Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#10051 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:13

I just rewatched the hungarian race and I think Alonso made too many mistakes. Everybody did, even the winner Button, but maybe he was pushing too hard. He is pushing like the title is over.

Fernando Alonso fue uno de los que más errores cometió, pero también es cierto que en ello influyó mucho el calentamiento de los neumáticos del 150º Italia, que en las primeras vueltas de cada stint se iba por todos lados.

source: The F1.com

Alonso was one who makes most mistakes, but also its true there have to see a lot with the warming up of tyres of the 150º italia, which in the first rounds of each stint went from one side to the other!

Advertisement

#10052 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 457 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:04

its the Ferrari FF

If I was to buy a SUV, that would be my choice! :love:

#10053 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:29

If I was to buy a SUV, that would be my choice! :love:

just need 220k :p

#10054 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:18

Fernando has been selected as the best driver this season (so far) on crash.net.

1. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, Championship Position: 4th

For a driver of Alonso's calibre, reputation and success, qualifying just fifth for the opening four races of the campaign – and knowing that was the absolute maximum anybody could possibly have extracted from the car – must have been dispiriting indeed, but the Spaniard has never once let his head drop, and never once criticised his team (others, take note). Leading for the first 18 laps on home turf in Spain in a car more than two seconds shy of the leading pace was magnificent, the runner-up laurels in Monaco similarly so and Silverstone was superb. If anybody doubted that Fernando Alonso was still the most complete driver in F1, all doubts should now be shelved.

http://www.crash.net..._10th__1st.html

#10055 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:35

Fernando has been selected as the best driver this season (so far) on crash.net.

:up: He IS the BEST!

#10056 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:00

good stuff :up:

And by the accounts of those who really know him, he's tremendously fun and effervescent to be around (as our 'insider' said). It's probably no coincidence that in Spain and Italy, where he's more open with the media and generally, he's tremendously popular. Apparently the Tifosi love him more than any driver since Gilles Villeneuve - high adulation indeed.

Fernando Alonso is a massive asset for F1 as a sport, and will surely go down in history as one of the best ever. It's therefore frustrating to see Alonso's actions followed by such negativity. Moreover, it's based on a rather pantomime villain persona that has been constructed for him, and which in my view has very little basis in reality and is to a large extent self-perpetuating. As Formula One fans we should be grateful for what Fernando Alonso brings to the sport, and remember as well that, while he like everyone else is open to criticism and scrutiny, he is also, like all F1 drivers, worthy of a lot of respect. They are after all better than us.

#10057 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,304 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:41

"Apparently the Tifosi love him more than any driver since Gilles Villeneuve"

Is that true?

I don't get that impression from here, but maybe some of the Tifosi could confirm it.

#10058 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,930 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:46

Is that true?

I don't get that impression from here, but maybe some of the Tifosi could confirm it.

This is not the first time I have heard this and apparently it is true.

I ain't gonna lie, he has certainly won me over.

#10059 jj9

jj9

• 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:25

Oksana Kosachenko about Fernando Alonso. october 18, 2010. . original : http://video.sport-e..._sportses/4428/ Part 4, time 09:06.

Edited by jj9, 16 August 2011 - 16:31.

Advertisement

#10060 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:27

Is that true?

I remember Martin Brundle saying that an Italian journalist told him this but I think it's silly talk and there is no way to measure this things.

Edited by kosmos, 15 August 2011 - 12:29.

#10061 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 17:29

Oksana Kosachenko about Fernando Alonso. october 18, 2010.

She may be saying many interesting things, but unless somebody kindly translates her words I am afraid that most of us will not get a clue...

#10062 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 19:05

yeah, have heard this many times.

to be honest, Gilles will always be the greatest in my eyes, as he got me watching F1, but Alonso is up there with Schumacher and Alesi as my other Favourite Ferrari drivers.

also, Kimi aswell. i wish his fans would stop hating on Ferrari , but he made me smile.

Edited by SCUDmissile, 15 August 2011 - 22:41.

#10063 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,930 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 21:59

yeah, have heard this many times.

to be honest, Gilles will always be the greatest in my eyes, as he got me watching F1, but Alonso is up there with Schumacher and Alesi as my other Favourite Ferrari drivers.

also, Kimi, i wish his fans would stop hating on Ferrari , but he made me smile.

I don't think they are saying he is more popular than Gilles. They are saying he is the most popular among the tifosi since Gilles.

#10064 Architrion

Architrion

• 128 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 00:00

Oksana Kosachenko about Fernando Alonso. october 18, 2010.

Come on, mate, do some translation.... my russian is a bit rusted :blush:

#10065 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:05

what else  ;)

#10066 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:07

good stuff :up:

thx for that :up:

#10067 KirilVarbanov

KirilVarbanov

• 848 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:47

My native Bulgarian is close to the Russian language, having a common Slavian roots, so here's my humble uneducated guess:
This woman is Vitaly Petrov's Manager, the video is from 2010, so this would explain why she's not impressed with FA. She says something like: "Я не люблю", which means "I don't like him"; then she adds: "It's purely physical, it's the type of physical antipathy you have for someone".
This is what I was able to grasp, but I may be wrong in general context, as I failed to translate the whole video.

There's nothing wrong with "Like" or "Dislike", that's normal behavior.
As for the crash.net award ... well, that's not the most reputable source, but anyway.

#10068 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:38

She says something like: "Я не люблю", which means "I don't like him"; then she adds: "It's purely physical, it's the type of physical antipathy you have for someone".

:rotfl: I have the same problem with this "beautiful" russian lady. She & his client are more 'ugly' than Frankenstein!

#10069 jj9

jj9

• 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:11

QUESTION: человек, который мне кажется внешне абсолютно никаким - это Алонсо. это такое впечатление?
ANSWER: у меня очень своеобразное отношение к Алонсо. я не боюсь, даже если он прочитает эту статью. я его не люблю. физически его не люблю. и после того как возникла антипатия физически, я узнала историю об Алонсо, которая только подтвердила меня в моей антипатии. Адриан Кампос первый менеджер Фернандо Алонсо. это человек, который его сделал. Фернандо жил у него в доме несколько лет, знаком с его семьей. Алонсо из очень бедной семьи. он ездил у него в команде. не было денег, ему помогал Адриан Кампос. в Формулу 1 его привез Адриан Кампос, он познакомил его с Берни Экклстоуном, которому в тот момент потребовалась Испания. и он через Алонсо решил зайти в большую страну. дальше началось восхождение, нашлись более шустрые менеджеры в Формуле 1, которые приглядели Алонсо. и к сожалению, я думаю здесь возник некий диссонанс - ему уже был его предыдущий менеджер некой обузой. и Фернандо прекращает отношения с Адрианом Кампосом. для меня личный контакт это всегда очень важно. я для себя смотрю и думаю - я бы никогда с Алонсо даже есть за один стол не села. как-то физически неприятен. хотя, так, как от работает - это феноменально! он конечно работяга большой. и это второй человек, который сумел построить команду вокруг себя. как Шумахер поднял Феррари вокруг себя, так сейчас Алонсо - построил вокруг себя.

http://translate.google.com

QUESTION: the man who I think looks absolutely no one - it's Alonso. this impression?
ANSWER: I have a very peculiar attitude to Alonso. I am not afraid, even if he reads this article. I do not love him. physically do not like him. and after there was physically antipathy, I learned the story of Alonso, who only confirmed me in my dislike. Adrian Campos first manager Fernando Alonso. is the person who made it. Fernando lived in his house a few years, is familiar with his family. Alonso in a very poor family. He drove in his team. had no money, he helped Adrian Campos. in Formula 1 it brought Adrian Campos, he introduced him to Bernie Ecclestone, who at the time it took Spain. and he decided to go over Alonso in the large country. Then began the ascent, there were more nimble managers in Formula 1, which looked more closely Alonso. and unfortunately, I think there has arisen a certain dissonance - he already had his previous manager, a kind of burden. Fernando and terminate the relationship with Adrian Campos. for my personal contact is always very important. I look for yourself and think - I would never even have to Alonso at the same table is not the village. somehow physically unpleasant. though, as from work - it's phenomenal! He certainly big hunky. and a second man, who was able to build a team around him. Schumacher picked up as a Ferrari around, so now Alonso - has built around himself.

Edited by jj9, 16 August 2011 - 12:17.

#10070 bub

bub

• 2,247 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:29

More pics from the wrooom, this time everything in hires.

He's a witch

#10071 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,930 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:35

QUESTION: человек, который мне кажется внешне абсолютно никаким - это Алонсо. это такое впечатление?
ANSWER: у меня очень своеобразное отношение к Алонсо. я не боюсь, даже если он прочитает эту статью. я его не люблю. физически его не люблю. и после того как возникла антипатия физически, я узнала историю об Алонсо, которая только подтвердила меня в моей антипатии. Адриан Кампос первый менеджер Фернандо Алонсо. это человек, который его сделал. Фернандо жил у него в доме несколько лет, знаком с его семьей. Алонсо из очень бедной семьи. он ездил у него в команде. не было денег, ему помогал Адриан Кампос. в Формулу 1 его привез Адриан Кампос, он познакомил его с Берни Экклстоуном, которому в тот момент потребовалась Испания. и он через Алонсо решил зайти в большую страну. дальше началось восхождение, нашлись более шустрые менеджеры в Формуле 1, которые приглядели Алонсо. и к сожалению, я думаю здесь возник некий диссонанс - ему уже был его предыдущий менеджер некой обузой. и Фернандо прекращает отношения с Адрианом Кампосом. для меня личный контакт это всегда очень важно. я для себя смотрю и думаю - я бы никогда с Алонсо даже есть за один стол не села. как-то физически неприятен. хотя, так, как от работает - это феноменально! он конечно работяга большой. и это второй человек, который сумел построить команду вокруг себя. как Шумахер поднял Феррари вокруг себя, так сейчас Алонсо - построил вокруг себя.

QUESTION: the man who I think looks absolutely no one - it's Alonso. this impression?
ANSWER: I have a very peculiar attitude to Alonso. I am not afraid, even if he reads this article. I do not love him. physically do not like him. and after there was physically antipathy, I learned the story of Alonso, who only confirmed me in my dislike. Adrian Campos first manager Fernando Alonso. is the person who made it. Fernando lived in his house a few years, is familiar with his family. Alonso in a very poor family. He drove in his team. had no money, he helped Adrian Campos. in Formula 1 it brought Adrian Campos, he introduced him to Bernie Ecclestone, who at the time it took Spain. and he decided to go over Alonso in the large country. Then began the ascent, there were more nimble managers in Formula 1, which looked more closely Alonso. and unfortunately, I think there has arisen a certain dissonance - he already had his previous manager, a kind of burden. Fernando and terminate the relationship with Adrian Campos. for my personal contact is always very important. I look for yourself and think - I would never even have to Alonso at the same table is not the village. somehow physically unpleasant. though, as from work - it's phenomenal! He certainly big hunky. and a second man, who was able to build a team around him. Schumacher picked up as a Ferrari around, so now Alonso - has built around himself.

So let me get this straight... This person dislikes Alonso because he ditched Adrian Campos.

#10072 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 13:24

So let me get this straight... This person dislikes Alonso because he ditched Adrian Campos.

Can somebody explain the whole story a bit better for me?

#10073 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 13:53

If FA wanted to hire her as a manager, I doubt that she said "no".

Edited by jetalt, 16 August 2011 - 14:01.

#10074 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 14:33

Can somebody explain the whole story a bit better for me?

aqui - pero en español

#10075 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 14:35

If FA wanted to hire her as a manager, I doubt that she said "no".

:stoned: Fernando never would like someone like her as manager......

#10076 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 15:59

this woman looks like anything except a racing drivers' manager. maybe if you cut her in two halves there is another one inside, like matrioska dolls. to talk about her physical hatred to someone perfectly normal but from another race sounds much more 'redneckish', intolerant and racist than a couple of lads painted black in a carnival.

Edited by Nitropower, 16 August 2011 - 16:04.

#10077 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 16:09

If this woman was suggesting that Alonso was unfair to Campos, she is on drugs.

#10078 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:37

If this woman was suggesting that Alonso was unfair to Campos, she is on drugs.

Exactly. I've heard nothing but nice words from Adrian Campos about Alonso.

#10079 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 16:40

Well, hate for the sake of hating works that way.

BTW, Alonso never back-stabbed Campos, in fact it is the other way around. Alonso's famous fight with Todt ("Alonso will never drive for Ferrari as long as I am there") were because he stayed loyal to Campos.

Advertisement

#10080 Stuko

Stuko

• 565 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 17:19

BTW, Alonso never back-stabbed Campos, in fact it is the other way around. Alonso's famous fight with Todt ("Alonso will never drive for Ferrari as long as I am there") were because he stayed loyal to Campos.

Loyal to Campos and to Giancarlo Minardi. When Ferrari wanted him, he had contract with Minardi, he and Campos asked Todt to "purchase" that contract but Todt offered them Ferrari lawyers to break that contract. Campos and Alonso thought that was not fair to Minardi, finally Briatore bought that contract (Flavio always was a clever guy for F1 business.....).

Edited by Stuko, 17 August 2011 - 17:19.

#10081 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 17:32

What a load of BS. Campos was in Renault's box with Alonso's father the day Fernando won his first race, he took a flight to Hungary because he wanted to see that moment. Here's a video where he tells that and other things about his relationship with Fernando:

http://www.youtube.c...tailpage#t=365s

#10082 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 19:10

Alonso speaking with Surtees about Francorchamps......

#10083 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 21:16

I've got a feeling Fernando is gonna do something special at Spa.

#10084 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,056 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 22:29

I hope it is not too special, so that he finishes the race!!!  ;)

#10085 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 22:31

Alonso speaking with Surtees about Francorchamps......

Nice video. Thanks for posting it. :cool:

#10086 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:30

8 years ago......... :love:

#10087 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:44

i was there...nice race...

#10088 yr

yr

• 5,964 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 17:36

Let me guess... you have had feeling that Fernando is going to do something special before every race he has participated in GP, ever since he became a F1 driver, no?

#10089 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 20:40

Let me guess... you have had feeling that Fernando is going to do something special before every race he has participated in GP, ever since he became a F1 driver, no?

Did I say that? No so stop trying to put words into my mouth & stop trying to be a smartarse.

#10090 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 21:11

Did I say that? No so stop trying to put words into my mouth & stop trying to be a smartarse.

:up:
Will be a good race for Nando! SURE! :)

#10091 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 21:32

:up:
Will be a good race for Nando! SURE! :)

I hate people who come with crap like that but anyway Fernando should do well at Spa I can see him continuing his run of being on the podium.

#10092 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 22:18

I hate people who come with crap like that but anyway Fernando should do well at Spa I can see him continuing his run of being on the podium.

:well: "Hate" is a word I will never use speaking about people I don't know...have a good night!

#10093 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:34

I can read Russian and basically yes, the woman has three things to say:
1. she doesn't like Alonso's physical appearance
2. she doesn't like him because she says he betrayed Campos
3. she thinks he's a great driver

#10094 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:51

http://www.ferrari.c...es-michael.aspx

I didn’t do anything special, although I did tackle a little tour of Asturias by bicycle: it’s now become something of a tradition among my group of friends and this year we were joined by some of the guys from the team, including our sporting director, Massimo Rivola. It was good fun as well as being a useful way to do some training in preparation for the final part of the season. You know how much I love cycling and so it was great to share it with friends and I was pleased to discover people within Ferrari who share this interest. Who won? I did, but only because I’m fitter!

:rotfl: I wonder if his friends let him win.

#10095 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:58

Some pics from the Silestone campaign.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And pics from yesterdasy event on Brussels.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10096 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 16:25

video Silestone campaign

#10097 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:02

video Silestone campaign

Longer video with some Q&A.

#10098 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 13:47

Posted Image

It looked pretty good for Fernando in FP2! :)

#10099 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,930 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 14:02

Alonso was 4 tenths slower than Webber through the second sector though.

Advertisement

#10100 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 14:09

Alonso was 4 tenths slower than Webber through the second sector though.

Alonso was 1.2+ seconds ahead of Vettel. It is just practice. We will see reality in Q3 tomorrow.