Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#6451 revmeister

revmeister

• 224 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 19:17

Warn them??? Threaten you mean?
The community is innocent and should have told them to sling their hook.

Where do you get such an attitude that says it's ok to harass someone and their family just because they have achieve some fame? How would you feel if a someone tried to take pictures of your wife to put on the internet?
Does privacy mean nothing to you. If not, go buy yourself a camera and join the paparazzi but don't expect much respect for your work. :down:

Advertisement

#6452 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 19:50

Where do you get such an attitude that says it's ok to harass someone and their family just because they have achieve some fame? How would you feel if a someone tried to take pictures of your wife to put on the internet?
Does privacy mean nothing to you. If not, go buy yourself a camera and join the paparazzi but don't expect much respect for your work. :down:

Of course and they are completely right wanting their privacy, but they took this to another level. They make it attractive for the pap to hunt them down. They should stop with that 'secret thingy' all the time, they have quite a history with the paparazzi (especially on holidays) I know Alonso is a jealous guardian of his private life, but he should take another approach, what they are doing right now is counter productive. Though I have to say Alonso seemed very calm and reasonable when he asked the photographers to be given some privacy at the airport, nothing wrong with that. Played it really smart too.

#6453 showtime

showtime

• 2,669 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 20:15

When did this thread become The Sun's material? Bashing Alonso for what he does or doesn't on his holidays seems a little bit obsessive to me. I don't like certain drivers but I couldn't care less about what they do on his private life. Thank God next week there will be real news to talk about.

#6454 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 1,254 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 20:53

When did this thread become The Sun's material? Bashing Alonso for what he does or doesn't on his holidays seems a little bit obsessive to me. I don't like certain drivers but I couldn't care less about what they do on his private life. Thank God next week there will be real news to talk about.

Post of the day ..

Frankly im with Alonso on this one .. FFS can the man have some privacy ?? Everyone needs their down time without some tosser flinging a camera in your face no matter how famous you are.

Apart from that i hope there is some decent news next week on the status of the team and its cars. I never have been a fan of the reds .. but i respect them as being dangerous in the chase for the championship. So good luck to them and may the best Driver/Team win.

Edited by MaxisOne, 03 January 2011 - 20:54.

#6455 robefc

robefc

• 8,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 20:55

Well yes the publications are part of it. Still, it's the most selfish people they attract, so as a group the paps still deserve to be scorned IMO, the ultimate takers.

Yeah fame suits some a lot more than others, for sure. Kimi, Princess Di, Fernando, not so much. Raquel too apparently :confused: . Sebi, Jense, Lewis for example are more comfortable with it. Though Lewis drew the line at being followed into the loo IIRC :lol: .

Really Fernando is going to have to think again about where he goes, now, anyway. Colorado for example, he'd have no problem...

I didn't mean the publications, I meant the people buying them! Our celebrity obsessed culture provides the demand for the photos the paps take.

I'm not sure Lewis is a good example after his complaints about the attention in the UK, although it would always be difficult for someone of his age achieving instant stardom. Weirdly he doesn't seem to have any issues since him and nicole got together but perhaps they're not that big a draw in the US.

I'm thinking more of people like George Clooney, who seems to just have a chat with the paps, they take a few pics and then leave them alone, and a couple of other celerbrities who have remarked that it is possible to avoid the publicity if you want by living as normally as possible, not going out with an enoutrage etc.

No idea how alonso handles it, nor how much influence the individual can have over it versus other factors. I suspect those that most fiercely guard their privacy may find it counter productive versus say coming to arrangement where they give them a few photos and a bit of time in exchange for being left alone.

None of the above is meant as a criticism of alonso.

Of course and they are completely right wanting their privacy, but they took this to another level. They make it attractive for the pap to hunt them down. They should stop with that 'secret thingy' all the time, they have quite a history with the paparazzi (especially on holidays) I know Alonso is a jealous guardian of his private life, but he should take another approach, what they are doing right now is counter productive. Though I have to say Alonso seemed very calm and reasonable when he asked the photographers to be given some privacy at the airport, nothing wrong with that. Played it really smart too.

My thoughts above seem quite similar to yours.

Edited by robefc, 03 January 2011 - 20:57.

#6456 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:15

What Alonso and his wife don't have the right to get away for a quiet vacation?

Let's put this into perspective.

They choose to a tiny place off the beaten track that has no major media outlets. Obviously word has got around and some local photographers are out to make a few bucks, but they havejust screwed it up for Porto Santo because who will ever go there after all this fuss? Alonso even takes the time to warn them that what they are doing is wrong for the community.

After all this Alonso's wife gets assaulted? Nice place.

This is the fault of whoever shot off their mouth about the identity of their guests.

Well the Rich and the Beautiful seem to have really big problems
they can live their luxery life because of the people who pay to see them
There are whole islands only for the quiet holidays of rich and famous/prominent people, there are expensive exclusive clubs, they could charter yachts etc. etc.
There are billions of people all over the world who never ever have gone on holidays who can never afford any vacations

Yes, the papparazzi seem to be a "pest" but, hey, it's the prize famous people have to pay for their stardom
nobody forced Alonso and other F1 drivers to do what they do, au contraire to the most of the people who never have the choice what they should/could do in their life.
This holidays will not be the best Alonso ever had, but nothing serious happend, next time he will be a bit more clever with his choice of his holiday resort

#6457 redbarron

redbarron

• 301 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 23:49

I don't know how anybody can stick up for people that pester / inter fear in peoples lives, famous or not famous. It would piss me off too if people were constantly taking photo's of me, and bugging me with questions. Just because famous people are famous, doesn't make it right that they can't have a holiday in peace. I feel sorry for Alonso that he can't holiday closer to home!

#6458 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,539 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 00:16

so now his wife breaks into homes because someone took a picture, come on how can some of you believe crap like that, unless she was nude or giving alonso a bl...... i find that hardly credible, the internet is full of pictures of her , some in skimpy skirts

how can some of you defend paparazzi, the guy is on a vacation , nothing to do with formula 1, he is entitled to his privacy. why should he have to respect them if they dont respect him and his privacy, these as...... should have been outlawed a long time ago, i am not surprised he has no tolerance for them and their crap

#6459 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 00:28

:rotfl:

What's next ?

The people of Porto Santo will burn down to ashes the Santander Branch in the Island ?

The Alonso's must be possesed... :eek:
somebody better call the Winchester Brothers, bcs it is... SUPERNATURAL. :p

Advertisement

#6460 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,136 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 00:34

The quote below is from Alonso after he was released from Mclaren so stop the nonsense.

“I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team, and people say a lot of things in the heat of the battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win.”

The quote below is from Alonso too:
"I never asked to be number one driver in any team in my career and that's coming from nowhere, and keeps repeating again from a minority," "But what I don't want to be, for sure, is number two, like it happened sometimes in 2007."
Difficult to know what went on, isn't it?

#6461 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:07

I don't know how anybody can stick up for people that pester / inter fear in peoples lives, famous or not famous. It would piss me off too if people were constantly taking photo's of me, and bugging me with questions. Just because famous people are famous, doesn't make it right that they can't have a holiday in peace. I feel sorry for Alonso that he can't holiday closer to home!

Famous people are famous because they want to be famous
Alonso could leave F1 , live somwhere as an average guy
and nobody would take care of him after a short time

#6462 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:36

The drama-less off-season is seriously affecting the mental health of some. Several pages to bitch and moan about nothing shows some serious lack of life.

Edited by fabr68, 04 January 2011 - 01:36.

#6463 robefc

robefc

• 8,100 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:48

"I never asked to be number one driver in any team in my career and that's coming from nowhere, and keeps repeating again from a minority," "But what I don't want to be, for sure, is number two, like it happened sometimes in 2007."

I've mentioned this elsewhere but mark hughes's book on hamilton had a lot of insight on 2007.

It's clear that they both felt the other was getting better treatment at certain times and also that mclaren's way of going racing conflicted with alonso's in certain ways, for example freedom of strategy and also things like alonso having to get a quicker q2 time than lewis to justify first choice of strategy for q3, not sure which of the early races it was, oz or malaysia I think but alonso wasn't happy about having to waste tyres to go out and beat lewis's time.

I don't thnk many people would argue that alonso felt he was coming into the team as the guy to win back the WDC for them and didn't expect as much competition as lewis provided..mclaren thought both these things too.

Him not being happy about having to 'win q2' to get optimal strategy for q3 and not being allowed past when he perceives himself as quicker (US 2007) show that he did feel he should be the number 1.

The thing is, as a hamilton fan, I can understand his point of view. That expectancy would become less justifiable as the season went on and hamilton proved he was on a par with alonso pace wise but if you view yourself as the team's main WDC hope andt the quicker driver then you don't want to be messing about having to prove yourself in q2 or risking hitting your teammate to get past.

Equally you can see macca's point of view of allowing both driver's to race and also their jubliation when hamilton proved to be so quick given he'd grown up with the team. As soon as lewis showed he was as quick as alonso they faced an impossible task keeping them both happy, both utterly convinced in their own minds they're the best and both equally paranoid, alonso because he was against the british driver in a british team that had 'raised him' and lewis because he wa the rookie to the double WDC who'd been brought into win the WDC for the team.

So what am I trying to say? I do think alonso expects number one treatment because he perceives himself as the best and doesn't want his or the team's championship hopes hindered by unnecessary in-fighting. For example with ferrari this year, his view (and the teams and many fans) is that massa being ahead of him in germany was simply down to circumstances and an incovenience that needed to be rectified...in his mind he was the guy who could win the championship for ferrari so why would they want to keep massa ahead? impeccable logic from a championship point of view...only problem is it conflicts with why the majority of fans went to the race in germany i.e. to see a genuine race...which is why we have all the issues with team orders. I suspect alonso felt exactly the same way in 2007, the crucial difference that lewis proved that he was on a par with alonso and as good a bet for he championship. I don't think this made sense in alonso's mind, just as someone being quicker in the same car would make sense in lewis's mind...hence paranoia. In fact you could arge alonso was a better bet for the championship because he had more experience and, if lewis was held back, he would probably have raced better. Lewis's mistakes at the end of the season seem to back up this theory but on ther other hand you could argue alonso threw it in the wall in Japan and it was the team's error in china plus the gearbox glitch that really cost hamilton. I think it was good for the sport that they didn't hold lewis back though, perhaps not for those that support a team and simply want to see their team do well but for those that want to see the best drivers up against each other the season could have been a snoozefest with alonso sailing to that title and maybe 2008 too with lewis not being at the front of the field at all.

Sorry for the long post!

#6464 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:39

What he did in Porto Santo is just another disgrace, but typical for the bad character he is. They should throw him off the island. The media has every right to take pictures in public palces. If he does not like it, he should quite driving F1 and the women should stop trying to sing.

#6465 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:54

Alonso never asked to be #1, but in Indianapolis 2007 he was swinging his car behind Lewis in the main straight trying to get P1 by pressing the pit to release team orders.

#6466 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,855 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:25

It begins.

http://motorsport.ne...-paparazzi.html

Waiting for the british tabloids to portrait Alonso as the son of satan.

It seems the credible 'British Tabloids' have not jumped on the bandwagon to have a dig about Alonso afterall. I think if anyone puts themselves in Fernando's position they will relate to how annoying this situation would be.

It might surprise some people around the globe but Fernando does have a fair amount of 'British' fans and not everyone lives up to the stereotype that is handed out.

#6467 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:06

Ah fair play to him, he wants to have a holiday with his wife, no problem, they should give some space to him

#6468 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 3,824 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:11

I heard Fernando and Raquel were seen clubbing baby seals on the beach! And after that tried to set fire to an elderly home!

I heard that they killed a baby panda and they enjoyed it too...

#6469 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:27

sounds like happy holidays.. imagine spending all the time on the beach in paranoia who watches you and whether they take pictures.. he'd having a better experience if he organized some public tshirt signing sessions for an hour and letting people take pictures with him... give an interview or three to journalist.. and then they'll all leave them in peace.

#6470 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 13:21

sounds like happy holidays.. imagine spending all the time on the beach in paranoia who watches you and whether they take pictures.. he'd having a better experience if he organized some public tshirt signing sessions for an hour and letting people take pictures with him... give an interview or three to journalist.. and then they'll all leave them in peace.

This, or he sells the rights for holiday fotos exlusively to some print magazine
than they bite away the other paps.

#6471 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 15:42

:lol: Sure, that's how it works. :drunk:

I suggest you try that method in case you ever visit a very poor region in a third-world country. Give the first three men who ask a bit of cash and then try to enjoy your peace. :)

Edited by as65p, 04 January 2011 - 15:42.

#6472 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:12

Along those lines, I think he played it very badly indeed. Going up to paps and threatening them is akin to sticking ones hand in a hornet's nest. In fact, had it been someone a mainstream celeb, say Lindsay Lohan for example who did that, she would have been labelled as a publicity seeking _ _ _ _ _.

It would have made far more sense for him to just go about his usual business, let them take their photos for a bit, talk freely and they would have left him well alone after a while. He's an F1 driver, not a Hollywood actor. F1 is a popular sport and sure it has a wide following, most fans being interested in the sport itself and a good many having a passing interest towards the off-track stories during the off season. Even the most ardent Alonso fan will have only so much interest in seeing a shirtless Alonso and bikini clad wife on the beach, provided they're not doing anything controversial, before moving onto far more interesting things. It's not the same as George Clooney and his latest squeeze cavorting on a beach where hundreds of millions of bored housewives are desperately waiting for the latest issue of Woman's Day magazine to come out revealing all the shots. Paps will spend days chasing those celebs around.

Case in point, the UK paps are renowned as one of the worst in the world. Yet Jenson and his far more attractive (IMO) Jessica get a few photos taken, a few questions asked and the paps move on to find someone that can bring them far more $$$$. The only time paps specifically target, focus and harass non-mainstream celebs is when they are renowned for doing something controversial enough to turn it into a good story. Alonso did just that this time. He's made himself far more interesting to the mainstream non-F1 watching public than would be usual for an F1 driver. Not all that different to Lewis with his hooning in Melbourne. That too was stupid, with a driver having a bit of fun with his colleagues in the back of a quick Merc, not even remotely considering the possibility that he could get caught by police for it. But this Alonso saga is a whole new twist, if even half of it is true, threatening paps, missus running into someone elses house..sounds like a Jerry Springer show. All he's guaranteed for himself is that he's a good bet for a juicy story and the paps will be far more willing to poke him with a stick if they don't get an immediate bite.

The F1 season can't start soon enough.

#6473 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,819 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:11

I watched the video, it really wasn't that big of a deal.

#6474 HPT

HPT

• 1,224 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:08

I do see what you're saying, and of course, I have no evidence other than anecdotal so I don't claim to be "right". But I don't agree that Kimi's reputation was so very wrong. It was never "proven not to be", because with that statement you are automatically assuming that it is proven fact that Massa is a poor driver. Kimi's reputation hasn't actually been tarnished all that much just due to his pairing and performance against Massa. Teams still want him, it's a question of price and also which team he is happy to drive for. If anything, prior to his accident, Massa's reputation had indeed gone up. Of course most still believed that Kimi was down on motivation, but most still acknowledged that Massa had also developed as a driver.

I didn't say Kimi's reputation was tarnished so badly that no teams wanted him. I'm saying that his previous reputation of being the quickest driver in F1 was proved to be false, and that even though a lot of pundits, commentators, etc. accepted that he was the quickest, we found out that he really wasn't.

I agree that a driver tends to be quicker when the car suits him and so on. My point simply being that Massa being down 1.1 sec, with no errors, on a track that other drivers, the press, most fans etc acknowledge as one that he is a specialist at and indeed one that is his home track, indicates that Felipe may actually be telling the truth when he talks about the tyres. My post is basically a refute of other posts claiming that Felipe is using tyres as an excuse. I'm simply saying that had the gap between him and Alonso been smaller at Interlagos, relative to other tracks, I would say yes Massa could be making excuses. But since it is opposite, I don't think it's fair claiming Massa is making up excuses.

That is the point I've been trying to make, my friend. Massa's reputation as an Interlagos specialist seems a little bit like Kimi's reputation as the quickest driver in F1 - both are generally accepted and believed, but neither actually deserved the claims. Massa, as I've stated previously, got his reputation from beating Kimi in the Ferrari, their cars which have always gone very well at the circuit. He only had one benchmark to measure against so it could be that Interlagos is Kimi's weak track as it could be Massa's strong track. I hope you get what I mean.

As an analogy, consider Nadal before his current amazing performances and when he used to excel mainly on clay courts. If suddenly he starts to perform poorly on most courts and says it's because he's got an injury, but still wins everything on clay, one could be forgiven thinking that the injury could be an excuse. However if he performs poorly on clay as well, there just might be some truth to his claim.

Your Nadal example if not comparable to Massa's. Nadal as a clay specialist has been proven to the point it's almost beyond any doubt. He has beaten so many players and not just at Roland Garros but in the Master Series tournaments like Madrid Open, etc. This is exactly the point I'm making about Massa; he has only beaten one driver at Interlagos. You cannot compare the two.

I don't think that in 2010 we saw the same Massa we've seen before. Aside from the rude way LdM said it was as if Massa's brother had turned up to drive, he's getting clear hints from the Ferrari camp that his seat is at risk if he doesn't improve his performance. Ferrari have no reason to expect him to improve his performance unless they know that he underperformed relative to himself this year.

No one will know for sure if last season's Massa was the same as before. I'm not disputing that he might have problems with the car nor claiming that he was beaten on raw pace alone. What I'm disputing is the claim that he is an Interlagos specialist. There simply isn't enough evidence for that.

Thank you for a civil and enjoyable discussion by the way! :-)

Same to you :)

#6475 KavB

KavB

• 1,149 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 17:03

Massa didn't merely beat one driver at Interlargos. He also beat around 20 other drivers. That's what happens when you win a race...

Back to Alonso, as this is his thread after all, although his 2010 season was great, I think he can do much better. It really was a missed opportunity for him as he could have won at least 2 more races if he didn't make mistakes. Judging by him form from the second half of the season, I think it's safe to say that he managed to find his 06 form again and that's why I think he's favourite for the title next year. I wanted Vettel to win last year so he can take the youngest WDC record, but now I want Alonso to be a triple WDC :D It's crazy to think he won his last title 5 years ago, I doubt anyone could have predicted that in 2006. He needs to make up for lost time :up:

#6476 HPT

HPT

• 1,224 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 18:19

Massa didn't merely beat one driver at Interlargos. He also beat around 20 other drivers. That's what happens when you win a race...

Then you've completely missed my point...

#6477 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:42

Rough translation:

'I am a member of the Ferrari team now and you know what that means? That means if anyone takes a photo of me, or my wife, they will wake up the next morning with a horse head in their bed. And if they take another photo of me after that, they sleep with the fishes. Understood? Good.'

Did I understand well or is this guy threatening to kill someone???

#6478 Nesto

Nesto

• 94 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:19

You should watch The Godfather movies (the first 2), they're pretty decent.

#6479 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,578 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:26

I watched the video, it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Yep. The way some here are going on about "threats" and "threatening" is a bit rich, hey?

Advertisement

#6480 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,855 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:38

Ah fair play to him, he wants to have a holiday with his wife, no problem, they should give some space to him

Indeed, but the press very rarely do this unfortunately. What Fernando said was hardly out of line IMO.

#6481 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:15

This :up:

#6482 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 3,824 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:48

I'm really enjoying Fernando at the moment, he's becoming more and more like a dastardly, pantomime villain, swarthy and scowling as he berates drivers who have the temerity not to let him past and photographers who have the barefaced cheek to take his picture. I hope things go badly for him next year so we get some more of the Machiavellian malcontent. It's very amusing...

#6483 showtime

showtime

• 2,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:49

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#6484 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,898 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:41

Indeed, but the press very rarely do this unfortunately. What Fernando said was hardly out of line IMO.

He did basically say that he would slander the place if they didnt stop. And when he did that, then everyone would think that Porto Santo was *and then he did the thumbs down*. Sounds like someone thinks a bit too highly of himself.

I dont see how the island or the hotel or the resort can control when people or photographers take their pictures. Seems like a pretty ridiculous request for something they have no power over. The photographers and journalists wont care anyway as they are just there working. So it was a threat - but a ridiculous one.

Edited by Desdirodeabike, 07 January 2011 - 11:42.

#6485 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 22:12

I'm really enjoying Fernando at the moment, he's becoming more and more like a dastardly, pantomime villain, swarthy and scowling as he berates drivers who have the temerity not to let him past and photographers who have the barefaced cheek to take his picture. I hope things go badly for him next year so we get some more of the Machiavellian malcontent. It's very amusing...

Amusing indeed. As amusing as to come here and see all the apologists working overtime.

#6486 Flamini

Flamini

• 849 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 17:01

"A challenge between us? I can’t say anything certain but perhaps at the end of the season, in December, there could be a surprise: on two wheels, four wheels or however many wheels that people would like.."

Well well well well... :smoking:

http://www.ferrari.c..._Who_knows.aspx

#6487 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,855 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 17:12

Amusing indeed. As amusing as to come here and see all the apologists working overtime.

Its funny you should say that.. Where are all the Alonso fans from the Lewis Hamilton thread??????? :lol:

#6488 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 17:14

That arrogant bastard Alonso. How dare he praise the fact that 5 world champions will line up, and that they all will be strong. How dare he say hopefullt Massa will be a factor to consider. How dare he say Vettel will be calmer, faster and a force to be reckoned with. :wave:

#6489 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,136 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 21:17

That arrogant bastard Alonso. How dare he praise the fact that 5 world champions will line up, and that they all will be strong. How dare he say hopefullt Massa will be a factor to consider. How dare he say Vettel will be calmer, faster and a force to be reckoned with. :wave:

And even worse than that - how does he dare to praise Schumacher! What has that guy done to ever deserve any praise or being reckoned a force in an F1 grid? :p

Seriously, I haven't looked around this forum, but in a certain other one people were criticising Alonso for stating the following:
"There will be five world champions on the track and the most dangerous champion for me is always Michael."
"He is seven-times champion. He has nothing to prove. He had a difficult season but he is still a champion.
"He is still super class and if the car is right he will be a contender."

Apparently this is not a (well deserved) praise for Schumacher, but some evil attempt by Alonso to do something bad. :drunk:

Edited by Fontainebleau, 13 January 2011 - 21:17.

#6490 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • Paddock Club Host

• 4,554 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 21:30

It begins.

http://motorsport.ne...-paparazzi.html

Waiting for the british tabloids to portrait Alonso as the son of satan.

I hope you haven't been holding your breath.

And even worse than that - how does he dare to praise Schumacher! What has that guy done to ever deserve any praise or being reckoned a force in an F1 grid? :p

Seriously, I haven't looked around this forum, but in a certain other one people were criticising Alonso for stating the following:
"There will be five world champions on the track and the most dangerous champion for me is always Michael."
"He is seven-times champion. He has nothing to prove. He had a difficult season but he is still a champion.
"He is still super class and if the car is right he will be a contender."

Apparently this is not a (well deserved) praise for Schumacher, but some evil attempt by Alonso to do something bad. :drunk:

I haven't seen any criticism on this forum either, nor do I see any cause for criticism. What is said on other forums isn't relevant on this one.

#6491 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 22:09

Its funny you should say that.. Where are all the Alonso fans from the Lewis Hamilton thread??????? :lol:

Mostly not bothering I'd say - even to the extent that a Hamilton fan like you has to jump in in defense of Alonso :eek:

;)

#6492 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,594 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 00:10

Well I'm back after taking a break since 11th of July (last post and live race) due to some inexcusable balls up by rule enforcers in F1.
Just checked out the DVD review I got at Christmas and looks like Alonso made a great comeback (the engines held out despite all the claims) but lost out just at the end, the cheater did not win so it could of been a lot worse result. 2nd in the championship in the 3rd best car, the old Alonso we love and others fear :) :up:

Quick look around and it seems all I missed over the winter "love in" period is Alonso in a Dave Grohl costume calmly asked reporters to leave him alone and enjoy a holiday which got blown out of proportion as usual. Is that it?
F11 launch at the end of the month ofcourse.

#6493 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,855 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:26

Mostly not bothering I'd say - even to the extent that a Hamilton fan like you has to jump in in defense of Alonso :eek:

;)

I quite admire Alonso's abilities and will defend him if I feel its right, what wrong with that? Its better than being so one sided and only ever contributing to threads of drivers you don't like isn't it? :)

#6494 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:39

I quite admire Alonso's abilities and will defend him if I feel its right, what wrong with that? Its better than being so one sided and only ever contributing to threads of drivers you don't like isn't it? :)

I didn't imply there's anything wrong with your approach, far from it. And as you can see, I'm here in the Alonso thread as well. Just have to improve my sensibilty, I guess, so that I can get worked up about each and every negative post re: Alonso, like some Hamilton supporters manage so effectively with their man...

:D

#6495 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,855 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:51

I didn't imply there's anything wrong with your approach, far from it. And as you can see, I'm here in the Alonso thread as well. Just have to improve my sensibilty, I guess, so that I can get worked up about each and every negative post re: Alonso, like some Hamilton supporters manage so effectively with their man...

I quite agree. As the phrase goes "Don't feed the trolls", but I must admit I do find it hard to ignore which maybe a fault I have. :|

#6496 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,852 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:34

:up:

#6497 jetalt

jetalt

• 497 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 16:50

FA's helmet:

http://a.yfrog.com/i...6/3567/991k.jpg

#6498 showtime

showtime

• 2,669 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 17:27

FA's helmet:

http://a.yfrog.com/i...6/3567/991k.jpg

No changes right? The blue looks a bit darker but it could be the lights.

#6499 ARENA

ARENA

• 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 17:52

There is small change.
2010:
Posted Image
Now:
Posted Image

Edited by ARENA, 14 January 2011 - 18:16.

Advertisement

#6500 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 18:14

Here is a picture with better quality:
http://cache.daylife...6mgDB/1000x.jpg

I always have liked all Alonso's helmets :)