Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#11301 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 22:25

Fernando will do tomorrow something for UNICEF. Machine translation from french.

These shots are prepared by the UN to sterilise little Indian kids. Don't be so naive and wake up Fernando. Mercury and cancer viruses.

Advertisement

#11302 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 22:37

Neither did I say the bolded, nor is there anything amazing to the story, in fact it's all quite trivial for full-witted brains. Alonso claimed he could drive faster and once Massa was out of the way he proved just that. It doesn't get any simpler, I'm afraid.

You are right, it doesn't get much simpler if you start making up stuff that is. Alonso didn't say he could drive faster, he said “I am much quicker than Felipe [Massa]” . A world of difference.

Well, I'll explain it to you: total pit lane time includes pit stop time, making it a bit more relevant because of that. Not to speak of it being accurately measured, contrary to pitstop time. Consider this just another bit of data to help you understand F1 racing one day! :D

I will explain it to you. Pit stop time is the real measure of the screw up when something goes wrong. Case in point, the pitstop we are discussing. Massa was held a lot longer than the total pit lame time suggests.

And no, it's by no means certain Massa would have come out ahead of Rosberg with a stop as fast as Alonsos. It would have been closer, that's all one can say with certainty. To claim any more than that, one would have to know the snapshot time difference between the two at the moment Massa released the speed limiter at the end of the pit lane.

Because... because... I don't want to.

#11303 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 22:48

As much as I'd like to give FA a good bash (courtesy of 'some' fans) that Felipe baby has turned into a "moving chicane",I was surprised at Alonso being calm and collective behind "Slow-mo Massa",I was waiting for a bull-rush.

I really really hate team-orders,but there has to be a limit on how slow you can be!

Your post(s) reads like a tale full of sound and fury...

Edited by cardin, 25 October 2011 - 22:49.

#11304 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,680 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 22:56

Fernando will do tomorrow something for UNICEF. Machine translation from french.

No matter how many kids Fernando visits, I am sure it will not be enough for Cardin. :rolleyes:

#11305 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 23:10

Your post(s) reads like a tale full of sound and fury...

And yours read like Erich Segal's "Love story".
Anyway,carry on didn't mean to interrupt your 100 page manifesto.

#11306 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,868 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 23:11

Your, and a lot of other posters here, atempt to trivialise the incident by saying it's common currency in F1 would be very valid if it was true, but there's a huge problem with this
characterization; in three pages of debate you could only come up with 1 other example of this happening. Alonso, on the other hand, has at least 3(three) documented instances were he asked for team orders.

As for you not seeing a problem with the practice of team orders, specially when there's nothing important at play, what can I say ? I like car racing. I'm not sure what to call what you like.

So you have access to the FOM feeds? Share please.

#11307 as65p

as65p

• 17,127 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 23:56

You are right, it doesn't get much simpler if you start making up stuff that is. Alonso didn't say he could drive faster, he said “I am much quicker than Felipe [Massa]” . A world of difference.

But each as true as the other. :p

I will explain it to you. Pit stop time is the real measure of the screw up when something goes wrong. Case in point, the pitstop we are discussing. Massa was held a lot longer than the total pit lame time suggests.

Pit lame time, that was a good one, even if done inadvertently! :up: :lol:

Still the point stands that pit stop time isn't accurately measured. Still the point stands that effectively Massas stop was 2.66 secs slower than Alonsos from pit entry to exit. Not the 4+ seconds you invented.

Because... because... I don't want to.

You don't want what? See your pathetic "arguments" ripped apart? I understand that. Try to come up with something substantial next time. You can dream 24/7 about Massa coming out ahead of Rosberg, it still remains at best a 50/50 chance to everyone without blinkers.

Same for your refusal to accept Massa's own words on the matter:

"...then at the first pit stop, I rejoined the track behind Rosberg and Button. This was mainly because the team had to keep me on my spot because Michael was coming and also because the other two had pitted before me."

which totally debunk your idea of a team screw-up.

Leaving all the twists and polemics aside, the true picture remains as clear as anything: Alonso finding himself held up by Massa half the race (his own fault for not outqualifying / out-starting him, of course) and then finally showing his superior pace when Massa was out of the way. No twisted pseudo-analysis will change that picture, I'm afraid.

#11308 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 00:28

Pit lame time, that was a good one, even if done inadvertently! :up: :lol:

Funny, I haven't noticed that.

#11309 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 00:28

So you have access to the FOM feeds? Share please.

????

#11310 HPT

HPT

• 1,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:55

And yours read like Erich Segal's "Love story".
Anyway,carry on didn't mean to interrupt your 100 page manifesto.

:rotfl:

#11311 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:13

No matter how many kids Fernando visits, I am sure it will not be enough for Cardin. :rolleyes:

What was it that nbhb said earlier - that it is no surprise that Alonso is clever when it comes to politics?  ;)

#11312 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:50

And Damon had the cheek to disagree with the Red Bull team orders at Silverstone!

:down:

And EJ who criticized Ferrari and then with RBR was fine..

#11313 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:55

What was it that nbhb said earlier - that it is no surprise that Alonso is clever when it comes to politics? ;)

:)

Can you deny this?

#11314 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,471 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:00

I think we are all biased to a degree whether we are man enough to admit it or not. Ex-drivers/team owners are no different IMO, and you're always going to get contradictory comments.

#11315 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:21

Can you deny this?

Apparently not since he even uses little kids to make himself look good!

;)

#11316 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:24

My point is all that stuff is the team's concern. If he wants to let them know he thinks he is faster, let him. All drivers should do (and most already do, if they are every held up by a teammate.)

As pointed out by another comment, people like to rag on Alonso because of this, but in reality it comes down to the teams decision. Personally, I don't see a problem with Alonso's behavior. He just wants to get past someone he knows he can lap faster than, and the people he is talking to can influence that situation.

For once, I have no intention to critizise Fernando or the team ... But...

Don't you think that telling Felipe to move aside again it would have been a little too much?

And if Alonso was that much faster.... Why did he stand behind Felipe during so many laps? What did he have to lose to try to overtake him? I don't think Felipe would have tried to do anything stupid...

It's funny but everytime Alonso stands behind Felipe, there is alwasy fuss...

#11317 as65p

as65p

• 17,127 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:34

And if Alonso was that much faster.... Why did he stand behind Felipe during so many laps? What did he have to lose to try to overtake him? I don't think Felipe would have tried to do anything stupid...

:drunk: Nah, he never does... :lol:

#11318 as65p

as65p

• 17,127 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:37

Please stop discussing comments form Eddie Jordan as if they matter, that's hilarious. His shirts have more sense than him.

;)

#11319 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:42

:rotfl: with some of the strategy calls they have made this year you are too generous

On c'mon, there is no need to be that harsh... :lol:

But I must say that this team reminds me the pre Todt Ferrari and of course, that's not good... For the Tifosi... For the rest, it's a different story...  ;)

Advertisement

#11320 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:44

:drunk: Nah, he never does... :lol:

Wait, wait... I don' know what you are talking about? Sorry but I don't remember once Felipe did anything wrong against Alonso... Perhaps he did, it could be but as I said, I don't remember it.

#11321 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:48

Wait, wait... I don' know what you are talking about? Sorry but I don't remember once Felipe did anything wrong against Alonso... Perhaps he did, it could be but as I said, I don't remember it.

:smoking: Anytime its more important that you remember your daddy's name!

#11322 mprtc

mprtc

• 249 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:03

Fernando Alonso will win Indian GP :love:

#11323 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:03

:smoking: Anytime its more important that you remember your daddy's name!

Daddy's name? I think it's more important mom's name... At least, we all know who our mother is... Our dad... That's a different story... :rotfl:

#11324 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:06

Apparently not since he even uses little kids to make himself look good!

;)

Let's not exagerate, we don't know if this is true...

#11325 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:11

For how long are you follow F1? The 2007 European GP race and after the race :D

Edited by nbhb, 26 October 2011 - 10:13.

#11326 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,502 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:20

Everytime I come here and see this so called Kimi fans posting more here than in the Kimi thread, it amuse me. Quite sad that to support your favourite driver you have to disrupt and even troll other drivers thread.

#11327 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:26

For how long are you follow F1? The 2007 European GP race and after the race :D

I meant since they drive for the same team.

#11328 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:34

Everytime I come here and see this so called Kimi fans posting more here than in the Kimi thread, it amuse me. Quite sad that to support your favourite driver you have to disrupt and even troll other drivers thread.

Being honest... You don't look like being very amused about seeing me around but I am a free person and I can post wherever I want... As everybody else...

By the way, do you count my posts? I guess you do because if not, how could you know where I post and how many posts I write?... You are an amazing person, I mean it!

#11329 as65p

as65p

• 17,127 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:40

I meant since they drive for the same team.

Massa has two drivers in the current field he fights against tooth and nail: Hamilton and his teammate. The rest of the field doesn't need to worry much about Felipe baby. You know what JPM would say about people not recognizing that? If in doubt, search for the 2004 Imola PC on youtube.  ;)

#11330 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:09

I think it goes to show how much it sucks when your favorite driver dumps their fans in exchange for cash in his pocket. It leaves you very bitter and miserable.

#11331 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:21

I think it goes to show how much it sucks when your favorite driver dumps their fans in exchange for cash in his pocket. It leaves you very bitter and miserable.

:up: +1

Hope Kimi will come back soon and so they can concentrate on his performance! :)

#11332 spinster

spinster

• 597 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:33

as bitter as yours fernando can't win any WDC anymore despite having everything he wants...

Car
Money
People
Sponsor
N1 status

#11333 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,598 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:04

[quote name='fabr68' date='Oct 26 2011, 13:09' post='5359894']
[/quote
I think it just goes to show how stupid your post is,every driver would dump their fans in exchange for cash in the pocket!

Edited by Callisto, 26 October 2011 - 13:05.

#11334 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:15

Massa has two drivers in the current field he fights against tooth and nail: Hamilton and his teammate. The rest of the field doesn't need to worry much about Felipe baby. You know what JPM would say about people not recognizing that? If in doubt, search for the 2004 Imola PC on youtube. ;)

I don't know if Felipe is fighting or crashing Hamilton but... Alonso? C'mon...

And, talking about JPM, with all due respect, the Colombian schooling somebody (whoever, it does not matter)... What a joke! :lol: :lol:

#11335 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:17

:up: +1

Hope Kimi will come back soon and so they can concentrate on his performance! :)

Seb, Schumi... And now, Kimi... I'm going to need a lot of concentration... :cool:

#11336 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:20

Bitter and miserable? Oh well, Aren't you exaggerating a little bit? Or are you saying that based on your own experience?  ;)

#11337 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 1,936 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:28

By the way, do you count my posts? I guess you do because if not, how could you know where I post and how many posts I write?... You are an amazing person, I mean it!

Without getting into this debate, a technical note might be informative and perhaps even amusing. If you click the number of replies shown next to the thread title in the forum index, it will bring up a list of people who have posted in that thread ranked by the number of their posts. As of now, taking this thread as an example, the following people are the most active posters in this thread:
  • YellowHelmet 839
  • AlanWake 384
  • as65p 359
  • kosmos 321
  • puxanando 258

#11338 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:30

Daddy's name? I think it's more important mom's name... At least, we all know who our mother is... Our dad... That's a different story... :rotfl:

Yes, because you girls are mean and fool us.

#11339 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,680 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:38

Without getting into this debate, a technical note might be informative and perhaps even amusing. If you click the number of replies shown next to the thread title in the forum index, it will bring up a list of people who have posted in that thread ranked by the number of their posts. As of now, taking this thread as an example, the following people are the most active posters in this thread:

• YellowHelmet 839
  • AlanWake 384
  • as65p 359
  • kosmos 321
  • puxanando 258

Hey that's pretty cool. I never knew that. Thanks for the tip.

Advertisement

#11340 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:45

• YellowHelmet 839
  • AlanWake 384
  • as65p 359
  • kosmos 321
  • puxanando 258

That's really something... I did not know it either... I thank you for this information because,belonging to the "opposition", it's priceless... :lol:

#11341 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 13:47

Yes, because you girls are mean and fool us.

We are mean indeed and yeah, we, at least, try to fool you (men) as often as possible... :lol: :lol:

#11342 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,502 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 14:16

Kimi Raikkonen news and discussion thread (merged) - Jordana 27
Fernando Alonso (merged) - Jordana 67

Sorry for the offtopic guys, the sooner she get exposed the better.

#11343 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 14:21

:cat: Even she knows that Alonso is more interesting & the better driver! Secret love!

#11344 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,502 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 14:43

A new video from Cosentino, Fernando stuff starts at 2:10 more or less, it's something like a video summary of Cosentino and Fernando relationship through the years.

#11345 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:33

Impressive... Is there a way I can thank you for exposing me? :kiss:

But don't ask me to leave this topic because I won't... We'll see when I reach 100... :lol:

#11346 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:38

:cat: Even she knows that Alonso is more interesting & the better driver! Secret love!

Ay, ay, ay... Alonso interesting? no, no, not really... Just leave it like that... A better driver? Oh well, we'll talk about it when he wins a championship for the Maranello Team... If that day arrives, of course...  ;)

But I must say that Alonso's fans are very interesting... Also a little over sensitive sometimes but you are all OK... In fact, I feel comfortable among you... :love:

#11347 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:50

But I must say that Alonso's fans are very interesting... Also a little over sensitive sometimes but you are all OK... In fact, I feel comfortable among you... :love:

:up: We *ALONSOfans are the best!

#11348 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 15:55

:up: We *ALONSOfans are the best!

The best, the best... Not yet... But don't give up...  ;)

#11349 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,680 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:39

Ay, ay, ay... Alonso interesting? no, no, not really... Just leave it like that... A better driver? Oh well, we'll talk about it when he wins a championship for the Maranello Team... If that day arrives, of course... ;)

I find it puzzling why your crowd doesn't seem to ever count the two WDC's Alonso has won.

#11350 faaaz

faaaz

• 1,870 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 16:51

Ay, ay, ay... Alonso interesting? no, no, not really... Just leave it like that... A better driver? Oh well, we'll talk about it when he wins a championship for the Maranello Team... If that day arrives, of course... ;)

Maybe if the Maranello engineers didn't screw up in Abu Dhabi..or back home in the wind tunnel with this year's car.  ;)