• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#10001 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 22:32

Thanks Slartibartfast

now YellowHelnet plz give us a link, if you cant then we will think its not true

I hope that you are not requesting a link to prove that Santander sponsors Mclaren - the logo on the drivers's overalls should be proof enough. As for the other sponsor YH is referring to, the name is Mutua Madrileña, and again you only need to check the pics of the McLaren 2007 car to find it (the big MM by on the side plates of the front wing).

By the way, from your posts on this thread it would seem that you are particularly bent on providing negative criticism towards Alonso rather than any constructive criticism/comments. Not particularly helpful for any type of interesting discussion.

Advertisement

#10002 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,314 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:31

Posted Image

New interview. http://www.as.com/mo...dasdaimot_1/Tes

This is the most interesting answer in my opinion, I tried my best to translate it.

La verdad es que estoy muy contento con Felipe, está haciendo un gran trabajo, pero si viene otro piloto, no hay problemas, si viene otro... Incluso si viniera Hamilton, ningún problema, después de aquel año... (hace una pausa buscando las palabras, quizá recordando aquel 2007 de McLaren) después de ese año en el que compartimos equipo, si fuéramos compañeros de nuevo en Ferrari seguro que sería una lucha mucho más limpia, más real.

The truth is that I'm very happy with Felipe, he is doing a great job, but if other driver come (to Ferrari), there is no problem, if other come... even if the one coming is Hamilton, there is no problem, after that year... (he does a pause searching for the words, maybe remembering 2007 at McLaren) after that year in which we shared the same team, if we were teammates again in Ferrari, for sure it will a cleaner fight, more real.

#10003 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,314 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:17

Three new articles on Ferrari.com about the Wroom, full of great quotes of Fernando, I'm going to quote some of them but don't forget to check the links, it's worth it.

Wrooom Summer 2011 - Alonso: “Never forget those who suffer”
Wrooom Summer 2011 - Alonso: “A 7 for the season so far”
Wrooom Summer 2011 - Alonso: “We have a moral obligation to still believe in the title”

We still lack a little something in all areas, including from the drivers, to be at the level of the best.

I feel much more part of the team than I did a year ago. In terms of driving, I don’t think I’ve ever been this strong.

Fernando was also informed of Vettel and Hamilton’s comments regarding the fact that sooner or later, they would like to come to Ferrari. “It seems a normal thing to say: all drivers want to race for Ferrari. Some might say it openly, others deny it even if they are thinking it. For my part, it makes me feel even more privileged, because I am at Ferrari now and I will be for many years to come, at least to the end of 2016. I am very happy to have Felipe as a team-mate and we work very well together. If the day arrives when someone else was to come here, that would not be a problem for me, even if it was Hamilton.”

The Spaniard did not want to make any promises he might not be able to keep, especially for the fans. “Formula 1 is too complicated a sport to make declarations. It requires everyone to give their all in order to win and the genius of an individual is not enough. If you look at Adrian Newey, it’s not a case of him turning up at Red Bull and at a stroke, creating a winning car with a magic wand. It took years for all the team to reach the level it is at now. It takes great people, structures and, clearly a little pinch of genius. I am convinced we too have that genius.”

I must admit I also love coming to the mountains: around Oviedo there are more places like these than beaches and my next door neighbours are cows, just like the one we came across strolling through the Dolomites today.”

“Today, we are here in the mountains, in a fantastic place, but we must never forget there are many people in the world less fortunate than us. I’m not just thinking of those who are suffering because of the economic crisis, but more of those who are literally struggling to survive, dying of starvation, as is happening now in the Horn of Africa. As you know, I am an ambassador for UNICEF, because I believe that famous people can at least get the message across in a strong way and to as many people as possible: that’s why I wear the logo of the United Nations humanitarian organisation on my race suit. But everyone, can do their bit to help…” Fernando has also played a part in setting up two schools in a favela in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10004 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:53

I hope that you are not requesting a link to prove that Santander sponsors Mclaren - the logo on the drivers's overalls should be proof enough. As for the other sponsor YH is referring to, the name is Mutua Madrileña, and again you only need to check the pics of the McLaren 2007 car to find it (the big MM by on the side plates of the front wing).

By the way, from your posts on this thread it would seem that you are particularly bent on providing negative criticism towards Alonso rather than any constructive criticism/comments. Not particularly helpful for any type of interesting discussion.

i was asking for links for the claims made by Yellowhelmet
he said Alonso brought more Money than what was spend on Lewis' career...that is what i wanted to see, not the sponsors' names.
and by the way i am criticising Alonso....but i am not trolling like Frans or someone else...read back, you will see i was responding to something very neatly and was sticking to the truth or my opinion only. This is not an Alonso LOVE thread(if you want one go and create that), here everyone can express their opinion, unless they are trolling or attacking members.

Edited by EdwardCullen, 07 August 2011 - 06:56.

#10005 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:30

But Why? That is exactly what I am saying ...
If we put the massive lead down to the car, then its equally possible to extend it a bit more and say RB7 was 2 Secs ahead but Seb was pulling it down to 1 Sec.

Now the car has lost relatively to others but is still 1 Sec faster , but then again since Seb drags down the car by a second (as we all know) it looks matched in pace with others now.

So - my point is if Seb beats Ham and Alonso in close (looking) battles it's still no proof that Seb is a great driver !!
Same as when Seb blew them by 30 secs - it wasnt proof that it was all CAR!!

As far as I m concerned the bigger the margin the better it reflects on the winning driver ...

:up:

#10006 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:39

Alonso is better driver than Schumacher says Montezemolo :up:

Well. I cant see anything that says that Alonso is a better 'driver' than Schumacher. He only says that Alonso is better than Schumacher in certain areas like 'integrating into the team as a leader'.

As far as I know, 'integrating into the team as a leader' is something totally different to 'driving'.

Personally though, I feel Alonso is the best of the current generation, but he still has a long way to go before we can consider him to be better than Schumi.

#10007 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:50

Well. I cant see anything that says that Alonso is a better 'driver' than Schumacher. He only says that Alonso is better than Schumacher in certain areas like 'integrating into the team as a leader'.

As far as I know, 'integrating into the team as a leader' is something totally different to 'driving'.

Personally though, I feel Alonso is the best of the current generation, but he still has a long way to go before we can consider him to be better than Schumi.

:up:

#10008 MarioKart

MarioKart

• 142 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:21

Is 2000-2004 a distant memory for Mr.Montezemolo? :confused: If there was ONE driver throughout the 90's-00's who was a great team leader in F1 and a storm of motivation, it was definitely Schumacher. IMO, Ferrari is currently in a far better position , in regards to work ethics and dedication, because of Michael.
But I do agree Alonso is a great team leader.

#10009 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:31

Well said. Although I am not a fan of the man himself, Schumacher was a juggernaut at Ferrari. Alonso has a long, long way to go in order to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as far as Ferrari is concerned. He certainly has the talent but he doesn't, yet, have the car. I see some good stuff happening at Ferrari lately but I doubt that we will see the kind of dominance that the old man displayed.

#10010 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,840 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:36

Also, Alonso entered a team that was a lot better state than when Schumi joined in 1996. It was easy for Alonso to settle in seeing as they rolled out the red carpet for him and Santander's cash... Schumacher joined a team that was basically a mess, and he, Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne put a lot of work into making it the kind of team that Alonso 15 years later can waltz into and get this kind of praise with half the effort :p

#10011 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:42

Also, Alonso entered a team that was a lot better state than when Schumi joined in 1996. It was easy for Alonso to settle in seeing as they rolled out the red carpet for him and Santander's cash... Schumacher joined a team that was basically a mess, and he, Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne put a lot of work into making it the kind of team that Alonso 15 years later can waltz into and get this kind of praise with half the effort :p

Beware!...this is what i said before, and i got labeled as MS fan who cannot get over 2006

#10012 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:48

Is 2000-2004 a distant memory for Mr.Montezemolo? :confused: If there was ONE driver throughout the 90's-00's who was a great team leader in F1 and a storm of motivation, it was definitely Schumacher. IMO, Ferrari is currently in a far better position , in regards to work ethics and dedication, because of Michael.
But I do agree Alonso is a great team leader.

It was not Montezemolo, it was Domenicalli who said that..... again he wants to feed his ego and coverup for "relative" lacklusture performance of his team after he became the team principal and dumping their last WDC for Alonso.
So MS was the best team leader who brought the Ferrari team from a massive slum to become the successful team ever in F1. So he thinks stating such stupid statements will make Him and Alonso look massively successful than Schumy / Todt / Brawn. But its just fail from his part.

Edited by EdwardCullen, 07 August 2011 - 08:49.

#10013 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,840 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:49

Beware!...this is what i said before, and i got labeled as MS fan who cannot get over 2006

But I'm not an MS fan...

#10014 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:50

But I'm not an MS fan...

MAybe Lewis fan....who cant get over 2007? :p :lol:

Edited by EdwardCullen, 07 August 2011 - 08:53.

#10015 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:57

It was not Montezemolo, it was Domenicalli who said that..... again he wants to feed his ego and coverup for "relative" lacklusture performance of his team after he became the team principal and dumping their last WDC for Alonso.
So MS was the best team leader who brought the Ferrari team from a massive slum to become the successful team ever in F1. So he thinks stating such stupid statements will make Him and Alonso look massively successful than Schumy / Todt / Brawn. But its just fail from his part.

You sound like a broken tape recorder, if they still exist. Go to the Kimi thread and get your hard on there.

The only lacklustre thing Ferrari have had in recent memory is Kimi. They paid him tons of cash and yet he was schooled by Massa. Why is it so hard to accept that Alonso is better than Kimi?

#10016 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:00

If you make a claim, please be prepared to back it up with references rather than ask others to do your work for you. Calling them lazy for failing to do something that is your responsibility is compounding laziness with hypocritical rudeness.

First of all i am not making a claim, i was posting something that is common knowledge in recent formula1 history.

second, in some way you are right, that sometimes links are needed,
but not in all cases, there is something which can be seen as common/basic f1 knowledge.

that with alonso santander and MM came to mclaren is a common fact.
about the sponsoring money there are only rumours.
it was said, that the santander sponsoring is worth 10 mio/euros a year and the contract is five years long.
about MM was said that the contract was worth 3 mio/year.

for example the silverstone gp of 2007 was also sponsored by santander, which costed santander 8,5 mio/euros. (that is also not very hard to find)

I am not going to post here links (coz that can be seen as common knowledged in recent f1 history), but it was easy for me to find those numbers, and i think that it wont be hard for anybody else to do it, if anybody doesnt believe me.
but
i have posted hints, if there are people who are not aware of that, that they can look up, but i am not going to do their homeworks.

In other cases, where we talk about not so well known facts, i will always post links, thats for sure.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 07 August 2011 - 09:12.

#10017 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:03

he said Alonso brought more Money than what was spend on Lewis' career...that is what i wanted to see, not the sponsors' names.

i didnt say that (i wasnt mentioning lewis)

i said the following:

And you do realise that Alonso brought more money to Mclaren (with the sponsors that he brought with him) than Alonso costed Mclaren.

so please read first and than criticise.

#10018 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:13

You sound like a broken tape recorder, if they still exist. Go to the Kimi thread and get your hard on there.

The only lacklustre thing Ferrari have had in recent memory is Kimi. They paid him tons of cash and yet he was schooled by Massa. Why is it so hard to accept that Alonso is better than Kimi?

well i am not a Kimi fan! i dont care what you say :lol:

#10019 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:14

i didnt say that (i wasnt mentioning lewis)

i said the following:

so please read first and than criticise.

ok then we are good here, my mistake :up:

Edited by EdwardCullen, 07 August 2011 - 09:14.

Advertisement

#10020 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:15

ok then we are good here, my mistake :up:

no problem  ;)

#10021 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,314 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:32

Banco Santander was paying 15 millions of euros per year back in 2007 and I think this amount of money it holds true at least till september of 2010, when Santander reported 200 millions of euros gained thanks to F1.

#10022 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:37

interview with alonso (in german)

And there is a very nice part which says:

Ich bin sehr glücklich, Felipe als Teamkollegen zu haben. Wir arbeiten gut zusammen. Wenn der Tag kommt, an dem jemand anderes zu Ferrari kommt, dann wäre das aber auch kein Problem für mich, selbst wenn es Hamilton wäre

That means:
I am very happy to have Felipe as my team mate. We work good together.
If the day arrives when someone else was to come here, that would not be a problem for me, even if it was Hamilton.

So, please Lewis come to Ferrari, as soon as possible :clap:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 07 August 2011 - 09:40.

#10023 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,840 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:48

MAybe Lewis fan....who cant get over 2007? :p :lol:

Button fan here, who doesn't really have anything to 'get over' :p

I am a Lewis fan as well, but again I have no chips on my shoulder...

#10024 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:18

and by the way i am criticising Alonso....but i am not trolling like Frans or someone else...read back, you will see i was responding to something very neatly and was sticking to the truth or my opinion only. This is not an Alonso LOVE thread(if you want one go and create that), here everyone can express their opinion, unless they are trolling or attacking members.

YH has already corrected your point about what he said. Other than that, I disagree with your perception that you are not trolling. As per my post above, I have read a number of your comments and constructive criticism seems to be sadly lacking. This does not need to be an Alonso love thread (by the way, your comment about me needing one is just one more example of your apparent lack of ability to hold a civilised conversation) to be an interesting one in terms of having an informed discussion, but your contributions certainly seem bent on derailing it.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 07 August 2011 - 10:19.

#10025 AirWebber

AirWebber

• 292 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:20

Posted Image

Fernando... Domenicalli is faster than you. :p

Edited by AirWebber, 07 August 2011 - 15:30.

#10026 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,803 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:24

Why do Lewis fans hate Alonso so much? Its just the way the world works. The reason Alonso fans hate lewis is because his actions were detrimental to Alonso and the press and Mclaren made Alonso out as the bad guy when Lewis was the bad guy. Ask any driver who has competed with Lewis before he entered F1. He is an arrogant git who has had his racing career and his life easy thanks to mclaren while more talented drivers struggle.

As if. What complete and utter made up tripe.

#10027 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:28

I just rewatched the hungarian race and I think Alonso made too many mistakes. Everybody did, even the winner Button, but maybe he was pushing too hard. He is pushing like the title is over.

#10028 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,521 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:30

:rotfl: couldnt resist,

#10029 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,803 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:31

I remember seeing the figures for Mutua Madrileña being around £3m per season. Not sure about Santander but the main reason they joined McLaren in 2007 was due to the buy out of Abbey branches across the UK and marketing within a British team was important to them during that period. Hamilton was and still is very marketable so Alonso bringing money with him is hardly a highground in this arguement.

#10030 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:16

I remember seeing the figures for Mutua Madrileña being around £3m per season. Not sure about Santander but the main reason they joined McLaren in 2007 was due to the buy out of Abbey branches across the UK and marketing within a British team was important to them during that period. Hamilton was and still is very marketable so Alonso bringing money with him is hardly a highground in this arguement.

I have been the first one to defend that Santander sponsored McLaren because they were interested in doing business in the UK, in exactly the same way they are sponsoring Ferrari because they want to promote themselves internationally, and not because they wanted to promote Alonso. But at the same time, I am fully aware of the fact that what made them decide that F1/McLaren was the right investment, instead of say a football team, was the combination of a British team and a Spanish WDC, together with the visibility F1 had in other countries. Hamilton was not marketable when Santander signed with McLaren, not in the UK and even less so in other countries where Santander has a presence, so there is no way the bank would have been interested in him.

Alonso was profitable for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, and not just new sponsors like Santander or MM were attracted by his marketing potential - ask Vodafone or Mercedes themselves. Hence, YH's original reply to P123's post ("You do realise that Ron Dennis/ McLaren spent more money on hiring Alonso than he did on supporting Hamilton's junior career." "And you do realise that Alonso brought more money to Mclaren (with the sponsors that he brought with him) than Alonso costed Mclaren.") was perfectly valid.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 07 August 2011 - 12:17.

#10031 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,314 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:18

I already said it in the previous page, Santander 15€m/year.

#10032 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:21

I just rewatched the hungarian race and I think Alonso made too many mistakes. Everybody did, even the winner Button, but maybe he was pushing too hard. He is pushing like the title is over.

You may be able to clarify one point for me - exactly how many times did Alonso go off track? And apart from that half-spin, half-drift, did he spin any other time?

And yes, I think that the title is over unless he pushes really hard for the rest of the season. It is difficult to see how he could win this WDC unless he starts going from win to win, and the F150 does not give that type of guarantee, so risks have to be taken.

#10033 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,314 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:27

Video of the Wrooom.

Very nice blue Ferrari.

#10034 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 13:20

You may be able to clarify one point for me - exactly how many times did Alonso go off track? And apart from that half-spin, half-drift, did he spin any other time?

Yes, he did.

1. Lap 1. He had a good start and was third on the first corner, but got a little sideways, put one wheel on the kerb and lost traction and position to both Mercedes

2. He passed Schumacher and Rosberg but on lap 4 run wide at turn 2 (like Massa and Vettel) and lost position again to Rosberg.

3. On lap 6 he run wide again at turn 12 and got passed by Massa.

So, 3 unforced mistakes in 6 laps... too much for his standards.

Later on he had that half-spin.

#10035 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 13:34

Yes, he did.

1. Lap 1. He had a good start and was third on the first corner, but got a little sideways, put one wheel on the kerb and lost traction and position to both Mercedes

2. He passed Schumacher and Rosberg but on lap 4 run wide at turn 2 (like Massa and Vettel) and lost position again to Rosberg.

3. On lap 6 he run wide again at turn 12 and got passed by Massa.

So, 3 unforced mistakes in 6 laps... too much for his standards.

Later on he had that half-spin.

I would like to see a summary of Hamilton's, Vettel's and Button's mistakes, as well... :)

#10036 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 13:37

I would like to see a summary of Hamilton's, Vettel's and Button's mistakes, as well... :)

Lewis Lap 32 ? spun at the chicane when the rain came

Vettel Lap 4 ran wide on turn 3

Button ran wide when fighting with Lewis at turn 3 and giving the lead to Lewis

#10037 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 13:50

Button fan here, who doesn't really have anything to 'get over' :p

I am a Lewis fan as well, but again I have no chips on my shoulder...

oh then you must be one of those Button fans who is still bitter about how Alonso took his seat back in 2003 :lol: :lol:

Edited by EdwardCullen, 07 August 2011 - 15:03.

#10038 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 14:08

Why? To justify Alonso's mistakes? We are here talking about Alonso. By the way, Hamilton was LOTR, IMO, and Vettel and Button finished in front of Alonso.
Alonso is my favourite driver, and the best one out there at the moment, but last race was not his finest.

#10039 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,803 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 15:22

I have been the first one to defend that Santander sponsored McLaren because they were interested in doing business in the UK, in exactly the same way they are sponsoring Ferrari because they want to promote themselves internationally, and not because they wanted to promote Alonso. But at the same time, I am fully aware of the fact that what made them decide that F1/McLaren was the right investment, instead of say a football team, was the combination of a British team and a Spanish WDC, together with the visibility F1 had in other countries. Hamilton was not marketable when Santander signed with McLaren, not in the UK and even less so in other countries where Santander has a presence, so there is no way the bank would have been interested in him.

Alonso was profitable for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, and not just new sponsors like Santander or MM were attracted by his marketing potential - ask Vodafone or Mercedes themselves. Hence, YH's original reply to P123's post ("You do realise that Ron Dennis/ McLaren spent more money on hiring Alonso than he did on supporting Hamilton's junior career." "And you do realise that Alonso brought more money to Mclaren (with the sponsors that he brought with him) than Alonso costed Mclaren.") was perfectly valid.

To be honest Alonso was profitable to any team and sponsor at the end of 2006 because he was a back to back WDC. I'm not suggesting Hamilton a rookie at the time would have brought in more money because he was at that point unproven in the sport and lacked appeal. By the end of that year it was completely different.

Advertisement

#10040 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,314 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 15:37

More pics from the wrooom, this time everything in hires.

Pic 033 is really cool.

Edited by kosmos, 07 August 2011 - 15:41.

#10041 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 15:40

Lewis Lap 32 ? spun at the chicane when the rain came

Vettel Lap 4 ran wide on turn 3

Button ran wide when fighting with Lewis at turn 3 and giving the lead to Lewis

Vettel ran two times off the track at turn 3 and once at turn 13 while driving in clean air.

#10042 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 15:45

Plz post those pictures as thumbnails, its too large!

and BTW is that the new Ferrari? What is it called?

#10043 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 21:49

Ferrari summer WROOM :love:

#10044 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 13:04

http://www.ferrari.c...who_suffer.aspx

hmmm. Fernando seems to have very friendly neighbours. :)

#10045 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 20:28

:) Alonso must be here 'on the top'!!!

#10046 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 21:09

:) Alonso must be here 'on the top'!!!

:up: :kiss:

Bumpity bump! :lol:

Posted Image

Two weeks left for Alonso's win at Spa. :cool:

Edited by Hole, 10 August 2011 - 21:10.

#10047 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,452 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 21:57

An Alonso win at Spa would be cool. I think he stands a good chance.

#10048 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 22:41

Plz post those pictures as thumbnails, its too large!

and BTW is that the new Ferrari? What is it called?

its the Ferrari FF

#10049 prty

prty

• 5,198 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 23:43

I think McLaren stands a better chance with the Mercedes engine and the good mechanical grip, as it's a medium downforce circuit.

#10050 mrmusicman

mrmusicman

• 276 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:53

I think Alonso's biggest weakness is that he sometimes over drives when he is stuck midfield and tries to do too much too soon. No doubt it he was driving at 100% in the early laps of hungary, while someone like button was probably at 90%.