Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#1151 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:04

fia costed him at least 21 (if not 24) points in the last two races!
10 points in canada
and 11 (or maybe 14 points) today,
sum it up,
and then you have your answer!

Very good post but a little conservative. I figured Alonso, if not for the FIA, would have the WDC wraped by now.

Advertisement

#1152 Jay101

Jay101

• 614 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:05

he didnt know, so why should he feel bad?
hamilton made the mistake on his own! --> difference

No - the difference is this involves LH so therefore it's not fair to the fans, but if it's FA or his team then there's no mention of it being fair to the fans. FA crossed the line first therefore he deserves to win regardless of whether it was done using fair methods or not.

Clearly you have made your own mind up though and that I respect but I do not respect FA's comments about today being a manipulated race that spoilt it for the fans considering his or his teams past that he was not in any way apologetic for.

#1153 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:08

No - the difference is this involves LH

no it is nothing personal.

it is factual.

#1154 Raketemensch

Raketemensch

• 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:09

no it didnt!
he made a mistake, and still finished a position higher than the one started from.

And? What has that to do with anything at all? If he served a penalty as prescribed by the rules AND had enough of a gap built up ahead of Kobayashi to still maintain position, then I don't really see what the problem is. The penalty is in the rules. It was served as prescribed; I don't see why there should be some additional penalty because he didn't lose position off of it.

#1155 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:10

What you guys think about the team-radio?
"What was his position before the penalty? What's his position after the penalty?".. after Kobayashi overtook him
and earlier in the race:
"Keep talking to Charlie about Hamilton, it's the only thing you should keep doing in the race"

On a boring race, this was indeed funny to hear :lol:

P.S. I didn't hear very well so please free to correct me if these are not the exact words :p

/when Hamilton

That was very entertaining. Imagine if/when Hamilton wins it all. He's going to explode and this board is going to be a fun place to watch.

#1156 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:10

Hamilton braking when he saw the SC to keep the Ferraris behind the SC and then accelerate before it crossed the white line (only that he failed to do so), that's just unsportsmanship, old news in Hamilton.

#1157 cobart1

cobart1

• 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:11

Alonso invented such trick in Budapest few years ago.:)

#1158 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:13

Alonso invented such trick in Budapest few years ago.:)

He never did such a thing.

#1159 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

And? What has that to do with anything at all? If he served a penalty as prescribed by the rules AND had enough of a gap built up ahead of Kobayashi to still maintain position, then I don't really see what the problem is. The penalty is in the rules. It was served as prescribed; I don't see why there should be some additional penalty because he didn't lose position off of it.

who is talking about a additional penalty?
not me!

i am just saying, that the guy who followed the rules, lost all in all 6 places, and so lost 11-14 points!
and the guy who broke the rules, didnt lose anything!

please dont tell me, that is the way it should be :confused:

Advertisement

#1160 jesee

jesee

• 1,669 posts

I think Alonso has a weakness. He is obsessed with Hamilton. In what way did Lewis passing a safety car ruin his race? Can someone please explain that to me? If Lewis had not passed the car he would still have finished one position ahead of Alonso probably eighth. So how does that affect his race really?

#1161 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:14

Hamilton braking when he saw the SC to keep the Ferraris behind the SC and then accelerate before it crossed the white line (only that he failed to do so), that's just unsportsmanship, old news in Hamilton.

it looked that way!
one of the most unfair actions in f1 history
hamilton for that :down:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 June 2010 - 18:16.

#1162 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:15

I think Alonso has a weakness. He is obsessed with Hamilton. In what way did Lewis passing a safety car ruin his race? Can someone please explain that to me? If Lewis had not passed the car he would still have finished one position ahead of Alonso probably eighth. So how does that affect his race really?

Read again - Hamilton slows down when he brakes to make sure the Ferraris will stay behind the SC. That's not an obsession that's something the driver behind sees in first person and fairly complains about especially when an ineffective penalty is applied.

#1163 Flamini

Flamini

• 799 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:17

If Lewis had not passed the car he would still have finished one position ahead of Alonso probably eighth. So how does that affect his race really?

Not his race, but championship standing!

#1164 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,412 posts

Alonso has been pretty unlucky this year, but we aren't yet halfway through the season and things in F1 can change very quickly.

#1165 timmy bolt

timmy bolt

• 498 posts

Racewise, got to feel sorry for Alonso today. He did nothing to deserve 8th.

But i agree, he needs to target the SC rules, not Hamilton.

They really just need to close the pits after the safety car. Thats what they used to do, the only reason they changed it was because of cars running out of fuel. Thats no longer an issue.

#1166 cobart1

cobart1

• 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:18

Read again - Hamilton slows down when he brakes to make sure the Ferraris will stay behind the SC. That's not an obsession that's something the driver behind sees in first person and fairly complains about especially when an ineffective penalty is applied.

He is still better than Alonso ....he managed disturb Alonso race without physiotherapist help:)

#1167 Campeador

Campeador

• 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:18

ONLY A QUESTION

When the safety car was deployed Kobayashi didn't pit, he put supersofts at the end of the race. How could Vettel and Hamilton stay ahead of him during the SC period. I think both Kobayashi, Button, Barrichello, Kubica and some other should have stayed ahead.

I think Sauber and some other teams should have a look at it.

#1168 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:19

It didn't ruin his race, I think he's just annoyed that Lewis, the championship leader, should have had his race ruined too but he didn't and was able to pull away at the front of the championship by more than he should have if he followed the rules.
In my opinion though the bigger issue though is that neither of them should have had their races ruined by the SC while Vettel was allowed to waltz round to his pit stop. Surely Alonso should have been waved by much quicker than he was?

#1169 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:19

But i agree, he needs to target the SC rules, not Hamilton.

not after wathing the video again,
lewis slowed down to keep the ferraris behind the safety car, and was hoping to catch it just before the safety car line!

unfairylton for that, bad bad trick :down:

#1170 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:20

He is still better than Alonso ....he managed disturb Alonso race without physiotherapist help:)

bad :down:

#1171 kismet

kismet

• 6,998 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:20

Captain Obvious to the rescue! Of course Alonso is upset and frustrated. He watched from a figurative front row seat how the current championship leader and the guy he likely - and for a good reason, too - sees as his main WDC rival broke a rule and gained some half a dozen finishing positions while he himself obeyed the rules and lost those same half a dozen finishing positions. So, yeah, of course he's going to be pissy and whine a bit.

Edited by kismet, 27 June 2010 - 18:21.

#1172 Raketemensch

Raketemensch

• 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:21

who is talking about a additional penalty?
not me!

i am just saying, that the guy who followed the rules, lost all in all 6 places, and so lost 11-14 points!
and the guy who broke the rules, didnt lose anything!

please dont tell me, that is the way it should be :confused:

Lost six places, but then you can't guarantee he wouldn't have lost places in later pit stops anyway (see: Kobayashi not coming in until what, three laps to the end? who would have on that form been a problem for Alonso anyway, not to mention the rest of the field that would have been likely somewhat different but not necessarily any better a result for Alonso). And I think it's unfair to insist it was a deliberate action to break the rules (it was very very close, and I'd put it down to a slight misjudgement of timing and position...and Hamilton was penalised and served the penalty. Whether or not that helps Alonso's race is immaterial).

And Ferrari made a bad call on race strategy bringing both cars into the pits at the same time, as well, I'd say.

#1173 Flamini

Flamini

• 799 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:22

not after wathing the video again,
lewis slowed down to keep the ferraris behind the safety car, and was hoping to catch it just before the safety car line!

unfairylton for that, bad bad trick :down:

Dirty cheater :down:

#1174 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:24

in the zone...

they f***d his race, greatly ruining WDC options.
raped by a train and you interpret it like FA not handling the pressure well?

i think you are a troll

try getting 70+
http://www.iqtest.dk

Bizarre :confused:

Anyway.....as we are playing throw a url here is one related to the incident:

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8766420.stm

#1175 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:24

There are many ways to disturb, like sticking a fork in someone's knee, but that's not fair play.

Alonso was not disturbed by that but because the FIA didn't react effectively and quick and let Hamilton get away with it.

Maybe this behaviour will lead in Hamilton being taken out of a race by the end of the championship. You never know :). That'd be disturbing.

Edited by Nitropower, 27 June 2010 - 18:27.

#1176 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:27

What a big whiner Alonso is, the guy has issues!

#1177 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:28

What a big whiner Alonso is, the guy has issues!

What a big cheater, liar and dirty racer Hamilton is! He is passed Schumacher in dirty tricks already!

What a farce the championship is becoming, by the FIA allowing him break the rules with zero cost!

#1178 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:33

that's the problem when you listen to morons like eddie jordan, alonso isn't obsessed about hamilton. alonso's just using the calculator for the championship, and today, his main competitor (call it hamilton, it could be vettel), has run away with an extra bunch of unfair unrecoverable points

#1179 cobart1

cobart1

• 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:34

What a big cheater, liar and dirty racer Hamilton is! He is passed Schumacher in dirty tricks already!

What a farce the championship is becoming, by the FIA allowing him break the rules with zero cost!

FIA allowed Alonso to block Hamilton in box (Budapest Qualifing)...after that Hamilton have not enough time to complete fast lap.

Alonso = Hamilton great Maestro :)

Advertisement

#1180 roger44

roger44

• 149 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:35

Captain Obvious to the rescue! Of course Alonso is upset and frustrated. He watched from a figurative front row seat how the current championship leader and the guy he likely - and for a good reason, too - sees as his main WDC rival broke a rule and gained some half a dozen finishing positions while he himself obeyed the rules and lost those same half a dozen finishing positions. So, yeah, of course he's going to be pissy and whine a bit.

if Alonso had been where LH was he would had done the same as LH so lets not pretend Alonso is more holy than LH.

I am also amazed FA is saying a Spanish race was manipulated against a Spanish driver to the advantage of an English driver, I think it just sums up where Alonso's head is at, and its not a good place and will be to his detriment in the championship.

#1181 TigersWood

TigersWood

• 132 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:36

We are back to 2007, when EVERYTHING was permitted if it was Hamilton.

Oh sorry, of course he was punished, but just when it didn't cost him any places.

Formula 1 is just a show, not a sport. Alonso said this is Monza 2006 and it is the same.

And how on earth the SC deploys where it did, letting Vettel win the race in the lap 10???

Bristish sport, british stewards, british young driver......... just like 2007.

But eh! next race the rule would have changed and it will be very clear for everyone else :)

#1182 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,174 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:39

FIA allowed Alonso to block Hamilton in box (Budapest Qualifing)...after that Hamilton have not enough time to complete fast lap.

Alonso = Hamilton great Maestro :)

Duh previous posts showed you are in the right direction to be considered a master troll. FIA did not allow Alonso you tiny mutt, he was EFFECTIVELY penalized. Hamilton didn't need any maestro, he brought his unsportsmanshop with him, he showed by braking intrateam rules as well (taking extra lap from Alonso) and being favoured by McLaren with soft faster tyres while Alonso was left with used hard tires.

Anyway this thread is not about Hungary 2007 so stick to the title or go have a walk.

#1183 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,543 posts

It is just like 2007 all over again. :down: Lewis Hamilton once again appears to have remotely induced a nervous break down in Alonso. :up: It's crack up time.

#1184 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,798 posts

I think he's wrong. He and Ferrari were definitly screwed by the steward and race control, no doubt about that. But it was not deliberate manipulation, it was simply sheer incompetence.

#1185 cobart1

cobart1

• 44 posts

Oh sorry, of course he was punished, but just when it didn't cost him any places.

Formula 1 is just a show, not a sport. Alonso said this is Monza 2006 and it is the same.

And how on earth the SC deploys where it did, letting Vettel win the race in the lap 10???

But eh! next race the rule would have changed and it will be very clear for everyone else :)

and Spanish budget hole :)

#1186 roger44

roger44

• 149 posts

whats this guy talking about?

#1187 jb26

jb26

• 21 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:40

Angry Alonso says race 'manipulated'

Which race would that be then? :well:

Edited by jb26, 27 June 2010 - 18:41.

#1188 roger44

roger44

• 149 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:41

It is just like 2007 all over again. :down: Lewis Hamilton once again appears to have remotely induced a nervous break down in Alonso. :up: It's crack up time.

I think you are right, time for Massa to step and apply more pressure

#1189 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

that's the problem when you listen to morons like eddie jordan, alonso isn't obsessed about hamilton. alonso's just using the calculator for the championship, and today, his main competitor (call it hamilton, it could be vettel), has run away with an extra bunch of unfair unrecoverable points

I'm not from England, not watching F1 on BBC but to me it was pretty much clear that while race result isn't fair for Alonso it was not caused by Hamilton but by bad race control and late punishment by stewards. Hamilton is lucky with penalties this season, just as he was very unlucky in 2008 so I guess Alonso is now jealous because of it. It's how the things in sport are, sometimes you win because of stewards, sometimes you lose.

But unlike Hamilton in 2008. - Alonso focuses too much on bad luck and even makes mistakes because of it. While I think that Alonso is on level with Hamilton in terms of speed - he is not as mentally stable and cracks under pressure easily. Which is funny because he is already very experienced driver and you wouldn't expect it to be like that.

Edited by velgajski1, 27 June 2010 - 18:47.

#1190 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

if Alonso had been where LH was he would had done the same as LH so lets not pretend Alonso is more holy than LH.

I am also amazed FA is saying a Spanish race was manipulated against a Spanish driver to the advantage of an English driver, I think it just sums up where Alonso's head is at, and its not a good place and will be to his detriment in the championship.

yeah, his head is at where all level minded guys are, using his common sense

#1191 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,412 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:43

If he did say those things then he needs to be careful. The F.I.A may warn him about bring the sport into disrepute.?

#1192 cobart1

cobart1

• 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:43

Duh previous posts showed you are in the right direction to be considered a master troll. FIA did not allow Alonso you tiny mutt, he was EFFECTIVELY penalized. Hamilton didn't need any maestro, he brought his unsportsmanshop with him, he showed by braking intrateam rules as well (taking extra lap from Alonso) and being favoured by McLaren with soft faster tyres while Alonso was left with used hard tires.

Anyway this thread is not about Hungary 2007 so stick to the title or go have a walk.

but I hope You agree it was very dirty trick made by Your Hero.
Please behave politely even you don't have sensible arguments.

#1193 Ernest Trasher

Ernest Trasher

• 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:44

Sour grapes?

#1194 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:47

I'm not from England, not watching F1 on BBC but to me it was pretty much clear that while race result isn't fair for Alonso it was not caused by Hamilton but by bad race control and late punishment by stewards. Hamilton is lucky with penalties this season, just as he was very unlucky in 2008 so I guess Alonso is now jealous because of it. It's how the things in sport are, sometimes you win because of stewards, sometimes you lose.

hamilton always wins..actually he creates the rules... :stoned:

#1195 cobart1

cobart1

• 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:49

As Ferrari fan ..no wonder You have short memory :)

La ignorancia es la noche de la muente pero una noche sin la luna y sin estrellas :)

#1196 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:49

Hamilton won in 2008. because he remained calm in spite of being very harshly penalised several times - he didn't go into mistake streak because of it. On the other hand Massa got with fines or avoided penalties several times, and yet Hamilton didn't lose his head. And this is what is happening to Alonso this season - he is focused too much on stewarding and loses points because he makes too much mistakes worrying about final result.

Edited by velgajski1, 27 June 2010 - 18:50.

#1197 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:52

As Ferrari fan ..no wonder You have short memory :)

La ignorancia es la noche de la muente pero una noche sin la luna y sin estrellas :)

ein? :confused:

#1198 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:54

:up: :up: :up:

I really don't understand why Hamilton Fans keep saying Alonso is obsessed with Hamilton :confused: :rotfl:

I have no doubt if it was Vettel, Webber or Button who had done what Hamilton did today, Alonso would have reacted in the same way. He doesn't care about Hamilton, he just want to win. Alonso is just frustrated because he was really unlucky with the SC rules, while his main rival for the WDC was who benefited the most from that.

Why can't people understand he is a human just like the rest of us? How would you react if you were in his position?

#1199 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:54

Hamilton won in 2008. because he remained calm in spite of being very harshly penalised several times - he didn't go into mistake streak because of it. On the other hand Massa got with fines or avoided penalties several times, and yet Hamilton didn't lose his head. And this is what is happening to Alonso this season - he is focused too much on stewarding and loses points because he makes too much mistakes worrying about final result.

what the hell??? so alonso's lost points today because of what? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Advertisement

#1200 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:56

:up: :up: :up:

I really don't understand why Hamilton Fans keep saying Alonso is obsessed with Hamilton :confused: :rotfl:

I have no doubt if it was Vettel, Webber or Button who had done what Hamilton did today, Alonso would have reacted in the same way. He doesn't care about Hamilton, he just want to win. Alonso is just frustrated because he was really unlucky with the SC rules, while his main rival for the WDC was who benefited the most from that.

Why can't people understand he is a human just like the rest of us? How would you react if you were in his position?

they'd be kissing whiting's arse obviously