Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#3251 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:48

Why some people come here, over and over again to say that Michael lost it? We are not deaf men? You want to save our souls? Did you see sign SOS somewhere? Leave it, we are doomed. :)

Edited by ivand911, 14 July 2010 - 10:58.

Advertisement

#3252 Number62

Number62

• 493 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:56

Why some people come here, over and over again to say that Michael lost it? We are not deaf men? You want to save our souls? Did you see sign SOS somewhere? Leave it, we doomed. :)

I suppose because he keeps providing evidence to support that position. I think if you look across the other threads, every drivers performance is being reviewed after every race weekend, seems reasonable doesn't it?

#3253 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:01

I suppose because he keeps providing evidence to support that position. I think if you look across the other threads, every drivers performance is being reviewed after every race weekend, seems reasonable doesn't it?

alot of it is blind trolling and ignoring facts look at the times when schumacher beat rosberg its almost laughable the majority of us probably ignore the people who dont want inteligent discussion

#3254 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:02

Maybe you are right, just I don't visit other driver threads much, because I don't care about them. Also didn't cross my mind to go there and to say this driver lost it or need to retire, because he have bad weekend. I respect them.

Edited by ivand911, 14 July 2010 - 11:11.

#3255 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:50

I think Michael, just as as Vettel, knows exactly where he is, and why he isn't in P1. Important is that they are managing the gap intelligently, we just have to be patient. I would be worry if gap between two teammates is consistently too great, and a driver has no clue why it is so.

This year tires play far too greater role in race outcomes, than I like to see. I do not wish to beat my little drum, but I did say that many times before, I am not convinced this is good for F1. All teams but one have problems, and see changes between FP, Quali, and a Race. RBR are the only ones who for some reasons either managed to find balance, or they have hidden element in their system which overcomes troubles with a tire.

#3256 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 13:02

Maybe you are right, just I don't visit other driver threads much, because I don't care about them. Also didn't cross my mind to go there and to say this driver lost it or need to retire, because he have bad weekend. I respect them.

So you only care for Schumacher and you'd like to stay positive at all times? Well, then a Schumacher fan forum might be just what you're looking for. Why go through all this pain here on Racing Comments?

#3257 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 13:33

Great interview indeed. Very honest one. It looks like he is really having fun driving F1 car again.

I was also thinking that - he can project that feeling of his fun driving an F1 car very convincingly, although I think it pains him a lot not to win but to drive around where he is at the moment.

Come to think of it, he could start another career as an actor, his acting has much improved compared to the many incidents in his first career when he ran around stone-faced and tried to get away with it and fool the whole world - while it was abundantly clear that he was just acting really badly.

So maybe Schumi´s second career opens an unexpected door for a third career. :yawnface:

#3258 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 13:36

:up: :lol:

It is indeed reasonable!

#3259 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 13:44

This year tires play far too greater role in race outcomes, than I like to see. I do not wish to beat my little drum, but I did say that many times before, I am not convinced this is good for F1. All teams but one have problems, and see changes between FP, Quali, and a Race. RBR are the only ones who for some reasons either managed to find balance, or they have hidden element in their system which overcomes troubles with a tire.

Interestingly some drivers seem to overcome the tyre issues better than some other drivers.
But you are right, Sakae, in 2005 Michael was also at a loss and it was tyre related.

The difference?

In 2005 it was two different tyre manufacturers, whereas now it is one tyre manufacturer, so same chances for all.
So pretty lame to complain about tyres when the real reason is in Schumi's driving....

Advertisement

#3260 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 13:46

I was also thinking that - he can project that feeling of his fun driving an F1 car very convincingly, although I think it pains him a lot not to win but to drive around where he is at the moment.

Come to think of it, he could start another career as an actor, his acting has much improved compared to the many incidents in his first career when he ran around stone-faced and tried to get away with it and fool the whole world - while it was abundantly clear that he was just acting really badly.

So maybe Schumi´s second career opens an unexpected door for a third career. :yawnface:

What was useful in this post? Or how this relate to the thread? Find Michael address and send him your smart suggestions. Or you think everybody have to hear your smart plans for Michael. He is fine without you ,worrying for him. I really don't worry for him , if he want he can buy MGP team and can drive until he is 65.

Edited by ivand911, 14 July 2010 - 13:49.

#3261 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 13:54

What was useful in this post? Or how this relate to the thread? Find Michael address and send him your smart suggestions. Or you think everybody have to hear your smart plans for Michael. He is fine without you ,worrying for him. I really don't worry for him , if he want he can buy MGP team and can drive until he is 65.

I am not worrying for him - indeed Michael is fine, enjoying his life whilst not providing what he was hired for and what he is being payed for.
I am worrying for other potential drivers whose seat he took, and for the Mercedes workforce as well - you may not have become familiar with the intricacies of Schumacher's engagement with Mercedes as well as them starting another team apart from McLaren - the Daimler-Benz boardroom might pull the plug at any moment.

Of course, not that it would matter to Michael. So I am not worrying for him.

#3262 peroa

peroa

• 8,954 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 14:05

Well, that will very much depend on the global economy, for now everything looks good regarding merc's sales.
Could change quick, though ...

#3263 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 14:06

Last thing I heard Mercedes sales are up 13% and going pretty well. Record sales in history for the last month. So, no problem for workforce I hope. About "potential drivers" which seats he take. Everybody gets what he deserves. So ,small problem there. It is harsh world(Bruno Senna).

#3264 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 14:18

Last thing I heard Mercedes sales are up 13% and going pretty well. Record sales in history for the last month. So, no problem for workforce I hope. About "potential drivers" which seats he take. Everybody gets what he deserves. So ,small problem there. It is harsh world(Bruno Senna).

Not in Germany.

Anyway, let's hope the car sales stay solid worldwide so Michael has a chance to retain his seat for 2011!
 ;)

#3265 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 14:37

Not in Germany.

Anyway, let's hope the car sales stay solid worldwide so Michael has a chance to retain his seat for 2011!
;)

Germany (and UK for that matter) are not the world.

No matter how hard you try to pretend you are not an ordinary MS hater, you fail, my friend. And being overproductive in this thread does not help either. You already are starting to speak as if you know exactly what's going in Michael's head and in the heads of the team leaders.
In other words you fabricate "facts" to suit your agenda.
And same as the rest confuse the consequence with the cause.
In other words- putting the horse at the back of the cart.

Edited by Dragonfly, 14 July 2010 - 14:37.

#3266 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 16:29

Sorry if it's a double-post anywhere but SportBild strikes again according to Le Monde.

"Schumacher's comeback was a big mistake!"
- Take a guess before clicking to find out who's that quote from...

http://www.lemonde.f...87963_3242.html

#3267 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 16:35

No matter how hard you try to pretend you are not an ordinary MS hater, you fail, my friend. And being overproductive in this thread does not help either. You already are starting to speak as if you know exactly what's going in Michael's head and in the heads of the team leaders.

Well, it's not as if those issues and the resulting rumours are made up by random posters on message boards. They're all over the media.

Here's from motorsport-total.com (in german).

"But above all, the "I-feel-good Schumi" may strain the nerves of the Formula 1 critical board of Mercedes. How long will they tolerate such a fun project ?" :lol:

Edited by as65p, 14 July 2010 - 16:39.

#3268 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 16:40

Not in Germany.

;)

So you have concluded that Mercedes Benz has rested their whole global marketing strategy on MS' success in F1?

#3269 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 16:46

I am going to go to church, and pray very hard that Michael Schumacher somehow wins a race, and out of somewhere gets some of his early form back. I am no fan of Schumacher, infact I am glad Rosberg is proving his potential this year, was a big fan of his dad as well :) (its a Finnish thing ). I still want to see Schumacher win now, ONLY so that people like aditya-now, as65p and others stop bombarding this and so many other threads with WW2 style dumbing down propaganda !

I am sorry to say, but in my eyes you're really reducing the quality of these threads by not giving any intelligent analysis, and instead passing off every opinion of yours as fact.

Edited by SparkPlug, 14 July 2010 - 16:49.

#3270 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 16:51

I am going to go to church, and pray very hard that Michael Schumacher somehow wins a race, and out of somewhere gets some of his early form back. I am no fan of Schumacher, infact I am glad Rosberg is proving his potential this year, was a big fan of his dad as well :) (its a Finnish thing ). I still want to see Schumacher win now, ONLY so that people like aditya-now, as65p and others stop bombarding this and so many other threads with WW2 style dumbing down propaganda !

I am sorry to say, but in my eyes you're really reducing the quality of these threads by not giving any intelligent analysis, and instead passing off every opinion of yours as fact.

A lot of people understand how you feel. And you say it very well. :up:

Edited by ivand911, 14 July 2010 - 16:52.

#3271 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 16:54

Shall I go and read up the number of intelligent analysis you have given until now? Nah, that whooping 59 posts is too much to wade trough, I give up.

#3272 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:07

Well, it's not as if those issues and the resulting rumours are made up by random posters on message boards. They're all over the media.

"But above all, the "I-feel-good Schumi" may strain the nerves of the Formula 1 critical board of Mercedes. How long will they tolerate such a fun project ?" :lol:

i'd imagine out of everyone in formula one he would be able to provide the best feedback out of any driver if mercedes want to build a winning team surely the experience schumacher brings to the party is very valuable.

you cant get better testing than someone who has done more testing mileage than any other driver in formula one maybe thats why he seems to be such a guinea pig which crazy strategies on race days when they do pitstops that make no sense

they are getting lots of data to help with next years car

#3273 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:12

So are you suggesting ,going by what the press says, that Merc will give up only after one year? Sure...

Edited by Diablobb81, 14 July 2010 - 17:13.

#3274 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:21

Lets have some examples rather than flippant comments.

I don't know, anytime his teammate let him through? for starters?

#3275 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:23

I don't know, anytime his teammate let him through? for starters?

So, make a list.

#3276 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:25

So, make a list.

too long, and I have work :)

#3277 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:28

i'd imagine out of everyone in formula one he would be able to provide the best feedback out of any driver if mercedes want to build a winning team surely the experience schumacher brings to the party is very valuable...

That is one of the reasons he is in Mercedes GP team. Imagine if there are two drivers who have the same comprehension of "winning car" as Rosberg's. It would be several happy years of production of "winning cars" that take 3 place at GPs by success. And when a veteran after 3 year break at winter tests says that car is not that good and it turns out to be true... well it says a lot about his competency. I can only repeat that this is reason why Brown wanted him in a team. As for Mercedes Board, I think they a pretty happy that sales are up - it is not like people don't by Mercedes because Schumacher is slow :lol: On the other hand Schumacher fans (not glory hunters) all over the world will start to cheer for Mercedes. And imagine what happens if Schumacher starts winning next year - it opens creative marketing means for car sales, like "A road car that is designed with and tested by Schumacher" :D So the potential loss (if at all exist) really is nothing compared to potential gains.

#3278 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:29

too long, and I have work :)

Sure....

#3279 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:34

Imagine MGP team without Michael. It will be very popular team. Their thread will be a little bit bigger than FI thread(Did Force India have thread?Have to check). Imagine the fan base. Huge potential.

Advertisement

#3280 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:45

Imagine MGP team without Michael. It will be very popular team. Their thread will be a little bit bigger than FI thread(Did Force India have thread?Have to check). Imagine the fan base. Huge potential.

The fact it's a factory MB team is popularity enough to makje it much more popular than FI though

#3281 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:55

Can you imagine what it will do to a racing community, fans in general, BE's pockets, and how it will rock this BB when Michael beggins winining races again? Wow, rock baby, rock!

#3282 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:57

Can you imagine what it will do to a racing community, fans in general, BE's pockets, and how it will rock this BB when Michael beggins winining races again? Wow, rock baby, rock!

when? or if ever?

#3283 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 17:59

Go back to sleep; when noise will wake you up, then you know it's here!

#3284 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 18:04

I think he is going to sleep for eternity. :drunk:

#3285 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 18:05

I think he is going to sleep for eternity. :drunk:

Well, he can't go to sleep since he has to work. :lol:

#3286 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 18:23

Ah, so you think it's a marketing coup first and foremost? Granted, they couldn't go wrong with that.

#3287 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 19:13

I was in Turkey , Michael hats was around 100 liri(50euro) before they sell them out. Other driver hats was around 60 liri. With Michael they return their investment, if we talk about money. Not to speak for sponsors who come with him. They don't have financial lost with him. This is why MB board could not be unhappy? If he achieve something will be bonus. This is what I think about all talks that MB board will fire him.

#3288 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 19:46

Actually, I'm the only one here not dreaming of Schumacher winning, did he even race the past few races? seemed more to me like he didn't realyze the parade lap had ended :wave:

#3289 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 20:08

Do you see any specific issues which would prevent him to recover from current situation?

#3290 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 20:27

Do you see any specific issues which would prevent him to recover from current situation?

For starters, his car isn't capable of it, then, I don't know, ummm, he's 41 and can't keep up with his younger teammate? the list goes on.

#3291 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 20:36

The question should rather be: did you see anything from the driver in the 2nd Mercedes this season that would indicate he will make a quantum leap in the near future, start to dominate the teammate he's trailing all season and go on to win races and chamionships in the near future? If you forget for a moment that his name is that of a former great?

#3292 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 20:44

The question should rather be: did you see anything from the driver in the 2nd Mercedes this season that would indicate he will make a quantum leap in the near future, start to dominate the teammate he's trailing all season and go on to win races and chamionships in the near future? If you forget for a moment that his name is that of a former great?

While we are talking about specifics, than my input is, yes, I did. Thats' what 25+ years watching F1 does to you.

#3293 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 20:51

Thats' what 25+ years watching F1 does to you.

If it turns out you were wrong, would that still apply? And while we're at it, mine is bigger! (*)

* number of years watching F1, of course. :smoking:

#3294 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:03

If it turns out you were wrong, would that still apply? And while we're at it, mine is bigger! (*)

* number of years watching F1, of course. :smoking:

Mine is bigger? For sure we both will get kick out from here soon, but before I go I need to tell you if you didn't learn to read the race in 25 years, when are you actully planning to do that? :smoking:

#3295 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:13

Mine is bigger? For sure we both will get kick out from here soon, but before I go I need to tell you if you didn't learn to read the race in 25 years, when are you actully planning to do that? :smoking:

Reading a race, eh? :lol: More like a nostalgic obsession you can't let go off, completely ignoring current and very obvious indications.

#3296 baddog

baddog

• 23,523 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:15

Actually its a fair point (not one that Im personally bothered about though, as I care about what I watch on track only) to say that the sheer attention given to Schumacher and by reflection Mercedes, by fans AND bashers, would delight the company and help ensure they stay on board for a longer time. For a corporate a big part of it is being 'big news'.

What Im saying is that you lot who loathe him so much it hurts are doing him a favour. I hope you enjoy that :p

#3297 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:22

First of all, as much as I respect your posts, Dragonfly, I am not your friend.

Secondly, the concern across more than half of the Daimler-Benz boardroom is well known, even if not by you. The risk that Norbert Haug took is bigger than you might be aware of, and you can see it in his face.

Thirdly, German car sales have a lot to do with German work force and thus German employment, and although you might not like it, it pops up time and again in Germany's economic media, like the Financial Times Germany, the Frankfurter Allgemeine (FAZ) and the Süddeutsche Zeitung. This has been a concern from the beginning of Mercedes GP, as has been the appointment of Michael Schumacher as their top driver (even 7 million € are regarded as far too much in economic times as these). Worldwide car sales indeed help little, when German workforce is laid off because of declining sales in their core markets.

Fourthly, apart from all the above mentioned, it is what it is: Schumacher is showing terribly this year and it has thrown doubts retrospectively on his career. I don´t even have to hate him for this. Maybe the thrill is more in seeing what responses, justicifications and explanations Schumi fan(atics) like you come up with time and again.

Don´t take it too personal, this is a forum, and there is place enough for all our opinions. And after all, it is not dead serious but a form of entertainment.

#3298 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:27

i'd imagine out of everyone in formula one he would be able to provide the best feedback out of any driver if mercedes want to build a winning team surely the experience schumacher brings to the party is very valuable.

you cant get better testing than someone who has done more testing mileage than any other driver in formula one maybe thats why he seems to be such a guinea pig which crazy strategies on race days when they do pitstops that make no sense

they are getting lots of data to help with next years car

You can´t get better testing than from someone who has raced in a different era and professes himself that he doesn´t understand the tyres? Well, how do McLaren and Red Bull understand the tyres then? They surely don´t have Schumi, and they surely don´t need him.

Lots of data they get with Michael´s help - God bless them so it may be useful data.

#3299 as65p

as65p

• 17,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:28

Actually its a fair point (not one that Im personally bothered about though, as I care about what I watch on track only) to say that the sheer attention given to Schumacher and by reflection Mercedes, by fans AND bashers, would delight the company and help ensure they stay on board for a longer time. For a corporate a big part of it is being 'big news'.

What Im saying is that you lot who loathe him so much it hurts are doing him a favour. I hope you enjoy that :p

And he's returning the favour, performing like he does. Meanwhile his fans claim to be content with him being just there, nevermind the results.

A true win-win-win situation, or did I miss something? :D

Advertisement

#3300 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:31

While we are talking about specifics, than my input is, yes, I did. Thats' what 25+ years watching F1 does to you.

Well, that's not such a long time watching F1, yea, mine is also bigger than yours :smoking: maybe u might need to watch for 30+? who knows, maybe that'll cure you :kiss: