Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#2801 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 14:42

That says it all really.

Of course.... Except that the whole exciting thing is debatable and that we are talking about F1 and a second rate series. JV is more than welcome back in F1 though.

Edited by Diablobb81, 02 July 2010 - 14:42.

Advertisement

#2802 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,205 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 23:54

in a club race? :)

Well, I remember Michael Schumacher flopping around the course of a motorcycle club race like an overripe plum.
I prefer Jacques driving in the Nationwide "clubrace" at Road America.

Jacques is at least hitting the headlines for all the right reasons.

That says it all really.

THAT says it all really.

#2803 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 23:58

If Michael was a no name rookie this year, everyone would be saying this guy sucks, get him out of there, Nakajima was better.

#2804 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,455 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 00:20

If Michael was a no name rookie this year, everyone would be saying this guy sucks, get him out of there, Nakajima was better.

If Rosberg was a no name rookie this year they'd be close to saying the same thing.

#2805 superstring

superstring

• 265 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 00:33

Of course.... Except that the whole exciting thing is debatable and that we are talking about F1 and a second rate series. JV is more than welcome back in F1 though.

I'm gaining more appreciation for NASCAR, after being a serious detractor for years. These days I see it as a DIFFERENT series that requires a DIFFERENT skill set from F1. And, jeez, it sure is a lot more fan-friendly than F1!

I wonder how Michael would fare in NASCAR?

Edited by superstring, 03 July 2010 - 18:54.

#2806 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:20

THAT says it all really.

yeap
jacques is great in a2nd hand series. good for him. there is a topic for that, again good for him. he may even become a club driver champion or something, get free burgers for a month etc.
he has offered his services for f1 quite for a while. nobody is really intereted in him, wonder why...

#2807 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:46

I'm gaining more appreciation for NASCAR, after being a serious detractor for years. These days I see it as a DIFFERENT series that requires a DIFFERENT skill set from F1. And, jeez, it sure is a lot more fan-friendly than F1! I wonder how Michael would fare in NASCAR?

because u see one video of him walking past a spoilt brat at a testing session?

like any other famous person sometimes they arent in the mood other times they are but i guess you just ignore the shanghai video where he gets back out of the ferrari he steps into and goes to sign a bunch of autographs.... :rolleyes:

Edited by arknor, 03 July 2010 - 01:46.

#2808 superstring

superstring

• 265 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:54

because u see one video of him walking past a spoilt brat at a testing session?

like any other famous person sometimes they arent in the mood other times they are but i guess you just ignore the shanghai video where he gets back out of the ferrari he steps into and goes to sign a bunch of autographs.... :rolleyes:

Sorry about that; I should have started a new paragraph.

#2809 jimm

jimm

• 3,228 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:52

How about this for an opening lap at Canada from 8th to 3rd in a lap and a half:

#2810 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,579 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:41

Here is the start of the Valencia GP by Schumi, when he moved up from 15th to 11th place on the 1st lap.

Superb clip. Most enjoyable :up:

#2811 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 15:46

haha exactly, superb post. :up:

Spot the difference.

I know JV did all that in a NASCAR road race but geez...let me tell ya this -

I'd love to see Schumacher take on Villeneuve on an oval, be it in an IndyCar or NASCAR.

That would be spot the difference ... or maybe more like spot the mugging :lol:

#2812 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 15:48

yeap
jacques is great in a2nd hand series. good for him. there is a topic for that, again good for him. he may even become a club driver champion or something, get free burgers for a month etc.
he has offered his services for f1 quite for a while. nobody is really intereted in him, wonder why...

Sorry did Jacques say somewhere he'd race in F1 for any team?

If he did, let us know where we can find it.

#2813 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 17:28

he was so desperate he tried to get in that team that didnt make it i cant even remember the name anymore.

he had his seat measured and everything...

#2814 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,844 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 17:39

I know JV did all that in a NASCAR road race but geez...let me tell ya this -

I'd love to see Schumacher take on Villeneuve on an oval, be it in an IndyCar or NASCAR.

That would be spot the difference ... or maybe more like spot the mugging :lol:

That's like saying I'd love to see Villeneuve play football against Schumacher. Spot the mugging. Villeneuve doesn't play football...

It's like saying I'd love to see Schumacher sing crappy French songs...;)

Schumacher has absolutely zero interest in oval racing or NASCAR or anything like that your statement is completely meaningless.

#2815 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:06

That's like saying I'd love to see Villeneuve play football against Schumacher. Spot the mugging. Villeneuve doesn't play football...

It's like saying I'd love to see Schumacher sing crappy French songs...;)

Schumacher has absolutely zero interest in oval racing or NASCAR or anything like that your statement is completely meaningless.

It was a wind-up chap, having a laugh. :p

That said, I compared apples with apples (motor racing). Football and singing? Err...no.  ;)

#2816 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:09

he was so desperate he tried to get in that team that didnt make it i cant even remember the name anymore.

he had his seat measured and everything...

Stefan GP? Yeah JV was in there had the team been granted the spot it should have been. With the Toyotas...

A better bet than the backmarker teams? You bet. Most likely would have ended up a better bet than the Mercedes and Williams also if you believe the word on the street. Shame eh.

#2817 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:22

did you hear any team talking about hiring him?
other than the 2 great ones usf1/stefangp......and usf1 wouldn't have had him...

point is he did a great start in that race, he is enjoying himself there, he's good there...but stop it here
comparing it to an f1 race is laughable. he is a "has been" in f1 already, kind of too bad bad that's life

#2818 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,844 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:23

Stefan GP? Yeah JV was in there had the team been granted the spot it should have been. With the Toyotas...

A better bet than the backmarker teams? You bet. Most likely would have ended up a better bet than the Mercedes and Williams also if you believe the word on the street. Shame eh.

I hope that's a wind up too ;)

#2819 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,898 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:36

That Valencia video is underwhelming. Did he overtake anyone that didn't go off the track or wasn't held up by someone else going off/coming back on?

Advertisement

#2820 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:36

Guys, think back to before BrawnGP, every week Button was saying we have a problem warming up the tyres! Seems the same to me, there is something with in that team creating this problem and no one has worked it out in the last 7 years.

#2821 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:53

did you hear any team talking about hiring him?
other than the 2 great ones usf1/stefangp......and usf1 wouldn't have had him...

point is he did a great start in that race, he is enjoying himself there, he's good there...but stop it here
comparing it to an f1 race is laughable. he is a "has been" in f1 already, kind of too bad bad that's life

You didn't answer my question - Fail.

btw for the record, he did have talks with Renault. Which is my point, only a sane driver would come back with a team with some sort of immediate potential. JV is a case in point.

Massa fan eh? Ironic huh? Villeneuve a has been...well yeah he was in 05/06 if you believe the bullshit artists. Then again if he was, so was Felipe. Can't have it both ways. We all know the reason JV is not in F1 had all to do with politics and nothing to do with his ability.

#2822 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:54

I hope that's a wind up too ;)

Actually its not. Do a bit of research on the Toyota which won't run this year. In any case the way Mercedes is heading, anything would almost have been a better bet. :lol:

#2823 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,898 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:14

There's no reason to believe the Stefan/TF110 would have been a front running car. Any more than we though the Sauber would be pre-season.

#2824 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:16

Not front running....but midfield was a good chance IMO.

#2825 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,898 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:20

So basically out of the points but ahead of an HRT/Lotus/Virgin.

#2826 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:32

With Williams, Force India etc. Fringe points.

#2827 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:41

A no name rookie with this years drives including doing in his 3 year veteran team mate would be classified as 'sucks'???

Fail.

It's a suck year for Michael Schumacher but an awesome one for any rookie.

#2828 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:16

That Valencia video is underwhelming. Did he overtake anyone that didn't go off the track or wasn't held up by someone else going off/coming back on?

Rosberg? The two force Indias?

But to put it in perspective : did anyone in Valencia overtake without the driver in front making some kind of mistake?

Edited by Diablobb81, 04 July 2010 - 11:17.

#2829 SchumiBoy

SchumiBoy

• 1,261 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:22

Isn't that what racing is about. Putting yourself in a position where you gain on others misfortunes. Knowing where to place your car for maximum benifit

#2830 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:30

Michael overtake FIs and Nico on the track. Nobody was off the track. Fair and square. They all were in equal position new tires and MB engine.

Edited by ivand911, 04 July 2010 - 11:34.

#2831 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,898 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:32

He judged the situations well as they were unfolding, bust of them 'came to him' so it doesn't go in the list of all time great opening laps or anything.

#2832 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,967 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:36

He judged the situations well as they were unfolding, bust of them 'came to him' so it doesn't go in the list of all time great opening laps or anything.

Yeah it's not a all great time overtaking opening lap, but I think what most fans generally must think of MS this year on starts is in general if there is one thing Schumacher has done very well this year, is his starts and first lap attacking, your kinda almost expecting it from him now. I think the Alonso albert park one went wrong, but Schuey has tended to take risks and go on the outside and he's generally gotten it right on most occassions, he's read the chaos very well.

#2833 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 13:06

How about this for an opening lap at Canada from 8th to 3rd in a lap and a half:

:up:

Predictably not appreciated in this thread, though.  ;)

#2834 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 14:40

:up:

Predictably not appreciated in this thread, though. ;)

didnt seena do a better start at donnington one year?

#2835 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:13

Gee has MS gotten breast implants?

Posted Image

Doesn't he know that that is aerodynamically inefficient? :lol:

#2836 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:29

manboobs :)

#2837 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:36

manboobs :)

Now we know why he's slow lol

#2838 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:37

I am failing to see how "photomontage" has anything to do with man's life on racing circuit to be posted in here.

#2839 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:39

I am failing to see how "photomontage" has anything to do with man's life on racing circuit to be posted in here.

It's an MS general thread no? I thought it was...under the man heading lol

Edited by Henrytheeigth, 04 July 2010 - 16:40.

Advertisement

#2840 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:53

It's an MS general thread no? I thought it was...under the man heading lol

Michael Schumacher (merged), Man, Machine and his Racing Craft. Thread is about who he is, not about what you want him to be.

#2841 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:56

Michael Schumacher (merged), Man, Machine and his Racing Craft. Thread is about who he is, not about what you want him to be.

Don't presume you can read my mind thanks, coz I want him to be successful actually, I miss the MS of old!

#2842 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:59

If so, you have strange way of showing it. Must be our age difference.

#2843 Jay

Jay

• 957 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 16:59

With those tits... the thread ought to be called:

Michael Schumacher (merged), Man/Woman, Machine, Nail Varnish, Chin Hair Surgery and his Racing Craft

#2844 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 17:00

If so, you have strange way of showing it. Must be our age difference.

Well I am from the old times so you must be centuries younger than I! and good one Jay! :rotfl:

#2845 scarletf12002

scarletf12002

• 77 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:54

Did anyone see planetF1 story by Andrew Davies, enjoyed that!

http://www.planetf1....humacher-s-Back

If only more people used logic, but easier to criticize...

BTW did anyone else notice that on last week's grid walk at Valencia they made apoint of trying to talk to Schu even they know he doesn't do pre-race interviews hence not a single journo standing near him, but they had to make him look rude about it! OK he could have been a bit more graceful about it but why should he (esp to his number 1 fans at the beeb!)? Apparently Lewis Hamilton doesn't like pre-race interviews either, I don't see him being collared?

#2846 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:22

BTW did anyone else notice that on last week's grid walk at Valencia they made apoint of trying to talk to Schu even they know he doesn't do pre-race interviews hence not a single journo standing near him, but they had to make him look rude about it! OK he could have been a bit more graceful about it but why should he (esp to his number 1 fans at the beeb!)? Apparently Lewis Hamilton doesn't like pre-race interviews either, I don't see him being collared?

they knew he wouldnt talk to them because of brundles comments in the previous race

#2847 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:34

Maybe come next season he will improve but as an admirer of MS mk1 im somewhat disappointed in MS mk11, i think his legacy has been harmed and i would give some leniency because of his age but even given the car he has no more WDC's in him

#2848 baddog

baddog

• 23,631 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:34

Apparently Lewis Hamilton doesn't like pre-race interviews either, I don't see him being collared?

Oh they once went as far as to announce they would not be approaching Lewis on the grid because Mclaren wanted him to be left alone to prepare and they would respect that in order to help him out. shyeah.

#2849 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:44

High hopes for good result in Silverstone. Hope, there will be not some fancy strategy. Again. Hope car will improve a lot, or they will make tire work right. Every race with Michael ,very exciting. :wave:

Edited by ivand911, 05 July 2010 - 10:47.

#2850 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 14:34

they knew he wouldnt talk to them because of brundles comments in the previous race

Gee MS can be so childish at times...