Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#7601 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 13:58

The reason why I don't see Alonso as determined/ambitious/motivated as he was a few years ago is because of his driving mainly. For example, I don't see him being very agressive at the starts as he was in 2004-2007 when he was usually great, he tends to be very cautious when a few years ago he would have risked more which did pay off most times.

he still risks at starts if it is possible.
in australia it was not.
in malaysia he in some way risked and took the wrong line
in china almost all drivers from the uneven starting positions lost places.

Advertisement

#7602 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:09

he still risks at starts if it is possible.
in australia it was not.
in malaysia he in some way risked and took the wrong line
in china almost all drivers from the uneven starting positions lost places.

What really worries me is that he tends to lose positions at the start while Massa tends to gain positions.

You can blame bad luck but ALL has a limit.

#7603 josepatches

josepatches

• 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:10

What really worries me is that he tends to lose positions at the start while Massa tends to gain positions.

This.

#7604 josepatches

josepatches

• 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:15

Felipe drove very well and seems to be getting back to the quality of driving/pace he showed before his accident. However, is there any doubt that had Ferrari pitted Fernando first (lap before Felipe) during the first stint, Ferrari would've scored more WCC points today?

Anyone know how first stop choice works in Ferrari? Is it the better qualifier that gets choice or the driver who's ahead in the race----or is it decided on the fly/spur of the moment?

I guess it's the driver who is ahead.

Could Ferrari score more points today? Sure but Massa could had lost his advantage fighting with Rosberg and Button.It happens every race.Fernando usually is who has the advantage but nobody complain about it

#7605 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:21

i believe that starts-procedure cant be through the whole year against a driver, till now it was not in favour of alonso, but there are lot of races to come, it will change.

#7606 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:46

There was a moment in the race when his tyres were completely destroyed. I knew Rosberg, Button and Hamilton were going to overtake him sooner or later, but what surprised me was that he made it very easy for them to pass him. He didn’t defended aggressively against them as I was expecting. It really dissapointed me...

Anyway, I can’t understand why Ferrari didn't pit him inmediately in that moment and decided to wait to pit him or because they didn’t react as they should have when Rosberg pitted for new tyres in the first stop. Horrible strategy from them today. Fernando and Felipe would have produced better results today with 3 stops. Ferrari needs to be more flexible with their strategies.

#7607 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:50

There was a moment in the race when his tyres were completely destroyed. I knew Rosberg, Button and Hamilton were going to overtake him sooner or later, but what surprised me was that he made it very easy for them to pass him. He didn’t defended aggressively against them as I was expecting. It really dissapointed me...

he tried, but trying even harder would have destroyed his tyres even more,
it is a vicious circle.
i know it is not very satisfying, but it doesnt mean that we should not try to understand it, why it happened in that way.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 17 April 2011 - 14:50.

#7608 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:02

Alonso was hugely disappointed after the race. He said in an intwerview Ferrari had to face a tough year. They were going to bring some updates for the next race, but so were other teams, so he doesn't think they could make a huge step forward. He also said Ferrari's race was has been very poor.
I don't know why Alonso said it... Massa was superb fast till his last stop. Alonso is very disappointed, negative and pessimistic. I don't know how to understand this kind of attitude. He is always full of energy and that Alonso is the Alonso I support.

#7609 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:10

I'm not saying he isn't as ambitious as in the past only because of his comments after the race. Maybe he has matured and for that reason he is politically correct right now although I prefer when he was speaking his mind (right or wrong).

The reason why I don't see Alonso as determined/ambitious/motivated as he was a few years ago is because of his driving mainly. For example, I don't see him being very agressive at the starts as he was in 2004-2007 when he was usually great, he tends to be very cautious when a few years ago he would have risked more which did pay off most times.

I've noticed the same thing. However, I don't think it has anything to do with him being less determined/ambitious/motivated <in those areas I believe Fernando is as strong as ever.

IMO, not wanting to be knocked out of a race in the first corner makes him respond in a somewhat cautious manner, but I think he's always been that way... Renault '05/'06 and Mac '07 it was always risk/reward carefully weighed resulting in the level of caution he'd decide was warranted. In two of the three races this season he's gotten a pretty good jump at the start, shown little fear while making logical positioning decisions into the first turn, only to come up on the short end of bad luck........... I'm not saying his starts shouldn't be looked at (criticized/analyzed) I'm just saying that we'll need to see a few more of them before we can be sure of a problem, and if there is a problem, IMO it'll likely be traced to being overly cautious, NOT because he's losing his determination/ambition/motivation. . .

Edited by NZX_Lorne, 17 April 2011 - 15:17.

#7610 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,786 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:12

He doesn't sound that down in the interview with the english media, the audio clip is on ferrari.com.

#7611 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:25

I've noticed the same thing. However, I don't think it has anything to do with him being less determined/ambitious/motivated <in those areas I believe Fernando is as strong as ever.

IMO, not wanting to be knocked out of a race in the first corner makes him respond in a somewhat cautious manner, but I think he's always been that way... Renault '05/'06 and Mac '07 it was always risk/reward carefully weighed resulting in the level of caution he'd decide was warranted. In two of the three races this season he's gotten a pretty good jump at the start, shown little fear while making logical positioning decisions into the first turn, only to come up on the short end of bad luck........... I'm not saying his starts shouldn't be looked at (criticized/analyzed) I'm just saying that we'll need to see a few more of them before we can be sure of a problem, and if there is a problem, IMO it'll likely be traced to being overly cautious, NOT because he's losing his determination/ambition/motivation. . .

about alonsos starts,
what possibility there was in australia for alonso to make anything different at the first corner?
what could he have done better in malaysia (he decided for the wrong side, but that was pity)
what could alonso have changed today?

#7612 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:28

He doesn't sound that down in the interview with the english media, the audio clip is on ferrari.com.

One thing is saying what Ferrari wants to hear from him. Another thing is hiding your real feelings which is Fernando's case at the moment. In other words, don't believe all what he is saying, it is just PR and nothing more.

Edited by AlanWake, 17 April 2011 - 15:29.

#7613 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:36

One thing is saying what Ferrari wants to hear from him. Another thing is hiding your real feelings which is Fernando's case at the moment. In other words, don't believe all what he is saying, it is just PR and nothing more.

You pretty much nailed it. I think post-race interviews "fresh out of the car" are the best ones because you can truly see the body language of the driver. In Alonso's case, well... I can understand why he'd be discouraged and pissed because he just saw a team no one gave a chance in preseason (and which appeared slower than Ferrari) win on merit while he's still 1 second behind RBR in qualifying and being given retarded strategies (which already, in my humble opinion, cost him a title last year (which he totally deserved)).

But if Ferrari takes a little bit longer to get in shape, he has to hope guys like Lewis/Vettel/Button/Webber will trade wins/podiums so that no one really gets away with it. A bit like 2010. And we all know what happened in 2010.

At midway through the season, he was some 50 points behind Webber/LH and was still able to make a comeback despite dominant performances by RBR and Alonso misfortunes and mistakes (Kubica pass, Spa crash and bad luck with the safety car in Valencia).

Edited by slmk, 17 April 2011 - 15:36.

#7614 motorhead

motorhead

• 920 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:37

about alonsos starts,
what possibility there was in australia for alonso to make anything different at the first corner?
what could he have done better in malaysia (he decided for the wrong side, but that was pity)

He could have made a better start, defend his position....he has been known for getting frustrated if things aren´t going his way. Maybe that was a sign of frustration not tire grain  ;)

#7615 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:42

He could have made a better start, defend his position....he has been known for getting frustrated if things aren´t going his way. Maybe that was a sign of frustration not tire grain ;)

look at heidfelds start in malaysia, he was not the best from the starting point, but he was lucky with the position he has chosen for the first corner,
look here petrov made the start much better, but heidfeld made the right decision.
also massa was behind alonso at first corner but had the luck at second.

compare heidfelds move to alonsos at australia, alonso also took the outside position but was unlucky because of the fight petrov-button.

i think analysing is better than just suggesting.

#7616 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:42

about alonsos starts,

Trust me, I know what you're saying :)

Bad luck with his starts (not lack of skill or determination or anything else) has sadly cost Fernando some points this season.

IMO, had he been super aggressive with his starts, he'd likely have one podium and one DNF - i.e. points wise, he'd be in the same position, albeit with 60 laps less knowledge about the car.......... I trust Fernando is doing the maximum, and Ferrari is well aware of that. . .

#7617 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:44

Alonso was hugely disappointed after the race. He said in an intwerview Ferrari had to face a tough year. They were going to bring some updates for the next race, but so were other teams, so he doesn't think they could make a huge step forward. He also said Ferrari's race was has been very poor.
I don't know why Alonso said it... Massa was superb fast till his last stop. Alonso is very disappointed, negative and pessimistic. I don't know how to understand this kind of attitude. He is always full of energy and that Alonso is the Alonso I support.

Link?

#7618 rko281

rko281

• 696 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:48

You pretty much nailed it. I think post-race interviews "fresh out of the car" are the best ones because you can truly see the body language of the driver. In Alonso's case, well... I can understand why he'd be discouraged and pissed because he just saw a team no one gave a chance in preseason (and which appeared slower than Ferrari) win on merit while he's still 1 second behind RBR in qualifying and being given retarded strategies (which already, in my humble opinion, cost him a title last year (which he totally deserved)).

But if Ferrari takes a little bit longer to get in shape, he has to hope guys like Lewis/Vettel/Button/Webber will trade wins/podiums so that no one really gets away with it. A bit like 2010. And we all know what happened in 2010.

At midway through the season, he was some 50 points behind Webber/LH and was still able to make a comeback despite dominant performances by RBR and Alonso misfortunes and mistakes (Kubica pass, Spa crash and bad luck with the safety car in Valencia).

Yes, but do remember all the technical problems that Vettel had, plus him and Webber were taking points of each other. That's why he's been able to stay in the fight until the last race (not to forget how in Korea both RBR took 0points).
What I'm saying is that of course he will have the chance to fight for WDC, but this year I believe the "free" points taken from the RBR drivers won't come that easy. Webber had a great race today, but this season Vettel will dominate him much more that in 2010. Also, considering the car that Mclaren has, I'm sure for Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel are equally his main rivals.

#7619 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:56

I'm not saying he isn't as ambitious as in the past only because of his comments after the race. Maybe he has matured and for that reason he is politically correct right now although I prefer when he was speaking his mind (right or wrong).

Does traction control ring a bell ?

Advertisement

#7620 ColchesterF1

ColchesterF1

• 209 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:56

Quite shocked that Jarno Trulli's fastest lap was quicker than Fernando's. Sums up his race really

#7621 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 15:58

Well, you know what guys, Alonso just has to suck it all up. He's said he'll finish his F1 career at Ferrari and he shouldn't be cancelling that just because the car and the team aren't up to the level he expected them to be. It's disappointing to him but that's normal in life, you can't just expect to win all the time no matter how good you think you are.

Ferrari brought him to the team as some sort of a saviour, saying he's a leader and a car developer and speaks Italian too (so there should be no problems, right?). Ferrari have trapped themselves in a corner with those statements as now they can only blame others than Alonso in the team and they will actually have to admit that the car is not very good. Can they do that? Can they put their hands up and say they are to blame?

I think if people bought into that hyping of how Alonso is a must for the team and that he'll save them, I can't feel terribly sorry for you if you are disappointed that they are not having an easy time winning Grands Prix. Yesterday on television Botin looked miserable...

#7622 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:00

Quite shocked that Jarno Trulli's fastest lap was quicker than Fernando's. Sums up his race really

cant see how one parameter can some up everything?

in that sense jarnos fastest lap was just 0.7 slower than vettels, so what does that say?

#7623 ColchesterF1

ColchesterF1

• 209 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:03

cant see how one parameter can some up everything?

in that sense jarnos fastest lap was just 0.7 slower than vettels, so what does that say?

Well it makes the point that he was slow and got overtook pretty easy. It shows that Jarno was quicker than Fernando but still some way of Vettel...

#7624 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:04

i believe that starts-procedure cant be through the whole year against a driver, till now it was not in favour of alonso, but there are lot of races to come, it will change.

It didn't start this year and you know that. Remember last year the argument about 'Ferrari starting systems' ? I do.

#7625 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:07

I cannot find a link with a quote of Alonso being "negative and pessimistic".

He is making a call for car improvement, which is the obvious thing Ferrari needs right now.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/90821

"We'll see now which one was the best," Alonso told Spanish television about the strategy. "It's very easy to choose the strategy when you have the fastest car and it's very hard when you are slow. Webber today showed qualifying is not very important.

"The most important thing is to have a good tyre degradation and a good strategy, and this year we can overtake. As I say, the easiest thing is to have a quick car, like Red Bull, you pit three, two, one times and you end up on the podium.

"We need to improve the car above everything. I don't think it would have changed much. We were much slower than the cars we had in front so we would ended up with a similar result."

Alonso denied having had any issues with his car, despite losing several position during the latter part of the race.

"No, we didn't have any particular problems. We just weren't fast at any point during the race and we kept on losing positions little by little.

"Then we opted to go for two stops so it looked like we were in a good position during some points of the race and others where they were flying like bullets from behind. We had to try to hold on and finish the race in whatever position."

#7626 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:09

Well it makes the point that he was slow and got overtook pretty easy.

fastest laps can never sum up the race.
look at webber fastest lap, he was 2.4 seconds faster than vettel, what does that say fastest lap summary.

#7627 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:11

It didn't start this year and you know that. Remember last year the argument about 'Ferrari starting systems' ? I do.

what was the problem last year, every driver had some "bad" starts throughout the season. i only see some concetrating on alonso in that sense.

#7628 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:12

I cannot find a link with a quote of Alonso being "negative and pessimistic".

He is making a call for car improvement, which is the obvious thing Ferrari needs right now.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/90821

thank you for that :up:

#7629 ColchesterF1

ColchesterF1

• 209 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:16

fastest laps can never sum up the race.
look at webber fastest lap, he was 2.4 seconds faster than vettel, what does that say fastest lap summary.

But he never looked like doing anything special in the race, and was beaten by Felipe again. He just didn't look like he was comfortable in the car

#7630 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:19

what was the problem last year, every driver had some "bad" starts throughout the season. i only see some concetrating on alonso in that sense.

Alonso had a lot of bad starts last year. To the point of you blamming, surrealistically, Ferraris 'starting systems' for it when Massa was starting just fine.

#7631 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,786 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:20

I don't believe he is hiding anything at all, he said that they are far behind and Turkish updates won't change stablished order, something that it's true and 100 % realistic, he also said that because what happen last season he believes in the team 100 %. I don't see any PR in that in my opinion. They made a step forward on friday (testing new parts and understanding the main issue with the car) that's enough reason to have hope for the future.

#7632 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:26

But he never looked like doing anything special in the race, and was beaten by Felipe again. He just didn't look like he was comfortable in the car

The only reason he was beaten by Felipe in Malaysia was because of the incident with Hamilton; he was well quicker than him all through the weekend.
This is the first weekend in a long time I remember Massa being faster than him through the race. Whether that was due to him having to take on Massa's set up or whether he just had an off weekend I don't know; I'm prepared to accept it was the latter. The fact that such a song and dance is being made about it shows how much people take for granted that Alonso is stronger driver in the team, but let's not forget this is the same Massa who destroyed Raikonnen's reputation and effectively ended his F1 career, so to be beaten by him once in a while is no disgrace.
As for the car, nothing has changed - we know that it's poor in qualifying and not great in low fuel mode at the end of the race, but otherwise it's in good shape. They just have to sort out those issues while there's still time to make something of the season.

Edited by topical, 17 April 2011 - 16:28.

#7633 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:26

his first stint was impressive, as massas was, too.

#7634 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 16:28

Alonso had a lot of bad starts last year. To the point of you blamming, surrealistically, Ferraris 'starting systems' for it when Massa was starting just fine.

cant remember massa started last year better than alonso looking at the whole year, in some races, yes but not over the whole year.
i was talking last year about starting systems (what ms was suggesting) in comparison to other teams.

#7635 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 17:13

Well, you know what guys, Alonso just has to suck it all up. He's said he'll finish his F1 career at Ferrari and he shouldn't be canceling that just because the car and the team aren't up to the level he expected them to be.

where is Alonso "canceling" anything :confused:

It's disappointing to him but that's normal in life, you can't just expect to win all the time no matter how good you think you are.

Who expects Alonso "to win all the time" :confused:

Ferrari brought him to the team as some sort of a saviour, saying he's a leader and a car developer and speaks Italian too (so there should be no problems, right?).

Who says Ferrari arent totally ecstatic (thrilled) with Alonso :confused:

I think if people bought into that hyping of how Alonso is a must for the team and that he'll save them, I can't feel terribly sorry for you if you are disappointed that they are not having an easy time winning Grands Prix.

Not yet, but Fernando could still win 5 (or more) WDC's for Ferrari. No question he's a vast improvement over Kimi. I'm sure most people would agree to that :)

#7636 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,961 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 17:17

Just like Hamilton, Alonso will bounce back. Class is permanent. Alonso is class (I don't particually like him) but I fully respect his huge talent.

#7637 CF22

CF22

• 386 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 17:19

I don't believe he is hiding anything at all, he said that they are far behind and Turkish updates won't change stablished order, something that it's true and 100 % realistic, he also said that because what happen last season he believes in the team 100 %. I don't see any PR in that in my opinion. They made a step forward on friday (testing new parts and understanding the main issue with the car) that's enough reason to have hope for the future.

That is very true, everything Alonso says is realistic, he doesn't hype up his chances or gives false hopes, we saw that last year. I also don't think Turkey won't bring us up the pecking order, if they do fix the problems with the wind tunnel calibration those "working" updates probably won't be ready until mid season. We are already behind, I don't think it is likely for us to win either championship, but it's good to give it all and continue developing the car which could become a base for the 2012 car.

#7638 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 17:41

Just like Hamilton, Alonso will bounce back. Class is permanent. Alonso is class (I don't particually like him) but I fully respect his huge talent.

Hamilton sure put in a superb high-class drive today :up:

Had Alonso pitted earlier during his first stint, we just may have seen some serious FA/LH action. Oh well, I have a feeling that over the course of the season FA/LH are going to find themselves in quite a few head to head battles :eek: the result of which could become the highlight of '11-----should Vettel end up walking it. . .

#7639 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 19:02

Is Alonso having problems with these new tyres? Last season Massa was nowhere near him pace-wise, now it seems like they're pretty evenly matched.

Advertisement

#7640 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 19:11

Is Alonso having problems with these new tyres? Last season Massa was nowhere near him pace-wise, now it seems like they're pretty evenly matched.

Evenly matched? IMO, it seems like Felipe is now much closer. The exact reasons for that and if it'll turn into a season long trend is something only the future can tell us. . .

#7641 VicR

VicR

• 1,965 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 21:27

The only reason he was beaten by Felipe in Malaysia was because of the incident with Hamilton; he was well quicker than him all through the weekend.

Not true. You can't say that because Felipe lost 6 seconds at his first pitstop. He would have come out ahead of Alonso without the lost time. Then it's anyone's guess what would have happened and how it would have finished. One thing is true though. Had it not happened and had he come out ahead then the Hamilton vs Alonso fight would never have taken place as it would have been Felipe probably in that spot instead.

#7642 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,070 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:39

Not true. You can't say that because Felipe lost 6 seconds at his first pitstop. He would have come out ahead of Alonso without the lost time. Then it's anyone's guess what would have happened and how it would have finished. One thing is true though. Had it not happened and had he come out ahead then the Hamilton vs Alonso fight would never have taken place as it would have been Felipe probably in that spot instead.

Did he have a 10 secs pit stop?

#7643 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:37

very similar to china, where alonso lost to much time during the bad strategy.
the problem as already said, it is in no way compensatory if it happens to both drivers, it is just a consistent bad work, whether with the pit stop or with the strategy (not to forget, the fourth race in a row for ferrari which such mistakes).

#7644 Oho

Oho

• 7,589 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:47

Did he have a 10 secs pit stop?

At Malaysia, yes something like it, Massa stood stationary as the pit crew struggled with right front I think it was. If I correctly recall the 6 second figure stems from pit entry to pit exit time difference between the two drivers.

#7645 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:54

At Malaysia, yes something like it, Massa stood stationary as the pit crew struggled with right front I think it was. If I correctly recall the 6 second figure stems from pit entry to pit exit time difference between the two drivers.

yes massa was 6 sec longer in the box at the first stop.
massa: 29.224
alonso: 23.152
2nd stop
massa: 22.541
alonso: 23.894
3rd stop
massa: 22.893
alonso: 23.812
total time after 3 stops:
massa: 1.14.658
alonso: 1.10.858
(best time after three stops: ms: 1.07.064)

alonso also had a fourth stop:
alonso: 27.182
total time for alonso:

lookhere

Edited by YellowHelmet, 18 April 2011 - 10:56.

#7646 yr

yr

• 5,965 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:11

yes massa was 6 sec longer in the box at the first stop.
massa: 29.224
alonso: 23.152
2nd stop
massa: 22.541
alonso: 23.894
3rd stop
massa: 22.893
alonso: 23.812
total time after 3 stops:
massa: 1.14.658
alonso: 1.10.858
(best time after three stops: ms: 1.07.064)

alonso also had a fourth stop:
alonso: 27.182
total time for alonso:

lookhere

But those 6 seconds in first stop meant that Massa dropped behind several drivers who were slower and thus it ruined his race. Counting total times of pitstops is useless. Weren´t you the one who has complained all over this BB that Alonsos race in China was ruined by him stucking behind MS after pitting and losing time there? Why cant you see that Massa suffered exactly the same thing in Malaysia?

Edited by yr, 18 April 2011 - 11:12.

#7647 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:14

But those 6 seconds in first stop meant that Massa dropped behind several drivers who were slower and thus it ruined his race. Counting total times of pitstops is useless. Weren´t you the one who has complained all over this BB that Alonsos race in China was ruined by him stucking behind MS after pitting and losing time there? Why cant you see that Massa suffered exactly the same thing in Malaysia?

i never said that, plz show me where i said or suggested anything like that :mad:

there was just a question by a user and an answer by an other to that question and i just showed the facts.
and it is true that massas race was screwed by the first stop in malaysia, never said anything against that.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 18 April 2011 - 11:15.

#7648 yr

yr

• 5,965 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:19

i never said that, plz show me where i said or suggested anything like that :mad:

there was just a question by a user and an answer by an other to that question and i just showed the facts.
and it is true that massas race was screwed by the first stop in malaysia, never said anything against that.

Ok, sorry then. I just got the impression that you felt like Massas race wasnt compromised in Malaysia because you posted full pitstop times of Massa and Alonso from there. My bad.

#7649 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:23

Ok, sorry then. I just got the impression that you felt like Massas race wasnt compromised in Malaysia because you posted full pitstop times of Massa and Alonso from there. My bad.

okay :smoking: :up:

#7650 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,786 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 13:00

For those who can read spanish: http://www.efeameric...-defensivo.html

Briatore supporting Alonso and some italian press saying that Alonso is demotivated and disappointed, there is no sign of the fighter.