Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#11801 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 21:20

that was not what he said

he said exactly that, i have even recorded that (by accident)
he said that on saturday on RTL before qualifying when standing in front of the Ferrari garage with Florian König.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 November 2011 - 21:21.

Advertisement

#11802 robefc

robefc

• 7,952 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 21:22

A pretty sweet parting present to close the 2011 chapter. :up:

It was funny how jenson, when invited to commentate on him passing alonso on the bbc, felt the need to explain what happened when he was overtaken first.

I guess getting overtaken on the outside really burns for a driver!

(I'm not commenting on the validity of button's remarks, just his need to say it amused me!)

I hope the red bull, ferrari and macca are all on the same level next season...would be nice to nico given a chance in a decent merc too but mostly I want alonso, vettel and the macca boys to be racing as equals.

#11803 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 21:44

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

I never heard Brundle so excited :lol:

#11804 Aieljose

Aieljose

• 676 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 21:58

I never heard Brundle so excited :lol:

What i find funny is near the end of the video brundle starts to say how he would never even try something like that then DC immedietly says what i can only assume to be "and thats the difference between great driving and good driving" or something similar to that. Im sure he didn't mean it in an insulting type of way but thats kind of what it is.

#11805 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 22:11

In any season prior to this that pass would have got him 3rd place or at the very least we'd have had a Jenson/Fernando battle into the closing laps.

Seeing Jenson breeze past him later was disheartening but it reflects the season as a whole, a driver who has out performed his car he has been let down by the F150's achilles heel one too many times.

#11806 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 22:11

Sorry if I was too short and unclear: I assumed we were talking about one-lap pace. FWIW I am of the opinion that one of FA's greatest strengths is the relentlessness which which he can bang out fast laps one after the other. I am not so sure that he is that far off in one-lap pace either, and if he is, we should keep in mind that we are talking about some of the best drivers in the world and it's probably about a few hundredths on average. Neither do I know, obviously, whether he was just being humble in this interview, but I liked it very much as it finally showed a side of him that Autosport News likes to hide usually.

As it turned out I was unable to find the Autosport version where I had read it first; my internet speed is horrible currently. You should find it in the archives. In the interview he said that he may not be the ultimately fastest over a single lap, but that he has other qualities to make up for it. IIRC he emphasized consistency. Anyway here is a link to prove I didn't simply make it up :)
http://news.bbc.co.u...ams/7878982.stm
Maybe it makes up for it with a few funny FA quotes: "Who is the worst dressed Formula One driver?" - "Tonio Liuzzi." (I guess Schumacher was not back at the time)

To me that's his number one strength. Reminds me of Emerson Fittipaldi.
It was a good year for him but not great, too many underperformers in the top 3 teams to call his season great.

#11807 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 22:13

To me that's his number one strength. Reminds me of Emerson Fittipaldi.
It was a good year for him but not great, too many underperformers in the top 3 teams to call his season great.

maybe you expect even more of him.
that would mean you regard him even higher than his greatest fans. ;)
:up:

#11808 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 22:18

maybe you expect even more of him.
that would mean you regard him even higher than his greatest fans.;)
:up:

I don't think that's the right conclusion you can come from reading my post but if it makes you happy, I see no harm in it.

#11809 as65p

as65p

• 16,622 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 22:29

It was funny how jenson, when invited to commentate on him passing alonso on the bbc, felt the need to explain what happened when he was overtaken first.

I guess getting overtaken on the outside really burns for a driver!

(I'm not commenting on the validity of button's remarks, just his need to say it amused me!)

I'm sure it burned for JB, but to be fair, almost every great pass in unusual places requires not only big balls from the overtaker but also something happening to the overtakee (sp?). The question would be, was it really impossible for Button to carry speed through the tyre debris, or was he too cautious? We'll never know... Brilliant in any case of Alonso too seize the opportunity.

I hope the red bull, ferrari and macca are all on the same level next season...would be nice to nico given a chance in a decent merc too but mostly I want alonso, vettel and the macca boys to be racing as equals.

Yeah, don't we wish that before every season, and never get it? But why not, to another winter of hope!  ;)

#11810 CF22

CF22

• 386 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:59

This video is proof of what an excellent driver Alonso is, truly the best. You can clearly see the F150 twitching and sliding with Alonso making corrective maneuvers while the McLarens of Button and Hamilton just go through the curve without a twitch. Amazing drive today and all season long, but felt like loosing the WDC last year.

#11811 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 13,409 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:20

I don't think that's the right conclusion you can come from reading my post but if it makes you happy, I see no harm in it.

You're right. The real conclusion is that you're still entirely too stubborn and biased to ever give Alonso the credit he is due.

The thing is, you have to know deep-down how good Alonso has been. You dont like seeing it, you try and explain it away, but in the end, you realize that you're just fooling yourself.

#11812 bmardini

bmardini

• 325 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:05

I dont think there is any doubt alonso is a brilliant top class driver and imo the pass on webber thru eau rouge was the best overtake of the season very ballsy :cool: :up:

Umm, I think you've got it backwards...

#11813 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 422 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:40

That is right up there with the best Overtakes by Alonso! Reminds me of France 2007 overtake on Heidfeld and Monaco 2008 overtake on Webber in sections of a track where you would logically think that there is no chance of passing!
But watch it again and notice how wide to the right Alonso approached turn 5 compared to Button on the racing line! That's where Alonso set up this spectacular pass getting a better slip stream and more momentum on the run to turn 6.
Alonso planned and executed that brilliant move with the skill of a Master! :clap:

Thank God the finger boy year is now over!
Alonso will Romp to the title next year with only a slightly better Ferrari! :up:

#11814 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,836 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:31

Let review the stats from this season.

1 Win
10 Podiums
1 Fastest Lap

257 Points (5 more than 2010)

1st x1
2nd x5
3rd x4
4th x4
5th x2
6th x1
7th x1
Ret x1

This is Fernando's peak in terms of driving skills and maximizing the car, I really hope he can keep this level for many years, this driver can't retire without a 3rd title.

His first two seasons in Ferrari have proven Ferrari weakness, I honestly think there is a great Ferrari in the making, they have the right driver to lead them, they know now their weak points and how to fix them [according to them] and they have the right mentallity to tackle the races and the development of the car, it's just a matter of time that Ferrari get his act together. Let's hope it sooner than later.

#11815 topical

topical

• 2,019 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:00

Very interesting that he comes 4th in the WDC, miles behind Vettel, despite scoring more points than last year. That really emphasises how high the standard has been this year. It's sad that Alonso had such a great year with a poor car. If he'd driven his 2011 season in 2010 he would have easily taken the WDC and this year would have been easier to handle. Mind you, if Vettel had driven his 2011 season in 2010 he'd also have won the WDC earlier so I suppose it all evens out.
I hope Alonso keeps this form for 2012 and finally gets a decent car. He really deserves at least 1 WDC with Ferrari.

#11816 joshb

joshb

• 3,070 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:56

Even I got excited when he made that pass on Button yesterday.

#11817 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:16

The promise is debt... This is the interview with FA before the race on LaSexta (I translated it myself, so sorry for bad grammar!).

What do you prefer the most, that this season ends, go into vacations or that the next season starts?

FA: I really want that the next seasons begins (he says this with clear determination). More o less, mentally the season finished a few races ago, since that moment you disconnect and only think in the next year. About vacations, I have no plans to go any place so it is the next year what I want.

In a difficult year like 2011, how have you kept your motivation levels so high?

FA: Well, we don't like to lose. Although you know you have no options and that you have nothing to lose, when the lights go off, you go for it. Sometimes you finish third, fourth or second but nobody likes going to the podium and see another driver with the winning trophy.

10 podiums, it is due to a magic trick, a miracle...? (I can't stop to laugh with this 'smart' question! :lol:)

FA: Well, it has been fruit of teamwork and from me too... We have improved things from the last year like the starts, qualifying, race pace or race strategies...We made mistakes which us cost some points and podiums last year, and this year I and the team we have tried to extract the best result in each race... If there is something positive about this year is that the team is much more prepared than last year to fight for the championship. I believe if we have a competitive car, now we can be very strong.

But the car hasn't never been there to get 10 podiums, right?

FA: The car has been capable to get podium on merit in two or three races where the car was going really well. In Monaco, the car was going well; in Silverstone, we surely had the best car and there we got the win, and it is true that 5 or 6 podiums that we have got is mostly due to mistakes by others: some strategy problem, some drive through that (the stewards) gave Hamilton... We have got podiums thanks some gifts from our rivals.

A few weeks ago, Jenson Button has said that this season is the best of his career, even better than 2009, the year that he won the WDC. You have said the same thing, however people critize you because they believe all that is just excuses.

FA: -He smiles- It's something that I have to accept but I like it too. I like because if my teammate outqualifies me, people start to speak about it during a week, but if I outqualify him 17 times in a row, people say it is not a surprise because my teammates are very bad. When Fisichella was my teammate "He was finishing his career" when Trulli was my teammate "He was very old", Grosjean and Piquet "very youngs and with lack of experience" and now it seems Felipe "has forgotten how to drive". Always the same. It is good that people demand you this constant level of driving during all seasons, tests, qualifyings and races and it is something I have learned to live with.

There is no doubt Sebastian Vettel is a deserved winner, he has dominated this season but there are some stats that I don't know if "it might remove something": 32 pole positions in 36 races...

FA: Well, the opinion is probably yes, because if one car doesn't win, then the other car wins the race. There is always a Red Bull that wins, especially the last year when Vettel and Webber were really close so it gave that impression. This year too, with a big superiority and winning the WDC with five races to go that it gives the impression that any driver that was driving the Red Bull could have been world champion and therefore it gives Vettel slightly less merit, but I don't believe that is the case: He has had an incredible season without mistakes with many poles and wins. The result is there, he has got 10 or 11 wins while Webber hasn't won any race, therefore Vettel has done something better than the rest.

I know you believe in Ferrari and that you have contract with them until 2016 and that you believe they can give you a winning car, but now I want you look at the camera and explain to your fans... what we expect in the inmmediante future, beginning for the upcoming year?

FA: Well, we hope major joys in the future. Ferrari is only the team that can offer this possibility. Here in F1 all is decided by details: aerodinamics, engineers and designers, but I believe in Ferrari we have sufficient capacity to get many wins and hopefully another championship, therefore patience and enjoy F1! :)

#11818 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:31

A few weeks ago, Jenson Button has said that this season is the best of his career, even better than 2009, the year that he won the WDC. You have said the same thing, however people critize you because they believe all that is just excuses.

FA: -He smiles- It's something that I have to accept but I like it too. I like because if my teammate outqualifies me, people start to speak about it during a week, but if I outqualify him 17 times in a row, people say it is not a surprise because my teammates are very bad. When Fisichella was my teammate "He was finishing his career" when Trulli was my teammate "He was very old", Grosjean and Piquet "very youngs and with lack of experience" and now it seems Felipe "has forgotten how to drive". Always the same. It is good that people demand you this constant level of driving during all seasons, tests, qualifyings and races and it is something I have learned to live with.

LMAO!! This is the best answer ever!!! Fernando is awesome! He hit the nail on the head as we say in the states!! No matter what he does he will get criticized about it. It's comforting that obviously he knows this and deals with it perfectly fine. Awesome interview. Thanks for the translation Alan and thanks for taking time out of your day to post it here for us. Much appreciated. TIFOSI!!!!! :up: :up:

#11819 baddog

baddog

• 23,037 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:40

He has a point, but Felipe HAS forgotten how to drive, its painfully obvious and not because of the relative gap to his teammate. Alonso is in the very top class all the time, Felipe visited that class very briefly.

Advertisement

#11820 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:56

The promise is debt... This is the interview with FA before the race on LaSexta (I translated it myself, so sorry for bad grammar!).

What do you prefer the most, that this season ends, go into vacations or that the next season starts?

FA: I really want that the next seasons begins (he says this with clear determination). More o less, mentally the season finished a few races ago, since that moment you disconnect and only think in the next year. About vacations, I have no plans to go any place so it is the next year what I want.

In a difficult year like 2011, how have you kept your motivation levels so high?

FA: Well, we don't like to lose. Although you know you have no options and that you have nothing to lose, when the lights go off, you go for it. Sometimes you finish third, fourth or second but nobody likes going to the podium and see another driver with the winning trophy.

10 podiums, it is due to a magic trick, a miracle...? (I can't stop to laugh with this 'smart' question! :lol:)

FA: Well, it has been fruit of teamwork and from me too... We have improved things from the last year like the starts, qualifying, race pace or race strategies...We made mistakes which us cost some points and podiums last year, and this year I and the team we have tried to extract the best result in each race... If there is something positive about this year is that the team is much more prepared than last year to fight for the championship. I believe if we have a competitive car, now we can be very strong.

But the car hasn't never been there to get 10 podiums, right?

FA: The car has been capable to get podium on merit in two or three races where the car was going really well. In Monaco, the car was going well; in Silverstone, we surely had the best car and there we got the win, and it is true that 5 or 6 podiums that we have got is mostly due to mistakes by others: some strategy problem, some drive through that (the stewards) gave Hamilton... We have got podiums thanks some gifts from our rivals.

There is no doubt Sebastian Vettel is a deserved winner, he has dominated this season but there are some stats that I don't know if "it might remove something": 32 pole positions in 36 races...

FA: Well, the opinion is probably yes, because if one car doesn't win, then the other car wins the race. There is always a Red Bull that wins, especially the last year when Vettel and Webber were really close so it gave that impression. This year too, with a big superiority and winning the WDC with five races to go that it gives the impression that any driver that was driving the Red Bull could have been world champion and therefore it gives Vettel slightly less merit, but I don't believe that is the case: He has had an incredible season without mistakes with many poles and wins. The result is there, he has got 10 or 11 wins while Webber hasn't won any race, therefore Vettel has done something better than the rest.

I know you believe in Ferrari and that you have contract with them until 2016 and that you believe they can give you a winning car, but now I want you look at the camera and explain to your fans... what we expect in the inmmediante future, beginning for the upcoming year?

FA: Well, we hope major joys in the future. Ferrari is only the team that can offer this possibility. Here in F1 all is decided by details: aerodinamics, engineers and designers, but I believe in Ferrari we have sufficient capacity to get many wins and hopefully another championship, therefore patience and enjoy F1! :)

Thank you very much mate :up:
I know it took you time to translate it, and you did it awesome, and it was a pleasure for us to read.

Alooonso, Aloooonso, Aloooonso.

I also liked the part very much, which was quoted by CrucialXtreme ;)
Coz it is something speaking about how some people always try to diminish his achievements, also some people here 1 or 2 pages ago.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 29 November 2011 - 09:57.

#11821 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,369 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:57

OK, obviously Fernando is a regular on this forum. :eek: I wonder if he just lurks or posts as well. Reveal yourself, Fernando! :)

AlanWake, many thanks for the interview!

#11822 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:16

AMAZING :love: :up:

Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso: the origins

#11823 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:19

AMAZING :love: :up:

Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso: the origins

thx dude :up:

#11824 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:30

Anyone has High Def of Alonso's laps in that vintage Ferrari at Silverstone?

And is this the same thing being done 10 years earlier? http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#11825 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:53

Posted Image

#11826 jonathanknevels

jonathanknevels

• 205 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:17

Nice jacket !

#11827 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:24

It's amazing how he never stops blowing his own horn. He's his number one fanboy.

P.S.
A little correction about Trulli. People were not saying Trulli was very old, they were commenting on how he was beating your ass.

#11828 showtime

showtime

• 2,577 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:45

It's amazing how he never stops blowing his own horn. He's his number one fanboy.

P.S.
A little correction about Trulli. People were not saying Trulli was very old, they were commenting on how he was beating your ass.

So much hate inside makes little angels cry. :cry:

#11829 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:53

no, it makes us enjoy  ;)

#11830 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:55

Listen, my little angel, you guys need to broaden your vocabulary a little. And BTW, I know you prefer to call the poster a hater without commenting on the post, but don't you think it's more than a little tacky for himself to say how much better he is than his team mates ?

Edited by cardin, 29 November 2011 - 12:58.

#11831 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:06

P.S.

Welcome back Kimi!!! (his presence in F1 is very relevant to this thread)

Now all we need is for Massa to do better next year and we can extinguish most of the bitterness out of here. He may even get a contract, we have to stay optimistic as things are looking up lately.

#11832 showtime

showtime

• 2,577 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:20

Listen, my little angel, you guys need to broaden your vocabulary a little. And BTW, I know you prefer to call the poster a hater without commenting on the post, but don't you think it's more than a little tacky for himself to say how much better he is than his team mates ?

He was answering a direct question. He doesn't get why people tend to say his team mates are useless when he beats them, he just want to make clear each and every time he finished in front of them it has been difficult and a result lot of hard work. You prefer to think he's being cocky about beating them. You are always ready to embrace the worst possible interpretation of his words to make him look bad, that's why I think you're a hater. But of course you're entitled to think what you want and at the end it's a good sign.

#11833 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:32

Welcome back Kimi!!! (his presence in F1 is very relevant to this thread)

Explain please!

So you think Kimi hasn't yet enough thraeds? He has do use the shower room inside here? :|

#11834 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:33

that he didnt say.
be accurate :eek:

#11835 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,836 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:34

P.S.

Your tune is getting old, change it before christmas, maybe you will become a less bitter person.

Is amazing the unique PR stuff drivers do in Ferrari, they have to enojoy it a lot, the best thing is most of the times they are driving cars, no matter if they are old or new.

#11836 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:43

He was answering a direct question. He doesn't get why people tend to say his team mates are useless when he beats them, he just want to make clear each and every time he finished in front of them it has been difficult and a result lot of hard work. You prefer to think he's being cocky about beating them. You are always ready to embrace the worst possible interpretation of his words to make him look bad, that's why I think you're a hater. But of course you're entitled to think what you want and at the end it's a good sign.

There were so many classy ways to answer that question but of course he avoided all of them and preferred to compare himself with his teammates listing them by their names. For me, and maybe that's just a cultural bias, that's tacky, classless.

#11837 aray

aray

• 2,336 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:46

P.S.

i like your imagination power... :smoking:

#11838 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,445 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:47

I guess it went over your head, but he was responding to PEOPLE LIKE YOU, who belittle his highly-regarded teammates AFTER he beats them. :lol: You call it bragging, but he merely states an historical fact.

To Alan Wake, THANKS SO MUCH for taking the time to translate that interview that so many fans will enjoy! :up: :up: :up:

And Puxanando, THANKS for that link! AWESOME! The perks of being a Ferrari driver really are beyond words! :cool:

#11839 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,069 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 13:54

Anyone has High Def of Alonso's laps in that vintage Ferrari at Silverstone?

And is this the same thing being done 10 years earlier? http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I looked for it but never found it, such a shame! Only YouTube-material.

Advertisement

#11840 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,024 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:00

The questioner didn't mention his team-mates.

I'm OK with Alonso blowing his own trumpet, but his remarks re. Trulli (when they were team-mates) were simply incorrect. As has previously been pointed out, Trulli was not old, he generally outqualified Alonso and had scored more points than Alonso when Flavio decided to sack him.

Not saying that Flavio should have fired Alonso and kept Trulli, but if Alonso wants to comment on his past team-mates, he should keep it accurate.

#11841 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:03

that he didnt say.
be accurate :eek:

That's exactly what he did. It's self evident but it looks like you need an explanation. The phrases he attributed to his detractors, i.e., "He was finishing his career", "He was very old", "very youngs and with lack of experience" and "has forgotten how to drive" refering to his teammates were meant as excuses, by his detractors, when he, Alonso, was beatting them.

But this is getting tiresome. You guys can proceed with the religious service, I'm out of here.

#11842 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:09

That's exactly what he did. It's self evident but it looks like you need an explanation. The phrases he attributed to his detractors, i.e., "He was finishing his career", "He was very old", "very youngs and with lack of experience" and "has forgotten how to drive" refering to his teammates were meant as excuses, by his detractors, when he, Alonso, was beatting them.

But this is getting tiresome. You guys can proceed with the religious service, I'm out of here.

well that is a fact, he was not making it up, nor was he using smug words.

its not like hamilton saying that he is the hardest worker, the best whatever. etc.

#11843 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:10

The questioner didn't mention his team-mates.

I'm OK with Alonso blowing his own trumpet, but his remarks re. Trulli (when they were team-mates) were simply incorrect. As has previously been pointed out, Trulli was not old, he generally outqualified Alonso and had scored more points than Alonso when Flavio decided to sack him.

Not saying that Flavio should have fired Alonso and kept Trulli, but if Alonso wants to comment on his past team-mates, he should keep it accurate.

you have to be correct, they drove two years together, in which alonso has beaten trulli more often, than the other way round.
and that is a fact.

about qualifying in that time:
they were qualifying on different fuel loads

Edited by YellowHelmet, 29 November 2011 - 14:14.

#11844 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,024 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:17

you have to be correct, they drove two years together, in which alonso has beaten trulli more often, than the other way round.
and that is a fact.

OK, Trulli was well beaten the first year, but he responded by really getting his act together. I find it hard to believe that Alonso has forgotten that.

Flavio always seems to have wanted to have a no. 1 and a no. 2 driver, and he doesn't like the roles to get reversed.

Remember how much slower Patrese was than Mansell in '92? Sometimes 2 secs a lap. In Flavio's eyes, that made Patrese an ideal team-mate for Schumi, and he signed him up for '93.

#11845 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,836 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:19

The way he answered is related to some comments from some haters in Spain that try to diminish is success, when he beats his teammates, they suck, when they beat Alonso, Alonso suck, he can't never do right for this kind of people. That's all. This examples he said about his teammates actually are quotes from people in Spain.

#11846 as65p

as65p

• 16,622 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:23

I dunno, but to me that interview sounds as if purposefully done just to piss off a certain kind of people even more than they usually are. And look how it works! :p

#11847 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,369 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:26

He was answering a question for chrissakes. Edit: And in fact he points out the the missing respect when people say it was easy for him to beat this or that teammate because they were old or whatever, and that it was hard work each time. It really takes some ingenuity to make this into a bad thing, cardin.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 29 November 2011 - 14:32.

#11848 as65p

as65p

• 16,622 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:28

He was answering a question for chrissakes.

Plus it's not as if he was telling a secret.  ;)

#11849 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,352 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:29

To be fair if I was Fernando Alonso I'd be my own number one fanboy!!!

#11850 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 14:34

OK, Trulli was well beaten the first year, but he responded by really getting his act together. I find it hard to believe that Alonso has forgotten that.

thats why alonso also said, that he drove against very good teammates (that was actually his saying).

Flavio always seems to have wanted to have a no. 1 and a no. 2 driver, and he doesn't like the roles to get reversed.

Remember how much slower Patrese was than Mansell in '92? Sometimes 2 secs a lap. In Flavio's eyes, that made Patrese an ideal team-mate for Schumi, and he signed him up for '93.

this trying of construing a association chain is not worth arguing. it is not really sophisticated.