Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#10551 spinster

spinster

• 618 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 22:46

Could you please provide such quote? I would be surprised if Domenicali had used such an expression as "fastest ever seen".

He told to Leo Turini during lunch...

Advertisement

#10552 oetzi

oetzi

• 3,049 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 22:51

McLaren said that Kimi was faster than Senna according to their information. Was a while ago, maybe 2003-5, can't remember. But they did.

Not saying they're right, but they did.

#10553 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,867 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 22:53

No more Kimi discussion, thank you.

#10554 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,867 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 23:02

Posts deleted.

No more Kimi discussion, thank you.

Just to translate; this means no more posts about Kimi Raikkonen. I really don't care is someone has posted something above which is so very very wrong that it absolutely definitely MUST be answered. Copy and paste it to the another thread.

#10555 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:51

Why not have a Kimi vs Alonso thread?Would help in keeping this one here clean.

#10556 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,867 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:56

This is why;
http://forums.autosp...=...mp;f=2&id=3

*Driver vs Driver threads:While threads which encourage debate such as pitching team mates against each other to compare performance or two drivers that have been involved in an incident are welcomed, threads which pitch two drivers against each other for no specific reason are not.

PM me if you wish to discuss this, the rules in general, or how they are implimented. That's not up for discussion here.

#10557 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:44

very good interview (spanish) with Colajanni

Speaking a lot of Ferrari drivers (Schumacher, Alonso, Kimi) and his relation with them.

#10558 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:11

Thanks for the link, I always forget to check that site after every race, they always have interesting stuff.

The interview in english, very interesting, it's not only about Fernando but the way Ferrari works with the media, among other things.

http://www.formulasa...s/hello-paddock

#10559 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:24

very good interview (spanish) with Colajanni

Speaking a lot of Ferrari drivers (Schumacher, Alonso, Kimi) and his relation with them.

I can't believe Mr. Colajanni's toughest moment in F1 was Abu Dhabi 2010... What about Hungary 2009? What a weird guy...

Edited by Jordana, 15 September 2011 - 12:25.

Advertisement

#10560 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 13:26

I can't believe Mr. Colajanni's toughest moment in F1 was Abu Dhabi 2010... What about Hungary 2009? What a weird guy...

"From a sporting point of view there are clearly two, all the team members who have been here for years will tell you the same thing: Suzuka 2006 and Abu Dhabi 2010".

#10561 TeamSideways

TeamSideways

• 647 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 13:29

Alonso.... not a very good defender
i mean

Hamilton in Germany - around the outside

Vettel,Button in Spa - around the outside at Les Combes

Vettel in Monza - around the outside at Curva Grande

whats happening with him ?

#10562 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 13:32

i mean

Wish I could take you serious...

#10563 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:12

"From a sporting point of view there are clearly two, all the team members who have been here for years will tell you the same thing: Suzuka 2006 and Abu Dhabi 2010".

What was Felipe doing when he crashed? Wasn't he doing the qualification for the Hungarian GP?

It's cristal clear that Mr. Colajanni's sporting point of view and mine are very different? That's all then!

#10564 TeamSideways

TeamSideways

• 647 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:13

Wish I could take you serious...

off you go then

#10565 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:18

What was Felipe doing when he crashed? Wasn't he doing the qualification for the Hungarian GP?

It's cristal clear that Mr. Colajanni's sporting point of view and mine are very different? That's all then!

No, Mr. Colajanni's sporting point of view it's the point of view of a normal human being because Massa's crash fits in personal point of view or human point of view if you ask me, it was about a person, about a human being, not about a car, a title, a win, or a race.

#10566 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:34

No, Mr. Colajanni's sporting point of view it's the point of view of a normal human being because Massa's crash fits in personal point of view or human point of view if you ask me, it was about a person, about a human being, not about a car, a title, a win, or a race.

Ah! OK, now I understand... I'm impressed how well you know Mr. Colajanni and how he thinks... Nice!

#10567 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:59

Ah! OK, now I understand... I'm impressed how well you know Mr. Colajanni and how he thinks... Nice!

It is not a matter of Kosmos knowing Mr Colajanni, it is a matter of applying the principle that he is not a heart-cold b***d and of not thinking the worst of him. I am sure that you will agree on this point.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 15 September 2011 - 15:00.

#10568 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:00

i mean

Cold tyres coming out of a pit stop or facing a car about 1,5 secs faster than his?

#10569 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:03

:up: I am happy that Alonso seems to have good relation to all this Ferrari guys. Everybody there is talking 'good' of him! And its only his second year in the red team. Colajanni also said that he is very integrated in the family!

#10570 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:20

It is not a matter of Kosmos knowing Mr Colajanni, it is a matter of applying the principle that he is not a heart-cold b***d and of not thinking the worst of him. I am sure that you will agree on this point.

OK, I agree with you. :p

#10571 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:25

i mean

Yawn.Stop littering

#10572 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:27

From Webber column on bbc.com.

Moving that many times was pushing the boundaries.

The incident between Seb and Fernando was completely different.

Fernando has copped some criticism for easing Seb out to the edge of the track but he did nothing wrong.

He did nothing erratic; it was a hard, consistent squeeze. They were side by side and, at some point, Seb touched the grass.

Posted Image

30 minutes to start, probably they will be a little late, but get your seat early! :rotfl:

http://www.ferrari.c...ember_2011.aspx

Edited by kosmos, 15 September 2011 - 15:29.

#10573 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 16:00

Posted Image

30 minutes to start, probably they will be a little late, but get your seat early! :rotfl:

http://www.ferrari.c...ember_2011.aspx

:well: can't logg in with my account...they don't recognize my 'hotmail'...in forum I can come in but not in the video chat! :cry:

Edited by puxanando, 15 September 2011 - 16:02.

#10574 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 16:01

It's on now!

#10575 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 16:39

Very cool chat, 30 minutes of fun. They even asked him what he thinks about the Alonso haters in Spain :wave: . He also said that his worst F1 race was China this year, he said that he was not satisfied with himself in that particular race. Someone asked about his favourite Italian food, and he said Pizza, you can eat pizza in every corner of the world, but the best one is done in Italy.

He also said that he is happy with Massa as teammate and it's not his decision who is his teammate. The aim is to win the next race but they have to wait till FP to see the car perfomance. Getting 3rd in Monza is better than getting 2nd in other circuits. From the circuits that no longer are in F1, he want Indianapolis back (I think he didn't know what to say). Schumacher is the best from current F1 and Senna the best all time.

No planning on having kids at the moment, he miss testing, DRS is OK, high expectation for next year.

To many question to remember, they video will be up at some point.

Edited by kosmos, 15 September 2011 - 16:42.

#10576 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 17:10

:| I have to wait the next chat...couldn't entry till it was finished!
Was it all in english?

#10577 TeamSideways

TeamSideways

• 647 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 23:52

Cold tyres coming out of a pit stop or facing a car about 1,5 secs faster than his?

well, hamilton wasn't 1.5 secs faster when he overtook alonso , and i thought that the tyres are being heated to operating temperature when it came out

#10578 HPT

HPT

• 1,208 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:15

well, hamilton wasn't 1.5 secs faster when he overtook alonso , and i thought that the tyres are being heated to operating temperature when it came out

Tires are heated to operating temperature, but it cools rapidly during the slow drive down the pit lane and the initial first few corners. That's why you keep hearing teams talk about 'cold tires'. It's the same during the warm up lap. Even though the blankets were just removed, all drivers weave to get heat back to the tires because the slow speed they are going during warm up isn't sufficient to keep them at operating temperature.

#10579 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,452 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:59

It is sad to see Alonso struggle that much after a pitstop... In some cases he is up to 5 seconds slower than the McLaren's and the Bull's.

Advertisement

#10580 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:30

Alonso out to ruin Vettel title party

Fernando Alonso believes he can prevent Sebastian Vettel taking title in Singapore

Another great headline by the autosport, quotes in the news have anything to do will Alonso wanting to ruin anything or even believing that he can prevent anything but they have to spin it to suit their agenda.

#10581 Techn1calSk1ll

Techn1calSk1ll

• 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:13

Another great headline by the autosport, quotes in the news have anything to do will Alonso wanting to ruin anything or even believing that he can prevent anything but they have to spin it to suit their agenda.

What tyres do we have available in singapore? do we know yet? Am i right in thinking its a low degredation circuit?

#10582 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:49

What tyres do we have available in singapore? do we know yet? Am i right in thinking its a low degredation circuit?

Soft and supersoft.

#10583 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:15

Tires are heated to operating temperature, but it cools rapidly during the slow drive down the pit lane and the initial first few corners. That's why you keep hearing teams talk about 'cold tires'. It's the same during the warm up lap. Even though the blankets were just removed, all drivers weave to get heat back to the tires because the slow speed they are going during warm up isn't sufficient to keep them at operating temperature.

Precisely, HPT. Plus, as we all have heard so often during this season, the Ferrari is too gentle on its tyres and it takes it a couple of laps to get some temperature back on them.

Now, TeamSideways: I understand that you may not be up to speed with these issues, nothing wrong with that since we all had to learn them (and are still learning). But you have to understand that if you come into Alonso's thread to post that he "is not a good defender" and present examples that are so easily explained, you run the risk of people mistaking good-faithed lack of knowledge (about the circumstances of said examples) with plain trolling. I think that it is just a matter of wording your questions differently.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 16 September 2011 - 10:19.

#10584 GreyArrow

GreyArrow

• 281 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:22

No; I am saying that he is in the official broadcast by the BBC, which by the way is a state-owned TV channel if I am not mistaken,

You are mistaken I'm afraid.

From Wiki:

The BBC is a corporation, independent from direct government intervention, with its activities being overseen by the BBC Trust (formerly the Board of Governors).[27] General management of the organisation is in the hands of a Director-General, who is appointed by the Trust; he is the BBC's Editor-in-Chief and chairs the Executive Board.

The public 'owns' the BBC, but it is funded by a licence fee which is collected by the government. That is somewhat different to the BBC being owned by the state.

#10585 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,630 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:37

From Wiki:

The BBC is a corporation, independent from direct government intervention, with its activities being overseen by the BBC Trust (formerly the Board of Governors).[27] General management of the organisation is in the hands of a Director-General, who is appointed by the Trust; he is the BBC's Editor-in-Chief and chairs the Executive Board.

The public 'owns' the BBC, but it is funded by a licence fee which is collected by the government. That is somewhat different to the BBC being owned by the state.

My understanding is the Crown owns the BBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC

#10586 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:09

Soft and supersoft.

:up:
the right ones

#10587 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:19

Very cool chat, 30 minutes of fun. They even asked him what he thinks about the Alonso haters in Spain :wave: . He also said that his worst F1 race was China this year, he said that he was not satisfied with himself in that particular race. Someone asked about his favourite Italian food, and he said Pizza, you can eat pizza in every corner of the world, but the best one is done in Italy.

He also said that he is happy with Massa as teammate and it's not his decision who is his teammate. The aim is to win the next race but they have to wait till FP to see the car perfomance. Getting 3rd in Monza is better than getting 2nd in other circuits. From the circuits that no longer are in F1, he want Indianapolis back (I think he didn't know what to say). Schumacher is the best from current F1 and Senna the best all time.

No planning on having kids at the moment, he miss testing, DRS is OK, high expectation for next year.

To many question to remember, they video will be up at some point.

thx for the short report :up:

#10588 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,132 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:54

From Wiki:

To be honest, I don't see the difference. This is the "acid test" in terms of ownership: if the BBC were to be brought to the market through an IPO, which entity will receive the proceeds? I understand that it will be a state entity such as the Treasury, very much what happened when British Telecom went public.

My understanding is the Crown owns the BBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC

I am a bit lost as to the distinction between "the Crown" and "the State"; in Spain there isn't such a difference, in the sense that most of what is owned by the Crown belongs to Patrimonio Nacional, and hence to the state. I have read that the Queen of England does own significant properties under her name, however, I thought that was limited to land and real state, is that not the case?

#10589 TeamSideways

TeamSideways

• 647 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:56

Precisely, HPT. Plus, as we all have heard so often during this season, the Ferrari is too gentle on its tyres and it takes it a couple of laps to get some temperature back on them.

Now, TeamSideways: I understand that you may not be up to speed with these issues, nothing wrong with that since we all had to learn them (and are still learning). But you have to understand that if you come into Alonso's thread to post that he "is not a good defender" and present examples that are so easily explained, you run the risk of people mistaking good-faithed lack of knowledge (about the circumstances of said examples) with plain trolling. I think that it is just a matter of wording your questions differently.

i am not convinced that the reason hamilton overtook alonso is the cold tyres because alonso could pervent that by being more awake and antcipating this move by hamilton

#10590 as65p

as65p

• 17,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 14:00

i am not convinced that the reason hamilton overtook alonso is the cold tyres because alonso could pervent that by being more awake and antcipating this move by hamilton

Even if he had an adrenalin injection during the pit stop wouldn't it have helped his tyre temperatures much.

#10591 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 14:05

Video chat available for everyone!, enjoy.

http://www.ferrari.c...ochat_fans.aspx

#10592 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 14:21

Video chat available for everyone!, enjoy.

http://www.ferrari.c...ochat_fans.aspx

thx, again ;)

pity, that not all is in english, but as ferrari is italian it is understandable.

about first part: the best thing was when he was talking about the internet minority not liking him and how he doesnt give a damn ;)

about seocond part: the first part again in italian, but i understood about what they were talking about abu dhabi 2010 and how shocked he was and about petrow.
the best thing was how wisely he answered the question about his worst and best race.

about thirs part: best part was about that maybe he will stay longer in f1 than we expect him to

Edited by YellowHelmet, 16 September 2011 - 14:55.

#10593 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 18:05

Alonso - Monza - Podio

#10594 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:35

:up: up there we want to see him in Singapur!

Posted Image

#10595 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 16:13

Late to the party.

Posted Image

#10596 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 18:18

:cat: You remember last year in Singapur?

#10597 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,520 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 18:38

:cat: You remember last year in Singapur?

wonder if this year with drs it will be possible to hold someone back

#10598 DLaw

DLaw

• 1,613 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 23:27

wonder if this year with drs it will be possible to hold someone back

Hell yes! :)

#10599 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,311 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:43

Vitantonio Liuzzi:

“I definitely think Alonso is still the best and, if not the best, then the most complete,” Liuzzi told Marca.

“I think he’s doing a very good job at Ferrari in taking his car to the very limit,”

http://www.yallaf1.c...-f1-not-vettel/

Glad some people are noticing how well Fernando is driving this year and his overall qualities.

Advertisement

#10600 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:31

Vitantonio Liuzzi:

http://www.yallaf1.c...-f1-not-vettel/

Glad some people are noticing how well Fernando is driving this year and his overall qualities.

Alonso is awesome this year. but its true, that eyes of a racing purist are needed to realise that, coz he is not driving for wins in the most races.
but i had a lot fun this year watching him.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 21 September 2011 - 10:33.