Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#1201 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:56

La ignorancia es la noche de la muente pero una noche sin la luna y sin estrellas :)

What are trying to say here? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Advertisement

#1202 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:56

what the hell??? so alonso's lost points today because of what? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Because of bad luck with safety car. And he lost one place because he couldn't keep Kobayashi behind - no matter about tyres - I'm sure that focused Alonso would manage to overtake Buemi.

#1203 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:01

Because of bad luck with safety car. And he lost one place because he couldn't keep Kobayashi behind - no matter about tyres - I'm sure that focused Alonso would manage to overtake Buemi.

alonso was 100% and overtaking is impossible, neither fernando could nor massa nor button nor anybody but koba with a new set of supersoft, so please stop the bs about pressure blah blah blah, the fact fernando was talking about the incident on the radio doesn't mean he wasn't focused.

they can also drive 100% and make funny jokes, like vettel or fernando have already given to us lately

#1204 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:07

alonso was 100% and overtaking is impossible, neither fernando could nor massa nor button nor anybody but koba with a new set of supersoft, so please stop the bs about pressure blah blah blah, the fact fernando was talking about the incident on the radio doesn't mean he wasn't focused.

they can also drive 100% and make funny jokes, like vettel or fernando have already given to us lately

I rate Alonso too high to say that this was 100% from him :) If you watched F1 in 2006. you would know that when he is 'in the zone' he is very difficult to overtake. At least he should have kept his position in my opinion.

#1205 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:08

I rate Alonso too high to say that this was 100% from him :) If you watched F1 in 2006. you would know that when he is 'in the zone' he is very difficult to overtake. At least he should have kept his position in my opinion.

impossible to keep it with a +40 laps stint on the hard tyres against a new set of supersofts, impossible

#1206 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:12

impossible to keep it with a +40 laps stint on the hard tyres against a new set of supersofts, impossible

Especially if you were Said that the guys in Front would get penalised and so don't want to threaten points by hard defending against à Driver who is known for his Harakiri-actions!

#1207 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,438 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:13

Will Alonso be charged with Bringing the sport into disrepute by accusing the FIA of "manipulating" the race?

#1208 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:16

Will Alonso be charged with Bringing the sport into disrepute by accusing the FIA of "manipulating" the race?

pretty likely, I hope he gets discualified, this is the circus so nothing else can surprise me

#1209 meat

meat

• 691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:39

Without SC Alonso could have been second,maybe...But still
Alonso ****ed up. koba owned him, deal with it!
This was supposed to be imposible track to overtake. :rotfl: He should worrie less about Hammy and concentrate to his own driving.

Edited by meat, 27 June 2010 - 19:41.

#1210 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:50

This was supposed to be imposible track to overtake. :rotfl: He should worrie less about Hammy and concentrate to his own driving.

since he unfairly couldn't finish on the podium, I don't give a sh;t if he finished 8th 9th or dnfed, FIA has decided wdc contenders for 2010 and there's nothing else we can do, if I were ferrari and fernando I would seriously think again on the parallel championship or simply quit

#1211 meat

meat

• 691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 19:55

since he unfairly couldn't finish on the podium, I don't give a sh;t if he finished 8th 9th or dnfed, FIA has decided wdc contenders for 2010 and there's nothing else we can do, if I were ferrari and fernando I would seriously think again on the parallel championship or simply quit

: :rotfl: Alonso is that you...? :lol:

Edited by meat, 27 June 2010 - 19:55.

#1212 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:00

Ferrari sure will threaten to leave,but as usual have no balls to go through with their threat.Ferrari needs F1,but F1 necessarily doesnt need Ferrari anymore.Different times,different fans.

#1213 Flamini

Flamini

• 793 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:08

Ferrari sure will threaten to leave,but as usual have no balls to go through with their threat.Ferrari needs F1,but F1 necessarily doesnt need Ferrari anymore.Different times,different fans.

Not really, Ferrari is most popular team (significantly ahead of McLaren) and Alonso is second most popular driver.

(according to official FOTA survey).

#1214 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:15

A lot of growing up needed by some posters, Alonso and Ferrari got a bad break so what it is called bad luck not an FIA run X Files style conspiracy.

Of course it is just possible that Hamilton & McLaren calculated knew to the split second how long it would Bert Mylander to wind the Merc SC up full pelt, :stoned: :stoned:

Hamilton made a split second decision exactly the same type of decision (or indecision) we (that is those of us who are actually old enough to drive) all make every day when we approach a set of traffic lights that is starting to change.

As for the non-issue of how long it took for stewards to come to a decision, come on now they only took 20 minutes, the race was in its early stages if it had taken 10, 20 or 30 minutes it would have had no effect on the race results, they also had other SC period related issues to deal with.

Ferrari will have to get used to not having Ferrari International Assistance bend decisions in their favour, I am pretty sure the Race Stewards, the Stewards Adviser have been scrupulously fair this season and that the FIA under Jean Todt will continue on this course.

#1215 Shevek

Shevek

• 265 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:25

How was it unfair that Alonso wasn't in the podium? Had Hamilton obeyed the rules, Alonso would still be 7th at best (assuming Hamilton loses a position due to the change of nose and stays at 8th). Vettel, Button and Barrichello would have been be in the podium.

#1216 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,881 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:27

A lot of growing up needed by some posters, Alonso and Ferrari got a bad break so what it is called bad luck not an FIA run X Files style conspiracy.

Of course it is just possible that Hamilton & McLaren calculated knew to the split second how long it would Bert Mylander to wind the Merc SC up full pelt, :stoned: :stoned:

Hamilton made a split second decision exactly the same type of decision (or indecision) we (that is those of us who are actually old enough to drive) all make every day when we approach a set of traffic lights that is starting to change.

As for the non-issue of how long it took for stewards to come to a decision, come on now they only took 20 minutes, the race was in its early stages if it had taken 10, 20 or 30 minutes it would have had no effect on the race results, they also had other SC period related issues to deal with.

Ferrari will have to get used to not having Ferrari International Assistance bend decisions in their favour, I am pretty sure the Race Stewards, the Stewards Adviser have been scrupulously fair this season and that the FIA under Jean Todt will continue on this course.

You talk about growing up and then you mention Ferrari International Assistance... Spoilt an otherwise readable post.

#1217 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:35

Tell you what; If I felt that the sport is so baddly manipulated and beyond any hope, like you and most Alonso fans do, I would stop following I also would stop posting in here. Why don't you guys do just like that ? Are you masochists ?

#1218 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:38

How was it unfair that Alonso wasn't in the podium? Had Hamilton obeyed the rules, Alonso would still be 7th at best (assuming Hamilton loses a position due to the change of nose and stays at 8th). Vettel, Button and Barrichello would have been be in the podium.

no, sc should have let both ferrari drivers pass through to reestablish race order, the sc just chopped on the wrong guys

#1219 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,074 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:41

This is not an argument. It rather smacks of a punt of sweeping the issue under the carpet.

It was obvious to Ferrari immediately, and would have been immediately obvious from the lap chart data as well. And whilst race control has other SC issues to deal with, the stewards certainly don't.

If it had taken, say, 10 minutes instead of 20 then Hamilton would have dropped well back into the pack, so the time period is hardly something that would have had "no effect".

I do think there is a case for closing the pit lane during SC periods except for essential repairs. It's not as if anyone is going to run out of fuel any more.

Advertisement

#1220 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 20:48

so alonso managed the imposible by overtaking hulkenberg?

#1221 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 21:39

so alonso managed the imposible by overtaking hulkenberg?

Good point.

Fresh softs vs old hard tyres... not only Koba was a lot faster in his first laps, but he also had a lot more traction to break later....

#1222 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,252 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 21:51

Please will posters stop trolling and will they also cut out the personal attacks.

#1223 baddog

baddog

• 23,300 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:24

Regardless of the fact he had good reason to feel aggrieved, his behaviour on the radio was bizarre and unprofessional, and having his engineer need to try to calm him down and get him to focus on the actual race he was in at that point is really unnacceptable in a driver of his experience.

#1224 dogbreath

dogbreath

• 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:30

unacceptable behaviour by alonso asking about hamilton during the race. he needs to stay focused on the task at hand and let this driver who he obviously feels insecure about out of his memory. alonso is a great driver dont get me wrong but he acted a little silly today. stay focused!

#1225 dogbreath

dogbreath

• 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:32

a post which is full of:

lies
speculation
rumours
and bad language

grow up please and stop making things up....

#1226 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:35

Fernando told his team via radio to insist Charlie about the SC overtake.
maybe thinking it could remain unpunished?
not that it matters much, since it was virtually unpunished anyway.

i think race direction screw it big time, once more.
Lewis very clearly braked trying to get the Ferraris stuck behind the safety car, overtaking it just at the line, but he missed. Unsporty, again. How can someone defend this behavior???. Also lied at the press conference, again (not that it matters either, just another indicator)
in the end he got away with it, again.
both very classy

i am very angry about these events.
and then forumers denying this bad behavior and also us fans even the right of complaining!
raped by a train and they expect us to smile? gimme a break

#1227 dogbreath

dogbreath

• 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:37

Fernando told his team via radio to insist Charlie about the SC overtake.
maybe thinking it could remain unpunished?
not that it matters much, since it was virtually unpunished anyway.

i think race direction screw it big time, once more.
Lewis very clearly braked trying to get the Ferraris stuck behind the safety car, overtaking it just at the line, but he missed. Unsporty, again. How can someone defend this behavior???. Also lied at the press conference, again (not that it matters either, just another indicator)
in the end he got away with it, again.
both very classy

i am very angry about these events.
and then forumers denying this bad behavior and also us fans even the right of complaining!
raped by a train and they expect us to smile? gimme a break

how do you know the braking wasnt indecision about not knowing the rules or deliberatley trying to slow Alonso?

where do you get your info from?

#1228 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:39

unacceptable behaviour by alonso asking about hamilton during the race. he needs to stay focused on the task at hand and let this driver who he obviously feels insecure about out of his memory. alonso is a great driver dont get me wrong but he acted a little silly today. stay focused!

he was focused, asking about what happened to the guy who broke the rules, took about 30 sec. of a 1h 30 min race, so that isnt a proval that he was not focused.
talking with the team is normal!

#1229 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist

• 13,672 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:41

It was obvious to Ferrari immediately, and would have been immediately obvious from the lap chart data as well. And whilst race control has other SC issues to deal with, the stewards certainly don't.

The lap chart wouldn't show anything, it was a far more complicated situation than that. There was a window in which it was perfectly legal for Lewis to pass the Safety Car, however he hesitated and missed the window by a couple of metres.

#1230 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:59

The lap chart wouldn't show anything, it was a far more complicated situation than that. There was a window in which it was perfectly legal for Lewis to pass the Safety Car, however he hesitated and missed the window by a couple of metres.

maybe because he tried to screw alonso (actually it worked)

#1231 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 23:04

I think Alonso fans can calm down because he's well within striking distance of the WDC title. It may be a taller order now but it is certainly possible to win it still this year. Look, only one race can change the order 'dramatically'. He's 29 points from the lead when a win would give him 25 points. Last year a win gave them 10 points - would you have panicked if Fernando was within 10-15 points of the lead.

#1232 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 23:12

I think Alonso fans can calm down because he's well within striking distance of the WDC title. It may be a taller order now but it is certainly possible to win it still this year. Look, only one race can change the order 'dramatically'. He's 29 points from the lead when a win would give him 25 points. Last year a win gave them 10 points - would you have panicked if Fernando was within 10-15 points of the lead.

nobody is in panic, but the truth is that the stewards costed alonso in the last two races at least 21-24 points!

#1233 buffbuff

buffbuff

• 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:05

i think it is more the other way round, as often as lewis is trying to screw alonso!

and about the australian team radio of alonso "I dont want to know" he was concetrating on defending his position with outworn tyres against lewis with fresh tyres, and actually he proved that he can do that, so it has nothing to do, with lewis being into his mind. it is more of although lewis is trying that, alonso is still on top (if others dont intervene!)

I heard that a Spanish reporter asked both Lewis and Alonso if they would be happy driving with each other as teammates. Lewis said yes but Alonso said no. Lewis also told the BBC that he would love to race against everybody in the same car as beating them would be even sweeter.

To me that implies Alonso is more scared of Lewis than Lewis is of Alonso.

#1234 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:08

alonso said that he would not have any problem driving against lewis in an other team than mclaren, no sign of fear!

#1235 buffbuff

buffbuff

• 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:10

alonso said that he would not have any problem driving against lewis in an other team than mclaren, no sign of fear!

Well that is not what was reported here. They said that Alonso said no which would imply loads of fear.

#1236 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:12

Well that is not what was reported here. They said that Alonso said no which would imply loads of fear.

selective quoting, typical for the british press!

#1237 buffbuff

buffbuff

• 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:39

selective quoting, typical for the british press!

http://f1complete.co...17409?task=view

#1238 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:50

As i said selective quoting!
Normally there should be the whole interview with the right questions and answers! Typical for dubious press

#1239 robefc

robefc

• 8,016 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:55

this is interesting and I'm glad you brought it up.

I heard this on the bbc and was surprised at alonso's answer.

So please tell us what the whole interview said because, 'no' to whether you'd want to drive in the same team as lewis and what you have written above don't seem to tally?

Advertisement

#1240 buffbuff

buffbuff

• 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 00:56

As i said selective quoting!
Normally there should be the whole interview with the right questions and answers! Typical for dubious press

Can you give me a link of the full interview if you can, but please in english if possible.

#1241 SB

SB

• 1,787 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:18

From the same infamous 2008 Singapore GP, Rosberg "stolen" a 2nd place finished by pitted during the "pit-closed" period. He served a penaity but maintained his track position since Trulli (?) didnt pit and slowed all the traffic behind just like this race.

Did Alonso, the race 'winner', complained the behavour of Rosberg and claimed that was a 'scandal' and 'cheating' ?
Did Hamilton, who lost track positions as he pitted only after "pit opened", shouted loud in his radio to complain the behavour of Rosberg and claimed that was a 'scandal' and 'cheating' ?

#1242 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:32

He damn well should avoid him. Last time he was a rookie and couldn't handle him; what chance would he have now.

Hamilton is in Alonso's dreams. That boy is totally mind-f'ed by Hamilton. Alonso seems to be a very fragile minded person.

#1243 HPT

HPT

• 1,156 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:43

I think Alonso has a weakness. He is obsessed with Hamilton. In what way did Lewis passing a safety car ruin his race? Can someone please explain that to me? If Lewis had not passed the car he would still have finished one position ahead of Alonso probably eighth. So how does that affect his race really?

If Hamilton obeyed the rules, he would have pitted together with Alonso. Hamilton got his nose changed during the pitstop, so he would have came out behind Alonso. As Alonso sees Hamilton as one of the - if not THE - main rivals for the title, he was obviously frustrated that Hamilton got away with it.

By the way, check Massa's post-race comments. He is also very unhappy about the Hamilton incident and commented on it. So he is obsessed with Hamilton as well?

#1244 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,900 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:06

just one word: Singapore

(sure FA didn't know)

just one word: sad.

Will we always here "Singapore" whenever any other "manipulation" happens?
Quite boring, isn´t it?

#1245 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:22

Why people don't get that Fernando is not complaining about Lewis, he is complaining about the way the penalty was handle (too late, zero punishment). Lewis did wrong and he got a fair penalty, there is nothing wrong about it. The only thing Alonso did wrong is the "manipulated" comment, that's is plain sad, and is not the first time, next time he should stay in the motorhome till he can think clearly.

Anyway, is time to react, he need 2-3 victories or the WDC chances are gone.

#1246 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:23

Why wouldn't we? That race was the same as a boxer throwing a match.

Cheat - Fraud - Manipulation - Con - Shaft - Corrupt... call it what you want - theres no way to put a pretty face on that stinking pig.

#1247 redevil

redevil

• 222 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:29

I heard that a Spanish reporter asked both Lewis and Alonso if they would be happy driving with each other as teammates. Lewis said yes but Alonso said no. Lewis also told the BBC that he would love to race against everybody in the same car as beating them would be even sweeter.

And scared of what, if I may ask? To be run over?

#1248 redevil

redevil

• 222 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:30

Wonderful. Now the soap opera begins :eek:

#1249 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,615 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:33

just one word: sad.

Quite boring, isn´t it?

Because this wasn't manipulation - it was bad managament and bad stewarding. This is part of the sport and sometimes you are on the losing side of it. Hamilton was on losing side of it more often than not in 2008., this year he is on the winning side more often than not. And I understand Alonso frustration, but in the end - its only frustration with his bad luck in this race which he vents at Hamilton. Why shouldn't he vent it at Vettel? I mean, he's the only real winner of the whole situation.

Edited by velgajski1, 28 June 2010 - 05:35.

#1250 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:42

http://www.fernandoa..._270610_E_1.WMA

Spanish interview sadly, I hope someone with the right skills can do a summary because he is not whining at all.