Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#6801 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,552 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 21:15

thats indeed the strong point of alonso. his predecessor only used to travel into pubs and bars. :rotfl:

Yet alonso failed to deliver in his first year with ferrari with all his dedication,yet the " pubs & bars predecesser" won the 2007 wdc :rotfl:

Advertisement

#6802 Bison

Bison

• 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 21:21

stfu about 2007 you dullards

#6803 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 21:33

exactly my thoughts :)

#6804 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,552 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 21:47

Im sorry i didnt know you were the thought police?
Try making a counter argument instead of attacking the poster and not the post

#6805 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 22:33

You make a number of good points all of whch I agree with

You mean points that suit your agenda, too..? :rotfl:

#6806 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,162 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 23:10

Will this thread go back over and over to 2007 every time a Hamilton fan kicks in? It's so damn boring by now...

#6807 speng

speng

• 1,164 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 23:15

You mean points that suit your agenda, too..? :rotfl:

Agenda? I call it like I see it. I suggest you present a strong, logical and sensible counter (if you can) to the points I am in agreement with instead the weak lame responses you have given so far.

#6808 HPT

HPT

• 1,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:40

<br />I totally agree, Alonso should have been fired for his behavior and more than likely Hamilton would have won the WDC. Not firing Alonso was Ron Dennis a failure<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I agree. As an Alonso fan, I think his behavior in 07 left much to be desired. He did some really stupid things that year. But I've forgiven his behavior and have continued supporting him. I guess that's what fans do.

#6809 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 870 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:35

Yet alonso failed to deliver in his first year with ferrari with all his dedication,yet the " pubs & bars predecesser" won the 2007 wdc :rotfl:

Yet the pubs & bar predecessor got fired two seasons later :kiss:

#6810 kryziuotis

kryziuotis

• 122 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:00

Agenda? I call it like I see it. I suggest you present a strong, logical and sensible counter (if you can) to the points I am in agreement with instead the weak lame responses you have given so far.

Theres no point in presenting arguments, because they were already presented many times before. I can give you the list when and how McLaren favoured Hamilton, but such posters, who bring 2007 over and over again, perfectly know this themselves. They simply choose to ignore the facts so theres no point in arguing.

#6811 robefc

robefc

• 7,952 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:18

<br /><br /><br />

I agree. As an Alonso fan, I think his behavior in 07 left much to be desired. He did some really stupid things that year. But I've forgiven his behavior and have continued supporting him. I guess that's what fans do.

Hang on, as a hamilton fan I can also admit that he did some really stupid things that year and played his part in what transpired.

If I get a macca fan down here to admit some culpability on behalf of the team does that mean peace will break out across the forum and 2007 will be put to bed forever!?

#6812 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau

• 1,883 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:56

Hang on, as a hamilton fan I can also admit that he did some really stupid things that year and played his part in what transpired.

If I get a macca fan down here to admit some culpability on behalf of the team does that mean peace will break out across the forum and 2007 will be put to bed forever!?

I get the feeling that peace in the world is easier to achieve!  ;)

Why don't we get an specific 2007 thread where people can go and discuss it as much as they want? I am the first one to get involved in these discussions now and then, but I fully understand that most people simply want to move on and that for them it is very annoying to see any thread involving Alonso or/and Hamilton being eventually hijacked.

#6813 robefc

robefc

• 7,952 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:59

I get the feeling that peace in the world is easier to achieve! ;)

Why don't we get an specific 2007 thread where people can go and discuss it as much as they want? I am the first one to get involved in these discussions now and then, but I fully understand that most people simply want to move on and that for them it is very annoying to see any thread involving Alonso or/and Hamilton being eventually hijacked.

The stage is yours...the 'new topic' button awaits!

#6814 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 3,885 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:13

Sure you can say that, but is there any shred of evidence pointing towards that AT ALL? None. Zero. But there is evidence that Alonso is quicker than Massa. Dude, please just stop embarrassing yourself. Actually, it's already too late for that.

My assumption isn't at all crazy. Yours however... :rotfl:

Let´s leave up to other people to decide who´s being embarrased, mate. :wave:

My assumption works exactly like yours (playing around with driver shapes in different years to suit a fanboy agenda) but, if you didn´t notice, it´s a parody, and not a serious thought unlike yours. If you say it´s crazy, realize you´re striking your own.

You can think about that Hill-Villeneuve-Frentzen stuff and finally realize HOW stupid it is to ignore driver shapes changing. 2008 Massa is not 2010 Massa. You know it as good as everyone knows Alonso is better than Massa but not as much as 2010 showed.

#6815 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 13:00

My assumption works exactly like yours (playing around with driver shapes in different years to suit a fanboy agenda) but, if you didn´t notice, it´s a parody, and not a serious thought unlike yours. If you say it´s crazy, realize you´re striking your own.

You can think about that Hill-Villeneuve-Frentzen stuff and finally realize HOW stupid it is to ignore driver shapes changing. 2008 Massa is not 2010 Massa. You know it as good as everyone knows Alonso is better than Massa but not as much as 2010 showed.

I agree, the point difference between Massa and Alonso should have been much bigger. Alonso lost so many points in the beginning of the season with all those mistakes and penalty's, massa holding him up at some GP's, mechanical failure etc + him getting used to the car while Massa had 5 years experience with the team. Don't you think? Oh and the 2008 Ferrari isn't the same as the 2010 Ferrari.  ;)

Points differences are deceiving most of the time, I mean look at McLaren 07. :p

Edited by Smile17, 06 February 2011 - 13:05.

#6816 robefc

robefc

• 7,952 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 13:20

I agree, the point difference between Massa and Alonso should have been much bigger. Alonso lost so many points in the beginning of the season with all those mistakes and penalty's, massa holding him up at some GP's, mechanical failure etc + him getting used to the car while Massa had 5 years experience with the team. Don't you think? Oh and the 2008 Ferrari isn't the same as the 2010 Ferrari.;)

Points differences are deceiving most of the time, I mean look at McLaren 07. :p

1) Mistakes are pretty important in F1, I think massa made a few in 2010 too.
2) Wasn't there one debatable penalty? Which was hardly completely unfair now even if it was debatable.
3) Massa holding him up - I'm sorry, was there a racing driver in front of alonso that didn't get out of his way? How rude of him!
4) What mechanicl failures? the couple of points he lost in malaysia you mean? Massa had a shed load more bad luck than alonso last season I think.
5) If I'm not mistaken neither of them had driven that ferrari before the 2010 season.

None of which means I think alonso isn't better than massa but your quick list of alonso's issues seems pretty ill considered and very one sided to me.

Edited by robefc, 06 February 2011 - 13:22.

#6817 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau

• 1,883 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 13:29

The stage is yours...the 'new topic' button awaits!

I am too shy...  ;)

No, seriously: I don't want to give the impression that I am encouraging the 2007 discussion by starting a specific thread, I would prefer the people that moderate this forum to decide if they think it is a good idea. :)

But moving away from 2007 and into 2011, aren't we in for a great show? If only news about Kubica's serious situation turned out to be wrong (sadly it doesn't look that way :cry: )!

#6818 LeonKennedy

LeonKennedy

• 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 14:21

Really guys, make a 2007 topic and stop polluting all the other threads (Alonso, Alonso vs Massa, Hamilton...). I seriously doubt mods will close it.

#6819 robefc

robefc

• 7,952 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 15:13

Really guys, make a 2007 topic and stop polluting all the other threads (Alonso, Alonso vs Massa, Hamilton...). I seriously doubt mods will close it.

Happy? :)

On another note I think the biggest tragedy of 07 (I'm not going to talk about 07 this is about alonso and his legacy) is that fred was out of a top car for 2 years.

If he ends up say a 4xWDC with lewis and vettel say on 2-5 (I would have said kubica too but I'm just going to leave that for now) then frankly his legacy will probably be better than if he'd won in 07 and 08 and ended up on 6 or 7 but with little competition.

Great sports stars rae made by the level of competition, that's why schumi v hakkinen and alonso is so cool but who really cares if schumi got 7 titles when he was crushing the opposition in the ferrari from 2001-2004?.

Senna and Prost made each other and of course one of the reasons for lewis's impact was facing off against the current 2xWDC.

So the 2 years in renault apart I think what happened in 2007 is good in some respects for alonso...and certainly for F1.

Advertisement

#6820 HPT

HPT

• 1,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 18:40

Dude, dig back up my first reply to your post. I said I DO NOT agree that Alonso could have done any better than Massa in the F2007, but I understand why the poster made the comparison. Whether it's true or not is irrelevant. You're not even open to the idea that there is some form of relevance because it can be measured. Whether it is accurate or not, who knows, but the relevance is there to let others to that assumption.

And yet you harp on about the F2007 being at least equal to the MP4/22. Now THAT is stupid because you have no quantifiable way to measure it AT ALL. You based it on watching 4 different drivers driving 2 different cars, just because they achieve similar results do not make the cars equal. You totally discounted the abilities of the drivers. Seriously, don't make me laugh. Actually, I'm really wasting my time with you. You seem to judge performances - whether cars or drivers - based on nothing quantifiable.

And yes, you are embarrassing yourself, but of course you wouldn't realize it. I wouldn't expect you to ;)

#6821 Sukhoi

Sukhoi

• 272 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 18:48

Thanks nando ! :up: :up:

#6822 MrMonaco

MrMonaco

• 378 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 19:04

A big :up: Fernando for visiting your friend in hospital in such difficult moment. A true friendship it is :up:

#6823 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 19:06

A big :up: Fernando for visiting your friend in hospital in such difficult moment. A true friendship it is :up:

Yes, Fernando...he´s great...a real friend. :up:

He has shaved of the moushtachee :clap: shaved

Yes, I´m happy for that,and still respect Robert Kubica at this difficult time...I thinng about it every minute
so don´t pick on me .

Edited by Lotusseven, 06 February 2011 - 19:17.

#6824 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 19:41

Posted Image

Fernando at the hospital - he is there for his friend when it counts.

#6825 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:07

Don't worry, Alonso's facial hair period will soon be over, as he gets back to his more standard look á la F1angel..

By the way, Smile17, did you have a crystal ball when you made that prediction....?

#6826 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:16

Fernando :up: for being a TRUE FRIEND.

#6827 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,026 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:28

^^^^^^

He is a marmite racer, personally i think he is the best on the grid but love him or loathe him but he is clearly a top bloke.

#6828 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,228 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:32

If a friend of mine was in a similar situation (god forbid), I'd be at the hospital too.

Fernando isn't doing anything super human here, just being a good mate. :)

#6829 H0R

H0R

• 772 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:40

I am usually one of the first to rant and clamor over everything Alonso does, call him a miserable, second-rate son-of-a-bitch (add insults ad lib), but this is a nice gesture.,

Reminds one that the drivers are all quite normal chaps, who are prone to emotions like all of us. Well done, Fernando. :up:

#6830 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:42

If a friend of mine was in a similar situation (god forbid), I'd be at the hospital too.

Fernando isn't doing anything super human here, just being a good mate. :)

I don't mean this nasty, but not sure I would at this moment in time, as it'd be rather pointless, not going to be able to see robert for over a day and he'll probs he'll be so high on painkillers he'll be out of it. Theres not a lot that he is going to be able to do.

#6831 e34

e34

• 669 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:52

I don't mean this nasty, but not sure I would at this moment in time, as it'd be rather pointless, not going to be able to see robert for over a day and he'll probs he'll be so high on painkillers he'll be out of it. Theres not a lot that he is going to be able to do.

What about comforting Rob's family, show that he cares for a friend and be there when a fellow driver has had an horrible crash, something F1 drivers do not usually do, out of superstition, fear or whatever. Visiting, or even talking, beyond the usual "wish him well", about injured fellow drivers is a taboo for racing drivers.

I think here Alonso is visiting a friend. Something I am sure Rob and his family will appreciate. And the same thing goes for Briatore, btw.

#6832 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:54

What about comforting Rob's family, show that he cares for a friend and be there when a fellow driver has had an horrible crash, something F1 drivers do not usually do, out of superstition, fear or whatever. Visiting, or even talking, beyond the usual "wish him well", about injured fellow drivers is a taboo for racing drivers.

I think here Alonso is visiting a friend. Something I am sure Rob and his family will appreciate. And the same thing goes for Briatore, btw.

I'm not onabout F1 drivers or Alonso in particular, just the fact there is nothing he can do and I'm sure Robs (or any accidents) family will be comforting themselves.

#6833 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:01

Is that what you would do if your best friend is in surgery for what might be career ending injuries? My girlfriend once laid in a hospital for 7 weeks with life threatening injuries and i tried to be there every single day. The complete helplessness, unable to do anything for your loved one is an undescribable bad feeling. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

#6834 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:04

Is that what you would do if your best friend is in surgery for what might be career ending injuries? My girlfriend once laid in a hospital for 7 weeks with life threatening injuries and i tried to be there every single day. The complete helplessness, unable to do anything for your loved one is an undescribable bad feeling. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

At this moment in time if it was a good friend of mine, I'd be giving him family their space there, once he was out and out of emergeny I'd visit.

#6835 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:14

If he was my best friend id knew his entire family too, and know they also would feel supported if I came over immediatly. And if I was Robert id be happy to see my close friends.

Alonso jumped in a plane as soon as he heard and is now just sitting there doing nothing but wait to hear what is going on with Robert and perhaps visit him. For such a busy guy with endless schedules that is praiseworthy, admirable and touching. :up:

#6836 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:17

If he was my best friend id knew his entire family too, and know they also would feel supported if I came over immediatly. And if I was Robert id be happy to see my close friends.

Alonso jumped in a plane as soon as he heard and is now just sitting there doing nothing but wait to hear what is going on with Robert and perhaps visit him. For such a busy guy with endless schedules that is praiseworthy, admirable and touching. :up:

Perfectly said :)

#6837 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:19

At this moment in time if it was a good friend of mine, I'd be giving him family their space there, once he was out and out of emergeny I'd visit.

Just stop....the hole is getting deeper.

#6838 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 323 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:21

If he was my best friend id knew his entire family too

that's the point. IMO. Nobody can do anything but doctors, but it's great to feel you're not alone in pain. His family will apreciate his visit.

please consider do not bash FA for this, as usual. RKubica is his friend, and felt he has to be there. Just that.

#6839 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:22

Just stop....the hole is getting deeper.

Why? This has nothing to do with Alonso, as I said its just what I said I would do, others have said they'd visit so really I don't see what your problem is or what your trying to make out on is? I accept people do things differently, do you have a problem with that?

Advertisement

#6840 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:24

RK's gonna have to sit most of this year out at least so Nando's got my support this year for the WDC!

#6841 gorivan

gorivan

• 226 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:29

Thank you, Fernando. It is a much appreciated gesture.
As for giving space, I'm sure he's not imposing on Kubica's family or bothering doctors at the ICU. It amazes me how much energy goes into twisting a simple human impulse into an opportunity for talking down a disliked driver.

I can't speak for anyone else, but this gesture is important for me, as a fan of Kubica. Poland is not a country where success in a sport that requires so much money to even get a shot at comes often. This could potentially end our presence in F1 for an indefinitely long period of time. Seeing Fernando there somehow makes me feel that Kubica, should he, god forbid, not return to F1, will at least not be immediately forgotten.

#6842 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:33

As for giving space, I'm sure he's not imposing on Kubica's family or bothering doctors at the ICU. It amazes me how much energy goes into twisting a simple human impulse into an opportunity for talking down a disliked driver.

And I would also prefer it if people would also stop twisting other posters meanings thank you.

#6843 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:35

Why? This has nothing to do with Alonso, as I said its just what I said I would do, others have said they'd visit so really I don't see what your problem is or what your trying to make out on is? I accept people do things differently, do you have a problem with that?

And who cares what You would do?

I for one, would do exactly what Fernando did. It's nice to see this kind of friendship in such a hostile environment that F1 is. He is there now, not as 2xWDC, but as a man like you or me, whose friend had a terrible accident. I can't express what I feel now...... but I know who I will be rooting for this season.

#6844 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:37

And who cares what You would do?

I for one, would do exactly what Fernando did. It's nice to see this kind of friendship in such a hostile environment that F1 is. He is there now, not as 2xWDC, but as a man like you or me, whose friend had a terrible accident. I can't express what I feel now...... but I know who I will be rooting for this season.

Cause somebody mentioned this what they would also else do, thats why, so stop tryint to make something out it. I won't post anymore on it if others stop trying to cause trouble.

#6845 gorivan

gorivan

• 226 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:56

And I would also prefer it if people would also stop twisting other posters meanings thank you.

I'm sorry, I guess I may have blown your post out of proportion in this emotional time. It stood out from the rest of the posts on the topic. I have no idea if you have a history as an Alonso "basher", or whatever it's called here.

#6846 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,487 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 22:42

I can't speak for anyone else, but this gesture is important for me, as a fan of Kubica. Poland is not a country where success in a sport that requires so much money to even get a shot at comes often. This could potentially end our presence in F1 for an indefinitely long period of time. Seeing Fernando there somehow makes me feel that Kubica, should he, god forbid, not return to F1, will at least not be immediately forgotten.

Touching post. I agree with you.

#6847 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:58

It was a fantastic gesture from Fernando.
I always thought Alonso is the best driver on the entire grid, but from a human point of view he is not too valuable. However, now I think Fernando has even a big heart.t

Edited by BalazsF1, 07 February 2011 - 07:58.

#6848 Oho

Oho

• 7,256 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:22

I think it is kind of sort of ironic that Alonso's true intentions and motivation's aside his supporters have managed to paint him as an attention whore for his gesture, good show.

#6849 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:35

I think it is kind of sort of ironic that Alonso's true intentions and motivation's aside his supporters have managed to paint him as an attention whore for his gesture, good show.

What exactly are you saying?

#6850 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:37

Okay, if you think it, you could also mention all the drivers who sent a message to Robert via twitter. Do they also want some more attention?
No, I think they are all worried about Robert. On the other hand, if you know only a little bit Fernando, you would know that he and Robert are clos-knit friend.
It's ridiculous that Fernando-haters can come up with their silly comments also in such a serious situation.