Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#4051 alfiebengal

alfiebengal

• 112 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 14:49

What a pathetic waste of forum space.

Now we have armchair race experts and armchair psychologists, all in one.

You can doubt whatever you want about his past. Doesn't mean you are right or that whatever happens this season can provide evidence either way.

Nobody is forcing you to read it, so don't bother if it upsets you. Life's too short......................

Advertisement

#4052 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 14:52

An apology? What next , a hug? :rotfl:

#4053 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 14:54

I don't think he meant everybody would love him. No body is successful in life without making enemies. And lets be honest. He is the most successful. Doesn't matter what you say about him. He re-wrote the records. By being the best.

Thing is that his detractors have always expected him to 'open up' in some way,to apologize for the misery he's given them all these years,to kiss and make up so everyone could finally come out of the closet and openly admire him,no holds barred: he didn't,and I'm simply saying he won't. They have this weird value system in their minds that separates success from ruthlessness,that's simply not possible. And as I said,they'll cry,moan and bash him for it now-not one person will care a hundred years from now. He'll always be remembered as the face of F1,all the moaning forgotten. Like Fangio,Clark,Stewart or Villeneuve before him. Or Senna,in which case we're in a transition from the 'ruthless bastard but a martyr nevertheless' phase to some kind of surreal reverence in mainstream media. Ditto with all of them. Fickle public=much like the Roman vulgus,. Hold them afar,not worth a dime.

#4054 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,541 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:07

Can a driver with the most illustrious career in the history of our sport really have been THAT good if he can't get the speed out of his car achieved by his far less experienced teammate just because the tyres don't suit him ?

Like most racing fans I was excited by the thought of Schumacher mixing it with Hamilton, Button and Co and when he was paired with Rosberg ( a driver I have always rated highly ) I thought that he would quickly gain the advantage.

However it really pains me to see him return to the track and struggle, particularly as he has faired so badly against Rosberg in the same car.

So is it time to re-appraise the Schumacher legend ?

Undoubtedly Schumacher is a highly skilled driver but maybe he's not actually quite as good as an Alonso, Hamilton or a Vettel ?

We have an example of Hamilton who can get lap times out of the McLaren that Jenson can only dream about when the car is not set up just how he likes it. That probably makes Lewis the better driver overall for most fans, particularly on a dry track.

So, could the Schumacher legend be more down to the unique combination of the ruthless and highly skilled Team Management of Jean Todt and Ross Braun ?

I've never been a particular fan of Schumacher or Senna for that matter : They may have been fast but in my view there have been plenty of worthy World Champions who have behaved in an honourable way on track.

But I don't raise this question to do him down, I simply don't know the answer.

How would Alonso do if he was retired for 3 years? He would be just like Schu. Next year Schu will be better off, because everyone starts with the same tyres and we shall see how good he really is.

Edited by George Costanza, 02 August 2010 - 15:08.

#4055 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 184 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:13

Let's face it, we've all been armchair experts at some stage be it football f1 boxing athletics etc we can sit at home and think "why didn't you do that" "why didn't you shoot" "why didn't you hit the apex". M Schumacher became an armchair fan like the rest of us, with surprising confidence he claimed he was going for the WDC. Most realists would not be surprised by his performances this year. If we put his previous career into context there were plenty upon plenty of question marks on what he could e capable of in a neutral environment against a decent driver and competition. M Schumacher got carried away and thought "I can take these youngsters". Reality kicked him in the teeth. He has been spanked by Rosberg who was never ranked as one of the very top drivers. M Schumachers driving has shown lots of signs of desperation with little composure. Truck load of mistakes into the bargain as well. His attitude has changed since the start of te season too. It seemed he had mellowed out a bit but as his beatings continued, dished out by Rosberg and even the likes of Alg in the TR he has rapidly lost all coolness. His driving is ragged and desperate now. Maybe he is experimenting maybe he isn't, if he is it has come from pure desperation. In his interviews he is back to his old arrogant rude self as he often was first time around when he was under pressure or produced one of his numb nuts moves. He is slow, he is arrogant, he appears to have psychotic traits and it really is pitiful for all watching. He comes across as a very sad man in his 40s with a few screw lose. A shame because when he entered the arena in 1991 he appeared to be a happy go lucky type. M Schumacher has desperate traits, he will do anything to get his away without giving a second thought for others. life is too short to have such little compassion for human life. His teammates father Keke was a one time world champion who perhaps didn't achieve as much as he perhaps could but still to thi day all that saw him race will look back with fond memories of his skill charisma and conduct within the sport. Being a decent human being comes before winning. It's been said many times already but M Schumacher now really is the F1 version of Tyson in his latter year of boxing... A pathetic case. Still, it generates much interest because people are curious about those who display such destructive careless behaviour. The even sadder aspect for M Schimacher was that even in his "Succesful" years people were never fully convinced by him due to his unique circumstances... Tyson on the hand really was a phenominal talent in his prime. I actually feel for M Schumacher. The guy genuinely has psychological issues and being in te public light. His blatant flaws are there for the whole world to see. He can't help being who he is.

Oh my god :lol:

#4056 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:17

How would Alonso do if he was retired for 3 years? He would be just like Schu. Next year Schu will be better off, because everyone starts with the same tyres and we shall see how good he really is.

They all started with different tyres this year?

What if he can't get used to next years tyres either?

#4057 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:20

They all started with different tyres this year?

What if he can't get used to next years tyres either?

Then he´ll, rightly so, quit.

Edited by Urawa, 02 August 2010 - 15:20.

#4058 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:35

I think Martin Brundle summed it up perfectly on the forum.

In races where Micheal has been less than fair, shall we say. He may have 3 less wins and one less championship. But he would more revered throughout the world.

If it weren't for these issues in the past, then people may be more forgivng. But thats the way he is. Which, sometimes, is a shame.

But, as I previously said, yesterdays was the worst. Due to the speed.

I honestly think the 94 incident was 50-50 even Hill has said that himself since he has been retired. He desevre the 94 championship IMO

#4059 Paco

Paco

• 1,217 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:55

Seems like Michael's close relationship with Bridgestone/Ferrari and being able to "develop" tires suiting his driving style may have deterimentally affected his driving. Being catered to all these years at Ferrari seems to have taken some of genious out of him that was sooo evident during his rookies and early years. The early years, he'd find a solution like Nico has been doing vs. trolling along seconds behind his team mate during the majority of races. Sure the Merc team is having issues but at the end of the day, Nico's figured how to get the fronts to work better from the word go then Michael has.

Hopefully, 2010 is an off year and he comes back strong next season. I for one am not interested in watching a Legend get spanked again by his teammate next season.

Advertisement

#4060 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:57

Seems like Michael's close relationship with Bridgestone/Ferrari and being able to "develop" tires suiting his driving style may have deterimentally affected his driving. Being catered to all these years at Ferrari seems to have taken some of genious out of him that was sooo evident during his rookies and early years. The early years, he'd find a solution like Nico has been doing vs. trolling along seconds behind his team mate during the majority of races. Sure the Merc team is having issues but at the end of the day, Nico's figured how to get the fronts to work better from the word go then Michael has.

Hopefully, 2010 is an off year and he comes back strong next season. I for one am not interested in watching a Legend get spanked again by his teammate next season.

Its partly his teams fault this year as well IMO I really dont think they get along and have the same ideas. When youl look at the team somethng just does not seem right.

#4061 EVO2

EVO2

• 754 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 16:45

Let's see, Every driver started this season with a different car from last year and with different tyres.
In the case of Mercedes, both drivers were also new to the team.

I would have thought that this would have given Nico and Michael a reasonably level playing field

Yet Michael has been comprehensively beaten by his less experienced teammate over 2/3 of the season. Surely he has had enough races to be up to speed with Nico ?

This indicates to me that the legend that is undoubtably Michael Schumacher may owe a lot more to Ferrari and the team management than any of us thought at the time.

On a wider point, the incredibly small gaps we have been seeing between 1st and 10th place on the grid, despite Red Bull's fantastic car, indicates that in sheer pace you could probably measure the difference between the top 10 drivers in very few tenths, even if they were all driving identical cars.

It takes difficult conditions to bring out the highest skills behind the wheel and the very fastest driver is not always going to be the quickest in the rain.
But it's looking increasingly clear that the difference in skill levels between the current top 10 drivers is nothing like as broad as we've all previously thought.
Maybe Michael Schumacher is just one of the top ten most skilled drivers of the 20th Century, and certainly not Numero Uno.

Maybe he isn't even one of the top five.

#4062 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 16:49

Let's see, Every driver started this season with a different car from last year and with different tyres.

I would have thought that this would have given Nico and Michael a reasonably level playing field

Yet Michael has been comprehensively beaten by his less experienced teammate over 2/3 of the season. Surely he has had enough races to be up to speed with Nico ?

This indicates to me that the legend that is undoubtably Michael Schumacher may owe a lot more to Ferrari and the team management than any of us thought at the time.

On a wider point, the incredibly small gaps we have been seeing between 1st and 10th place on the grid, despite Red Bull's fantastic car, indicates that in sheer pace you could probably measure the difference between the top 10 drivers in very few tenths, even if they were all driving identical cars.

It takes difficult conditions to bring out the highest skills behind the wheel and the very fastest driver is not always going to be the quickest in the rain.
But it's looking increasingly clear that the difference in skill levels between the current top 10 drivers is nothing like as broad as we've all previously thought.
Maybe Michael Schumacher is just one of the top ten most skilled drivers of the 20th Century, and certainly not Numero Uno.

And what is your crystal ball saying?

#4063 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 16:58

Putting aside that I am a bit of a fan of MS, I really wouldn't care who this post was written about, Senna, Prost, Fangio etc - it is one of the most unsound and not based in reality posts I have seen posted.

Senna for example didn't win a WDC in the Toleman did he? He won it in the finest race car on the track of the day as did Jim Clark - does that also make them average drivers too? etc etc....

You know very little about motor racing.

#4064 EVO2

EVO2

• 754 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 17:10

And what is your crystal ball saying?

I don't have a crystal ball ! I'm going by the facts, not future speculation, or wishful thinking in the case of the braindead hardcore Schumacher fans out there.

( Note today's apology you lot ! - It may have been very late and rather half-hearted but it's a bigger climbdown than he's ever made before ! )

By way of clarification, I'm not suggesting that Schumacher, or any other driver is not exceptionally skilled :
I floated the idea of a re-appraisal of Schumacher's career because the events of this season are starting to convince me that maybe he isn't quite as exceptionally skilled vis a vis other drivers of his generation, as we thought.

Then the conclusion would inevitably be that the role of the people running the Ferrari team may have had a far greater influence on the results than was previously assumed.

Edited by EVO2, 02 August 2010 - 17:16.

#4065 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 17:16

I don't have a crystal ball ! I'm going by the facts, not future speculation, or wishful thinking in the case of the braindead hardcore Schumacher fans out there.

( Note today's apology you lot ! - It may have been very late and rather half-hearted but it's a bigger climbdown than he's ever made before ! )

I floated the idea of a re-appraisal of Schumacher's career because the events of this season are starting to convince me that maybe he isn't quite as exceptionally skilled vis a vis other drivers of his generation, as we thought.

Then the conclusion would inevitably be that the role of the people running the Ferrari team may have had a far greater influence on the results than was previously assumed.

And he is 41 ,good moment to make conclusion? When we have another 41 year old coming in F1 after 3 years , we can make some comparison and to decide something. But now we will compare what with what. Maybe Villeneuve will help us next year. For now he is P9 in championship , with this car and problems in the races he have I think is doing OK. Now the car is 6-7 best car.

Edited by ivand911, 02 August 2010 - 17:19.

#4066 EVO2

EVO2

• 754 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 17:25

And he is 41 ,good moment to make conclusion? When we have another 41 year old coming in F1 after 3 years , we can make some comparison and to decide something. But now we will compare what with what. Maybe Villeneuve will help us next year.

There have been plenty of 41 year old Grand Prix drivers in the past. Schumie is probably still one of the fittest in the pit lane and has vast experience in both racecraft and setting up a car.
Also bear in mind his long history of working closely with Ross Braun. These are all all factors in Schumacher's favour that would tend to even things out somewhat against Rosberg's undoubted youth.

We will never know the effect that age may be having unless Rosberg and Schumacher both agreed to take reaction speed tests.
But I'm not the only person who has been surprised at how far behind Rosberg he is, particularly in qualifying.

#4067 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 17:31

Front tyres design hurting Schumacher
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85823

The excuses pile up

Good find, it's all in those two sentences:

"I think Nico, as part of the evolution of the tyres, is very skilled and very talented at using the tyres.

I don't think Michael has quite worked out how to get the best from these tyres."

Just what we are seeing all year, Rosberg being better than Schumacher (v2).

I use to criticise Kimi when tyres were used as an excuse to explain his sometimes poor performances relative to Massa often reciting MS has a driver who never had such issues and i said that Kimi was limited, now i read this, the legacy is somewhat tarnished

I see only what we all say for long time. Nico have advantage to be part of tyre evolution and he know tyres better. And Michael still don't know how to use tyres. Because on different tracks they have different tyres(compounds) every time. What he can use for comparison?

The tyres are new for everybody and will be new for everybody next year as well, MS pinning his hopes on the Pirelli tyres suiting him sounds quite desperate to me, Rosberg will still beat him

Why was Button struggling with handling yesterday while Hamilton had fewer issues? Tyres,of course. Why is Massa struggling to match his teammate's form this year? Tyres. Doesn't pay to have a driving style similar to that of Michael Schumacher. Why has Rosberg outperformed Michael this season? Surprise-TYRES: he's had a entire friggin' year to understand them. Rosberg's engineering degree also gives him an edge over Michael,I suppose. :well:

Tyres,tyres,tyres....all there is to it. Get a degree in tyre technology and the world is at your feet.

You're saying that Button has a similar driving style to MS?

Sounds like the last roll of the dice to me

#4068 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 17:32

And he is 41 ,

I hope that's not part of his problem, as next year he'll be 42.

#4069 Greem

Greem

• 324 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 17:47

I went on factory tour to Mercedes GP last week. One of the test engineers (who gave up a good part of his afternoon to speak to us) confirmed what Ross Brawn has now said in public; the concentration on the 2009 WDC/WCC meant that the 2010 car MS is driving now just isn't good enough.

Wait until next year, when the car will have been designed around him. If he hasn't decided to take all the public approbation on board and quit before the season starts, we could well see MS back where he's used to...

Edited by Greem, 02 August 2010 - 17:47.

#4070 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 18:12

I went on factory tour to Mercedes GP last week. One of the test engineers (who gave up a good part of his afternoon to speak to us) confirmed what Ross Brawn has now said in public; the concentration on the 2009 WDC/WCC meant that the 2010 car MS is driving now just isn't good enough.

Wait until next year, when the car will have been designed around him. If he hasn't decided to take all the public approbation on board and quit before the season starts, we could well see MS back where he's used to...

Red Bull and McLaren were still developing their cars right upto seasons end

#4071 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 18:44

Yes Michael Schumacher was the best in 2002. In 1963, 1975, 1983 (years at random)? Not so sure.

#4072 Greem

Greem

• 324 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 18:45

Red Bull and McLaren were still developing their cars right upto seasons end

Can't speak for Red Bull, but Mercedes have about half the staff that McLaren have. They used to have 1000, but Brawn had to make 500 or more redundant last year and they've stuck with that number. There are only so many hours in the day...
The folks we spoke to were very candid about the fact that this year's car just isn't up where they wanted it to be. I thought that was very refreshing, personally.

#4073 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,541 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 19:26

This season for Schumacher was a learning process, I mean, some people have insanely high standards because he won the title 7 times and won all over, but even they need to expect that Schu is not Superman, and he needs more time. Low expectations for this season at the beginning was and is ideal.

2011 or he will retire, I believe...

#4074 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 19:36

Can't speak for Red Bull, but Mercedes have about half the staff that McLaren have. They used to have 1000, but Brawn had to make 500 or more redundant last year and they've stuck with that number. There are only so many hours in the day...
The folks we spoke to were very candid about the fact that this year's car just isn't up where they wanted it to be. I thought that was very refreshing, personally.

Thanks for sharing. :)

#4075 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,685 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 19:41

I believe the new Mercedes will suit Schumacher much much better and the tyres coming from Pirelli as Ross Brawn eluded to will be much more normal and not KERS complimentary. I'm looking forward to Michael having much better races next year but unless he gets in the McLaren, Ferrari or RedBull teams he still won't be able to win.

#4076 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 19:42

That´s a reasonable assumption.
Only that some people already previously assumed just that.

#4077 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 21:17

Good to bring this up again, even if no one is paying much attention, I am afraid. MGP team is judged on the same criteria as rest of them. It's unfortunate, but that's what it is.

MGP is not the one who is taking beating. Michael's fans, and science of Statistics taking whacking as well. :)

#4078 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:05

http://sniffpetrol.c...r-shifts-focus/

#4079 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 00:59

Thats a fair comment to make and i hope Mercedes are able to produce a better car for next year, the overriding problem for MS though is the fact he's getting beat by Rosberg and Roberg's not going to go away

Advertisement

#4080 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,541 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:34

http://sniffpetrol.c...r-shifts-focus/

1995? :lol:

The 1995 Vintage Schu. What a year. :lol:

#4081 jimm

jimm

• 3,228 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:11

Michael wouldn't have achieved what he has in life without making enemies across the board. Goes for all walks of life. You rise to the top,you'll have your share of haters. Point is that if you tried to pacify the vulgar crowd you'd end up falling by the wayside-a lesson the current generation is learning quickly,I think. MS chose not to. And nobody-not one person-will give a rat's ass a hundred years from now.

Really? Prost pretty much admired by most and for the most part thought to be a pretty fair competitor...also has the second most wins and 3rd most championships (within 3 points of 3 more) and did it while taking on 5 future, current or past WDC in the same car with no team orders while driving turbo cars, active cars, etc. 1 incident in his entire career that you could say was below board. The man is pretty much respected by most if not all in the pitlane now as then. So you don;t need to be a total douchebag to be successful at this level.

I could forgive some of the actions when he was 24 and stupid. At 41 it is a bit tired.

#4082 jimm

jimm

• 3,228 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:13

Putting aside that I am a bit of a fan of MS, I really wouldn't care who this post was written about, Senna, Prost, Fangio etc - it is one of the most unsound and not based in reality posts I have seen posted.

Senna for example didn't win a WDC in the Toleman did he? He won it in the finest race car on the track of the day as did Jim Clark - does that also make them average drivers too? etc etc....

You know very little about motor racing.

I would argue that the 1991 WDC was not won with the finest car on the track...that was the Williams and his 1988 WDC was won against the second most succesful driver in F1 history driving the same car with no team orders. Clearly different from MS.

Edited by jimm, 03 August 2010 - 04:15.

#4083 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:53

I would argue that the 1991 WDC was not won with the finest car on the track...that was the Williams and his 1988 WDC was won against the second most succesful driver in F1 history driving the same car with no team orders. Clearly different from MS.

not to mention that in 88 he beat head to head one of the 3 most decorated drivers of all time, without team orders, car and tires designed specifically for him, etc, etc, etc..

Edited by Birelman, 03 August 2010 - 04:53.

#4084 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:16

I agree in whole with the rest of your post except for this bit. 1991 was a strange year in terms of car performance and there is no doubt the Williams was the class of the field for the 2nd half of 1991. The first half though...I think its fair to say Senna had the better package. Williams had alot of teething problems and until they got on top of that, McLaren took an advantage which they would not have again until 1998.

Don't forget IIRC Senna won the first 4 or 5 races of that season straight.

#4085 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:19

Good to bring this up again, even if no one is paying much attention, I am afraid. MGP team is judged on the same criteria as rest of them. It's unfortunate, but that's what it is.

MGP is not the one who is taking beating. Michael's fans, and science of Statistics taking whacking as well. :)

I concur with others who think it is time to revoke Michael´s superlicense. Take him out of the races before something serious happens. It is like with an aging boxer who should be taken out of the ring before something serious happens.

#4086 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:22

This season for Schumacher was a learning process, I mean, some people have insanely high standards because he won the title 7 times....

It´s not people who have insanely high standards but Schumacher who announced before the season that he would enter one more time in order to win the WDC....
Schumacher is well known for his humility. After all, it´s F1, not a "coffee race".

#4087 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:23

I'm looking forward to Michael having much better races next year but unless he gets in the McLaren, Ferrari or RedBull teams he still won't be able to win.

So do you see Rosberg "going away" for Michael to make this transformation Juan?

#4088 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:26

I do not know what will happen, whether he can make the magic happen again or not.. but it certainly is and will be fun finding out.

#4089 peroa

peroa

• 8,984 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:30

I believe the new Mercedes will suit Schumacher much much better and the tyres coming from Pirelli as Ross Brawn eluded to will be much more normal and not KERS complimentary. I'm looking forward to Michael having much better races next year but unless he gets in the McLaren, Ferrari or RedBull teams he still won't be able to win.

IMHO I will be surprised if MS is on the grid next year, especially if he continues like that.
I don't think he will quit, he is to stubborn for that, but the Merc board will take a decision.

#4090 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:01

I do not know what will happen, whether he can make the magic happen again or not.. but it certainly is and will be fun finding out.

Depending whether you're a fan or not. Seems preposterous that a change of design direction will guarantee a rather large advantage over your quicker teammate. :)

#4091 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:04

Depending whether you're a fan or not.

Not really. everyone here seems to be enjoying the cut and thrust of debate about him very much this year, whatever their position and however passionately held it is.

#4092 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,261 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:12

IMHO I will be surprised if MS is on the grid next year, especially if he continues like that.
I don't think he will quit, he is to stubborn for that, but the Merc board will take a decision.

Hockenheim & Hungaroring was almot full, after last year this tracks was almost empty. Schumi still the most poular driver in the world. Off course not is Spain or in Britain, but these two country is just a very small part of the globe even if the BBC staff might otherwise see...

#4093 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:20

It´s not people who have insanely high standards but Schumacher who announced before the season that he would enter one more time in order to win the WDC....
Schumacher is well known for his humility. After all, it´s F1, not a "coffee race".

and he's the first one who said it's a multi year deal
he's also the first one that said the car sucks. rosberg kept saying the car is great. guess who proved the car was not at all great as a basis for development.

he has always been very realistic and straight forward talking about his performance. I don't know what else he can do/say to prove he doesn't talk bshit about own (and team's) performance.

#4094 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,802 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:30

The "magic" was a slowed down teammate and superior equipment.

#4095 Logan

Logan

• 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:39

Let's not overreact it.

AFAIK it's pretty much common to every driver and team member to have friends at other teams and share a chat, a drink or meal with them sometimes - even at HOSTILE hospitalities, OMG...

MSC seeing guys at a team he worked for 10+ years, OMG, traitor.

Sometimes I'm missing the "Hungary 1998 revisited" or the "Who was better, Brawn or Schumacher" threads...

Hahaa am just going through all these old threads, apologise if this is old news (and from the looks of it, was a damn painful conversation by you all there!) but couldn´t help commenting on your conversation here guys. You´re like a bunch of old ladies!! Think J.Bravo had it right when he said he´s missing those kinds of threads. Wasn´t aware how bitchy yáll can get in here haha!!! I love it!

#4096 as65p

as65p

• 17,789 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:48

and he's the first one who said it's a multi year deal
he's also the first one that said the car sucks. rosberg kept saying the car is great. guess who proved the car was not at all great as a basis for development.

Apparently you miss how with Rosberg the car is constantly upper midfield, at times with podium potential. Only under MS it's justified to claim that she sucks. Puzzling that... :drunk:

Multi year deal, yeah right. It's about the only escape road left ATM, and they're using it desperately. Problem is, it's a dead-end road.

#4097 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:01

Apparently you miss how with Rosberg the car is constantly upper midfield, at times with podium potential. Only under MS it's justified to claim that she sucks. Puzzling that... :drunk:

Multi year deal, yeah right. It's about the only escape road left ATM, and they're using it desperately. Problem is, it's a dead-end road.

Do you think we will see more podiums from Nico, for the remaining races? Or maybe if he is very lucky? I really don't expect.

#4098 as65p

as65p

• 17,789 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:07

Do you think we will see more podiums from Nico, for the remaining races? Or maybe if he is very lucky? I really don't expect.

Well, certainly not while they drain resources form this year to prepare for "big Schumis" attempt at world domination in 2011. :p

#4099 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:08

And that has what to do with the fact that MS prediction was realistic and Rosberg talked up the car more than once? The target was to win the races and the championship if I remember correctly. The car sucks, no matter in which hands, as it´s not even close to bring home what was expected 6 months ago.

Advertisement

#4100 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:11

I think he will surely start next year, they will give him one more chance with the next MGP car fully revamped with his driving style in mind. However, if that attempt turns out like this year, the board will certainly axe him after the next season, maybe even sooner than that.

But personally I think there is a good chance he's going to be much better next year and could then see out the third year.