Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#9501 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 21:53

If I am not mistaken, people think that you are very wrong in trying to use that evaluation as proof that Stella might be hinting that Raikkonen is better than Alonso.

I am not saying that this proves Stella considering Kimi better than MS or FA, just saying that when you list his opinions in a nutshell, you should see that he appreciate all three drivers (unlike most people in this BB), and it certainly seems like he doesnt want to make one or another of them to stand out.

Advertisement

#9502 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,931 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 21:53

Have you considered that maybe you are wrong in thinking that Ferrari is bent on talking up Alonso? That when they praise him they are sincere? That Ferrari as a team respects its own history, rather than badmouthing previous drivers? And, finally, that Stella has had a personal relationship with the three guys he was asked about, and may simply like all of them?

When asked who was the world's best driver, Domenicalli said Schumacher. Should we read that he is going to fire Alonso anytime soon?;)

Exactly. I was surprised that he said as much, to be honest.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 17 July 2011 - 21:54.

#9503 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,931 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 21:57

Ok, so here is evaluates in a nutshell for KR/MS/FA:

MS: Natural talent, persistent, analytical.
FA: Technically very well prepared, mentally strong, analytical, intuitive.
KR: Best in particular circumstances, very intuitive.

So excuse me, if I dont see where I am going so wrong that I am embarrassing myself.

Because apparently you cannot perceive the general tone of a text beyond the plain expressed facts. In colloquial use this condition is often kn own as "cannot read".

I am not saying that this proves Stella considering Kimi better than MS or FA, just saying that when you list his opinions in a nutshell, you should see that he appreciate all three drivers (unlike most people in this BB), and it certainly seems like he doesnt want to make one or another of them to stand out.

For the record, I do think Kimi was very, very good, and it does not at all surprise me that Stella says as much. I also may agree that Stella did not want to make either of the three stand out. It's hard to interpret this in any way since obviously due to Stella's personal relationships with all three, this is to be expected in any case.

Edit: But you constructing Kimi's case by insisting that Stella did not use the word "best" to describe MS of FA just makes no sense.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 17 July 2011 - 22:07.

#9504 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:01

Interestingly, Santander's key market is not Spain, but Brazil

:cat: thats true!

#9505 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:02

Yea, clearly Ferrari would be in serious trouble without Santander's money. :rolleyes:

Of all the teams in F1, Ferrari is the one which has no difficulties to secure sponsors, so obviously they wouldnt be in "serious trouble" without Santanders money. But, as it is in life in general, when somebody pays the bills they will have something to say too. Its not like Santander will trow 100s of millions to Ferrari and when they say "we would like to see Fernando doing well" the team would response that "shut the f@ck up, or we take our xxx millions from somebody else".

#9506 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:08

Because apparently you cannot perceive the general tone of a text beyond the plain expressed facts. In colloquial use this condition is often kn own as "cannot read".

:rolleyes:

#9507 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,931 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:08

Of all the teams in F1, Ferrari is the one which has no difficulties to secure sponsors, so obviously they wouldnt be in "serious trouble" without Santanders money. But, as it is in life in general, when somebody pays the bills they will have something to say too. Its not like Santander will trow 100s of millions to Ferrari and when they say "we would like to see Fernando doing well" the team would response that "shut the f@ck up, or we take our xxx millions from somebody else".

And that still does not give them so much sway that Ferrari would fire Kimi if they are happy with him.

#9508 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,111 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:11

And why on earth would they say that, instead of saying "we want the team to do well", which is what really interests them??? Why do you assume that just because Alonso is Spanish, the bank will bend over to make him happy? Do you really think big corporations work that way? Particularly when, as said above, Brazil and not Spain is their key market, and Alonso's teammate happens to be Brazilian.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 17 July 2011 - 22:12.

#9509 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:12

Blame him for what exactly? I don't see them blaming anybody... :confused:

That´s excatly what I read.

You´re right about the facts: Kimi didn´t perform in a solid way in Ferrari. But it´s both sides fault. Räikkönen was 5 years in Mclaren and didn´t underperform over long periods under any circumstances in VERY different cars and scenarios, but in 3 years in Ferrari he underperformed half of the time. I guess Ferrari had something to do with that, and saying that someone has a "narrow window" after 6 years of solid performances is quite stupid .

#9510 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:14

And that still does not give them so much sway that Ferrari would fire Kimi if they are happy with him.

Thats true, it would be plain stupid to bring in some mediocre driver and kick out your WDC driver even if there was a big sponsor involved. But swapping a driver for another - approximately similar level - would make a hell of lot sense if he brings in 100s of millions.

#9511 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:15

OMG. Only Pro can write so much none sense by putting no facta in Front. Kimi is extremely Quick and Fernando is very smart. They are totally different animals. Kimi got no money behind like Fernando did with Santandair at Ferrari and Kimi accepted advise from This old king. Results? Politics. F0ck it. I cheer Kimi vs Fernando in Ferrari. Much better than this drink company showing off more than what they are now. Think big.

Edited by One, 17 July 2011 - 22:18.

#9512 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:19

And why on earth would they say that, instead of saying "we want the team to do well", which is what really interests them??? Why do you assume that just because Alonso is Spanish, the bank will bend over to make him happy? Do you really think big corporations work that way? Particularly when, as said above, Brazil and not Spain is their key market, and Alonso's teammate happens to be Brazilian.

Well, why do you think Santander folowed Alonso to Mclaren, then bought a seat for him (thats right, they did that) in Ferrari? C´mon, everybody knows Santander has been backing up Alonso, there is nothing wrong with that, its part of the game. But to question whether they want to team or Alonso win is ridiculous.

#9513 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:24

I'm pretty sure Santander aren't paying Ferrari hundreds of millions of dollars, for one thing.

Two, my point was that Ferrari aren't in any desperate need of money that they'd let a sponsor order them around. If Santander wants Alonso to do well, all Ferrari have to say in response is, "Well its a good thing he's a fantastic driver!"

Three, what you're suggesting is that Ferrari are purposefully handicapping Massa to make Alonso look better, which is NOT in the best interests of the team. Considering how valuable constructors points are, I think its quite likely that Ferrari WOULD tell a sponsor to f@ck off if they demanded what you're suggesting.

Four, Massa is known to be very close with the team. Even if Alonso is proving to be the better driver and deserving of a bit of favoritism, Ferrari aren't going to completely ditch Massa from a support standpoint. He's obviously not that big of a threat to Alonso to make that sort of underhanded tactic necessary.

#9514 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,455 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:25

He also says this in his interview,

The Best Driver in History?

If we're looking at his figures, Michael Schumacher. But I think that Fernando has won a lot fewer than he deserves.

#9515 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:25

OMG. Only Pro can write so much none sense by putting no facta in Front. Kimi is extremely Quick and Fernando is very smart. They are totally different animals. Kimi got no money behind like Fernando did with Santandair at Ferrari and Kimi accepted advise from This old king. Results? Politics. F0ck it. I cheer Kimi vs Fernando in Ferrari. Much better than this drink company showing off more than what they are now. Think big.

:lol: I have no idea what you just said.

#9516 as65p

as65p

• 17,531 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:38

Well, why do you think Santander folowed Alonso to Mclaren, then bought a seat for him (thats right, they did that) in Ferrari? C´mon, everybody knows Santander has been backing up Alonso, there is nothing wrong with that, its part of the game. But to question whether they want to team or Alonso win is ridiculous.

No driver and no money would have been able to kick KR out of Ferrari if the man himself had performed consistently to the level he was expected to. THAT is the sole reason he was replaced. He wasn't hired to barely match Massa but to perform a level above, just like Alonso has done so far.

I suggest you complain to KR about it, I'm 100 percent sure in the unlikely case he'd grace you with an answer it would be a fitting one. :p

#9517 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:39

No driver and no money would have been able to kick KR out of Ferrari if the man himself had performed consistently to the level he was expected to. THAT is the sole reason he was replaced. He wasn't hired to barely match Massa but to perform a level above, just like Alonso has done so far.

I suggest you complain to KR about it, I'm 100 percent sure in the unlikely case he'd grace you with an answer it would be a fitting one. :p

:up:
Kimi's performances were disgraceful for a supposedly top driver. He simply had to leave as early as after the 2008 season. In 2007 he was sh!t as well. The WDC was as lucky as one could get, so lucky that it's impossible to say that it's been won or earned, all the circumstances were right for him, yet he trailed Massa up to the Monza race when he again came in front due to luck more than anything else. And then he had the dominant car and an obedient teammate for the last races. I am sure Ferrari took note and started to think deeply as early as 2007.

Edited by DrewishPrince, 17 July 2011 - 22:46.

#9518 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:46

:up:
Kimi's performances were disgraceful for a supposedly top driver. He ought to leave after the 2008 season. In 2007 he was not good as well. The WDC was as lucky as one could get, so lucky that it's impossible to say that it's been won or earned, all the circumstances were right for him, yet he trailed Massa up to the Monza race when he again came in front due to luck more than anything else. And then he had the dominant car and obedient teammate for the last races. I am sure Ferrari took note and started to think deeply as early as 2007.

Now now. I agree that Kimi's departure from the team was due to him not performing to expectations, but its not fair to sell him so short, either. The guy won 6 races in his championship year(2 more than anybody else) and had several mechanical retirements, while the Mclaren guys had zero between the two of them. I think somebody like Alonso would have won that WDC much more convincingly, but Kimi's WDC is quite deserved in my eyes.

Edited by Seanspeed, 17 July 2011 - 22:46.

#9519 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,111 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:46

Because thay had acquired Abbey National at the beginning of 2005 and were about to start their expansion in the UK! Alonso was a nice addition, but Santander was after McLaren - exactly like now they are after Ferrari, and Alonso is just a nice addition. And I am sorry for all those who like to present the whole deal as Santander buying Alonso a seat, but that comment just shows how little they know about how Santander does business.

I thought that all that talking about Santander following Alonso to McLaren had gone away after the bank had stayed with McLaren once Alonso left; apparently people are not willing to let it go.

As for Santander "following" and "always backing up Alonso", could you please remind me of which sponsorship did Alonso receive from Santander prior to him joining McLaren?

Edited by Fontainebleau, 17 July 2011 - 22:49.

Advertisement

#9520 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:48

Because thay had acquired Abbey National and were about to start its expansion in the UK! Alonso was a nice addition, but Santander was after McLaren - exactly like now they are after Ferrari, and Alonso is just a nice addition. And I am sorry for all those who like to present the whole deal as Santander buying Alonso a seat, but that comment just shows how little they know about how Santander does business.

I thought that all that talking about Santander following Alonso to Mclaren had gone away after the bank had stayed with Mclaren once Alonso left; apparently people are not willing to let it go.

As for Santander "always backing up Alonso", could you please remind me of which sponsorship did Alonso receive from Santander prior to him joining McLaren?

Wait a minute..........are you saying that Santander has been sponsoring the British GP because they are interested in the British market and not because they knew Alonso would eventually win the race this year?

Nonsense.

Edited by Seanspeed, 17 July 2011 - 22:48.

#9521 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:50

Now now. I agree that Kimi's departure from the team was due to him not performing to expectations, but its not fair to sell him so short, either. The guy won 6 races in his championship year(2 more than anybody else) and had several mechanical retirements, while the Mclaren guys had zero between the two of them. I think somebody like Alonso would have won that WDC much more convincingly, but Kimi's WDC is quite deserved in my eyes.

McLaren drivers fought each other bitterly. It only took one gift for each of them to give to the other, just like Massa gave to Kimi in Brazil, and Kimi would not became the WDC. Number of wins is immaterial (except for the countback), that's why we have the points system.

So, all things being equal (Massa keeping the lead in Brazil and not giving the points to his teammate, just as McLaren drivers did), Kimi performed 1 point worse than any of the McLaren drivers. Not to mention that the move in Brazil was illegal (generally I approve of team orders but Kimi fans like to criticise Alonso very much for the 2010 German GP so I may be allowed to use the same criteria).

I am sure you see my point....

Edited by DrewishPrince, 17 July 2011 - 22:54.

#9522 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,111 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:53

Wait a minute..........are you saying that Santander has been sponsoring the British GP because they are interested in the British market and not because they knew Alonso would eventually win the race this year?

Nonsense.

I knew this would come as a shock :p  ;) :)

#9523 as65p

as65p

• 17,531 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:56

This. :up:

Thanks for taking the time to write my reply to DrewishPrince ...  ;)

#9524 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 22:57

This. :up:

Thanks for taking the time to write my reply to DrewishPrince ...;)

OK, I may be harsh :) but I cannot forgive Kimi failure to win the 2008 title. The car was more than good enough and it's a great shame Ferrari was left empty handed simply because the drivers performed badly.

I also explained my problem with the 2007 season in the above post.

Edited by DrewishPrince, 17 July 2011 - 23:01.

#9525 as65p

as65p

• 17,531 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:02

OK, I may be harsh :) but I cannot forgive Kimi failure to win the 2008 title. The car was more than good enough and it's a great shame Ferrari was left empty handed simply because the drivers performed badly.

Well, 2008 was mediocre (probably more so than 2009), but I don't see the sense in devaluing 2007. His first year in the team and he managed to win lots of races and finally capitalize on McLarens blunders, what more should he have done?

#9526 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:05

I'm sorry, I must have clicked on the wrong link. I thought this was the Fernando Alonso thread.

#9527 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:12

McLaren drivers fought each other bitterly. It only took one gift for each of them to give to the other, just like Massa gave to Kimi in Brazil, and Kimi would not became the WDC. Number of wins is immaterial (except for the countback), that's why we have the points system.

So, all things being equal (Massa keeping the lead in Brazil and not giving the points to his teammate, just as McLaren drivers did), Kimi performed 1 point worse than any of the McLaren drivers. Not to mention that the move in Brazil was illegal (generally I approve of team orders but Kimi fans like to criticise Alonso very much for the 2010 German GP so I may be allowed to use the same criteria).

I am sure you see my point....

Dont be so sure!  ;)

'All things being equal' is a very tricky subject to touch upon when we talk about F1 and drivers in different teams. Using your own argument, 'all things being equal', reliability-wise and Kimi would have won by more than a point and wouldn't have needed any help from Massa in the last race!

#9528 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:13

I'm sorry, I must have clicked on the wrong link. I thought this was the Fernando Alonso thread.

Common mistake to make, dont worry.

#9529 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,948 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:14

Well, 2008 was mediocre (probably more so than 2009), but I don't see the sense in devaluing 2007. His first year in the team and he managed to win lots of races and finally capitalize on McLarens blunders, what more should he have done?

I remember kimi's win at silverstone in 07, and that was a brilliant drive.

along with China and Japan that year, these drives were sensational.

Kimi's 07 championship was well deserved. i liked kimi, and I still do now. he was a Ferrari champion, and that gets respect, no matter what.

what annoys me is that Ferrari fans like kimi, Ferrari likes kimi, so I don't get the problem? I mean what are the kimi fans main gripe? is it because he was replaced by Alonso? I'm sorry but It seemed like Kimi was going to retire at the end of 2010 anways, no matter whY his performance.
he was on more than what alonso gets, so he would have been expected to do just as good a job, if not better, but I'm afraid that everyone can see that Alonso is doing a great job there. so the decision is surely well vindicated.

#9530 as65p

as65p

• 17,531 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:22

Kimi's 07 championship was well deserved. i liked kimi, and I still do now. he was a Ferrari champion, and that gets respect, no matter what.

what annoys me is that Ferrari fans like kimi, Ferrari likes kimi, so I don't get the problem? I mean what are the kimi fans main gripe? is it because he was replaced by Alonso? I'm sorry but It seemed like Kimi was going to retire at the end of 2010 anways, no matter whY his performance.
he was on more than what alonso gets, so he would have been expected to do just as good a job, if not better, but I'm afraid that everyone can see that Alonso is doing a great job there. so the decision is surely well vindicated.

Obviously (the bolded). My guess it stems from the expectations building up 2003 to 2005 for either KR or FA becoming the Schumacher-beater, and then as it happened this glory went to Alonso. A certain percentage of KR fans never recovered from that blow and then of course the way KR had to leave turned Alonso into evil incarnate for good  ;)

#9531 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 23:34

The problem is that Kimi used to be considered 'the fastest man in F1'. He was a bonafide top-tier driver along with Schumi and Alonso. Or so we thought! His stint at Ferrari showed he was likely NOT quite the top-tier driver people thought he was. Especially in 2008, where Massa was undoubtedly the better man over the course of the season. This was hard enough to deal with for some Kimi fans. Some fans went the desperate excuse-route, while most others, and many non-Kimi-fans went the route of upgrading Massa to near top-tier status. This was convenient, as it wasn't Kimi lacking in performance, it was Massa just being better than many people thought!

But.....Alonso's introduction to the team changed everything. Suddenly, Massa didn't look so special anymore. And if Massa isn't special, then what does that say about Raikkonen's performances? What Kimi fans dont want to admit is that this correlation implies that Alonso would beat Kimi by a similar degree that he's beating Massa right now. And thats hard to digest for some people, especially considering how highly Kimi used to be rated. This is why its quite convenient and common to see people trying to prove that Alonso's domination of Massa is down to reasons other than pure ability.

#9532 HPT

HPT

• 1,175 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:42

Yes, it is a very simple sentence, it´s just that you are reading what you want from it and then you want everyone to agree with what you thought to be his point, no? "Best in a particular circumstances" could mean anything from being best if the world is still round, instead of being flat, to being best only if all the stars in the sky are in exactly the right position. Question is, how in the hell do you know what those "particular set of circumstances"are? Are you a psychic?

Actually what he said was pretty straight forward. I think it's clear to everyone what Stella meant. And it doesn't paint Kimi in a good light the slightest.

#9533 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:44

Dont be so sure!  ;)

'All things being equal' is a very tricky subject to touch upon when we talk about F1 and drivers in different teams. Using your own argument, 'all things being equal', reliability-wise and Kimi would have won by more than a point and wouldn't have needed any help from Massa in the last race!

Yes but then "all things being equal" would require upgrading McLaren to Ferrari's speed.
I meant simply "no gifts from teammates".

#9534 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,356 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:13

That´s excatly what I read.

You´re right about the facts: Kimi didn´t perform in a solid way in Ferrari. But it´s both sides fault. Räikkönen was 5 years in Mclaren and didn´t underperform over long periods under any circumstances in VERY different cars and scenarios, but in 3 years in Ferrari he underperformed half of the time. I guess Ferrari had something to do with that, and saying that someone has a "narrow window" after 6 years of solid performances is quite stupid .

I don't care about his performances at McLaren and I suspect Stella doesn't either. During his stint at Ferrari he only performed when everything was perfect for him otherwise he was beaten by Massa. Again, I don't see any blame being assigned by Stella or Ferrari in that interview.

#9535 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 2,167 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:30

lol

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#9536 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:43

lol

:cool: :up: this is a "Fernando-classic"!

#9537 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:45

lol

:up: thank you for that

#9538 PedroR

PedroR

• 107 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:51

How can we quantify the value of a pilot?
Because his number of championships?
Because his vistories?

I think because the show that are on the track.

At this point, I think Alonso and Hamilton are the best drivers, but maybe Alonso is FASTER with the same car

(and please,.... don´t remember me 2007.... I respect everybody, and anyway, I belive it :smoking: )

#9539 figue

figue

• 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:44

lol

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Advertisement

#9540 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 14:35

I don't care about his performances at McLaren and I suspect Stella doesn't either. During his stint at Ferrari he only performed when everything was perfect for him otherwise he was beaten by Massa. Again, I don't see any blame being assigned by Stella or Ferrari in that interview.

Of course you don´t, you´re a Ferrari fan. :drunk:

I´ll remind you my point:

Räikkönen having a narrow window=false
Räikkönen having a narrow window in Ferrari=true

So then, Ferrari must have something to do with it. Anyway, enough off-topic for me :yawnface:

#9541 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:02

Räikkönen having a narrow window=false
Räikkönen having a narrow window in Ferrari=true

Any top driver having a narrow window in Ferrari = false (drivers like Schumacher or Alonso have been fast in every car, with every tyres and with every type of suspension)
Räikkönen having a narrow window = true (he was fast only in Newey McLarens but not all the time)

How can anyone say, after 2008, that Räikkönen is adaptable is way beyond my understanding. Here he was, with an absolute rocket of the car and he couldn't adapt as little as needed to extract more in qualifying....for the whole year.

Edited by DrewishPrince, 18 July 2011 - 15:03.

#9542 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:07

LOL.. then why didnt he win the WDC that exact same year with Zero mechanical retirement and equal best car? :rolleyes:
he couldnt even get the 3rd place in WDC more convincingly :rotfl:

Edited by EdwardCullen, 18 July 2011 - 15:13.

#9543 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,111 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:50

LOL.. then why didnt he win the WDC that exact same year with Zero mechanical retirement and equal best car? :rolleyes:
he couldnt even get the 3rd place in WDC more convincingly :rotfl:

Interesting. So being third with exactly the same points than the driver on 2nd, and with the peculiarity that had the WDC not been around he would have won WDC over the driver that classified 2nd is not a convincing way of getting 3rd place.

I am starting to think that you don't really know what to say to put Alonso down, hence you resort to nonsensical comments. :rolleyes:

As for why Alonso (or Hamilton) didn't win WDC on 2007, I assume you are new to F1 and hence don't know the McLaren 2007 affair?

#9544 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 16:01

As for why Alonso (or Hamilton) didn't win WDC on 2007, I assume you are new to F1 and hence don't know the McLaren 2007 affair?

I though it had something to do with them scoring less points and wins :|

#9545 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 16:03

I though it had something to do with them scoring less points and wins :|

Cute.

But a nice mix of cinism and obliviousness nonetheless.

#9546 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 16:18

But a nice mix of cinism and obliviousness nonetheless.

No, it´s serious. I can´t get how not liking your team mate is worse point-wise than a less reliable car.

#9547 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 16:43

lol

:lol: He really is "headstrong". :up:

#9548 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 17:47

what annoys me is that Ferrari fans like kimi, Ferrari likes kimi, so I don't get the problem? I mean what are the kimi fans main gripe? is it because he was replaced by Alonso?

Well Kimi was my favorite F1 driver and I don't like Alonso at all but it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Santander replaced Kimi with Alonso. Always been fine with that, I thought it was a good decision for everyone as it didn't work after Todt left Ferrari and they maybe needed a guy like Alonso there.

But the main reason why there is many people who like Kimi and dislike Alonso is most likely just that they are very different. I like Raikkonen cause he's honest, never involved in any politics and scandals. He didn't have any opinion in others and very rarely said anything negative about other people or cried about anything. Alonso is very different. Always in the middle of scandals and very often complaining about everything, being disrespectful towards others etc.

#9549 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 17:50

Well Kimi was my favorite F1 driver and I don't like Alonso at all but it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Santander replaced Kimi with Alonso. Always been fine with that, I thought it was a good decision for everyone as it didn't work after Todt left Ferrari and they maybe needed a guy like Alonso there.

But the main reason why there is many people who like Kimi and dislike Alonso is most likely just that they are very different. I like Raikkonen cause he's honest, never involved in any politics and scandals. He didn't have any opinion in others and very rarely said anything negative about other people or cried about anything. Alonso is very different. Always in the middle of scandals and very often complaining about everything, being disrespectful towards others etc.

exactly :up:

#9550 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,948 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 17:59

yeah, one of the things i have admired of Kimi. that and other great moments ie Brazil 2006 :lol:

but Alonso hasnt been crying much right now, has he?