Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#201 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:56

I read somewhere that post FP3 changes in his set-up, aimed to improve car further, actually didn't turn positive. I am not sure if and when they can reverse those, mainly because I do not know what was changed.

Advertisement

#202 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:29

wonder if Schumacher will feel as welcome next time having lunch at Ferrari...
better stick to the potatoes and bradwurst for now

#203 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:29

The blocking in qualy story involves Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton - so isn't really done justivce in here. So I've shifted a few posts to here: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=126826

#204 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:50

wonder if Schumacher will feel as welcome next time having lunch at Ferrari...
better stick to the potatoes and bradwurst for now

well if he doesnt then maybe the team should consider how crap they were when the best driver on the grid at the time decided to join then even though ron dennis was showing intrest, even when he was at ferrari dennis still kept showing intrest.

he was more loyal to ferrari than they deserve imo

#205 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 15:21

he was more loyal to ferrari than they deserve imo

The amount he got paid he better have been!

#206 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 19:34

if it was about money, he would have gone to Mclaren in 1999 :rolleyes:

#207 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 19:42

If I be totally honest Michael having a word with Alonso like that is a little underhand, and even possibly slightly embarrassing. I'm not here to bash Schumi and respect the fact he is giving F1 another go, but it's becoming clear he's becoming rather frustrated behind Nico at both weekend's qualifying, and having a word like that to a guy in his former team reinforces that. It's like he's saying... Just remember I made this team what it is today sorta thing, an intense rivalry could from between Alonso and Schumacher, infact it already is after 2006.

#208 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 19:55

I'd think he'd be saying 'don't block me'

#209 VAR1016

VAR1016

• 2,825 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 20:08

If I be totally honest Michael having a word with Alonso like that is a little underhand, and even possibly slightly embarrassing. I'm not here to bash Schumi and respect the fact he is giving F1 another go, but it's becoming clear he's becoming rather frustrated behind Nico at both weekend's qualifying, and having a word like that to a guy in his former team reinforces that. It's like he's saying... Just remember I made this team what it is today sorta thing, an intense rivalry could from between Alonso and Schumacher, infact it already is after 2006.

Underhand? Whatever can you mean?

It was exactly the opposite.

"Behind Nico" - about four hundredths wasn't it? :rolleyes:

#210 Umpire

Umpire

• 788 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 20:09

Well according to the news story, he just asked Alonso whether the team told him on the radio that MS was behind on a fast lap. Don't think it's a big deal really..

#211 Zdeus

Zdeus

• 309 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 20:34

Money and loyalty are different things. There are individuals are are just not loyal whatever the money be. Its a human trait - loyalty.

You think Alonso was paid peanuts at McLaren ?

#212 VoidNT

VoidNT

• 1,561 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 20:54

"Basically on my last try, I was slowed down by him," explained Schumacher about Alonso. "I asked him whether the team had told him [I was on a quick lap] and he said no.

"In a way it is difficult because he was on his in-lap, and he was worrying about other things than maybe watching the mirror. But saying that, we had this chat yesterday in the drivers' briefing that this should be taken care of, and actually he was one of the main guys asking about it.

"I wanted to know if the team had told him or not, and then I had a conversation with Charlie about it because I wanted to know what are the guidelines here – and whether the rules have changed a little bit to what they used to be. I [told Whiting I] need to know what would you be okay with, and what not."

When asked about Hamilton in Q2, Schumacher added: "I had a similar issue with Lewis, that he was adapting his lap and preparing his lap and blocking me in a way – which is not very nice.

"If you sit behind, you are trying your best, which I am doing at the moment, and then somebody slows you down, it is not very comfortable."

Amazing rant. Schumacher shows the first signs of cracking under pressure?

Yes, Michael. You're not a top dog nowadays. There is no your faithful fan Mosley in power anymore, always ready to bend the rules in proper way to satisfy your hunger for success. And the new star drivers with better cars do not want to show respect for you, same as you during your winning days.

Maybe it's just your turn to be on a receiving end, Michael?

#213 Jan.W

Jan.W

• 169 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 21:00

Amazing rant. Schumacher shows the first signs of cracking under pressure?

Yes, Michael. You're not a top dog nowadays. There is no your faithful fan Mosley in power anymore, always ready to bend the rules in proper way to satisfy your hunger for success. And the new star drivers with better cars do not want to show respect for you, same as you during your winning days.

Maybe it's just your turn to be on a receiving end, Michael?

Oh man, shut up. :rolleyes:

He has the right to ask some clarifications after his flying lap being ruined twice in the same quali, does he?

#214 brakedistance

brakedistance

• 146 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 21:47

MS upset about blocking?

All good Karma for the disgrace that was the Schumacher "chop" into the first corner.

Amazing how anyone who has lowered the on-track ethics as much as he did has the nads to criticise others.

#215 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 21:52

To go up to Alonso like that fully well knowing the media would be there and know it'd appear to look like a ticking off... Yes, it's underhand, he should have spoke to him behind closed doors if he had an issue, not go up to him like that in his face infront of the media.. The guy just seems frustrated if I be honest.

Edited by intothepits, 27 March 2010 - 21:53.

#216 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 21:59

Schimacher should not b a wan33er! i know that he is ust starting from such low grid position, but we also know what he did at Rascaasse Monaco. Jus keep his head down and try to get on with new Formula One!

Schmi, do your best. I mean it. Just shut up and try to run quicker.

Edited by One, 27 March 2010 - 22:06.

#217 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:03

To go up to Alonso like that fully well knowing the media would be there and know it'd appear to look like a ticking off... Yes, it's underhand, he should have spoke to him behind closed doors if he had an issue, not go up to him like that in his face infront of the media.. The guy just seems frustrated if I be honest.

:rotfl: :down:

Nice try. What MS did was appropriate, if he felt he was purposely blocked. He has every right to question Alonso publicly, and he should if he feels like it.

Give me a ****ing break!

#218 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:08

:rotfl: :down:

Nice try. What MS did was appropriate, if he felt he was purposely blocked. He has every right to question Alonso publicly, and he should if he feels like it.

Give me a ****ing break!

Still his act is not that cool. He is completely out paced by his team mate. What different does it make to go complain about how Alonso drove like that?

Remember, Alonso complained on TV at Monza about how Massa drove. Schumi is not on the same league.

#219 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:16

No it's not about 'trying' to somehow have a go at Schumacher, I've got all the respect for the guy in this years championship.

It's just as I saw it, it just wasn't a very cool move.

Advertisement

#220 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:18

i like that new "cracking under pressure?" approach!

lets face it: schumacher was past his prime in 2006, and his comeback at the age of 41 might not help his legacy which is already mostly based on stats.

looking at his openly displayed antics concerning rosberg (car-number, overruling choice of garage), whose record consists of being "fridays fastest", and todays media-hyped complaint that hamilton and alonso "blocked" him, i do see some kind of desperation in his behaviour.

i very much doubt we will see him fulfilling his three year contract.

Edited by TenienteX, 27 March 2010 - 22:19.

#221 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:27

Is it?

If I were the Team Owner of Brawn, I rather choose nick to drive Michael's car.

#222 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:29

I thought all drivers moaned when they get blocked in quali. Regardless of who he is or what he has done in the past, he has every entitlement to be unhappy if he feels he has been hampered on his hot-lap by another driver. If people think that he should be allowed to be blocked or hampered in quali because of 1 stupid mistake and whoever blocks him should get away scott free has double standards.

#223 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:33

Still his act is not that cool. He is completely out paced by his team mate. What different does it make to go complain about how Alonso drove like that?

Remember, Alonso complained on TV at Monza about how Massa drove. Schumi is not on the same league.

Completely out paced? :rotfl: Not on the same league? Yes you are correct, Alonso will likely never achieve what MS has so far. :rotfl:

Nice balanced critique! :rolleyes:

#224 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:34

I thought all drivers moaned when they get blocked in quali. Regardless of who he is or what he has done in the past, he has every entitlement to be unhappy if he feels he has been hampered on his hot-lap by another driver. If people think that he should be allowed to be blocked or hampered in quali because of 1 stupid mistake and whoever blocks him should get away scott free has double standards.

Wow! Rational post! :eek: :up:

#225 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:35

Is it?

If I were the Team Owner of Brawn, I rather choose nick to drive Michael's car.

Why, because Schumacher is doing a solid job and has improved from the first race? :rolleyes:

Edited by Menace, 27 March 2010 - 22:35.

#226 One

One

• 6,527 posts

:up:

I am more focused on how he does that.

Michael Schumacher sitting in the Ferrari accommodation.

He is out paced by his team mate.

Then he complains.

It is just not great.

Michael is a great champion. I want him to show how great he is.

#227 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Why, because Schumacher is doing a solid job and has improved from the first race? :rolleyes:

Far from it.

#228 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:37

Far from it.

Really? Says you? Please explain, because to most observers Schumacher is doing a great job and is already nearly matching his much younger teammate.

:rolleyes:

#229 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:39

Really? Says you? Please explain, because to most observers Schumacher is doing a great job and is already nearly matching his much younger teammate.

Recall what q position e had at Bahrain?

#230 P123

P123

• 8,708 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:40

Nearly matching his younger teammate wasn't what the pre-season hype was....... and I recall even last year many fans on the forum predicting a triumphant podium finish return in Valencia, showing these supposed overrrated young guns how it's done. Have people just adjusted their expectations after these first two qualis?

#231 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:42

Nearly matching his younger teammate wasn't what the pre-season hype was....... and I recall even last year many fans on the forum predicting a triumphant podium finish return in Valencia, showing these supposed overrrated young guns how it's done. Have people just adjusted their expectations after these first two qualis?

Michael q-ed 7th at Bahrain. In Au Michael q-ed also 7th.

#232 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:43

nearly everything on track is recorded nowadays, up to the point of a "schumi-channel" on german sky. and i do wonder why we have no footage of that incident up to now.

the only thing we have got is schumacher complaining prominently.

#233 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:44

Recall what q position e had at Bahrain?

It was his first Q session in nearly 4 years. :rolleyes: And he was not "completely out paced" by his teammate, as they finished right behind each other in the race, and he was basically just as quick in todays Q despite being blocked. :rolleyes:

So, do you actually have a solid argument or are you expecting Schumacher to dominate the field and his young but experienced teammate? If this rate of progress continues, I have no doubt the two will continue pushing each other further. Schumacer has been quite surprise for me anyways, as I didn't expect him to get up to speed quite this fast. :up: Only a fool would have expected him to beat Nico from race one, given all the circumstances.

#234 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:45

Fans or fanboys? Cause a realist' like me said all along they expect Rosberg to have the upper hand early on, due to Michael sitting out of the sport for 3+ years. :wave:

#235 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:46

you mean that unproven "friday-champ" rosberg, in last years championship winning car provided to him by ross brawn?

#236 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:47

Michael q-ed 7th at Bahrain. In Au Michael q-ed also 7th.

5 hundredths of a second behind his teammate, even though he was blocked. :lol: Horrible performance indeed!

#237 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:49

you mean that unproven "friday-champ" rosberg, in last years championship winning car provided to him by ross brawn?

Yes because to all neutral observers Mercedes is clearly a match for Red Bull and Ferrari, right? :rotfl: I mean, otherwise you don't have a point at all.

Nice try.

Next!!! :rotfl:

#238 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:53

I am more focused on how he does that.

Michael Schumacher sitting in the Ferrari accommodation.

He is out paced by his team mate.

Then he complains.

It is just not great.

Michael is a great champion. I want him to show how great he is.

He is a 7 time champ...he doesn't give a flying crap what you think...

#239 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:53

Yes because to all neutral observers Mercedes is clearly a match for Red Bull and Ferrari, right? :rotfl: I mean, otherwise you don't have a point at all.

Nice try.

Next!!! :rotfl:

obviously it is not. despite the reported dreamteam including genius-brawn and unbeatable-schumacher.

what we have is a 7-time champ struggling to match rosberg despite all those fancy in-team politics, way of the leading teams pace.

Advertisement

#240 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:55

nearly everything on track is recorded nowadays, up to the point of a "schumi-channel" on german sky. and i do wonder why we have no footage of that incident up to now.

the only thing we have got is schumacher complaining prominently.

FOM haven't released the footage? :rolleyes:

#241 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 22:56

obviously it is not. despite the reported dreamteam including genius-brawn and unbeatable-schumacher.

what we have is a 7-time champ struggling to match rosberg despite all those fancy in-team politics, way of the leading teams pace.

Firstly, the "dream team" hasn't had much time to mature together, now have them?

Secondly, simply your mention of "fancy in-team politics" accusation is laughable at best. But thank's for actually proving nothing, and showing your true colors. :clap:

#242 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:10

car-number, overruling choice of garage...

petty politics at its best.

#243 VAR1016

VAR1016

• 2,825 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:13

Read the post three above yours...

"Struggling" :rolleyes: :rotfl:

#244 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:17

FOM haven't released the footage? :rolleyes:

so why do you think the FOM did not release it up to now?

#245 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:36

Because they dont unless it is either televised at the time which is down to the production team of the race or unless it is for misdemeanors that have been penalised or other types of incidents. Do you really think that they would release this? They will have checked out the fotage themselves and said sorry Michael you had enough room.

I dont know if you know this but there has been a lot of complaints regarding drivers holding other drivers up at this race this weekend. Michael isn't the only one to complain. It got picked up because he is Michael Schumacher. Had it have been Sutil nobody would have blinked an eyelid.

#246 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:39

Oooh ooh I know!!!!

They are unfairly supportive of the "FIArrari" and their #1 driver Alonso, that gets special treatment and all the team politics swing his way!

:rotfl:

Edited by Menace, 27 March 2010 - 23:39.

#247 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:41

Because they dont unless it is either televised at the time which is down to the production team of the race or unless it is for misdemeanors that have been penalised or other types of incidents. Do you really think that they would release this? They will have checked out the fotage themselves and said sorry Michael you had enough room.

I dont know if you know this but there has been a lot of complaints regarding drivers holding other drivers up at this race this weekend. Michael isn't the only one to complain. It got picked up because he is Michael Schumacher. Had it have been Sutil nobody would have blinked an eyelid.

...and it is fiercely denied only because the perpetrator was certain Fernando Alonso.

Edited by Menace, 27 March 2010 - 23:43.

#248 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 00:01

...and it is fiercely denied only because the perpetrator was certain Fernando Alonso.

I'm a Ferrari fan. FA was not the only person involved, the other was Lewis. I was still sticking up for Michael due to the principle of it. If it cant be helped thn so be it. If a driver feels that he was unfairly hindered then no matter who he is or who it was that blocked him, he still has every right to be upset about it.

Lets face it, he has been out for 3 years. There have been massive changes since he left. The cars are totally diferrent, the rules are diferrent and the competitors are different. He is doing a brilliant job considering. By the end of the race in Bahrain he was lapping faster than Nico. He was a lot further off the pace in quali too. The gap now is virtuallt negligable. Regardless of his 7 titles, he in theory should not be that close to his teammate that quickly. Especially someone who is so highly rated.

So its either,

a) there are a lot of politics at Merc

or

b) Michael is as good as people say he was (and it looks like he still is)

#249 Menace

Menace

• 12,395 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 00:26

I'm a Ferrari fan. FA was not the only person involved, the other was Lewis. I was still sticking up for Michael due to the principle of it. If it cant be helped thn so be it. If a driver feels that he was unfairly hindered then no matter who he is or who it was that blocked him, he still has every right to be upset about it.

Lets face it, he has been out for 3 years. There have been massive changes since he left. The cars are totally diferrent, the rules are diferrent and the competitors are different. He is doing a brilliant job considering. By the end of the race in Bahrain he was lapping faster than Nico. He was a lot further off the pace in quali too. The gap now is virtuallt negligable. Regardless of his 7 titles, he in theory should not be that close to his teammate that quickly. Especially someone who is so highly rated.

So its either,

a) there are a lot of politics at Merc

or

b) Michael is as good as people say he was (and it looks like he still is)

I vote for B!

#250 B747

B747

• 1,315 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:31

I vote for B!

Me also