Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#11501 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,032 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 22:12

It's complicated because neither Button nor Alonso are in the same league as Vettel, who is a perfect on saturday.

And the Red Bull need clean air for the best perfomance, otherwise see Webber. The straight line speed is even with KERS and DRS often lower than the speed from Ferrari, Mclaren or Mercedes without DRS.

:lol:

Until now I thought that you were genuinely engaging in a discussion, but now I see that is not the case indeed. My fault, I was very naive.

Advertisement

#11502 krea

krea

• 710 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 22:23

I don't know if a Alonso is better because he is better, it's a lot better.

But thank you for the information

#11503 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:38

Fernando is the driver selected for the onboard lap on the F1 site from the Indian GP

http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/

#11504 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:29

It's complicated because neither Button nor Alonso are in the same league as Vettel, who is a perfect on saturday.

And the Red Bull need clean air for the best perfomance, otherwise see Webber. The straight line speed is even with KERS and DRS often lower than the speed from Ferrari, Mclaren or Mercedes without DRS.

"maybe"

We know the Red Bull is clearly the best car if you on position one after the first turn. And we know Vettel and Hamilton are the best Q3 drivers, so firstly I would say Hamilton is better suited for the Red Bull than Button or Alonso. And we know Hamilton has a bad year, with too many mistakes.

- so, the RBR car is so sh!t!e on the straight line. Straight line speed is the most important criteria for a car to be fastest on 1 lap. STR must be the best car on the grid.
- so, Vettel is in another league than Alonso and Button on saturday, is him making the difference, not the car. Can I dare to ask you if you have some evidence?
- so, Hamilton too is faster in Q3, who was beaten by Alonso 9-8 on Q2's in 2007.
- Newey is probably a sh!t!e engineer, but is Vettel that makes the car faster.

Now, please be honest and tell us which is your other nickname. Could be @Alarcon, or @gillesthegenius or maybe @bourbon? Be honest...

I have no reason to believe Alonso (or Button, Hamilton) would win against Vettel even with the same car, although I think he would have more points than Webber.

No reason. It's clear, Vettel is the boss. :lol: :lol:

P.S. Let's see how the "wonder kid" will do next year without EBD, coz in the only race without he didn't impress us Saturday, Sanday, all weekend long.

#11505 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:31

:lol:

Until now I thought that you were genuinely engaging in a discussion, but now I see that is not the case indeed. My fault, I was very naive.

:lol: :lol:

#11506 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:17

Alonso - on board lap - India

#11507 krea

krea

• 710 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:11

- so, the RBR car is so sh!t!e on the straight line. Straight line speed is the most important criteria for a car to be fastest on 1 lap. STR must be the best car on the grid.
- so, Vettel is in another league than Alonso and Button on saturday, is him making the difference, not the car. Can I dare to ask you if you have some evidence?
- so, Hamilton too is faster in Q3, who was beaten by Alonso 9-8 on Q2's in 2007.
- Newey is probably a sh!t!e engineer, but is Vettel that makes the car faster.

Now, please be honest and tell us which is your other nickname. Could be @Alarcon, or @gillesthegenius or maybe @bourbon? Be honest...

No reason. It's clear, Vettel is the boss. :lol: :lol:

P.S. Let's see how the "wonder kid" will do next year without EBD, coz in the only race without he didn't impress us Saturday, Sanday, all weekend long.

It's bullshit. The Red Bull is a car with strenghts and weaknesses and you need a suitable driver for it. And yes Red Bull-Vettel is the best combination of car and driver, but I know it's hard to understand for you, because Alonso is perfect, makes no mistakes and won his last world champion title for five years

#11508 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 13:46

It's bullshit. The Red Bull is a car with strenghts and weaknesses and you need a suitable driver for it. And yes Red Bull-Vettel is the best combination of car and driver, but I know it's hard to understand for you, because Alonso is perfect, makes no mistakes and won his last world champion title for five years

Nobody has said he's perfect, as for the championship let's look at what you say:

2006: WDC

2007: MaCa no way he was going to win w/the team favoring Lewis and all the problems.

2008 & 2009: Renault wasn't very strong would you not agree?

2010: Ferrari had one of the stronger cars but not the strongest and only lost by a point.

2011: the car is obviously crap.

You obviously have your own agenda and aren't open to discussion so I'm done with you. Good day.

#11509 joshb

joshb

• 3,269 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 15:40

yeah, that race where he missed pole by 0.03 seconds and could well have won but for a problem at the pitstop.

#11510 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 15:55

Audio interview with Fernando.

http://p.audio.uol.c.../blogalonso.mp3

right click, save as.

yeah, that race where he missed pole by 0.03 seconds and could well have won but for a problem at the pitstop.

Mark got the pole, Vettel should have done a better job, more when his teammete got the pole. The pitstop it's an excuse, he even gained time in the two first pitstop and finished 16 seconds behind Alonso, that day it was Alonso's race, with pitstop or without it, from lap 21 till the end Alonso dominated that race. And let's not talk about "maintain the gap Mark", in Silverstone Vettel didn't do the best job compared to MArk and Fernando and still finished 2nd, so don't make excuses, Vettel don't need them.

Edited by kosmos, 05 November 2011 - 15:56.

#11511 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 15:58

It's the best combination of the 2 drivers that have actually raced with it, but you have no idea how anyone else on the grid might have got on with it.

#11512 yr

yr

• 5,941 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 16:16

from a racing purist view, what alonso is doing right now with that ferrari is one of the greatest performances, the world has witnessed ever. :up:

:rotfl: Yeah, sure... whatever :rolleyes:

#11513 joshb

joshb

• 3,269 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 17:23

Mark got the pole, Vettel should have done a better job, more when his teammete got the pole. The pitstop it's an excuse, he even gained time in the two first pitstop and finished 16 seconds behind Alonso, that day it was Alonso's race, with pitstop or without it, from lap 21 till the end Alonso dominated that race. And let's not talk about "maintain the gap Mark", in Silverstone Vettel didn't do the best job compared to MArk and Fernando and still finished 2nd, so don't make excuses, Vettel don't need them.

Wasn't trying to make excuses, simply responding to what someone thought was a poor performance. I think the post in question was 1 race out. Germany was rubbish but Silverstone wasn't terrible

#11514 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 18:10

Josh, Vettel struggled for pace and with tyres almost all weekend, you know this. I don't think we can argue too much here, because we are both resonable enough to admit when our favorite driver doesn't have a great day.

#11515 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 18:17

Webber is only fourth, so the WDC is not that to easy to win with the Red Bull, although it's a great car.

No, Webber is just making it look a lot harder than it is. We're talking about Mark Webber here... Mark Webber.... he's hardly a superstar is he...

#11516 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,625 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 18:34

http://youtu.be/zK1wHD9_bu8?t=4m35s

I must say... I am really surprised because I didn't expect this from someone as private and quiet as Fernando. He never ceases to impress me :p

:up: :cool:
i played a bob sinclair remix at my dj nyt last week,great producer/dj,also good to see alonso having fun to some cool house music

#11517 yr

yr

• 5,941 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 19:15

No, Webber is just making it look a lot harder than it is. We're talking about Mark Webber here... Mark Webber.... he's hardly a superstar is he...

But Webber is surely better than Massa in his current form, eh? We are talking about Massa here...Felipe Massa...he´s hardly a superstar is he...

So, if Webber is much better than Massa is in his current form, then perhaps, just perhaps, this all nonsense about "Red bull being a second faster than next fastest car" can be burried? Or could you explaine to me why Vettel trashing Webber means Webber is shit but Alonso trashing Massa means Alonso is great?

#11518 krea

krea

• 710 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:06

It's the best combination of the 2 drivers that have actually raced with it, but you have no idea how anyone else on the grid might have got on with it.

to believe the other top drivers are significantly better than Vettel is just fanboyish.

#11519 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:13

to believe the other top drivers are significantly better than Vettel is just fanboyish.

I didnt say that though did I. I don't think there is much between the top drivers, but as they are not in the same car there is no direct comparison. The only thing we can say is that this season MW has not been anywhere close.

Advertisement

#11520 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:22

But Webber is surely better than Massa in his current form, eh? We are talking about Massa here...Felipe Massa...he´s hardly a superstar is he...

So, if Webber is much better than Massa is in his current form, then perhaps, just perhaps, this all nonsense about "Red bull being a second faster than next fastest car" can be burried? Or could you explaine to me why Vettel trashing Webber means Webber is shit but Alonso trashing Massa means Alonso is great?

I think both Webber and Massa are pants. Alonso and Vettel are very good.

#11521 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,240 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:23

Very true.

It's just a shame you don't see that it works both ways.

#11522 Aieljose

Aieljose

• 676 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:24

Nobody said webber is shit or the RB7 is a second faster than anything else. Your just making stuff up and if you need someone to explain to you why alonso has been driving great then you must not have been paying much attention to any races this season.

#11523 krea

krea

• 710 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:30

Very true.

It's just a shame you don't see that it works both ways.

I was talking here about the qualifying perfomance and ,yeah, this is one of the biggest strenght of Vettel.

#11524 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:37

I was talking here about the qualifying perfomance and ,yeah, this is one of the biggest strenght of Vettel.

It definitely is a strength but you don't know how well Alonso, Button or Hamilton would qualify with the RB7. So the discussion is pointless...

Also, I have read many times here that Alonso is not that great over a single lap but history tells us otherwise. He pretty much matched Hamilton for poles in 2007 and Hamilton is generally considered to be one of the better qualifiers...

#11525 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 21:44

Also one of the biggest strengths of the car itself, but granted Vettel is best at maximising Qu. laps. I would say that Button is the match of him in races, and at the moment there's a definite gap between VET, BUT and ALO and their following teammates in the races. These three are just superb at the moment.

You have to admit that Vettel has weaknesses too; defending positions at the start (something he really should've been in trouble for now), consistency under pressure (Canada biggest example of this, but there are other instances too), and a passion to get every available 'prize' from a race, which puts extra strain on the car and could be used against him by better-placed drivers (in terms of fuel saving, tyres etc. at the end of a race), like how Button tried in Singapore.

Being able to see weaknesses in your favoured drivers does take you away from fanboydom, and it makes for healthier viewing of races!

#11526 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:16

Will we have soon an Alonso-Ferrari? :love:

#11527 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:48

Posted Image

Drive with Fernando has been updated some days ago with a new video. Vehicle set up. This is a very interesting video feature where Alonso tech people "how to drive" a street car.

The previous videos are on the right column, the one with the months.

http://formulasantan.../drive-fernando

Edited by kosmos, 06 November 2011 - 12:48.

#11528 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 14:16

Alonsos BLOG

We know if we all get everything right we can fight for the top three but our natural qualifying position is on the third row. Then in the race things can go differently but that is the realistic situation. So our target is the podium. Apart from anything else that result would allow me to fill a gap in my trophy cabinet as Abu Dhabi is the only race on the calendar from which I have yet to bring home silverware.

#11529 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 14:18

Abu Dhabi 2010 was an important stage in my career and I have no doubt that even through that bad day, my relationship with Ferrari has become even stronger.

I like this bit from the blog. I hope he can get into the podium but... doesn't look factible on paper. We will see on Friday if he have good feelings with the car.

#11530 T-Mobile

T-Mobile

• 665 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 15:30

Will we have soon an Alonso-Ferrari? :love:

I have to say, if true, it does seem a bit premature. However, once he has a WDC in the Ferrari...

#11531 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,032 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 16:49

I have to say, if true, it does seem a bit premature. However, once he has a WDC in the Ferrari...

The WDC is not that important to determine which drivers have a special place in the heart of the Scuderia: for example, Gilles Villeneuve is a Ferrari legend and he never won one.

But it would have been better to wait for a few years before naming a car after Alonso, since his relationship with Ferrari has just started.

#11532 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 17:15

The WDC is not that important to determine which drivers have a special place in the heart of the Scuderia: for example, Gilles Villeneuve is a Ferrari legend and he never won one.

But it would have been better to wait for a few years before naming a car after Alonso, since his relationship with Ferrari has just started.

The people inside the team, the ones with all the data, the ones that know what happen when the door it's closed, this people probably have seen something on Alonso (beyond driving skills) because a car named Alonso it's a little uncalled at this moment, or maybe it's the Santander money (haters dixit).

#11533 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 17:49

The people inside the team, the ones with all the data, the ones that know what happen when the door it's closed, this people probably have seen something on Alonso (beyond driving skills) because a car named Alonso it's a little uncalled at this moment, or maybe it's the Santander money (haters dixit).

Of course. You know Botin will be Italy's next President.

;)

#11534 Sabre1977

Sabre1977

• 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 17:59

Ford Focus LATVALA
Posted Image

#11535 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 15:21

Declarations from Abu Dhabi with 7 minutes audio clip.

http://www.ferrari.c...ng-at-home.aspx

#11536 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:33

"Red Bull ha ganado dos años y todo el mundo piensa que va a ganar veinte, pero no va a pasar."

Alonso en un interview: " Red Bull has won two years and everybody thinks they will win twenty, but this will not happen!"

#11537 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:49

Alonso en un interview: " Red Bull has won two years and everybody thinks they will win twenty, but this will not happen!"

In 2006, it was widely assumed that Alonso would go on indefinitely and only sky would be the limit, which, however, materialized in the form of a greenhorn only a season later. So trust the man here, Fernando speaks from his own experience. :up:

#11538 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 328 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:24

read on the 2nd part of AS interview

Lo digo [eres feliz?] porque a nuestra compañera Nira Juanco le dijo que era más feliz en Ferrari que ganando el título. No lo entiendo muy bien...
Sí, sí, me reafirmo. Estar en Ferrari es una cosa tan buena para un piloto de carreras que suple muchas otras cosas. Hay pilotos que este año han tenido un coche mejor y han ganado más carreras, como puede ser los de McLaren, pero creo que es imposible encontrar en otro equipo la felicidad de aquí, de cuando te levantas por la mañana siendo piloto Ferrari ganes más o ganes menos. Ser piloto Ferrari es distinto a todo.

google.translate[crap], I do a better job

I say this[are you happy?] because you said to Nira Juanco you're happier at Ferrari than winning the title with Flav's boys. I do not understand very well ...
Yes, yes, I reaffirm. Ferrari being such a good thing for a racing driver that supplies many other things. There are drivers this year have had a better car and have won more races, such as the McLaren, but I think it's impossible to find another team's happiness here, when you wake up in the morning Ferrari driver still earn more or earn less. Being a Ferrari driver is unlike anything.

nice words to Ferrari's ears

Edited by pikamoku, 12 November 2011 - 08:30.

#11539 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:57

This is the first part of the interview.

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdaimot_1/Tes

Good gesture toward Massa.

Advertisement

#11540 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:38

Posted Image

Fernando greeting his mecanics!

#11541 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 13:07

Ferrari has said they don't know what the exact problem with the front wing is. Massa will run the old wing while Alonso will use the new one.

#11542 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 14:09

Good job today, only +0.200 behind Webber and -0.650 of Massa. 5th it's the right position for the F150 so everything is fine. Let's hope for a good race and with some luck maybe he can get the desired podium, let's hope the clean side and Webber makes the thing easy to get P4 at the start.

#11543 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,910 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 14:20

Posted Image

Fernando greeting his mecanics!

rear wing looks a little bent/ :confused: new wing?

#11544 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,729 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 15:15

A long way back from Vettel and McLaren. This is like being invited to a party but being told that you can stand on the driveway, but not come inside the house.

Hopefully 2012 will bring happier days for Fernando and the Scuderia.

#11545 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 15:45

Good job today, only +0.200 behind Webber and -0.650 of Massa. 5th it's the right position for the F150 so everything is fine. Let's hope for a good race and with some luck maybe he can get the desired podium, let's hope the clean side and Webber makes the thing easy to get P4 at the start.

I'll be surprised if there is podium this weekend. The pace on the primes is atrocious.

#11546 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 14:44

Not only a podium but 2nd after one amazing first lap and stunning speed all the race. There is no words to describe what Alonso has achieved this season, same that the chance to get another victory or 2nd in the WDC is very difficult, but he totally deserved it. Class act.

#11547 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 14:47

Posted this in the race thread;

Brilliant Job by Alonso, I have so much respect for him, put that car where it shouldn't have been.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

#11548 Lights

Lights

• 9,321 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 14:47

Really hoped he could win this. Great performance.

#11549 tamburello1

tamburello1

• 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 14:49

Magnifico!

#11550 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 14:49

Practically a miracle to finish 2nd with the third best car of the grid. Amazing drive!