F1 GP Brazil - tips and tricks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 13:56

Hi there,

I want to attend the F1 GP in Brazil this year and after reading previous posts (most recent were from 2006 :confused: ) about this GP I have some more questions.

First of all do you think it is worth arranging everything so early? Is there a chance that FIA will change the dates yet again?

In old threads folks were recommending Sector A as one of the best places to be at the track (apart of the racing seat of course ;) ). Do you have any idea how early I would have to be there on Sunday to get a good spot?

Any other advice? That will be my first F1 GP :cool: It's a pity that it won't be the last one in the season.

Advertisement

#2 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 20:19

Hi there,

I want to attend the F1 GP in Brazil this year and after reading previous posts (most recent were from 2006 :confused: ) about this GP I have some more questions.

First of all do you think it is worth arranging everything so early? Is there a chance that FIA will change the dates yet again?

In old threads folks were recommending Sector A as one of the best places to be at the track (apart of the racing seat of course ;) ). Do you have any idea how early I would have to be there on Sunday to get a good spot?

Any other advice? That will be my first F1 GP :cool: It's a pity that it won't be the last one in the season.

I went in 2006 with an organised tour. It's unlikely that the FIA will change the date now but I suppose it's possible. If you book early though you should get flights/hotel cheaper.

I can't remember now what time our coach got us to the circuit but it wasn't as early as I'd wanted & didn't get the best of views. If I'd gone independently I would have got there about 10.00 am. Trouble is though there was absolutely nothing to see or do once you were through the ticket barrier. No circuit to walk around, no merchandise village. You couldn't even wander out into the street as there was no 'pass out' system. Once you're in you've got to stay in.

Another thing I didn't like was the armed cops shifting you out of the grandstand as soon as the race finished. No walking round the track & savouring the atmosphere.

Sorry to be so negative and it may be different now but I won't go back.

Give me Silverstone/Spa/Monza anytime.

#3 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 21:52

I went in 2006 with an organised tour. It's unlikely that the FIA will change the date now but I suppose it's possible. If you book early though you should get flights/hotel cheaper.

I can't remember now what time our coach got us to the circuit but it wasn't as early as I'd wanted & didn't get the best of views. If I'd gone independently I would have got there about 10.00 am. Trouble is though there was absolutely nothing to see or do once you were through the ticket barrier. No circuit to walk around, no merchandise village. You couldn't even wander out into the street as there was no 'pass out' system. Once you're in you've got to stay in.

Another thing I didn't like was the armed cops shifting you out of the grandstand as soon as the race finished. No walking round the track & savouring the atmosphere.

Sorry to be so negative and it may be different now but I won't go back.

Give me Silverstone/Spa/Monza anytime.

Thanks a lot F1Annie. That's some very handy info.

I've been observing flights prices for a while now and they seem to be quite expensive :( therefore I'll wait a month or two to see if anything changes.

Were you in Sector A by any chance? Is it true that there are some trees providing shade out there? Waiting half a day in the sun may not be the best idea :drunk:

#4 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 23:08

Thanks a lot F1Annie. That's some very handy info.

I've been observing flights prices for a while now and they seem to be quite expensive :( therefore I'll wait a month or two to see if anything changes.

Were you in Sector A by any chance? Is it true that there are some trees providing shade out there? Waiting half a day in the sun may not be the best idea :drunk:

I'd booked a three day ticket for opposite the pits - 'M' on pop-up map on here. The view was poor & me and another girl bought a day's ticket for 'F' (pit lane exit) for the Saturday which was a much better view. From what others on the trip said though, 'D' is the best grandstand. Don't have any info re GA.

Some photos

Senna grave

http://img199.images...g0236senna2.jpg

From 'F'

http://img193.images...292rbpstart.jpg

Race day

http://img265.images...0386welcome.jpg

http://img522.images...0398restart.jpg

Happy Alonso fans

http://img710.images...g0424fafans.jpg

#5 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:27

I'd booked a three day ticket for opposite the pits - 'M' on pop-up map on here. The view was poor & me and another girl bought a day's ticket for 'F' (pit lane exit) for the Saturday which was a much better view. From what others on the trip said though, 'D' is the best grandstand. Don't have any info re GA.

Thanks for more info. I can see you are Fernando's fan. I love this guy as well. I hope he will win the title this year.

I've heard that D is good as well. I will stear away from sector M.
On the old threads they mentioned A as the best spot because you can see most of the track. But I can see Ihave to be quick as on gpbrasil.com there are no more tickets for sector A anymore :eek: