Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#20551 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:20

whats with this f**king sky sports..they are just chatting and f**cking around...I WANT TO HEARD FROM THE DRIVERS!! WHO IS INTERESTED IN WATCHING HOW BRUNDLE IS SWIMMING IN THE SWIMMING POOL FOOLS!

Advertisement

#20552 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:20

http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php
http://www.fia.com/e...ace-history.pdf

Thank you  ;)

Since Kimi pit, Schumi was even faster than Webber for most part.

Fantastic pace

#20553 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,856 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:25

If the BAR-Mercedes not such a lame band as they are, Schumi could be the top of the WDC standings (70-80 points).

I agree with this; he would be looking at possible World Championship fight.

#20554 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:26

Definitely not, he had every right to be there with Alonso and Grosjean close to each other. But went Grosjean went all the way over to Schumacher, contact was inevitable. It was a wonder it cost him so little.

I understand Alonso was dreadlocked behind Lewis and bumped Groo over Schumy, but the footage is not 100% clear.

#20555 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,109 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:30

whats with this f**king sky sports..they are just chatting and f**cking around...I WANT TO HEARD FROM THE DRIVERS!! WHO IS INTERESTED IN WATCHING HOW BRUNDLE IS SWIMMING IN THE SWIMMING POOL FOOLS!

All of the interviews will be on the website, as well as the BBC ones. Chillax.

#20556 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,812 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:35

At the start of the season when Michael retired I wasn't so disappointed. "At least he has pace" I said. Then as the season went on I got more and more annoyed as one thing after another just went wrong for him and I knew time was running out for me to see the old Michael again.

But now, since Spain and now Monaco...I'm back in the ambivalent stage. I don't much care any more as you just know SOMETHING will go wrong. Something to ruin it all.

#20557 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,508 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:42

At the start of the season when Michael retired I wasn't so disappointed. "At least he has pace" I said. Then as the season went on I got more and more annoyed as one thing after another just went wrong for him and I knew time was running out for me to see the old Michael again.

But now, since Spain and now Monaco...I'm back in the ambivalent stage. I don't much care any more as you just know SOMETHING will go wrong. Something to ruin it all.

I can't help but agree. It has got to that point now. You know something is going to go wrong. why?, because it normally does. Reliability has been so good in F1 for 2 years, Yet Schumacher can barely complete a race distance and 75% of that is because of the team. The other 15% is admittedly through his own errors

Edited by Massa_f1, 27 May 2012 - 15:42.

#20558 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:43

You think Mercedes may gave him a reliable car?

I'm counting on a Mercedes mistake, accidentally giving him Rosbergs car...

#20559 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 1,295 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:47

Just wondering, and haven't found a mention in the other threads on this- Was the gearbox problem possibly caused by a jarring from the contact at the start? Not that it's any consolation, but at least I'd like to think that Mercedes didn't fail him yet again by giving him a car that was inevitably going to retire. Imagine if he'd not had the penalty, started from pole, and retired from the lead late in the race... I'd be absolutely gutted.

Advertisement

#20560 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:49

Just knew something like this was gonna happen. Michael fought like a lion though, with sensible approach, daring tactics, much later pitstops and fighting hard. Any reason why his car broke down.

The good thing is Mercedes publicly backs him, publicly sayhe should go on after this year, and next race, a total Merc track, no penalties anymore.

Canada will bring winner number 7. Michael Schumacher.

#20561 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:51

I know what you mean.

However, I am relaxed as I have tickets for Silverstone (my first ever F1 race live after 22 years of watching!) and strongly believe Michael will have a great weekend there. All the signs - except reliability which must surely improve - look good.

#20562 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,508 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:53

Just knew something like this was gonna happen. Michael fought like a lion though, with sensible approach, daring tactics, much later pitstops and fighting hard. Any reason why his car broke down.

The good thing is Mercedes publicly backs him, publicly sayhe should go on after this year, and next race, a total Merc track, no penalties anymore.

Mercedes were not backing him before this weekend though. The likes of Nick Fry saying he must improve. Which i thought was a bit of cheek considering the amount of points the team has lost him this year.

#20563 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:56

:up:
My thoughts exactly, this is starting to get rediculas.
Looking at the racepace he could have won today whitout the penalty.
I'm hoping MS keeps his cool and doesn't throw in the towel at the end of the year.

But even if Montreal suits the merc like no other. There is the unpredictable factor in the tire that can spoil the party.
Let's hope for a trouble free weekend, nobody deserves this more than MS at the moment

#20564 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:57

Mercedes were not backing him before this weekend though. The likes of Nick Fry saying he must improve. Which i thought was a bit of cheek considering the amount of points the team has lost him this year.

Fry never said that, please post a source.

#20565 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,752 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:48

Insane how much time he lost behind Kimi.

#20566 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:52

Insane how much time he lost behind Kimi.

Yep. Lotus pitwall was as dumb as it gets though.

#20567 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:58

100% Grosjean's fault in that incident. Not because he slammed into Schuey, but because he slammed into Alonso (which inevitably caused him to slam into Schuey).

#20568 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,129 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 17:01

100% Grosjean's fault in that incident. Not because he slammed into Schuey, but because he slammed into Alonso (which inevitably caused him to slam into Schuey).

Looked to me that Alonso moved across into Grosjean.

#20569 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 17:32

Just wondering, and haven't found a mention in the other threads on this- Was the gearbox problem possibly caused by a jarring from the contact at the start? Not that it's any consolation, but at least I'd like to think that Mercedes didn't fail him yet again by giving him a car that was inevitably going to retire. Imagine if he'd not had the penalty, started from pole, and retired from the lead late in the race... I'd be absolutely gutted.

it was a fuel pump problem...

#20570 jomo99

jomo99

• 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 17:50

I seen the onboard from Alonso's car, and the gap was a lot smaller than his car, he's not compltetly blameless. Schumacher on the other hand was blameless

John

#20571 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 17:55

There is no need to look for culprits.

Alonso was easily in front of Romain and going faster, so he was entitled to move.

Grosjean was simply pushed wide.

Schumacher went as far as he could, only thing he could have done is lifted.

Racing incident. No one did anything stupid.

#20572 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 17:57

Now searching the blame for Alonso??? :lol:

#20573 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,129 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:03

There is no need to look for culprits.

Alonso was easily in front of Romain and going faster, so he was entitled to move.

Grosjean was simply pushed wide.

Schumacher went as far as he could, only thing he could have done is lifted.

Racing incident. No one did anything stupid.

If he was so easily in front, how did their front wheels manage to bang together?

#20574 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:04

What a disappointing race. Even after the start accident and some KR slowdown MS clearly had a great pace... only to have another DNF. Onto Canada! I'm sure Michael will shine there!

#20575 jomo99

jomo99

• 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:05

No, I just said he wasn't completely blameless, that's all.

Now searching the blame for Alonso??? :lol:

John

#20576 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:07

If he was so easily in front, how did their front wheels manage to bang together?

Alonso was nealy a car lenght in front, and going faster. He can push Romain wide if he wants.

#20577 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:08

Looked to me that Alonso moved across into Grosjean.

Video footage suggests otherwise.

And no, Schuey did not have "great pace". Yes, he was held up by Raikkonen. No, he wouldn't have caught or kept up with Rosberg if that hadn't happened.

Another race to forget. At least Massa did well.

Edited by Pamphlet, 27 May 2012 - 18:09.

#20578 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,129 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:12

Alonso was nealy a car lenght in front, and going faster. He can push Romain wide if he wants.

He can try, but if the other car is alongside they have no obligation to move out of the way and any resulting impact is the responsibility of the guy making the move

#20579 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:13

Wonder if the BBC is now man enough to run an article heading: Schumacher demands Mercedes improvement.;)

Advertisement

#20580 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,508 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:16

Nice to see Brawn admit Schumacher deserved better. I have been saying this since 2011. The team has let him down far to often.

#20581 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:17

And no, Schuey did not have "great pace". Yes, he was held up by Raikkonen. No, he wouldn't have caught or kept up with Rosberg if that hadn't happened.

Schumacher wouldv likely ended behind Massa, so that would be a good result, too.

He was 20 seconds behind P1 at lap 25, and 44 seconds behind at lap 37 because of Raikonen.

When his fuel problem occured that difference was down to less than 20 seconds again, due to great pace and excellent control. Anyone saying Schumacher had a bad race didnt pay attention.

Edited by TheBunk, 27 May 2012 - 18:18.

#20582 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 738 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:19

Yes he did, and no he wouldn't have caught Rosberg if not held up because Rosberg was several cars in front and it would have been nearly impossible for Schumacher to get past Massa let alone pass all the cars between himself and Rosberg.

#20583 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:20

Wonder if the BBC is now man enough to run an article heading: Schumacher demands Mercedes improvement.;)

Bunk, seriously, have you ever seen or heard MS make a negative comment on his team, or any of its members, or publicly demand anything?

#20584 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:20

He can try, but if the other car is alongside they have no obligation to move out of the way and any resulting impact is the responsibility of the guy making the move

No. If the other guy has room left to react and still go full throttle he´s just being a moron and causing an unnecesary incident. Schumacher showed the way to do it in Monaco 2004 start.

According to what you say, if Alonso hadn´t responded to Maldonado´s defense on Spain into turn 1 and had gone straight, the contact would be Maldonado´s fault, which is ridiculous. Maldonado was in front, and he was entitled to squeeze Alonso without pushing him off the track.

Edited by Skinnyguy, 27 May 2012 - 18:27.

#20585 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,508 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:33

As i have said in earlier posts. As daft as some of you may think it sounds. Someone at Mercedes does not want Michael there. There has been far to many gremlins on Schumacher's side of the garage.
To be honest i think its getting obvious the team want Di Resta there.

To me Mercedes and Schumacher do not fit.

#20586 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,129 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:38

No. If the other guy has room left to react and still go full throttle he´s just being a moron and causing an unnecesary incident. Schumacher showed the way to do it in Monaco 2004 start.

According to what you say, if Alonso hadn´t responded to Maldonado´s defense on Spain into turn 1 and had gone straight, the contact would be Maldonado´s fault, which is ridiculous. Maldonado was in front, and he was entitled to squeeze Alonso without pushing him off the track.

Disagree. The incident is down to the one making the move, they have to make sure they are clear before trying to occupy a piece of road already occupied by another car.

#20587 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:44

Disagree. The incident is down to the one making the move, they have to make sure they are clear before trying to occupy a piece of road already occupied by another car.

Well you´re entitled to your opinion on how racing etiquette should be, but I´m afraid that watching F1 racing shows that it´s working the other way around: it´s accepted that the guy with the nose in front pushes the guy behind wide providing he leaves room for him to stay full throttle and doesn´t push him off the track.

#20588 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,508 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:44

Schumacher wouldv likely ended behind Massa, so that would be a good result, too.

He was 20 seconds behind P1 at lap 25, and 44 seconds behind at lap 37 because of Raikonen.

When his fuel problem occured that difference was down to less than 20 seconds again, due to great pace and excellent control. Anyone saying Schumacher had a bad race didnt pay attention.

More like anyone who is saying he had a bad race wanted him to have one. I had the live laptimes up and once he was free off Kimi he was lapping on the leaders pace. He would of finished in 7th (higher if you could pass on this track) if not for Mercedes.

#20589 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,129 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:58

Well you´re entitled to your opinion on how racing etiquette should be, but I´m afraid that watching F1 racing shows that it´s working the other way around: it´s accepted that the guy with the nose in front pushes the guy behind wide providing he leaves room for him to stay full throttle and doesn´t push him off the track.

But it's OK to push him into another car then?

#20590 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:03

And ,yes his pace was very good:
http://en.mclarenf-1.....=Nico Rosberg
From 1:23.9 to 1:19.2 is big improvement after Kimi pit. The problem is he catch Lewis 3 laps after and he slow him down ,so he pit. After that his pace was similar to Rosberg/frontrunners. Fastest lap from both.

Edited by ivand911, 27 May 2012 - 19:32.

#20591 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:03

There was enough room between ALO and MSC to stay in full throttle. Without contact, and Gro getting scooped left, he could have stayed on it.

This thing RSC did here is "pushing into another car".

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by Skinnyguy, 27 May 2012 - 19:04.

#20592 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:07

As you know, you have to leave space all the time. RG didn't leave, he binned MS in the barrier.

#20593 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:28

They said that Michael and Grosjean accident will be investigated after the race.

There was no confirmation that there was no further action? Grosjean that bastard should be penalised.

#20594 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,839 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:37

Grosjean that bastard should be penalised.

No he shouldn't. It was a start line incident. Grosjean had nowhere to go after getting punted by Alonso.

#20595 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:42

I thought it was just one of these things that happens (as incidentally I thought Schumacher vs Senna was), but history has shown that I appear to be very lenient or accepting when it comes to contact. However, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there's probably quite a possibility that hitting Senna 2 weeks ago stopped today with the fuel problems turning into one of those real "feel-bad" stories in that Schumi has lost 7th because of the problems. Had he not hit Senna then it's possible that the car may have broke down in the lead today.

#20596 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:46

No he shouldn't. It was a start line incident. Grosjean had nowhere to go after getting punted by Alonso.

He moved to the left too aggresivelly. He has mirrors he saw Michael on the left. What a rokiee he is, hes proving that every race.

#20597 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:48

He should see what will happen. He should see alonso's line and Hamilton...

#20598 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:48

once again my conspiracy theory on michael's comeback remains... his car broke..

he has yet in the last 10 races to have a mechanically trouble-free weekend; drs, kers, engine, wheel change, gearbox, free practice problems ... it just keeps going on and on

#20599 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:49

I thought it was just one of these things that happens (as incidentally I thought Schumacher vs Senna was), but history has shown that I appear to be very lenient or accepting when it comes to contact. However, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there's probably quite a possibility that hitting Senna 2 weeks ago stopped today with the fuel problems turning into one of those real "feel-bad" stories in that Schumi has lost 7th because of the problems. Had he not hit Senna then it's possible that the car may have broke down in the lead today.

This cars are rebuild from scratch you know and maybe what was left from Barcelona is the chassis only. And this problem was engine problem, maybe it was new engine. But, I doubt they work on the engines on the weekends, they just take them out and mount them.

Why the hell he was over Alonso, his way ahead was free? Even at the start there is avoidable incidents. Not to bounce from car to car. Or because Alonso was passing him he have to hit him?

Edited by ivand911, 27 May 2012 - 19:52.

Advertisement

#20600 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:52

What do you think about a possible sabotage? It seems some people from the Merc squad wants di Resta to the second Merc very. I read today in several forums that this unlucky series (machanical failures, pit stop errors, DRS problem in the Q1) maybe not a coincident...