Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#9551 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:03

Well, Kimi was certainly disrespectful towards his teams and sponsors in many occasions. If you like his character and behaviour more than Alonso's that's fine but trying to depict Kimi as a white knight and the Alonso as the devil is laughable to say the least.

Advertisement

#9552 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:05

being disrespectful towards others etc.

:well: can you explain this?
And Kimi you think is/was respectful to everybody?

#9553 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:08

the fact that Santander replaced Kimi with Alonso

Only in the imagination of disgruntled Kimi fans that could be a fact. If he was replaced he has only himself to blame.

#9554 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:47

Yeah, I'm not trying to say that Kimi is perfect or anything like that. Didn't like that incident with photographer Cahier. Btw wouldn't say that YouTube clip where that child fell down was his fault, it was the woman who did it.

#9555 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,937 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:48

Lol. I don't think that is such a big deal as he was obviously in a hurry but this perception that Kimi didn't get involved in scandals is crap. He shoved a reporter, was filmed drunk on numerous occasions and insulted Coulthard after he criticised Kimi. Anyway, he is gone now and is unlikely to return.

#9556 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:54

Being drunk in his free time, what's wrong with that? I thought that's a pretty normal for everyone lol. Very different with the things Alonso has been involved in. (for example 2007 spygate, destroying his relationship with the team after McLaren didn't make him number 1 driver, 2008 crashgate...)

Edited by tommi34, 18 July 2011 - 18:54.

#9557 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 18:56

how lame, Kimi didnt even hit the child
It was the stupid mother who did it, see how she forgets about the child to get autograph...and Kimi is the one who points it out! :lol:

Edited by EdwardCullen, 18 July 2011 - 18:58.

#9558 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:05

lol, here we go again to 2007 and crashgate. Seriously, some Kimi's fans should start getting over from what happened in 2009. Resintements don't make you any good.

And again, some people has to be so delusional and naive to believe Santander controls Ferrari like that.

But, well, you guys can go on at it. While Alonso is back to winning and Ferrari is improving more his car I'm enjoying liking the tears of the Alonso haters.

Edited by Hole, 18 July 2011 - 19:10.

#9559 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,293 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:10

Being drunk in his free time, what's wrong with that? I thought that's a pretty normal for everyone lol. Very different with the things Alonso has been involved in. (for example 2007 spygate, destroying his relationship with the team after McLaren didn't make him number 1 driver, 2008 crashgate...)

Don´t forget threatening local journalists with giving bad publicity of Madeira if they take photos of him. In the sport sometimes things happen and you´re somehow over there, but Alonso is a massive douche in his personal life too.

Advertisement

#9560 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:25

lol, here we go again to 2007 and crashgate. Seriously, some Kimi's fans should start getting over from what happened in 2009. Resintements don't make you any good.

Sorry? Maybe you should read my post again :wave: :rolleyes:

#9561 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:26

And again, some people has to be so delusional and naive to believe Santander controls Ferrari like that.

But, well, you guys can go on at it. While Alonso is back to winning and Ferrari is improving more his car I'm enjoying liking the tears of the Alonso haters.

:up:

Time for them to support a new driver.

#9562 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:30

:up:

Time for them to support a new driver.

This is nonsense off topic and sorry about that, but yeah personally doing already. Not that interested in rallying or NASCAR. So have been cheering for Jenson, who by the way is still one of the most underrated drivers in my opinion.

#9563 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:35

This is nonsense off topic and sorry about that, but yeah personally doing already. Not that interested in rallying or NASCAR. So have been cheering for Jenson, who by the way is still one of the most underrated drivers in my opinion.

Listen I can understand how you feel, one of my favorites (JPM) left pretty abruptly as well. It sucks.

Back on topic: I think with the Medium/Soft tires this weekend Fernando will put up a fight in race trim. I hope it is dry.

#9564 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:37

Well, about that I have to agree.

#9565 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,072 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 20:36

Don´t forget threatening local journalists with giving bad publicity of Madeira if they take photos of him. In the sport sometimes things happen and you´re somehow over there, but Alonso is a massive douche in his personal life too.

Do you know him personally?

#9566 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,072 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 20:40

I though it had something to do with them scoring less points and wins :|

Really? Don't you know how McLaren lost the WCC in 2007, for example? Hint - it wasn't because they scored less points than Ferrari on the races.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 18 July 2011 - 20:41.

#9567 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 21:00

Really? Don't you know how McLaren lost the WCC in 2007, for example? Hint - it wasn't because they scored less points than Ferrari on the races.

Mclaren did scored less points than Ferrari even if you take out the spygate
All thanks to Alonso's cheating and all the schinanengans at Hungary they lost their constructors points form that race.

Real total : Ferrari - 204
Mclaren - 203 ( where Lewis and Alonso both had 109, but 15 points where taken out of hungary race ...so actually it shud have been 218 )

So Mclaren lost the WCC purely on points only! They became first in WCC to 2nd due to Hungary....and 2nd in WCC to DSQed due to spygate....thanks to Alonso ;)

Edited by EdwardCullen, 18 July 2011 - 21:00.

#9568 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 21:07

Yes, Kimi was walking, some dumb woman didn't watch where she was going and she hit the poor child. And probably didn't even realise, which Kimi pointed out to her.

#9569 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 21:53

All thanks to Alonso's cheating and all the schinanengans at Hungary they lost their constructors points form that race.

Mclaren - 203 ( where Lewis and Alonso both had 109, but 15 points where taken out of hungary race ...so actually it shud have been 218 )

So Mclaren lost the WCC purely on points only! They became first in WCC to 2nd due to Hungary....and 2nd in WCC to DSQed due to spygate....thanks to Alonso ;)

im going to have to agree with this, but you would be very naive to pile all the blame on Alonso.

that whole weekend was a shambles for mcLaren, and even Ferrari, who didnt even fuel Felipe properly. (didnt hear any calls of him being screwed by 'Scuderia Alonso' back then, but thats a different story).

Lewis, Ron, Fernando, they didnt paint themselves in the best light, so i understand the penalty, but Fernando doesnt take 100% of the blame.
oh and Ferrari deserved both titles that year, as like you said Ferrari would have won regardless.

#9570 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,072 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 22:48

And why did McLaren lose the points in Hungary? Because they were unable to keep the team's internal issues within control. Which is exactly the same reason why they did not win WDC.

As for you description of the whole Hungary and Spygate issues as Alonso's fault, it belongs to the same imaginary world than "Twilight"...

Edited by Fontainebleau, 18 July 2011 - 22:49.

#9571 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,072 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 22:53

im going to have to agree with this, but you would be very naive to pile all the blame on Alonso.

that whole weekend was a shambles for mcLaren, and even Ferrari, who didnt even fuel Felipe properly. (didnt hear any calls of him being screwed by 'Scuderia Alonso' back then, but thats a different story).

Lewis, Ron, Fernando, they didnt paint themselves in the best light, so i understand the penalty, but Fernando doesnt take 100% of the blame.
oh and Ferrari deserved both titles that year, as like you said Ferrari would have won regardless.

Not really; without the penalties, McLaren would have won WCC. As I said in my previous post, McLaren lost the WCC because they could not keep the team's internal issues, from the behaviour of their Chief Designer Mike Coughlan to the one of their drivers, under control.

I am not questioning Ferrari's championships, just replying to those who in previous posts said that they could not understand why Alonso lost the WDC in 2007.

#9572 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 23:00

Not really; without the penalties, McLaren would have won WCC. As I said in my previous post, McLaren lost the WCC because they could not keep the team's internal issues, from the behaviour of their Chief Designer Mike Coughlan to the one of their drivers, under control.

I am not questioning Ferrari's championships, just replying to those who in previous posts said that they could not understand why Alonso lost the WDC in 2007.

fair enough. without going too far off topic, there was a reason mclaren go those penalties.

if they didnt manage to obtain the blueprints to the best car, then maybe they would not have been in the position of winning the WCC in the first place. I'm sure they could be in the same position if they got the rb7 document.

in my opinion, Alonso lost the WDC because of many factors, one being he didn't gel with the team.

it is now 2011, and Alonso loves his team, and they love him, so no such problems there.

#9573 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 23:17

Alonso's attitude off track and on track has been amazing this year till now. There were moments this year when he could have easily lost his cool (specially when the car wasn't good enough) but he didn't it and made his talking on the track.

I think one of the reasons because he has apparently changed his attitude is because he has finally understood how F1 works (unlike in the past) and is really happy with his personal and professional life right now. IMO the Alonso that I'm watching this year is the best Alonso that I've ever seen. He is driving better than ever, in fact, even better than in 2006. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but it is what I feel ATM :)

I just want to add that the fact that he has left Switzerland to return his hometown in Oviedo (even if has to pay a huge amount of taxes for that!!!) should speak volumes about the current Alonso :wave:

#9574 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 23:57

Really, it's been more than 4 years since I last saw Alonso complain about his team and that was when McLaren was blatantly backing Hamilton for the title with a number of races to go. Alonso lost a championship that was in his pocket last year mostly thanks to Ferrari and he said nothing about it. Not sure if others would've done the same. I see Hamilton complain about the team mistakes - and this is not criticising Hamilton at all, it only tries to show some fans use a different ruler to measure their respective statements.

I've read above Kimi was much more likeable than Alonso - well maybe in your world, he will be more likeable for his fans, as well as Alonso for his, but to say Kimi was an interesting character was laughable, a guy that expressed absolutely nothing and had the same face for every sentence and found it hard to raise his arms when he became world champion, almost gave zero interesting interview, that's not exactly an interesting character, I respect people liking his apparent "sentimental neutrality" or whatever you call it but it's not better it's just different to say the least. I respect how Kimi was but he was not interesting. He was a good driver in a top team but lacked a personality. I'm not going to discuss his abilities because I think he was one of the best drivers of his generation but that's nothing to do with being interesting as a person.

#9575 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,474 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:00

Really, it's been more than 4 years since I last saw Alonso complain about his team and that was when McLaren was blatantly backing Hamilton for the title with a number of races to go. Alonso lost a championship that was in his pocket last year mostly thanks to Ferrari and he said nothing about it. Not sure if others would've done the same. I see Hamilton complain about the team mistakes - and this is not criticising Hamilton at all, it only tries to show some fans use a different ruler to measure their respective statements.

I've read above Kimi was much more likeable than Alonso - well maybe in your world, he will be more likeable for his fans, as well as Alonso for his, but to say Kimi was an interesting character was laughable, a guy that expressed absolutely nothing and had the same face for every sentence and found it hard to raise his arms when he became world champion, almost gave zero interesting interview, that's not exactly an interesting character, I respect people liking his apparent "sentimental neutrality" or whatever you call it but it's not better it's just different to say the least. I respect how Kimi was but he was not interesting. He was a good driver in a top team but lacked a personality. I'm not going to discuss his abilities because I think he was one of the best drivers of his generation but that's nothing to do with being interesting as a person.

Dont assume that Kimi's personality is accurately reflected by his interviews as an F1 driver. The guy was clearly uncomfortable expressing himself on-camera, which is not an uncommon characteristic to have. Doesn't mean he's not an interesting person. In fact, it was partly this disconnect of his on-screen person to his off-track antics that made him an interesting person. I love Kimi for that. He didn't take F1 100% seriously, and that was both a good thing and a bad thing in my eyes. He didn't act like F1 was everything in the world that mattered, cuz he clearly had no problem going out and partying and riding bikes and doing rallies and snow-mobile races and playing hockey and whatever else. It probably meant he didn't work as hard as most other drivers, and in a way it was a waste of talent, but its also admirable to be so good at something without even having to try too hard.

#9576 DrewishPrince

DrewishPrince

• 103 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:08

Dont assume that Kimi's personality is accurately reflected by his interviews as an F1 driver. The guy was clearly uncomfortable expressing himself on-camera, which is not an uncommon characteristic to have. Doesn't mean he's not an interesting person. In fact, it was partly this disconnect of his on-screen person to his off-track antics that made him an interesting person. I love Kimi for that. He didn't take F1 100% seriously, and that was both a good thing and a bad thing in my eyes. He didn't act like F1 was everything in the world that mattered, cuz he clearly had no problem going out and partying and riding bikes and doing rallies and snow-mobile races and playing hockey and whatever else. It probably meant he didn't work as hard as most other drivers, and in a way it was a waste of talent, but its also admirable to be so good at something without even having to try too hard.

Why do you think (if you do) that Alonso's personality is accurately reflected by his public demeanour?
Kimi fans would always remind us how we must decipher Kimi and think beyond what is seen while they at the same time take Alonso for granted.

#9577 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,790 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:22

Some people is going to hate Alonso no matter what, he is not human , he is not entitled to make mistakes. Alonso is the only driver in the grid that some people will never forgive for the smallest mistakes. The haters can see that this guy is no longer the same person that criticized Renaul back in 2006, and he is no longer the same guy that according to some people did deplorable things in 2007. The guy has matured a lot since the McLaren days, but he is not entitled to redemption, or to show that he learned from the past.

I wonder if we, common mortals in this forum, would want to be judged our entire live for our past mistakes... I guess I already know the answer.

This is maybe not related to the current conversation but I want to get it out of my cheast.

Edited by kosmos, 19 July 2011 - 06:23.

#9578 GPmaster

GPmaster

• 455 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:46

Alonso lost a championship that was in his pocket last year mostly thanks to Ferrari and he said nothing about it. Not sure if others would've done the same. I see Hamilton complain about the team mistakes - and this is not criticising Hamilton at all, it only tries to show some fans use a different ruler to measure their respective statements.

He is incredible matured on this stuff. At Renault he kicked his engineers multiple times in the media when there was something going wrong. But at Ferrari all is quiet even after last year.

#9579 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:50

Some people is going to hate Alonso no matter what, he is not human , he is not entitled to make mistakes. Alonso is the only driver in the grid that some people will never forgive for the smallest mistakes. The haters can see that this guy is no longer the same person that criticized Renaul back in 2006, and he is no longer the same guy that according to some people did deplorable things in 2007. The guy has matured a lot since the McLaren days, but he is not entitled to redemption, or to show that he learned from the past.

I wonder if we, common mortals in this forum, would want to be judged our entire live for our past mistakes... I guess I already know the answer.

This is maybe not related to the current conversation but I want to get it out of my cheast.

:up: :cool: Alonso fans are different!

Advertisement

#9580 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,666 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:58

Alonso is the only driver in the grid that some people will never forgive for the smallest mistakes.

Regular readers of this board will know that this is not the case. There are two other drivers who attract as much criticism and one in particular who is the most talked about F1 driver of the past 4 years.

#9581 FTATRWeSaluteYou

FTATRWeSaluteYou

• 473 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:13

Regular readers of this board will know that this is not the case. There are two other drivers who attract as much criticism and one in particular who is the most talked about F1 driver of the past 4 years.

Wow...really, please tell us who..

not

Vettel and Schumacher have their own threads

#9582 tamburello1

tamburello1

• 65 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:22

Yes, but we are still waiting for that driver to learn from his mistakes. Fernando seems to have matured, which is more than can be said for the Inglese Bambino.

#9583 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,790 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:25

I guess you are talking about Hamilton, I don't see a constant reminder of the "lie-gate", when the police stopped him in Melbourne or other past mistakes. I agree that when he does a mistake, it's overtalked for some weeks but you don't see people jumping at his throat for what he did in 2007, 2008 and so on, people just forget with Hamilton, they overtalk and forget, with Alonso there is not forgiveness, it's going to be always, no matter what, about him criticizing the team, spygate, crashgate, number 1 status, criticizing FIA, F1 is not a sport.... it will never end, even if he win 5 WDC. That's my opinion, I'm not trying to make this a competition about Lewis and Fernando.

Edited by kosmos, 19 July 2011 - 07:26.

#9584 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,666 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:30

Yes, but we are still waiting for that driver to learn from his mistakes. Fernando seems to have matured, which is more than can be said for the Inglese Bambino.

I don't think thats necessarily the case to be honest. Sure all drivers make errors and say they learn from them but all of them return to the same mistake, not just Lewis. Alonso matured after 2007 it seemed and he just kept his head down and got on with the job. Last season we saw glimpses of him letting his emotions get the better of him, most notably Silverstone and Valencia where he lost his temper down the radio. Hamilton often does the same. No driver is perfect, but mistakes are only ever judged harshly by opposing fans, myself included in that one :)

#9585 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,666 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:34

I guess you are talking about Hamilton, I don't see a constant reminder of the "lie-gate", when the police stopped him in Melbourne or other past mistakes. I agree that when he does a mistake, it's overtalked for some weeks but you don't see people jumping at his throat for what he did in 2007, 2008 and so on, people just forget with Hamilton, they overtalk and forget, with Alonso there is not forgiveness, it's going to be always, no matter what, about him criticizing the team, spygate, crashgate, number 1 status, criticizing FIA, F1 is not a sport.... it will never end, even if he win 5 WDC. That's my opinion, I'm not trying to make this a competition about Lewis and Fernando.

I don't think people forget with any overtalked, or heavily criticized driver. Alonso gets criticism for years gone by and so does Lewis. With Alonso its nearly always 2007 which is tiresome along with comparisons to Kimi, and with Lewis its not winning in his rookie year, Canada '08, Liegate, Monza '10, Singapore '10 and so forth. All are regular topic comparisons on here and neither are forgotten. :)

Anyway thats abit off topic for now.

#9586 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,274 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:14

It is hardly logical to calculate "lost" points of individual actions of races, and f.ex. say that Fernando lost critical ponts in Hungary. At least if one believes to causality, not destiny. General reliability of the car or lack of pace because of wrong suspension or double diffusers are another matter. Or the fact that a driver may lose his concentration if team does not support him as he would hope - that would affect in general performance, especially if it were an oversensitive person in question. Then, there is one exception: mistakes of the last race can and will have a proven and statistically holding result for the final outcome - as happened in 2007 with Hamilton and 2010 with Alonso, when either of them couldn't hold their lead in points. That is why there is also a huge pressure in the final, defining race - those mistakes can not be fixed any more. Racing at its best, and worst, for some, but that's life.

Edited by Man of the race, 19 July 2011 - 08:29.

#9587 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,790 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:46

Fernando is in the 2nd place, only behind Vettel in F1 fanatic season ranking.

http://www.f1fanatic...ings-part-3-51/

At Valencia Alonso said he’d driven the best seven races of his career up to that point. His two since then have been pretty impressive as well – splitting the Red Bulls for second at Valencia, and beating the pair of them at Silverstone.

Choosing between him and Vettel for driver of the year so far is not easy. Alonso’s made a couple of errors here and there, including brushes with the McLaren drivers in Malaysia and Canada. Aside from that, and a lacklustre performance at Shanghai, he’s been in excellent form.

These may not have been his greatest nine drives ever – there are plenty more great Alonso performances in his back catalogue. But he has begun 2011 as he ended 2010, back at the peak of his powers as he was when he won his world championships.

Amazing as always and he’s really having an awesome season, taking everything out of the car. The championship seems to be more or less decided, but if anything goes wrong for Vettel it’s probably Alonso who would take advantage of it.

Enigma

#9588 GerhardBerger

GerhardBerger

• 510 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:33

is this the Alonso thread?

#9589 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,666 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:34

is this the Alonso thread?

There is a rumour flying around it is.

#9590 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 15:35

Great news. Montemezolo says Massa stays for 2012 :up:

He also compares Alonso's situation to Rossi's regarding the problems they are both having with "la macchina".

http://www.corriere....9506ed0a9.shtml

#9591 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,790 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 15:59

'Fernando is worth every cent' by Karun Chandhok.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/54321.html

Very nice words from Karun :)

#9592 Kohque

Kohque

• 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 16:11

'Fernando is worth every cent' by Karun Chandhok.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/54321.html

Very nice words from Karun :)

Thanks dude.

The fact that his fastest lap was nearly 0.6s faster than anyone else says one thing, but the ability to produce fastest sectors and laps on worn tyres at the end of a stint was what was most impressive this weekend.

No "buts" in between. Kudos to Chandlock. :up:

#9593 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 17:50

Thanks dude.

No "buts" in between. Kudos to Chandlock. :up:

nearly 0.6s faster :lol:

#9594 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:06

He also compares Alonso's situation to Rossi's regarding the problems they are both having with "la macchina".

http://www.corriere....9506ed0a9.shtml

Nice to hear that Massa will likely stay, but I don't think he can compare the situation with Rossi's. Yes the Ducati isn't helping him, but it's also got a lot to do with Rossi himself. Already at Yamaha we saw that he isn't the Vale from the past. He has great determination to succeed with the Italian firm, but maybe the move came too late.

Edited by Smile17, 19 July 2011 - 19:07.

#9595 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:28

Nice to hear that Massa will likely stay, but I don't think he can compare the situation with Rossi's. Yes the Ducati isn't helping him, but it's also got a lot to do with Rossi himself. Already at Yamaha we saw that he isn't the Vale from the past. He has great determination to succeed with the Italian firm, but maybe the move came too late.

Who knows. But I certainly trust much more in Valentino´s ability to deliver in the future than in Massa´s. Anyway I have to admit that I see Massa better than last year, and I really want him to get back to his previous performance level. :)

#9596 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:28

:well: Probably best for a possible WDC challenge from Alonso, but also a bit of a bore at the same time.

#9597 yr

yr

• 5,965 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:38

nearly 0.6s faster :lol:

Damn that Ferrari is one fast car. Amazing that Fernando isnt leading the WDC right now. Imagine if there was a real good driver in Ferrari who could have found the potent of that car earlier in the season. :eek:

#9598 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:43

Damn that Ferrari is one fast car. Amazing that Fernando isnt leading the WDC right now. Imagine if there was a real good driver in Ferrari who could have found the potent of that car earlier in the season. :eek:

:up: :D

A bit on the desperate side, but still... your spirit is admirable!

#9599 yr

yr

• 5,965 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:48

:well: Probably best for a possible WDC challenge from Alonso, but also a bit of a bore at the same time.

Yeah, I agree. Anything better than Massa (in his current form) would spoil the team spirit rightaway. For example, rememeber how Trully beat shit out of Alonso when they were teamed up in Renault? If memory serves, Trulli even won one race (Monaco?) that year, while Alonso won nothing. :lol:
But then of course, Briatore needed to do something to protect his investment (Alonso) so he sacked Trulli, that was hilarious thing to do (sacking your better driver in order to make your second driver look better) , I am sure you remember that one.

Advertisement

#9600 yr

yr

• 5,965 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 19:49

:up: :D

A bit on the desperate side, but still... your spirit is admirable!

Why, Thank you.