Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20771 replies to this topic

#20601 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:52

What do you think about a possible sabotage? It seems some people from the Merc squad wants di Resta to the second Merc very. I read today in several forums that this unlucky series (machanical failures, pit stop errors, DRS problem in the Q1) maybe not a coincident...

Advertisement

#20602 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 734 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:52

"I THINK YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A SPACE, ALL OF THE TIME YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A SPACE!"

#20603 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:57

What do you think about a possible sabotage? It seems some people from the Merc squad wants di Resta to the second Merc very. I read today in several forums that this unlucky series (machanical failures, pit stop errors, DRS problem in the Q1) maybe not a coincident...

I don't think anyone at Mercedes want DiResta? Why they will want him? I think that Nico get everything good and MS get the bad parts. When there is risk, let give it to MS.

#20604 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:58

lol I just posted the exact same thing earlier up the page. I know what side i am leaning towards.

#20605 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,957 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:58

No he shouldn't. It was a start line incident. Grosjean had nowhere to go after getting punted by Alonso.

Well, it was, there is no question about that. He created the situation though. It was an inexperienced, dumb start, and a tad overambitious. He doesn't seem to be a multi-tasker. He bit more than he could swallow, and got punished.

#20606 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:00

Lets share the link then...

#20607 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:01

I don't think anyone at Mercedes want DiResta? Why they will want him? I think that Nico get everything good and MS get the bad parts. When there is risk, let give it to MS.

People from Mecedes have been saying his name alot after Spain. This is were this story has come from.

#20608 Clatter

Clatter

• 28,122 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:03

Well it must all be true then if you read it in some foruns. :rotfl:

#20609 sniper80

sniper80

• 590 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:04

Di Resta would have taken more points in the Mercedes than Schumacher in the past races.

#20610 Mestrades

Mestrades

• 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:05

GROSJEAN must be penalized. He moved on left without seeing his left side! This guy is handless and need a 5 grid position penalty to calm him

#20611 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:06

Nick Fry? He said that this week.

http://www.motorspor...nel-c44660.html
(in hungarian)

#20612 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:06

Di Resta would have taken more points in the Mercedes than Schumacher in the past races.

:up: true!

#20613 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,957 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:07

Seriously, apart from intending to stick the knife in the soft parts, how have you come to that conclusion?

#20614 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:09

People from Mecedes have been saying his name alot after Spain. This is were this story has come from.

I mean lot's of people feel this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

#20615 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:10

Name them.

#20616 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Perhaps MS and Merc want to set another record: longest sting without troublefree race.

#20617 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Yeah DiResta could have fix the gearbox problem and kept running in 3rd and won a podium, he could avoid Grosjean, he would go out of his car and put the wheel in properly, he could fix the DRS in the middle of the fast lap, he could avoid grosjean by driving on the wall and he would still survive and then he would fix the fuel pressure problems and got a podium.simple as that.

#20618 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,734 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:13

:up: true!

You too. Maybe you can add more to the discussion than your usual smiley and a one-liner.

#20619 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:14

You think? Where exactly? I know you are hurt today, but still you can be reasonable. What tragedy from Kimi today. Snail slow.

Edited by ivand911, 27 May 2012 - 20:17.

Advertisement

#20620 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,957 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:16

You too. Maybe you can add more to the discussion than your usual smiley and a one-liner.

c'mon. You really expect Li'L Jinx to punch above her weight.

#20621 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:20

They also gave him a car capable of P1. I don't care who you are, you need a solid car underneath you to achieve that.

The run of bad luck is unbelievable, but it will end.

#20622 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:31

**** yeah!

#20623 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:36

They also gave him a car capable of P1. I don't care who you are, you need a solid car underneath you to achieve that.

Capable the P1 in the qualy, but not capable to finish the race...

Edited by Tarzaan, 27 May 2012 - 20:36.

#20624 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:42

I can understand the fans' disappointment with Michael's best weekend since comeback ruined. However there's a saying "that's motor racing". Criticising Grosjean or the team or whatever doesn't change it. He was not going to win from P6 as the race unfolded. Yes, MS has had a fair wedge of bad luck, not all of it of his own making but nowhere near the luck some are claiming. The 5 place penalty was his own, not Senna's or (ridiculously) Derek Warwick's! Luck tends to go in cycles. MS can walk away satisfied he did a good job, sometimes your best drive gains no reward, indeed that's very often the case. He has now proven that in the right circumstance he does have the pace to be a contender to win. Before Saturday that wasn't at all obvious.

#20625 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 734 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:59

I'm kind of glad he was hit by Grosjean at the start, imagine how much more gutting it would be if he was high up when his car gave out.

#20626 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:59

I can understand the fans' disappointment with Michael's best weekend since comeback ruined. However there's a saying "that's motor racing". Criticising Grosjean or the team or whatever doesn't change it. He was not going to win from P6 as the race unfolded. Yes, MS has had a fair wedge of bad luck, not all of it of his own making but nowhere near the luck some are claiming. The 5 place penalty was his own, not Senna's or (ridiculously) Derek Warwick's! Luck tends to go in cycles. MS can walk away satisfied he did a good job, sometimes your best drive gains no reward, indeed that's very often the case. He has now proven that in the right circumstance he does have the pace to be a contender to win. Before Saturday that wasn't at all obvious.

You think so? Vettel the 10th guy needed only 4 sec to win it. Kimi train destroyed his chances.
MS have chance to be 4th-5th in first corner. After everyone pitted he have free track ahead, so he can do 5-6-7 fast laps. He was able to do 1:19.2 in lap 30. Webber was doing 1:21 with new tyres. So, there was chance for MS to jump them all. But, even podium was OK. MS probably needed 6-7 sec to jump them all. MS has 2 sec faster in and out lap. In Lap 31 he gain 1,5 sec; lap 32- 1,7 sec, lap 33 - 1,1 sec to Webber. Total 6,3 sec. 2-3 more fast laps and he was jumping everybody. Nico did well there , he made everyone to pit. The problem was that softs needed 5-6 laps to get up to temperature.

Edited by ivand911, 27 May 2012 - 21:16.

#20627 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:01

The team deserve to be criticized by MSC fans. They do very little for him in my opinion.

#20628 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 756 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:02

The penalty was ridiculous. Senna weaved left in the braking zone when Schumacher was coming like gangbusters.

The start of this race is another indication why inexperienced children shouldn't be driving Grand Prix cars. Instead of going forward a place or two, Michael was knocked backwards three, causing him to be stuck behind the Renault for half the race.

There ought to be a special rule for this venue. If you're holding up a pack the way Raikkonnen was and you fall ten seconds behind the car ahead of you, blue flag.

#20629 aliasj

aliasj

• 150 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:13

The penalty was ridiculous. Senna weaved left in the braking zone when Schumacher was coming like gangbusters.

The start of this race is another indication why inexperienced children shouldn't be driving Grand Prix cars. Instead of going forward a place or two, Michael was knocked backwards three, causing him to be stuck behind the Renault for half the race.

Well, Bruno Senna isn't inexperienced. He's just - m e d i o c r e.

#20630 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 3,411 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:16

There ought to be a special rule for this venue. If you're holding up a pack the way Raikkonnen was and you fall ten seconds behind the car ahead of you, blue flag.

As much I hated this situations. Raikkonen fought fair and square for his position and this is racing. formula one has enough artificial rules

#20631 schumimercamg

schumimercamg

• 415 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:34

Looking at the birds eye photo in the Grosjean thread I'm amazed that Schuey's front right survived that impact- it broke grosjeans rear suspension!

#20632 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:54

Looking at the birds eye photo in the Grosjean thread I'm amazed that Schuey's front right survived that impact- it broke grosjeans rear suspension!

I had the same thought. I thought Schumacher's right front held on very strongly. Good to know it's tough.

I think drivers like Grosjean at times need safety car starts rather then delay rain gps for safety reasons these days like the Canada 2011 episode.

Schumacher needs to go for pole like mad and run away, the more he does, the less chance of wrong fia senteances and bumping into grojean/bruno.

With Pasto winning a race, then getting taken off, shows how much chaos is in the field. Good thing Mercedes may be able to fight for poles more often. Kudos for Schumacher's Monaco efforts in the last 3 years, driving wise, he's been on it and with this year actually being the first year with a car able to fight for pole, he got it. Schumacher's lap in 2010 was impeded by mercedes miscalcaton in letting Rosberg out, they were pretty competitive enough in one of the few races that year, and he clearly outqualifed rosberg last year and this year..

#20633 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:31

Talk of sabotage is ludicrous. Nobody wants to see Michael succeed more than Ross Brawn and he'd never ever stand for that. Mercedes HQ are also praying for a Schumacher win - the publicity and exposure would be enormous.

Schumacher will win this season I'm sure of it! :)

#20634 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:37

Talk of sabotage is ludicrous. Nobody wants to see Michael succeed more than Ross Brawn and he'd never ever stand for that. Mercedes HQ are also praying for a Schumacher win - the publicity and exposure would be enormous.

Perhaps even starting at the next race in Montreal. He has a great chance.

#20635 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:48

Well, they need to start giving him a reliable car then.

At the end of the day, this hurts Mercedes more than anyone else. They have spent millions yet are still incapable of fielding two reliable car on the same track at the same time.

Schumacher doesn't have anything left to prove, his records stand alone and he is peerless in that respect. He has achieved everything, his presence bought extra millions in sponsorship, top flight engineers and the team have recieved 10x extra exposure. It is time they started paying him back with decent machinery. 59-2 is a joke, 4 retirements is a joke and this is a team that want to win championships.

Like I said, this hurts Mercedes more than anything else, it makes them look pathetic in terms of reliability. Look how popular Schumacher's pole was...and then he was let down. At the end of the day, it results in losses of millions in terms of exposure, car sales, Concorde agreement money etc.

Sort it out Mercedes or MS walks away and your profile plummets and you become anonymous like the BAR/ HONDA days.

#20636 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:52

Bunk, seriously, have you ever seen or heard MS make a negative comment on his team, or any of its members, or publicly demand anything?

He should. Maybe they might start building proper cars for him then.

Look at Alonso, he shouts on the radio to tell them to leave him alone, not bother him, he commands respect. Vettel is supposed to be a bastard in debriefing. Montoya was the same. This nicey-nicey approach does not work. Show some ruthlessness and command their respect.

#20637 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:19

Look at Alonso, he shouts on the radio to tell them to leave him alone, not bother him, he commands respect. Vettel is supposed to be a bastard in debriefing. Montoya was the same. This nicey-nicey approach does not work. Show some ruthlessness and command their respect.

Would you expand on that?

#20638 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,504 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:19

I fully respect MSC for not getting frustrated with the team in public. However i think its time he said something, and maybe has already behind closed doors.
He has done what has been asked of him in every race this year apart for the silly shunt with Senna He is performing the best he has since his return. However he as no reward for it

2 points is a joke. Only the drivers from the new teams have less. I am far from impressed with Mercedes, and if it happens again MSC should say something in public. Hamilton and co often do.

#20639 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:31

Bunk, seriously, have you ever seen or heard MS make a negative comment on his team, or any of its members, or publicly demand anything?

I was joking, wondering if mech faulure number 4 out of 6 would now get a tabloid headline like that at the BBC F1 section. :)

And no, Schumacher has never said stuff like that, and neither did Fry say Schumacher should quit, or did Brawn and Mercedes that only Schumacher must improve. Actually, I think the team is very close a in good harmony.

Edited by TheBunk, 27 May 2012 - 23:31.

Advertisement

#20640 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:36

MS is extremelly ethical in terms of public speaking. I can't see him ever bashing his team openly although I am pretty sure they have all kinds of conversations behind closed doors. Yeah he probably would show some annoyance in public about general state of things be it tires, some on track maneuvres or inconsistency of marshalling yet he will not blame the team. This is one of those things that make him a great champion.

Edited by exmayol, 27 May 2012 - 23:37.

#20641 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:38

Would you expand on that?

Alonso in Melbourne 2010 'i dont want any more radio' (ie leave me alone)

Canada 2005 - 'what more do i have to do????'

He gets very angry and the team just cool off and leave him alone. Lewis too vents his frustration in public regularly. No point being a team player if the team give u shit equipment 70% of the time.

#20642 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:47

Posted Image

#20643 KavB

KavB

• 1,223 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 00:06

I fully respect MSC for not getting frustrated with the team in public. However i think its time he said something, and maybe has already behind closed doors.
He has done what has been asked of him in every race this year apart for the silly shunt with Senna He is performing the best he has since his return. However he as no reward for it

2 points is a joke. Only the drivers from the new teams have less. I am far from impressed with Mercedes, and if it happens again MSC should say something in public. Hamilton and co often do.

I agree. Under the old points system, he wouldn't even have a point! It's not a true reflection on his ability, and people are starting to have misconceptions that he's under performing, which is obviously far from the truth. The last time I remember a driver having such a terrible start to the year was Kubica in 2009. He didn't score until round 7. I'm hoping Schumacher can reboot his championship at Canada. The championship is gone, but a victory would bring him back to a reasonable tally.

#20644 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 00:12

MS is extremelly ethical in terms of public speaking. I can't see him ever bashing his team openly although I am pretty sure they have all kinds of conversations behind closed doors. Yeah he probably would show some annoyance in public about general state of things be it tires, some on track maneuvres or inconsistency of marshalling yet he will not blame the team. This is one of those things that make him a great champion.

It's better if he takes his frustrations out on Lewis and others in FP's, than get emotional and publicly make negative remarks about the team. Publicly blaming the team for his misfortunes is an absolute no, no, especially if he feels within himself that the team is equally frustrated by his misfortunes. Even in the event that he IS being sabotaged, such treachery would not come from the team but likely from a team member with one or two accomplices if any.

Again, Michael publicly speaking against the team would be royally stupid and he of all people knows better than this. In fact, now is the time to be doing the very opposite. OTOH, I'm pretty sure he's making his frustrations known in-house and will be getting his hands dirty into trying to iron things out.

I wish him and Mercedes well. What a difficult time!! :mad:

#20645 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 00:15

Alonso in Melbourne 2010 'i dont want any more radio' (ie leave me alone)

Canada 2005 - 'what more do i have to do????'

He gets very angry and the team just cool off and leave him alone. Lewis too vents his frustration in public regularly. No point being a team player if the team give u shit equipment 70% of the time.

Venting frustrations publicly is quite different from criticising the team in the way that's being suggested at the moment.

Funnily, Schumi will vent his frustration in other ways, as he did with Lewis in FP at Barcelona and immediately after his crash in Barcelona when he seemed to call Bruno an idiot.

#20646 black magic

black magic

• 3,960 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:47

no sanction for grosjean though. on what basis does he escape but michael take 5 grid penalty. surely grosjean moved into michael nearly putting him into a real wall( havent heard him squeel lke reubinho though) which did kill his race chances especially given this is monaco.

michael hits senna going nowhere but ending his own race and he takes 5 grid penalty. the consistancy??

michael must be in the most unreliable car on the grid - an absolute disgrace for mercedes and clear - isnt he responsible after all for the car come gp?

#20647 baddog

baddog

• 23,995 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:51

no sanction for grosjean though. on what basis does he escape but michael take 5 grid penalty. surely grosjean moved into michael nearly putting him into a real wall( havent heard him squeel lke reubinho though) which did kill his race chances especially given this is monaco.

michael hits senna going nowhere but ending his own race and he takes 5 grid penalty. the consistancy??

I can only assume the lack of penalty is because Michael's car was apparently undamaged.

Penalties like Spain are stupid but that's the modern sport for you.

#20648 DisruptioN

DisruptioN

• 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:05

if there were to be a penalty it shouldve gone to alonso for cutting across grosjean anyway

#20649 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:29

The BAR crew is not only Ross Brawn, and the Merc HQ are far from Barckley...

#20650 black magic

black magic

• 3,960 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:04

agreed baddog but losing the 2 places was a massive penalty at monaco circuit.

no comment re michael hard against barrier before grosjean moved back into him.

the guy just can't buy a break.

how soon before mercedes sacrifice his race to maximise nico's chances?

just massive hearing the crowd reaction to his pole - at least someone from fia didnt stop him from attending press conference as pole sitter.

guess unless its michael or hamilton the stewards are able to look at things dispassionately and agree it was just racing - but then so was spain.