Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#12051 Menace

Menace

• 12,364 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:11

Nice words by Alonso, it's good to hear there is still mutual admiration and respect. What comes to the STR situation, I don't think he could have said anything that those with sour grapes in their mouth wouldn't jump on.

Alonso is showing great maturity and class as of late, both on and off the track. :up:

Edited by Menace, 20 December 2011 - 21:12.

Advertisement

#12052 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:13

That is actually something I hadn't thought of when it comes to Massa, and I think it is a very valid point. I'm due to be father myself in about two months, so I am already noticing the changes in my behaviour and thought pattern. :up:

Congratulations in advance. :clap:

#12053 adebiloid

adebiloid

• 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:13

Well we know nothing about their relationships later, so we can't conclude is it bad or good thing. Life goes on. Who's next? Kimi?

#12054 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:15

Alonso in 2012 will resemble Hamilton in 2011. :p :lol:

As far as we know, Alonso could have split with his wife before Hamilton split with his girlfriend. Yet, Alonso performed better than Hamilton in a lesser car without the strange excuses and theories about bubbles.

#12055 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:17

Well we know nothing about their relationships later, so we can't conclude is it bad or good thing. Life goes on. Who's next? Kimi?

As their marriage is breaking up and I assume when they got married it was because the loved each other then I think it's quite easy to conclude it's a bad thing overall.

I doubt FA wants to marry KR. ;)

#12056 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,157 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:17

How can you laugh at it? What a miserable person you are...

I don't think you'll find I am laughing at the divorce itself. Everyone has already expressed sympathies with which I empathise and did not feel the need to add to in writing.

#12057 Menace

Menace

• 12,364 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:18

Congratulations in advance. :clap:

Thank you. :)

#12058 Menace

Menace

• 12,364 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:19

As their marriage is breaking up and I assume when they got married it was because the loved each other then I think it's quite easy to conclude it's a bad thing overall.

I doubt FA wants to marry KR.;)

:rotfl:

#12059 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:19

As far as we know, Alonso could have split with his wife before Hamilton split with his girlfriend. Yet, Alonso performed better than Hamilton in a lesser car without the strange excuses and theories about bubbles.

Breakups don't normally happen suddenly so there was probably a lot of things happening for a long time before they actually split. However different people handle things in different ways and it doesn't make them a better or worse person for it.

Advertisement

#12060 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:20

And no help from Scientology. :)

#12061 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:21

:up: :up: to fernando for keeping what's private that way and not letting it affect his driving.Dare I say lewis needs to learn a few tricks from him.

There is absolutely nothing you can LEARN about something like this, it's just the way people are!!

#12062 adebiloid

adebiloid

• 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:28

I doubt FA wants to marry KR.;)

Why? Perhaps they don't love each other anymore? So what bad about splitting in this case?

I meant Kimi has high chances to divorce with Jenny.

#12063 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:30

Why? Perhaps they don't love each other anymore? So what bad about splitting in this case?

I meant Kimi has high chances to divorce with Jenny.

The very simple fact that their marriage has broken down is a bad thing.

#12064 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:34

Interesting that you know whats going on in their private lives, and what reasons where behind Lewis problems.
As far as I know Lewis break up with Nicole, was only a part of his private life problems.
Be happy as Alonso fan that Alonso seems to be less affected from personal problems than Hamilton. everybody reacts different, some people find reliev in their work, while others feel sad even if they work. (some people even take their own lifes if they loose their love ,worst case)
It's really silly to make a who had the better break up overcoming competition.

I hope Alonso recovers from this. Probably this was a reason , he and Lewis seemd to be very nice to each other lately, because they knew what the other is/was going through.

#12065 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:44

Interesting that you know whats going on in their private lives, and what reasons where behind Lewis problems.
As far as I know Lewis break up with Nicole, was only a part of his private life problems.
Be happy as Alonso fan that Alonso seems to be less affected from personal problems than Hamilton. everybody reacts different, some people find reliev in their work, while others feel sad even if they work. (some people even take their own lifes if they loose their love ,worst case)

I hope Alonso recovers from this. Probably this was a reason , he and Lewis seemd to be very nice to each other lately, because they knew what the other is/was going through.

Exactly. If you look at the post I was replying, it is impossible to predict that in 2012 Alonso would drive like Hamilton in 2011.

#12066 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:46

:up:

#12067 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:47

Exactly. If you look at the post I was replying, it is impossible to predict that in 2012 Alonso would drive like Hamilton in 2011.

Well, if Alonso rammed Massa as many times in 2012 as Lewis did in 2011, he wouldn't be a Ferrari driver any more. So fairly safe to assume that this won't happen. :)

#12068 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:57

:up: Agreed. Hamilton is Hamilton and Alonso is Alonso; their partners and their relationships were not the same. There is no point in drawing any conclusions or making any judgments about either of them based on how it appears to us that they've reacted.

#12069 adebiloid

adebiloid

• 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:59

The very simple fact that their marriage has broken down is a bad thing.

People don't love each other anymore. They still should live together because you think it's right? :wave:

#12070 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:07

People don't love each other anymore. They still should live together because you think it's right? :wave:

adkfnasdfkjhdsf seriously where do you think he said that? He is saying that once upon a time, they loved each other and hoped to spend their lives together, and that didn't work out, and that's sad. He's not saying that it's bad or wrong that they're getting divorced, or that they should continue to live together unhappily. Just that when a relationship fails, it's a sad thing.

#12071 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:08

It's impossible to compare 2 different persons and their different characters and the influence of their driving as they are not compareable.
+ things like split ups with someone are only a part of the whole thing.
WE don't know about Fernandos and Lewis real private lifes, the reasons behind their split ups. We don't know what else happened behind the scenes
Whatever influenced Hamilton it had started way before his split up with Nicole, probably the split was not the cause, but rather the effect of something else.
Fernando seems to be generally a less emotional person than Hamilton, maybe therfore he can blind out his emotions better at driving

#12072 adebiloid

adebiloid

• 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:16

adkfnasdfkjhdsf seriously where do you think he said that? He is saying that once upon a time, they loved each other and hoped to spend their lives together, and that didn't work out, and that's sad. He's not saying that it's bad or wrong that they're getting divorced, or that they should continue to live together unhappily. Just that when a relationship fails, it's a sad thing.

In my first post I said it's neither bad/good because we know nothing. Clatter replied to me forcing to admit it's bad. Why it should be bad (or sad)???

Edited by adebiloid, 20 December 2011 - 22:25.

#12073 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:16

It's impossible to compare 2 different persons and their different characters and the influence of their driving as they are not compareable.
WE don't know about Fernandos and Lewis real private lifes, the reasons behind their split ups. We don't know what else happened behind the scenes
Whatever influenced Hamilton it had started way before his split up with Nicole, probably the split was not the cause, but rather the effect of something else.
Fernando seems to be generally a less emotional person than Hamilton, maybe therfore he can blind out his emotions better at driving

The problem is when you are so mentally weak that you cannot block out your personal problems for a few hours every couple of weekends and you stand around and pout like a child whose Mother wouldn't buy him a candy bar.

#12074 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:23

In my first post I said it's neither bad/good because we know nothing. Clatter replied to me forcing to admit it's sad. Why it should be sad???

We don't know whether it's good or bad based on the situation they found themselves in immediately prior to deciding to divorce. I'm not Clatter and shouldn't speak for him, but I understood him to mean (and wholeheartedly agreed) that people don't usually get married in hopes that they might one day divorce, and so that they have found themselves at a place where this seems like the best option for them is sad. It doesn't follow that therefore they need to stay married forever and ever, which is the opinion you're (I think) unfairly trying to attach to Clatter.

#12075 adebiloid

adebiloid

• 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:31

We don't know whether it's good or bad based on the situation they found themselves in immediately prior to deciding to divorce. I'm not Clatter and shouldn't speak for him, but I understood him to mean (and wholeheartedly agreed) that people don't usually get married in hopes that they might one day divorce, and so that they have found themselves at a place where this seems like the best option for them is sad. It doesn't follow that therefore they need to stay married forever and ever, which is the opinion you're (I think) unfairly trying to attach to Clatter.

Why the hell it's sad? It's life, jeez. People matured and changed. They get new interests, new friends, new job, etc. And new partners, yes. No one died, you don't know this people, why it's sad???

#12076 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:33

Your right. I never said or meant they should stay together regardless, but the fact the relationship has broken down cannot be viewed as a good thing.

#12077 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:36

Why the hell it's sad? It's life, jeez. People matured and changed. They get new interests, new friends, new job, etc. And new partners, yes. No one died, you don't know this people, why it's sad???

No your absolutely right. Their marriage has broken down and they have split up, we should all skip, jump and rejoice. :rolleyes:

Seriously, can you not see or understand why that is a sad thing?

#12078 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:37

If you feel that a marriage is a casual hobby that one picks up or drops as it suits them, then you're absolutely right, there's nothing sad about that. Most people don't hold that view, but of course for all I know Alonso and Raquel del Rosario are the sorts who view the institution much like a magazine subscription that no longer interests them, and so have no real feelings of regret about how it turned out.

This is far more than I ever wanted to comment on this subject, so now that I've agreed with you, I hope you don't take it amiss if I stop replying here.

#12079 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:39

If you feel that a marriage is a casual hobby that one picks up or drops as it suits them, then you're absolutely right, there's nothing sad about that. Most people don't hold that view, but of course for all I know Alonso and Raquel del Rosario are the sorts who view the institution much like a magazine subscription that no longer interests them, and so have no real feelings of regret about how it turned out.

This is far more than I ever wanted to comment on this subject, so now that I've agreed with you, I hope you don't take it amiss if I stop replying here.

Think I'll take a leaf out of your book.

Advertisement

#12080 adebiloid

adebiloid

• 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:39

No your absolutely right. Their marriage has broken down and they have split up, we should all skip, jump and rejoice. :rolleyes:

Seriously, can you not see or understand why that is a sad thing?

Jump? Where did I say this? :down:

It's neither sad/bad/good. It's just a fact.

You can be sad though, but it doesn't mean all people should share your personal feeling.

#12081 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,459 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:50

Clatter, flowerdew, this one's for you:

Posted Image

#12082 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,184 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:50

The problem is when you are so mentally weak that you cannot block out your personal problems for a few hours every couple of weekends and you stand around and pout like a child whose Mother wouldn't buy him a candy bar.

I disagree. Some break-ups have affected me personally different to others. It depends on the reason for the break-up too. We don't know why Alonso and his Mrs broke up, neither do we know why Lewis and Nicole broke up. One of my best friends in the world is my ex boyfriend. We'd been together for 5 years. But due to reasons why we split made it easier to accept and understand. It doesn't always mean that you split because you don't love each other anymore. It does wierd my current boyfriend out a bit though. :well: They have said that they are still going to be friends and that is the main thing.

From what I've heard is that he hasn't been wearing his wedding ring for a while which suggests that the split happened a while ago. I can't remember whether he was wearing it in Spa when I met him. I didn't look for that.

But good luck to him back in the world of singledom, and good luck to Lewis and Nicole and I hope they can sort their issues out properly.

We need both drivers on good form next year.

#12083 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,440 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:03

Posted Image

:up: :rotfl:

#12084 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,085 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:07

I agree with this. This underlined is a key word in all of this. Some people are too emotional and they are affected more by bad things that happen in their lives. Neither Alonso nor Lewis are programmed robots with same emotions, they both [and every other person] have a different view of the World. Some people are too emotional and affected by very small things. I donĀ“t know what to say to those who comparing their driving. Maybe I should ask: are you 15 years old? :well: Some things in life are not comparable :well:

#12085 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:08

Posted Image

Pretty much! :kiss:

#12086 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:19

It depends on the problems.
I would never call someone weak if I don't know the problems , and don't know how it is to be in his position

#12087 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 00:38

Of course the weekend the news came up that Lewis broke up with Nicole is also the weekend he got the only non Red Bull pole position, and drove a fantastic race to hold of Webber, demeanor aside.

Respect to Alonso to drive so fantastically despite his personal issues, he keeps going up in my eyes. :up:

Edited by Kvothe, 21 December 2011 - 00:40.

#12088 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 00:44

Keep making yourself look like an idiot by comparing the two. The fact is nobody knows any of the difficulties, or problems that either have experienced and to attempt to compare the two without such knowledge, could only be done so with an agenda in mind.

It also must be remembered that Alonso in 2007 went throught the kind of year Lewis went through this season, differences aside neither could be said to have handled it well.

#12089 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:13

Keep making yourself look like an idiot by comparing the two. The fact is nobody knows any of the difficulties, or problems that either have experienced and to attempt to compare the two without such knowledge, could only be done so with an agenda in mind.

It also must be remembered that Alonso in 2007 went throught the kind of year Lewis went through this season, differences aside neither could be said to have handled it well.

comparing apples with pears isnt a good comparison.

#12090 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:15

comparing apples with pears isnt a good comparison.

I'm not comparing fruit, i'm not even comparing the years in which two excellant drivers lost to their team mates, I'm just making the point that neither had a great season and neither handled it well.

Edited by Kvothe, 21 December 2011 - 01:16.

#12091 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:42

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah. Keep telling to yourself that in 2007 Alonso drove as poorly as Hamilton drove in 2011. Was Alonso crashing against Massa and half the grid for a docen of races too? Who is the idiot now?

#12092 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:14

Breakups don't normally happen suddenly so there was probably a lot of things happening for a long time before they actually split. However different people handle things in different ways and it doesn't make them a better or worse person for it.

i can tell you frome experience, that sometimes marriages do just break up suddenly.

#12093 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:21

Not such an easy question. I am a massive F1 fan, and follow everything about the on and off track exploits of F1 drivers, but really don't care much about their personal lives. I would imagine that, as Jenson mentioned last year, you would probably lose a massive amount of speed once you have children. As a father, I can understand this. I did some crazy stuff before I had kids, and that all changes once you realise that your life is more important than just yourself. For example, people point to Massa's lack of form since his accident as due to the accident. It is also a fact that he had a Son between his good performances of 2008/2009 and 2010/2011.

Schumacher won, like, 4 championships in a row when he got children so I guess its not that important.

Good luck Fernando!

#12094 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,066 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:39

I'm a huge fan of Fernando, have been for years. But his marriage is absolutely none of my business..

#12095 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:11

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah. Keep telling to yourself that in 2007 Alonso drove as poorly as Hamilton drove in 2011. Was Alonso crashing against Massa and half the grid for a docen of races too? Who is the idiot now?

Just go on and extrapolate from what i wrote anything your ego needs to make it through the day :)

#12096 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,649 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:59

Interesting point you make there, I remember their hug after Abu Dhabi, I never thought I would see those two so close like that.

But as someone else just said on the subject of the divorce I'm not really interested talking about it when it's not really any of my bussiness and I respect their privacy. As a big fan of Fernando all I can say is best of luck for 2012 we are all behind you!

#12097 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:40

From what I've heard is that he hasn't been wearing his wedding ring for a while which suggests that the split happened a while ago. I can't remember whether he was wearing it in Spa when I met him. I didn't look for that.

out of curiosity i looked through pictures and he was without his ring probably since monco or so

#12098 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:50

Was there successful marriage between F1 driver and another celebrity? I don't think so. Their carriers will destroy their marriage. This will never end well. Can they(drivers) just find a woman that will love them and be there for them?? Is it so hard?

#12099 Manneken3000

Manneken3000

• 236 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:11

Great news, now he will be faster, less weight on him.

Advertisement

#12100 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:13

What is a bit curious, Fernando Alonso has established himself as the best driver in the past two years, even with a mediocre car. Many people really hated him, but he consistantly showed what he is capable of.

Alonso moved back to Spain, maybe they had problems already at that time and that's why he wanted his family back withing striking distance.

Edited by BalazsF1, 21 December 2011 - 08:13.