Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#12401 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:16

1. using it as a bragaining chip for future talks
2. someone are hinting that domenicalli was to weak, and thinking more about the image
3. gracious, because ferrari wanted to avoid another bad press about formula1 at that time.
etc. etc. etc.

I don't want to get into the discussion of Silverstone and the ban because no matter what people will always blame Ferrari. What I want to mention is number 2. This is absolutely true. Stefano is a gracious man, very good with the public and polite. He does not have in him, the ability to be forceful and assertive. Case in point, it has been mentioned publicly about outside vendors being slow to produce some parts Ferrari needs. This has held up development on certain things. Instead of Stefano calling the vendors and telling them Ferrari must have the parts now or else, it was Luca who had to tell the vendors you have 5 days to get the parts to Ferrari or we will no longer use your services and this goes not only for Ferrari but for FIAT & Chrysler too. The parts arrived before the deadline, with one vendor hiring a private plane to deliver the parts to Maranello.

I like Stefano, he is a Ferrari man through & through but I think he lacks an assertiveness & "killer instinct" that a TP should have to use from time to time. It doesn't matter so much as long as the job gets done but I'm afraid this will ultimately be his demise unless Ferrari returns to winning for immediately. I believe LDM will replace him and when/if this happens what I've said here will be one of the reasons cited as to why he would be removed as TP.

Advertisement

#12402 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,663 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:35

Alonso claims he fears Kubica the most. Anymore media reporting this?

Nobody because he didn't say anything about fear, he just said that he think Kubica is the best or will be the best when he returns.

#12403 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 16:30

At some point you are going to have to realise that things work differently on Planet Jaundice. It does not matter there that there are twelve teams in F1, that all of them have to agree, that some teams (Cosworth-powered) had more to gain from a ban on hot-blowing. It does not matter that something that is allowed is not, by definition, illegal. It does not matter that Ferrari had a hot-blown ebd and that, if a hot-blown ebd is illegal, then the Ferrari must be illegal. Furthermore, I suspect that on Planet Jaundice, the tuned mass damper is not an illegal system.

Haha! Subtle :up:

no answers to this topic anymore in this thread.

Yea, thats what I thought. Then I am done as well.

#12404 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 16:34

Nobody because he didn't say anything about fear, he just said that he think Kubica is the best or will be the best when he returns.

I'm inclined to think that Fred was being nice to his injured friend. Bob is clearly very good, but I fail to see that he's done anything to suggest he's better that SV, LH, JB, etc.

#12405 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 16:45

Yea, thats what I thought.

stop joking.  ;)

if you wanna talk more about that topic, i posted a link to an appropriate thread.

about alonsos words about kubica:
thats whats friends are for

very great gesture by alonso :up:

#12406 as65p

as65p

• 17,218 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 17:47

I'm inclined to think that Fred was being nice to his injured friend. Bob is clearly very good, but I fail to see that he's done anything to suggest he's better that SV, LH, JB, etc.

IIRC he said similar stuff pretty much since Kubica arrived in F1, that he considers him the most talented. It's not a new statement. So, could be influenced by the two being friends, but not really by the accident.

#12407 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 18:02

I wonder what the other driver's think about Alonso's claims. My bet is they do dismiss those in less than 5 sec after learning the content. In my eyes Alonso lost a lot of credibility since Singapore. Article is also implying that his (former?) friend did not do good job before Pat Fry. He might think so, but should he go public like that with it? Implications are that Chief-Dome also "failed", because he did not made changes earlier, and so it goes. It's a mess to greater degree, that doesn't speaks well about Ferrari's inner system they had for a few years. (Just my 2 cents).

Edited by Sakae, 12 January 2012 - 18:03.

#12408 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 19:00

IIRC he said similar stuff pretty much since Kubica arrived in F1, that he considers him the most talented. It's not a new statement. So, could be influenced by the two being friends, but not really by the accident.

Fernando and Robert are best mates. When Robert had his accident, he was the only driver to fly straight to the hospital and wait to see him.

#12409 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 19:07

People are reporting that Alonso is very angry and not polite in his answers with most of journos, specially the ones from Spain and Italy bcs of the way they reported his split with Raquel del Rosario.

Not a good way to bond with the press before the season start. :o

#12410 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 19:16

People are reporting that Alonso is very angry and not polite in his answers with most of journos, specially the ones from Spain and Italy bcs of the way they reported his split with Raquel del Rosario.

what are you into, gossip magazines?
is press singular?

for goodness sake, grow up mate.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 12 January 2012 - 19:16.

#12411 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 19:22

I don't believe that is the case. He's unhappy about people asking him questions about the divorce. See below:

http://www.ferrari.c...nd-privacy.aspx

Alonso & Privacy

Madonna di Campiglio, 12 January –Fernando Alonso’s press conference at Wrooom this morning was also an opportunity for him to defend his right to privacy.

Asked if the fact he spent so much time at Maranello might have been one of the reasons why he and wife Raquel had separated, the Spaniard replied thus: “I have never spoken in public about my private life and I don’t want to do so today either. I can read or hear things from so many sources for example that I am spending time in a place when in fact I am somewhere else. For example, it was written that during the end of year holidays I was in Oviedo, when in fact I was in Los Angeles di San Rafael, near Segovia, just to make it clear.”

Fernando spent much time on this during the conference, as many journalists noted. “It’s the first time that I find myself the subject of rumour and gossip at this level and I find it very disappointing,” he explained. “Raquel and I had asked for our private life to be respected, but just a few hours after the announcement of our separation, we began to read so many sad things and some of them were almost funny they were so absurd. I don’t think this type of persecution will last long because fashion changes and because I cannot believe there can be so much interest centred on my private life.”

#12412 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,561 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 19:35

I think its credit to Alonso that he's managed to keep so much of his private life, well private. He's super professional with how he handles the press and this warning highlights that IMO. His examples of stories he's read about himself also highlight how the press twist things to juice up a story and it makes you wonder how many stories realted to other drivers as spun out of all reality. Fair play to Fred though, I bet the journalists asking the probing questions felt about an inch tall lol. :)

#12413 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:04

Yes, true. Although I must say that he always has been like that to the press when it involved his private life, so there's no change. The press knows it and he's not there to bond with them, no difference from other seasons. But in this case, he's indeed a bit annoyed about it. He has already completely ignored the media during a charity event in December. He has the tendency to discredit and ignore journos who spread false rumors. He's right, they have made a soap-opera out of his divorce with del Rosario, just like they did when they were married btw

He refused to answer a question about his split with Raquel, saying he doesn't talk about his private life. I've always admired him for not selling his private life to the press (like many do), but I have to say that in this case he should have just given them a small and sufficient answer. Being mysterious will only stimulate the paparazzi to hunt him down even more.

Last but not least, thank god that he dismissed all those stupid rumors that have been circulating around about him. They were indeed absurd.

Edited by Smile17, 12 January 2012 - 20:14.

#12414 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:28

what are you into, gossip magazines?
is press singular?

for goodness sake, grow up mate.

:eek: Alonso... is that you :p

I just meant to say that we read the worlds, but we don't know the tone or how it was said. :kiss:

#12415 itsademo

itsademo

• 404 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:33

Nope don't know, and I got hotwheels and minichamps, and all are cool. :)

just keep thinking
without thinking
we wont complain just point out....

#12416 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,561 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:48

One thing which is slightly negative about Alonso is he has grown that awful piece of stray chin hair under his bottom lip that he had all those years ago lol. I used to be a massive fan of Alonso around 2004 and grew the same piece of hair to go with my Mild Seven Renault polo shirt (in the days when I was sad enough to wear team clothing) and I was informed by my then girlfriend how ridiculous it was. I look a tool in the pics and Alonso pulls it off better but it shouldn't come back just yet IMO, unless of course its a lucky charm for the WDC?!

Just a bit of fun guys, its not real criticism :p :)

#12417 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 21:14

One thing which is slightly negative about Alonso is he has grown that awful piece of stray chin hair under his bottom lip that he had all those years ago lol. I used to be a massive fan of Alonso around 2004 and grew the same piece of hair to go with my Mild Seven Renault polo shirt (in the days when I was sad enough to wear team clothing) and I was informed by my then girlfriend how ridiculous it was. I look a tool in the pics and Alonso pulls it off better but it shouldn't come back just yet IMO, unless of course its a lucky charm for the WDC?!

Just a bit of fun guys, its not real criticism :p :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: I want that villain beard again,like last year.

#12418 lewymp4

lewymp4

• 520 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 21:41

It may have started before the breakup!

#12419 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 22:55

It may have started before the breakup!

No. That's unfair. Have you never not wanted to take a picture even though you're obligated to do so, smile then afterwards walk away without a smile on your face? People do it every day. I'm sure the gesture was probably for the photographer. LOL! :lol:

Advertisement

#12420 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 00:12

Well done Alonso!!!

I hope he continues to treat the impolite journos like that and worst.

Edited by fabr68, 13 January 2012 - 00:14.

#12421 lewymp4

lewymp4

• 520 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:21

No. That's unfair. Have you never not wanted to take a picture even though you're obligated to do so, smile then afterwards walk away without a smile on your face? People do it every day. I'm sure the gesture was probably for the photographer. LOL! :lol:

:up:

#12422 Manneken3000

Manneken3000

• 236 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:36

Because press are usually nice? Give me a break!
99% of the press are sharks.
and he's not Shumi.

#12423 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 570 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:00

Fred, If you don't want to be in the public spotlight, don't be in the public; ie be a Formula 1 driver.
That's the price you pay. It counter-balances the ENORMUS SALARY you get from doing something that every little boy in all of us wants to do when he grows up.
Now I will say that there are vultures in the media that just want to stir the $#it up and provoke powerfull and influencial people.And that's bad 'nkay. ):
It's human nature in it's worst form. We[humans] just wanna hear bad things that happen to the rich and wealthy set. It makes us feel that just because he's in F1 and at Ferrari he's no better than the rest of us.In other words, bad things even happen to the elite.
I'm NOT an Alonso fan [ Hungary '08 , Singapore'09] .But i RESPECT his driving ability.
Also not buying the Kubica interview either. They might be mates, but i almost guarantee that FA thinks that IF Robert ever comes back he won't be the same. Trying to make his buddy feel better after another setback. That's admirable.
Ok. I'm done hating. I just call it like I see it.
I'll put my bullet-proof vest and helmet on now and wait for reprisals.
ISOT

#12424 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:48

Fred, If you don't want to be in the public spotlight, don't be in the public; ie be a Formula 1 driver.
That's the price you pay. It counter-balances the ENORMUS SALARY you get from doing something that every little boy in all of us wants to do when he grows up.
Now I will say that there are vultures in the media that just want to stir the $#it up and provoke powerfull and influencial people.And that's bad 'nkay. ):
It's human nature in it's worst form. We[humans] just wanna hear bad things that happen to the rich and wealthy set. It makes us feel that just because he's in F1 and at Ferrari he's no better than the rest of us.In other words, bad things even happen to the elite.
I'm NOT an Alonso fan [ Hungary '08 , Singapore'09] .But i RESPECT his driving ability.
Also not buying the Kubica interview either. They might be mates, but i almost guarantee that FA thinks that IF Robert ever comes back he won't be the same. Trying to make his buddy feel better after another setback. That's admirable.
Ok. I'm done hating. I just call it like I see it.
I'll put my bullet-proof vest and helmet on now and wait for reprisals.
ISOT

No need for a bullet proof vest & helmet here, we're friendly here :wave: lol

Seriously, I don't believe Fernando likes the spotlight, but he deals with the press rather professionally. When it's time to talk about the car or the team or the season, etc he does and does so well. His personal life however is just that and I don't feel he's obligated to indulge the press with details of his personal life much less his divorce. He's a Formula One driver not a reality tv star therefore it's not his personal life in which he makes his living, it's driving race cars. Personal life = off limits.

As for the comments on Kubica, that's commendable. Whether absolutely true in Fernando's mind is neither here nor there, at the very least he's trying to cheer someone who's had it quite rough as of late in a good manner. Trying to provide positive reinforcement to Robert which is a very thoughtful thing to do. You can't blame or hate him for trying to compliment the guy.

Edited by CrucialXtreme, 13 January 2012 - 02:48.

#12425 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:09

Alonso, a team player

"I have always stood up for the team"

I see that the thing don't change here for some people, even with a new year, if he helps an old lady to cross the street, he is a bastard with double intentions, if he doesn't help, he is a bastard too anyway. Grow up or leave us alone.

#12426 xlr8

xlr8

• 717 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:35

Actions speak louder than words.
You don't need to say that Fernando, we all know that you always stood for your team. Maybe some people in one particular country don't like you but that's not the view of rest of the world.
And thank god Lewis or Vettel or Mr. personality don't drives for us. If Abu Dhabi fiasco would happen to any one of them then all hell would break lose.
We tifosi's promise you and felipe that both of you won't be lack any support in any grandstands in any part of the world.

#12427 HPT

HPT

• 1,159 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:11

Actions speak louder than words.
You don't need to say that Fernando, we all know that you always stood for your team. Maybe some people in one particular country don't like you but that's not the view of rest of the world.
And thank god Lewis or Vettel or Mr. personality don't drives for us. If Abu Dhabi fiasco would happen to any one of them then all hell would break lose.
We tifosi's promise you and felipe that both of you won't be lack any support in any grandstands in any part of the world.

I'm an Alonso fan but to be fair, he used to criticize his teams when he was with Renault and McLaren. He was younger and not as wise back then of course. He has matured into who he is today at Ferrari, and I'm truly glad about that.

By the way, I believe Hamilton didn't criticize McLaren one bit for Shanghai 2007. He's not THAT bad :)

#12428 krea

krea

• 710 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:57

his interviews last year were pretty anti-team too.

#12429 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:06

Hmmm, what? Don't remember, can you provide some examples...

#12430 apoka

apoka

• 3,503 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:32

Alonso claims he fears Kubica the most. Anymore media reporting this?

I wonder what this says about Heidfeld. Kubica is, according to Alonso, amongst the best F1 drivers and Heidfeld is not even close to a seat (unfortunately).

#12431 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,561 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:05

I see that the thing don't change here for some people, even with a new year, if he helps an old lady to cross the street, he is a bastard with double intentions, if he doesn't help, he is a bastard too anyway. Grow up or leave us alone.

Its pathetic but Alonso's not the only driver that gets this treatment we need to remember. :down:

#12432 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,561 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:11

I can't think of a time where Alonso has been 'anti team' recently especially since joining Ferrari. If a driver does admit/think the team got things wrong, its constructive criticism anyway, just like they admit when they make their own mistakes. I do hate this culture amongst fans where whenever a driver says 'we gambled and got it wrong' or 'the team got the strategy wrong' and the fans label that as being 'anti team' and accuse them of not being a team player. Talk about jumping in feet first and being too quick to judge. I remember Jenson last season said he was disappointed over his pitstop at Silverstone and said the team messed up. He also said they are a good bunch of guys and will be devastated over the mistake and will learn from it. He got criticism on here for that, and I thought the reaction was unjust and lacked any sense of reality.

#12433 abhi

abhi

• 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:04

Formula 1 reporters scold foul mannered Alonso at Ferrari Wrooom event.

http://www.f1sa.com/...c...&Itemid=157

#12434 xlr8

xlr8

• 717 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:23

Puigdemont, for instance, asked Alonso how it felt to hear Domenicali's words of praise earlier this week.

"I talk to my boss every day," Alonso fired back. "I do not need to come here to know what he thinks of me."

:lol:

Edited by xlr8, 13 January 2012 - 09:26.

#12435 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:23

I can't think of a time where Alonso has been 'anti team'

Because there is none, krea probably was being sarcastic, he even blamed himself for mistakes done by the pit crew in some races, Alonso since he joined Ferrari has been the perfect team player.

I can understand that Alonso is mad with the press, a lot of crap has been written about him but probably most of the people at wrooom are not to blame, because they cover motorsport not gossip, but they are to blame a little because they asked too many personal questions to him, and Philip Morris payed this small vacations to this journalist to inform about F1, not the drivers personal life. Also some of this media outlets that cover only sport informed about "the new girlfriend", something that it's not true, they just copy and pasted the gossip from the tabloids.

Anyway, back to F1.

Edited by kosmos, 13 January 2012 - 09:29.

#12436 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,561 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:47

I love how the article quotes a journalist from the Daily Mail lol. The Mail is one of Britains worst tabloids and I guarrantee they were not there to discuss issues relating to F1 and most probably wanted some dirt about his failed marriage. Its ******* publications like this that should be excluded from such events, not invited IMO. The Mail also regularly dish the dirt on Button and Hamilton when they see fit and often get f1 related stories hideously wrong. I would say this is abit of a none story, although if Alonso was a little miffed, I am sure he had his reasons.

#12437 as65p

as65p

• 17,218 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:15

I'd only care if the reason was really the car, as said at the end of the article. It would really s*ck if they were as far or even farther behind Red Bull than last year.

I rather hope he has indeed just slept badly... :p

#12438 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,738 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:23

I'd only care if the reason was really the car, as said at the end of the article. It would really s*ck if they were as far or even farther behind Red Bull than last year.

I rather hope he has indeed just slept badly... :p

More likely to be in a strop because of his divorce.

#12439 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:57

I love how the article quotes a journalist from the Daily Mail lol. The Mail is one of Britains worst tabloids and I guarrantee they were not there to discuss issues relating to F1 and most probably wanted some dirt about his failed marriage. Its ******* publications like this that should be excluded from such events, not invited IMO. The Mail also regularly dish the dirt on Button and Hamilton when they see fit and often get f1 related stories hideously wrong. I would say this is abit of a none story, although if Alonso was a little miffed, I am sure he had his reasons.

:up:

Advertisement

#12440 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,561 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:09

Its ******* publications like this that should be excluded from such events, not invited IMO. The Mail also regularly dish the dirt on Button and Hamilton when they see fit and often get f1 related stories hideously wrong. I would say this is abit of a none story, although if Alonso was a little miffed, I am sure he had his reasons.

Isn't it funny when swear words are allowed on here with the filter but words like s-c-u-m-b-a-g are not lol. Hardly an offensive word. :lol:
Sorry just noticed and its not a criticism of the site, just amusing. :)

Edited by tifosiMac, 13 January 2012 - 11:09.

#12441 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:34

Ferrari is very strict with the press, and very protective with their drivers, I doubt Daily Mail was invited.

By the way, if you guys understand spanish, here you can listen an exclusive interview with Fernando from yesterday.

http://vod.cope.es/a...48565173433.mp3

#12442 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:46

Alonso, a team player

"I have always stood up for the team"

Now I get it. He's a team player because he said so.

#12443 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:58

As a fan of Nelson Piquet Sr., who once said most journalists covering the sport were stupid and didn't know the first thing about it, I have to be consistent and give Fernado a pass here. It must be really tiresome to answer the same stupid questions over and over again.

#12444 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:00

AUDIO interview with Alonso

:up: speaking so good & kindly about Rober Kubica!

#12445 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:15

Posted Image

Edited by prty, 13 January 2012 - 12:16.

#12446 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:38

AUDIO interview with Alonso

:up: speaking so good & kindly about Rober Kubica!

Already posted and it's just two posts below yours, read before posting please :kiss:

#12447 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:46

Already posted and it's just two posts below yours, read before posting please :kiss:

;) sorry!

#12448 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:04

Transcript of the interview with Alonso

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdaimot_1/Tes

#12449 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:54

Alonso calls for Ferrari aggression in 2012!

#12450 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 14:43

Transcript of the interview with Alonso

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdaimot_1/Tes

This is different from the one below, thanks for the link. This is the interview where some journalist felt he was in a bad mood.

Who would you like to fight for the title?

Mike Tyson.

:rotfl: