Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#12101 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:19

But as someone else just said on the subject of the divorce I'm not really interested talking about it when it's not really any of my bussiness and I respect their privacy. As a big fan of Fernando all I can say is best of luck for 2012 we are all behind you!

:up:

I think they will handle it fine! Raquel is writing on her FB site that they will stay friends!

Advertisement

#12102 Zava

Zava

• 4,978 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:50

What is a bit curious, Fernando Alonso has established himself as the best driver in the past two years, even with a mediocre car. Many people really hated him, but he consistantly showed what he is capable of.

Alonso moved back to Spain, maybe they had problems already at that time and that's why he wanted his family back withing striking distance.

off: I thought that by your argument on motorsportal of the team principals voting at the end of year, you should be congratulating Vettel on being the best driver of the field.  ;)

#12103 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:48

off: I thought that by your argument on motorsportal of the team principals voting at the end of year, you should be congratulating Vettel on being the best driver of the field. ;)

Okay, but we all know Red Bull didn't participate in the Formula-1 this year, they started an own league, the Red Bull-1... Fernando couldn't make up the one second difference Ferrari have had over the biggest part of the season. He extracted the last thousand of the second out of his car and was very consistent. No doubt, if he has a car which is not miles behind the best, he will walk away with the title. I am absolutely amazed by his talent.

#12104 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:49

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on this thread. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Come on, dont be modest. Your posts are way funnier! :D

#12105 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:08

I'm not comparing fruit, i'm not even comparing the years in which two excellant drivers lost to their team mates, I'm just making the point that neither had a great season and neither handled it well.

which is a wrong conclusion.

one of them achieved in a criminal millieu (which raced against him) to overcome the odds and equal his teammate by the end of the season in points and having also achieved to be by equal points more often in front of the team mate than vice versa. --> under given circumstances this was a big achievement

the other lost by a margin to his teammate, some say because of private problems (girlfriend-problems) --> under given circumstances not very well handled.

#12106 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:07

So, it seems that on the 'who handles a split up better' it's Alonso 1 x Hamilton 0. Everybody agrees ?

Jesus.

#12107 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:08

which is a wrong conclusion.

one of them achieved in a criminal millieu (which raced against him) to overcome the odds and equal his teammate by the end of the season in points and having also achieved to be by equal points more often in front of the team mate than vice versa. --> under given circumstances this was a big achievement

the other lost by a margin to his teammate, some say because of private problems (girlfriend-problems) --> under given circumstances not very well handled.

Stop comparing, oh and you're missing the point.

Edited by Kvothe, 21 December 2011 - 12:08.

#12108 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:10

The problem is when you are so mentally weak that you cannot block out your personal problems for a few hours every couple of weekends and you stand around and pout like a child whose Mother wouldn't buy him a candy bar.

Your post and your sig don't connect very well.

#12109 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:12

Come on, dont be modest. Your posts are way funnier! :D

Why thank you. It's a shame I can't say the same about your posts. They are not even funny.

#12110 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:26

Stop comparing, oh and you're missing the point.

1) dont tell me what to do
2) i was giving important details which you havent in your poor comparison.

but
3) unnecessary to debate about it.

#12111 69dude

69dude

• 33 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:31

What is a bit curious, Fernando Alonso has established himself as the best driver in the past two years, even with a mediocre car. Many people really hated him, but he consistantly showed what he is capable of.

Alonso moved back to Spain, maybe they had problems already at that time and that's why he wanted his family back withing striking distance.

Dream on

Posted Image

Edited by 69dude, 21 December 2011 - 12:38.

#12112 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:40

i can tell you frome experience, that sometimes marriages do just break up suddenly.

I did say "normally", but in general there is an underlying problem that leads to a breakup, but that problem can also be one-sided and the other party doesn't realise there is an issue.

#12113 as65p

as65p

• 17,211 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:58

I did say "normally", but in general there is an underlying problem that leads to a breakup, but that problem can also be one-sided and the other party doesn't realise there is an issue.

That's talking from our (the male) perspective. Females would never miss to notice problems. To them, there are always problems anyway, and if really not, it comes natural to create a few out of the blue...  ;)

#12114 speng

speng

• 1,299 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 13:03

The problem is when you are so mentally weak that you cannot block out your personal problems for a few hours every couple of weekends and you stand around and pout like a child whose Mother wouldn't buy him a candy bar.

much nonsense here

#12115 FTATRWeSaluteYou

FTATRWeSaluteYou

• 473 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 13:13

Shame, Raquel was the hottest wife/girlfriend in F1.

#12116 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 13:16

Shame, Raquel was the hottest wife/girlfriend in F1.

Well, she is still hot. And now she is available.

#12117 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 13:40

So, it seems that on the 'who handles a split up better' it's Alonso 1 x Hamilton 0. Everybody agrees ?

Why ?
Comparing marriage to racing cars...
Hamilton lost controll, but managed to save it, while Alonso left the track for good and DNF.

To me, it is clear that Rachel wanted more time - kids ? - together while Nando wanted to focus on a Ferrari WDC.

Is Ferrari becoming an obsession to Fernando ?

#12118 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 13:52

1) dont tell me what to do
2) i was giving important details which you havent in your poor comparison.

but
3) unnecessary to debate about it.

1. It actually feels like debating with a child. I wasn't giving a command i was pointing out the irony in your post considering you made the point a few posts ago that you can't compare the two.

2. The difference is i wasn't trying to make a comparison, hence the superficiality.

3 With you a debate is always unneccesary.

Edited by Kvothe, 21 December 2011 - 13:53.

#12119 flowerdew

flowerdew

• 290 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:00

Why ?
Comparing marriage to racing cars...
Hamilton lost controll, but managed to save it, while Alonso left the track for good and DNF.

To me, it is clear that Rachel wanted more time - kids ? - together while Nando wanted to focus on a Ferrari WDC.

Is Ferrari becoming an obsession to Fernando ?

Zomg, can we please get back to how Alonso has a heart 3 sizes too small w/r/t poor young Alguersuari's cruel dismissal by Toro Rosso?

Advertisement

#12120 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:13

1. It actually feels like debating with a child. I wasn't giving a command i was pointing out the irony in your post considering you made the point a few posts ago that you can't compare the two.

2. The difference is i wasn't trying to make a comparison, hence the superficiality.

3 With you a debate is always unneccesary.

debating each other is not the matter, so let us stop with this, and let us go back to topic:
and therefore i'll repeat myself, where i have outlined the differeces:

+ one more difference:
in 2011: alonso had a hard time in private life, which lead to the divorce, but he drove at his best
hamilton had a hard time in private life, which lead to the break-up and drove not that good.

nothing really important, but it should not be forgotten.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 21 December 2011 - 14:14.

#12121 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:15

debating each other is not the matter, so let us stop with this, and let us go back to topic:
and therefore i'll repeat myself, where i have outlined the differeces:

+ one more difference:
in 2011: alonso had a hard time in private life, which lead to the divorce, but he drove at his best
hamilton had a hard time in private life, which lead to the break-up and drove not that good.

nothing really important, but it should not be forgotten.

I'm done banging my head.

#12122 Les

Les

• 2,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:17

Well, she is still hot. And now she is available.

Well yeah but not to anybody on here she isn't!

#12123 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:22

Posted Image

Is Ashley Hart the new women in Fernandos life? :|

#12124 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:27

Schumacher won, like, 4 championships in a row when he got children so I guess its not that important.

Good luck Fernando!

I had an extraordinary novel idea !!! The idea is that people are different and react differently to events in their life. Think about it.

#12125 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:30

Posted Image

hope not, he deserves better.

#12126 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:34

Well yeah but not to anybody on here she isn't!

Of course not to anybody but I wouldn't mind asking, nicely. :)

#12127 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,534 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:38

I had an extraordinary novel idea !!! The idea is that people are different and react differently to events in their life. Think about it.

:clap: :clap: :up:

#12128 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 15:16

I think it might be the case.

#12129 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 15:34

I think it's the same for both, she has a music band, and let's say is not the hottest thing in Spain, so she have to work harder, record, rehearse and go on tour (like other musician), in the other hand, Fernando spend almost all his time, travelling around the world, racing and working in Maranello. It looks to me like their professions are not compatible, or they can make it work. About the kids, she is the one who has to sacrifice his career to have kids, and she has worked very hard to reach where she is, so yeah.

Anyway, can't wait for the WROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM, to get real racing news.

#12130 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 15:37

Anyway, can't wait for the WROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM, to get real racing news.

:up:

#12131 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 16:18

Can you please stop with these childish comments?

Yes it might, but to me it didn't look like that. She has always stated that she doesn't want children, right now. The only thing she wanted is doing more concerts. Normally she just stays in Spain, but this year she was all over the world (especially with the album recording in LA) So I doubt that would be the reason for their split. The situation just got unworkable it seems.

About Hamilton and Nicole, it's absurd to compare it with this. I just don't think relationships can be compared. Totally different. Add to that the fact that we know absolutely nothing of what really might be going on.

Edited by Smile17, 21 December 2011 - 16:18.

#12132 freya

freya

• 1,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 17:47

says something about you ;)

Believe me it doesn't. Most of people on this forum that had the experience think exactly like him. :D

#12133 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 18:24

Schumacher won, like, 4 championships in a row when he got children so I guess its not that important.

Good luck Fernando!

Schumacher won a race hours after his mother died!!! I don't think that you can put Schumacher in the normal emotional state of a person. He was more like a robot.

#12134 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 19:45

Posted Image

According to this forum it's a swiss/russian girl, she doesnt look bad :p

http://www.forocoche...48#post99165848

#12135 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 20:42

According to this forum it's a swiss/russian girl, she doesnt look bad :p

http://www.forocoche...48#post99165848

If you believe in cheap press... I think it's very unrespectful.

Edited by Smile17, 21 December 2011 - 20:46.

#12136 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:15

I usually don´t like to talk about the driver´s private life, but if this girl is really Alonso´s new girlfriend....

http://s3.amazonaws....3wyeo4_1280.jpg

Way to go Fer!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#12137 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:30

I usually don´t like to talk about the driver´s private life, but if this girl is really Alonso´s new girlfriend....

Alonso must be Dorian Grey...

#12138 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,881 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:32

Xenia Tchoumitcheva - forget it. ;)

#12139 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:38

Just a shame it isn't his gf. Since when have you guys sinked so deep and started liking these so called 'models' and believing in these made up fantasy story's?

Edited by Smile17, 21 December 2011 - 21:39.

Advertisement

#12140 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:48

Just a shame it isn't his gf. Since when have you guys sinked so deep and started liking these so called 'models' and believing in these made up fantasy story's?

Relax, man. I don´t care about who Alonso or any other driver is dating or not, that pertains to their private life and this is not the forum to discuss about it. Having said that, i just saw the photos of Alonso with that gorgeous girl and IF it´s the case she is his new girlfriend then good for Alonso IMO.

PS. I won´t discuss this topic anymore.

#12141 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:53

Posted Image

What a nice pair

of Ferrari Team shirts

#12142 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:57

Back to Formula 1.... Never underestimate Alonso's capability to move on... ;)

#12143 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:57

More arguments about coming second ?

#12144 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 21:58

5 years since he won a championship around the same time he married Raquel del Rosario! Maybe without a wife Alonso will win a championship again this year, since he doesn't need to make time for a wife and can now fully commit himself mentally to racing! not saying she was the reason but it doesn't have to be all negative! The same goes for Hamilton

#12145 Gyan

Gyan

• 833 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 23:30

You'd think an average F1 fan would know this.... I can answer this question for every single driver on the grid in a heartbeat.

What a silly statement to make.

I don't care about what drivers do off the track. This news item piqued my curiosity for the first time regarding Alonso's personal life. Apart from Button's and Hamilton's girlfriends who always appeared on the TV at races, I don't anyone else's because there is frankly no need.

Knowing about drivers families is not a prerequisite to be an F1 fan.

Edited by Gyan, 22 December 2011 - 00:00.

#12146 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 13:27

Some nice words from Montezemolo.

"Al igual que en 2010 ha hecho una gran temporada tanto en carrera como trabajando con el equipo y en el fin de semana, lo que siento es que no haya tenido un gran coche"

"Ahora mismo, y soy viejo en esto, Alonso es el mejor de la parrilla especialmente en carrera, en términos de capacidad, velocidad, experiencia, consistencia, frialdad durante la carrera, relación con el equipo, etc. Desde Michael no veía un piloto capaz de dar 70 vueltas de calificación seguidas".

http://www.marca.com...1324546296.html

Free translation.

Like in 2010 he has had a great season both in races and working with the team and also in the weekend, I'm sorry that he couldn't have a great car

Right now, and I am an old "dog" in this, Alonso is the best of the grid, specially in the race, in terms of capacity, speed, experience, consistency, coldness during the race, relationship with the team, etc.. Since Michael I did not see a driver capable of 70 consecutive qualifying laps

Edited by kosmos, 22 December 2011 - 13:28.

#12147 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,660 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 13:43

Christmas video (best whises) from Ferando and Felipe.

http://events.ferrar..._term=400891182

#12148 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 19:46

Seems there is a new love in Fernandos life!

Posted Image

#12149 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 19:48

Seems there is a new love in Fernandos life!

Posted Image

That photo was taken 25 years from now. Presumably by then rich people will be able to un age :D

#12150 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,729 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 19:53

I guess I am in the minority but I wish we would stick to racing on this thread. :|