Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#3651 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:28

Stop the group hug crap you're making me sick, this is the Atlas F1 forums - harden the f*** up god dam it!!

And his fans are the most one-eyed, delusional in all of F1.

That title easily belongs to michael schumacher fans.

Advertisement

#3652 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:43

i see the anti schumacher brigade have been hitting all the schumacher threads for days now....

#3653 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:45

i see the anti schumacher brigade have been hitting all the schumacher threads for days now....

I think they are preparing the drumbeat for Michael´s race return on German soil...

#3654 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 13:00

i wish they would do something meaningful like camp out at the german GP with we hate schumacher placks.

leave this thread for serious dicussion, all it is for the last 10+ pages is schumacher bashes trolling

#3655 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 15:58

i wish they would do something meaningful like camp out at the german GP with we hate schumacher placks.

leave this thread for serious dicussion, all it is for the last 10+ pages is schumacher bashes trolling

Sorry if you confuse non-worship with hate :wave:

#3656 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:06

I think that´s a big part of the misunderstanding here: non-worshippers are being automatically referred to as "haters".

@ arknor: congratulations on your 400th post!

#3657 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,149 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:32

Birelman, you would not be first person to claim being free of personal bias. Admittedly I for one do not believe that there is such state of mind at all, and whether you accept this or not will not change that. You could feel indeferent to MS's adventures of 2010, but then, what are you doing in this thread, if you don't care? I think that you do care, and deep down you love him, but shy to admit that in public; common, admit it!

#3658 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:40

Birelman, you would not be first person to claim being free of personal bias. Admittedly I for one do not believe that there is such state of mind at all, and whether you accept this or not will not change that. You could feel indeferent to MS's adventures of 2010, but then, what are you doing in this thread, if you don't care? I think that you do care, and deep down you love him, but shy to admit that in public; common, admit it!

The point is, Sakae, there is a yawning gulf between non-worship and hate. It´s not just black and white as you and the other Schumacher-worshippers paint it.

One can be mildly against Schumacher, one can find him unsympathetic, one can find him unsporting (based on his record), one can find him obnoxious, and one can outright "hate" him.
And many other degradations on the way.

So while Birelman is certainly not just a non-worshipper, he is for sure no hater either.
It´s interesting some of you guys always bring that term "hate" in.

EDIT:

"common, admit it!"

Edited by aditya-now, 19 July 2010 - 16:42.

#3659 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,149 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:43

It´s interesting some of you guys always bring that term "hate" in.

Excuse me, but you have a wrong poster to make it stick.

Advertisement

#3660 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 17:52

I love the way anybody not big Schumacher fan is being painted as having British anti-German bias --- Speaking for myself I was a Schumacher fan but I got put off by his dirty driving. I still rank him at the bottom end of my all time top ten, I rate two german drivers above him Jochen Rindt (who was actually German not Austrian) and Bernd Rosemeyer.

#3661 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,149 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 18:03

I love the way anybody not big Schumacher fan is being painted as having British anti-German bias --- Speaking for myself I was a Schumacher fan but I got put off by his dirty driving. I still rank him at the bottom end of my all time top ten, I rate two german drivers above him Jochen Rindt (who was actually German not Austrian) and Bernd Rosemeyer.

Well, you have very unique perspective.

#3662 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,525 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 21:03

Sakae, you reveal much about yourself as opposed to others. There are people who go to GPs with their faces painted waving huge flags and generally being "humorous" and those who move camp to a quieter and more comfortable part of the hill. The latter more closely represent my approach to racing - go and enjoy yourself and keep an eye on the entire field. Racing is pretty one-dimensional if you only follow one driver and continually find reasons and excuses why he didn't win today.

I agree that some people here have gone over the top with their criticism of Michael who can hardly make a M-B 01 a winner at present. On the other hand he is getting a little shaded by the young Rosberg against most people's predictions and no amount of glossing over it will change the facts.

#3663 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:44

Well, you have very unique perspective.

I think it´s not that unique - if you know anything about racing, you would at least regard it a possibility to have Rosemeyer and Rindt in any top ten.
For a poster like Britishtrident it only shows his intimate knowledge of the sport.

And boy were they exiting (Rindt and Rosemeyer)!

#3664 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:47

Sakae, you reveal much about yourself as opposed to others. There are people who go to GPs with their faces painted waving huge flags and generally being "humorous" and those who move camp to a quieter and more comfortable part of the hill. The latter more closely represent my approach to racing - go and enjoy yourself and keep an eye on the entire field. Racing is pretty one-dimensional if you only follow one driver and continually find reasons and excuses why he didn't win today.

I agree that some people here have gone over the top with their criticism of Michael who can hardly make a M-B 01 a winner at present. On the other hand he is getting a little shaded by the young Rosberg against most people's predictions and no amount of glossing over it will change the facts.

A good statement.

These one-dimensional people are also very peeved when their favorite driver drops out of contention, there is basically nothing to watch for them anymore.
Whereas, if you love racing as such, a GP is exiting from the first to the last moment (with some notable exceptions.... :) ) many drivers are doing the best they can and it´s great to watch them doing so.

#3665 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,382 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:40

Seems clear that the difference was a combination of tyre performance and track differences. Firstly, Goodyear brought their new wider fronts to Argentina giving an improvement. Secondly, the Ferrari was likely the same car in both races having been back to back flyaway races to south America.

On a side note, a .5 second advantage in qualifying back in 98 meant nothing come Sunday. Car performance back in those days was radically different between Saturday and Sunday due to the tyre war, race fuel load vs qualifying fuel load, sunday morning warm up changes, plus all the other changes such as qualifying engines and qualifying aero parts etc.

But when Schumacher finishes a minute down in Brazil in THE RACE, and then in Argentina, new Goodyears aside, wins the race with, as you say, the same car that was in the other flyaways... that's impressive...

As I said, 1998 was the best I saw Schumacher drove, and gave Hakkinen a lot to think about in a car that just wasn't as good as the McLaren...

I am not a Schumacher fan, and I don't want to look like someone who will blindly follow him whatever he does. But any F1 fan would find it hard to deny that Schumacher was the best of his generation, and one of the best of all time... yes his era was started by the death of the last 'one', but Schumacher sure took the cards fate had dealt him well...

#3666 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 00:57

Stop the group hug crap you're making me sick, this is the Atlas F1 forums - harden the f*** up god dam it!!

So you like controversy?

On the other hand, when we do not sing Michael´s praises to the sweetest tune, you get easily grumpy as well....

Talk about a double bind.

#3667 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:49

So you like controversy?

On the other hand, when we do not sing Michael´s praises to the sweetest tune, you get easily grumpy as well....

Talk about a double bind.

No I just dislike comments from shallow people who don't even come close to understanding the depth of what it takes to be successful in motor racing at any level.

Besides Jerez '97 I haven't seen much other thats worthy of belittling MS that pretty much every other driver isn't guilty of but then again he's not British is he nor was his team 'ey?

Speaking of Jerez '97, why is it that the far worse way that Mika got his win there with first DC moving aside and then another team moving over, which is race fixing, is never mentioned but Austria 2002 is splashed every week somewhere? I guess Mika is a nice guy who drives for a British team and it was another British team that coluded.

Why is it at Adelaide 1994 that MS who had every right being well in front to close that gap to stop the impetuous and stupid Hill passing is the one of the worst but everyone forgets that it was Hill who was responsible for ultimately getting MS disqualified for 3 races.

Why are the British incapable of putting the 1994 season into it's true context? MS beat Hill all year and Hill would not have a hope in hell of the championship and only had any hope because of 4 races missed by MS. One of those races that MS won, Spa, he was disqualified because the FIA didn't have a clarification to cover gouges in the plank and had no choice to DSQ him but changed the rule immediately after.

What a bunch of bigots you are.

#3668 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:51

I think he was joking?

Dry humour is missed by many.

#3669 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:32

Why are the British incapable of putting the 1994 season into it's true context? MS beat Hill all year and Hill would not have a hope in hell of the championship and only had any hope because of 4 races missed by MS. One of those races that MS won, Spa, he was disqualified because the FIA didn't have a clarification to cover gouges in the plank and had no choice to DSQ him but changed the rule immediately after.

While I am not British, I think it´s clear that Michael made his mark in 1994, 1997 and 2006. I am amazed you are still denying the obvious - this smells of revisionism. ;)

#3670 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,143 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:37

No I just dislike comments from shallow people who don't even come close to understanding the depth of what it takes to be successful in motor racing at any level.

Besides Jerez '97 I haven't seen much other thats worthy of belittling MS that pretty much every other driver isn't guilty of but then again he's not British is he nor was his team 'ey?

Speaking of Jerez '97, why is it that the far worse way that Mika got his win there with first DC moving aside and then another team moving over, which is race fixing, is never mentioned but Austria 2002 is splashed every week somewhere? I guess Mika is a nice guy who drives for a British team and it was another British team that coluded.

Why is it at Adelaide 1994 that MS who had every right being well in front to close that gap to stop the impetuous and stupid Hill passing is the one of the worst but everyone forgets that it was Hill who was responsible for ultimately getting MS disqualified for 3 races.

Not to mention in recent years Hill himself has said he should not have went for a closing gap and he should of waited. I think people make 1994 out to be more than what it was.

#3671 man

man

• 1,300 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:22

While I am not British, I think it´s clear that Michael made his mark in 1994, 1997 and 2006. I am amazed you are still denying the obvious - this smells of revisionism.;)

Ah shame you are not British- if you were you could conveniently fit the well thought-out generalisation that all Brits that happen to dislike the methodology used by M Schumacher must logically mean they are racist. :-)

#3672 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:48

Ah shame you are not British- if you were you could conveniently fit the well thought-out generalisation that all Brits that happen to dislike the methodology used by M Schumacher must logically mean they are racist. :-)

:lol:

Well, I am Austrian living in Hamburg, but the point is, that also in the German speaking world Schumacher and his methodology is not that well received.

#3673 man

man

• 1,300 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:56

Yep I fully understand having German members in my family and having been to Germany countless times. Many Germans appear to be a bit embarrassed by M Schumacher in terms of his personality and general presence. Yes there are thousands upon thousand that pack the stands in Hockenheim but as I understand it they are as sad as the daily mail/the sun readers that used to go to Silverstone and created Mansell Mania. :-)

#3674 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 323 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:09

I still maintain even now that JV would have gone straight on at that corner and in to the gravel if he hadn't hit Michael. Very well calculated move on many levels.

#3675 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,525 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:27

..... thread degenerates into racist ranting and claims of bigotry, sigh..... :yawnface:

#3676 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:52

OfficialMGP Michael's arrived at the track and is having lunch with Shov, Bono and our Chief Engineer Simon at the moment...

#3677 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,788 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:16

Indeed Vettel is right. If MS was just anybody he would out of drive right now.

A silly comment, non?

Why would he be out of a drive?

1 DNF
2 race points finishes lost to poor rule interpretation (Monaco and Valencia)
1 race on shot tyres and poor strategy (Canada)

He's bettered his team mate 3 times (2 if you take Monaco out of the equation)

If Schumacher should be out then so should Massa, Petrov, Trulli etc who have looked far more amateurish than Schumacher.

Schumacher is here to stay, better get used to it.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 22 July 2010 - 20:28.

#3678 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:20

If Schumacher should be out then so should Kubica who has looked far more amateurish than Schumacher.

Not to speak about Alonso :)

#3679 bobban86

bobban86

• 105 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:26

I think that Schumacher has been very open this year (contrary to how it was when he was at Ferrari) about what he likes to drive, what the problem is etc. Not often drivers are that open with what they have problems with!

Advertisement

#3680 as65p

as65p

• 16,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:29

On the upside, it can only get better from here. I guess a top 6 finish would already be hailed as a great result.

Well, unless Rosberg is in the podium again...  ;)

#3681 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:33

Schumacher still committed to F1 through 2012
http://www.f1reports...1/article/6697/

#3682 slaveceru

slaveceru

• 180 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:36

I think that Schumacher has been very open this year (contrary to how it was when he was at Ferrari) about what he likes to drive, what the problem is etc. Not often drivers are that open with what they have problems with!

Because he has accomplished everything and he is used to deal with pressure. As he has stated several times this season in F1 he knows what to do to become better and he knew that it would be hard to come back so he is not surprised like most of the gays here who are dwelling on his bad results.

#3683 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:38

Schumacher is here to stay, better get used to it.

Yes, yesterday Schumacher confirmed that he will see through his contract with Mercedes GP till the end of 2012.
Interesting, he definitely wants to have a go at it and believes that with 42 or 43 he will still be competitive (or rather, competitive again).
Fascinating experiment, lets see the outcome.

#3684 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:43

I could not imagine him doing something better or interesting. This new F1 is not so demanding like personal time, he can stay more with his family and work 7-10 days(per month) like F1 driver. It is like dream. And even being paid for this. Who could turn down offer like this?
legardj: Schumacher says expectations on comeback impossible to meet, restarting in a car that doesn't give him the chance to be so successful

Edited by ivand911, 22 July 2010 - 13:35.

#3685 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,487 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 14:41

Reading through this thread, it occurred to me that I have a very important bit of news to communicate.

In fact my father is a plastic surgeon, and one of his clients was a certain Michael Schumacher. He asked for a longer chin and nose. Miracles being impossible the result is what you all know. But his real face was this:
The real Michael SchumacherPosted Image

This makes the sense of this thread become clear: I was not the only one in the secret.

Edited by RSNS, 22 July 2010 - 14:42.

#3686 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,149 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 14:54

Autosport as usually takes their own take on this, but nevermind, his intentions are being reaffirmed as expected. I do not want to presume too much, but I hope his position reflects upon all stakeholder' feelings. Excellent reassurance.

Edited by Sakae, 22 July 2010 - 15:36.

#3687 bobban86

bobban86

• 105 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 15:30

:up:

#3688 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 15:36

This is awesome!! I get to see him lose races for another 2 seasons? :up:

#3689 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:34

It's only news for those ywho don't believe.. When he wins races and starts to go for the title, expect huge silence from alot of cowards in the forum who will never confess of their quick judgements to kick down one of the best of all time who came back, learned and did it again.

Seeing is believing, he won't leave f1 without a strong fight for the title and his own satisfaction in extracting more from a mercedes f1 car to showcase improvement. Patience is the key.

#3690 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:38

It's only news for those ywho don't believe.. When he wins races and starts to go for the title, expect huge silence from alot of cowards in the forum who will never confess of their quick judgements to kick down one of the best of all time who came back, learned and did it again.

Seeing is believing, he won't leave f1 without a strong fight for the title and his own satisfaction in extracting more from a mercedes f1 car to showcase improvement. Patience is the key.

Well, one thing is sure consistent, his fans share his same spirit and determination, even if unreallistic :)

#3691 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:40

I thought his motion sickness in the sims was the key? Key to failure that is these days :lol:

#3692 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 18:28

Today is the day everything begins. :rotfl: You are so funny.

#3693 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,149 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 20:05

Well, one thing is sure consistent, his fans share his same spirit and determination, even if unreallistic :)

Why unrealistic?
Cave man lived till 45.
I have seen in Okinawa an old man to take a rest in shade who was allegedly over 100 years of age.

I see no reason why Michael cannot win one more WDC crown before he retires for good. Someone needs to push the frontier, and he could be the one to do that (just to cheesed off bunch of no-sayers).

Edited by Sakae, 22 July 2010 - 20:08.

#3694 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 20:08

Why unrealistic?
Cave man lived till 45.
I have seen in Okinawa an old man to take a rest in shade who was allegedly over 100 years of age.

I see no reason why Michael cannot win one more WDC crown before he retires for good. Someone needs to push the frontier, and he could be the one to do that (just to cheesed off bunch of no-sayers).

Haha, I stand by what you quoted :)

#3695 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,788 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 20:26

My opinion is that he'll retire next year after a competitive year but ultimately will lose out to Rosberg. He'll still on in 2012 as an 'advisor' like he did at Ferrari or as a 3rd Driver.

I also think Mercedes will be stronger next year but fall way again and 2010 will be a repeat of 2010 and Schumacher won't want that. Remember, they're still the same inconsistent Honda/BAR team with performance peaks and troughs.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 22 July 2010 - 20:27.

#3696 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 21:46

Today is the day everything begins. :rotfl:

Sounds like B-movie slogan. Suits for a B-rate F1 driver I guess.

#3697 femi

femi

• 6,063 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:01

committed to F1 in what capacity, driver or manager?

#3698 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:46

I guess it depends from year 2011. I have doubts that MGP will have car better than 3rd of 4th best.

#3699 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:52

I guess it depends from year 2011. I have doubts that MGP will have car better than 3rd of 4th best.

Why is that? :p

You think Renault will beat MGP next year. Or perhaps Williams?

I think MGP is safe for atleast 4th place next year.

edit: And I think MGP will stop developing the car now and concentrate on 2011 from now on. Lotus is doing the same. Because neither Nico or MS is going to win the WDC this year.

Edited by Simon Says, 23 July 2010 - 06:53.

Advertisement

#3700 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:56

:p

He certaintly can win a title, didn't Jenson showed that last year :p

The question is, if he can beat Nico when MGP have the best car on the grid.