Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#6101 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:58

could be for a Santander commerical, with a red helmet no one knows who is driving the car ;)

Maybe they wanted to emulate Schumacher.... :lol:

Advertisement

#6102 jetalt

jetalt

• 497 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 14:19

I love this pic :love:

http://www.f1-direct...essais2/077.jpg

#6103 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 14:29

I've always liked a simply designed red helmet with the Ferrari. It would be easy for Fernando to incorporate his Spanish flag too but it would mean getting rid of the powder blue because it wouldn't match.

#6104 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 14:48

The one he had when driving with Macca was nice.

Edited by Classic Ferrari, 20 November 2010 - 14:50.

#6105 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 15:04

The one he had when driving with Macca was nice.

Please leave that silver crap with the chrome team...

#6106 STIGG

STIGG

• 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 15:20

Please leave that silver crap with the chrome team...

:up: +1

I hope he always wears the blue and yellow of his home region. It defines him...... and reminds me of the good times at Renault!

#6107 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 16:59

I love this pic :love:

http://www.f1-direct...essais2/077.jpg

I now have a new desktop background :p

#6108 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 17:05

:up: +1

I hope he always wears the blue and yellow of his home region. It defines him...... and reminds me of the good times at Renault!

His helmet - like him - is the best on the grid IMHO. I hope he never changes it because I love it :love: :clap: :)

#6109 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 20:42

It is true that our opinions are probably not so far away.

I do not understand, however, why speculating that Alonso could have won on merit on Bahrein is crazy, and taking for granted that Vettel would have won it without the fault is not. Of course, we have no direct confirmation from RBR, but it was widely commented that the most plausible cause of the fault was that Vettel had to run a lean fuel mix because he was shorfuelled. So considering that Alonso's tyres were in good shape, it is not so crazy, IMHO, to believe that he could have forced Vettel into having to slow down to make it to the finish line.

Of course, anybody runs his parallel world F1 championship as he sees fit. In mine, Alonso had a chance. In yours Vettel would have won Bahrain without a trace of doubt; having to run a lean mixture is not indicative of potential problems at the end of the race. That is your choice, and I would never call it crazy.

And in my parallel world championship, everytime a driver ends in front of another, it has outraced him, except when the outraced driver has been rammed out of the race by other driver, as Button was by Vettel.

haha, well, I didn't mean crazy like that, I just meant that it's only speculation. There might be a bit of substance behind the speculation, but it's still speculation, it's as saying that had Alonso not had worn out engines, he would have been able to overtake both Petrov, and Rosberg. We can speculate all we want, but, doesn't exactly make anything true. It makes no difference, Alonso still won that race! :up: I don't look at the parallel prospect that Vettel would have won regarless, because, that never happened, all we know is that, Vettel did suffer from reliability more times than his WDC rials, is pretty much about all we know. Races are hardly ever perfect, they're ussually "managing" something, we could always pick on one of those and create a speculative ending to every race :)

#6110 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 20:49

I now have a new desktop background :p

Indeed, fantastic desktop picture!

What does it say? Alonso is Ferrari!
Even more scarlet red than Schumacher´s helmet ever was.

#6111 shaggy

shaggy

• 1,661 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:48

[/b]
Why? how talented must you be to collect points from the unreliability of the other guy, as you are pointing out?

Don't get me wrong, I think Alonso is extremely talented, but I don't think the fact that he took the fight to the end is necessarily proof of his talent, as, like you said, it was in great part aided by unreliability of the RBR. There were some races where Ferrari was fastest of all, and his talent showed when he seized those opportunities, if you ask me.

Massa, Button, Frentzen and Rubens (while at Ferrari) have shown that, while on the same car, they could not produce the same results as their teammate.
"To finish first, you first have to finish."
Alonso was there to pick up the pieces ... but he had to be there.
Hamilton disappointed me towards the end; Alonso actually came alive as he saw the prize getting closer.

I think it says more of an athlete how he behaves in dire circumstances than how he behaves when everything is working out too well.
Alonso never gave up, and he collected valuable points; even if he had not won those races, he still would have finished second .. and not just by driving around

You are right in what you say, but Alonso still had to be there to win it in the end; it was not a gift.

#6112 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:38

Massa, Button, Frentzen and Rubens (while at Ferrari) have shown that, while on the same car, they could not produce the same results as their teammate.
"To finish first, you first have to finish."
Alonso was there to pick up the pieces ... but he had to be there.
Hamilton disappointed me towards the end; Alonso actually came alive as he saw the prize getting closer.

I think it says more of an athlete how he behaves in dire circumstances than how he behaves when everything is working out too well.
Alonso never gave up, and he collected valuable points; even if he had not won those races, he still would have finished second .. and not just by driving around

You are right in what you say, but Alonso still had to be there to win it in the end; it was not a gift.

Can't argue with that.

Interesting you point out, "it says more about an athlete how they behave in dire circumstances". I feel it would suggest Vettel did a good job as well, as he performed brilliantly in the end when, pretty much the slightest hickup would have written him off, even with the Korean let down, he never gave up either, seemed like as pressure increased, he performed better, counter that with Webber's end of the season, talk about disappointing towards the end, he completely folded. Great stuff from the top guns if you ask me. Yea, Hamilton sort of folded near the end there, but he did show up in the title showdown in Abu Dhabi.

#6113 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:03

Indeed, fantastic desktop picture!

What does it say? Alonso is Ferrari!
Even more scarlet red than Schumacher´s helmet ever was.

Less of a legend to honest. Not that it can't or won't happen.

But I agree that red suites him.

#6114 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 20:18

The good sport that is Fernando Alonso has not congratulated Vettel yet. It is not as if he hadn´t had a chance. Tells something about the person.

#6115 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 20:44

The good sport that is Fernando Alonso has not congratulated Vettel yet. It is not as if he hadn´t had a chance. Tells something about the person.

He hasn't congratulated me too. I'm getting married.

#6116 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 20:44

Haha, how they test it? That'd be an interesting test to watch, The engineer comes and smacks them in the head while they're reading the monitor! lol not many more annoying things than getting smacked in the helmet! lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :up:

so then we just might have to test your avatar-helmet too, smack you on the head a little bit? Whose helmet is it anyway - Fisichella´s?

#6117 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 20:48

(look at the minute 00:50)

"I congratulate Red Bull and Sebastian.Next year we will try again"

#6118 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 20:57

:lol: :lol: :lol: :up:

so then we just might have to test your avatar-helmet too, smack you on the head a little bit? Whose helmet is it anyway - Fisichella´s?

Haha! It's my helmet when I used to wear one :) Yea, it does look a bit like Fisico's more like Fisico's when he used to do Karting, but it was contemporary to Fisichella, so, it's not modelled after his :) The choice of colors, however, were meant to represent Senna, the yellow, in the middle, then the green line, and how the lines are outlined if you look up close :)

LOL this helmet in particular I only wore once, it was brand new and recently painted and I flipped testing doing a bit over 100MPH in a go-kart, notice the black marks on the side of it, that's where the rear tire hit my head. You can't see the right side, and you don't want to, the helmet cracked when my head hit the asphalt, I only remember parts of the accident which I have been putting toghether with bits and pieces of stories that people tell me, because I was knocked unconscious, obviously, it wasn't a pretty site! LOL fun times!!! :drunk:

Edited by Birelman, 21 November 2010 - 20:59.

#6119 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:00

I read in the AMUS that Alonso knew that they were making wrong decision in terms of the strategy when they were only focusing on Webber and the Spaniard warned the team not to pit, but the team insisted on that. Andrea Stella said after the race that Fernando has deserved better support than the one they have given the two-timed world champion.
If that's true (AMUS is held a reliable source) then Alonso has really something magic and it proves that he's the best driver out there.
Okay, he is not the best one as a human, Button or Vettel are more friendlier. It's also true Vettel and Hamilton has the same speed as Fernando, but overall he is the most complex driver out - fantastic speed, huge motivation, fantastic tester, fantastic ability to controll a whole team and fantastic ability to manage a race situation.

Advertisement

#6120 UreaBorealis

UreaBorealis

• 1,924 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:01

http://au.sports.yah...ls-alonso-snub/

"He still has not congratulated me," revealed Vettel, when asked if the Spaniard had contacted him, but said the last week has felt like a dream.

Same news was published by MTV3 ( http://www.mtv3.fi/u...2010/11/1228546 ) and I guess that is what Konsta is refering to.

So - he has congratulated Vettel in an interview but if the above is true, hasn't said anything to him face to face.

#6121 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:05

http://au.sports.yah...ls-alonso-snub/

Same news was published by MTV3 ( http://www.mtv3.fi/u...2010/11/1228546 ) and I guess that is what Konsta is refering to.

So - he has congratulated Vettel in an interview but if the above is true, hasn't said anything to him face to face.

Pre-effing-cisely so. It is not as if Freddie could not get Seb´s mobile number if he wanted.

#6122 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:05

I read in the AMUS that Alonso knew that they were making wrong decision in terms of the strategy when they were only focusing on Webber and the Spaniard warned the team not to pit, but the team insisted on that. Andrea Stella said after the race that Fernando has deserved better support than the one they have given the two-timed world champion.
If that's true (AMUS is held a reliable source) then Alonso has really something magic and it proves that he's the best driver out there.
Okay, he is not the best one as a human, Button or Vettel are more friendlier. It's also true Vettel and Hamilton has the same speed as Fernando, but overall he is the most complex driver out - fantastic speed, huge motivation, fantastic tester, fantastic ability to controll a whole team and fantastic ability to manage a race situation.

That's more sense in one phrase than I've seen most people make in this forum! :up: :up:

#6123 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:07

Pre-effing-cisely so. It is not as if Freddie could not get Seb´s mobile number if he wanted.

Is Seb even old enough to have a celphone? :drunk:

#6124 UreaBorealis

UreaBorealis

• 1,924 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:08

BalazsF1:

This suggests exactly the opposite - http://www.thescuder...in-pit-messages

Original source being Corriere della Sera - which I can't say anything about on reliability nor can check the original story as I don't understand Italian. Maybe someone who does could verify?

Edited by UreaBorealis, 21 November 2010 - 21:10.

#6125 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:17

Good post. My opinion on this season is that we had 3 drivers doing a great job - Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton - but none of them did a perfect job. In the end their performances were very alike and it was mostly car/bit of luck that decided the championship between them.

:rotfl: LOL, Vettel having 3 mechanical failures is certainly what helped him win the title! :rolleyes:

#6126 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 21:19

It's also true Vettel and Hamilton has the same speed as Fernando, but overall he is the most complex driver out - fantastic speed, huge motivation, fantastic tester, fantastic ability to controll a whole team and fantastic ability to manage a race situation.

Yes we all saw his fantastic abilities, well rather the lack of abilities, one week ago! :lol:

#6127 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 22:10

I'm getting married.

Congrats mate: have an awesome day :up:

#6128 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 22:12

Yes we all saw his fantastic abilities, well rather the lack of abilities, one week ago! :lol:

Such posts reveal the writer doesn't know too much about Formula-1.
Anyway, I didn't say Alonso is a hero. He couldn't overtake Petrov, but it was also the case by Lewis Hamilton. On top of that McLaren's F-duct was a lot better than Ferrari's. It was nearly impossible to overtake a Renault which seemed to have the most efficient F-duct in the entire field. I don't want to search for excuses for Alonso. I think what he did in the second half of the championship was really impressing: wins in Monza and Singapure with not the best car and a lot of podium while Red Bull's speed was incredible.

Another thing: I like hearing Ferrari are supporting Alonso. Yeah, perhaps they do. Why? They believe in Alonso. To be honest if I were a team principal and I had Alonso, Hamilton or Schumacher in my team I would support them as much as I could because these three (or also Vettel) are the most talented driver. Fernando is the best, of course. It's not only an opinion of mine, it's based on what you can see when you turn your TV on on race weekends. I don't really care what Alonso does in his free time, I don't really care how he behaves, I only focus what he and other drivers do on the race track.

#6129 kanishkl

kanishkl

• 43 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:44

Actually Horner said on the BBC post-race that Alonso was amongst the first to come over to the Pit Garage and congratulate them.

#6130 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:39

Actually Horner said on the BBC post-race that Alonso was amongst the first to come over to the Pit Garage and congratulate them.

That is just fine. It is odd however that he hasn´t congratulated SV even if he has RBR.

#6131 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:40

:rotfl: LOL, Vettel having 3 mechanical failures is certainly what helped him win the title! :rolleyes:

Vettel had faster car then Alonso/Hamilton... or are you to deny that Vettel did around same amount of mistakes as Alonso and Hamilton?

#6132 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,580 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:48

That is just fine. It is odd however that he hasn´t congratulated SV even if he has RBR.

How can you possibly think you know what Alonso has or hasn't said to Vettel? Are you stalking him, keeping within earshot whenever he opens his mouth? No? Then let it go ffs, you have no idea what discussions the two of them may or may not have had.

#6133 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:51

How can you possibly think you know what Alonso has or hasn't said to Vettel? Are you stalking him, keeping within earshot whenever he opens his mouth? No? Then let it go ffs, you have no idea what discussions the two of them may or may not have had.

Did you not read the links UB posted? If Vettel himself tells that FA has not congratulated him then who am I to question that?

#6134 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,215 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:49

I have read that AMUS article and I very much doubt the reliability of that info. If that happened that way, how come that part of the conversation cannot be found anywhere in what Corriere della Sera published about the communication between the team and Alonso? Corriere della Sera quotes the actual conversation, while AMUS cites "unnamed sources" telling how great Alonso always is in strategical decisions and he told the team it was a mistake bla-bla-bla. To me the whole part of the article sounded like something made up by a fanboy trying to make excuses for Alonso. And as I said, the journalist did not name his source for his claim. He just said pitlane insiders and all that kind of vauge things. Who was the source of this info? Alonso's manager? Alonso's father? Corriera della Sera posted the actual conversation. Sounds more credible to me.

Edited by Galko877, 22 November 2010 - 09:53.

#6135 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:50

I have read that AMUS article and I very much doubt the reliability of that info. If that happened that way, how come that part of the conversation cannot be found anywhere in what Corriere della Sera published about the communication between the team and Alonso? Corriere della Sera quotes the actual conversation, while AMUS cites "unnamed sources" telling how great Alonso always is in strategical decisions and he told the team it was a mistake bla-bla-bla. To me the whole part of the article sounded like something made up by a fanboy trying to make excuses for Alonso. And as I said, the journalist did not name his source for his claim. He just said pitlane insiders and all that kind of vauge things. Who was the source of this info? Alonso's manager? Alonso's father? Corriera della Sera posted the actual conversation. Sounds more credible to me.

It's just what or who you want to believe. We know nothing and only Ferrari knows what really happened. Corriera della Sera posted just a 'part' of the whole conversation, it's not like that they posted everything that has been said. We have talked about this way too much and I just hope Ferrari have learned from their mistake and make sure it won't happen again. A mistake like that is unforgettable and unforgivable, although from the outside it's hard to judge. As I said, Ferrari are the only ones who can take conclusions because they are the only ones who know exactly what went on that day.

#6136 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,580 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 15:34

Did you not read the links UB posted? If Vettel himself tells that FA has not congratulated him then who am I to question that?

I guess had missed UB's post. :)

#6137 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,421 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 17:12

Really weird coming from the guy that went to McLaren garage to congratulate Lewis after winning his WDC. I can understand that he was sad after the race or whatever but he could text him or say something the past week while they were testing pirelli tyres.

#6138 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 17:17

Haha! It's my helmet when I used to wear one :) Yea, it does look a bit like Fisico's more like Fisico's when he used to do Karting, but it was contemporary to Fisichella, so, it's not modelled after his :) The choice of colors, however, were meant to represent Senna, the yellow, in the middle, then the green line, and how the lines are outlined if you look up close :)

LOL this helmet in particular I only wore once, it was brand new and recently painted and I flipped testing doing a bit over 100MPH in a go-kart, notice the black marks on the side of it, that's where the rear tire hit my head. You can't see the right side, and you don't want to, the helmet cracked when my head hit the asphalt, I only remember parts of the accident which I have been putting toghether with bits and pieces of stories that people tell me, because I was knocked unconscious, obviously, it wasn't a pretty site! LOL fun times!!! :drunk:

Happy to hear the story of the helmet, it was puzzling me for a long time! And I am glad your survived - pretty nasty from the sounds of it.

Yes, when hinted, one can clearly see the Senna design incorporated, with Fisichella type colors (brighter than the Senna colors). A beautiful helmet, and now we know the story of the black marks at the side.
:up:

#6139 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 17:24

Really weird coming from the guy that went to McLaren garage to congratulate Lewis after winning his WDC. I can understand that he was sad after the race or whatever but he could text him or say something the past week while they were testing pirelli tyres.

I think to Fernando the title was already his, so why congratulate someone on winning his title, that the team lost him? Of course, he would do better being politically correct, but that´s as sincere as Alonso is and that´s what is often held against him.

Alonso said on the radio "we are making a mistake" and repeated this twice, but the Ferrari pits wall called him in nonetheless.

I think for next year Fernando will have to exert his authority on the team even more thoroughly, they ought to listen to him, why put such a star driver - the most complete package since Senna and Schumacher - under contract and then not listen to him....

Advertisement

#6140 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 17:26

Corriere della Sera might have certain allegiances with Ferrari, mind you. Decades of mutual history...

Also, for the same reason, the sources remain unnamed - not good to make Ferrari your enemy.

#6141 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:00

I think to Fernando the title was already his, so why congratulate someone on winning his title, that the team lost him? Of course, he would do better being politically correct, but that´s as sincere as Alonso is and that´s what is often held against him.

Nice try at spinning.

Alonso said on the radio "we are making a mistake" and repeated this twice, but the Ferrari pits wall called him in nonetheless.

Until links are provided, it's not very believable.

#6142 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,819 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:19

the helmet cracked when my head hit the asphalt

explains some of your posts. ;)

#6143 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:24

What's sincere about refusing to congratulate someone because you're unhappy that your team letting you down contributed to that person winning?

Why would being sporting and congratulating the better team/driver combo over the season for their achievement be merely politically correct?

I don't think you're correct on your assumptions about alonso but they are pretty low assumptions for a fan of his to hold.

#6144 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:26

I've not idea what happened in Abu Dhabi but there are differences in the two scenarios, alonso wasn't in the fight then and also his history with hamilton may have made him want to go and congratulate him (perverse as that may seem!).

#6145 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:41

Maybe FA just doesnt rate him as a driver or as a person... FA is a pretty "no bullshit" kind of guy who does not buy into hype or political correctness.... with FA the simpliest explanation is probably closest to the truth... if this this story is true.

FA is also MW's mate and I'm sure MW has some interesting stories to tell.

Edited by jjcale, 22 November 2010 - 19:45.

#6146 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,226 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:43

He did, you just need to rewind and throw some light over your hater world to notice.

#6147 JustinCider

JustinCider

• 836 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 19:56

It's just what or who you want to believe. We know nothing and only Ferrari knows what really happened. Corriera della Sera posted just a 'part' of the whole conversation, it's not like that they posted everything that has been said. We have talked about this way too much and I just hope Ferrari have learned from their mistake and make sure it won't happen again. A mistake like that is unforgettable and unforgivable, although from the outside it's hard to judge. As I said, Ferrari are the only ones who can take conclusions because they are the only ones who know exactly what went on that day.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Alonso also played a complicit part in the WDC showdown. I'd bet that everyone of Alonso's great results post Silverstone where in your opinion down to his driving brilliance, but the minute he failed it's Ferrari who should carry the can.

Alonso is a great driver, and i hope he continues for many more seasons as along with a select few drivers he makes races interesting. If he would readjust his attitude i would be an undoubted fan, but i'm not at the moment for well documented reasons.

#6148 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 20:43

He did, you just need to rewind and throw some light over your hater world to notice.

Apparently Seb missed it then, right. I definitely do not hate Alonso, I just found it totally classless when he threw a tantrum and now when he hasn´t had time or sumthin to congratulate.

#6149 bsoares

bsoares

• 75 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 21:16

The team lost him?? :D
What about the multiple mistakes he made during the season??

I think for next year Fernando will have to exert his authority on the team even more thoroughly, they ought to listen to him, why put such a star driver - the most complete package since Senna and Schumacher - under contract and then not listen to him....

We have only the report from AMuS stating that he told the team that they were doing a mistake. Strange that none of the spanish media (or any other media for that matter) has picked up on that, no??

Edited by bsoares, 22 November 2010 - 21:18.

#6150 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,226 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 23:07

Apparently Seb missed it then, right. I definitely do not hate Alonso, I just found it totally classless when he threw a tantrum and now when he hasn´t had time or sumthin to congratulate.

apparently you listen to what you like, because i have heard fernando congratulate both in spanish and english. on tv and he also went to rbs garage.

otoh complaining for 3 secs is not a tantrum when you have just lost the championship. he didnt show the middle finger like some haters pretend he just raised his hands and asked why he was defending like crazy when he hadnt been so brave anywhere before. you can make the mountain as big as you want i'd just like to see these armchair experts behave when they drive every day.

fernando was the best driver by far in the 2nd half winning races where it looked impossible and fighting a much superior car so all my credit goes to him, never gave up and only a wrong strategy call stopped his huge and awesome effort. if he can do that from a lower level i cant imagine if he had the same weapons.