Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#1101 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,352 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:38

Why does Alonso always moan when he's not winning? OK so Hamilton made an honest mistake and should have been punished sooner. But Hamilton also drove quicker in Qualifying and was ahead of FA. If the positions were reversed would Lewis be moaning as much as Fernando is? I really doubt that.

Alonso is just a moaning cry baby. How is it that at Mclaren Lewis has no problem with Jenson? Yet before FA had even joined Ferrari he had already upset Massa..... There is a pattern developing here about FA's character and maybe just maybe we now see why LH is considered by some to be the better driver!

It is precisely this need among some online contributors to reduce EVERYTHING to a Hamilton-Alonso bashfest that depresses me so much.

Advertisement

#1102 Campeador

Campeador

• 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:39

Why does Alonso always moan when he's not winning? OK so Hamilton made an honest mistake and should have been punished sooner. But Hamilton also drove quicker in Qualifying and was ahead of FA. If the positions were reversed would Lewis be moaning as much as Fernando is? I really doubt that.

Alonso is just a moaning cry baby. How is it that at Mclaren Lewis has no problem with Jenson? Yet before FA had even joined Ferrari he had already upset Massa..... There is a pattern developing here about FA's character and maybe just maybe we now see why LH is considered by some to be the better driver!

Don't let your nationalistic tabloid wash your brain so much.

#1103 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:39

alonso yet gets badly punched today by whiting and he's just a moaner,

hamilton cheats, breaks the rules and is again hero... this bb will never cease to amaze me

#1104 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:43

hamilton cheats, breaks the rules and is again hero... this bb will never cease to amaze me

Its a british BB,so its expected.You guys will get bans more easily than Hamilton fans,but you have to live with that.Im kinda appaled of the abuse you guys are getting.Fortunately i can watch races with neutral perspective now.It really is relaxing.

#1105 meat

meat

• 691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:44

It just so weird to watch how Alonso totally lost he´s cool when hammy is involved.He really should talk to someone professional :lol:

#1106 Flamini

Flamini

• 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:45

His complaining of Hamilton over the radio while not concentrating on his own race was idiotic.

I understand this is a joke, because Hamilton did exactly the same thing in Australia (complained of McLaren bad strategy on the last few laps instead of overtaking Alonso) and i didn't remember McLaren fans call him an idiot. Really.

Double standards.

If the positions were reversed would Lewis be moaning as much as Fernando is? I really doubt that.

Same story, Hamilton complained even against his team in Australia!

#1107 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:47

Got to love FA's passion. If it was only desire that made you win, he would win everytime.

Desire Abstract noun - Petulance

#1108 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:48

And remember:

-If Alonso is favored by a SC, he got lucky.
-If anyother does it is just that he got the best ouf of the situation :rotfl:

#1109 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:49

He didn't decide his strategy alone, they had to listen what engineers have seen on the computers. He had nothing to lose because he finished 15 on Saturday and he had to do something completely different to the rest of the teams.

Wrong.
Alonso was 'inspired' in Nelsinho success in Nurburgring, when he stoped early and won several positions due to a yellow flag.

#1110 Vilenova

Vilenova

• 2,854 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:52

I wonder if Alonzo has pictures of Lewis in every room of his house?

He showed a very immature side today and a lack of focus to the point where even the team had to step in and tell him to settle down.
And then he got owned by Koba.

#1111 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,656 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:52

Alonso looks very bad this season - when you compare 2010 with 2007/2008 Kimi-Massa duo - 2007/2008 looked much stronger. He is still extremely fast, but makes so much mistakes and sometimes has problems with getting his tyres to work - similar thing that happened to him in 2007. and back then he blamed it on Ron Dennis.

This race after pitstop I at least expected him to get one or two places on track - instead he lost one. Far from perfect driving. His obsession with Lewis Hamilton shows much frustrations.

#1112 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:55

I wonder if Alonzo has pictures of Lewis in every room of his house?

He showed a very immature side today and a lack of focus to the point where even the team had to step in and tell him to settle down.

immature?
he was realistic, by saying their race was unfairly derogated!

I dont know what is wrong with that if a person says this?

#1113 se7en_24

se7en_24

• 14,286 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:55

I hear Alonso was on grooved tyres as well, just like in testing! :rotfl:

#1114 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:56

immature?
he was realistic, by saying their race was unfairly derogated!

I dont know what is wrong with that if a person says this?

just one word: Singapore

(sure FA didn't know)

#1115 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,882 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:57

passing under yellow is amusing as he passed chandock under yellow on lap 1 at monaco... but no one noticed pretty much

#1116 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:57

His obsession with Lewis Hamilton shows much frustrations.

obsession :confused:
if it was vettel, that would have gained through a foul, he would have reacted the same
if it was webber, that would have gained through a foul, he would have reacted the same
if it was kubica, that would have gained through a foul, he would have reacted the same
if it was chandhok, that would have gained through a foul, he would have reacted the same
etc.

it was unfair, and that ruined his race!

#1117 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:58

passing under yellow is amusing as he passed chandock under yellow on lap 1 at monaco... but no one noticed pretty much

because he let chandhok pass back!

#1118 NeilMick

NeilMick

• 530 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:58

That is just a stupid comment to make, it was impossible for him to see that yellow flag. Move on. :clap:

#1119 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:59

just one word: Singapore

(sure FA didn't know)

?

what has that to do, with what happened today?

in singapore few persons from a team cheated?

today the stewards did!

Advertisement

#1120 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

He gave back the position. And then you guys complain about Alonso fans asking for undeserved penalties :lol:

#1121 Flamini

Flamini

• 849 posts

Because he passed one second after yellow flag was deployed? Where is time to react?

#1122 Flamini

Flamini

• 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:00

He gave back the position. And then you guys complain about Alonso fans asking for undeserved penalties :lol:

Gave back? Even better :lol:

#1123 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:00

I hear Alonso was on grooved tyres as well, just like in testing! :rotfl:

? why because he letted kamikaze kobayashi pass?
everybody who is driving for championship would have done the same, otherwise --> crash, that was smart!

#1124 Jelinski619

Jelinski619

• 537 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:01

Lewis was just indecisive. Fernando needs to stop moaning and whining about what Lewis is doing and focus on his own driving. Maybe then he might get some results for a change ;)

#1125 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:03

Lewis was just indecisive. Fernando needs to stop moaning and whining about what Lewis is doing and focus on his own driving. Maybe then he might get some results for a change ;)

if the fia lets him, sure he would! ;)

#1126 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,656 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:06

if the fia lets him, sure he would! ;)

Oh, so now FIA overpumps Alonso tyres so he can't qualify in front of Hamilton? :)

#1127 Jelinski619

Jelinski619

• 537 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:07

How has the FIA stopped Alonso racing? He has been way below-par this season through his own fault.

Edited by Jelinski619, 27 June 2010 - 17:07.

#1128 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:08

Oh, so now FIA overpumps Alonso tyres so he can't qualify in front of Hamilton? :)

in canada they costed him the win (although starting behind hamilton), and here a 3rd or a possible 2nd place!

#1129 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:10

How has the FIA stopped Alonso racing? He has been way below-par this season through his own fault.

fia costed him at least 21 (if not 24) points in the last two races!
10 points in canada
and 11 (or maybe 14 points) today,
sum it up,
and then you have your answer!

#1130 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,656 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:11

in canada they costed him the win (although starting behind hamilton), and here a 3rd or a possible 2nd place!

How the hell did they do that?

#1131 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:11

Fernando-Lewis rivalry clouding our judgement?

Lewis is in his right to play it on the edge of the rules, like to performing aggresive overtakes. it's all part of his style. that's fine.
but the rules exist for a reason, and having race direction and stewards systematically bend them for his short-term benefit, is going to damage him in the long term. He doesn't want to be remembered as an unsporty driver, right? well, they not only consent but sometimes even promote him playing it on the edge. it must be really economically profitable for it to be that way.
if only out of self interest, Lewis fans should reconsider this situation, that makes it very hard to sell this driver as the best; and chase for clean races. Lewis is fast enough to race anyone without external helps!!

BUT what happened today was enough of a scandal for all fans to aggree on.
The timing of the SC deployment, the timing of the penalty, the timing and amount of the other penalties...
it was clearly a manipulated race.
this is not good for anyone.

we shouldnt let this kind of things happen again. to anyone.
it is completely unacceptable and is damaging the competition as a whole.

-crying baby- vs -troll-

please think before bashing
this kind of reasoning only makes the poster look stupid and waste our time

P.D:
accidental cheating
honest mistake
(i am amazed what i learn today)

#1132 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,915 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:12

I think he's going to mention something about blue flags or something else that's rubbish... maybe Charlie should've let him get away with the jump-start...

#1133 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:15

BUT what happened today was enough of a scandal for all fans to aggree on.
The timing of the SC deployment, the timing of the penalty, the timing and amount of the other penalties...

+1 :up:

#1134 Jay101

Jay101

• 614 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:20

All this talk of Singapore 2008 and the defence of no proof that Alonso knew of the conspiracy.

Even if you do give Alonso the benefit of doubt and say he new nothing about it, the fact remains that after the scandal and punishments were handed out Alonso was asked do you feel you still deserved the win title and he replied yes because he finished first and knew nothing of the race fix. No mention of the race being manipulated by his own team and that he felt sorry for the fans who went to see that race, the bloke is a hypocrite.

So it's ok for his team to manipulate a race and the paying fans just have to suck it up then.

How anyone can support a driver with that attitude is beyond me.

#1135 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:24

So it's ok for his team to manipulate a race and the paying fans just have to suck it up then.

How anyone can support a driver with that attitude is beyond me.

because your association-chain is bullshit? :confused:

because alonso won in 2008, he is not alowed to say, if a race is manipluated :confused:

#1136 asmodeo

asmodeo

• 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:24

http://www.jamesalle...ms-as-too-slow/

That lap Trulli did a 1m 24.7 and says that no blue flags were waved at him that lap.

#1137 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,656 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:37

http://www.jamesalle...ms-as-too-slow/

That lap Trulli did a 1m 24.7 and says that no blue flags were waved at him that lap.

And you think this was done on purpose? Just as Alonso had heaps of luck in many races in his career, now he is on a bad luck streak. Nothing unusual.

#1138 Raketemensch

Raketemensch

• 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:45

Simple and obvious from the evidence: safety car deployed, Hamilton thought he would be ahead at the second safety car line where it joined the track (and he wasn't; a split-second hesitation cost him the metre or two distance he would have had ahead of the safety car). Honest mistake and a fair penalty (which cost Hamilton his chance of challenging Vettel at the front and possibly being on the top step). You have to be bloody stupid to think that given the circumstances and the split-second timing that it was a deliberate 'well right, let's **** Alonso's race here then' decision.

Also:It's Ferrari that made a bollocks of their pit stop bringing both cars in at once and stacking them in the pitlane.

How it's 'manipulated' exactly I'm not sure (because golden boy Alonso still finishes eighth after all the penalties, apparently).

#1139 Jay101

Jay101

• 614 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:46

because your association-chain is bullshit? :confused:

because alonso won in 2008, he is not alowed to say, if a race is manipluated :confused:

Because he showed no thought for the fans who watched a manipulated Singapore 2008 race even to the point of stating he still felt he deserved the win.

If he was so concerned about the fans watching a manipulated race today he didn't show any concerns for the viewers of Singapore 2008 in any interviews even if he knew nothing about the race fix, he simply just said that he deserved the win.

In my eyes a proper sportsman would state something like "If a race was fixed for a driver then that driver does not deserve to win whether that driver knew of the fix or not and it robbed the fans of a proper race."

Advertisement

#1140 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,459 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:47

I think its fair to say the Alonso/Hamilton rivalry is maybe getting in the way here. It wasn't fair that the safety car only slowed the two Ferrari drivers. If Hamilton had got caught behind the SC like he should have been I would have said it was unfair for the three of them to get caught behind the SC. I think this picture sums it up, the two Ferrari drivers caught behind the SC while Vettel and Hamilton were making their way round to the pits. Something in the rules need changed, I think banning pit stops behind the SC is a good idea.

http://img441.images...1/121712913.jpg

#1141 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:52

Because he showed no thought for the fans who watched a manipulated Singapore 2008 race even to the point of stating he still felt he deserved the win.

he didnt know, so why should he feel bad?
hamilton made the mistake on his own! --> difference

#1142 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:53

Safety car or not, what concerns me more is that Alonso allowed this incident to affect his entire race.

ok so it's not the best of race tracks for over taking, but Alonso we know would have been more aggressive - I just wonder if his mind set is not quite in the zone right now...

Edited by Ellios, 27 June 2010 - 17:54.

#1143 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:54

fia costed him at least 21 (if not 24) points in the last two races!
10 points in canada
and 11 (or maybe 14 points) today,
sum it up,
and then you have your answer!

Pay-back time..? From FIA I mean?

#1144 rko281

rko281

• 696 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:56

What you guys think about the team-radio?
"What was his position before the penalty? What's his position after the penalty?".. after Kobayashi overtook him
and earlier in the race:
"Keep talking to Charlie about Hamilton, it's the only thing you should keep doing in the race"

On a boring race, this was indeed funny to hear :lol:

P.S. I didn't hear very well so please free to correct me if these are not the exact words :p

#1145 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:57

Safety car or not, what concerns me more is that Alonso allowed this incident to affect his entire race.

ok so it's not the best of race tracks for over taking, but Alonso we know would have been more aggressive - I just wonder if his mind set is not quite in the zone right now...

? his team was saying, that the others will get penalised or at least they are under investigation. and in valencia there is no possibility to overtake, unless you are trying harakiri-style of koba (with fresh tyres)
dont forget alonso was behind sutil most of the time (fast car on straights and a silly driver, who is known for causing accidents!)

#1146 Campeador

Campeador

• 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 17:57

There are two different questions and I think people are mixing them all the time.

1.- SC compromised Alonso's race. That's racing.

2.- Hamilton bent the rules and he got a penalty that amounted to nothing.

The problem is not what's happened today, the problem is the many times it has happened with Hamilton this season.

#1147 Raketemensch

Raketemensch

• 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:00

There are two different questions and I think people are mixing them all the time.

1.- SC compromised Alonso's race. That's racing.

2.- Hamilton bent the rules and he got a penalty that amounted to nothing.

It didn't amount to nothing, it cost him the opportunity to challenge Vettel for first (which he would have been in position to do without the penalty) and very possibly the win. Which I'd certainly not call 'nothing'.

#1148 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:02

It didn't amount to nothing,

no it didnt!
he made a mistake, and still finished a position higher than the one started from.

#1149 Flamini

Flamini

• 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:04

It didn't amount to nothing, it cost him the opportunity to challenge Vettel for first (which he would have been in position to do without the penalty) and very possibly the win. Which I'd certainly not call 'nothing'.

Hamilton would have been on P2 if he stayed behind SC like Alonso?

#1150 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:04

I just wonder if his mind set is not quite in the zone right now...

in the zone...

they f***d his race, greatly ruining WDC options.
raped by a train and you interpret it like FA not handling the pressure well?

i think you are a troll

try getting 70+
http://www.iqtest.dk