Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#5701 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,953 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:56

What a poor losers you are, I've never posted in Hamilton thread after his bad races, because a normal fan is PRO not ANTI. And when Alonso has a bad weeekend McLaren fans are always there.

So that is true - McLaren fans are really the worst in F1. :rolleyes:

Alonso/ferrari fans are all over the Hamilton thread when he has a bad race.

Advertisement

#5702 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:57

Getting a bit desperate, aren't we? Must be hard to be a rabid Alonso fan right now. But that is a part of sports, you can't win all the time.

No - I just thought the idea that Kimi would be laughing up his sleeve at this point a derisory comment.

#5703 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:57

That was still brilliant season. Ok, Vettel is WDC, but Alonso is clearly nr 1 driver in Ferrari. He will stay in Ferari for many years, probably next 7-8, so I'm calm. The title will come sooner or later, although there is something inside me what tells me that Red Bull can dominate F1 in next years. That is my biggest fear.

Really? But then he will be like 117 years old? :cat: :confused: Think he will finish his career with them (4 years max), then I think they will try to get KUB, HAM or VET.

Edited by HAM, 14 November 2010 - 15:58.

#5704 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:58

Yes - I'm sure Kimi would have done much better... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: - I mean - look at his excellent season in the WRC..
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I seem to remember Kimi showing up to deliver on title day, I don't know where Alonso was today :wave:

#5705 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:59

I bet Kimi is laughing has ass off right now. Paid not to drive while the guy who supposedly is God on four wheels somehow manages to screw it up.

Congratulations Luca for your wise choice. I bet you did pocket some of the Santander money yourself.

Wondered how long the Kimi mention would come. Kimi doesn't give a damn about formula one, he probably has no idea of the result.

Fernando lead Ferrari this year, when did Kimi do that? never.

#5706 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Who is this Kimi you speak of? Never heard of him. It's "what have you done for me lately Eddie".

just a guy who actually delivers on championship day :wave:

#5707 Flamini

Flamini

• 799 posts

Really? But then he will be like 117 years old? :cat: :confused:

About 37.

Don't worry, Alonso has a really strong position inside Ferrari :wave:

#5708 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:00

Wondered how long the Kimi mention would come. Kimi doesn't give a damn about formula one, he probably has no idea of the result.

well, he at least shows up on title day, even if he hates Formula 1, imagine if he actually liked it :wave:

#5709 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:00

I seem to remember Kimi showing up to deliver on title day, I don't know where Alonso was today :wave:

You can't compar a season where 2 teams could win the title with a season where 3 teams could win and neither Ferrari or McLaren had the fastest car.

The two seasons are not comparable.

#5710 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,667 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:01

Fernando about Petrov:

Asked whether he blamed Petrov for the result, Alonso replied: "I tried to pass him once and he protected like it was the last lap, in the last race in the championship, fighting both for the championship, so he was very aggressive.

"But he drove very well, he made no mistakes. I think next year we will try again."

Pretty fair if you ask me.

#5711 VicR

VicR

• 1,965 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:02

When Felipe was beaten by Lewis at the last race at Interlagos 2008 he helped the Toyota crew get out alive from the circuit because of Glock's unfortunate position at the last ccorner.

When Alonso was beaten by Sebastian at the last race in Abu Dhabi 2010 he was shaking his fist at Petrov, a driver that was fighting him for position almost all race.

Funny to get to know the characters in F1 when everything is balancing on a knife's edge. That's when the real faces show themselves. :)

#5712 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:03

just a guy who actually delivers on championship day :wave:

True, this season shows exactly why 2007 Kimi > 2010 Alonso. Kimi delivered when needed the most.

#5713 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:03

You can't compar a season where 2 teams could win the title with a season where 3 teams could win and neither Ferrari or McLaren had the fastest car.

The two seasons are not comparable.

I merely replied to your post with a logical answer :drunk:

#5714 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,393 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:04

What about Kimi?? He wasn´t capable of beating Massa, he´d be like 50 points off at best.

#5715 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:05

What about Kimi?? He wasn´t capable of beating Massa, he´d be like 50 points off at best.

you gotta finish it off and show up on title day :wave:

#5716 Flamini

Flamini

• 799 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:06

True, this season shows exactly why 2007 Kimi > 2010 Alonso. Kimi delivered when needed the most.

Ok, but who is Kimi Raikkonen? I don't see him in standings this year. So good driver without a team? :lol: No sh*t :drunk:

#5717 TIFOlonSO

TIFOlonSO

• 320 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:07

Where were all these Alonso bashers last months? lol
Have shame on your self.

#5718 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:07

2007: Kimi versus Hamilton and Alonso. 2 Teams

2010: Alonso versus Vettel, Webber and Hamilton. 3 Teams.

You can't simply compare the two. The two seasons are totally different.

Get over the fact Kimi doesn't drive for Ferrari. He's happy, why can't you be?

#5719 simplyfast

simplyfast

• 867 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:08

There was not a single overtake among any driver from winner (Seb) to 8th position (Webber) at least.

you need to watch the race as clearly there were some just none by alonso :rotfl:

Advertisement

#5720 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,393 posts

you gotta finish it off and show up on title day :wave:

You gotta have an opportunity on title day.... looking how Massa has ended with 112 points less than Vettel, Raikkonnen would be like 90-100 today, at best. I was being very optimistic before

#5721 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,693 posts

Fernando about Petrov:

As much as I dislike Fred's bitching, that interview was very fair and quite nice, actually.

#5722 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:09

Yes, but where does this leadership actually show? In his winning the WDC? In his masterful WDC deciding race, after leading the WDC by one point before the last race? In the brillantly timed pistop and strategy? In the sportsmanlike behaviour after the race? In boosting his teammate to compete at the highest possible level?

No. It looks to me he didn't do any of these. So his famous leadership, 0,6 seconds, and PASSION must show someplace else?

#5723 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:11

Will you ever say something objective, don't you get tired of being so ridiculous?

The F2007 was a much better car than the F10. It was Hamilton who didn't deliver, do not forget those sweet moments ;)

#5724 Nesto

Nesto

• 94 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:12

Alonso benefitted from illegal team orders

no team orders at Red Bull in last GP

he only had to get 5th and he choked big time, again

Not to mention his very unsportmanship gesture to Petrov, who was fighting for position

Guy has zero class and blaming others, right guy won WDC

One race, you have class, the next you don't. Vettel had much of his own complaining earlier this year especially when Webber was beating him. And favoring one driver and team orders are the same thing, if you don't believe Vettel was favored, you weren't watching closely. Webber hasn't been able to compete with Vettel since right ?

As for as whatever Alonso said about Petrov, we don't see much outside of the race here in the US so I haven't seen it yet. Trust me, hes not the only one cursing Petrov, I've got some words for him too !! Ultimately, its the team's fault and Alonso knows this but he will not publicly condemn the team no matter what. Hes fighting for the championship and Petrov is fighting for squat, I want him to move out of the way too !! Alas, thats racing. Ferrari made a horrible mistake at the worst possible time. That was not a conservative, strategic call. It was an utter gamble and they lost. When Webber pitted cuz his tires were gone, I hoped and hoped Alonso would stay out in 4th... then !@#)#@*$#!@#!

#5725 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:12

Yes, but where does this leadership actually show? In his winning the WDC? In his masterful WDC deciding race, after leading the WDC by one point before the last race? In the brillantly timed pistop and strategy? In the sportsmanlike behaviour after the race? In boosting his teammate to compete at the highest possible level?

No. It looks to me he didn't do any of these. So his famous leadership, 0,6 seconds, and PASSION must show someplace else?

Yes - Alonso is a loser - He should be fired - to bad you're not in control of decision making at Ferrari so you could make the right call...
:rotfl:

#5726 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:13

When Felipe was beaten by Lewis at the last race at Interlagos 2008 he helped the Toyota crew get out alive from the circuit because of Glock's unfortunate position at the last ccorner.

When Alonso was beaten by Sebastian at the last race in Abu Dhabi 2010 he was shaking his fist at Petrov, a driver that was fighting him for position almost all race.

Funny to get to know the characters in F1 when everything is balancing on a knife's edge. That's when the real faces show themselves. :)

If anybody needed a reminder(I didn't) of how big of an arse this guy is, that was it. That's how big his sence of entitlement is, that's his view of what the sport should be.

#5727 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:14

2007: Kimi versus Hamilton and Alonso. 2 Teams

2010: Alonso versus Vettel, Webber and Hamilton. 3 Teams.

You can't simply compare the two. The two seasons are totally different.

Get over the fact Kimi doesn't drive for Ferrari. He's happy, why can't you be?

You seem like a nice guy, so, I'll just say this and leave you alone :)

What difference does that make when all Alonso had to do was finish 4th, not a very hard task for the might Alonso, is it? Without knocking the amazing driver that he actually is, he just didn't deliver today. All other Champions showed up to race today, Vettel (obviously) Hamilton, even Button. All he had to do was finish behind the other Champions, and missed it. It happens. :)

#5728 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Yes - Alonso is a loser - He should be fired - to bad you're not in control of decision making at Ferrari so you could make the right call...
:rotfl:

Well, you said it, not me. :wave:

#5729 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

The FIA Gala 2010 - WCC: Red Bull Racing, WDC: Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing, CoBMC: Fernando Alonso

Happy now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#5730 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:15

Well, you said it, not me. :wave:

and you seem to have no sense of the meaning of irony or sarcasm. :wave:

#5731 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:15

You gotta have an opportunity on title day.... looking how Massa has ended with 112 points less than Vettel, Raikkonnen would be like 90-100 today, at best. I was being very optimistic before

Your theory is in fact proven wrong, as, 1, Alonso DID have an opportunity today and choked, and second, Raikkonen actually DID deliver on his chance, so, that pretty much proves your theory wrong. :wave:

#5732 Nesto

Nesto

• 94 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:16

For people wanting to hate on Alonso, honestly this thread is for his fans. I can't speak for the conduct of others but I don't go into other "fan threads" to kick them when they and their respective driver are down.

#5733 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:17

and you seem to have no sense of the meaning of irony or sarcasm. :wave:

And you do? :rotfl:

#5734 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,735 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:17

Hey Birelman - Kimi still fired......have an ice cream and relax. :wave:

#5735 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:18

You seem like a nice guy, so, I'll just say this and leave you alone :)

What difference does that make when all Alonso had to do was finish 4th, not a very hard task for the might Alonso, is it? Without knocking the amazing driver that he actually is, he just didn't deliver today. All other Champions showed up to race today, Vettel (obviously) Hamilton, even Button. All he had to do was finish behind the other Champions, and missed it. It happens. :)

If you don't think Alonso showed up, take a look at quali, he put the car third. ahead of Button and Webber. he did that not the car. because it wasn't fast enough.

Ferrari watched Webber, which was wrong. it was a team mistake to pit him. He then pushed the car as hard as he could but it wasn't fast enough round this track to beat anyone.

Edited by toxicfusion, 14 November 2010 - 16:19.

#5736 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:19

That was a shit gesture from Alonso to Petrov. He can't expect the guy to give him position because he is fighting for the championship.

Anyway, hardy Fernando, Red Bull pulled a fast one and well played by them.

#5737 P123

P123

• 8,240 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:20

For people wanting to hate on Alonso, honestly this thread is for his fans. I can't speak for the conduct of others but I don't go into other "fan threads" to kick them when they and their respective driver are down.

Yep, and fair play to you. Unfortunately there are a lot of your fellow fans who don't always behave themselves in other drivers threads. Commiserations to the genuine FA fans. He drove superbly to bring himself back in to contention.

#5738 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:20

One race, you have class, the next you don't. Vettel had much of his own complaining earlier this year especially when Webber was beating him. And favoring one driver and team orders are the same thing, if you don't believe Vettel was favored, you weren't watching closely. Webber hasn't been able to compete with Vettel since right ?

As for as whatever Alonso said about Petrov, we don't see much outside of the race here in the US so I haven't seen it yet. Trust me, hes not the only one cursing Petrov, I've got some words for him too !! Ultimately, its the team's fault and Alonso knows this but he will not publicly condemn the team no matter what. Hes fighting for the championship and Petrov is fighting for squat, I want him to move out of the way too !! Alas, thats racing. Ferrari made a horrible mistake at the worst possible time. That was not a conservative, strategic call. It was an utter gamble and they lost. When Webber pitted cuz his tires were gone, I hoped and hoped Alonso would stay out in 4th... then !@#)#@*$#!@#!

Oh, I get it, when it goes right it's all Alonso and now it's only the teams fault, I'm sure Alonso was fighting over the radio as to why they wanted him to stop at the time :rolleyes: he has as much responsability about this as the team does!!

Second, What, you think all other cars are there just to make up the numbers so your precious Alonso can be Champion? it's every man for himself, and actually, Petrov WAS racing for the Championship as he races for RENAULT and RENAULT powers RBR, so, he in fact was helping his engine become the power unit that powered the WDC 2010.

Wake up and smell the oil man!!!

#5739 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:21

Hey Birelman - Kimi still fired......have an ice cream and relax. :wave:

Hey Watkins74, isn´t that what You´ve been crying in Kimi thread. Correct me if wrong :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Advertisement

#5740 motorhead

motorhead

• 906 posts

If I remember correctly Kimi was a WDC in 2007, Massa wasn´t. So how he wasn´t capable of beating Massa

#5741 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

And you do? :rotfl:

apparently more than you do, mate. But then, I wouldn't expect you to understand "irony and Sarcasm" - two and three syllable words as they are.

#5742 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:22

Will you ever say something objective, don't you get tired of being so ridiculous?

The F2007 was a much better car than the F10. It was Hamilton who didn't deliver, do not forget those sweet moments ;)

Can you disprove that Alonso did more mistakes in 2010 than Kimi in 2007? :)

#5743 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:23

If you don't think Alonso showed up, take a look at quali, he put the car third. ahead of Button and Webber. he did that not the car. because it wasn't fast enough.

Ferrari watched Webber, which was wrong. it was a team mistake to pit him. He then pushed the car as hard as he could but it wasn't fast enough round this track to beat anyone.

Your logic is irrefutable. Let me guess, the car was only as good as Massa's performance showed it to be, and so Alonso gave it his 0,6 and delivered the impossible. So by your logic RB is only as good as Webber, ie. worse than Ferrari?

#5744 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

yea, Qualifying isn't title day, if it were, Vettel would have been Champion long ago! so, he showed up yesterday, but he didn't show up on title day! and he has as much responsability as the team with regards to the strategy, or is the team only reponsable when it goes wrong? what about when they get it right? it's all Alonso brilliance then? the knife cuts both ways, he didn't deliver today, end of story! :)

#5745 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,735 posts

Hey Watkins74, isn´t that what You´ve been crying in Kimi thread. Correct me if wrong :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Your not wrong....................Kimi was fired. :wave:

#5746 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:24

apparently more than you do, mate. But then, I wouldn't expect you to understand "irony and Sarcasm" - two and three syllable words as they are.

Why don't you read my comment again, and consider the significance of the smilie. Then look up irony and sarcasm in the dictionary, and we can discuss it again, ok?

#5747 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Alonso has nothing to prove, a 3th worldtitle wouldn't have added to his stature, he is a champ no matter what. Everything went wrong today and it just wasn't going to be. Alonso will get more chances to win worldtitles ( it just his 1st year at SF and who thought he could fight till the end) and I believe he will win, many, it's just a shame that this year it went wrong after such an impressive comeback and incredible hard work.

#5748 Tactical

Tactical

• 60 posts

Fernando about Petrov:

kosmos, they do not need or want this. It's hating time for them, they were scared to death until just a few hours ago so quite understandable... They live for this kind of... Not sure, this is beyond any form of puerile fanatism or even fanboyism :)

Bad call for Ferrari, and they sadly know it. A real pity.

Cheers.

#5749 K-One

K-One

• 5,908 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:26

having a pay driver and putting all egg's in one basket did not pay off Ferrari. They lost WDC eventhough it was handed to them on a silver plate. Also,losing 2nd on constructors was a sour loss for them.

#5750 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:26

Your not wrong....................Kimi was fired. :wave:

Can´t remember the last time I was. Fired for nobody.. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Edited by Sammyosammy, 14 November 2010 - 16:27.