• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#2551 Snuggie

Snuggie

• 71 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:03

well.
im watching FP2 now. and even im a diehard schumi fan. i must admit it for all
schumi is dead slow comparing to Nico...
i wonder if his contract is based in developing task.
cause i cant imagine that two drivers could be that diferents at same machinery!!!
go schumi go... even you didnt beat nico... do something decent

Yeah he is soooooooooo slow, it's so sad because he has always been fast at Valencia. :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#2552 warmandog

warmandog

• 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:09

Yeah he is soooooooooo slow, it's so sad because he has always been fast at Valencia. :rolleyes:

At Valencia... !!!!
at this track??
where have you been the last 5 f1 season?
this is the first ever try from schumi at this track!
please reconsider you post please..
but its okay..
indeed schumi is dead slow.
we only can be satisficed as he is a top ten..
and from my side.. its okay

regards

#2553 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:17

Not bad on full tanks.

#2554 warmandog

warmandog

• 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:23

Not bad on full tanks.

Full tanks... ??
where did you get that info?

#2555 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:26

Full tanks... ??
where did you get that info?

It doesn't take half a brain to realize that they're all running high fuel loads, when all of the drivers are running 3-4 seconds off their fastest laps.

Don't forget that Michael didn't have a second shot on a fast lap. He pulled straight into the pits on his outlap.

#2556 warmandog

warmandog

• 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:33

It doesn't take half a brain to realize that they're all running high fuel loads, when all of the drivers are running 3-4 seconds off their fastest laps.

Don't forget that Michael didn't have a second shot on a fast lap. He pulled straight into the pits on his outlap.

okay excuse cause of my ignorance.
just wanted to clarify it.
well hope to see him batling for points

regards

#2557 jack_rabbit

jack_rabbit

• 170 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:42

Schum should retire before it was too late for him or the others !

#2558 Sof1

Sof1

• 607 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 14:41

Italians and their websites are as reliable as their hopes of winning the soccer world cup this year :rotfl:

#2559 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,819 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 14:44

I hope Schumi does well this weekend.

Edited by Watkins74, 25 June 2010 - 14:46.

Advertisement

#2560 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 14:46

I think Schumi will have problems in Valencia... It s stop and go character is quite similar to Montreal s and he has even no previous experiencies with the Spanish track... Rosberg looked to me much stronger on Friday... This season was Schumacher quick on tracks with high speed corners like Istanbul or Barcelona, so he should do well also in Spa, Silverstone or Suzuka...

Edited by marcoferrari, 25 June 2010 - 14:49.

#2561 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:09

At Valencia... !!!!
at this track??
where have you been the last 5 f1 season?
this is the first ever try from schumi at this track!
please reconsider you post please..
but its okay..
indeed schumi is dead slow.
we only can be satisficed as he is a top ten..
and from my side.. its okay

regards

I think Snuggie was just being sarcastic there.

Anyway-these two sessions were Schumi's first ever laps at this circuit: if I'm not wrong he's the only driver on the entire grid to never have driven at Valencia,let alone raced,in any car-GP2 or F1. A second off isn't bad at all,I doubt he's even found the limit at some of the corners yet. :lol:

Certainly for Mercedes this isn't enough,but it's early days yet. I'm certain he'll beat Rosberg in the race (as usual). Wondering what piece of unnecessary bad luck will bring his efforts down this time,though....puncture,loose tyres,amateurs running into him at the start, overly ambitious tyre strategies-we'll see.

#2562 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:29

I'm certain he'll beat Rosberg in the race (as usual).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#2563 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,400 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:32

Nigel Roebuck was not impressed with his tactics in Canada. :down:

#2564 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:37

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey cheapo,how often this season have you seen MS jump ahead of NR at the start only to have a problem spoil it later on in the race?

#2565 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:42

Hey cheapo,how often this season have you seen MS jump ahead of NR at the start only to have a problem spoil it later on in the race?

How often this season have you seen MS starting from the clean side while Rosberg from dirty grid position?

#2566 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:43

Canada, where Rosbergs start was ruined by others colliding in front of him. Thankfully the normal order was resumed when schumacher drove idiotically against kubica later on.
I dont remember if he was ahead at australia when alonso rammed him. But Rosberg was faster in any case.
Thats it

But I also remember schumacer holding up Rosberg at both turkey and at monaco.

#2567 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:52

Canada, where Rosbergs start was ruined by others colliding in front of him. Thankfully the normal order was resumed when schumacher drove idiotically against kubica later on.
I dont remember if he was ahead at australia when alonso rammed him. But Rosberg was faster in any case.
Thats it

He bettered Rosberg at Australia,Spain,Monaco,Turkey (where he overtook him on the outside,IIRC),and Canada. That's 5 of 8 races so far,who're you kidding? If he wasn't qualifying ahead he would barge through at the race,you can't blame Schumacher for Rosberg's inability to overtake aggressively or get a clean start.

#2568 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:59

He bettered Rosberg at Australia,Spain,Monaco,Turkey (where he overtook him on the outside,IIRC),and Canada. That's 5 of 8 races so far,who're you kidding? If he wasn't qualifying ahead he would barge through at the race,you can't blame Schumacher for Rosberg's inability to overtake aggressively or get a clean start.

Australia - clean side, better traction in wet condition
Spain - he was ahead of Rosberg on the start already
Monaco - he started from the inside position, much better in Monaco
Turkey - he was already ahead of Rosberg and clean side
Canada - Rosberg was blocked at the start

#2569 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 16:04

Seems he can't get over the FAIR spormanship they use at Mercedes GP...

:eek:

Edited by Frans, 25 June 2010 - 16:04.

#2570 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 16:06

Australia - clean side, better traction in wet condition
Spain - he was ahead of Rosberg on the start already
Monaco - he started from the inside position, much better in Monaco
Turkey - he was already ahead of Rosberg and clean side
Canada - Rosberg was blocked at the start

Just reads like a string of excuses,to be honest. I doubt every single driver that's started on the dirty side this season has lost places at the start. Like I said,you cannot blame MS for Rosberg's problems or if he isn't aggressive enough. Racecraft still lacking compared to Michael's.

I've nothing against Nico,mind you,but I do think Schumacher's done a much better job than the results he's got to show for it.

#2571 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 16:25

Thats it

Funnily enough, I remember the live timing data that said Rosberg couldn't get near him at either Turkey or Monaco. He got close, but never within a second and at any point, that gap could be widened out to 3 to 4 seconds.

#2572 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 16:26

Just reads like a string of excuses,to be honest.

Just a small explanation.

I doubt every single driver that's started on the dirty side this season has lost places at the start.

In Monaco sure, there's a big advantage starting on inside to the first corner. As you already know, starting from 6th isn't better on some tracks to 7th position. Monaco is a good example. You can sometimes see drivers often struggling on the dirty grid position.

Like I said,you cannot blame MS for Rosberg's problems or if he isn't aggressive enough. Racecraft still lacking compared to Michael's.

Strange to see 50 points more for Rosberg actually. Looks like Schumachers racecraft isn't good enough yet. In fact, Rosberg is the better driver this year for now. That's why he is better in most Quali sessions/race.

Funnily enough, I remember the live timing data that said Rosberg couldn't get near him at either Turkey or Monaco. He got close, but never within a second and at any point, that gap could be widened out to 3 to 4 seconds.

Rosberg was faster in turkey race according to him. He slowed down to increase the gap to MS (in case for rain and additional stopp) and later he closed the gap easily to a second. Have you ever heard of dirty air behind other cars? At some point you cannot get closer, at least with a similar car.

Edited by rog, 25 June 2010 - 16:29.

#2573 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 16:36

Strange to see 50 points more for Rosberg actually. Looks like Schumachers racecraft isn't good enough yet. In fact, Rosberg is the better driver this year for now. That's why he is better in most Quali sessions/race.

My point is that he's lost most of those points because of unnecessary problems,without which he would've been higher up in the standings. An accident in Oz,wheel nuts coming loose at Malaysia,punctures,making an extra pitstop and running around for 40 laps on the softer compound at Canada,being penalized unfairly at Monaco-could you really compare this sort of bad luck to Rosberg's problems which,according to you,consist mainly of starting on the dirty side and poor traction off the line? Excellent racecraft consists also of defending against much quicker cars the way MS did in Barcelona,not losing the lead by making unforced errors.

#2574 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 16:45

Rosberg hadn't have abysmal race contrary to Schumacher's several. That's all in racecraft case.

Edited by korzeniow, 25 June 2010 - 16:46.

#2575 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 17:27

It takes a driver of Schumacher's skill and experience about 10 laps to learn a new circuit, the rest is refinement and tidying up the loose bits.

#2576 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 20:23

Oh I underatand that but my argument is his position out of turn 1.

So your argument for not believing he would have finished ahead of rosberg without the first corner incident is his position after turn 1? Interesting :smoking:

#2577 Bleu

Bleu

• 806 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 20:26

Anyway-these two sessions were Schumi's first ever laps at this circuit: if I'm not wrong he's the only driver on the entire grid to never have driven at Valencia,let alone raced,in any car-GP2 or F1. A second off isn't bad at all,I doubt he's even found the limit at some of the corners yet. :lol:

de la Rosa and Liuzzi as well AFAIK.

#2578 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 20:53

Rosberg hadn't have abysmal race contrary to Schumacher's several. That's all in racecraft case.

So finishing last in Barcelona wasn't a bad result?

#2579 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 21:25

So finishing last in Barcelona wasn't a bad result?

He wasn't last and the 13th place was a result of a team mistake on Rosbergs stopp and of course Kubicas move to push him out of track. This one race make no difference overall. We could mention for every driver bad races or mistakes. Look to Alonso, he did several big mistakes this year. But despite that most people know he is still a great driver. It speaks for itself that some people trying to search some rarely weak moments for Rosberg this year to discredit him and to distract on Schumachers disappointing season so far. Surely I'm not suprised this people often have a Schumacher signature. Good example here.

Edited by rog, 25 June 2010 - 21:38.

Advertisement

#2580 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 21:39

He wasn't last and the 13th place was a result of a team mistake on Rosbergs stopp and of course Kubicas move to push him out of track.

so its only kubicas fault when its not schumacher ?

kubica has been reckless and over agressive a few times before the schumacher incident which people seem to forget unless its to defend anyone who isnt schumacher

#2581 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 21:41

so its only kubicas fault when its not schumacher ?

kubica has been reckless and over agressive a few times before the schumacher incident which people seem to forget unless its to defend anyone who isnt schumacher

Where I told it was Kubicas fault when it's not Schumacher?

#2582 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 22:58

He wasn't last and the 13th place was a result of a team mistake on Rosbergs stopp and of course Kubicas move to push him out of track. This one race make no difference overall. We could mention for every driver bad races or mistakes. Look to Alonso, he did several big mistakes this year. But despite that most people know he is still a great driver. It speaks for itself that some people trying to search some rarely weak moments for Rosberg this year to discredit him and to distract on Schumachers disappointing season so far. Surely I'm not suprised this people often have a Schumacher signature. Good example here.

He was 13th, hamilton was 14th and he ended up with 3 wheels so I would think that he was last!
I am not trying to discredit Rosberg, I think he has had a great season(certainly better than Schumacher) but I dispute the idea that Schumacher has had bad races due to bad racecraft. Like Rosberg in Spain it was down to a number of issues some which were outside of Schumachers control.

#2583 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 23:53

Frans: Bookmarked :up:

I wouldn´t think it impossible - the developements surrounding Schumacher are gaining momentum.
Where there is smoke there is fire.

#2584 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:26

Rosberg was faster in turkey race according to him. He slowed down to increase the gap to MS (in case for rain and additional stopp) and later he closed the gap easily to a second. Have you ever heard of dirty air behind other cars? At some point you cannot get closer, at least with a similar car.

And Rosberg was wrong. He had an extra lap to jump Michael and couldn't do it, and then after the Webber Vettel crash, Schumacher left him for dead going after Webber. The whole time Michael was controlling the pace.

#2585 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:29

I think Schumi will have problems in Valencia... It s stop and go character is quite similar to Montreal s and he has even no previous experiencies with the Spanish track... Rosberg looked to me much stronger on Friday... This season was Schumacher quick on tracks with high speed corners like Istanbul or Barcelona, so he should do well also in Spa, Silverstone or Suzuka...

I think you could be right, but I think also Schuey's race pace should be ok, it's getting the soft tyres to work for qualifying which is the main issue, Schuey hasn't used softs much this year, coming into a new team at christmas with no testing, I generally think the car was not born to be punished in the Schumacher displays of the past, this is a more jenson button smooth on the tyres type car with restricted set up options for that livery rear end Schuey likes to implement in his set ups. I think Michael on tracks like Spain, Monaco, Turkey(which has some corners similar to Spa)can work out his style and find a set up on those tracks for this car, but in terms of all the tracks for soft tyres especially, something clearly wrong there, and I don't think Michael with the team have the time to sort that out this year, but for next year-along with new tyre company, Schuey will have a better chance with the team to get his style of driving working consistently at all tracks, because he should be able to use soft tyres without worrying about them going off quick. Generally this years rules and car will give Rosberg a less harder time, and it shows, but Michael's soft tyre issues can 't go on to the following seasons, it has to be sorted out, because he is losing qualifying speed, yet at Spain he was totally at home as usual, and similar again in Turkey/Monaco. Valencia is a new track-but its this soft tyre issue that's consistent problem this year, Schumacher has to work harder for this season especially to get his usual and 91 wins driving style to work at tracks, Rosberg hasn't won a race yet, and Schumacher hasn't gotten the best out of himself on all tracks, but he is also thinking long term to solve issues going into next year and the year after.

I predict Schumacher to have qualifying speed issues due to soft tyres not working for him, but his race pace will be and should be good. The team just don't have the freedom Schuey enjoyed at ferrari with those testing rules, otherwise Michael would of been testing endlessly, and I'm sure the car would be different to utilise those soft tyres, it's clearly more natural for rosberg to be on the limit with them, I'm sure Brawn, Schuey and the team knows that the best of Schuey couldn't be timed for this year, but there still trying, and tracks like Spa/Suzuka will elevate the old Schuey to use his style from the past, but for some tracks he's still driving with too much care for caution because ultimately the car was born for Button who left the team, and Schuey/Button are miles apart in driving style. That said it says alot for Schuey to still perform at Spain/Monaco/Turlkey/races where things went right and showed the potential that was written off for him previously, smart f1 fans know the real Schumacher was back at these races, ultimatly denied big prizes had that mercedes been a winning car, maybe we would of saw some wins from Schuey and Rosberg now.

But again consistency on the soft tyres this year, it's where Rosberg has the main advantage, but will that last into next year and the year after, once Schumacter can apply his Spain/Turkey set ups to all tracks like he did in the past, then Schuey will truely be on top of things, it's the time taken to get there that will throw people off and write him off, it's a unique return to the sport with challenges that were not always going to play out in one season back after 3 years out, but that's the expectations talking. Jenson Button doesn't seem good anymore now Hamilton is on a role, Rosberg an't done anything in his career to be compared to Schuey just yet, Schuey's come back is work in progress still and alot of people have different ideas and dates/races to when they think MS is back, but he is back, but in terms of consistently back, difficult to tell, but he can't be written off either, as this sports about details, and we don't know all the details technically behind the scenes, so all of us are in the dark until Schuey starts winning again and everyone looks like fools again. His comeback is not instant success, but that's not to say that the comeback will not reap more rewards later this year or next year, 3 decades of f1, 3 decades of rule changing/adapting. Schumacher's biggest rival this year is his own past success and expectations, easy to speak now and write him off after practice sessions, but difficult to speak in a future time from now when he's winning and gets that mercedes title, you'll look back on this season and maybe understand the challenges of a comeback, a new team, new era, new rules etc etc MS is on a totally different time frame and has set goals for his mercedes stint.

Edited by SeanValen, 26 June 2010 - 08:02.

#2586 Bleu

Bleu

• 806 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:57

He was 13th, hamilton was 14th and he ended up with 3 wheels so I would think that he was last!
I am not trying to discredit Rosberg, I think he has had a great season(certainly better than Schumacher) but I dispute the idea that Schumacher has had bad races due to bad racecraft. Like Rosberg in Spain it was down to a number of issues some which were outside of Schumachers control.

Rosberg 13th, Hamilton 14th (DNF), Liuzzi 15th (DNF), Hülkenberg 16th, Trulli 17th, Glock 18th and di Grassi 19th.

#2587 Sof1

Sof1

• 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:27

OMG i thought Schumi was not gonna make it, that was close Q1. WTH is going on?!

#2588 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:34

OMG i thought Schumi was not gonna make it, that was close Q1. WTH is going on?!

They said his car keeps pulling to one side.

#2589 Sof1

Sof1

• 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:39

Twitter: sarahholtf1: Confirmation from pit-lane boffin Ted Kravitz on Schumacher's problems. He says his car was pulling to the left. Should be fixed now

#2590 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:47

No point even having a go at him for this. Rosbergs times were just as bad. Mercedes better have their stuff sorted for silverstone.

#2591 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:10

No point even having a go at him for this. Rosbergs times were just as bad.

No they weren't. Rosberg was 0.6secs faster than MS which is a huge gap.

#2592 Sof1

Sof1

• 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:19

Schu can't seem to able to set this car up to his liking whatsoever. Whatever he attempts turns out to be the wrong thing, I can imagine his frustration at driving this car.

Also, too bad Nico's statement about the car being closer to rivals is turning out to be another one of his fake positive declarations.

#2593 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:22

Michael said he have problem with brakes. Car was going to the right. Team was thinking that they have problem with servo.

Edited by ivand911, 26 June 2010 - 13:24.

#2594 Sof1

Sof1

• 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:24

Good thing the world cup is on. I can't watch Schu suffer like this anymore.

#2595 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:26

Schu can't seem to able to set this car up to his liking whatsoever. Whatever he attempts turns out to be the wrong thing, I can imagine his frustration at driving this car.

Also, too bad Nico's statement about the car being closer to rivals is turning out to be another one of his fake positive declarations.

Talking to please the fat a$$ bosses will not make the car better.
MS said the car is not good already after the winter tests, but they silenced him.

#2596 man

man

• 1,302 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:39

The writing is on the wall. M Schumacher of 2010 seems like the Rene Arnoux of 1989. Usually involved in something controversial when wheel to wheel with other cars, oldest man competing, and generally just a bit too slow for the competition. Was fast back in the day but...time to move on...nothing to see here.

#2597 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 14:04

is the fork out or we wait to Silverstone?

#2598 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 14:10

And Rosberg was wrong. He had an extra lap to jump Michael and couldn't do it, and then after the Webber Vettel crash, Schumacher left him for dead going after Webber. The whole time Michael was controlling the pace.

No I (and Rosberg) meant after the pitstop and of course Schumachers strategy was better, the driver who stops earlier can use new tyres and is faster. You are wrong.

#2599 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 15:36

Did he ever qualified in the top three of the fastest Germans this season so far?

5th fastst German on the grid, the 8th row is together like 80 years old, older than F1 in total, :rotfl: (Schumi & de la Rosa)

hmmm. Kubica knocking on the Merc door, I don't think he (Robert) even does wanna go there, he get's a nice fitting Renault this season to blow next season a nice Renault-thingy again.;)

interesting interesting, what could he pull out of his red helmet this race?

Advertisement

#2600 Snuggie

Snuggie

• 71 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 16:00

what could he pull out of his red helmet this race?

A few incidents.
So you will have all the reasons to get drunk. :rotfl: