Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#7351 Jamelon

Jamelon

• 382 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 18:25

at the end of first lap he was 10th not 9th, then he managed to overtake three drivers in two laps and finally went on hunting for webbo and felipe, was able to hold with hard compounds webber with a new set of softs whilst every other driver with hard compounds pursued by another on softs was literally smashed in a matter of two corners; and eventually ended up the race 2 secs behind petrov who was about 20 secs ahead of him after first pit stop

if that's not a great race then please enlighten me please because we have a utterly different concept of racing

I agree with this :up:

Not a great result overall of course, but considering his position after the first lap, basically due to bad luck, the rest of his race was flawless. I don't know what else he could have done to finish any better than he did.

Advertisement

#7352 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,688 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 18:55

I guess Alonso have adapted. He didnt shake his fist at the Russian driver after getting Petroved for the second race in a row :rolleyes: :cool:

Still mad that Kimi got fired. Man you hold a grudge.

#7353 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,377 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 19:33

I didn't realise the World Championship was decided on just one race...

Plus most of the comments here relate to the performance of the car, not Alonso.

I really enjoyed watching him chuck the car about. Bring on Sepang - and come on Ferrari, get the car sorted!

#7354 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 20:19

I really enjoyed watching him chuck the car about. Bring on Sepang - and come on Ferrari, get the car sorted!

:up: can't wait!

#7355 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 21:36

Mark my words.
Next time it will not be just Petrov but Heidfeld, without his car damage and KERS working, will also be there,,, :eek:

#7356 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 22:55

Friend, it was YOUR ARGUMENT that Alonso would complain about the tires, and that was YOUR BET! In your own post above, you acknowledge that he didn't complain, so trying to argue the contrary is cognitive dissonance. Rather than trying to punch back with a factless argument while lying on your back, just admit that YOU WERE WRONG! It really isn't that hard, you know, and would certainly bolster your credibility on this board. Should i remind you of your PLEDGE to the forummers on this thread?
Of course I'll give him credit. Will you call him average if he can't adapt very well and start complaining about the tires(as he already started to do) ?
Me, I'm just not that sure about what will happen and I'll not have a big problem admitting I was wrong.

Come on. You can do it! That's a good boy.

Or you could post some verifiable quotes from Alonso COMPLAINING about his inability to come to grips with his tires. Ok. I'll go first with my post about his satisfaction about how he performed under the new regs, while still hoping for more.

"If you just look at the classification, this is not such a bad result; yes we have lost ground to Vettel and Hamilton, although we have done better than Webber and Button."
"The strategy was just right and it helped me to make up some places." "Maybe if I hadn't ended up immediately in traffic, I could have tried to go for two stops but given how things went, we made the best decision. We are in the right zone for us to be able to win a title, but definitely not if we keep finishing third or fourth. We have to improve, we know that, but it's still too early to make any predictions."

OK. Your turn. :kiss:

If you can't recognize sarcasm so obvious it's not surprising you don't get the gist of Alonso's quote. Aparently you need everything spelled out for you and that would be too labor intensive. On this note I'll let you have the last word. Have at it.

#7357 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 23:43

Still mad that Kimi got fired. Man you hold a grudge.

What are you on about? Kimi? :lol:
It was a funny coincidence and I brought it up. Man, you are touchy. Lighten up.

#7358 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,532 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 23:54

If you can't recognize sarcasm so obvious it's not surprising you don't get the gist of Alonso's quote. Aparently you need everything spelled out for you and that would be too labor intensive. On this note I'll let you have the last word. Have at it.

You again. Sigh.

Listen, you made a silly boast about Alonso complaining about the Pirelli tires and that he'd be unable to adapt to them. You promised to own up to it if you were wrong, and now that your claims -- when held up to the light of REALITY -- have proven to be way wide of the mark, you've gone back on your word. Pretty simple.

I said you were brave because I knew the odds were very much stacked against you. But it turns out you were even braver than I first thought. You've just exposed your true character on a public forum.

You know that we didn't LITERALLY expect you to eat a crow, right?

Edited by PoleMan, 27 March 2011 - 23:55.

#7359 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:44

I dont want to explode a new contriversy, BUT:
Last year all Fernando and Ferrari-haters accused Ferrari of favouring Alonso.
This year everybody started with a fresh, new card and Ferrari and Fernando Alonso turned out to be MUCH faster than Felipe.
Okay, I am aware of the fact that it is really hard to accept that Fernando is (IMO the best driver on the grid) so talented and he can bring out the most of all situations.
Ferrari were struggling all weekend, but this is the strengh of Fernando: he was fighting near the front and showed some very strong stints in the second half of the race, and Massa was nowhere. I really like Massa, I don't want to complain about him, but these sitauations always show how gifted Fernando Alonso Diaz is.

Advertisement

#7360 robefc

robefc

• 8,016 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:18

at the end of first lap he was 10th not 9th, then he managed to overtake three drivers in two laps and finally went on hunting for webbo and felipe, was able to hold with hard compounds webber with a new set of softs whilst every other driver with hard compounds pursued by another on softs was literally smashed in a matter of two corners; and eventually ended up the race 2 secs behind petrov who was about 20 secs ahead of him after first pit stop

if that's not a great race then please enlighten me please because we have a utterly different concept of racing

I could be wrong but were the others that were 'smashed' on old tyres? E.g. button v seb (although button was on softs).

Regardless great race from fred, actually lots of great racing on sun, vettel, ham, petrov, perez, good race from that perspective.

#7361 robefc

robefc

• 8,016 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:20

In his own words ".. instead of starting fifth and finishing fourth I was tenth and I finished fourth. I just had to do some extra overtaking." Strange words he started fifth, not tenth...it was racing where he lost the places...

Why strange? He just means that losing places at the first corner, more by circumstance than by a mistake, didn't affect his final result.

Or more likely his expectation of the final result because presumably he didn't think he'd get webber but was also not forecasting petrov in the top 3! Clearly assumed he was going to get button I guess, don't think alonso rates him.

#7362 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:29

I dont want to explode a new contriversy, BUT:
Last year all Fernando and Ferrari-haters accused Ferrari of favouring Alonso.
This year everybody started with a fresh, new card and Ferrari and Fernando Alonso turned out to be MUCH faster than Felipe.
Okay, I am aware of the fact that it is really hard to accept that Fernando is (IMO the best driver on the grid) so talented and he can bring out the most of all situations.
Ferrari were struggling all weekend, but this is the strengh of Fernando: he was fighting near the front and showed some very strong stints in the second half of the race, and Massa was nowhere. I really like Massa, I don't want to complain about him, but these sitauations always show how gifted Fernando Alonso Diaz is.

Fernando is clearly a better driver than Felipe but I expected the the teammate switching to happen a little later in the season. I know Massa was due to pit before Alonso but I thought Ferrari could have made it slightly less obvious when Felipe allowed Fernando past after Jensons corner cutting. It was a clever tactic by the team and I don't want to go down the team orders route in a negative sense because the rule has been passed to make it fully legal etc. The good news for Alosno fans is he is the sole concentration of the team and if they can get their car competitive, then he's going to be a nuisance for Vettel and Hamilton later in the season. :)

#7363 muelte

muelte

• 496 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:43

Fernando is clearly a better driver than Felipe but I expected the the teammate switching to happen a little later in the season. I know Massa was due to pit before Alonso but I thought Ferrari could have made it slightly less obvious when Felipe allowed Fernando past after Jensons corner cutting. It was a clever tactic by the team and I don't want to go down the team orders route in a negative sense because the rule has been passed to make it fully legal etc. The good news for Alosno fans is he is the sole concentration of the team and if they can get their car competitive, then he's going to be a nuisance for Vettel and Hamilton later in the season. :)

Teammates switching? Come on! Massa was simply slow out of the chicane (probably due to his fight with Jenson) and was easy for FA to pass him as Alonso had much greater acceleration out of the corner. It is pathetic that, every time Massa performs poorly, is due to Ferrari screwing him in Alonso's benefit.

Edit: I rewatched the race and FA overtook Massa not out of the chinace (FA managed to put side by side but Massa had the inside and defended well - yes, he defended) but out of the next corner. Anyway it was similar: due to Massa defending the inside against he was poor out out the corner, and alonso could pass him under acceleration

Edited by muelte, 28 March 2011 - 08:54.

#7364 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:51

Teammates switching? Come on! Massa was simply slow out of the chicane (probably due to his fight with Jenson) and was easy for FA to pass him as Alonso had much greater acceleration out of the corner. It is pathetic that, every time Massa performs poorly, is due to Ferrari screwing him in Alonso's benefit.

Jenson had better acceleration out of most corners on the previous laps but Felipe defended brilliantly. I just thought he let Fernando past rather easily, but as I said he was due to pit and it complicated the situation for Jenson having Alonso behind rather than Massa. To me it didn't look like a mistake by Massa, but the speed Alonso had in comparison, he would have overtook him very soon anyway.

#7365 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,881 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:06

I don't care if Massa let him pass or not. If he did I applaud him. We can't have a repeat of last year when he slowed Alonso down in Australia. Points are points.

Would you want a VERY slow Jenson to hold up Hamilton for 10 laps and thus screwing up the teams points? I think not, but I'm sure we will get the shpiel about equality and what not.

A sing song is being made of this for no reason and it is not even fans of Massa but rather those of McLaren.

#7366 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,528 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:30

Fernando on the BBC yesterday, mainly for the people that can't watch stuff on the BBC site.

#7367 as65p

as65p

• 17,157 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:38

If you can't recognize sarcasm so obvious it's not surprising you don't get the gist of Alonso's quote.

So now it's called "sarcasm" if people make bold statements and later weasel out of it, like you just did? :lol:

A few other, not so pleasant words spring to mind...

#7368 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:45

I thought it was a very good race. But given he was at least partly responsible for where he found himself on the first lap, I think great is stretching it.

Also on defending from Webber - what are the other examples of two drivers on different compunds but similar number of laps of wear when one "smashed" the other? I don't recall any in the race.

Anyways, brilliant battling drive from Alonso. Thought he was fortunate that Massa and Button effectively handed him their positions on a plate, but his driving to pass 3 cars early on and to get by and hold off Webber was superb.

#7369 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:49

A sing song is being made of this for no reason and it is not even fans of Massa but rather those of McLaren.

I would appreciate it if you read my posts before embarrassing yourself.

#7370 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:52

Anyways, brilliant battling drive from Alonso. Thought he was fortunate that Massa and Button effectively handed him their positions on a plate, but his driving to pass 3 cars early on and to get by and hold off Webber was superb.

Alonso made the best of the situation IMO and put the car in a very good 4th position come the end of the race. I can't think of any mistakes he made and was a solid race by Fernando. :up:

EDIT: Apart from his starting choice where he went to the outside He didn't make any mistakes but in hindsight it was the best place to be should an accident have occured. Playing it safe after last year was a wise option but didn't pay off in the long term.

Edited by tifosiMac, 28 March 2011 - 09:53.

#7371 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:03

TifosiMac,

If you re-watch the race, you will see that Alonso pitted first after he overtook Massa (he pitted before Massa did, on the next lap after his overtaking). Do you really think that Ferrari issued Massa with team orders to let Alonso by just to pit him immediately after that?

#7372 EthanM

EthanM

• 2,104 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:06

If Ferrari swapped Alonso and Massa in the race (and I stress the IF) they did it to trap Button into a drivethrough (or to slot Alonso ahead of Button if he elected to let both Ferraris through), no other reason. Certainly not to get Alonso ahead of Massa.

#7373 klyster

klyster

• 4,266 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:07

Fernando on the BBC yesterday, mainly for the people that can't watch stuff on the BBC site.

#7374 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,881 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:23

I would appreciate it if you read my posts before embarrassing yourself.

Believe me, I have read your posts.

Fernando is clearly a better driver than Felipe but I expected the the teammate switching to happen a little later in the season. I know Massa was due to pit before Alonso but I thought Ferrari could have made it slightly less obvious when Felipe allowed Fernando past after Jensons corner cutting. It was a clever tactic by the team and I don't want to go down the team orders route in a negative sense because the rule has been passed to make it fully legal etc. The good news for Alosno fans is he is the sole concentration of the team and if they can get their car competitive, then he's going to be a nuisance for Vettel and Hamilton later in the season.

1. You are assuming it was a switch orchestrated by the team.

2. It was not obvious to anyone except those looking for something.

3. Again you are assuming he is the sole concentration of the team. Where is the evidence of this?

#7375 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 3,158 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:31

Believe me, I have read your posts.

3. Again you are assuming he is the sole concentration of the team. Where is the evidence of this?

Yeh, tbh it was a smart move by Ferrari that screwed Mclaren big time. Once Felippe let Fernando past Button couldn't then let Massa back through without also letting Fernando get passed. Clever stuff from the people in Maranello and the right thing to do. I think it's a little insane to think that Fernando could've called the team, asked them to let him through, then the team called Felippe to say 'let fernando through'. I expect it was a call on the pitwall to felippe immediately after BUtton went past.

#7376 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:35

If you re-watch the race, you will see that Alonso pitted first after he overtook Massa (he pitted before Massa did, on the next lap after his overtaking). Do you really think that Ferrari issued Massa with team orders to let Alonso by just to pit him immediately after that?

It does still make sense. Pitting 1 lap sooner is an advantage. So as soon as Alonso got by Massa and pitted, had Button given the spot back to Massa then pitted immediately he would have come out behind Alonso. So if there was a switch, it still guaranteed either a DT for Button or Alonso getting by even with the pit stop - so a smart strategical move.

Which, I hasten to add, doesn't mean it did happen (there's scant evidence for that, to be fair). I'm only making the point that the order of the pit stops doesn't mean it did not happen.

#7377 keeppushingurep1

keeppushingurep1

• 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:38

:up: :clap:

#7378 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,881 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:45

Yeh, tbh it was a smart move by Ferrari that screwed Mclaren big time. Once Felippe let Fernando past Button couldn't then let Massa back through without also letting Fernando get passed. Clever stuff from the people in Maranello and the right thing to do. I think it's a little insane to think that Fernando could've called the team, asked them to let him through, then the team called Felippe to say 'let fernando through'. I expect it was a call on the pitwall to felippe immediately after BUtton went past.

Let me just make my position clear. I don't care if Massa let Alonso by or not. If he did I applaud him but I have difficulty in believing that Ferrari were that quick on the radio to Massa. I think Alonso really surprised Massa and because it was his team-mate didn't put up a fight. It was great team work none the less.

#7379 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:52

It does still make sense. Pitting 1 lap sooner is an advantage. So as soon as Alonso got by Massa and pitted, had Button given the spot back to Massa then pitted immediately he would have come out behind Alonso. So if there was a switch, it still guaranteed either a DT for Button or Alonso getting by even with the pit stop - so a smart strategical move.

Which, I hasten to add, doesn't mean it did happen (there's scant evidence for that, to be fair). I'm only making the point that the order of the pit stops doesn't mean it did not happen.

I agree, but the pass was so immediately after Button had overtaken Massa that 1) Ferrari had no time to issue any instructions specifically related to that new situation, and 2) Ferrari wasn't sure that Button would be punished, because it was unclear if he had been ahead of Massa when he went off-track. So any team instructions on Alonso's pass could not have been related to Button's potential penalty, and given Alonso's timed pit stop, he could have still pitted and overtaken both Massa and Button at the pit stops/drive through rather than on track - no need for team orders.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 28 March 2011 - 10:53.

Advertisement

#7380 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:53

Firstly Massa let Alonso past way too easily for it to be classed as a mistake unless Felipe lost power momentarily after the previous laps with his car being as wide as possible. Felipe also managed to hold Fernando behinf him for most of the race in 2010 without forgetting to use his accelerator between turns 13 and 14 if my memory is correct. We need to remember that team orders are no longer illegal under the rules and its something each team has the option of using. This switch made sense to Ferrari at that moment and it was a clever move which nobody is doubting for a second. I was trying to clarify that Ferrari are supporting Fernando from the very first race rather than only showing this mid season and its important to know who the main contenders are for this season rather than laying expectations on Felipe if he is only in a support role. If this switch wasn't obvious to you, maybe you were not paying attention and seeing as I dod not have the luxury of not being able to watch coverage of purely the Ferrari's, I don't see how I can be accused of looking for something.

Alonso is the best driver at Ferrari and naturally they are free to do what they like in order for him to gain the best points possible. I just don't see the point in painting a picture of equality when its obvious Ferrari want to support their best chance of winning the championship, and with Felipe's recent performances, that focus is Alonso.

#7381 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:55

I have difficulty in believing that Ferrari were that quick on the radio to Massa. I think Alonso really surprised Massa and because it was his team-mate didn't put up a fight.

Exactly.

Alonso was waiting for the inevitable clash between Massa and Button. When it happened he took advantage. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think that Ferrari can issue team orders on the fly that fast, their super-human powers would have them be champions every year.

Button was desperate because he knew he could not fend off Alonso while behind Massa and he gambled. It did not pay off. That is all there is to it, really.

Edited by zeph, 28 March 2011 - 10:56.

#7382 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:57

Firstly Massa let Alonso past way too easily for it to be classed as a mistake unless Felipe lost power momentarily after the previous laps with his car being as wide as possible.

No. Massa lost momentum because of the scuffle with Button. Alonso saw it coming and took advantage. Plain and simple.

#7383 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:59

Alonso was waiting for the inevitable clash between Massa and Button. When it happened he took advantage. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think that Ferrari can issue team orders on the fly that fast, their super-human powers would have them be champions every year.

Believe it or not Ferrari like every other team on the grid have access to GPS data and delta times which allow them to know exactly where a driver is on track. If Brundle has time to suggest Alonso will go through I'm sure the Ferrari pitwall who are studying their two drivers are quick thinking enough to seize on the opportunity. Super human powers doesn't even come into it if you are doing your job properly.

#7384 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:00

I agree, but the pass was so immediately after Button had overtaken Massa that 1) Ferrari had no time to issue any instructions specifically related to that new situation, and 2) Ferrari wasn't sure that Button would be punished, because it was unclear if he had been ahead of Massa when he went off-track. So any team instructions on Alonso's pass could not have been related to Button's potential penalty, and given Alonso's timed pit stop, he could have still pitted and overtaken both Massa and Button at the pit stops/drive through rather than on track - no need for team orders.

Pretty much agree with all of that. I'm of the opinion of "extremely unlikely", rather than "definitely not" though.

#7385 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,498 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:03

No. Massa lost momentum because of the scuffle with Button. Alonso saw it coming and took advantage. Plain and simple.

So Massa lost momentum with Button at turn 12 and this momentum loss allowed Alonso to pass a further 2000 metres further on after turn 13?

The car had already accelerated and decelerated a corner after Button's illegal pass so I can't quite see the logic there, sorry. :confused:

Team orders are legal anyway.

#7386 robefc

robefc

• 8,016 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:18

Believe it or not Ferrari like every other team on the grid have access to GPS data and delta times which allow them to know exactly where a driver is on track. If Brundle has time to suggest Alonso will go through I'm sure the Ferrari pitwall who are studying their two drivers are quick thinking enough to seize on the opportunity. Super human powers doesn't even come into it if you are doing your job properly.

So ferrari:

1) swapped alonso for massa thereby meaning that button will either have to let both past or take a drive through

2) then pitted alonso thereby allowing button the option of letting massa back past.

Doesn't make any sense.

#7387 muelte

muelte

• 496 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:54

So Massa lost momentum with Button at turn 12 and this momentum loss allowed Alonso to pass a further 2000 metres further on after turn 13?

The car had already accelerated and decelerated a corner after Button's illegal pass so I can't quite see the logic there, sorry. :confused:

Team orders are legal anyway.

Massa lost momentum at turn 12, allowing FA to get close to him, even on parallel getting into turn 13. Massa took defensive line closing the inside, but then he had poor speed in & out of the corner, allowing FA to pass him under acceleration.

Edited by muelte, 28 March 2011 - 11:57.

#7388 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:01

Pretty much agree with all of that. I'm of the opinion of "extremely unlikely", rather than "definitely not" though.

Or in other words: Never say never - and even less so in F1!  ;)

#7389 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,274 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:07

The team did pretty well in Australia indeed. Fernando's costly mistake in the start was the only one, and Felipe's car wasn't probably running with the best setup and best tires available, but it was always possible for such an unpredicted thing to happen with those all-new Pirellis. The car itself was and is capable for even better results.

Edited by Man of the race, 28 March 2011 - 12:17.

#7390 Blackmadonna

Blackmadonna

• 125 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:08

Massa lost momentum at turn 12, allowing FA to get close to him, even on parallel getting into turn 13. Massa took defensive line closing the inside, but then he had poor speed in & out of the corner, allowing FA to pass him under acceleration.

All a question of perspective.

RTL commentators were almost wetting themselves with screaming 'look the first Ferrari team order of the season already!!' into their microphones. Since Fernando is driving for Ferrari, they have developed a serious hate, conveniently forgetting that their famous Schumacher won 5 titles with them. Back then, Ferrari could do no wrong.

I personally think Massa was much too busy with Button to pay much attention to what was happening behind him. Happens all the time on track when two drivers are involved in a fight, a car closely following them will take advantage of that.

#7391 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:38

RTL commentators were almost wetting themselves with screaming 'look the first Ferrari team order of the season already!!' into their microphones. Since Fernando is driving for Ferrari, they have developed a serious hate, conveniently forgetting that their famous Schumacher won 5 titles with them. Back then, Ferrari could do no wrong.

:up: :up:
RTL & his moderators do everything to show Alonso as the bad boy of Formula One. They are always hurt that it was him who knocks down his Schumi from the olymp of racing sport. They will never forget it & Alonso for them is the guilty!

#7392 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:40

Ah, TifosiMac, but the difference is that Brundle can afford saying the first thing that goes through his head, because he is just commenting a race, but Ferrari actually has things at stake when making a decision like that and may want to think twice.;)

My view is that if they wanted to trick Button, they should have pitted Massa immediately, and Alonso only afterwards. If they wanted Alonso to overtake Massa, they didn't need a "let him pass" instruction - they could have just pitted Alonso on the same lap Button overtook Massa, rather than on the next one, and let his speed differential do the rest.

And finally, had there been any instructions on the radio, I bet we would have had them broadcast! :p

Edited by Fontainebleau, 28 March 2011 - 12:42.

#7393 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:41

So now it's called "sarcasm" if people make bold statements and later weasel out of it, like you just did? :lol:

A few other, not so pleasant words spring to mind...

Now seriously. Can't you recognize the sarcasm in the following ?

Of course he's not complainig he's 'the' Alonso, that's beneath him.

If you really can't, please check this link http://www.dailymail...t-dementia.html and book an apointment with your doctor.
It might be a simptom of a serious disease.

#7394 topical

topical

• 2,069 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:00

I couldn't believe it. Alonso passed Massa and they said, 'the only reason Massa is in Ferrai is to carry the bucket of water around (or something to that effect i.e. he's just a lapdog), so what do you expect'.
They are absolute morons and their anti-Alonso basis is highly irritating.

#7395 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:04

Or in other words: Never say never - and even less so in F1! ;)

:lol: :up:

#7396 as65p

as65p

• 17,157 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:25

Now seriously. Can't you recognize the sarcasm in the following ?

If you really can't, please check this link http://www.dailymail...t-dementia.html and book an apointment with your doctor.
It might be a simptom of a serious disease.

I guess it was a tough weekend for you, eh? It won't get better I'm afraid... :)

Whatever, I appreciate you sharing your favourite bookmarks with me, that's nice! Did expect no less than the Daily Mail from you. :up:

#7397 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:32

I couldn't believe it. Alonso passed Massa and they said, 'the only reason Massa is in Ferrai is to carry the bucket of water around (or something to that effect i.e. he's just a lapdog), so what do you expect'.
They are absolute morons and their anti-Alonso basis is highly irritating.

What piss me off more is that they take for granted that Ferrari used team orders in the first race of the season and can't admit the possibility that Alonso passed Massa because Massa was caught by surprise. I'm sure if it had happened between the drivers of his favorite team they wouldn't say such things.

#7398 kazimriz

kazimriz

• 69 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:35

Fernando was ominous on Sunday. If his team can correct the understeer issues, which look really bleak right now, then he is back at the hunt. If he keeps losing points like this then a repeat of second half of 2010 will become inevitable. I think its high time Ferrari got aggressive with their car, get some developments and challenge Mclaren and Red Bull on raw pace.

#7399 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,377 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:53

The first race on new tyres was as much test as race - Ferrari will get he set-up sorted and the performance fine-tuned. Alonso meanwhile coped fabulously and adapted to the handling, just as you might expect him to.

Despite the ominous performance of Vettel and RBR I still rate Alonso's chances v high.

Advertisement

#7400 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 14:01

I couldn't believe it. Alonso passed Massa and they said, 'the only reason Massa is in Ferrari is to carry the bucket of water around (or something to that effect i.e. he's just a lapdog), so what do you expect'.

Not to troll, but that does seem more and more like the truth to be honest. Their comment about Massa I mean.
For the record, I dont think it was teamorders when Alonso passed Massa.