• 2,702 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:49

Great drive by alonso :up:

Advertisement

#9352 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:04

Is he fast or what? First time in the lead with a competitive car and... did he win dude? Did he!? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Totally deserved after so many great performances... it was the minimum. Di Stefano had a face of relief... Now let's go get some more! :)

Also good day for Hamilton. Happy to see him back doing great overtakes. Aggressive, fast, not flawless, but always spectacular.

#9353 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:07

Excellent race by Fernando - Fast when he needed to be.

Watching the race, I actually wasn't concerned when he fell behind hamilton - I was sure that Fernando's better conservation of tyres would allow him in the long term to re-take. At the time, I seriously thought that the best possible result for him was second.it was good to see FA hold onto Hamilton and then re-take him - the pit-stop that put him in the lead though (rough on Red Bull) was a real surprise - FA must have pumped in some fast laps toadvance past not only Vettel but also MW.

Great race - this is why Ferrari hire fernando - I don't think there's another driver who could have done the same in his car today.... - well - Maybe Vettel.....

#9354 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,046 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:08

Gratz Alonso. :up:

#9355 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:23

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Alonso is a driver in a mould (and the situation) of Schumacher 1996-2000...fighting agains faster cars and outperforming their drivers!
As much as I (as a Ferrari fan) enjoyed the years of Schumacher's dominance, victories as those in last two years are exceptionally sweet!

#9356 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,644 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:29

Fernando looks mentally in the right place, calm and rational, yet aggressive when neccessary.

#9357 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:34

Will Alonso say after today that F1 is not a sport like at Monza few years back?

Fernando's success hurts Johnrambo incredibly strongly every time and that makes my day twice as good :wave:

Edited by DrewishPrince, 10 July 2011 - 15:35.

#9358 joshb

joshb

• 3,336 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:34

Congrats alonso. Had the genuine pace all weekend, took his opportunities and well deserved.
Even without Vettels stop, I think he would probably have got him at some stage

#9359 igoru

igoru

• 142 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:35

Grande Alonso! Fast, consistent, smart, mature driver! No finger needed

Advertisement

#9360 man

man

• 1,302 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:38

Excellent drive, couldn't have done it better myself.

#9361 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 15:56

Excellent drive, couldn't have done it better myself.

You are far too modest!  ;) :D

#9362 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,362 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:02

Alonso is like a prophet, Silverstone his temple where last year, he predicted he would be in the championship hunt by the end and he was. This season, he says it's crunch time for his title chances and goes and wins.

#9363 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,954 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:16

Will Alonso say after today that F1 is not a sport like at Monza few years back?

dry yer eyes. and save fuel! :rotfl:

#9364 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,954 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:17

level with the great Sir Jackie Stewart in wins now. brilliant.

#9365 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,068 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:19

I love it when Hamilton and Alonso do battle on the track! Great over taking by both drivers. Alonso deserves the victory, a brilliant performance.

#9366 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,068 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:20

Alonso is like a prophet, Silverstone his temple where last year, he predicted he would be in the championship hunt by the end and he was. This season, he says it's crunch time for his title chances and goes and wins.

He does seem to offer a pretty accurate opinion on most matters but I really can't see him winning the WDC this year, the gap is far greater

Edited by Olly F1, 10 July 2011 - 16:21.

#9367 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:24

Posted Image

:love:

#9368 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:26

You are far too modest! ;) :D

:rotfl: Skadoosh!

#9369 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,362 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:27

He does seem to offer a pretty accurate opinion on most matters but I really can't see him winning the WDC this year, the gap is far greater

I agree.

#9370 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,068 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:27

Posted Image

Massa is enjoying himself...

#9371 NateF

NateF

• 1,066 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:28

Posted Image

Why can't they pose with the proper trophy instead of the turd

#9372 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:30

Well, a win is a win, but nobody can deny that there´s nothing more pathetic than winning because FIA changes the rules in the middle of the season just to spice up the WDC battle and you are the one who benefits from that.

All in all, this "win" was about as deserved as if winners teammate had crashed purposely in order to bring in SC so that his teammate could win by his weird strategy (oh yeah, we have seen that too) . Pathetic job by FIA, artificial racing and manipulating the real order of teams which is formed by doing better job in winter is disgusting.

Edited by yr, 10 July 2011 - 16:32.

#9373 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:32

Posted Image

:up: :up: :up:

(Massa seems a bit downbeat. Poor chap, it was his best chance up to now)

#9374 topical

topical

• 2,293 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:34

Well, a win is a win, but nobody can deny that there´s nothing more pathetic than winning because FIA changes the rules in the middle of the season just to spice up the WDC battle and you are the one who benefits from that.

All in all, this "win" was about as deserved as if winners teammate had crashed purposely in order to bring in SC so that his teammate could win by his weird strategy (oh yeah, we have seen that too) . Pathetic job by FIA, artificial racing and manipulating the real order of teams which is formed by doing better job in winter is disgusting.

Keep drinking that potion. It gets less bitter as it goes on. ;)

#9375 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:35

Had anyone but Alonso won, you would be praising the wise FIA :)
I don't remember complaints from you when Kimi cheated his ways at Spa 2009.

Edited by DrewishPrince, 10 July 2011 - 16:36.

#9376 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:37

I remember him saying he would win it. He didn't, therefore he was wrong.

#9377 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:37

Awwww, poor you. Grapes?

#9378 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 16:50

Awwww, poor you. Grapes?

Nope. its just that Im not a fan of manipulated results. :wave:

Let me put it this way: if it was the same situation in points, but it was Ferrari who had developed best exhaust over-run system (and they were still as much behind as they are now) would you think FIA would suddenly decided to change rules and thus put RedBull even futher ahead? Honest answer, please. Yeah, thats what I thought.

What next? Extra-ballast, say 10 kilos for WDC leader? Reversed grids? :rolleyes:

#9379 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:16

Let me put it this way: if it was the same situation in points, but it was Ferrari who had developed best exhaust over-run system (and they were still as much behind as they are now) would you think FIA would suddenly decided to change rules and thus put RedBull even futher ahead? Honest answer, please. Yeah, thats what I thought.

What next? Extra-ballast, say 10 kilos for WDC leader? Reversed grids? :rolleyes:

My honest answer is that you discuss it directly with the FIA instead of coming to this thread to cry over it, as if Ferrari was behind every single shit that hits the fan. Seriously, give it a rest. They won today fair and square and they deserve it just as much as any other team :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Kohque, 10 July 2011 - 17:16.

Advertisement

#9380 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:22

My honest answer is that you discuss it directly with the FIA instead of coming to this thread to cry over it, as if Ferrari was behind every single shit that hits the fan. Seriously, give it a rest. They won today fair and square and they deserve it just as much as any other team :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ok, they won it fair and square - in a way that GP2 sunday race winner wins because he starts from pole because he couldnt do better than 8th in a real race on saturday. But yeah, a win is a win, no matter how much manipulation is involved. :lol:

#9381 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:30

Ok, they won it fair and square - in a way that GP2 sunday race winner wins because he starts from pole because he couldnt do better than 8th in a real race on saturday. But yeah, a win is a win, no matter how much manipulation is involved. :lol:

Yeah, dude, great analogy. I am almost interested about it... But what can I say, I am so happy Ferrari won today that I really don't have time for your never ending moaning. But keep going, it is good to let it out :p

#9382 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,120 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:35

Kimi is that you? Missing F1 hun? :wave:

#9383 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 521 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:43

Ferrari have said it was more their update package than the result of the ban, and they did bring a large update to Silverstone. If the ban hadn't have happened would the result be the same? I'd say it would be a possibility simply because Ferrari have moved forward at every race this year.

If I were to guess I'd say it was 75% update and 25% exhaust ban.

#9384 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:46

Yeah, dude, great analogy. I am almost interested about it... But what can I say, I am so happy Ferrari won today that I really don't have time for your never ending moaning. But keep going, it is good to let it out :p

Well, its not so serious, its just a sport (and a very controversial one if I may add), so just enjoy your guy doing well today. :wave:

Edited by yr, 10 July 2011 - 17:48.

#9385 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:51

Ferrari have said it was more their update package than the result of the ban...

Well, what would you expect them to say? "Thanks FIA, we were never going to be anywhere with our updates, so big thanks to you guys for getting us back into competition"?

#9386 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 18:09

Well, what would you expect them to say? "Thanks FIA, we were never going to be anywhere with our updates, so big thanks to you guys for getting us back into competition"?

Discussing this matter is a bit pointless when we are going to see in the next couple of races how much has Ferrari improved.

#9387 Atic Atac

Atic Atac

• 328 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 18:11

Or they would say "thx fia for banning an illegal system after only 1,5 years". LOL

#9388 Showty

Showty

• 1,287 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 18:14

I remember him saying he would win it. He didn't, therefore he was wrong.

True, he´s not a prophet, thanks for the info. :rotfl: :rotfl:

#9389 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 343 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 18:16

great job from team point of view. Well deserved!!

#9390 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 19:01

Or they would say "thx fia for banning an illegal system after only 1,5 years". LOL

It never was illegal system, where in hell did you get that from? All cars are examined under the microscope before season starts, all of the cars were legal. The fact that FIA suddenly came up with new rules in the middle of the season just to make Ferrari more competitive, doesn´t mean that all cars of the grid were illegal before this race.

#9391 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 1,748 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 19:10

It's a bit sad a truly great drive like todays gets so little recognition because of all the controversy with diffusers and teamorders.

Edited by DarthWillie, 10 July 2011 - 19:12.

#9392 RiDE

RiDE

• 1,026 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 19:29

Great drive by Alonso. I'll be very surprised if he closes the gap like he did last season though. If Vettel's not winning he's either 2nd or 3rd.

It never was illegal system, where in hell did you get that from? All cars are examined under the microscope before season starts, all of the cars were legal. The fact that FIA suddenly came up with new rules in the middle of the season just to make Ferrari more competitive, doesn´t mean that all cars of the grid were illegal before this race.

I don't think Williams would ask clarification on a perfectly 'legal system' back in May.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/91617

Here is the discussion on the issue.

#9393 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,452 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 19:49

That string of laps after Hamilton pit for the second time as well as after his own second stop was a real treat. I was following live timing and he was setting purple after purple.

Fantastic drive today.

#9394 Flamini

Flamini

• 843 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 19:54

Alonso's win at Silverstone in the Ferrari.

Priceless feeling :up:

#9395 bl-f1

bl-f1

• 1,087 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 20:33

Posts like this make Alonso's performance today and the fantastic result soooo much sweeter. :rotfl:

#9396 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 20:42

Posted Image

#9397 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,326 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 22:05

That string of laps after Hamilton pit for the second time as well as after his own second stop was a real treat. I was following live timing and he was setting purple after purple.

Fantastic drive today.

Schumacher esque in its sheer relentless, punishing nature. Easily the most solid performance of the season by anyone.

#9398 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 22:15

Schumacher esque in its sheer relentless, punishing nature. Easily the most solid performance of the season by anyone.

Those laps reminded me on Schumacher's Canada or Hungary 1998 wins.

#9399 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,520 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 22:24

agree , really enjoyed it

Advertisement

#9400 albertini

albertini

• 225 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 22:34

Alonso loses the truck of driver´s parade

lol :rotfl: