Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#301 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:20

didnt you guys see the race??
His race was ruined by some stupid moves by other drivers and damaged his front wing and pretty much ended his race then and there!

Advertisement

#302 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:35

Another video of MS changing his front wing as his wing was damaged and was touching the ground and therefore sparks were coming out of it:

#303 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:41

Another video of MS changing his front wing as his wing was damaged and was touching the ground and therefore sparks were coming out of it:

FIA removed that video aswell :(

#304 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,598 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:46

Obviously they don't want anyone to see any of the footage, they'll regret that one day.

#305 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47

I am able to see the video :)

#306 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:49

I am able to see the video :)

it shows this This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

#307 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:50

Schumacher was upto 4th when Alonso hit him
It was really unlucky for him....he overtook 3 cars into t1

#308 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:01

lol troll, You FAILED this time.

Wrong. Trolls fail EVERY TIME :)

Michael went last for no fault of his own. Gained 8 places. Rosberg havin no incident whatsoever was a place down to his start position in the closing laps and only the Hamilton-Webber inciden promoted him to 5-th.
So this race is not a base for judgment at all.

#309 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:05

Just wait I will upload the video on vimeo or somewhere else! :)

Edited by merschu, 28 March 2010 - 12:07.

#310 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:07

he probably would have strung a weekend together today if he didnt have the first corner incident, if he was the only one getting stuck behind a car much slower than i would worry but he wasnt hes doing a good enough job if people think schumacher should get replaced then surely rosberg should aswell as they are both as fast as each other so far.

something the rosberg fanboys seem to forget when they start trolling about schumacher beeing past it, if schumacher is past it then rosberg never had it even at his peak.

I kinda thought someone was going to have their races ruined by first corner or daft move Webber for Hamilton in this race. This is one of the most important parts of a race, the first corner, usually it is a uphill struggle, if you lose out at the first corner. It was good to see that quick pace briefly from Schumacher, but overall, he seems to have improve a little bit in terms of pace, and was on it in the practice sessions, these first few races in a way are testing sessions and races, since the lack of testing in the last 3 years and this pre season build up, he's handeling it well, expectations are high every race for him until Michael gets on the podium, everyone wants to see Michael on the podium again, then officially for fans he's back, until then he's finding his way back into things, he knows what to do, he has a plan and doesn't seem fazed, his his positive outlook, good to see.

It was good to see him overtake those cars near the end, for him that was his battle, his a small victory, he scored 1 point where Vettel scored nothing, it's something, that's how he's thinking. Mercedes is getting points even if Redbull are fast but unreliable so far, and Webber's mistakes, and Button took points off Vettel and Alonso, so the title is there for many drivers and teams yet. Mark Webber has got to be the most dissapointed driver from these last 2 races, he's the one who has the car to do something etc
:smoking: :up:

Edited by SeanValen, 28 March 2010 - 12:10.

#311 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:14

Michael Schumacher is not my favourite driver, but unlike many others, I do not begrudge him his historical achievements in the sport.

However I am delighted that Rosberg is ahead of Schumacher so far, as most of my F1 aware friends insist that I look a lot like Rosberg, especially if I let my hair grow long.

#312 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:20

STOP CRITICIZING SCHUMACHER Y'ALL!

HE SAID HE HAD FUN! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

#313 Palmero

Palmero

• 296 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:23

Supposedly a statement on MS's short term future being released shortly? anyone know where this rumor came from?

#314 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,767 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:36

Supposedly a statement on MS's short term future being released shortly? anyone know where this rumor came from?

You know where it came from, because you just bent over and pulled it from there.

#315 Palmero

Palmero

• 296 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:40

You know where it came from, because you just bent over and pulled it from there.

It was just on 5live, but they gave no details, not sure what they were alluding to, i would have expected more details by now otherwise.

#316 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,307 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 13:16

It was just on 5live, but they gave no details, not sure what they were alluding to, i would have expected more details by now otherwise.

Is this for real?

#317 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,278 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 13:21

Is this for real?

Nah, probably one of the bbc guys read this forum and they reuse the old "neck/retire soon" things.

#318 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,767 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 13:51

Is this for real?

No, because this 'arose' at midnight in Australia, no press release would be released soon after midnight or so soon after the race nor on that topic. If it was on 5live it's absolute garbage, such a statement or the awaited release of such a statement would have made headlines... and where are they?

For those reason and the fact it's obviously nonsense, I declare it nonsense.

#319 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,198 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:07

Britney 20
Schumacher 9

Britney wins.

Briney hasn't won diddly squat. How many races has he raced withouth a win now? I am no Schumacher fan, in fact I don't even like him but your premature ignorance will bite you in the ass by years end. :wave:

Advertisement

#320 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:08

Michael Schumacher is not my favourite driver, but unlike many others, I do not begrudge him his historical achievements in the sport.

However I am delighted that Rosberg is ahead of Schumacher so far, as most of my F1 aware friends insist that I look a lot like Rosberg, especially if I let my hair grow long.

So you had to come to the "Michael Schumacher" thread to tell us that?

You quite possibly don't know that this is a good replica of a troll's post.

#321 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:30

First time Schumacher has to actually race against a teammate in his F1 career and he turns out to be decidedly average. Even a fat out of shape Mansell at 41 in 1994 was vastly better than this.
He's still got Brawn holding his hand so the excuses are lame but what else would you expect from the MS-lovers.
Today's race, running around at the back of the grid(Alonso was last after first lap) then struggling for 30 laps to overtake a torro rosso makes Jacques Veilleneuve in his BAR days look good.

#322 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:34

First time Schumacher has to actually race against a teammate in his F1 career and he turns out to be decidedly average. Even a fat out of shape Mansell at 41 in 1994 was vastly better than this.
He's still got Brawn holding his hand so the excuses are lame but what else would you expect from the MS-lovers.
Today's race, running around at the back of the grid(Alonso was last after first lap) then struggling for 30 laps to overtake a torro rosso makes Jacques Veilleneuve in his BAR days look good.

What makes you think MS's contract in different from his Ferrari days..if anything MS "owns" Merc a lot more than what he did Ferrari.

Edited by h_nair47, 28 March 2010 - 14:35.

#323 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:35

Every time you post God drowns a kitten.

Edited by F1 Tor., 28 March 2010 - 14:42.

#324 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:38

maybe if you got off your ignorant troll arse and looked at the trap times you would see alonso posted higher trap times with alguasari while schumacher didnt.

alonso had much more straight line speed than pretty much everyone he over took while the mercedes doesnt.

hamilton also sucks because he was 2+seconds faster than alonso but couldnt get past :rolleyes:

if the cars could properly get behind each other without massive oversteer people would overtake alot more , watch the onboard of alonso following massa on some corners he had to lift off or he would go onto the grass

Edited by arknor, 28 March 2010 - 14:38.

#325 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:44

Is this for real? (Michael quiting).

In post race interview he didn't come accross as that what he was thinking about. In fact he was more relaxed than his fans like myself. I was gutted.

British sport media are also something else...

Edited by MiPe, 28 March 2010 - 14:45.

#326 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:45

maybe if you got off your ignorant troll arse and looked at the trap times you would see alonso posted higher trap times with alguasari while schumacher didnt.

alonso had much more straight line speed than pretty much everyone he over took while the mercedes doesnt.

hamilton also sucks because he was 2+seconds faster than alonso but couldnt get past :rolleyes:

if the cars could properly get behind each other without massive oversteer people would overtake alot more , watch the onboard of alonso following massa on some corners he had to lift off or he would go onto the grass

First of all, according to all the experts in F1, Schumacher in his Mercedes has the best engine on the grid with the most power, better than the Ferrari. Keep the excuses coming though, as I would expect from any MS-lover.
Secondly, Alonso didn't have any clean air all race. He overtook cars at the start then was stuck behind roadblock Massa for 30 laps. He had the pace to win. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of Schumacher infatuation.

Edited by Kenaltgr, 28 March 2010 - 14:46.

#327 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:46

Alonso pass Jaime and Liuzzi in the box. This is why he get to the front. If Alonso didn't hit Michael he could be finished on podium or even win. Nine drivers have such opportunity in this race. It was lucky win in the end.

Edited by ivand911, 28 March 2010 - 14:52.

#328 cska

cska

• 454 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:52

being passed by a virgin.
well, he has never been something special.
expect some myths to be ridiculed this year.

#329 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:54

First of all, according to all the experts in F1, Schumacher in his Mercedes has the best engine on the grid with the most power, better than the Ferrari. Keep the excuses coming though, as I would expect from any MS-lover.
Secondly, Alonso didn't have any clean air all race. He overtook cars at the start then was stuck behind roadblock Massa for 30 laps. He had the pace to win. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of Schumacher infatuation.

omfg how ignorant you are , do you even know what a speed trap is? its thing that that records how fast the cars were on certain straight peices of tarmac, some cars go down these straights faster than others.

the cars that reach higher speeds on the straights find overtaking alot easier while cars that dont have a speed advantage on the straights dont end up nice and close/along side at a corner.
lets compare hamilton , alonso , schumacher and alguersuari

INTERMEDIATE 1
L. HAMILTON 282.1
F. ALONSO 278.2
M. SCHUMACHER 277.9
J. ALGUERSUARI 276.6

INTERMEDIATE 2
L. HAMILTON 306.5
F. ALONSO 296.7
J. ALGUERSUARI 295.8
M. SCHUMACHER 291.3

INTERMEDIATE 3
L. HAMILTON 294.9
J. ALGUERSUARI 287.4
F. ALONSO 286.6
M. SCHUMACHER 285.6

doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure schumacher would have an almost impossible time passing alguersuari and hamiltons straightline speed advantage made it fairly easy for him to be agressive and have a go at almost everyone

#330 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 14:57

What makes you think MS's contract in different from his Ferrari days..if anything MS "owns" Merc a lot more than what he did Ferrari.

I think the fact that today with Massa and Alonso, if Schumacher was still there, Massa would have mysteriously let him pass, under the guise of a mistake or slow lap. It didn't happen today even though Alonso was clearly much faster and being held up by Massa. Alonso and Massa don't have the special treatment the Schumacher demanded.

Edited by Kenaltgr, 28 March 2010 - 14:59.

#331 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,980 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:06

I heard some rumors about a neck injury....

#332 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,331 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:07

After a few laps of following him his front tyres probably started to fade which would of made it even more difficult.

http://www.wsu.edu/~...rs/couldof.html

#333 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,980 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:08

I saw that also and I was amazed. Schumi could not make his move on Glock stick into the next corner...

#334 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:10

I heard some rumors about a neck injury....

Thanks for your contribution...did you hear the rumors at the paddock?
:rotfl:

#335 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:10

7 WDCs are no myth .... :clap:

Posted Image

shame, he would have been 4th on lap one ....

Edited by MS7XWDC, 28 March 2010 - 15:11.

#336 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,980 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:13

In post race interview he didn't come accross as that what he was thinking about. In fact he was more relaxed than his fans like myself. I was gutted.

British sport media are also something else...

To me it feels more and more that he really came back mostly for the fun - to be paid millions for having fun is something not everyone can do. I can't see the competitive streak in him at the moment, other than talking to Alonso for "blocking" him in Q3 and demanding number 3 from Rosberg.

We are seeing an aged version of the old patriarch and macho Michael.

#337 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:15

So you had to come to the "Michael Schumacher" thread to tell us that?

You quite possibly don't know that this is a good replica of a troll's post.

Are you an idiot?

In a thread about Michael Schumacher, you think there is no relevancy to mentioning how he is going against his teammate?

#338 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:20

yeah here is video of the start of the race!..atlast got it! :)

http://www.vimeo.com/10498193

#339 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:25

How much they pay you for every new registered person? :)

Advertisement

#340 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:25

To me it feels more and more that he really came back mostly for the fun - to be paid millions for having fun is something not everyone can do. I can't see the competitive streak in him at the moment, other than talking to Alonso for "blocking" him in Q3 and demanding number 3 from Rosberg.

We are seeing an aged version of the old patriarch and macho Michael.

I do disagree. He came back to race, and taking his journery from retirement to (potential) podium in rather pragamatic strides, while I will meanwhile loose my nerves on the sidelines.

Edited by MiPe, 28 March 2010 - 16:05.

#341 mimin

mimin

• 1,307 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:31

May be his answer to the question why he didn't join the GPDA?

#342 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 15:49

How much they pay you for every new registered person? :)

Oh sorry! this is the first time i have uploaded a video on vimeo! :| Becoz on youtube fom are deleting them! :mad: Let me see how to make it public!

Edit:Now everyone can watch it.
http://www.vimeo.com/10498193

Edited by merschu, 28 March 2010 - 16:13.

#343 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:03

Did you watch the race? I saw him pass a ton at the start and then, through no fault of his own, get hit by Alonso, who was hit by Button.

details, details ......

lol

#344 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:23

Edit:Now everyone can watch it.

#345 Eff1NZ

Eff1NZ

• 119 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:37

details, details ......

lol

:lol:

All in all a pretty mediocre performance from MS. One shouldn't be always having to make excuses for a lack of results.
Great drivers come through usually. Look at LH: Anything that could possibly go wrong for him, did. He even got driven into at the very end, made an unneccesary pitstop, had to fight back through the field. He did what he had to in order to shine.

Alonso: Caused a first lap contretemps. (MS did not drive defensively and leave enough room to avoid contact, possibly), ended up just two spots up from MS at the back of the field. In the end, he actually could have won. Massa was holding him up badly and only the fact of they're being teammates stopped FS from putting the aggressive pass on him.

It's possible that MS was not helped by strategy. His second pitstop was disgracefully slow. Even so, he has to make up for adversity to be reckoned outstanding. He does not look that these days. Perhaps ever; Jock clear opined that it was his weakness. If absolutely everything does not falls right for him, he is prone to getting flustered.

He looked VERY average in this race.

#346 h_nair47

h_nair47

• 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:44

:lol:

All in all a pretty mediocre performance from MS. One shouldn't be always having to make excuses for a lack of results.
Great drivers come through usually. Look at LH: Anything that could possibly go wrong for him, did. He even got driven into at the very end, made an unneccesary pitstop, had to fight back through the field. He did what he had to in order to shine.

Alonso: Caused a first lap contretemps. (MS did not drive defensively and leave enough room to avoid contact, possibly), ended up just two spots up from MS at the back of the field. In the end, he actually could have won. Massa was holding him up badly and only the fact of they're being teammates stopped FS from putting the aggressive pass on him.

It's possible that MS was not helped by strategy. His second pitstop was disgracefully slow. Even so, he has to make up for adversity to be reckoned outstanding. He does not look that these days. Perhaps ever; Jock clear opined that it was his weakness. If absolutely everything does not falls right for him, he is prone to getting flustered.

He looked VERY average in this race.

MS did not drive defensively to avoid contact?... :rotfl:

What did you want him to do,lift his car in the air so that Alonso would go spinning under him and not break his wing?

Says all about your agenda does it not?

Edited by h_nair47, 28 March 2010 - 16:45.

#347 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:45

And his car is average. When you compare him with Alonso and Hamilton, please compare the car first? And yes if he was 1 meter on the left the clash with Alonso will not happen.

Edited by ivand911, 28 March 2010 - 16:47.

#348 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:47

http://translate.goo...y...=auto&tl=en

Michael Schumacher & Fernando Alonso had a few words after the race

"Yesterday I slowed down, today touched me and broke my wing, it's nice of you," he said today Michael Schumacher Fernando Alonso, facing several reporters after the Australia Grand Prix Formula 1.

The seven-times world champion slipped his complaint with an icy smile, a joke, but not both, and Alonso replied with a grandly as apologizing to innocence.

"If you say something that you stuck in the classification you go to commissioners' track, Alonso told reporters Spanish shot.

"If you do it in front of cameras is that you show a little and I do not want it, so I have nothing to say," Schumacher replied sharply, shortly after the Australian race.

#349 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,922 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:48

Incidents happen in F1, but both having a clean race I think Schumacher would have almost certainly beaten Rosberg this weekend. The race just happened around Rosberg. The attacking Schumacher is back, it's just a shame turn 1 played out like it did, next race it might not.

Schumacher relost his position to Alguersuari after his third stop because he ran over the soaking wet pit exit which compromised his grip/himself into turn 1 and that gave Alguersuari the chance to get back passed, which was a big problem.

Agreed. A shame about the start. It was really good and up to P4 by the end of the first lap would of changed everything.

#350 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 16:49

life long Schumacher fan have to say i think he should of stayed retired if he was going to come back he should of done it in 2008. He has left it just a bit to long IMO. If Rosberg beats him next time i cant see him staying.

Life long MS fan my a$$.