Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#20651 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:24

how soon before mercedes sacrifice his race to maximise nico's chances?

I think they do it from race 1?

Advertisement

#20652 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:37

Fear not, he shall be on the podium in Canada.

#20653 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:50

I think they do it from race 1?

:rolleyes:

#20654 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:09

Fear not, he shall be on the podium in Canada.

Expect NOTHING, be happy with anything. This is what I've come to expect from Schumacher's results of late.

Brawn was right - they've let him down so so badly it's almost comical

Australia - gearbox
Malaysia - Grosjean punting him
China - loose wheel
Bahrain - Q1 qualifying/DRS issue
Spain - Senna accident
Monaco - fuel pump issue

It is beyond a joke. I don't think it is sabotage though, just a catalogue of events that will inevitably see Schumacher walk away at the end of the 2012 with no motivation left and a bemused look on his face at how a team with such resources can **** up so regularly and be incapable of fielding two reliable cars at the same time on the same track.

It really is like the BAR/Honda days. Ok, they might be quicker slightly but the same DNA runs through them.

You know, the situation is so shit, I actually feel sick. The feeling is mildly like the one I experienced when I lost my job and had no way of supporting my young wife and daughter at the time - a sort of pathetic helplessness (ok I may be exaggerating a little but you get what I mean)

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 28 May 2012 - 09:13.

#20655 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,510 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:22

Expect NOTHING, be happy with anything. This is what I've come to expect from Schumacher's results of late.

Brawn was right - they've let him down so so badly it's almost comical

Australia - gearbox
Malaysia - Grosjean punting him
China - loose wheel
Bahrain - Q1 qualifying/DRS issue
Spain - Senna accident
Monaco - fuel pump issue

It is beyond a joke. I don't think it is sabotage though, just a catalogue of events that will inevitably see Schumacher walk away at the end of the 2012 with no motivation left and a bemused look on his face at how a team with such resources can **** up so regularly and be incapable of fielding two reliable cars at the same time on the same track.

It really is like the BAR/Honda days. Ok, they might be quicker slightly but the same DNA runs through them.

You know, the situation is so shit, I actually feel sick. The feeling is mildly like the one I experienced when I lost my job and had no way of supporting my young wife and daughter at the time - a sort of pathetic helplessness (ok I may be exaggerating a little but you get what I mean)

I get how you feel. 2 points is sickening and makes him look terrible (on the scoreboard anyway). Podiums and and big points have been possible. As he has been in the best shape since his return. Instead he is left with nothing.

I am sick of seeing the Mercedes with the red helmet always pulling to the side of the track and slowing down. It is becoming a common sight.

I really cant see how anyone can argue he deserves better than 2 stupid points. Even non Schumacher fans

Edited by Massa_f1, 28 May 2012 - 09:23.

#20656 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:29

I see this new Michael in the way Michael would like us to see: a new chapter with different mentality, with different approach and evidently with new speed. I am sure Michael is aware of the fact that he is not the same driver, however he didn't see it as a quit call, instead a challenge he had just found. That, alone, creates huge respect from me. He's nicer, he's more open to public and he's more cheerful than any Schumacher I've ever witnessed.

He won't be as ruthless as the old Schumacher and I like that. I don't want to see "the old" Schumacher. People change, times change, so does Michael. He didn't continue his career, he started to build one. I'm restpectful of this. I'm respectful of his mature way, of his win-lose-together approach. And with this weekend, he showed he can still be capable of producing results in a race where five people had a reasonable chance for pole.

The best victory of Michael so for is the ability to beat himself, the old one, to create a new Michael for both himself and Formula 1. I think we should enjoy it, rather than getting furious or trolling. We should celebrate a man of 43, who achieved more than any other could ever achieve, still there fighting with "younglings" with a speed everyone should respect. Not everyone loves him, but when he's gone, everybody will respect for him. That makes him special.

I want. Because this new version sometimes act like a ***

#20657 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:45

I am sick of seeing the Mercedes with the red helmet always pulling to the side of the track and slowing down. It is becoming a common sight.

It's not that uncommon. Scroll back to 1985 and Niki Lauda's year and you find pretty much the same. Lauda's second career, he was still capable of winning (like he did in 1985) but his luck was horrible and he duly retired.

I wonder what it is?

Could it be that the mental focus, the ultimate will is not there anymore and that's why they draw all the technical problems? Or is it indeed conspiracy theory and the team being consciously or subconsciously behind the young guy, who is their future (Prost, Rosberg).....?

#20658 baddog

baddog

• 24,035 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:05

Its just the nature of things.. sometimes things go wrong and it is neither deliberate nor is the 'victim' to blame.

given time it will all even out

#20659 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:06

Guys do you think that now Schumi has made pole position, he will rediscover some belief, i mean even the most confident of drivers, until they get a result lack some belief, Schumi has done it all before, but since his comeback, 4th has been the best, but now he 100% knows that he is at the level he needs to be at to race at the front, do you think it will unlock more speed? i think it will make him much stronger for the rest of the year

Advertisement

#20660 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:08

Guys do you think that now Schumi has made pole position, he will rediscover some belief, i mean even the most confident of drivers, until they get a result lack some belief, Schumi has done it all before, but since his comeback, 4th has been the best, but now he 100% knows that he is at the level he needs to be at to race at the front, do you think it will unlock more speed? i think it will make him much stronger for the rest of the year

That´s what I said a while ago too and I think a podium or win will hopefully end that current bad streak and give him another boost, so: yes!

#20661 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:10

That´s what I said a while ago too and I think a podium or win will hopefully end that current bad streak and give him another boost, so: yes!

+1

#20662 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:19

autosport.com - Saturday, May 26th 2012, 13:59 GMT
Schumacher :
"I have to say a great thanks to all the team, particularly some of the guys who work very closely with me - we had a special session earlier this week that unified and united us even further.

Does Loic Bigeois departure the first visible element of the above mentionned session above?
---------------------
Things aren't what they appears to be team wise...
Nico and Michael are internally strongly disagreeing on some items (tyres for sure, what else? aero?) and the son of and maybe the father of are putting more weight using the 59/2 as lever.
Would not be surprised to see N. Fry playing along with the Rosberg pair which would rather see the young Di Resta coming in to help Nico rather than observing the attention spent on the old fart with the red hat.
--------------------
But hopefully Ross will manage that :

Mercedes pledges to sort Michael Schumacher's problems after Monaco retirement
autosport.com - Sunday, May 27th 2012, 17:26 GMT

Michael Schumacher, Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn has pledged to resolve the issues that have plagued Michael Schumacher's 2012 Formula 1 season after the seven-time champion had another troubled race in Monte Carlo.
-------------------
As long as nobody ask Sir Stirling Moss advice on this matter our hope to see Michael on top of a F1 podium are realistic! Canada would be nice...

Edited by jjpm, 28 May 2012 - 12:21.

#20663 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:25

Schumacher :
"I have to say a great thanks to all the team, particularly some of the guys who work very closely with me - we had a special session earlier this week that unified and united us even further.

Does Loic Bigeois departure the first visible element of the above mentionned session above?
---------------------
Nico and Michael are internally strongly disagreeing on some items (tyres for sure, what else? aero?) and the son of and maybe the father of are putting more weight using the 59/2 as lever.
Would not be surprised to see N. Fry playing along with the Rosberg pair which would rather see the young Di Resta coming in to help Nico rather than observing the attention spent on the old fart with the red hat.
--------------------

Michael Schumacher, Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn has pledged to resolve the issues that have plagued Michael Schumacher's 2012 Formula 1 season after the seven-time champion had another troubled race in Monte Carlo.
-------------------
As long as nobody ask Sir Stirling Moss advice on this matter our hope to see Michael on top of a F1 podium are realistic! Canada would be nice...

He invited his crew to his home to analyse the first 5 races, what to improve etc.
That´s what he told RTL and I guess this was the special session.

#20664 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:29

A podium would be a start and Canada will be one of Schumacher's best opportunities. It should suit the car and it has been one of Schumacher's strongest tracks. Of course it all depends on the tyres working on the day.

#20665 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:43

Schumacher :

---------------------
--------------------

-------------------

I hardly think Bigois was working closely with MS. RB would never let any driver interfere with the situation and welfare of a leading design-engineer in his team. It has been documented by RB that the difference of understanding was basically between GW and LB. Bigois is highly regarded, but it would be hard to argue that in the past few years he justified himself. There have been basic structural changes in the tech department on all levels in the past 6-8 months, and he did not fit in that, it seems. If there are differences between MS and NR, well that I would call quite normal. They have their own teams around them, they don't have to be buddies. Though the noises are that they get on better than expected. Fry, on the other hand is a dick. He was, if you you look at the resources he had at his disposal at Honda, the least successful TP of all time, and any time he opened his mouth, he was on the level of Boullier, if you get what I mean. On the other hand, the fact that after two years, with Brawn's 2 week off because of illness, he surfaces at once, and starts the BS where he left off 2 years ago, kind of worries me too. Sir Moss? He is not even a dinosaur, more like a fossil. He is entitled to his opinions, but I hardly think anybody would take him seriously, let alone ask for his opinion.

Edited by Szoelloe, 28 May 2012 - 12:44.

#20666 jjpm

jjpm

• 239 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 13:39

I do trust my sources and I think the happy faces of Nico and Michael is a decoy for press, sponsors and fans, inside its a different story, look at the tyres :
Michael make his statement on the lottery tyres and the day after Nico declare : nope the tyres are perfect, I like them, they're a challenge...
even Norbert Haug made a declaration indicating that the tyres were ok. I definitely believe that Nico, especially after his victory in China is trying to play a more important role in the team at large.
as far as Sir Moss is concerned he seems to me being part of the endurance lobby inside Daimler-Mercedes (vying for money from the board? )...

#20667 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 14:08

I do trust my sources and I think the happy faces of Nico and Michael is a decoy for press, sponsors and fans, inside its a different story, look at the tyres :
Michael make his statement on the lottery tyres and the day after Nico declare : nope the tyres are perfect, I like them, they're a challenge...
even Norbert Haug made a declaration indicating that the tyres were ok. I definitely believe that Nico, especially after his victory in China is trying to play a more important role in the team at large.
as far as Sir Moss is concerned he seems to me being part of the endurance lobby inside Daimler-Mercedes (vying for money from the board? )...

NR has never said the tyres are perfect. Neither did Haug. What they said was perfectly in line with what all the other teams had publicly stated. On the other hand, Haug also publicly stated that the team stands by MS in his views of the tyres. So far, Mercedes is the only team that has commented openly on the negative attributes of the Pirellis, mainly because they have a driver that is in the position to voice them without setting his team on the backfoot in front of the media. As for NR, he has been playing mind games for 2 years now, you may have noticed that. He has always had a subtly different view on any topic that concerned MS. As I said, they don't have to be buddies. Both are top drivers, its part of the game, let them do it, and let Brawn deal with it. For the past two years, grudges between their drivers(and there were none, IMHO), were the least of their problems, and even NR has understood that the they have a common goal. Yes, NR will be on- or is - on edge now, because MS will get some extra attention for the next few races, and it is not like he was conveniently beating MS so far, if qualys are anything to go by. They will have their hands full of each other this season, and if you are trying to say that will disrupt the team, you are dead wrong, IMHO. It is a sign of Merc stepping up a level. And Moss is still a nobody when it comes to internal team matters.

#20668 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 14:10

Could it be that the mental focus, the ultimate will is not there anymore and that's why they draw all the technical problems? Or is it indeed conspiracy theory and the team being consciously or subconsciously behind the young guy, who is their future (Prost, Rosberg).....?

No, that makes no sense whatsoever, it would explain a lower quality of driving but not attracting technical problems. This is F1 not religion, it's based on science not bullshit. Lack of "will" and "focus" does not cause components in a car to fail, a stupid suggestion to even think about entertaining.

#20669 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 14:13

I know, I dread that every race now, the camera cutting away to a red helmeted mercedes driver climbing out of the car or trundling around the track.

#20670 sniper80

sniper80

• 590 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 14:46

yes it was the same with Damon Hill & Mika Hakkinen before they retired for good.

#20671 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,510 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 14:58

yes it was the same with Damon Hill & Mika Hakkinen before they retired for good.

Does kind of remind me a little of Hill's last year with Jordan. Frentzen was winning yet Hill was either crashing or having problems with his car, but this is when it was common. Now you rarely see a car fail. apart from Schumacher's and maybe one of the new teams.

Edited by Massa_f1, 28 May 2012 - 14:59.

#20672 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 15:31

He invited his crew to his home to analyse the first 5 races, what to improve etc.
That´s what he told RTL and I guess this was the special session.

And that work very well. I understand that he invited his engineers , I guess - Bono and JC?

What surprise you here? They are not friends, they have different opinions? It is normal. They are just team mates. Nothing more. They are not oblige to talk the same things. Their experience in life and F1 is different. They look differently on the future of F1. Maybe MS don't want to watch fake f1 when he retire. Maybe Nico don't mind to drive in WWE. This way he can become eventually F1 Champion. Maybe driving slowly(not pushing hard) suits him.

Edited by ivand911, 28 May 2012 - 15:39.

#20673 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 16:04

Michael Schumacher should stay at Mercedes - Ross Brawn
http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/18234511

Benson again have to fill any article about MS with shit in the end. Again he have to remind that MS was told to up his game( absolutely lie), he was the one who print that lie in the first place. And it is 4 retirements.

About MS, I think he will stay next year only because he will think that he will have strong car. He expect a lot from new guys. And of course what will follow from now will be important too.

Edited by ivand911, 28 May 2012 - 16:06.

#20674 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 16:16

Michael Schumacher should stay at Mercedes - Ross Brawn
http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/18234511

Benson again have to fill any article about MS with shit in the end. Again he have to remind that MS was told to up his game( absolutely lie), he was the one who print that lie in the first place. And it is 4 retirements.

About MS, I think he will stay next year only because he will think that he will have strong car. He expect a lot from new guys. And of course what will follow from now will be important too.

To be honest a week ago I would happy about this article, but now, I prefer to leave that team immediately. Maybe after a Montreal race win, but i doubt his car will finish the race...

#20675 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 16:22

...stay with Mercedes one more year, rather than retire (as opposed to changing teams), I gather.

#20676 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 16:51

I'd rather he go to another team or retire altogether than stay with BAR...I mean Mercedes.

If Schumacher leaves - as far removed from his prime as he may be - Mercedes' sporting image takes a massive hit; they'll be seen as the team that was unable to provide the most decorated driver in F1 history with a reliable car whilst Schumacher was still seen as a very strong driver.

Schumacher has done everything right in 2012 - barring Barcelona - while Mercedes haven't got it right for him.

OT: I had a vision that Schumacher pairs up with Vettel many months ago.

#20677 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 1,332 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 17:01

It would never happen (MSC at RBR) but at least then he'd have a car that would get him to the finish, and a few guaranteed podiums and a win or two assuming future RBRs continue to be among the fastest and most reliable on track. I love MSC, but he would get pounded by Vettel over a season. 10 years ago, the reverse would be true...

#20678 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 17:03

Everyone saying he's out of the championship. Well, he's "only" 3 victories off the top. And the championship leader only has pretty much 3 victories in points after 6 races.

In this crazy year anything can happen. If he starts scoring regular podiums (yes this seems much to be asked for, but he has shown time and again he has the pace, the speed of the car seems to be getting better and better, but it does mean he needs a working car) from now on and the other drivers keep swapping places, he could still reclaim all lost points.

I wouldn't back Rosberg as of yet if I were Mercedes, what if he hits the unreliability streak at the end of the year?

#20679 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 17:23

I love MSC, but he would get pounded by Vettel over a season.

Not necessarily. It's obvious that without EBD SV is not a force he used to be last year.

Advertisement

#20680 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 17:41

I think you guys are overreacting a bit.
nobody has an agenda inside mercedes to harm michael. he's not stupid and ross isn't either, they would smell a rat....
he's had a string of sh!tty luck, a bit longer than "normal".

His speed is there, his skills are at a very good level, the car has speed....it falls apart often and others seem to crash in him. it's way better than having a realiable car that takes him to 8th place race after race.

we know have montreal and spa...two of his favourite races....let's see him race, I am sure he'll give it 100% as usual.

#20681 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 17:53

I think from all following races only Abu Dhabi doesn't "suit" him. USA will be interesting. It is shame that he didn't get anything from Monaco.

Edited by ivand911, 28 May 2012 - 17:54.

#20682 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,405 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 18:17

Pace-wise this is the best of his recent seasons, no? It's just he seems to be getting mid 00's Mark Webbers type of luck.

#20683 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 18:40

Pace-wise this is the best of his recent seasons, no? It's just he seems to be getting mid 00's Mark Webbers type of luck.

Depends who you ask. On the Schumi vs. Nico thread there are people who would swear blind Nico is spanking Michael in terms of pace this year.

#20684 Goron3

Goron3

• 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 18:47

I think from all following races only Abu Dhabi doesn't "suit" him. USA will be interesting. It is shame that he didn't get anything from Monaco.

Generally he is faster than nico at all the 'fast' tracks (Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Spain, Turkey) but Nico has the measure on him on the much slower tracks (China, Valencia, Abu Dhabi).

#20685 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 19:10

I think you guys are overreacting a bit.
nobody has an agenda inside mercedes to harm michael. he's not stupid and ross isn't either, they would smell a rat....
he's had a string of sh!tty luck, a bit longer than "normal".

His speed is there, his skills are at a very good level, the car has speed....it falls apart often and others seem to crash in him. it's way better than having a realiable car that takes him to 8th place race after race.

we know have montreal and spa...two of his favourite races....let's see him race, I am sure he'll give it 100% as usual.

Exactly, don't buy the conspiracy for a second.

#20686 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 19:16

Depends who you ask. On the Schumi vs. Nico thread there are people who would swear blind Nico is spanking Michael in terms of pace this year.

Blind being the operative word.

#20687 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 20:11

Generally he is faster than nico at all the 'fast' tracks (Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Spain, Turkey) but Nico has the measure on him on the much slower tracks (China, Valencia, Abu Dhabi).

How do we rate him at Silverstone? I'm going this year and am hoping his bad luck will have cleared up and he'll have a good race. From memory Nico has been a bit quicker than Michael there.

#20688 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 20:32

How do we rate him at Silverstone? I'm going this year and am hoping his bad luck will have cleared up and he'll have a good race. From memory Nico has been a bit quicker than Michael there.

Nah, last year after hitting Kobayashi and serving a stop-and-go I believe he was only about fifteen seconds behind Nico come the end of the race.

Edited by Schumacher7, 28 May 2012 - 20:36.

#20689 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 20:52

Yeah, MS was faster than Nico at Silverstone. He pass him and after that he crash, but he was faster after the crash too. In Valencia , he will be OK too, like in Monaco.

#20690 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:21

Here is a short on-board video of Grosjean at the start.

Michael just wanted to go Four-wide into the first corner... madness.

#20691 Goron3

Goron3

• 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:31

yeah i'm going Silverstone this year too! Michael was amazingly quick there last year, setting numerous fastest laps (particularly in the mixed conditions we had for the first 1/3rd of the race. Despite doing half a lap with a broken wing, doing an extra stop and serving a stop and go he was mighty fast throughout and finished 15 seconds behind Nico. Stunning pace.

#20692 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 739 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:32

Watch Michael's onboard, he has every right to that bit of track. Anyone who can't see that is an idiot or is deliberately misinterpreting.

Edited by Schumacher7, 28 May 2012 - 21:34.

#20693 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,510 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:38

You can't be serious. Schumacher had clear road in front of him and enough space at either side of him Until Gro hit Alonso. Then Gro steered into Schumacher. He had every right to be there.

#20694 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:45

yeah i'm going Silverstone this year too! Michael was amazingly quick there last year, setting numerous fastest laps (particularly in the mixed conditions we had for the first 1/3rd of the race. Despite doing half a lap with a broken wing, doing an extra stop and serving a stop and go he was mighty fast throughout and finished 15 seconds behind Nico. Stunning pace.

Cool!

I can't believe in over 20 years of F1 watching I've never been to a race. I always regretted not seeing Schumi live in his first career, so I'm really happy to get this second chance. This must surely be among the last chances to watch him race.

Any recomendations for a Silverstone newbie? We have general access tickets.

I'll be seriously pissed if Michael crashes out on the first lap.

#20695 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:46

You can't be serious. Schumacher had clear road in front of him and enough space at either side of him Until Gro hit Alonso. Then Gro steered into Schumacher. He had every right to be there.

lol, of course he isn't serious! C'mon guys, don't rise to it...

#20696 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,556 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:52

I think his polelap in Monaco which must have felt really nice and the progress in Mercedes will give him a really good chance to win or get a podium in Canada.

#20697 Goron3

Goron3

• 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 22:12

Cool!

I can't believe in over 20 years of F1 watching I've never been to a race. I always regretted not seeing Schumi live in his first career, so I'm really happy to get this second chance. This must surely be among the last chances to watch him race.

Any recomendations for a Silverstone newbie? We have general access tickets.

I've got GA admission tickets as well! Bloody good too, on Friday you'll get to go into any grandstand (we chose the new S/F straight last year), Saturday I would use to watch the cars go around another part of the track as the grandstands will be full of Gold/Silver ticket holders, and for Sunday get a good spot early, preferably one near a screen so you can follow the race.

I remember going Silverstone back in 2003 and it will was incredible (THOSE ENGINES!) but didn't go again til last year. I've decided that if Schumacher signs on to do another season I will most likely coincide my gap year plans with the race calender so I can see him race one last time (particularly at Monaco, Spa and Monza).

And yeh, when he had his incident with Kobayashi last year I was screaming! Thankfully he could continue.

#20698 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,972 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 22:43

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Sky Sports review of Schumacher's pole time at Monaco 2012

They pause at the swimming pool section to show Schumacher take one hand off the wheel to change break bias.

I never saw the onboard until now. Great stuff.

Edited by SeanValen, 28 May 2012 - 22:46.

#20699 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 23:41

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Sky Sports review of Schumacher's pole time at Monaco 2012

They pause at the swimming pool section to show Schumacher take one hand off the wheel to change break bias.

I never saw the onboard until now. Great stuff.

The best moment of the whole weekend.

Advertisement

#20700 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 4,222 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 00:21

Reminds me of the first race I went to--he qualified seventh, so I wasn't hoping for much. He won the race anway, though--in the rain, no less--and I consider myself very lucky to have seen him win in person. :)