Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#5751 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:26

yea, Qualifying isn't title day, if it were, Vettel would have been Champion long ago! so, he showed up yesterday, but he didn't show up on title day! and he has as much responsability as the team with regards to the strategy, or is the team only reponsable when it goes wrong? what about when they get it right? it's all Alonso brilliance then? the knife cuts both ways, he didn't deliver today, end of story! :)

because you could drive the F10 faster?

Massa spent the race being Alguersuari, the F10 simply wasn't good enough to overtake anyone no matter what either driver did or could do.

Advertisement

#5752 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:27

Hey Birelman - Kimi still fired......have an ice cream and relax. :wave:

LOL yeah!! that's why this is all so funny!!! :up:

Replace a deliverer for a choker!! BRILLIANT!!!! :wave:

#5753 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

having a pay driver and putting all egg's in one basket did not pay off Ferrari. They lost WDC eventhough it was handed to them on a silver plate. Also,losing 2nd on constructors was a sour loss for them.

Well, if Ferrari put all eggs in one basket it was just because the other "basket" didn´t deliver and never was a real contender.

#5754 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

That was a shit gesture from Alonso to Petrov. He can't expect the guy to give him position because he is fighting for the championship.

Anyway, hardy Fernando, Red Bull pulled a fast one and well played by them.

The man was nervous... It happens. He was calming down after. He was mistaking, because he better would have throw his steering wheel into Domenicali face.

#5755 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

If you don't think Alonso showed up, take a look at quali, he put the car third. ahead of Button and Webber. he did that not the car. because it wasn't fast enough.

Ferrari watched Webber, which was wrong. it was a team mistake to pit him. He then pushed the car as hard as he could but it wasn't fast enough round this track to beat anyone.

Maybe you are right, but he had much trouble with his tyres, lost control a couple of times before he requested to make a pitstop.l

#5756 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,732 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:28

Alonso has nothing to prove, a 3th worldtitle wouldn't have added to his stature, he is a champ no matter what. Everything went wrong today and it just wasn't going to be. Alonso will get more chances to win worldtitles ( it just his 1st year at SF and who thought he could fight till the end) and I believe he will win, many, it's just a shame that this year it went wrong after such an impressive comeback and incredible hard work.

I repectfully disagree. Getting his 3rd would have put him way ahead of his peers. Now it is very possible that next year Vettel or Hamilton will also be 2x WDC.

Edited by Watkins74, 14 November 2010 - 16:31.

#5757 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:29

What a joke, honestly...

#5758 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:30

I think it is fair to say that lousy strategy lost Alonso the title today. But that's life. Better luck next year.

Hey, at the start of the season Ecclestone said that Vettel was gonna be champion this year, so we all knew this was gonna happen!

#5759 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:34

because you could drive the F10 faster?

Massa spent the race being Alguersuari, the F10 simply wasn't good enough to overtake anyone no matter what either driver did or could do.

I'm just saying the guy didn't deliver LOL, which is in fac t true! :)

No need to make a billion excuses about the car either, likewise, the feat that the mighty Alonso had to achieve was achieved by Rosberg in the Mercedes, Kubica in the Renault and Petrov? of all people, in Alonso's old "truck". Bottom line, he didn't get it done, simple, really :)

Edited by Birelman, 14 November 2010 - 16:55.

Advertisement

#5760 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:35

Alonso has nothing to prove, a 3th worldtitle wouldn't have added to his stature

Yes it would, massively, and we all know it, which is one reason why we are so disappointed.

#5761 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:36

having a pay driver and putting all egg's in one basket did not pay off Ferrari. They lost WDC eventhough it was handed to them on a silver plate. Also,losing 2nd on constructors was a sour loss for them.

Seriously? They lost the title designing a bad F10, that's all. And in the end they gave it completely away by bad strategy.

#5762 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,340 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:39

Seriously? They lost the title designing a bad F10, that's all. And in the end they gave it completely away by bad strategy.

Alonso choked, deal with it :cool:

#5763 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:39

which they started to design when their misinvestment was still trying the best he could with the previous dog of them :wave:

Edited by Sammyosammy, 14 November 2010 - 16:40.

#5764 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:41

Don't forget the jump start in China, the crash in Monaco, the crash in Belgium, the silly incidents in Australia and Silverstone....look, I am a big Alonso fan and he did a great job for most of the second half of the season, but his own mistakes were just as significant in not winning this title as the mistakes and deficiencies of the team...they have to win together and lose together...

#5765 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,732 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:42

Don't forget the jump start in China, the crash in Monaco, the crash in Belgium, the silly incidents in Australia and Silverstone....look, I am a big Alonso fan and he did a great job for most of the second half of the season, but his own mistakes were just as significant in not winning this title as the mistakes and deficiencies of the team...they have to win together and lose together...

Good honest appraisal of the year. :up:

#5766 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:45

Birelman,

Kimi says hello

Posted Image

:rotfl:

#5767 Flamini

Flamini

• 799 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:45

Birelman,

Kimi says hello

Posted Image

:lol: :up:

#5768 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:48

Birelman,

Kimi says hello

Posted Image

best you could deliver? as a troll this was pathetic :wave:

#5769 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:50

It is a shame that Alonso lost the title after the last races that he brilliantly drove, but this is racing... Even if he didn't won the WDC at the end, I am satisfied with his performance this season: He has never gave up and kept pushing Ferrari -to get the maximum from the F10- especially in the worst moments of the season like Monaco, Turkey or Silverstone so he deserves credit for that.

About the race, well, he did the best he could given the circumstances. I really didn't like his gesture towards Petrov, but it's understable considering that he was extremely frustrated after losing an almost sure title. In the post race interview, he looked calm and congratulated Vettel for a well deserved title, so he isn't that bad guy after all.
I am also happy he didn't blame Ferrari after a terrible strategy.

I just hope Ferrari can produce another good car the next year and he fights for the WDC again.

Edited by AlanWake, 14 November 2010 - 16:51.

#5770 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:53

Birelman,

Kimi says hello

Posted Image

LMAO!! picture worth a thousand words!!!

Funnies thing, I'm not even a Kimi fan, lol more like a Ferrari hater!! so, swing away baby! I can take it! :rotfl:

Seriously, I'm surprised Kimi hasn't killed himself yet in Rally, lol he's aweful!! :rotfl:

#5771 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:53

Great season for Alonso.

A fraction of the blame has to go to Alonso today for losing a spot to Button at the start. That changed the whole nature of the battle and left the team with a difficult choice. The team took that small mistake and magnified it.

Oh well, next year is another season and he's still clearly driving at this prime and as motivated and hungry for a WDC as ever.

#5772 Coral

Coral

• 2,749 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:55

Your a class act. Where did Hamilton finish in the Championship?

Fourth if you must know, but at least Lewis passed someone today (Kobayashi), unlike Alonso who was owned by a rookie (sounds familiar)! ;)

#5773 Lada Lover

Lada Lover

• 4,102 posts

The man was nervous... It happens. He was calming down after. He was mistaking, because he better would have throw his steering wheel into Domenicali face.

I'm happy to hear tha Alonso was calming down after the race. I have done the same as him when frustrated. Petrov did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm sure Fred will apologise to Petrov.

#5774 SvenF1

SvenF1

• 143 posts

best you could deliver? as a troll this was pathetic :wave:

Samtheman talking about trolling? :drunk:

Have you been planning a troll attack against autosport or some tifosi forum again with all the other kimi fanboys at f1forum, Nicole etc? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry it's so tough for you that Kimi was fired, but he was Massa's level and that's just not good enough, he would've been out of the WDC four or five races ago. You should stop trolling, doesn't really change anything, only ruins the forum like you've done at f1forum.

#5775 PedroR

PedroR

• 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:57

Fernando,... si alguna vez lees esto...:

¡¡¡MÁS GRANDE, CAMPEÓN!!!!!

You are the BIGGEST !!!

Thanks for this GREAT season. :clap:

#5776 Flamini

Flamini

• 799 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:57

All Kimi - Alonso comparisons are silly. Kimi never dominated Massa as much as Alonso.

This is a fact, right?

#5777 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:00

I'm happy to hear tha Alonso was calming down after the race. I have done the same as him when frustrated. Petrov did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm sure Fred will apologise to Petrov.

Indeed. If I had been in Petrov's position, I would have done the same. He did nothing wrong today.

#5778 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:03

I also hope 2011 is as exciting as 2010 has been so far. This season has been EPIC! One of the best F1 seasons ever! :up:

#5779 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,274 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:04

In the second half of this season FA reestablished himself as the No 1 Driver in F1... it looked like LH had taken that title off him in the first half of the season.

Hopefully Ferrari will have a better car next year so FA can have a shot at the title without having to rely on luck and the incompetence of each others.

Advertisement

#5780 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:12

"Fernando, we're not racing Vettel, we're racing Webber" :lol:

#5781 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:12

Samtheman talking about trolling? :drunk:

Have you been planning a troll attack against autosport or some tifosi forum 1) again with all the other kimi fanboys at f1forum, Nicole etc? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry it's so 2) tough for you that Kimi was fired, but he 3) was Massa's level and that's just not good enough, he would've been out of the WDC four or five races ago. You 4) should stop trolling, doesn't really change anything, only ruins the forum like you've done 5) at f1forum.

1) to do something "again" one should have been doing that earlier. Something I haven´t
2) nope, not that tough at all, never ever was even happy with his WDC. Came with the wrong team
3) I must have missed Felipe-baby`s WDC with reds. Pls refresh my memory..
4) to stop something one must have started to do that something at the first place
5) You might want to deliver my posts here from every single forum I`ve ruined. Let the rest of the forumists act as judges, ok? By the way, it is kind of challencing to ruin a forum with 36 posts of total

Ctrl+ C, Ctrl+V, feel free to deliver my trollings here so that everybody can see them.

(Btw. lousy drive from Mr. Alonso today. Very lame)

Edited by Sammyosammy, 14 November 2010 - 17:14.

#5782 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:13

In the second half of this season FA reestablished himself as the No 1 Driver in F1... it looked like LH had taken that title off him in the first half of the season.

Hopefully Ferrari will have a better car next year so FA can have a shot at the title without having to rely on luck and the incompetence of each others.

Lewis took that title from him in first half of 2007. season :)

And anyway, Vettel did better than both of them this season, I'm really impressed by that guy.

Edited by velgajski1, 14 November 2010 - 17:14.

#5783 SlickMick

SlickMick

• 107 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:19

Fanboys are pathetic - do you realise you only read each other's posts? Grow up!

As for today. Great drive by Petrov. Clealry Alonsos was utterly frustrated (primarily due to the teams miserable startegy call I guess) and this brought about the reaction - not very pleasant but nice to hear his comlimentary comments about Petrov's drive once he;d had a chance to calm down a bit.

As for the season. Brilliant performance by Alonso (and Hamilton). To have been so close to the RBs at the death was a massive achievement. As Ive siad before, in THAT car Alonso or Hamilton would have had the WDrivers sewn up ages ago.

All augers well for next season - should be great!

ps. cannot believe someone at Ferrari wont be in big trouble despite Alonso's unwillinglness to blame anyone in public.

#5784 lafitek

lafitek

• 325 posts

fernando and ferrari cracks under pressure.....

#5785 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Lewis took that title from him in first half of 2007. season :)

And anyway, Vettel did better than both of them this season, I'm really impressed by that guy.

:up:

I was just about to write something similar! :)

#5786 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Ret
7 WTF?

He was spot on with his prediction, he needed all podiums to get the championship. It would've been a good run, but alas it wasn't to be.

He needs to learn some sportsmanship from Felipe though, giving Petrov the fist like that.

No he wasnt he only needed 4th

hehe I am just giving the Alonso fans back the stick they gave Hamilton in 2007, when other factors effected his title bid as well.

Alonso is great, but you kinda feel their was a level of Karma for Ferrari over what happened in Germany.

Same here

Excellent!
It would have been a shame to see cheaters win it just because the FIA chose not to strip them of their German GP points!

As for Alonso, he can't hold a candle to Kimi, he's been driving outside the track for half the race today.

Maybe he might join Kimi and do rallying :)

#5787 kanishkl

kanishkl

• 42 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:20

Quite unfair to say he choked. Ferrari made a bad pit call and that was game over. Even Lewis couldn't overtake Kubica, and the Ferrari was definitely slower than the Mclaren this weekend. The Renault just had fantastic top speed.

Great race in all and to bring down the drivers who have put on such a great show only shows your shallowness in my opinion. However, it seems that you are still a child inside.

Congratulations to Seb and RB today. They deserve it as much as any of the other contenders going into the race today.

#5788 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:24

Fanboys are pathetic - do you realise you only read each other's posts? Grow up!

As for today. Great drive by Petrov. Clealry Alonsos was utterly frustrated (primarily due to the teams miserable startegy call I guess) and this brought about the reaction - not very pleasant but nice to hear his comlimentary comments about Petrov's drive once he;d had a chance to calm down a bit.

As for the season. Brilliant performance by Alonso (and Hamilton). To have been so close to the RBs at the death was a massive achievement. As Ive siad before, in THAT car Alonso or Hamilton would have had the WDrivers sewn up ages ago.

All augers well for next season - should be great!

ps. cannot believe someone at Ferrari wont be in big trouble despite Alonso's unwillinglness to blame anyone in public.

How exactly? could he have avoided engine failure in Korea? Brake trouble in Melbourne?, Engine trouble in Bahrain? we all know him with regards to "competitive" teammates so could he have avoided a controversy with his teammate in Turkey?

This " iin THAT car Alonso or Hamilton would have had the WDrivers sewn up ages ago" is a bunch of Bull, you can't tell what the cicumstances would be if he drove that car, but for a fact we KNOW, he lost to his rookie teammate in 07, and choked today.

Cheers! :)

#5789 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:25

Quite unfair to say he choked. Ferrari made a bad pit call and that was game over. Even Lewis couldn't overtake Kubica, and the Ferrari was definitely slower than the Mclaren this weekend. The Renault just had fantastic top speed.

Great race in all and to bring down the drivers who have put on such a great show only shows your shallowness in my opinion. However, it seems that you are still a child inside.

Congratulations to Seb and RB today. They deserve it as much as any of the other contenders going into the race today.

Ferrari wouldn't have been put in a situation to make a difficult strategy call if Alonso had a good start and managed to keep Button behind him. Alonso even started from the clean side. That was the mistake that really snowballed with the help of the team, really. I wonder why everyone's glossing over the mistake Fernando made at the start. Vettel managed to keep Hamilton behind at the start.

#5790 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,387 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:25

Don't understand how he could be seen as the best current driver. He blew 2007 and now with his mistakes this year he's blown 2010. He potentially could have been a four-timer now if it wasn't for his behaviour. A stellar second half of the season doesn't wipe out the poor first half he had and we all saw why with the nature of his gesture towards Petrov.

#5791 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:27

What a poor losers you are, I've never posted in Hamilton thread after his bad races, because a normal fan is PRO not ANTI. And when Alonso has a bad weeekend McLaren fans are always there.

So that is true - McLaren fans are really the worst in F1. :rolleyes:

No you havent but you should visit the Lewis Hamilton or Lewis v Jenson threads to see some of the stick he's been getting recently since Alonso's run of good results

#5792 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:27

Don't understand how he could be seen as the best current driver. He blew 2007 and now with his mistakes this year he's blown 2010. He potentially could have been a four-timer now if it wasn't for his behaviour. A stellar second half of the season doesn't wipe out the poor first half he had and we all saw why with the nature of his gesture towards Petrov.

True, he was very good this season, but very inconsistent with lots of tiny mistakes and some costly ones too. In a way, very similar performance like in 2007. from Fernando.

#5793 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:30

The Alonso we all know would make the right call in that situation 9 out of 10 times. He didn't today, hence, he didn't delive, more so, he wasn't fast enough today, and lost a position at the start, need I go on? It wasn't Alonso's best work by a long shot. Lets not forget how he gets so hailed when the strategies go right for him, surely, he has some input into those calls when they go right? it goes the same when it goes wrong, to say the "team" is only to blame THAT is childish, a mature person such as yourself knows that he is just as responsable for that call as the guys behind the wall.

#5794 SvenF1

SvenF1

• 143 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:31

Well, he clearly made the most mistakes etc this season so he definately was NOT the best driver.

However, he clearly can manipulate these "latinos" to be fully supporting him. Also, he brings a shitload of cash. Those things help. :rotfl:

#5795 kanishkl

kanishkl

• 42 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:32

Ferrari wouldn't have been put in a situation to make a difficult strategy call if Alonso had a good start and managed to keep Button behind him. Alonso even started from the clean side. That was the mistake that really snowballed with the help of the team, really. I wonder why everyone's glossing over the mistake Fernando made at the start. Vettel managed to keep Hamilton behind at the start.

You're right in pointing out Alonso's mistake at the start. However, even with that in mind, he was 4th and that's all he needed. It is quite well documented this year that Ferrari has been awful with their starts. Hindsight is great but I feel that most fans watching would've cringed when they saw FA come into the pits to cover Webber. It just didn't make sense and after that Petrov was really superb. Alonso gesticulated at the end, not great, but his comments to the BBC and on TV were very sportsmanlike.

Again, I don't really see how he choked this weekend. Legitimately, Button should've been third in qualifying if not for his mistake; Fernando was fourth fastest. As you rightly pointed out, his start was horrendous but it was still under control and Ferrari should've managed it. It just seems like they focused on the wrong red bull driver and lost sight of the bigger picture. This was also evident in them not queuing up their cars in qualifying properly otherwise Massa would have done a proper final qualifying lap and have been further ahead of some drivers.

#5796 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,387 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:34

True, he was very good this season, but very inconsistent with lots of tiny mistakes and some costly ones too. In a way, very similar performance like in 2007. from Fernando.

I should also add that he is in the prime of his career now at 29 years of age. It would be laughable to blame his mistakes on inexperience. He could've potentially won a very stealthy world title in the second best car had this season not been riddled with mistakes. It's clear to me now that he needs to fundamentally change his behaviour and approach because unless he has a dominant car I don't see him winning another title. He has the raw speed of a great champion but not the capacity of one. We'll see how he does next year.

Edited by hotstickyslick, 14 November 2010 - 17:34.

#5797 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:34

Well but he still is the best rider on the grid, by a huge margin also (I think I should add that). Shame you can't see it, you must think your fav is a legend. Oh and you agree he could have been a four-time winner?

Sorry for reacting on this again, but some are just...

It was just brillant today by RBR. :up: Can't say more really. What could Alonso have done in a situation like that? Overtaking Petrov wouldn't have been enough.

#5798 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,467 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:42

Alonso is a good driver in an ordinary car. Red Bull had a better car time and again. It was proven in the last race. I mean ordinary in comparison with Red Bull.
As for his frustration with Petrov, how many of the F1 drivers in this forum will just shake their heads and say "ah well" after not winning the WDC by 4 points. We would never have a spontaneous emotional overload would we?

#5799 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:45

Well, he clearly made the most mistakes etc this season so he definately was NOT the best driver.

However, he clearly can manipulate these "latinos" to be fully supporting him. Also, he brings a shitload of cash. Those things help. :rotfl:

Hey! I'm Latin too, I'm not under his spell!!! :p

Advertisement

#5800 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:45

I should also add that he is in the prime of his career now at 29 years of age. It would be laughable to blame his mistakes on inexperience. He could've potentially won a very stealthy world title in the second best car had this season not been riddled with mistakes. It's clear to me now that he needs to fundamentally change his behaviour and approach because unless he has a dominant car I don't see him winning another title. He has the raw speed of a great champion but not the capacity of one. We'll see how he does next year.

Unlike in 2007, his attitude has nothing to do with losing the WDC this year.

Edited by AlanWake, 14 November 2010 - 17:45.