Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#2101 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 18:24

Okay back on Michael Schumacher topic! Schumi is selling his Bugatti EB110 SS for $750,000. So if you have the money go & buy it! :p By the way it is a pretty exclusive car because only only 33 of this car were made!

Michael Schumacher’s Former 1994 Bugatti EB 110 SS For Sale

Although he’s traditionally associated with all things Ferrari, it seems seven-time F1 world champion Michael Schumacher was a bit of a Bugatti man. A 1994 Buagtti EB 110 SS that Schumacher once owned is up for grabs.

Posted Image

Prior to Vollkswagen purchasing the name in 1998, the Bugatti company was revived in 1987 by Romano Artioli. The first product -- the EB 110 GT -- launched in 1991, and was powered by a 3.5-liter, quad-turbocharged V-12. A hardcore version, dubbed the EB 110 SS, launched in 1992, incorporated a stripped-down, lightweight interior, and a more powerful (605-horsepower) version of the twelve-cylinder.

Schumacher’s car -- a 1994 model, chassis #39020 -- is technically an EB 110 SS, but as Schumy is Schumy, his car was the only example built with the full luxury trimmings of the EB 110 GT. The car is currently for sale in Germany, and has only 2875 miles on the clock. The dealer claims the car came from a personal collection and was rarely used.

The price for buying a car previously owned by one of the world’s most famous race car drivers? A cool $750,000 -- over $300,000 more than a standard EB 110 goes for in Europe, and roughly $200,000 more than a U.S.-spec EB 110 was recently listed for on eBay. Is the prestige -- and the pampering interior -- worth the premium? Sounds off in the comments section below.

http://wot.motortren...sale/index.html

Edited by merschu, 23 May 2010 - 18:24.

Advertisement

#2102 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,565 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 18:45

Looks like its not Michael selling his car, but a dealer selling a car that once belonged to Michael, and subsequnetly spent time in a 'private collection'.

#2103 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 18:48

Looks like its not Michael selling his car, but a dealer selling a car that once belonged to Michael, and subsequnetly spent time in a 'private collection'.

Ah I see! But still it once upon a time belonged to Schumi!  ;)

#2104 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 602 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 23:22

As a side note, Aditya, your graph has an asterisk next to drivers who retired in various races like Button in Monaco, but you leave Schumacher's Malaysia engine failure/retirement out of the graph. Not that it makes a huge difference, but it negates at least one race on there as he retired very early on.

#2105 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 23:31

Always worth collecting cars of the greats. It's interesting now, with Michael driving for Mercedes, PR wise he wouldn't be driving his Ferrari FXX black given to him by ferrari for his retirement. And when it comes to race of champions, he'll be avoiding ferrari's there as well, I wonder if mercedes cars will be popping up there.

I remember Schuey had a lambourgini, which he sold once he joined ferrari.

#2106 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 23:40

Always worth collecting cars of the greats. It's interesting now, with Michael driving for Mercedes, PR wise he wouldn't be driving his Ferrari FXX black given to him by ferrari for his retirement. And when it comes to race of champions, he'll be avoiding ferrari's there as well, I wonder if mercedes cars will be popping up there.

mercedes werent ever anal at ROC? wasnt schumacher the only driver who never drove another competitors car

#2107 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 602 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:59

I have a hard time believing he wouldn't keep his Ferraris... doesn't he own a couple other road car Ferraris in addition to at least a couple of his championship winning F1 machines? Maybe he won't do top gear laps in the Italian cars any more, but there's nothing wrong with him having a little fleet of the competition's rides.

#2108 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:48

Well, I for one am quite positive about Mark Webber, and really, he amazes me with what he is achieving this year - who knows, maybe we are witnessing already the WDC 2010. Together with Robert Kubica definitely the man of the year so far, and this after quite a difficult start to the season.

Contrary to Webbo, Schumi is showing pretty badly in the fastest laps statistic, when compared with the other drivers of the Top Four teams. Out of eight drivers Michael is solid eighth. I post this also as a response to SeanValen who claimed that Schumi had the "fastest laps in Spain and Monaco" - I find Michael´s record in this field abysmal so far - here it is, the number of fastest laps each driver posted in each race so far, plus the total number of fastest laps they have achieved.

Posted Image

Interestingly, drivers like Webber, Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso had a least one fastest lap in every race so far. In Schumi´s case, although his China performance was much frowned upon, he at least managed one fastest lap of the field in China. Not so in Bahrain, Malaysia and even Spain...

I'm sorry but how can you even attempt to argue that that data has any integrity when the clear fact that Schumacher DNF'd at Malaysia is not included.

Load of absolute bollocks, just like your argument.

#2109 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,803 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:48

Once again, posts have been deleted. Please can members avoid trolling and stick to the subject which is Michael Schumacher in 2010.

#2110 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:51

You obviously did not read the OP:

Get a grip, this is a merged thread titled -

Michael Schumacher (merged), Man, Machine and his Racing Craft

Since you bought Malaysia '99 up elsewhere (though putting someone down of course) it reminded me of something..

Malaysia 1999, after 6 races out after breaking his legs at Silverstone, MS came back at Sepang and put it on pole by over 1 second to second place.

Quite an achievement, I don't think theres another driver thats done that? Moss, Laffite, Pironi .... none of them came back to success again.

#2111 screamingV16

screamingV16

• 233 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 13:32

Quite an achievement, I don't think theres another driver thats done that? Moss, Laffite, Pironi .... none of them came back to success again.

Jackie Stewart came back to great success after almost dying at Spa in 67. He was left trapped in a tub of petrol for half an hour in a ditch in the pouring rain with broken limbs, took a lot of guts to come back after that to win 3 championships. Then what about Mika Hakkinen in almost dying from a massive brain injury in 1995, then coming back to win! Far more serious accident than Schumacher's.

#2112 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 14:43

I would rather wait with final report on his return until Nov 2012.

Edited by Sakae, 24 May 2010 - 14:46.

#2113 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 15:20

"Thing is, he probably couldn't care less. You just look at his interviews and you can see and feel he has a lot of fun. And it's great to see. "

Actually, almost all of the F1 media has caught onto the fact that Schumacher is quite upset about his performance so far. This includes his moody avoidance of the press, his yelling at Alonso for blocking, etc.

I'll tell you why this guy bothers me: he's taking a serious F1 effort by Mercedes and ruining it. He's insisting on developing the car front-heavy, which makes no sense in the modern narrow tyre f1 world.
He's been sensitive to the fact that he's slower than Rosberg, thus pushing the front-heavy development.

The reason for this is not to make the Mercedes faster, but to make Rosberg slower, as he now has his bruised ego to heal. Shame on Mercedes for investing an entire year on Schumacher, while ignoring Rosberg.

By the end of the season, both cars will be moving backwards through the grid. The only thing that seems to matter to Schumacher and Mercedes is that Schumacher is perceived as faster than Rosberg,and in the end , they'll end up with an undrivable car.

You'll hear nothing but support from Rosberg, because going against Schumi is the kiss of death in F1. Rosberg is going to let Schumi play around for a year, then inherit the team.

#2114 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 15:34

:rotfl:
Nice joke.

#2115 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 183 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 15:37

"Thing is, he probably couldn't care less. You just look at his interviews and you can see and feel he has a lot of fun. And it's great to see. "

Actually, almost all of the F1 media has caught onto the fact that Schumacher is quite upset about his performance so far. This includes his moody avoidance of the press, his yelling at Alonso for blocking, etc.

I'll tell you why this guy bothers me: he's taking a serious F1 effort by Mercedes and ruining it. He's insisting on developing the car front-heavy, which makes no sense in the modern narrow tyre f1 world.
He's been sensitive to the fact that he's slower than Rosberg, thus pushing the front-heavy development.

The reason for this is not to make the Mercedes faster, but to make Rosberg slower, as he now has his bruised ego to heal. Shame on Mercedes for investing an entire year on Schumacher, while ignoring Rosberg.

By the end of the season, both cars will be moving backwards through the grid. The only thing that seems to matter to Schumacher and Mercedes is that Schumacher is perceived as faster than Rosberg,and in the end , they'll end up with an undrivable car.

You'll hear nothing but support from Rosberg, because going against Schumi is the kiss of death in F1. Rosberg is going to let Schumi play around for a year, then inherit the team.

:lol: how the hell did you manage to come to that conclusion :lol:

Anyway, back to the real world, i'm sure that Mercedes will develop the car suiting both drivers, as neutral as possible with a wider setup range, wheelbase alterations already a positive first step. Conspiracy theories are for simpletons, Mercedes are running an F1 team not an MS fanclub.

#2116 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,717 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 15:37

Villes must be watching a different season of F1 (and interviews) than me....

Zoe

#2117 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,803 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 15:44

At Barcelona, Rosberg went on record to say that he and Schumacher liked their cars set up similarly. Evidence.

"We drive exactly the same way me and Michael, so it is not that you can build something that suits him better than me," said Rosberg in Monaco.

"The only fact is that I really struggle with understeer, which we have in the car at the moment. But we are looking into that to try to improve it because for sure it is not a good thing for Michael either. It is a bad thing for both of us, and that could be the only thing where I might struggle a bit more in the end."

I'd like you to provide something - anything - to validate your theory please. A quote from either party, or Brawn himself. Go back in time if you like. Something from Rosberg in his Williams days or Schumie in his Ferrari ones. I'd really like to think you've done a bit of homework before posting your theory.

#2118 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 16:04

Great piece of fiction. What about some facts to support your claims?

#2119 scarletf12002

scarletf12002

• 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 16:48

Moody avoidance of the press? Alot of people have noticed and commented on how much more open he is with the press this year (aside from the resppnse to the ambush by the media at Monaco re: Rascas 2006)! He was displeased with his performance after China and admitted as much, generally I seem to hear how he is pleased with progress but there is more to follow!
As for Rosberg being bullied into agreeing with the changes, I hear Nico speaks 6 languages maybe he could sit you down and explain it to you as you clearly don't understand English! So was he being threatened in the interviews? When he has repeatedly says that they have similiar driving styles and although the car has made progress over all other teams have made more progress and thus they seem to have not moved as far foward as they would have liked? On the other hand, save your breath Nico some people will just believe what they want to!
One thing though, people repeatedly argue how Michael Schumacher never had a competitve team mate who was allowed to compete with him and thats why he will never be truly one of greats, but he did have to beat other teams as well didn't he? I understand that the team mate is an important bench mark to compare two drivers but do you really think the man has so much power that he was able to talk them into backing him only if he wasn't exceptional? I find it interesting we hardly hear from anyone who worked with him (apart from ex-teamates) making these claims? I would genuinely interested to read if any one has such information, as I would like to know where it comes from?

Advertisement

#2120 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:07

Schumi Undeterred By Monaco Penalty

Michael Schumacher, refusing to feel hard done by his six place demotion in the Monaco GP for overtaking Fernando Alonso on the last lap under controversial Safety Car conditions, did not sit at home licking his wounds last weekend.

Instead, the seven times champion was busy finishing second in a pair of DMV championship kart races at the Oppenrod circuit!Schumacher, who has always said that his F1 return is more about the fact that he simply misses driving, told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, "The fun aspect of karting is the most important. You don't learn much to help you in F1 but you can do quite a lot of overtaking!" He might have added, without being penalised...

Pat Symonds, Schumacher's Benetton race engineer in the mid nineties, comes down firmly on Micheal's side over the Monaco incident. Symonds, currently absent from the paddock after his role in the '08 Singapore 'Crashgate' affair, is providing F1 race analysis for the British magazine, F1 Racing. In its latest issue Symonds says that his take is that the final lap at Monaco did not finish under the Safety Car but as a racing lap.

"I believe that Ross Brawn and Michael were, as usual, more aware of the regulations than the other teams," Symonds says. "Michael's overtaking manoeuvre was not only legal and justified, but actually what racing was all about."

Link

#2121 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:18

:lol:
Of course; Mercedes are paying MS to destroy them :drunk:

#2122 as65p

as65p

• 17,502 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:19

Link

Looks like someone is paving the way for a comeback, reuniting with his old pals from the nineties.

The thick plottens... BTW, whats Nigel Stepney doing these days?

:p

#2123 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,750 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 18:54

Lauda interviews Schumacher:

Edited by Timstr11, 25 May 2010 - 18:57.

#2124 as65p

as65p

• 17,502 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 19:13

Was shot around Barcelona time, they showed it at german RTL before the race or qualifying, don't remember exactly.

#2125 scarletf12002

scarletf12002

• 77 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 19:41

Was shot around Barcelona time, they showed it at german RTL before the race or qualifying, don't remember exactly.

Always interesting to see programmes from other countries! Can't believe how much of an advert that was for Mercerdes, I know they were a sponsper but it wasn't exactly subtle! I SO love the BBC, they are not always as balanced as they could be but could be worse! Having said that thought it was quite a nice little interview. I thought Michael sounded quite relaxed and modest especially regarding the Redbulls and their drivers. It reminds me that whenever he is interviewed post quali/race he almost always makes sure to congratulate or give credit to the relevent driver for doing well. I suppose it is a luxury he has earned as not constantly worried about putting forward his own agenda, unlike some of the other drivers.

#2126 as65p

as65p

• 17,502 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 19:55

Always interesting to see programmes from other countries! Can't believe how much of an advert that was for Mercerdes, I know they were a sponsper but it wasn't exactly subtle! I SO love the BBC, they are not always as balanced as they could be but could be worse!

At RTL they don't even know the meaning of "subtle".  ;)

#2127 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:27

Seems to be an original; anyway, not bad. I think it might have been Nicky's idea meant simply to secure some privacy, rather than a PR-stunt, although I think I might have seen similar escape a decade or two ago.

When it comes to think of it, Mika H. I think took a (female) reporter also for a ride after a race, and also in MB (but without camera). No appreciation for cinematics whatsoever. ;)

#2128 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,565 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:52

That was fun. All the driveby gawkers were pretty amusing. :)

#2129 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:22

Good stuff,although I think it might have been a bit less cheesy in the original German. Plus without those random shots of dogs.

#2130 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:55

I SO love the BBC, they are not always as balanced as they could be but could be worse!

:rolleyes:

BBC interviews Schumacher...

So Michale how do you rate Hamilton?

How about Button?

How many WDC's so you think Hamilton and Button will win in their careers?

How about Button and Hamilton in the Mclaren this year?

What do you think about the 2010 British GP?

How do you see Cosworth's efforts this year?

#2131 as65p

as65p

• 17,502 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:07

Compared to german RTL, he's absolutely right. I have any recent experience only with RTL and the BBC, and the latter is miles better than the former. Especially this season at RTL, you'll be lucky to catch any soundbites at all form non-german drivers, let alone full-blown interviews of "foreigners".

#2132 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,199 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:17

:rotfl: Good conspiracy theory.

"This includes his moody avoidance of the press, his yelling at Alonso for blocking, etc. "

Moody avoidance of the press? Just because the Schumacher haters of the (mainly British) media - like Darren Heath - say so? Yelling at Alonso? When did he yell? :cat: Sorry, but I will rather believe what I see with my own eyes: which is a relaxed, happy Schumacher who is content with his life and career (and should be). If that pains you so much - well, your problem. I personally think the guy is in a position which only can be envied. (And apparently many people envy him too.)

Of course, he wants to do better and he is working on doing better. He shouldn't be in F1 if he wouldn't want that. And so far I haven't seen Mercedes screwing Rosberg either. Rosberg is doing well since the beginning of the season and Schumacher is improving. I guess it's the later that put you into such a panic and nervous rant about Schumacher.

#2133 scarletf12002

scarletf12002

• 77 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 17:57

Compared to german RTL, he's absolutely right. I have any recent experience only with RTL and the BBC, and the latter is miles better than the former. Especially this season at RTL, you'll be lucky to catch any soundbites at all form non-german drivers, let alone full-blown interviews of "foreigners".

Hey thanks but he is a she! lol :wave:

Also to cheapracer, I think I did say not as balanced as they could be, I agree sometimes they could do with more focus in their questions!

BTW don't you think its interesting how there is now only 2 Main British drivers on the Grid and 5 Germans! It was mainly due to Michael, if wasn't for him I think it would have definitely been more difficult to come through i.e funding, grassroots interest, sponsporship etc. before him I believe there was only one well known German driver?

#2134 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,565 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 18:17

BBC interviews Schumacher...

So Michale how do you rate Hamilton?

How about Button?

How many WDC's so you think Hamilton and Button will win in their careers?

How about Button and Hamilton in the Mclaren this year?

What do you think about the 2010 British GP?

How do you see Cosworth's efforts this year?

:lol: good stuff! :up:

#2135 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,091 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 18:47

The original in German: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

The English links shown above is more of a Mercedes advertisement than the original shown on RTL.
Nice interview, Lauda his usual self, Michael a bit apologetic and uncharacteristically long-winded in his explanations, but cool.

Also remember Niki`s Taxi with Lewis Hamilton from last year: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

It would be interesting to see one with Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel as well...but then Lauda would have to drive a Fiat taxi and a Renault taxi.... :p

Edited by aditya-now, 26 May 2010 - 18:49.

#2136 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 20:07

When it comes to think of it, Mika H. I think took a (female) reporter also for a ride after a race, and also in MB (but without camera). No appreciation for cinematics whatsoever.;)

wasnt his wife a reporter?

#2137 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 23:34

wasnt his wife a reporter?

I am not sure, but that was a British girl, whereas his wife (I am guessing) is of Nordic origin; at least name suggests so.

#2138 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 14:04

Posted Image
Random gif time, and it's a special one and the only time I've seen a driver win a race with four pit stops, superb!

#2139 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 17:27

I am not sure, but that was a British girl, whereas his wife (I am guessing) is of Nordic origin; at least name suggests so.

Mika Häkkinen's ex-wife? She's Finnish. She lives in Monaco with the kids, I heard. Sorry for the off-topic, I won't continue on this path here.

Advertisement

#2140 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:05

Mika Häkkinen's ex-wife? She's Finnish. She lives in Monaco with the kids, I heard. Sorry for the off-topic, I won't continue on this path here.

Ex...? wow; it's part of MS's life as well. They were (are?) good friends with Mika.

#2141 Bleu

Bleu

• 777 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 19:20

Häkkinen's ex-wife was travel agent before they met AFAIK.

#2142 snakeking1

snakeking1

• 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 00:31

Was looking for the funny video of Schumi waving to Massa at Free Practice Istanbul 2010 when trying to see if it was Alonso or Massa.
Could not find the video when I typed "Massa blocking Schumi",...instead I had found some video which is quite entertaining and decided to post it here.

Not sure which race it was (probably Hungary 2006), but I think I showed the difference between the combative nature and aggression of wheel to wheel fight between Schumi vs Massa when trying to block a faster Alonso coming thru in the wet.

Heres the video

#2143 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:20

i think today verifies that MS is continually going forwards.

#2144 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:38

It's funny how fortune changes in such a short time.

In Q2 he was almost out (i don't know how fast his last aborted lap was) and in Q3 he has his best qualy performance this year.

#2145 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 13:00

Here is the Michael Schumacher spinning off into the Turn 8 gravel.

See it before FOM delete it! ;)

#2146 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,854 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 13:07

Here is the Michael Schumacher spinning off into the Turn 8 gravel.

See it before FOM delete it! ;)

Is she saying he did make contact with the barrier? I didn't see that.

#2147 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 13:11

No. As far as I can understand she was saying like thank god he didn't make any contact with the barriers.( Those are not the exact words she said but thats what she meant!)

Edited by merschu, 29 May 2010 - 13:20.

#2148 benedetti

benedetti

• 149 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 13:15

Nope.

#2149 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,199 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 14:21

Good qualy by Michael today. The spin - well, it happens if you take risks.

#2150 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 17:18

i think today verifies that MS is continually going forwards.

Definitely!

His spin was also way more effective than Rascasse '06. :smoking: