Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#6201 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 14:58

Schumacher beat Alonso to the title this year, with out him, Fred would have won it in ABU

Advertisement

#6202 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 18:19

I can compare a hypocritical post that moans about people having issues with Alonso over his post race behaviour, and in the same breath going onto the Lewis Twitter thread and sticking the boot in because Lewis wrote one sentence they didn't agree with.

I see you're referring to my post and calling me a hypocrite. All I did, was point out that, in fact, Fred did congratulate Seb very publically, despite all the bs being spewed in this thread. So why don't you go over to the Lewis/ swearing thread and quote me where I'm sticking the boot into him? Go ahead. Trouble is you won't be able to because I haven't done any such thing. So I wonder who the hypocrite really is?

And, frankly, I don't see what connection could possibly exist between either topic, except in the minds of rabid, wanking fanboys. Why connect anything about Alonso to everything about Hamilton? It's pathetic the infantile level this bb has descended to. :down:

#6203 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,528 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 19:40

I see you're referring to my post and calling me a hypocrite. All I did, was point out that, in fact, Fred did congratulate Seb very publically, despite all the bs being spewed in this thread. So why don't you go over to the Lewis/ swearing thread and quote me where I'm sticking the boot into him? Go ahead. Trouble is you won't be able to because I haven't done any such thing. So I wonder who the hypocrite really is?

And, frankly, I don't see what connection could possibly exist between either topic, except in the minds of rabid, wanking fanboys. Why connect anything about Alonso to everything about Hamilton? It's pathetic the infantile level this bb has descended to. :down:

Pump your brakes son. Look back at post #6202.

#6204 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,456 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 19:57

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. See below.

Pump your brakes son. Look back at post #6202.

Exactly I was agreeing with you in post #6202. I thought your were on the same plane as me pointing out how much bs is being flung around. My next comparison was a general observation not aimed at you.

I might check out the lewis twitter thread out of interest now.

Edited by tifosiMac, 25 November 2010 - 19:59.

#6205 Nesto

Nesto

• 94 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 20:10

Formula1.com - Fernando Alonso's 2010 - a fine fight back frustrated

http://www.formula1....0/11/11567.html

#6206 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 22:01

I like this quote from Fernando: "When you are doing well and having success for whatever reason, people don't like you too much. When you are P18 in every race, you are such a nice man! So, hopefully I am a very bad man in the future as well ..." :cool:

#6207 Nesto

Nesto

• 94 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 00:16

I like this quote from Fernando: "When you are doing well and having success for whatever reason, people don't like you too much. When you are P18 in every race, you are such a nice man! So, hopefully I am a very bad man in the future as well ..." :cool:

where did he say this ? Given the proper car, he is a very bad man ;]

#6208 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:47

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. See below.

Exactly I was agreeing with you in post #6202. I thought your were on the same plane as me pointing out how much bs is being flung around. My next comparison was a general observation not aimed at you.

I might check out the lewis twitter thread out of interest now.

Ah! What a dumbass I can be sometimes! Apologies all round. :blush: I will have my girlfriend flog me extra hard this weekend.  ;)

#6209 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:54

Ah! What a dumbass I can be sometimes! Apologies all round. :blush: I will have my girlfriend flog me extra hard this weekend.  ;)

No problem at all mon amis. We all do it from time to time.. Get things wrong I mean and ask of wives/girlfriends to give us a good flogging. :)

#6210 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,332 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:27

Autosport have a fantastic interview with Fernando this week

#6211 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,947 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:48

I've deleted some posts as the thread topic is Fernando Alonso, not "what Fernando Alonso's fans did on Facebook". Please stay on topic.

Thanks very much

#6212 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,528 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:02

Max?

That user name and extra hard flogging.

No doubt about it.

#6213 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,171 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:22

curious as to what drivers do during the off season , i wonder if they spend time at the factoery working in the sim, finding out how the new car is coming along or they basically just show up for testing.

#6214 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:28

curious as to what drivers do during the off season , i wonder if they spend time at the factoery working in the sim, finding out how the new car is coming along or they basically just show up for testing.

Go on vacation?

#6215 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,171 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:17

Go on vacation?

:lol: they do that all year, i want them to work , at least during the winter

#6216 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 20:08

Max?

That user name and extra hard flogging.

No doubt about it.

:lol: Curses, I've been found out again!

#6217 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 22:32

Posted Image

#6218 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:34

Posted Image

Is it a real pic?

#6219 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:38

Is it a real pic?

Yes :)

http://www.marca.com...mp;t=1290937069

Advertisement

#6220 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:42

Posted Image

#6221 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:05

I can´t believe it. What a shame. ): ):

#6222 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,811 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:13

What is a shame? Inform me please.

#6223 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:21

Why? :lol:

#6224 matasiete

matasiete

• 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:50

What is a shame? Inform me please.

Not sure, but could be because Fernando is fan of Real Madrid. He is saying he want´s Real Madrid to win the Barca-Madrid next monday.

#6225 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:06

Why? :lol:

To tell the truth, I thought about that f** award for some time, but I believed that FA would reject it.

I can not believe that FA accept an award from Marca. With all the damage that they gave him during his career. I can not believe. It would be a long story and I do not want myself forced to spend money on lawyers but .... what a disgrace!

The first interview after Abu Dhabi's race in Marca newspaper .. I can not believe it.

Besides, it is a significant tactical error by FA. For sure, "uncle" Joserra's breakfast must have been fun.

): ): ):

#6226 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:11

Not sure, but could be because Fernando is fan of Real Madrid. He is saying he want´s Real Madrid to win the Barca-Madrid next monday.

Not really. Although that one, was also another FA's tactical error committed some time ago.

-------------

Today:

http://img.mobypictu...ce5f2b_view.jpg

Edited by jetalt, 28 November 2010 - 11:28.

#6227 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,342 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:28

Besides, it is a significant tactical error by FA. For sure, "uncle" Joserra's breakfast must have been fun.

FA is going to be a special guest in "El partido de las 12" today, it's not a tactical error, it's a smart move.

#6228 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:37

http://eventi-online.../index_eng.html :clap: :up:

#6229 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:44

FA is going to be a special guest in "El partido de las 12" today, it's not a tactical error, it's a smart move.

I did not know that. So, he will be in all places except with De la Morena.

Interesting.

I think that more than a smart move it is a suicidal one. ):

#6230 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,811 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:50

Reading the Autosport interview on my dads laptop.

"Every morning I wake up, I look in the mirror and smile because I am part of this team. Ferrari is a way of life, a religion"

#6231 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,342 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:54

Interesting.

Why?, it's not good for him to be tied to one journalist/radio station/newspaper because that creates hates toward him in other journalist because they are jealous. The best thing for him is that he treat everyone equally.

#6232 e34

e34

• 718 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:37

Interesting.

For me, his night interviews at El Larguero were way more suicidal. F1-wise, De la Morena could not tell his arse from his elbow and was constantly looking for spicy soundbites. I remember interviews in which Alonso was almost forced to say something bad about Hamilton or McLaren. That hurt him in 2007, and gave the image abroad that Alonso was always bitching about in the press, when in reality he is probably one of the drivers who has less contact with the press.

IMO, this interview is probably the smartest one I have read from him. Balanced, fair about other drivers, without loaded questions that looks for a funny answer. If he stays this way in the future, he'll probably solve some of his PR problems. And the image of Alonso in this interview is as true as ever, so it is not, or it does not have to be, a question of becoming a PR robot in the hands of some corporate PR experts.

Alonso can remain as authentic, sincere or however he may want to consider his public persona, as he likes. I really like the way he tells things as they are, or as he sees them. What I found really painful were the soundbites that seemed targeted to please the prototypical forocoches/cani Alonso fanboy. I can perfectly imagine how the question about Vettel and how he did not congratulate him would have been approached by de la Morena, looking for controversy or for "funny", and usually offensive, remarks.

The further away Alonso is from the Motley Fools parade certain Spanish sport journalism has become, the better for him.

#6233 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:58

I haven't followed that for a long time... what happened with de la Morena?

Interesting to read in the interview that he changed his driving style with the supersofts and that gave him the good qualifying results in the second half of the year.

#6234 e34

e34

• 718 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 13:52

Some excerpts I translated:

You didn’t congratulate Vettel and see what happened…
I did congratulate him several times in every interview I gave at the end of the race at Abu Dhabi. I always said the same thing, as I do now here. I have not met him personally, and probably not every one of the 24 drivers will have congratulated him, but that is a question you are asked: Did Fernando congratulate you? In fact, he did not. And something that should be nothing but a side remark in an interview, suddenly hits the headlines around the world, because now with internet everything gets worldwide diffusion. And the same thing will happen with this interview: if I say something bad, it will probably be in the news tomorrow everywhere.

Do you take comfort in Paul Monaghan, your ex-engineer at Renault, who is now at Red Bull, saying that you were kicking RBR ass all year long with a worse car?
Not really. Sometimes they say something good about you, some times they say something bad, but neither good nor bad things get under your skin. We know there were races in which we were disadvantaged, mechanically, but the team knew how to react and develop good strategies that allowed us to be still in the chase at Abu Dhabi.
Then, the race there is the one everybody remembers, because it was the last one and it got the attention of the world. Now there are rumours that some heads are going to roll, or that lots of personnel changes are needed, but it should be remembered that that very people were the ones that allowed us to be fighting for the title at the last race of the season. We have to approach this in a calm way, we all want to improve but, in general terms, I believe that, thanks to Ferrari and to the fact that it is the best team, we were in conditions of mounting a proper challenge with resources that were, oftentimes, worse than our rivals’.

Did Fernando deserve this championship more than anybody else?
At the end of the day, the one who has more points is the one who deserves it the most. I believe Webber deserved it, he had a sizeable advantage during the whole year and he lost the leadership three races before the end, and eventually, he ended third in the ranking, so his season has been brilliant.
We also had our opportunities with our comeback, and it would have been a well deserved championship, somehow. And Vettel, who is actually the champion, does deserve it, because he has more points than we do, and he was always the fastest driver on the track. He managed to get 10 poles, and although he could not always finish off his weekends with a win, often for mechanical problems for which he is not to blame, the fact remains that at the end of the season, he won three of the last four races, and he could have won the four races, had it been not for the Korea engine failure, so he is a deserved champion.

Is it increasingly difficult to make magic in F1?
Making a difference is harder than ever, because teams are basically handcuffed in terms of imagination and creativity. Rear-wing has to be this high, wide and long, diffuser has to be this wide, tyres are the same for everybody, you do not get enough tyres for testing, there are no in season tests anymore… So you cannot make great improvements in the car. Even engine development is forbidden...
Truth is that restrictions are extreme; that may be necessary to reduce costs, I won’t say otherwise, but it is hard to make a difference as perhaps Ferrari did, back at the time when they could make the most of their greatness. Now there are more technical restrictions than we would like. For the driver, as we drive today, with cars as levelled as they are now, with so little room to make improvements, it is very hard to develop cars, to set a direction for car development.

#6235 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 14:15

Next week Alonso will be in Abu Dhabi for the official inauguration of Ferrari World and then he will be heading to Maranello. He will be testing in the simulator new parts and ideas.

Edited by showtime, 28 November 2010 - 14:16.

#6236 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 14:30

Did Fernando deserve this championship more than anybody else?
At the end of the day, the one who has more points is the one who deserves it the most. I believe Webber deserved it, he had a sizeable advantage during the whole year and he lost the leadership three races before the end, and eventually, he ended third in the ranking, so his season has been brilliant.
We also had our opportunities with our comeback, and it would have been a well deserved championship, somehow. And Vettel, who is actually the champion, does deserve it, because he has more points than we do, and he was always the fastest driver on the track. He managed to get 10 poles, and although he could not always finish off his weekends with a win, often for mechanical problems for which he is not to blame, the fact remains that at the end of the season, he won three of the last four races, and he could have won the four races, had it been not for the Korea engine failure, so he is a deserved champion.

That would never make the headlines. We will hear again and again on how Alonso never congratulated Vettel and never recognised him as a Champion. :rolleyes:

#6237 Korben82

Korben82

• 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:06

That would never make the headlines. We will hear again and again on how Alonso never congratulated Vettel and never recognised him as a Champion. :rolleyes:

It's much more comfortable having Alonso as the raving, sanguine Spaniard who gets the red mist when things don't go his own way, and then later is a sore loser and doesn't congratulate or recognize the greatness of his opponents. But that version of Alonso is much more entertaining (and sells more papers) than the real, balanced and thoughtful version you get when you read his interviews and not only the taglines.

#6238 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,171 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:09

It's much more comfortable having Alonso as the raving, sanguine Spaniard who gets the red mist when things don't go his own way, and then later is a sore loser and doesn't congratulate or recognize the greatness of his opponents. But that version of Alonso is much more entertaining (and sells more papers) than the real, balanced and thoughtful version you get when you read his interviews and not only the taglines.

To be honest that image of him is perceived mainly in Britain. Thank you tabloid readers.

People who hate him in Spain generally are FC Barcelona supporters or people against people who have success. I say FC Barcelona because Alonso has shown his clear support for Real Madrid and believe it or not that single fact can and has taken away a lot of fans from him. Because it gets political for them too...

Edited by Nitropower, 28 November 2010 - 15:12.

#6239 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:57

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisement

#6240 Der Pate

Der Pate

• 624 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:02

Those drivers of today look so ridicolous against the drivers of the old days.

#6241 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,012 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 17:52

Some excerpts I translated:

e34, I have copied your translation elsewhere (crediting you for it, of course!). I hope you don't mind, please let me know otherwise. :)

#6242 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 18:42

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

That suit could have broken in so many inconvenient ways :lol:

#6243 GPmaster

GPmaster

• 455 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 18:51

OMG, Fernando, you are definitely not looking in a suit. Nice video.

Edited by GPmaster, 28 November 2010 - 18:51.

#6244 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 20:08

Nah he looks good, I just don't like the design of that Ferrari suit.

Posted Image

#6245 Suntrek

Suntrek

• 1,779 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:22

Hey, you female?

If not - let us be the judge of that. :kiss:

#6246 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,342 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:54

18 min interview with Alonso, very interesting but in Spanish.

http://195.10.10.207...37900163ea2c743

Right click, save as.

Edited by kosmos, 29 November 2010 - 08:55.

#6247 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:12

A city to live: Tokyo :up:
A place to miss: An island in Australia :D
Favorite movie: Hannibal :eek:
Favorite Actress: Charlize Theron :smoking:
Favorite band: Red Hot Chili Peppers :clap:
Favorite food: Pizza  ;)
Sportsmen you admire: Gasol and Nadal :)

#6248 UPz

UPz

• 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 17:48

:up:

#6249 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 18:55

:up:

Good video :up:

#6250 AlainProstX

AlainProstX

• 306 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 21:02

To be honest that image of him is perceived mainly in Britain. Thank you tabloid readers.

People who hate him in Spain generally are FC Barcelona supporters or people against people who have success. I say FC Barcelona because Alonso has shown his clear support for Real Madrid and believe it or not that single fact can and has taken away a lot of fans from him. Because it gets political for them too...

Yeah but Alonso is no Madrid ultra. Its just his favorite team. He has mentioned it already alot of times, that his favourite player is Iniesta, a die hard Real Madrid Fan would have said something like Raul, Hierro, Casillas etc.
I know it doesn`t change match for the catalanes, but its somehow a unfair bias against him.

BTW: Real Madrid gets totally destroyed from Barcalona right now... Wonder if Alonso is in the stadium.

Edited by AlainProstX, 29 November 2010 - 21:03.