Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#5201 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 19:51

I had forgotten what a rocket ship that Renault was. Judging from the ubiquitous red front row in many of those clips, I take it most of those races are from 2004? Probably why I forgot - I blanked most of that season out as it was so boring at the very front.
But even in 2005 and 2006 I seem to remember the Renaults as good off the start. So obviously Alonso hasn't got worse at starting - it just depends on the characteristics of the car.

Of course not. The difference is that now he has to control wheelspin with the throtle. He doesn't have an automated launch control system at his disposal anymore.

Advertisement

#5202 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,936 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 19:52

................and one of the reasons why a common ECU was deemed necessary!

Common ECU with different software versions as seen below.

Posted Image

#5203 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 20:00

Common ECU with different software versions as seen below.

That just means some teams have not 'upgraded' to the latest version.
All the software used is still distributed by the FIA and cannot be amended or added to by the teams.

Edited by Dunder, 22 October 2010 - 20:07.

#5204 as65p

as65p

• 17,284 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 20:02

We are talking about Alonsos's starts. Do you have anything meaningfull to add to the conversation ?

Since you mention it, why don't you start with it? For a change...

#5205 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 20:44

That just means some teams have not 'upgraded' to the latest version.
All the software used is still distributed by the FIA and cannot be amended or added to by the teams.

That's intriguing. Why any team wouldn't want to run the latest version ?

#5206 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 21:15

That's intriguing. Why any team wouldn't want to run the latest version ?

I think it is just a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Probably sensible considering Microsoft's involvement.

IIRC, there are 4 "approved" versions at any given time.

#5207 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 21:35

I think it is just a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Probably sensible considering Microsoft's involvement.IIRC, there are 4 "approved" versions at any given time.

I can relate to that.

#5208 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 22:26

We are talking about Alonsos's starts. Do you have anything meaningfull to add to the conversation ?

It's you who got Massa into the discussion, not me. You know, he is the kind of mediocre driver I wouldn't waste much time in discussing unless prompted.

#5209 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 00:16

Of course not. The difference is that now he has to control wheelspin with the throtle. He doesn't have an automated launch control system at his disposal anymore.

Nowadays, the drivers floor their throttle and hope for minimal wheelspin at the start.

During their champinship winning years of 2005-2006, Renault had without any doubts the best traction control system for the start. The starts were normally smooth and uneventful.

#5210 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:17

It's you who got Massa into the discussion, not me. You know, he is the kind of mediocre driver I wouldn't waste much time in discussing unless prompted.

I brought him into the discussion because they drive for the same team and have the same equipment and somebody suggested that the problems Alonso is having at the starts was equipment related. My point was that if Massa is not having trouble with the starts the car is fine. I hope you understand now, as I'm sure everybody else did, why I brought him into the discussion. IMO it would help you understand a discussion if you don't go automatically in bashing mode everytime the name Massa is mentioned.

#5211 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:19

Nowadays, the drivers floor their throttle and hope for minimal wheelspin at the start.
During their champinship winning years of 2005-2006, Renault had without any doubts the best traction control system for the start. The starts were normally smooth and uneventful.

I think it's not as simple as that.

#5212 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:27

Great lap by Fernando :up:

He extracted the maximum from his Ferrari without a doubt.

#5213 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,769 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:32

Indeed great lap, and he avoided the dirty side. Now let's pray for a good start, no rain, and zero incidents with Webber and Vettel in the first lap. :clap:

#5214 TIFOlonSO

TIFOlonSO

• 320 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:44

Indeed great lap, and he avoided the dirty side. Now let's pray for a good start, no rain, and zero incidents with Webber and Vettel in the first lap. :clap:

Great effort from Alonso indeed but Red Bulls are still 1-2...
Hopefully Alonso get a better start than Webber. And also maybe there's some tyre gamble still on the cards.
Rain could help as if nothing happens Red Bulls will win this one.

#5215 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:49

Yea well done. He keeps doing his best and that is good. Korea is not Japan. He can take the fight with Bulls this time so we have hope...

#5216 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:17

Great qualy from Alonso but still the result is kind of depressing when you see the two cars in front. Getting by Webber is essential at the start and he really needs either Hamilton or Massa to try and do the same. Then there's still Vettel to beat...It's going to be tough.

Edited by topical, 23 October 2010 - 07:18.

#5217 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,503 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:32

I thought he was superb again today. I'm liking how he's handling Q3 these days, posting a blistering 'banker' lap fairly early on. He knows he has to finish. Hopefully he can stay clear of any first lap mayhem.

#5218 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,644 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:38

Great qualy from Alonso but still the result is kind of depressing when you see the two cars in front. Getting by Webber is essential at the start and he really needs either Hamilton or Massa to try and do the same. Then there's still Vettel to beat...It's going to be tough.

I think he is in a good position. The even side of the grid may be very dirty and the Red Bull is not a great starter. I can see a strong chance of him splitting the Red Bulls into the first corner, maybe even challenging Vettel down the long straight.

Certainly losing a few points to Vettel is less of a concern this weekend than gaining points on Webber.

If is is wet (60% chance apparently) then anything can happen, but you would expect the cream to rise to the top. And sadly the Red Bull drivers are not as good as the men on the second row.

Edited by sosidge, 23 October 2010 - 07:38.

#5219 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:41

I think he is in a good position. The even side of the grid may be very dirty and the Red Bull is not a great starter. I can see a strong chance of him splitting the Red Bulls into the first corner, maybe even challenging Vettel down the long straight.

Certainly losing a few points to Vettel is less of a concern this weekend than gaining points on Webber.

If is is wet (60% chance apparently) then anything can happen, but you would expect the cream to rise to the top. And sadly the Red Bull drivers are not as good as the men on the second row.

Alonso tends to be very erratic in the rain (quick one time, crashing another) and Ferrari are not renowned for good strategy calls in mixed conditions. Webber and especially Vettel are decent rain drivers and both McLarens are good in the wet too. I think Alonso's chances are much better if it stays dry.
Is the dirty even side of the grid dependent on no rain? So if it rains over night (as is expected) there won't be much difference between clean and dirty side?

Edited by topical, 23 October 2010 - 07:44.

Advertisement

#5220 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:43

I thought he was superb again today. I'm liking how he's handling Q3 these days, posting a blistering 'banker' lap fairly early on. He knows he has to finish. Hopefully he can stay clear of any first lap mayhem.

Absolutely blistering lap. To put 8 tenths on Felipe is no joke, it is worlds. :up:

#5221 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:17

Great interview but in Spanish, if someone is interested I could translate it.

http://www.lne.es/de...asa/984540.html

#5222 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,936 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:34

Translations are always welcome. So please...

#5223 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:29

My Spanish is very poor, but he hasn't said anything special in that interview. Nothing he didn't say before, really.

He said that he sees RedBull as his biggest rivals (duh). Time will tell who will win the worldtitle. He knew he could win the WDC after Silverstone. ( a lot of upgrades were coming for the car). What happened in 2007 with Mclaren will never happen again, it's was a special case he said. He wants to finish his career with Ferrari. It's not a problem if someday Ferrari signed Hamilton. (although he doubts it) His relation with Massa has never changed and is very good. (before and after Hockenheim) He has talked with Contador about the positive doping test, but he said that they will have to wait, it's very hard to draw conclusions from the outside. People don't know what's going on. He thinks the Spanish national team deserves the "Príncipe de Asturias" for what they have done for the country ( he already won the trofee in 2005) He thinks it's the biggest price for a sportstar in Spain.
He would like to be a dad someday. Oh and he likes to fly with a plane. (I mean he likes to control the airplane himself ;) )

Edited by Smile17, 23 October 2010 - 12:45.

#5224 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:42

James Allen has hinted that Alonso may be sacrificing some straight line speed for a set up that works better in the wet. Anyone have any word on this? Given that no rain is expected for the race, I really hope this isn't true...

#5225 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:44

- Let's go to the point. Convince me that you can win the WDC.
-It will be difficult. I'm not convinced myself.

- So...
- The only thing I always was sure of is that I would be fighting for it, even when some races ago I was far behind. I was circumstantial, I was doing a better season that what the points were telling. And other drivers didn't deserve so many. Time puts everyone on his place, I was sure I would get to the fight.

- Do you fear any rival?
- Red Bull has the better car. They are the favourites.

- After Silverstone, when you were further from the leader you said you'd be there for the final battle. Did you really mean it or was just a message to cheer up the team?
- I really meant it . Car was much better there. We came from difficult races (Barcelona, Turkey...) and in Silverstone we had upgrades that worked very well. It changed the way of driving the car and, despite the bad result, with that car I could think of the title.

- Five contenders and just one, Hamilton, doesn't know the hardest side of F1 in a small team. Could it have been of importance looking at how he managed some circumstances?
- I don't know. Vettel was in Toro Rosso but then it was RBR little brother and it wasn't a bad car at all. Experience you get on small teams makes you improve and know this sport.

- You mentioned Vettel, he's fighting against his team mate. You know how that goes (2007) Did you talk with them, telling them how was that for you?
- Different situations. They're fighting for the WDC with the better car and it's a fight against a team mate but like it was any other rival.

- But Webber is also struggling on finding the team's support, the same problem you had in McLaren.
- Mine was a different situation and I don't think it will happen again in years.

- Reading some of your quotes it seems Ferrari will be your last team.
- Correct.

- And that you wouldn't like to be Hamilton's team mate again, that you wouldn't sign for a team where he was but... ¿What would be your face if Ferrari signed Lewis?
- No, Ferrari won't... (stops suddenly)... I don't know what will happen. I'll be here for many years and who could be my team mate won't change things. It won't be a problem if they decide to sign Hamilton.

- What will you do if you win the WDC in Abu Dhabi?
- I'll stay there because I have some test next week.

- I'm sure you'll make a party right?
- I didn't think of anything

- You let your people and the team to arrange it...
- It's better not to plan anything.

- Would you like to celebrate it with your supporters like you did in Oviedo's Town Hall last time?
- (He smiles) Of course. When you achieve something important is nice to share it, but I prefer not to think about that.

- Why don't you send them a little message?
- I appreciate their support a lot. They can rest assure that I'm going to give everything I got, if I don't win the championship it won't be for lack of determination. I'm at 100% for these final races. I can't promise it will be enough but I will fight until the last lap.

- Do you really feel people's support?
- Of course I do. Not directly because I'm always from one place to another but I know there's a lot of people behind, getting up early to watch the races and enjoy my victories.

- A support that you also get from the team.
- Yes it's a different support, you feel racing spirit, competitiveness and support at the same time.

- Does this support include Felipe Massa?
- Yes, I think everyone tries to do the best for the team and Felipe, who now doesn't have any options to fight for the title, will help me because he wants the best for the team.

- Did you relationship get colder after Germany?
- No.

- Did you talk about it, analyse it?¿
- Yes, yes...

- warmly?
- Yes, of course.We both know this sport. The unusual thing was the controversy and media interest that it generated when we saw the same almost every year in Brazil or with McLaren every two or three races. It seems when we're involved it always get bigger. But as I said, between drivers it was normal.

- Why do you think that happens?
- I guess is because I've got my career had more repercussion or because I've got two WDC. We've been two weeks talking about Schumacher and Barrichello after Hungary.

- Why?
- Because of that, he's Michael Schumacher.

(In process....)

Edited by showtime, 08 November 2010 - 18:32.

#5226 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:46

James Allen has hinted that Alonso may be sacrificing some straight line speed for a set up that works better in the wet. Anyone have any word on this? Given that no rain is expected for the race, I really hope this isn't true...

I hope not too, but with 60% chance of rain, they better be ready for anything!

#5227 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:59

[i]- Let's go to the point. Convince me that you can win the WDC.
-It will be difficult. I'm not convinced myself.

- So...
- The only thing I always was sure of is that I would be fighting for it, even when some races ago I was far behind. I was circumstantial, I was doing a better season that what the points were telling. And other drivers didn't deserve so many. Time puts everyone on his place, I was sure I would get to the fight.

Interesting quote but where Alonso is right about other drivers not deserving so many (I guess he means Button above all) he himself did not deserve more from the early races - above all Monaco and China he was 100% at fault and there were other sloppy moments too. But it seems to be part of Alonso's psychological make up to see only the positives in his performances and perhaps that's one of the reasons he's fought back so well in the second half of the season, where other drivers might have lost confidence.

#5228 as65p

as65p

• 17,284 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:06

Absolutely blistering lap. To put 8 tenths on Felipe is no joke, it is worlds. :up:

Maybe Smedley was again whispering sweet nothings into Massas ear, just at the wrong moment this time. It's the only explanation I got, Massa didn't look THAT slow all weekend.

;)

#5229 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,473 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:14

If he's actually sacrificied his setup and is still as fast as he is, I'd say he's got things covered wet or dry.  ;)

#5230 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:52

Maybe Smedley was again whispering sweet nothings into Massas ear, just at the wrong moment this time. It's the only explanation I got, Massa didn't look THAT slow all weekend.

;)

Felipe had quite a big traffic on his fast lap IIRC, I was surprised to see that.

#5231 yr

yr

• 5,965 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:58

If he's actually sacrificied his setup and is still as fast as he is, I'd say he's got things covered wet or dry. ;)

He had better speed in speed trap than Massa though, so I wouldnt bet my house on him sacrificing his setup big time.

#5232 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:09

He had better speed in speed trap than Massa though, so I wouldnt bet my house on him sacrificing his setup big time.

It's raining now. If it rains quite heavy and with temperatures low and no support race the track might still be damp when the race starts. If that's the case all predictions go out the window and anything could happen.

#5233 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,769 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:33

Posted Image

:rotfl:

#5234 nomeg1

nomeg1

• 4,942 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:55

Alonso about the S.F. the 21st of October :

"In terms of Happiness, motivation and driving, it's the best team"
(ToileF1)

#5235 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:27

- What will you do if you win the WDC in Abu Dhabi?
- I'll stay there because I have some test next week.

- I'm sure you'll make a party right?
- I didn't think of anything

- You let your people and the team to arrange it...
- It's better not to plan anything.

- Would you like to celebrate it with your supporters like you did in Oviedo's Town Hall last time?
- (He smiles) Of course. When you achieve something important is nice to share it, but I prefer not to think about that.

- Why don't you send them a little message?
- I appreciate their support a lot. They can rest assure that I'm going to give everything I got, if I don't win the championship it won't be for lack of determination. I'm at 100% for these final races. I can't promise it will be enough but I will fight until the last lap.

- Do you really feel people's support?
- Of course I do. Not directly because I'm always from one place to another but I know there's a lot of people behind, getting up early to watch the races and enjoy my victories.

Love him or hate him, but he looks very humble in the interview. I can't say the same thing about other drivers for sure.

Edited by AlanWake, 23 October 2010 - 15:28.

#5236 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,473 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:40

Yea, I didn't think so.

But it does look as if they've gone for a higher d/f setup in general, so could be fairly good if it does rain. But then again, so will Vettel, Webber, Lewis and maybe even Button.....

As for that Alonso GIF - I dont understand the hate for Vettel. I really like the kid. :lol: I know its the wrong thread to say this, but I think he's far more likeable than Alonso or Lewis.

Edited by Seanspeed, 23 October 2010 - 15:42.

#5237 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:52

As for that Alonso GIF - I dont understand the hate for Vettel. I really like the kid. :lol: I know its the wrong thread to say this, but I think he's far more likeable than Alonso or Lewis.

I like Vettel's funny side, the joking side... but when he gets into the "fingerboy" or "i'm nº1 kid" mode I hate him with all my heart :lol:

#5238 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,769 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:10

I think the problem with Vettel is that he always, no matter if he win or loose, shows some traits of arrogance, cockiness and most of the times he is a bad looser. But despite that, at least to me, he looks like a nice kid in interviews and off camera stuff. He will be a likeable guy in the coming years when he grow up a little.

#5239 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:13

The more I think about it the more I see that Alonso has never really had a go during a race at his main competitors. He's done some overtaking when he's started at the back/middle but I can't remember him fighting with a McLaren or a Red Bull.

He needs to show abit more than just drive fast. He's abit of a Vettel really, just more mature.

Advertisement

#5240 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:33

The more I think about it the more I see that Alonso has never really had a go during a race at his main competitors. He's done some overtaking when he's started at the back/middle but I can't remember him fighting with a McLaren or a Red Bull.

He needs to show abit more than just drive fast. He's abit of a Vettel really, just more mature.

Ok?

#5241 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:36

Yeah abit silly of me to give my opinion of Alonso in the Alonso thread, but it was just something I've been thinking about the past few hours about this guy.

#5242 kandru

kandru

• 177 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:36

have you seen him stuck 20 laps behind a McLaren or a Red Bull??? OK, that's because he was further ahead or he was not fast enough to follow them closely. I can only remember Malaysia and Monza (both behind Button) and he tried to overtake many times in Sepang (but his gearbox-clutch problems were not helping) and in Monza he just showed his nosecone once to Button, then followed him as close as possible and leapfrog him. Better that than 2 consecutive DNFs because of too much commitment or over-enthusiasm

#5243 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:04

I don't disagree with you completely, he hasn't done many overtaking movements against title contenders in a while. But to be fair the F10 has been slower than the other cars for many races and when the car has developed he has always qualified superbly which means most of the times he only had the Red Bulls in front. Now tell me how many drivers have overtook a RBR this season.

#5244 as65p

as65p

• 17,284 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:16

Show more, how and what for? The day he's stuck a whole race behind a slower car this will be an issue, but not a moment sooner.

#5245 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 1,212 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:18

I like Vettel's funny side, the joking side... but when he gets into the "fingerboy" or "i'm nº1 kid" mode I hate him with all my heart :lol:

+1

#5246 figue

figue

• 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:48

why would he want to overtake those rb drivers? either of them would push him off the race, ask lewis or jenson about it

#5247 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:09

Second part of the interview:

- Do you know that some English newspapers call you "Teflonso"?
-No.

- They say that, like the Teflon, a very insulating and resistant material, you are not affected by anything that happens around you, that you don't care much about most of the those things.
*I think the journalist didn't get it right :rotfl: *
- I've been many years racing and I can distinguish important things from the ones they are not. The important things are those that make you a better driver and I care less every day about those that don't make you faster.

- You've been here for a while, for how long do you expect to be?
- As long as I can.

- You signed for 4 years with Ferrari. Would you renew the contract?
- Yeah, most likely. I don't know what I'll be thinking then but as long as I'm having fun, being competitive and things are going well I won't think of leaving.

- Aren't you tired of living like a nomad?
- I've living this way sins 12. It's normal to me, when I spend 8 or 9 days at home I don't know what to do.

- Do you regret the lost friendships because of that?
- I've kept all the strong friendships. Less contact but with the same intensity and affection. This is temporary, a driver's career doesn't last forever and I'll come back to a conventional life and my true friends will be there.

- Have you made friends racing?
- Yes, here too. I'm 200 days per year with the same group of people. Mechanics, engineers, journalist, team mates. And you make certain friendship with some of them.

- And when you retire.. what?
- I don't know

- Will you stay in something related with motorsport?
- I didn't think about it. I've been driving all my life and it would be a pity not been able to share my knowledge and experience. Having a driving school would be nice.

- There's a kart circuit named after you in Asturias, how does it goes?
- Fine, is near to it inauguration and it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to, make the most of those super facilities.

- Do you keep thinking of having a cycling team?
- Yes but I'm aware of the economic difficulties we are going through, specially for cycling.

- F1 is a complicated sport because of politics but cycling is not far behind if we talk about problems.
- It's definitely not easy.

- You have a good relationship with Contador Have you talked to him about his positive?
- Yes but we have to wait. It's never easy to know from the outside what's really happening.

- Doping in F1 it's in the cars
- In every sport the key is trying to find the limits. In motor sports the margin it's in the machine.

- Last night Spanish Football Team was awarded with the "Principe de Asturias" of Sport. You were awarded in 2005. Great line up isn't it?
- It's the most important award a sport man can get. A recognition you can opt to not very often. I was lucky to be awarded iin 2005. Spanish Football Team deserve it because they made a whole country stand up from their chairs. And that's the meaning of the award, sometimes people think it's about records. It's about the excitement that someone can generate on people and Spanish side is the number one at that.

- Where do you see yourself living after retirement? Living peacefully in Asturias?
- I'd like to but I don't know what my situation will be. My interests, my family's, my work, if it implies a lot of travels...

- Would you like to be a father?
- Of course, when it comes the day.

- Until then you have fun with radio controlled cars. You started also a flight course, do you keep going?
- It's a bit on standby but I will continue when the season finishes.

- Have you ever taken the controls yet?
- Yeah, once.

- Without assistance?
- Yes and I survived, I'm here.

- How does it feel?
- You feel great

- Is it very impressive?
- No. First flights are always on nice days without many clouds or wind, very good conditions.

#5248 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:12

Im far from being an Alonso fan -

This guy can possibly win the championship due to his incredible LUCK .... I predict the RED BULLS will have both mechanical gremlins
in these remaining races , and thus to incredible circumstances Alonso will unfortunately win the title by a hair ....

I hope I'm very wrong -

#5249 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:17

have you seen him stuck 20 laps behind a McLaren or a Red Bull??? OK, that's because he was further ahead or he was not fast enough to follow them closely. I can only remember Malaysia and Monza (both behind Button) and he tried to overtake many times in Sepang (but his gearbox-clutch problems were not helping) and in Monza he just showed his nosecone once to Button, then followed him as close as possible and leapfrog him. Better that than 2 consecutive DNFs because of too much commitment or over-enthusiasm

He was stuck behind Kobayashi a long time in SPA and then he gave up.

#5250 rabbitleader

rabbitleader

• 1,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:19

why would he want to overtake those rb drivers? either of them would push him off the race, ask lewis or jenson about it

And I thought the idea of racing was to overtake! That's is ridiculous!