That's the other way around mate :D

I don't think so.

Advertisement

#12352 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 13:30

Ferrari 'must match Alonso'

"You always expect more and more from everyone, but to be realistic expecting more from Fernando than what he did last year is difficult," Domenicali said.

"If he can perform at that level again it would be fantastic. But it has to come from our side and the engineering to make sure we're ahead of the others."

He added: "Fernando really pushed himself over the limit last year. Over the last two years he's spent more time at Maranello than anyone else in my 20 years with Ferrari. That shows how much it means to him."

#12353 FTATRWeSaluteYou

FTATRWeSaluteYou

• 473 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 13:34

I think we are moving into an era of Fernando and Ferrari glory.

#12354 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 13:47

Domenicalli as said this morning in the press conference that in his 20 years working in Ferrari, he never saw a driver as involved with team and spend so much time in Maranello.

He also said that he can't ask for more because is impossible to have better perfomance than what Alonso did in 2011 with that car.

From lobato twitter.

That's because Stefano's never had Vettel in his car yet.  ;)

#12355 kissTheApex

kissTheApex

• 213 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 14:12

I think we are moving into an era of Fernando and Ferrari glory.

From your mouth (errr, keyboard) to God's ears :kiss:

I'd really like to see Fernando win his 4th title before he retires.

#12356 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 14:36

I'd really like to see Fernando win his 4th title before he retires.

me even more, because i would like to know, what he will add to his helmet after he had already all four aces on the helmet ;)

#12357 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 16:46

More pics from Wrooom, looks like Fernando and Felipe raced each other with a FF, I can't find who win :lol:

Posted Image

Wrooom Gallery

Edited by kosmos, 11 January 2012 - 16:47.

#12358 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 18:46

More pics from Wrooom, looks like Fernando and Felipe raced each other with a FF, I can't find who win :lol:
Wrooom Gallery

On snow too, I'd like to see that. :)

#12359 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,709 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 00:13

Note;

Posts have been removed. There is a thread dedicated to Alonso vs Hamilton here.

Advertisement

#12360 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 00:31

What "illegal aerodynamic helps" were used in 2011? Why were they illegal? If they weren't banned at the time, how can they have been illegal at the time? If they were banned at the time, how do you know they were used when the FIA apparently doesn't?

you missed the silverstone weekend.
classic you  ;)

#12361 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 00:43

you missed the silverstone weekend.
classic you ;)

No, I did not miss the Silverstone weekend. However, if you answered any of my questions, I certainly missed that. Would you be so kind as to try again, in a way that I won't miss?

#12362 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:25

@sbf: well, when you havent missed the silverstone weekend than you have to know what the illegal system is and how it has benefited RB most and how gracious ferrari was in allowing this system to stay, although it was illegal.

back to topic:
those words of domenicali about alonso being even more in the ferrari factory than michale schumacher, tells us a lot about the commitment of alonso and his attitude.
listening to domenicalis words about how good fry is working and about their hopes for 2012, i think that 2012 is going to be our year.

forza alonso

Edited by YellowHelmet, 12 January 2012 - 10:26.

#12363 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:35

those words of domenicali about alonso being even more in the ferrari factory than michale schumacher, tells us a lot about the commitment of alonso and his attitude.
listening to domenicalis words about how good fry is working and about their hopes for 2012, i think that 2012 is going to be our year.
forza alonso

Or its Domenicali doing a bit of PR promotion to give the impression they are all pushing forward and happy, which they may be. Whenever other teams realise such comments its often ridiculed on here as 'BS PR' and much depends on which team say it. If McLaren were to say something like this about Lewis, it would have a around 6 pages in a thread deidcated to it full of snipes and defence. I don't doubt Alonso is fully committed and lets face it, its in any drivers best interest to learn about their new car. All the top drivers from Vettel to Button to Hamilton to Alonso have been noted as workaholics by the press at some point when it comes to trying to find that advantage. Good luck to Alonso and his reported dedication I say. :)

#12364 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:44

Or its Domenicali doing a bit of PR promotion to give the impression they are all pushing forward and happy, which they may be.

or he is just saying the truth.

#12365 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:45

or he is just saying the truth.

Its very rare of a team principle but he may well be.

#12366 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:48

Its very rare of a team principle but he may well be.

not very rare, and especially this comment seems to be very right.
maybe this commitment costed alonso his marriage but it seems that his love for ferrari is the most important thing in his life.

alonso and ferrari: the great love :kiss:

#12367 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:25

@sbf: well, when you havent missed the silverstone weekend than you have to know what the illegal system is and how it has benefited RB most and how gracious ferrari was in allowing this system to stay, although it was illegal.

back to topic:

forza alonso

Fortunately, I do know what happened at the Silverstone weekend (or at least what is in the public domain).

#12368 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

On snow too, I'd like to see that. :)

Happy day for you, Massa won  ;)

#12369 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

back to topic:

forza alonso

That's why I stop by on this thread occasionally. Comedy at it's best.

#12370 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,913 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:34

Well nice words from Domenicali, but how on earth can Alonso spend more time in the factory than Schuey in times of unlimited testing?

#12371 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:39

Well nice words from Domenicali, but how on earth can Alonso spend more time in the factory than Schuey in times of unlimited testing?

they can test unlimited in the simulator + he is not only involved in driving.

#12372 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:40

Fortunately, I do know what happened at the Silverstone weekend (or at least what is in the public domain).

well then you know what illegal system we are talking about and how gracious ferrari was to let this system remain in 2011, but having it forbidden for the future.
or
you just teasing me  ;)

#12373 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:41

That's why I stop by on this thread occasionally. Comedy at it's best.

you stop by to refuse the reality and that makes you laugh :rolleyes:

#12374 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:54

you stop by to refuse the reality and that makes you laugh :rolleyes:

I don't think your referring to reality in the singular was strictly correct, there.

#12375 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:58

I don't think your referring to reality in the singular was strictly correct, there.

i dont think i was refering to you.

back to topic:

here is an article about alonso refering to test ban in winter:
he says that it is like taking messi the football away
(in german) look here

Edited by YellowHelmet, 12 January 2012 - 12:58.

#12376 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:58

Happy day for you, Massa won ;)

Why would I be happy that Massa won?? I prefer Alonso!! :wave:

#12377 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:59

you are moving on, nice to see  ;) :up:

#12378 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:01

here is an article about alonso refering to test ban in winter:
he says that it is like taking messi the football away
(in german) look here

I think he is not the only one thinking THIS!

#12379 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:08

So Ferrari decides what is legal now? LOL!
About Ferrari in 2012 - the more they talk - the more I feel that they actually don't know where they are going. I would be very surprised if they are close to Red Bull or McLaren next year.

Advertisement

#12380 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:11

I would be very surprised if they are close to Red Bull or McLaren next year.

;) Sometimes F1 has big surprises! Would not be the first time! I don't believe that red Bull will be the ultimative winner team for the next 10 years!

#12381 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:13

So Ferrari decides what is legal now? LOL!

it was the fia, if just one team would have been against it, it would have been forbidden as it was at the silverstone weekend.
but ferrari was gracious and allowed that illegal system to stay for 2011.

About Ferrari in 2012 - the more they talk - the more I feel that they actually don't know where they are going. I would be very surprised if they are close to Red Bull or McLaren next year.

without the illegal system that was used in 2011 (except in silverstone where ferrari won), ferrari seems to be on the right way.

#12382 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,913 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:21

it was the fia, if just one team would have been against it, it would have been forbidden as it was at the silverstone weekend.

without the illegal system that was used in 2011 (except in silverstone where ferrari won), ferrari seems to be on the right way.

Do you honestly believe someone is being "gracious" in this business? And if so, why should they?

Edited by Jovanotti, 12 January 2012 - 13:22.

#12383 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:30

Do you honestly believe someone is being "gracious" in this business? And if so, why should they?

1. using it as a bragaining chip for future talks
2. someone are hinting that domenicalli was to weak, and thinking more about the image
3. gracious, because ferrari wanted to avoid another bad press about formula1 at that time.
etc. etc. etc.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 12 January 2012 - 13:30.

#12384 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:31

i dont think i was refering to you.

Posted Image

#12385 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:38

Good grief man. You are the most deluded fan with Alonso-fever I have ever seen.
You are aware that Ferrari also ran the off-throttle blown diffuser, right? But since it was not as good as the Red Bull or they were not able to copy it well enough, then it is illegal on the RBR? :stoned:

Also - it was not an illegal system. It was Charlie Whiting that all of a sudden mid-season decided to make changes to the regulations. So it was illegal during the Silverstone weekend - and Red Bull didn't run it. But it was not illegal before and not after when the ban was lifted. Get some sense. If a ban is lifted, then it is not illegal anymore.

But at least I am glad that you contribute the Alonso win to the limiting of the OBD on the Red Bull instead of his driving capabilities..

#12386 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:43

you are moving on, nice to see ;) :up:

You need to start reading my posts mate. I have always regarded Alonso highly, and he is one of my favourite drivers on the grid. Move on from what exactly??! :confused:

#12387 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:45

Good to know, the more the better :)

#12388 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:48

Good grief man. You are the most deluded fan with Alonso-fever I have ever seen.

this illegal system has nothing to do with alonso.

Also - it was not an illegal system. It was Charlie Whiting that all of a sudden mid-season decided to make changes to the regulations. So it was illegal during the Silverstone weekend - and Red Bull didn't run it.

yes, and was not able to win.

But it was not illegal before and not after when the ban was lifted. Get some sense. If a ban is lifted, then it is not illegal anymore.

it was lifted coz ferrari was gracious and not because it was legal.

But at least I am glad that you contribute the Alonso win to the limiting of the OBD on the Red Bull instead of his driving capabilities..

wow, strong words :lol:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 12 January 2012 - 13:49.

#12389 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:50

You need to start reading my posts mate. I have always regarded Alonso highly, and he is one of my favourite drivers on the grid. Move on from what exactly??! :confused:

i know that, i was just joking.
chill man :smoking:  ;)

#12390 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:12

this illegal system has nothing to do with alonso.

No, but your inability to see the forest for the trees have everything to do with where your sole infatuation is directed.

it was lifted coz ferrari was gracious and not because it was legal.

Oh, the gracious Ferrari. Lets us all thank them on our knees. :rolleyes: Rewriting history can be fun.
It was not Ferrari that was responsible for this - it was all the teams agreeing on this: http://www.autosport...=...ws&id=93016
Sauber and Ferrari were the last ones to agree. Not because they were gracious but because of common sense and the pressure from the rest of the teams!

Also - it would never have been an issue if Whiting would have just left it alone until the end of the season. Which is what is normally done with these things. A fact that was also pointed out by several team principals - that it would have been far better to deal with this after seasons end. Thats what they did that with the F-duct for instance. God knows why the geezer started cocking about with this mid-season. It only confused the common fan.

#12391 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:22

No, but your inability to see the forest for the trees have everything to do with where your sole infatuation is directed.

it is not the place to discuss each other,
not saying that your profile is not leaving enough space for doing that,

Oh, the gracious Ferrari. Lets us all thank them on our knees. :rolleyes: Rewriting history can be fun.
It was not Ferrari that was responsible for this - it was all the teams agreeing on this: http://www.autosport...=...ws&id=93016
Sauber and Ferrari were the last ones to agree. Not because they were gracious but because of common sense and the pressure from the rest of the teams!

right, ferrari agreed on it last. showing great sport spirit, although that system was illegal.

Also - it would never have been an issue if Whiting would have just left it alone until the end of the season. Which is what is normally done with these things. A fact that was also pointed out by several team principals - that it would have been far better to deal with this after seasons end. Thats what they did that with the F-duct for instance. God knows why the geezer started cocking about with this mid-season. It only confused the common fan.

because in normal life the point of realising an illegality of a system is not linked to a time point.
it doesnt matter when it was realised. the fia did realise it, and if ferrari would have said no to it, this system would have been banned or better say stay banned as it was at silverstone.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 12 January 2012 - 14:23.

#12392 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:50

it doesnt matter when it was realised. the fia did realise it, and if ferrari would have said no to it, this system would have been banned or better say stay banned as it was at silverstone.

If any of the teams had of refused to agree to it, it would have been banned. Ferrari were just the last team to agree, so they were in the position of deciding how the agreement went. If Virgin or HRT had have placed themselves in that position, then it would have been exactly the same. Just saying. :)

#12393 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:53

If any of the teams had of refused to agree to it, it would have been banned. Ferrari were just the last team to agree, so they were in the position of deciding how the agreement went. If Virgin or HRT had have placed themselves in that position, then it would have been exactly the same. Just saying. :)

ok.

let us stop now debating this here.
if there is a need to talk about this, we should look for the appropriate thread, before the mods get angry  ;)

at the end of the day, i like you prefering alonso :clap:

#12394 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:57

Thats fair enough, there was nothing critical in my post, I just thought it needed to be pointed out that Ferrari were not just being sporting in that instance, but put under pressure by every other team at the time. I don't think there is an active thread for this but I think we all understand it now anyway and can move on. It resulted in Alonso's only win of 2011 so in hindsight it ended up being a good move by Ferrari and sporting in a sense that they gave up the advantage for the remainder of that season. It really shouldn't have been passed in the first place but gave us an insight into which teams gained and advantage and from where.

#12395 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:00

it is not the place to discuss each other,
not saying that your profile is not leaving enough space for doing that,

right, ferrari agreed on it last. showing great sport spirit, although that system was illegal.

because in normal life the point of realising an illegality of a system is not linked to a time point.

Are you for real? It was not illegal before - it was completely within regulations. Before that, there was nothing in the rulebook stating it was illegal. If there was - please show me that paragraph. You will not find such a thing before you look at the 2012 regulations. Whiting claimed that it could be called a moveable aero device because it used "moveable parts within the engine to manipulate relative levels of aerodynamic grip"(!) which of course is utter bullshit. Yes, there are movable parts in an engine - surprise surprise. If they deem it to be wrong, then write it in the regulations. But not in the middle of the season. They could have done it before 2011 started but they didnt. The way it got carried out was a mess and an embarassment to the teams.
Eric Boullier: "It's a completely useless debate, and the more it goes public, the more stupid we look."

Fact is that Whiting fcked up big time.

And what is your answer regarding that Ferrari also ran the system you call illegal up to and after Silverstone? In fact they did everything they could to emulate the RBR system. If they had such a great sport spirit, then they should have refrained from using such a horrible and illegal system.

#12396 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,426 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:00

At some point you are going to have to realise that things work differently on Planet Jaundice. It does not matter there that there are twelve teams in F1, that all of them have to agree, that some teams (Cosworth-powered) had more to gain from a ban on hot-blowing. It does not matter that something that is allowed is not, by definition, illegal. It does not matter that Ferrari had a hot-blown ebd and that, if a hot-blown ebd is illegal, then the Ferrari must be illegal. Furthermore, I suspect that on Planet Jaundice, the tuned mass damper is not an illegal system.

#12397 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:05

Are you for real? It was not illegal before - it was completely within regulations. Before that, there was nothing in the rulebook stating it was illegal. If there was - please show me that paragraph. You will not find such a thing before you look at the 2012 regulations. Whiting claimed that it could be called a moveable aero device because it used "moveable parts within the engine to manipulate relative levels of aerodynamic grip"(!) which of course is utter bullshit. Yes, there are movable parts in an engine - surprise surprise. If they deem it to be wrong, then write it in the regulations. But not in the middle of the season. They could have done it before 2011 started but they didnt. The way it got carried out was a mess and an embarassment to the teams.
Eric Boullier: "It's a completely useless debate, and the more it goes public, the more stupid we look."

Fact is that Whiting fcked up big time.

And what is your answer regarding that Ferrari also ran the system you call illegal up to and after Silverstone? In fact they did everything they could to emulate the RBR system. If they had such a great sport spirit, then they should have refrained from using such a horrible and illegal system.

no answers to this topic anymore in this thread.

#12398 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:11

Thats fair enough, there was nothing critical in my post, I just thought it needed to be pointed out that Ferrari were not just being sporting in that instance, but put under pressure by every other team at the time. I don't think there is an active thread for this but I think we all understand it now anyway and can move on. It resulted in Alonso's only win of 2011 so in hindsight it ended up being a good move by Ferrari and sporting in a sense that they gave up the advantage for the remainder of that season. It really shouldn't have been passed in the first place but gave us an insight into which teams gained and advantage and from where.

dont know if the mods will allow it, but maybe this thread is appropriate.

#12399 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:12

Alonso claims he fears Kubica the most. Anymore media reporting this?

Advertisement

#12400 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,669 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:12

Alonso claims he fears Kubica the most. Anymore media reporting this?

Its being discussed in the Kubica thread as far as I know.