Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#7701 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:58

Really? so who's seat is it that Santander is going to buy off next? Vettel's?

:stoned: you really think that a driver like Alonso has to buy a seat?? He will stay with Ferrari & he will be successful. he will not go to the 'limoteam'......

Edited by puxanando, 25 April 2011 - 22:10.

Advertisement

#7702 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:11

There aren't that many drivers left who are not owned by Santander

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7703 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:29

Look at Domenicali and Luca's affection towards Alonso. You think he is there only because of Santander? Do you even understand F1?

#7704 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:39

Alonso also would had become the Ferrari seat without Santander, you may believe or not.

Edited by Gareth, 26 April 2011 - 11:25.

#7705 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 14:29

Alonso also would had become the Ferrari seat without Santander, you may believe or not.

Possibly.....but probably not a year earlier as it happened. Funny enough, had Fernando waited 1 year he might have seen RBR's firepower and decided to go with RBR instead of Ferrari, so, maybe, maybe not. But his loss is Vettel's gain I guess :)

#7706 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 15:15

OK...Alonso needs to work on his starts.

#7707 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 15:29

OK...Alonso needs to work on his starts.

I agree. Mastah made a very good recap of his latest starts on the previous page. I never noticed this before but I am surprised that a driver of Alonsos caliper have these problems. Maybe the Renault days of 05-06 spoiled him. Or he is just more cautious and gambles on making progress throughout the race instead. You can say many things about Fernando but he is a very fair racer when wheel to wheel. You dont see him doing any Webber block/chops or stuff like that.

#7708 revmeister

revmeister

• 213 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 17:01

I agree. Mastah made a very good recap of his latest starts on the previous page. I never noticed this before but I am surprised that a driver of Alonsos caliper have these problems. Maybe the Renault days of 05-06 spoiled him. Or he is just more cautious and gambles on making progress throughout the race instead. You can say many things about Fernando but he is a very fair racer when wheel to wheel. You dont see him doing any Webber block/chops or stuff like that.

I think he knows that you can not win the race at the start, but you can certainly lose it. The championship is long, and it is important to get what points you can, especially when the car is not competitive.

#7709 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,048 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 17:32

Maybe Alonso starts aren't great but i think nowadays with the tires and DRS (when it works properly!!) if your car has the speed and provided you make the correct call on strategy track position is far less important than before, of course it does help if you can get be near the front from the off.

Also i will say that despite all the things that are said about nando i've never (from memory, i could be wrong) seen him push someone off track or go past the line fairness when fighting for position, he is hard but fair and that seems to get over looked by the media somewhat, as far as they are concerned he is some kind of dangerous, unfair, must win at all costs driver when he really isn't. (except maybe when Felipe is infront of him  ;) )

#7710 as65p

as65p

• 17,301 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:20

BTW Watkins74, I'd be interested to hear your opinion as to what area Alonso should work on, as a driver.

:cat:

#7711 ZZei

ZZei

• 419 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:32

Alonso indeed hasnt have any mindblowing starts but things like that can easily change. Didnt see the last race, but it seems like massa may really challange Fernando this year. At least I hope so, I want to see some racing between the red cars too

Edited by Gareth, 26 April 2011 - 19:20.

#7712 as65p

as65p

• 17,301 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:36

Alonso indeed hasnt have any mindblowing starts but things like that can easily change. Didnt see the last race, but it seems like massa may really challange Fernando this year. At least I hope so, I want to see some racing between the red cars too

The starting thing is a bit of a mystery to me, nonetheless it's there. Maybe Alonso should start working on it, just a thought... ;)

Other than that, I think Massas alleged challenge is a fluke, aided by (relative) luck and circumstance. Time will tell.

#7713 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:38

BTW, I'd be interested to hear your opinion as to what area Alonso should work on, as a driver.

:cat:

He has been inconsistent in my opinion. I thought he made way to many mistakes in the first half of 2010. The second half I thought he drove wonderfully.

Even though the season is long, every race counts and you can't make the mistakes he made last year and give away all those points. The competition is to close now. This year is a little tough to figure out with the pace of the car and the tire situation. However he has finished lower than he qualified in all three races....mostly due to his starts.

I think he is an incredibly talented driver and there is none better, although there is one, possibly two equal.

I know Red Bull almost shot themselves in the foot last year even with their wonder car but I think Fernando could have gotten the WDC if he had less mistakes. He would have been a 3 time winner compared to Hamiltons 1 and Vettels 0. That would have given him a big edge over the drivers of his era. Others may disagree (I know they do) but at the end of the day wins and Championships count.

Any questions? :D

#7714 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:39

.... but it seems like massa may really challange Fernando this year.

It's too early to say this; I think Alonso will come back stronger the next races. But its really good that Massa drive better this year!

#7715 as65p

as65p

• 17,301 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:43

He has been inconsistent in my opinion. I thought he made way to many mistakes in the first half of 2010. The second half I thought he drove wonderfully.

Even though the season is long, every race counts and you can't make the mistakes he made last year and give away all those points. The competition is to close now. This year is a little tough to figure out with the pace of the car and the tire situation. However he has finished lower than he qualified in all three races....mostly due to his starts.

I think he is an incredibly talented driver and there is none better, although there is one, possibly two equal.

I know Red Bull almost shot themselves in the foot last year even with their wonder car but I think Fernando could have gotten the WDC if he had less mistakes. He would have been a 3 time winner compared to Hamiltons 1 and Vettels 0. That would have given him a big edge over the drivers of his era. Others may disagree (I know they do) but at the end of the day wins and Championships count.

I never expected a genuine answer, but thanks. :D

Oh, and I completely agree with your points! :up:

#7716 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:46

I never expected a genuine answer, but thanks. :D

Oh, and I completely agree with your points! :up:

Ouch....so I never give genuine answers? :(

#7717 as65p

as65p

• 17,301 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:49

Ouch....so I never give genuine answers? :(

No.

I simply thought we were just joking with the start issue, that's why I didn't expect serious content... All good! :wave:

#7718 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 19:22

Some posts have been deleted and/or edited. This isn't the thread to keep going over the decision to replace Raikkonen with Alonso. There are other threads for that.

#7719 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 19:32

Thanks dude, that's a brilliant post. I nominate you for the Best Poster of The Year award :up:

I agree that Alonso has been inconsistent. This in no way means that he isn't deserving of Ferrari though. Ferrari is lucky to have him.

I don't have any questions this time.

Advertisement

#7720 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:35

Ferrari is lucky to have him.

:up: :up: more than clear!! And he will do a good job - I'm sure!!

Greatings from 'LaLa land' :cool:

#7721 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:32

I agree. Mastah made a very good recap of his latest starts on the previous page. I never noticed this before but I am surprised that a driver of Alonsos caliper have these problems.

So now we know the reason. Alonso's problems are attributed to sticky brakes at the start! :p

#7722 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:01

So now we know the reason. Alonso's problems are attributed to sticky brakes at the start! :p

:lol: I seem to have unknowingly revealed the problem :p

#7723 metz

metz

• 9,723 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:31

Also i will say that despite all the things that are said about nando i've never (from memory, i could be wrong) seen him push someone off track or go past the line fairness when fighting for position, he is hard but fair and that seems to get over looked by the media somewhat,

David Coulthard would disagree with that, after Nurburgring 2003. :mad:
But then, David is consideredmedia now... ;)

#7724 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:01

you are talking about the so called brake test, or in other words, the lost of talent of dc.

Alonso is surely one of the most fair drivers in race-conditions, that has ever driven in f1 (we are talking about the top guys).

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 April 2011 - 11:02.

#7725 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:02

DC just found something to moan about that time. Renault offered to show Alonso's telemetry which proved that he braked at the same point for the past few laps.

you are talking about the so called brake test, or in other words, the lost of talent of dc.

Alonso is surely one of the most fair drivers in race-conditions, that has ever driven in f1 (we are talking about the top guys).

#7726 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,320 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 13:11

It´s quite sad some people can´t see their idol´s mistakes, even when they are THAT evident. Not gonna dare to say if he brake tested or not, only he knows, but everyone can see his steering input was stupid for someone being chased. He had all the straight to go defensive, and waited to do it inches before the braking zone.

He´s not dirty, but he´s far from being "one of the most fair drivers", surely harrasing slow people in FP drops you out of that categorie.

#7727 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,062 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 14:06

It´s quite sad some people can´t see their idol´s mistakes, even when they are THAT evident. .

yes...evidently david coulthards mistake.

#7728 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,977 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:11

Fernando is faster than you...poor Massa.

#7729 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:18

But then, David is consideredmedia now...;)

:up: Good you have to go back in time 8 years to find a track incident. What did Alonso's telemetry said? I bet David did not want to see it as he may have to show his as well... :D

#7730 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:39

Yeah right!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#7731 Goron3

Goron3

• 623 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:53

Yeah right!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Huh? That had nothing to do with the post you replied to. He didn't shove lewis off the road did he? or massa? lol.

On the road he's incredibly fair actually, probably above Lewis and on the complete other end of the spectrum to someone like Schumacher. I remember a few instances when he's been passed and he's dealt with it with a very mature head, similar to someone like Jenson. The only bad example I remember is the European GP of 2007 when him and Massa diced it out on the final laps, but someone will probably correct me and say Massa turned into him? I can't remember the details exactly.

#7732 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:02

He got mad at Renault because his team-mate was running ahead of him, he got mad at McLaren because his team-mate was running ahead of him, he got mad at Ferrari because his team-mate was running ahead of him, he celebrated his win in Singapore 2008 in which his team cheated, more specifically he celebrated it after we learned they cheated, hmm, yeah right, a fair racer... :well:

He has very aggressively attacked at least two of his F1 teams, Renault and McLaren, for not supporting him. I have to say if I had worked in those teams in those times I'd have been very pissed off at him for attacking the team publicly like he did. There were what, about a 1,000 people working to get success for the team and then this guy comes out in the public to attack them as a team. I wouldn't exactly feel good to work overtime to get him some more wins after such an attack. I would guess Briatore protected him at Renault but at McLaren he had no such friend who would proverbially-speaking come to change his diapers every night and give him a massage to top it off.

He's certainly not the dirtiest driver on-track that I've seen, but his way of going about the sport in general does not suggest to me that he wants things to be fair. I'm sure if you ask him he will say he wants fair racing and equal treatment between team-mates and so forth. But words only mean so much, your actions over a longer period of time are what we look at when we judge you as a person and as a racing driver.

Edited by Anssi, 27 April 2011 - 18:12.

#7733 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:18

Huh? That had nothing to do with the post you replied to. He didn't shove lewis off the road did he? or massa? lol.

On the road he's incredibly fair actually, probably above Lewis and on the complete other end of the spectrum to someone like Schumacher. I remember a few instances when he's been passed and he's dealt with it with a very mature head, similar to someone like Jenson. The only bad example I remember is the European GP of 2007 when him and Massa diced it out on the final laps, but someone will probably correct me and say Massa turned into him? I can't remember the details exactly.

So according to you, Hungary 2007, in 2006 he and Klien braking testing incident, whining and fist waving he does every race and asking Massa to move over are all fair on road!
Great to know a fair *cough fan boy cough * fan

#7734 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,062 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:29

He got mad at Renault because his team-mate was running ahead of him, he got mad at McLaren because his team-mate was running ahead of him, he got mad at Ferrari because his team-mate was running ahead of him, he celebrated his win in Singapore 2008 in which his team cheated, more specifically he celebrated it after we learned they cheated, hmm, yeah right, a fair racer... :well:

the words from mr. montoya after imola 2004 are crossing my mind...

#7735 topical

topical

• 2,098 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:31

Yes, Massa turned in on him. Massa is also not a dirty driver but in this clip from overhead it really almost looks as if he tried to ram him off the road Schumacher style. Certainly Alonso was the innocent party here:

#7736 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 19:09

As a Ferrari fan, I like the fact that Alonso radioed Ferrari to warn them he is faster. I prefer this over him trying to fight Massa and both of them crashing out leaving everyone at Ferrari egg-faced and with zero points. Also, If a faster Massa is ahead of a turtle slow Alonso I would expect Alonso to yield. It is a cold brain decision, but leaving emotional feelings aside it is the best choice for both drivers and the team. I totally understand the frustration from fans of other teams and driver fans on missing out both Ferrari cars getting DNFs to the benefit of their own.

#7737 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 19:10

the words from mr. montoya after imola 2004 are crossing my mind...

Not quite. Here you are

With Renault
Canada 05

McLaren
Indy 07

Ferrari
This is ridiculous

Singapore
Alonso defends singapore 08

I'm not saying that he is a dirty driver on track (I agree with Anssi) but his record of pressuring his team to make his teammate yield seems to get bigger by the year.
I leave it to you to decide if that's fair or not.

#7738 yr

yr

• 5,969 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 19:11

"Incredibly fair" driver in action:

:lol:

Edited by yr, 27 April 2011 - 19:13.

#7739 kryziuotis

kryziuotis

• 132 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 19:18

He's certainly not the dirtiest driver on-track that I've seen, but his way of going about the sport in general does not suggest to me that he wants things to be fair. I'm sure if you ask him he will say he wants fair racing and equal treatment between team-mates and so forth.

You see, it's a fact that Alonso is fair on the track - you can simply count the incidents and get a result. And everything else you said it's just your speculation - you don't know what he really thinks. You obviously don't like him, so perceive him as a villain in every situation. Somebody else could paint Alonso as a victim in all these situations and you couldn't prove otherwise. So the only hard fact we have that he is fair on the track. And it suggests that maybe your perception is wrong because its very unlikely that such a bad person suddenly changes when he is on the track.

Advertisement

#7740 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 19:39

I call it as I see it, tough luck... I agree that Alonso isn't a dirty driver on-track, as I already said, but his general attitude doesn't make me think of him as a 'clean' and 'fair' competitor.

Alonso is one of the few drivers in F1 in the past few years and this year too who I trust to fight hard on the track and not make a mess out of it too often. In this respect yes he's quite a clean racer and I appreciate that. But his attitude is certainly not clean and there is plenty of evidence to support this opinion.

#7741 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,943 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 19:48

He doesn't punch reporters in the face... ;) But I digress.

#7742 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,753 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:10

I call it as I see it, tough luck... I agree that Alonso isn't a dirty driver on-track, as I already said, but his general attitude doesn't make me think of him as a 'clean' and 'fair' competitor.

Alonso is one of the few drivers in F1 in the past few years and this year too who I trust to fight hard on the track and not make a mess out of it too often. In this respect yes he's quite a clean racer and I appreciate that. But his attitude is certainly not clean and there is plenty of evidence to support this opinion.

Like knocking over little kids and pushing over photographers?

edit: Oh wait.....that was another driver. My apologies.

Edited by Watkins74, 27 April 2011 - 20:12.

#7743 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,072 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:10

He has very aggressively attacked at least two of his F1 teams, Renault and McLaren, for not supporting him. I have to say if I had worked in those teams in those times I'd have been very pissed off at him for attacking the team publicly like he did. There were what, about a 1,000 people working to get success for the team and then this guy comes out in the public to attack them as a team. I wouldn't exactly feel good to work overtime to get him some more wins after such an attack. I would guess Briatore protected him at Renault but at McLaren he had no such friend who would proverbially-speaking come to change his diapers every night and give him a massage to top it off.

He's certainly not the dirtiest driver on-track that I've seen, but his way of going about the sport in general does not suggest to me that he wants things to be fair. I'm sure if you ask him he will say he wants fair racing and equal treatment between team-mates and so forth. But words only mean so much, your actions over a longer period of time are what we look at when we judge you as a person and as a racing driver.

I keep on reading about Alonso agressively attacking Renault... could you actually explain what did he say that was so terrible? Because it seems to me that this is the typical thing that people believe because they have heard someone say it before, but I would like to know what it is based on.

Edit: After the 2006 Chinese GP, when asked by the Spanish press if people in Renault were happy about the result despite him losing the WDC leadership, Alonso said:"I am sure that they are and they openly said so. For the team the constructors' ttle is more important than the drivers' title. And since I am leaving the team I don't know how interested they would be in me taking the #1 to McLaren" "It looks like the team is thinking more in the WCC than in my WDC. They prefer a second and third positions to other things. They saw 14 points and they do not care about which order the two cars have." To be honest, that may be not too nice, but I fail to see why should Alonso be crucified by it - I have heard worse from other drivers and nobody seem to blame them for dissing their teams.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 27 April 2011 - 20:23.

#7744 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,320 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:19

I keep on reading about Alonso agressively attacking Renault... could you actually explain what did he say that was so terrible? Because it seems to me that this is the typical thing that people believe because they have heard someone say it before, but I would like to know what it is based on.

"Renault don´t want me to win the championship".

#7745 Goron3

Goron3

• 623 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:24

So according to you, Hungary 2007, in 2006 he and Klien braking testing incident, whining and fist waving he does every race and asking Massa to move over are all fair on road!
Great to know a fair *cough fan boy cough * fan

I'm not an Alonso fan, I'm mainly a Kobayashi/Sauber guy. Quite prone to Mercedes too as I live next to Brackley. No need for a 'fan boy' comment. Cheers.

Erm, Alonso hasn't asked Massa to move over, the only exception was in 2010 Germany when Felipe had no chance of winning the title and ended up ahead of Alonso due to a good start. Massa has been ahead of Alonso a few times and cost Alonso time or at least having an affect on strategy (Australia 10, Australia 11 and the most recent Chinese grand prix).

Hungary 07? I'm assuming you're referring to the pit lane incident? Well, given it was Alonso's turn to get the final Q3 run and Lewis was the one who initially broke the team orders, you can't really blame it totally on him. They both acted childish but at least Alonso can argue he was obeying the team by waiting until the last moment to leave the pitlane. If you actually go back and watch that session I think he grabbed pole so it would've worked.

Don't get me wrong, Alonso can be a massive jerk and I'm not a massive fan, but you have to remember he has spanish blood in him and they are always fiery characters. And tbf as much as I love Robert Kubica (one of the best on the grid i reckon), I wish he showed some character like Alonso does.

Also to whoever posted the dourboos practice incident; this happens EVERY practice session and MOST drivers make a gesture to a driver who slows them down. If you watch that whole lap before hand Alonso had every right to get annoyed. Every driver does it, that's like getting annoyed at a footballer when he gets complained of getting fouled lol.

#7746 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,072 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:24

"Renault don´t want me to win the championship".

Please see my edited comment above. It would seem that the sentence you quoted is not Alonso's. And that is precisely my question, what did Alonso really said and what have we read other people say Alonso said?

Edited by Fontainebleau, 27 April 2011 - 20:25.

#7747 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,753 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:27

I'm not an Alonso fan, I'm mainly a Kobayashi/Sauber guy. Quite prone to Mercedes too as I live next to Brackley. No need for a 'fan boy' comment. Cheers.

Erm, Alonso hasn't asked Massa to move over, the only exception was in 2010 Germany when Felipe had no chance of winning the title and ended up ahead of Alonso due to a good start. Massa has been ahead of Alonso a few times and cost Alonso time or at least having an affect on strategy (Australia 10, Australia 11 and the most recent Chinese grand prix).

Hungary 07? I'm assuming you're referring to the pit lane incident? Well, given it was Alonso's turn to get the final Q3 run and Lewis was the one who initially broke the team orders, you can't really blame it totally on him. They both acted childish but at least Alonso can argue he was obeying the team by waiting until the last moment to leave the pitlane. If you actually go back and watch that session I think he grabbed pole so it would've worked.

Don't get me wrong, Alonso can be a massive jerk and I'm not a massive fan, but you have to remember he has spanish blood in him and they are always fiery characters. And tbf as much as I love Robert Kubica (one of the best on the grid i reckon), I wish he showed some character like Alonso does.

Also to whoever posted the dourboos practice incident; this happens EVERY practice session and MOST drivers make a gesture to a driver who slows them down. If you watch that whole lap before hand Alonso had every right to get annoyed. Every driver does it, that's like getting annoyed at a footballer when he gets complained of getting fouled lol.

:up:
Very fair post. I see you're pretty new here. Welcome.

#7748 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:28

Edit: After the 2006 Chinese GP, when asked by the Spanish press if people in Renault were happy about the result despite him losing the WDC leadership, Alonso said:"I am sure that they are and they openly said so. For the team the constructors' ttle is more important than the drivers' title. And since I am leaving the team I don't know how interested they would be in me taking the #1 to McLaren" "It looks like the team is thinking more in the WCC than in my WDC. They prefer a second and third positions to other things. They saw 14 points and they do not care about which order the two cars have." To be honest, that may be not too nice, but I fail to see why should Alonso be crucified by it - I have heard worse from other drivers and nobody seem to blame them for dissing their teams.

You haven't learned a thing. Internet rumors on Alonso by the British F1 media are facts. You know the 1000 or so employees at Renault rage in anger every time they enter the factory and see those four ugly championship throphies Alonso dumped on them.

#7749 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:38

What you posted as Alonso's words is in my opinion an aggressive attack against his team. As a team owner - or even as a cleaning person at the factory - I would be pretty pissed off at him for saying such things in public. That's not what a good team player should be doing. He has proverbially stabbed his team in the back several times by now and I think you can't blame me for saying that's a bad attitude from him.

Alonso is a great racer and he's obviously very talented. No one here is denying that. But sometimes this nasty side of him bursts out and that's what I am commenting on here, that he has this nasty attitude that pops up every once in a while and I wouldn't tolerate it if it were my team and apparently neither did Ron Dennis.

#7750 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,249 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:46

Please see my edited comment above. It would seem that the sentence you quoted is not Alonso's. And that is precisely my question, what did Alonso really said and what have we read other people say Alonso said?

From July 3rd, 2006:

Se le inquirió a Alonso sobre la sensación de que no se ha establecido en Renault una estrategia conjunta para que él pueda repetir el título. "No quiero hablar mucho sobre eso pero es cierto que me siento sólo en esa lucha por el título. Fisichella me ayuda poco".

http://www.elpais.co...lpepidep_22/Tes