool. No one is perfect, we all get frustrated and do stupid things sometimes.

Yep, agreed. :up:

#20145 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 18:29

And I'm pretty sure if Maldonado had done that to Hamilton or Schumacher, people would be asking to give him a lifetime ban from all forms of racing.

#20146 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,645 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 18:35

And I'm pretty sure if Maldonado had done that to Hamilton or Schumacher, people would be asking to give him a lifetime ban from all forms of racing.

you're seriously wrong, not that it matters. Most of us would laugh our behinds off. As did LH, most possibly.

#20147 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,481 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 19:30

Starting within the top 10 should be the goal for Sunday.

That's very ambitious. I think row six or seven is realistic, but if he can pull off a one-stopper from there, he should and could have a very, very good race!

#20148 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,980 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 20:51

Friends of Schumacher are always welcomed in here. Hopefully you will be back soon; we need every hand we can get lately. :)

That sounds already desperate, Sakae  ;)

Defending the indefensible.....

Anyway, we love you Schumacher fans here on the BB, like Michael you had added a lot to the sport in the last 21 years....

#20149 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,980 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 20:57

Was good to hear Jerome on the sky commentary today say the accident with senna did not deserve a grid penalty, and Senna moved in the breaking zone. Nice to hear at least one fellow driver agreeing with MSC

At least one fellow driver agrees with MSC...what's up with the others?

#20150 jbarokF1

jbarokF1

• 204 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 21:14

Unfortunately, he was not one of the stewards...

But personally, I think I would have just given MS a warning instead of grid penalty..