Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#251 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:51

For having been out of racing for three years and things being so different I think Michael is doing very well. I think as much as we thought he was going to have the upper hand on Nico, it was a bit unrealistic. He's better than he was in Bahrain and he'll continue to improve as the weeks and months unfold. I think the European season will see Michael start to get the upper hand. It will be a tough battle against a strong teammate, which is the way it should be. By the end of the year, Michael will be stronger. I have no doubts about that. I just can't see him being slower after 10 or so races under his belt.

Advertisement

#252 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:31

It's step back, and ugly today. A day to forget.

#253 fetzo

fetzo

• 71 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:38

Points for Michael :up:

Good start for him until the crash with Alonso :(

#254 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 639 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:42

Man, that start would've put him second - and seeing where Kubica ended, a podium finish would've been possible.

But it was impossible afterwards and it seems to me like Schumi made a mistake while behind DLR - can't understand how else he got back behind Alguersari.

Very nice pass against Alguersari, wheel-to-wheel.

It was obvious that with a one second/lap advantage you couldn't really do a lot - Hamilton had more than that against Alonso and couldn't pass. So it makes sense Schumi had many problems with Alguersari, given the lack of top speed of the MGP car.

Edited by PoliFanAthic, 28 March 2010 - 07:44.

#255 Madras

Madras

• 3,911 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:43

Unlucky at the start.

#256 kaivo

kaivo

• 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:44

Fail drive by Shumi today.

#257 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:44

Very frustrating race,it's nigh impossible to pass in that car and I'm sure there was underbody damage after that brainfade from the Ferrari driver. He had passed a couple of guys at the start and would've easily passed the Ferrari for third-so onto the next race! Go Michael!

#258 Umpire

Umpire

• 787 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:45

Nice start by Schumacher, shame he got collateral damage frmo the Button-Alonso tangle.

He was stuck behind Alguersuari forever though.

#259 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:46

Ugly race...got hit by Alonso.The had a really slow pitstop. Plus unable to overtake.

Advertisement

#260 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:48

Good start for him until the crash with Alonso :(

I think he got hit by Alonso after Mr. Button and Mr. Alonso danced. Button wanted to win race in the first corner; what can you say.

Edited by MiPe, 28 March 2010 - 07:49.

#261 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,454 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:50

Excellent start, too bad for the accident. New wing, long second pit, no chance on Algu.

The Merc is terrible.

#262 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:57

Button gets squeezed by FA, no damage and wins
FA gets spun round, no damage and finishes 4th

very bad luck that MS was the ONLY one to get damage, and he wasn't even involved !!!

MS finishes 7th [at worst] minus the extra pit stop. potentially 4,5,6

havta be happy with the point

#263 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

conclusion:

1. major blunder by the team not to gamble on slicks after the crash at the first turn
2. pit crew fecked up his stop as no tyres were ready
3. Costly mistake after his 3rd stop as he run wide at T1 and ALG got through

#264 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,795 posts

I'm just thinking he prolly had some suspension damage afterwards as otherwise the rest of it was not such a good race for him.

#265 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Excellent start, too bad for the accident. New wing, long second pit, no chance on Algu.

The Merc is terrible.

Yeah, I too have noticed that tire exchange for some reason was completely out of norm; almost as pit was not ready for that at all.

Edited by MiPe, 28 March 2010 - 07:57.

#266 fetzo

fetzo

• 71 posts

The Toro Rosso of Alguersuari was very fast today...

#267 schumaster

schumaster

• 95 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:58

A day to forget, very very unlucky with the nudge that Alonso (?) gave him at the start, after that i think he suffered a damage with the car thus failed to make an impression :|

#268 kaivo

kaivo

• 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:58

A day to forget, very very unlucky with the nudge that Alonso (?) gave him at the start, after that i think he suffered a damage with the car thus failed to make an impression :|

Lol fanboy.
Shumi FAILED this race.

#269 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:59

But it was impossible afterwards and it seems to me like Schumi made a mistake while behind DLR - can't understand how else he got back behind Alguersari.

he got past alguersari but then mercedes pitted him and alguesari got back infront of him which kinda ruined his race, i guess they wanted to see if rosberg should pit or not

Lol fanboy.
Shumi FAILED this race

right and hamilton not beeing able to pass a car thats 2-3+ seconds slower shows us all how crap schumacher has became at over taking.

Edited by arknor, 28 March 2010 - 08:00.

#270 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,295 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:59

Lol fanboy.
Shumi FAILED this race.

you don't think 3 pitstops and someone slaming into him hampered him in any way?

#271 kaivo

kaivo

• 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:00

bla bla blah

#272 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,295 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:01

great response - care to actually answer instead of trolling??

#273 schumaster

schumaster

• 95 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:01

Lol fanboy.
Shumi FAILED this race.

TROLL! you are an epic fail! :down:

#274 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:09

Lol fanboy.
Shumi FAILED this race.

lol troll, You FAILED this time.

#275 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:09

Very unlucky race for Michael. And after all problems two cars crash in front of you and continue racing after this. Even Webber come 2s in front of him. He also didn't have any free track to show how fast he is. Ok, next race.

#276 J2NH

J2NH

• 1,377 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:14

Did you watch the race? I saw him pass a ton at the start and then, through no fault of his own, get hit by Alonso, who was hit by Button.

#277 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:14

I'm not worried at all-this GP was a one-off,clearly a frustrating,damage control exercise. If people are approaching this in the context of his comeback,I think they're making a big mistake. Still in his second race,he's clearly got a lot of adapting to do with the behaviour of the tyres and the car itself (which is still the understeering wreck it was at Bahrain-nothing has changed,remember,except for a setup compensation on MS' car)-I'm sure he'll be picking up solid points (maybe even podiums) when he has a clean race.

#278 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:17

Britney 20
Schumacher 9

Britney wins.

#279 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:20

Very unlucky race for Michael. And after all problems two cars crash in front of you and continue racing after this. Even Webber come 2s in front of him. He also didn't have any free track to show how fast he is. Ok, next race.

Actually he did. I forgot on which lap, but as he took new tires, and the guy in the front of him peeled off to pits, Michael had a free run, and immediately logged fastest time of the race (which got beaten later on, as Michael slowed down once he cought up with the cluster of cars which was ahead of him).

Edited by MiPe, 28 March 2010 - 08:22.

Advertisement

#280 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,765 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:21

Incidents happen in F1, but both having a clean race I think Schumacher would have almost certainly beaten Rosberg this weekend. The race just happened around Rosberg. The attacking Schumacher is back, it's just a shame turn 1 played out like it did, next race it might not.

Schumacher relost his position to Alguersuari after his third stop because he ran over the soaking wet pit exit which compromised his grip/himself into turn 1 and that gave Alguersuari the chance to get back passed, which was a big problem.

Edited by RedBaron, 28 March 2010 - 08:23.

#281 J2NH

J2NH

• 1,377 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:22

Incidents happen in F1, but both having a clean race I think Schumacher would have almost certainly beaten Rosberg this weekend. The race just happened around Rosberg. The attacking Schumacher is back, it's just a shame turn 1 played out like it did, next race it might not.

Agreed. :up:

#282 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:35

I'm guessing your now looking at threads after your post to see if you have hooked anyone.

It was originally called trawling (as in fishing) but somehow got changed over the years to trolling.

Anyway, trolls aside, good race and although the result was poor for obvious reasons it must have been good experience for him to have to mix it with others albeit at the wrong end of the field. i think by next meet he will be on par with Rosberg interesting to see how it progresses from there.

#283 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:37

Schumacher relost his position to Alguersuari after his third stop because he ran over the soaking wet pit exit

Wasn't that blue paint a shocker, I even wonder if Rosberg couldn't have done better without the time lost there crawling across it.

#284 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:45

The Toro Rosso of Alguersuari was very fast today...

We do not know how Michael's neck was holding up. Do not be so quick to judge, Schumacher may have had some neck problems.
We will know more about this after a few races, for sure...

#285 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,765 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:48

Wasn't that blue paint a shocker, I even wonder if Rosberg couldn't have done better without the time lost there crawling across it.

I did notice when Rosberg exited the pits after his final stop, he took a tight angle out of his pit box, as if there was a pit crew ahead of him and avoided running over the damp area. When Schumacher ran over it he had to noticeably get out of the throttle, so that was probably quite an error for Schumacher because it meant he was stuck behind Alguersuari, again!

#286 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,142 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:56

Schumacher on BBC: "Race was good fun at the end, a bit tricky at the beginning."

EDIT: Ross Brawn said to Martin Brundle that more parts on car were broken.

#287 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,295 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:58

exactly what I said during the live chat.....

#288 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:59

We do not know how Michael's neck was holding up. Do not be so quick to judge, Schumacher may have had some neck problems.

If Schumacher had such problems with his neck on this track, then he doesn't need to go to Barcelona. Given the circumstances, low grip, low speed corners, I doubt he was put under enough physical stress to reveal any neck problems.

#289 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:02

Michael forth fastest in the race(when being held long time). Very good first and second sector times(fourth and third), eight in third sector. Lost 5s in his second stop. I think 9 people including Lewis and Kubica was having chance to win today.

Edited by ivand911, 28 March 2010 - 09:05.

#290 apoka

apoka

• 3,482 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:02

He looked quite relaxed post race. I doubt he had neck problems.

#291 Nuvol

Nuvol

• 654 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:10

Just looked at the standings and Schumacher has one more point than Webber and only 3 less than Vettel. :lol:

Edited by Nuvol, 28 March 2010 - 09:10.

#292 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:14

Lets forget about the neck- it's an non issue at this stage.
Schumacher's pace was fine. Hamilton was lapping about 1.5s a lap faster than Alonso yet he couldn't get past even with the extra top speed from his rear wing. Both Ferrari's were stuck behind Kubica and didn't get a sniff. Schumacher was about 1s faster than Alguersuari hence it was nearly impossible- especially as the car understeer's even more when following another car. After a few laps of following him his front tyres probably started to fade which would of made it even more difficult.

#293 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:17

Lets forget about the neck- it's an non issue at this stage.
Schumacher's pace was fine. Hamilton was lapping about 1.5s a lap faster than Alonso yet he couldn't get past even with the extra top speed from his rear wing. Both Ferrari's were stuck behind Kubica and didn't get a sniff. Schumacher was about 1s faster than Alguersuari hence it was nearly impossible- especially as the car understeer's even more when following another car. After a few laps of following him his front tyres probably started to fade which would of made it even more difficult.

New rules means if u have to come in on lap 1 for stop means you will finish near last dosnt matter how good you are.

#294 magisenna

magisenna

• 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:43

Not a great day for MS today, but not nearly as bad as some are making out. He showed some pace inbetween incidents but I don't think even his most hardcore fans could fail to agree that he badly needs to string a weekend together pronto.

The media will grab hold of a flagging Michael Schumacher story very quickly if he continues to be outqualified and out pointed by his teammate. Thats just how it works.

#295 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:48

Not a great day for MS today, but not nearly as bad as some are making out. He showed some pace inbetween incidents but I don't think even his most hardcore fans could fail to agree that he badly needs to string a weekend together pronto.

The media will grab hold of a flagging Michael Schumacher story very quickly if he continues to be outqualified and out pointed by his teammate. Thats just how it works.

he probably would have strung a weekend together today if he didnt have the first corner incident, if he was the only one getting stuck behind a car much slower than i would worry but he wasnt hes doing a good enough job if people think schumacher should get replaced then surely rosberg should aswell as they are both as fast as each other so far.

something the rosberg fanboys seem to forget when they start trolling about schumacher beeing past it, if schumacher is past it then rosberg never had it even at his peak.

#296 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,765 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:55

It is race 2, he does need to string a race weekend together, he knows that. Not to justify anything to anyone about his own talent, but to keep in the hunt for any achievement his season. There is no pronto, there is no urgency, there is no problem.

Also like one of the posters above mentioned about Rosberg fans who seems to be damming Schumacher, if Rosberg is only just about keeping ahead of this 'tired old dog Schumacher' on his return and who is passed it then that's bad news for Rosberg's talent.

#297 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:00

life long Schumacher fan have to say i think he should of stayed retired if he was going to come back he should of done it in 2008. He has left it just a bit to long IMO. If Rosberg beats him next time i cant see him staying.

#298 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:07

Lets start to worry about Michael, when Rosberg start to win and Michael is not in the top 10. :wave: And also Michael have 21 million reasons to stay where he is.

#299 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:12

great performance of Schumi, hahahahahahaaaa/ hope he keeps this kind of speed up :p

Advertisement

#300 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:19

Michael had had a good start and would have been ahead of rosberg,button and alonso but he got hit by alonso and had no where to go but on the grass!

Here see this video from 17 sec button hits alonso and then alonso hits schumi:

Edited by merschu, 28 March 2010 - 11:37.