Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#5651 robefc

robefc

• 8,020 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:08

If you just want to troll then shut up and pi*s off. It was by no means his 'worst drive ever'. A catastrophic tactical decision by Ferrari and being stuck behind Petrov is bad - but Hamilton couldn't pass Kubica either. Just wasn't meant to be.

If anything it shows that this track is rubbish, 2 best divers couldn't get past cars on older tyres that are maybe 0.5 - 1 sec slower when on the same tyres.

Advertisement

#5652 Zhuk

Zhuk

• 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:11

I'm disappointed but that's how the cookie crumbles Ferrari lost on strategy and Fernando was unable to find an opening to overtake Petrov, but now is the time to acknowledge that these things happens and Ferrari has had an incredibly powerful and motivating season thanks to Fernando Alonso and it's clear to everyone that we can expect great things from this partnership in the future!

#5653 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:11

So now that Alonso didn't bring the championship for Ferrari in his first season there, after replacing Kimi, we can say hiring Alonso was a bad move, and he's been a major failure, hm? Money well spent?

No. He did a lot better than Kimi would have done - just compare their relative performance to Massa.

Ferrari were awful today and Alonso not much better but the championship was lost over the season - Alonso because of his mistakes, Ferrari cos of mistakes and cos the car just wasn't fast enough, plus some real bad luck, the last of which was being stuck behind Petrov at a sh*t Tilke track where you can't overtake. If this had been Suzuka or Monza Alonso probably could have made the passes...

Oh well. It's over now, roll on 2011...

#5654 valachus

valachus

• 1,070 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:12

Alonso just mentioned at bbc he overtook in victories lauda and fangio. you are nowhere their level fonzo.

:lol: no really, he couldn't have actually said that... could he? still.. maybe he could, in which case :rotfl:

#5655 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:12

Tough race for Alonso - I'd be pissed too. Ferrari's fault though - they reacted to Webber - which was a stupid move.

A brilliant move.

#5656 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:16

Poor strategy. Not very nice of Alonso to shake his fist at Petrov, but understandable and no big deal.

Better luck next year.

#5657 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:17

No. He did a lot better than Kimi would have done - just compare their relative performance to Massa.

No, I am pretty sure Massa didn't win the WDC in 2007...

#5658 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,760 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:18

Alonso loose today the title because the pitwall, they were clueless, but is easy to talk afterward. At the end, Alonso did mistakes, Massa did mistakes, the team did mistakes, the engine problems, the fact that Ferrari was fighting till the last race was a miracle. Alonso was so cold and cool for so many months that at the end he loose it with Petrov, bad gesture but understandable.

Fernando will be stronger next year, I have no doubt.

Edited by kosmos, 14 November 2010 - 15:19.

#5659 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:18

Ferrari were awful today and Alonso not much better but the championship was lost over the season - Alonso because of his mistakes, Ferrari cos of mistakes and cos the car just wasn't fast enough, plus some real bad luck, the last of which was being stuck behind Petrov at a sh*t Tilke track where you can't overtake. If this had been Suzuka or Monza Alonso probably could have made the passes...

Oh well. It's over now, roll on 2011...

What a crappy comment.....would have done, would have done. You must know something the rest of us don´t. "would have done"???
Your boy couldn´t deliver. Face it, get over with it.

Advertisement

#5660 leomax

leomax

• 151 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:21

Tough luck really.
Not much he could do.
I must point out that ,those hater's are having a field day.

#5661 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:21

Alonso loose today the title because the pitwall, they were clueless, but is easy to talk afterward. At the end, Alonso did mistakes, Massa did mistakes, the team did mistakes, the engine problems, the fact that Ferrari was fighting till the last race was a miracle. Alonso was so cold and cool for so many months that at the end he loose it with Petrov, bad gesture but understandable.

Fernando will be stronger next year, I have no doubt.

My fear is whether Ferrari can produce a better car next year or not. They switched to the 2010 challenger very early and still were well behind Red Bull for most of the year. So what chance for 2011? The only hope I think for Ferrari and McLaren is that Newey, for all his brilliance, tends to get it wrong once in a while and hopefully next year will be an 'off' year.

#5662 grunge

grunge

• 4,305 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:22

Feel sorry for Alonso....dont know if one could blame ferrari here..they had to cover Webber..they just had to

#5663 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:25

I bet he wishes he wasn't so cocky and arrogant about winning the championship before the race. Being so experienced, he should have known something like this could easily have happened.

#5664 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:31

Excellent!
It would have been a shame to see cheaters win it just because the FIA chose not to strip them of their German GP points!

As for Alonso, he can't hold a candle to Kimi, he's been driving outside the track for half the race today.

#5665 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:32

Twice Alonso has been in close WDC battles and both times hes choked.

The only way he can win the WDC is if he has the best car AND the other cars continuously break down.

#5666 bogi

bogi

• 3,035 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:32

At least Hamilton isn't public enemy no1 in Spain any more.

#5667 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,956 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:34

All Alonso's arrogance and so called wisdom has made him look stupid.

Blaming Petrov is another example of Alonso throwing his toys out the pram when things don't go his way.

Cool and calm? Yeah right.

He choked big time, with a WDC at stake he couldn't pass a rookie.

#5668 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:35

Feel sorry for Alonso....dont know if one could blame ferrari here..they had to cover Webber..they just had to

Having thought about it a bit I kind of agree. I don't think Ferrari are really to blame. It was just one of those days where nothing worked out as planned from the moment the lights turned green.

#5669 Lights

Lights

• 9,414 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:37

Haven't seen any reaction whatsoever but this was just awful.

#5670 Coral

Coral

• 2,767 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:37

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...that was an epic fail today. :rotfl:

Hopefully this will silence all the Alonso fans who keep banging on about 2007. :stoned:

#5671 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:38

Well, I'm glad to see this forum hasn't exploded yet.

Bottom line, Alonso didn't deliver today, neither did Webber. Vettel Champion without team orders, actually exactly the opposite, as it should be! Alonso :down:

#5672 Flamini

Flamini

• 809 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:38

That was still brilliant season. Ok, Vettel is WDC, but Alonso is clearly nr 1 driver in Ferrari. He will stay in Ferari for many years, probably next 7-8, so I'm calm. The title will come sooner or later, although there is something inside me what tells me that Red Bull can dominate F1 in next years. That is my biggest fear.

Edited by Flamini, 14 November 2010 - 15:39.

#5673 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,760 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:39

There is a reason why he couldn't overtake petrov, and the same goes for Hamilton. Try to watch the races without your "hate glasses" on.

#5674 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:39

Blaming Petrov is another example of Alonso throwing his toys out the pram when things don't go his way.

Not every driver will jump out of your way Alonso.

#5675 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,435 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:41

I am so gutted I could cry right now. Why oh why did Alonso pit when he did.

It just wasn't to be this year but Alonso and Ferrari have gelled so well and the title will come eventually.

#5676 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Well, you know how they say.... 'good luck - as long as the car is not red'!

#5677 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

There is a reason why he couldn't overtake petrov, and the same goes for Hamilton. Try to watch the races without your "hate glasses" on.

Hamilton literally passed around 10 cars ON track in 2007 after his gearbox problem.
Next year he again passed a Toyota on the LAST lap to become WDC.

#5678 K-One

K-One

• 5,911 posts

Alonso benefitted from illegal team orders

no team orders at Red Bull in last GP

he only had to get 5th and he choked big time, again

Not to mention his very unsportmanship gesture to Petrov, who was fighting for position

Guy has zero class and blaming others, right guy won WDC

#5679 Flamini

Flamini

• 809 posts

I feel sorry for you. Even Alguersuari stopped Massa with a much slower car than Renault.

Advertisement

#5680 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:42

There is a difference between overtaking a rookie and overtaking one of the best drivers on the grid, even if they are in the same car. Although I do agree that overtaking the Renault is difficult because of it's excellent traction. However, Alonso shouldn't have shown his petulance at the end, shaking his fist at Petrov. Simply if Alonso deserved to be the WDC he should have overtaken the people in front.

#5681 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,956 posts

Hamilton was dealing with Kubica not Petrov, plus Hamilton didn't have a WDC at stake.

ALonso choked off the line too with Button jumping him.

It was poor from Alonso.

#5682 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,956 posts

Hamilton was dealing with Kubica not Petrov, plus Hamilton didn't have a WDC at stake.

ALonso choked off the line too with Button jumping him.

It was poor from Alonso.

#5683 Lada Lover

Lada Lover

• 4,102 posts

Alonso was very frustrated but it still doesn't excuse his behavior. I can't support a sore loser.

Edited by Lada Lover, 14 November 2010 - 15:43.

#5684 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Not to mention his very unsportmanship gesture to Petrov, who was fighting for position

:up:

#5685 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:45

Congrats to Vettel and RedBull.

Some of these comments are truly hate filled. :S

Either way bad strategy call by Ferrari which put Alonso in an impossible situation. Even Lewis and co couldn't pass a damn car on that track...

Dunno what Fred is getting angry at Petrov for either, just really pissed I suppose.

Well always next year. :) Keep the faith guys.

#5686 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:46

Ahh McLaren fans. this is the Alonso thread, if your going to come in here to bash him. please kindly do one.

#5687 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...that was an epic fail today. :rotfl:

Hopefully this will silence all the Alonso fans who keep banging on about 2007. :stoned:

Your a class act. Where did Hamilton finish in the Championship?

Edited by Watkins74, 14 November 2010 - 15:47.

#5688 speng

speng

• 1,299 posts

:up:

#5689 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,760 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:47

There is a difference between overtaking a rookie and overtaking one of the best drivers on the grid, even if they are in the same car. Although I do agree that overtaking the Renault is difficult because of it's excellent traction. However, Alonso shouldn't have shown his petulance at the end, shaking his fist at Petrov. Simply if Alonso deserved to be the WDC he should have overtaken the people in front.

I'm not going to argue about the shaking because I didn't liked it. But it was clear that the car wasn't good enough to overtake Petrov, Alonso was pushing so hard that he went off the track many times, if anyone think the reason why he couldn't overtake was because he chocked or he was driving badly....

Anyway, I give up, this thread if going to be full of many things in the next days, there is no point to argue with anyone.

Edited by kosmos, 14 November 2010 - 15:48.

#5690 VicR

VicR

• 1,965 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:48

I bet Kimi is laughing has ass off right now. Paid not to drive while the guy who supposedly is God on four wheels somehow manages to screw it up.

Congratulations Luca for your wise choice. I bet you did pocket some of the Santander money yourself.

#5691 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:49

Good for you Alonso - you overcame a seemingly impossible deficit from mid-season and made an impressive bid to win the WDC... too litle in the end - a result at Spa might have been enough to make a difference - but c'est la vie.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

#5692 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:49

Hamilton literally passed around 10 cars ON track in 2007 after his gearbox problem.
Next year he again passed a Toyota on the LAST lap to become WDC.

He's talking about Hamilton and Kubica...please try again...

#5693 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:50

I bet Kimi is laughing has ass off right now. Paid not to drive while the guy who supposedly is God on four wheels somehow manages to screw it up.

Congratulations Luca for your wise choice. I bet you did pocket some of the Santander money yourself.

Yes - I'm sure Kimi would have done much better... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: - I mean - look at his excellent season in the WRC..
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#5694 K-One

K-One

• 5,911 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:50

When things are going his way, everything is rosy. When not, he is critisizing his team, team mate, the sport and your grandmother

:wave:

#5695 speng

speng

• 1,299 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:51

When things are going his way, everything is rosy. When not, he is critisizing his team, team mate, the sport and your grandmother

true

#5696 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:53

Yes - I'm sure Kimi would have done much better... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: - I mean - look at his excellent season in the WRC..
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Getting a bit desperate, aren't we? Must be hard to be a rabid Alonso fan right now. But that is a part of sports, you can't win all the time.

#5697 Flamini

Flamini

• 809 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:53

What a poor losers you are, I've never posted in Hamilton thread after his bad races, because a normal fan is PRO not ANTI. And when Alonso has a bad weeekend McLaren fans are always there.

So that is true - McLaren fans are really the worst in F1. :rolleyes:

#5698 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:55

I'm not going to argue about the shaking because I didn't liked it. But it was clear that the car wasn't good enough to overtake Petrov, Alonso was pushing so hard that he went off the track many times, if anyone think the reason why he couldn't overtake was because he chocked or he was driving badly....

Anyway, I give up, this thread if going to be full of many things in the next days, there is no point to argue with anyone.

Give it a couple of days and the idiot Alonso-haters will disappear again and we can have a more reasoned discussion perhaps about what went wrong...this forum really needs some decent moderators though to ban the numerous trolls, it's way over the top and no one seems to moderate at all...

#5699 Bartman

Bartman

• 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:55

Feel for him cos I wanted him to win it, but at the end of the day his reaction to Petrov is what makes him what he is, a very passionate and hot headed driver. Its his character. Some love him for it, some hate him.

Advertisement

#5700 Lada Lover

Lada Lover

• 4,102 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:56

Who is this Kimi you speak of? Never heard of him. It's "what have you done for me lately Eddie".