* * * - - 7 votes

New Jersey GP? [merged]

• Please log in to reply
1221 replies to this topic

#601 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:35

If Suzuka was run opposite, not reverse but mirrored, it'd still be the same track.

Shame on you :p

Suzuka has figure of 8 to create both clock wise and anti clock wise conditions. rotating opposite is possible there in testing to create different testing conditions.

Advertisement

#602 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:39

Unless it's an oval, all tracks have clockwise and anti-clockwise conditions.

#603 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:48

Unless it's an oval, all tracks have clockwise and anti-clockwise conditions.

Your neck does not. Apparently human turn counter clockwise easier than clock wise.

heart is on your left Like the athletes track you should rotate it in anti clock wise so that the drivers take better actions and decisions in the corners.

#604 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:50

Your neck does not what?

#605 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:54

Your neck does not what?

Detail!

Driver's neck is more accustomed to clock wise tracks as there are more clock wise tracks in the calender. Anti clock wise track will force drivers to use weaker side of neck, that causes mistakes.

#606 sawyer_si

sawyer_si

• 347 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:01

For the love of God, please, stop with this maddens...

#607 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:03

That's simply not true. There is an emphasis for clockwise circuits but as they are made up of lefts and rights the laps themselves are relatively balanced.

What makes Brazil a neck killer is not that it is anti-clockwise but that so many of it's left handers are fast (very high neck loads) and the right hand corners are slow(low load). You could just as easily have a clockwise circuit that is very hard on the left side neck muscles.

But all of them equally strain the heart.

#608 Force Ten

Force Ten

• 3,240 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:07

Detail!

Driver's neck is more accustomed to clock wise tracks as there are more clock wise tracks in the calender. Anti clock wise track will force drivers to use weaker side of neck, that causes mistakes.

Yet they all magically survive Brazil every single year.

#609 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:14

:lol:
Why? Grab some popcorn,this is fun.

#610 discover23

discover23

• 4,398 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:22

I don't understand how is this neck discussion relevant to the topic.
What I find more interesting is the claim by government officials about the funding for the race which has zero cost to tax payers. So far everything which has been said appears to be a big plus for the area and its residents. Two thirds of temp jobs during the event will go to local residents. I am sure it will be something similar to Six flags-great adventure, where 9 out of 10 workers are local high school kids.

#611 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 18:10

If you believe in him then you are saved already.

#612 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 18:11

Yet they all magically survive Brazil every single year.

This is good. Brazil has always a great racing.

#613 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 18:12

I don't understand how is this neck discussion relevant to the topic.
What I find more interesting is the claim by government officials about the funding for the race which has zero cost to tax payers. So far everything which has been said appears to be a big plus for the area and its residents. Two thirds of temp jobs during the event will go to local residents. I am sure it will be something similar to Six flags-great adventure, where 9 out of 10 workers are local high school kids.

I assume marshals will not be a high school kids.

#614 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 18:19

That's simply not true. There is an emphasis for clockwise circuits but as they are made up of lefts and rights the laps themselves are relatively balanced.

What makes Brazil a neck killer is not that it is anti-clockwise but that so many of it's left handers are fast (very high neck loads) and the right hand corners are slow(low load). You could just as easily have a clockwise circuit that is very hard on the left side neck muscles.

But all of them equally strain the heart.

As the track rotate in right direction, your neck gets in total more G from your right to left. You can place here there a fast left hander but that is just a cosmetic.

#615 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 18:21

Marshalls don't get paid so it doesn't matter.

#616 August

August

• 2,252 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:24

Posted Image

After seeing that, I assume that's the official layout, not the following.

Posted Image

The first layout was the one they showed at the press conference.

#617 Gyan

Gyan

• 851 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:26

Posted Image

After seeing that, I assume that's the official layout, not the following.

Posted Image

The first layout was the one they showed at the press conference.

The layouts are the same. Apart from slight tweaks in T1-T3.

The bottom one is more detailed.

Edited by Gyan, 26 October 2011 - 20:28.

#618 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:30

Bottom layout has a longer straight between turns 1 and two, which makes the straight to turn 3 more diagonal. Basically that bottom bit in the lower left of the map is bigger.

#619 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,470 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:33

The layouts are the same. Apart from slight tweaks in T1-T3.

The bottom one is more detailed.

Yeah. Not much difference. I'd imagine they might tweak a few more things.

Advertisement

#620 August

August

• 2,252 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:36

I'd prefer the bottom layout, it'd mean faster T3, and higher speeds to non-runoff T4.

#621 Fourjays

Fourjays

• 242 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:36

I quite like the look of this track. Watching the video of the route on YouTube I think it will have a nice flow to it. Plus it looks more like a proper street circuit and less like a concrete jungle with 3 miles of run-off to neuter it.

#622 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,470 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:38

The pit exit reminds me of the adventure that was the Houston pit exit in CART.

#623 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:38

If you do nor race WITH manhattan, Why the H3ll do F1 has to go to Manhattan? The most blames me of being obsessed with views, but this is not true. I wan tot EXPERIENCE MANHATTAN's POWER while being involved in Formula One race there. The current track gives back to it and have no TIT on Manhattan's scape. View from Ellis Island Ferry to Manhattan is awfully unforgettable and it is a power of the 20th century. No matter how you blame me of being obsessed, you cannot stop wishing that the F1 race there ading another F of Century to become one with modern human's power. Com'on, don't be an adult who understand all small difficulties here and there. The track is nothing.

#624 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:43

That's hilarious.

#625 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 20:43

Tracks can be massively different if driven in the opposite direction. Imagine Spa backwards. Both top speed points would change from uphill to downhill and Eau Rouge would probably be a **** load scarier. The biggest braking point would change from level to uphill thus shortening. I'm confident once learned it would be a fair bit quicker laptime backwards.

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 26 October 2011 - 20:47.

#626 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:01

That's hilarious.

Is it? :lol:

#627 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:02

Tracks can be massively different if driven in the opposite direction. Imagine Spa backwards. Both top speed points would change from uphill to downhill and Eau Rouge would probably be a **** load scarier. The biggest braking point would change from level to uphill thus shortening. I'm confident once learned it would be a fair bit quicker laptime backwards.

:up:

#628 August

August

• 2,252 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:03

The pit exit reminds me of the adventure that was the Houston pit exit in CART.

They're trying to avoid the problems of Korea's exit.

#629 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,500 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:09

Not really. Could you point them out?

This can be translated into: "No you don't. Well, I don't really know..."

Do you just type things for the sake of your post count? People give you real information and you dismiss it while admitting that you know nothing about it.

#630 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,470 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:24

They're trying to avoid the problems of Korea's exit.

While I think the problems with Korea's exit have been exaggerated, I do agree with the idea. Korea was supposed to have a similar exit anyway. It's always best to keep it away from the racing line.

#631 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:43

This can be translated into: "No you don't. Well, I don't really know..."

Do you just type things for the sake of your post count? People give you real information and you dismiss it while admitting that you know nothing about it.

Well I do not mean to do so. It is more like keeping in the line of house rule and putting my point short enough so that it is not necessary to read a post endlessly to come to the point. I used to read those shorts notes like comments in this forum in previous years. if it had bit more of negation tone, that is perhaps because I was emotionally involved into what I was stating at that time. I openly admitted it.

I do see all kinds of 'things' on photographs while I was sketching the track. Remind you, my track must worth nothing according to you, but I studied the site and purposely ignored some bits of details in order to make my point. Needless to say I do not believe that what I draw has 100% clearance from actually involved person, experts, property owners, local councils and so on. On the contrary I know well enough that the art of realizing project has a lot to do with keeping plan on the confined side. But, in this case of Formula One cars running finally in font of the Manhattan scene, this current plan look too lite, in a sense that it looks like not Driven like the Formula One cars on rack are driven by those who risks their life. You must respond to these souls as race track maker, I assume... I know obstacles how to realize a project, and know how they race, I do think that different approach can bring fruits to the track, what race teams are running for. Some corner stones or two, pavements, for the sake of this big dream, I will rather forget. For front garden and so, the plan must be adjusted. But as far as I know I have not pull down ant estates. Therefore I responded, if he can point me more directions.

Edited by One, 26 October 2011 - 21:49.

#632 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 21:59

Posted Image

F1 always looking for ways to branch out to new audiences

#633 APR824

APR824

• 43 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 22:15

All these replies about the Jersey Shore is hilarious because the Governor is cutting the tax break the show was getting making it likely the show will be canceled.

#634 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 22:15

Well I do not mean to do so. It is more like keeping in the line of house rule and putting my point short enough so that it is not necessary to read a post endlessly to come to the point. I used to read those shorts notes like comments in this forum in previous years. if it had bit more of negation tone, that is perhaps because I was emotionally involved into what I was stating at that time. I openly admitted it.

I do see all kinds of 'things' on photographs while I was sketching the track. Remind you, my track must worth nothing according to you, but I studied the site and purposely ignored some bits of details in order to make my point. Needless to say I do not believe that what I draw has 100% clearance from actually involved person, experts, property owners, local councils and so on. On the contrary I know well enough that the art of realizing project has a lot to do with keeping plan on the confined side. But, in this case of Formula One cars running finally in font of the Manhattan scene, this current plan look too lite, in a sense that it looks like not Driven like the Formula One cars on rack are driven by those who risks their life. You must respond to these souls as race track maker, I assume... I know obstacles how to realize a project, and know how they race, I do think that different approach can bring fruits to the track, what race teams are running for. Some corner stones or two, pavements, for the sake of this big dream, I will rather forget. For front garden and so, the plan must be adjusted. But as far as I know I have not pull down ant estates. Therefore I responded, if he can point me more directions.

let me help you out. See those condos behind the Pepsi truck? You want to tear them down to reprofile the turn at the far right of the track. Reality is that's the road and there is no alternative to it end of story and the same applies all along the "changes" you have highlighted in your version.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by engel, 26 October 2011 - 22:16.

#635 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 22:27

I think it's great that people waited until after the track was unveiled to come up with fantasy designs :lol:

#636 Fox1

Fox1

• 649 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 22:52

See those condos behind the Pepsi truck? You want to tear them down to reprofile the turn at the far right of the track.

Knock em down, it's for a good cause. :)

#637 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,715 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 23:11

Oh dear...Oh dear.
What has happened to my lovely Grand Pricks of Weehawken thread?
Let's get it together race fans....

THIS RESPONSE IS GERMANE ... :up:

Posted Image

F1 always looking for ways to branch out to new audiences

THIS RESPONSE IS DEPLORABLE :down:

If you do nor race WITH manhattan, Why the H3ll do F1 has to go to Manhattan? The most blames me of being obsessed with views, but this is not true. I wan tot EXPERIENCE MANHATTAN's POWER while being involved in Formula One race there. The current track gives back to it and have no TIT on Manhattan's scape. View from Ellis Island Ferry to Manhattan is awfully unforgettable and it is a power of the 20th century. No matter how you blame me of being obsessed, you cannot stop wishing that the F1 race there ading another F of Century to become one with modern human's power. Com'on, don't be an adult who understand all small difficulties here and there. The track is nothing.

(Has Sean Valen dropped even MORE acid and then re-registered as this joker or am I in another Kimi thread by mistake?)

Jp

Edited by jonpollak, 26 October 2011 - 23:22.

#638 paulogman

paulogman

• 1,980 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:19

Did something quick with a plan for an Manhattan GP in Central Park...

http://www.scribblem...view/2tUO1fxiGY

Doubt it will ever happen....

the only relatively quiet place in all of manhattan and you want to put a track through it?

#639 cheesy poofs

cheesy poofs

• 3,137 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:18

I'll make it simple ok.
I love the layout of the track. There you go :-)

Advertisement

#640 Peat

Peat

• 1,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:31

Had a closer look at it this morning, i think it looks great. Like a wide Macau!

Picking up on what Ross said: I have interviewed for a circuit design company, so i have an understanding of the processes and surverying conducted. Alot of man-hours would have already gone into the design. For some of you guys to just label it rubbish and post your MS Paint doodles of 'how i cud m8k it beta' is pretty offensive. This is a street circuit, they are working to actual design constraints. It is far from a blank canvas.

I think the layout looks great as it is, bar the hairpin run-off at the north of the circuit.

Looking forward to 2013 already!

#641 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 646 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:05

Well, for what its worth, i have driven SPA backwards in iRacing.
If you think Eau rouge and Radillion is scary the right way its almost impossible the other way.
You are coming from the very fast downhill Kemmel straight (more downhill than you think) and the car almost takes off on the top of radillion and your nearly flying down into Eau Rouge...

#642 GX390

GX390

• 751 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:05

Better video :)

#643 OssieFan

OssieFan

• 830 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:21

I like it.
Would like even more to own one of those apartments or houses right next to the track!

#644 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,939 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:40

Awesome video. Kudos to the guy who made it. This will be one hell of a street race. I envy the people living right by the race track. I image there will be heavy developments in re-paving the entire area and prepping it up for F1. It will be good for generating jobs in the area.

#645 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,505 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:51

I am thoroughly intrigued to see how they're going to pull this one off.

#646 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,470 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:16

Good but he hasn't got the first section right. You can see in the map that T1 will not be by that building that he drives round and comments on. It will be earlier.

#647 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,215 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:12

Being somewhat familiar with this area, it's pretty clear that many sections of those roads will have to be resurfaced. Pershing Road has several large speed 'humps' built into the road surface to slow cars down. The high speed section down Port Imperial BLVD has drain covers and sewers and sections of road that are off camber and 'dip' in odd ways, and could be very dangerous when driven more than 150-kmh.

And I'm just imagining the screams of protest and potential court injunctions to block this race by some of the local residents, particular on JFK blvd, who want nothing to do with it. It's going to be an interesting 19 months. :cool:

Edited by jaisli, 27 October 2011 - 12:13.

#648 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,106 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:27

Yeah, I'm wondering how they're going to deal with NIMBY problems. Those can put a stop to any projects down here, or at least draw them out for so long that it becomes a nightmare for anyone trying to do anything.

#649 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,900 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:34

They'll probably allow people to hang banners/sell tickets to their private balconies lining the track. Let them make money off the event and that will keep them quiet?

#650 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,215 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 13:03

They'll probably allow people to hang banners/sell tickets to their private balconies lining the track. Let them make money off the event and that will keep them quiet?

For some, I'm sure. Others will be thrilled with having a race outside their front door. Goodness knows, I would. But I personally suspect, a large percentage of those people, particularly the ones in the single family homes along JFK Blvd, who have lived there for many years, will see this whole thing as the single most distasteful, disruptive, repulsive event in their lives, since 9/11. I have employees who live in Union City, although not along the proposed route. And they're constantly complaining about what they put up with in town hall meetings. These are the kind of people that would fight tooth and nail against having a block party or a road sign put in the ground or the alternate side of the street parking rules changed or cause a massive uproar if the garbage was picked up on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday. I can't imagine they're just going to sit back and enjoy it. The culture on this side of the Hudson is not as bad as it is in Manhattan. And it changes the farther removed one is from the city. But there are still a lot of people from that area who don't share the whole car-love-obsession that the rest of America does. Having their streets cordoned off for 3~4 days is bad enough. But the idea of a sanctioned race with extremely noisy cars going down their front street at >300 kmh could quite possibly be the worst thing they could ever imagine.

That said, the governor and the mayors of Weekhawken and West New York have come out publicly, in favor of this race, so there's already a giant political force setting this in motion. It's completely the opposite of the Liberty State Park effort, where a bunch of Nimbys' got the jump on things before the proposal really took off.

All I'm saying is, I don't expect this to be a smooth ride from now until June 2013.

Edited by jaisli, 27 October 2011 - 13:05.