Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#5101 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:57

Alonso to go on the attack! To be honest, Alonso, Button and Hamilton have no choice but to be aggressive and go on the attack. With so many drivers in the title hunt, Vettel and Webber will be looking to finish and not get into any scraps. As getting into a scrap, will lead to any of the other 3-4 picking up big points. One crash for any Red Bull driver and the title will become more difficult, as well as inter-team dynamics. IE; support the lead driver. IMO the pressure is 100% on Red Bull to finish the races and I cant see them defending as hard as Webber did in Singapore. I can see a DNF or 2 in the last 3 races. Exciting times lay ahead. :clap:

Edited by The Ragged Edge, 13 October 2010 - 08:59.

Advertisement

#5102 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:29

Alonso has obviously been in great shape as of late, but I'm not sure that the Ferrari can keep up with even the McLarens.

Hamilton was really fast last weekend. Had it not been for that gear problem I think he would have challenged Alonso and perhaps passed him.

Ferrari was slightly quicker than McLaren at Monza, and well quicker, at least in Alonso's hands, at Singapore. McLaren was probably a tenth or two quicker at Suzuka, which was more or less expected. I expect in the next couple of races Ferrari to be back up there and hopefully fighting for the victory.

Edited by topical, 13 October 2010 - 10:29.

#5103 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:35

Ferrari was slightly quicker than McLaren at Monza, and well quicker, at least in Alonso's hands, at Singapore. McLaren was probably a tenth or two quicker at Suzuka, which was more or less expected. I expect in the next couple of races Ferrari to be back up there and hopefully fighting for the victory.

In quali yes but not in the race.

#5104 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:51

In quali yes but not in the race.

Didn't it depend on the tyres? Alonso seemed quicker than McLaren on the softs, McLaren (at least in Hamilton's hands) quicker on the hards.

#5105 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:24

Didn't it depend on the tyres? Alonso seemed quicker than McLaren on the softs, McLaren (at least in Hamilton's hands) quicker on the hards.

I don't want to rehash this but the Ferrari was better on the primes too, prior to the tyre drop-off phase.

On lap 30, Alonso set a lap of 1:35.214 which Hamilton was only able to match/narrowly beat on lap 35 (carrying about 15 kilos less fuel) with a 1:35:182. From lap 31 to 36, the period when Hamilton was catching Alonso at a rate of knots, Alonso's times were much slower when compared to lap 30. On lap 37 he matched Hamilton (lap 38 gearbox problems) and then proceeded to put in a series of very consistent laps in the mid 1:34's from lap 43 onwards almost matching Button on fresh options and sometimes beating him.

Make of that what you will, but to me it seemed like Alonso settled for third knowing he was never really going to challenge the Bulls.

#5106 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:38

KUbica is a wildcard in the battle. He could infleunce the WDC battle by putting the Renault on the podium.

#5107 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:48

KUbica is a wildcard in the battle. He could infleunce the WDC battle by putting the Renault on the podium.

That is very true. He will be a threat at all the remaining tracks. I actually think that Renault currently have the best F-duct and the upcoming tracks all have big straights.

#5108 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 13:48

Nooo!

I don't want Alonso to attack and risk it yet.

I believe RBR guys will f*ck up in next races, specially because neither of RBR drivers have too much expecience at handling this kind of pressure they'll have in the next 3 races. Alonso needs to be consistent and secure points. Only if he has the machinery to do it, he should be aggresive...

What Alonso really needs is to be as close as them when they f*ck up.

#5109 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 14:03

I don't want to rehash this but the Ferrari was better on the primes too, prior to the tyre drop-off phase.

On lap 30, Alonso set a lap of 1:35.214 which Hamilton was only able to match/narrowly beat on lap 35 (carrying about 15 kilos less fuel) with a 1:35:182. From lap 31 to 36, the period when Hamilton was catching Alonso at a rate of knots, Alonso's times were much slower when compared to lap 30. On lap 37 he matched Hamilton (lap 38 gearbox problems) and then proceeded to put in a series of very consistent laps in the mid 1:34's from lap 43 onwards almost matching Button on fresh options and sometimes beating him.

Make of that what you will, but to me it seemed like Alonso settled for third knowing he was never really going to challenge the Bulls.

I didn't have access to live timing etc over the weekend so couldn't follow all that closely. Thanks for the explanation. That's interesting and quite encouraging about performance.

#5110 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 14:06

Nooo!

I don't want Alonso to attack and risk it yet.

I believe RBR guys will f*ck up in next races, specially because neither of RBR drivers have too much expecience at handling this kind of pressure they'll have in the next 3 races. Alonso needs to be consistent and secure points. Only if he has the machinery to do it, he should be aggresive...

What Alonso really needs is to be as close as them when they f*ck up.

I agree. When I read Alonso saying 'I need to attack and take risks' it usually precludes him crashing and then saying, 'It doesn't matter because it was either all or nothing'. If he's 20 points or more behind the Bulls going into the last two races then it's time to risk everything, but in Korea he just needs to keep doing what he's been doing the last few races - giving it his maximum, no mistakes, but keeping just that 1% inside the limit.
The fact that the two Bulls are so close, and fighting each other, almost guarantees that one (or both) will crash or f*ck up in one of the next races. As you say, he needs to be close enough to take advantage if/when that happens.

#5111 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 14:53

I agree. When I read Alonso saying 'I need to attack and take risks' it usually precludes him crashing and then saying, 'It doesn't matter because it was either all or nothing'. If he's 20 points or more behind the Bulls going into the last two races then it's time to risk everything, but in Korea he just needs to keep doing what he's been doing the last few races - giving it his maximum, no mistakes, but keeping just that 1% inside the limit.
The fact that the two Bulls are so close, and fighting each other, almost guarantees that one (or both) will crash or f*ck up in one of the next races. As you say, he needs to be close enough to take advantage if/when that happens.

That's all good and well but you can't exactly base your race around people screwing up. He needs to attack the weekend like he did at Monza and Singapore. Looking at the track, the section between T7 - 14 is Red Bull heaven and the only thing that will upset them is constant pressure.

#5112 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 15:09

That's all good and well but you can't exactly base your race around people screwing up. He needs to attack the weekend like he did at Monza and Singapore. Looking at the track, the section between T7 - 14 is Red Bull heaven and the only thing that will upset them is constant pressure.

I just mean not to take stupid risks, like in Belgium when he said the winner will be the one who gambles, which resulted in pre-empting weather that never occured and then crashing into the wall. Fernando is at his worst when he gets desperate and starts taking big risks, and at his best when he maintains his calm and gets into the 'zone', like he's been for most of the second half of this season.
But if he's a second behind a Red Bull and sees a chance to overtake at Korea, then yes, he should go for it. I guess he means that sort of risk, not anything too wild.

Edited by topical, 13 October 2010 - 15:10.

#5113 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 15:21

I just mean not to take stupid risks, like in Belgium when he said the winner will be the one who gambles, which resulted in pre-empting weather that never occured and then crashing into the wall. Fernando is at his worst when he gets desperate and starts taking big risks, and at his best when he maintains his calm and gets into the 'zone', like he's been for most of the second half of this season.
But if he's a second behind a Red Bull and sees a chance to overtake at Korea, then yes, he should go for it. I guess he means that sort of risk, not anything too wild.

Yeah. No crappy gambles please.

#5114 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 16:38

Posted Image

:up:

He should take risks, first he can't expect problems with the red bulls and from his words you can tell that he expect that, that's the reason why he is saying that 3 podiums are enough to win the title, in my opinion this is the wrong mindset, he should try to take smart risks and win the WDC by his own merits, if the bulls crash, then so be it but don't expect that as a fact.

#5115 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 16:48

Posted Image

:up:

He should take risks, first he can't expect problems with the red bulls and from his words you can tell that he expect that, that's the reason why he is saying that 3 podiums are enough to win the title, in my opinion this is the wrong mindset, he should try to take smart risks and win the WDC by his own merits, if the bulls crash, then so be it but don't expect that as a fact.

A win is a podium finish too :D

#5116 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 17:17

Posted Image

#5117 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 17:22

Lol, that last one was really good :D

#5118 e34

e34

• 718 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 18:09

Alonso (and Vettel) need to get 14 points more than Webber in these last three races. That means that they would need to win two races (if Webber ends two races in second place), and the third one would be the decider.

So, for Alonso to win this championship, he needs some melting down by Webber, or else to attack. He can't wait, and he needs wins. Of course, he could take the cautious approach, but if he does so, and RBR get a 1-2 in Korea, it will almost be game over for Alonso.

#5119 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 20:51

Slightly off topic. I beg your pardon. Sorry.

Nice documentary of another spaniard in Ferrari:

Fon de Portago:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
Part 2: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Advertisement

#5120 TIFOlonSO

TIFOlonSO

• 320 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:04

Fon de Portago:

Thank you very much. And not at all off topic.

#5121 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 21:15

Fon de Portago:

Wow, what a life he had. Such a wonderful story.

#5122 e34

e34

• 718 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:41

Wow, what a life he had. Such a wonderful story.

Yes, fantastic video. Wait til portago pops up here :lol:

I have been doing some (basic) numbers for the championship, and I believe the only one who can afford not to attack is Webber; of course, either of Alonso or Vettel would win the championship if he won the three remaining races. But, if they just win two of those races, and get a second place in the third (not a small feat at all), Webber would be champion if he managed to win the third race and get a second and a fourth (or two third) places in the other two.

Alo / Vet - 1 - 1- 2 = 25 + 25 + 18 = 68
Webber 3 -3 - 1 = 15 + 15 + 25 = 55 (+14) = 69

If Webber took it easier and got two third positions and a second position, Vettel or Alonso would need two wins and a fourth place (a win and two second places would not do it, however):

Alo / Vet - 1 - 1- 4 = 25 + 25 + 12 = 62
Webber - 3 - 3 - 2 = 15 + 15 +18 = 48 (+14) = 62
Alo / Vet - 2 -2- 1 = 18 + 18 + 25 = 61

I suppose Alonso now miss those little points he left in Malaysia, Valencia and Spa. (although it is true that in Malaysia he had to choose between finishing the race and getting a 5 places penalty for the gearbox at the next race).

#5123 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:09

Yes, fantastic video. Wait til portago pops up here :lol:

I have been doing some (basic) numbers for the championship, and I believe the only one who can afford not to attack is Webber; of course, either of Alonso or Vettel would win the championship if he won the three remaining races. But, if they just win two of those races, and get a second place in the third (not a small feat at all), Webber would be champion if he managed to win the third race and get a second and a fourth (or two third) places in the other two.

Alo / Vet - 1 - 1- 2 = 25 + 25 + 18 = 68
Webber 3 -3 - 1 = 15 + 15 + 25 = 55 (+14) = 69

If Webber took it easier and got two third positions and a second position, Vettel or Alonso would need two wins and a fourth place (a win and two second places would not do it, however):

Alo / Vet - 1 - 1- 4 = 25 + 25 + 12 = 62
Webber - 3 - 3 - 2 = 15 + 15 +18 = 48 (+14) = 62
Alo / Vet - 2 -2- 1 = 18 + 18 + 25 = 61

I suppose Alonso now miss those little points he left in Malaysia, Valencia and Spa. (although it is true that in Malaysia he had to choose between finishing the race and getting a 5 places penalty for the gearbox at the next race).

There are all sorts of permutations that come into play so I don't even bother because it's very tight at the moment. The Mclaren drivers and Kubica could be factors as well as retirements. All those calculations will just give me more grey hair.

#5124 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:32

It is pointless as there are possibly at least 7 drivers who could make a podium or even a race win. 5 of those still have a real chance to win the title. The driver who has no technical faults and makes no mistakes could be the winner. Vettel and Webber will be fighting each other. Alonso and Hamilton will keep the pressure on them. Alonso needs to keep ahead of Hamilton in all races and beat both Red Bull where he can. Currently I think one of the RBR should win the title.

#5125 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:41

It is pointless as there are possibly at least 7 drivers who could make a podium or even a race win. 5 of those still have a real chance to win the title. The driver who has no technical faults and makes no mistakes could be the winner. Vettel and Webber will be fighting each other. Alonso and Hamilton will keep the pressure on them. Alonso needs to keep ahead of Hamilton in all races and beat both Red Bull where he can. Currently I think one of the RBR should win the title.

No doubt. The Red Bull drivers are in a very good position. Seb has the car advantage and is equal on points to Alonso. Webber has the car advantage and the points advantage. It's going to be tough for Fernando to overcome both those obstacles.

#5126 TIFOlonSO

TIFOlonSO

• 320 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:48

Yes his chances are low but not at all impossible.

I would say 1% for Ham, 19% for Alo and 40% each Vet and WEB.

Dnf's and pace will be key.
Can Alonso mix with the red bull's? Unlikely, but very much a possibility.
Can both red bulls have one or more dnf? Definitely Unlikely.

#5127 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:54

It's the type of season where everyone needs to attack every race. If every race has points, the race where you take things easy is the race where you lose points, the race where you settle for 2nd early in the season, is the race that could cost you the title.

This attack talk is just public spirited talk, it's good for pr and media, but I'm sure Alonso was attacking at Monaco on saturday when he crashed and at other races, he just kept quite about it.

Giving it his maximum is attacking. He's been attacking all season. I like the word attack, but seeing is believing and the ulitmate attack is the one actual attack, not the talking it up attack beforehand.

ATTACK!! ATTACK !!

There may come a point where he must drive it off the road for points or nothing, if he has too, he will.
ATTACK!

One little slip for anyone and it's likely over, but as a driver you must drive the limits, especially when points are needed.

Edited by SeanValen, 14 October 2010 - 09:56.

#5128 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 16:12

Fon de Portago:

Yes! That's da man!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#5129 metz

metz

• 9,707 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 17:07

Yes his chances are low but not at all impossible.

I would say 1% for Ham, 19% for Alo and 40% each Vet and WEB.

Dnf's and pace will be key.
Can Alonso mix with the red bull's? Unlikely, but very much a possibility.
Can both red bulls have one or more dnf? Definitely Unlikely.

Some experts claim that Korea will be a McLaren track.
That may spoil it for Alonso.

#5130 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 17:40

Can you name them?

#5131 metz

metz

• 9,707 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 17:49

Yes.
http://www.auto-moto...pe-2800399.html
You may need to Google translate.
Opinions by Helmut Marko, Vettel, Webber, others
Among the factors,
-McLaren are slight favourites
-there are 3 long straights, thats McLaren territory
-Red Bull doesn't like the long straights.
-Track most like Istanbul
-McLaren is getting new part updates
-tyre sellection of soft/hard best for McLaren

Webber would not mind a strong McLaren "I can live with that."

Edited by metz, 14 October 2010 - 18:04.

#5132 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 18:03

So was Monza.

#5133 maleinblack

maleinblack

• 36 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 22:56

I wouldn't mind McLaren being strong at Korea. A Hamilton win with Alonso second and Massa / Button third with the Bulls following would suit us just fine.

#5134 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 22:58

I wouldn't mind McLaren being strong at Korea. A Hamilton win with Alonso second and Massa / Button third with the Bulls following would suit us just fine.

Yeah, whatever happens we should just stay ahead of RBR and hope that pressure puts Webber behind...

#5135 robefc

robefc

• 8,018 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 23:59

I imagine webber would be happier with a strong mclaren because if macca are ahead of rb and ferrari the the points between the rb and ferrari finishing positions are less...webber can afford that more than alonso.
Obviously both of them would be very happy of macca are stronger than their rivals but weaker than them! :p

#5136 metz

metz

• 9,707 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:54

So was Monza.

Monza also required superiour braking, which Ferrari had.

#5137 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:58

The long straights on Korea also require some good braking. RBR always says the other teams are favourites for the next race. Only McLaren seems to prefer to tell the public that they think they are the team to beat in the next race.

#5138 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,274 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:03

So was Monza.

Ferrari is always the favourite at Monza, And most likely they did maximum work for their success there. Felipe did exceptionally well there too. A lot of that work would possibly be rewarded in Korea as well.

So, based on that, I would say that 1. Ferrari (Alonso) and 2. both McLarens are favourites and Redbull, while not far, is more behind - or less behind, if the curvy part suits them.

Very interesting race coming, in all fronts.

Edited by Man of the race, 15 October 2010 - 10:04.

#5139 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:20

Alonso on P1 or P2 with one or two Mclarens and Massa in front of Webber and Vettel will be sweet, too good to be true :kiss:

Advertisement

#5140 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:55

Ferrari is always the favourite at Monza, And most likely they did maximum work for their success there. Felipe did exceptionally well there too. A lot of that work would possibly be rewarded in Korea as well.

I can't agree with that. This is the first time since 2006 that Ferrari won it's home race but I agree that alot of effort went into the Monza race.

So, based on that, I would say that 1. Ferrari (Alonso) and 2. both McLarens are favourites and Redbull, while not far, is more behind - or less behind, if the curvy part suits them.

Very interesting race coming, in all fronts.

It's a different type of track alltogether but Ferrari were seen testing a funny looking rear wing that is both High/medium downforce and low. We might see a return of that in Korea as well as a new F-duct which would tie in with the rumour of a noticeable change to rear of the car.

The Korea track is hard to judge because it has sections that suit all the top teams as well as Renault. I'd have to put Red Bull down as the favourite though because of the twisty sectors.

#5141 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:52

In Alonso's Japan audio file on the Ferrari website, the reporter asks him if Ferrari has something up their sleeve. He laughs.... And goes on to say there will be updates.

#5142 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:17

In Alonso's Japan audio file on the Ferrari website, the reporter asks him if Ferrari has something up their sleeve. He laughs.... And goes on to say there will be updates.

Interesting. During the Japanese GP, M. Gené talked about updates for Korean GP and Brazilian GP. He said that the that FA's podium would be a big boost for factory's crew. However, he was concerned too with the impact on next year's car. Perhaps, we are able to speculate, that they still don't write off this year's project.

At the moment there are only rumours. BTW, I wish they become reality.

#5143 P123

P123

• 8,224 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:56

Hopefully they will have the flexible front wing back for Korea, beacuase without it I can't see Ferrari (or McLaren) touching Red Bull, long straight or not.

#5144 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 13:47

Hopefully they will have the flexible front wing back for Korea, beacuase without it I can't see Ferrari (or McLaren) touching Red Bull, long straight or not.

Unfortunately the flexi-wing will not make an appearance on the Ferrari again. Ferrari flexed their wing in a different way to Red Bull and they had to make adjustments to it to meet the new tests.

#5145 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 13:50

Interesting. During the Japanese GP, M. Gené talked about updates for Korean GP and Brazilian GP. He said that the that FA's podium would be a big boost for factory's crew. However, he was concerned too with the impact on next year's car. Perhaps, we are able to speculate, that they still don't write off this year's project.

At the moment there are only rumours. BTW, I wish they become reality.

I wouldn't be too concerned about next year's car as these updates have probably been in the pipeline for a while. Primary focus would be next years car already.

PS. I'm not saying I know more than Gene.

#5146 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:11

I arrived in Seoul last night and this morning I set off for Yeongam, the venue for the first ever Korean Grand Prix. After lunch I popped up to the circuit because I wanted to see for myself what the track was like. I have to say the first impressions are positive. First off, there are no big surprises as what we saw on the simulator over the past weeks and the reality of it have a lot in common. It seems to be a very interesting circuit, which should be fun to drive, especially the final sector. What track is it similar to? It’s a mix of various ones. The first sector reminds me a lot of Bahrain: long straights with heavy braking that lead into 180 degree turns. The second is similar to Turkey, especially Turn 11 which makes you think of Turn 8 in Istanbul, while the final one is similar to the third sector in Abu Dhabi.

When you arrive at a new circuit, you are even keener than usual to get on with the driving, so the two days that still separate us from the time to do the first lap on Friday morning will seem very long. I think we could be in for a spectacular race: there are at least a couple of places were overtaking seems possible, especially under braking for Turn 3 which comes at the end of a straight that is over a kilometre in length. There should be plenty of action there on the opening lap of the race, more than we will see at the start.

Yesterday night I managed to watch Real Madrid play in the Champions League and I was pleased with what I saw as 2-0 against Milan is a really good result.

#5147 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:59

Reading the 'experts' here I have read that it will be a Red Bull track, a McLaren track and a Ferrari track.
Personally I can't be bothered trying to guess from all that what's most likely. On Friday we'll get some idea, until then it's all wild speculation. Hard to resist, though...

#5148 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:30

Marc Gené said that their simulations said that Korea is going to fit Ferrari better, and I don't believe he'd say something like that if it wasn't true. LaSexta are advertising the GP with a phrase like "Ferrari come as the favorites in the new Korean track".

I don't know what "some experts" said, but what Marc Gene said isn't an opinion, it is the outcome of the Ferrari simulations, which of course, could be wrong too, but at least is more than "just an opinion from an expert".

#5149 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 13:06

Marc Gené said that their simulations said that Korea is going to fit Ferrari better, and I don't believe he'd say something like that if it wasn't true. LaSexta are advertising the GP with a phrase like "Ferrari come as the favorites in the new Korean track".

I don't know what "some experts" said, but what Marc Gene said isn't an opinion, it is the outcome of the Ferrari simulations, which of course, could be wrong too, but at least is more than "just an opinion from an expert".

Yes, but we don't know what the simulations of McLaren and Red Bull (with a new F duct) are saying. The only thing we can be reasonably confident of - and it's a pre-requisite if the WDC isn't going to become a 2 horse race after Sunday - is that Ferrari and McLaren should be closer to the Bulls than they were in Suzuka. Hopefully a return to something like Singapore, where the cars were evenly matched and the best driver made the difference.

#5150 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 13:17

Yes, but we don't know what the simulations of McLaren and Red Bull (with a new F duct) are saying. The only thing we can be reasonably confident of - and it's a pre-requisite if the WDC isn't going to become a 2 horse race after Sunday - is that Ferrari and McLaren should be closer to the Bulls than they were in Suzuka. Hopefully a return to something like Singapore, where the cars were evenly matched and the best driver made the difference.

Fair enough for Fernando :p