Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#12901 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:11

Yeah, he's off in search of a faster car i reckon. And that sandwich!

Just seen him at the Barca game,on the tely of course.And btw isn't FA a Madrid fan?

Edited by fieraku, 03 March 2012 - 19:29.

Advertisement

#12902 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:29

Posted Image

Alonso this afternoon in Camp Nou ( Barça-Sporting)

#12903 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:55

Just seen him at the Barca game,on the tely of course.And btw isn't FA a Madrid fan?

Yeah i believe he is.

#12904 showtime

showtime

• 2,582 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 20:15

But he's also from Oviedo and the main rival of the local team is Sporting de Gijon so I guess today must be one of the few games he will be supporting Barça :lol:

#12905 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,866 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:05

He and Massimo Rivola seem to have a good relation.

You are right, epic fail by me :drunk:

#12906 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 15:34

:up: 100 laps done in Montmelo!

#12907 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:57

Nice motion shot of Fernando today

Posted Image

Original High Res
http://bit.ly/x1C7NF

#12908 W03

W03

• 197 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:48

Looks like another season for Alonso struggling in incompetent machinery. Will be 4 out of the last 5 years.

#12909 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,382 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:38

Looks like another season for Alonso struggling in incompetent machinery. Will be 4 out of the last 5 years.

It is a bit sad that a guy who is really in the prime of his career keeps getting not rubbish rides, but certainly not of the same quality as when he was in his ascendancy.

The only truly upwardly competitive move he had was from Renault to McLaren. The move back sent him down the grid, the move to Ferrari involved a brief reprive before seemingly sending him further back again...

I do think he'll add to his 27 wins this year, but probably no more than 1 or 2, similar to last year.

#12910 cordell777

cordell777

• 744 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:15

It is a bit sad that a guy who is really in the prime of his career keeps getting not rubbish rides, but certainly not of the same quality as when he was in his ascendancy.

It's called - karma.

#12911 rr0cket

rr0cket

• 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:29

It's called - karma.

Karma for what? He's in a top team, he's in good form, unluckily for him the team hasn't been doing quite as well.

#12912 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:45

Karma for what?

Making him cry when they sacked Raikkonen to get Alonso :|

#12913 topical

topical

• 2,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:58

The only truly upwardly competitive move he had was from Renault to McLaren. The move back sent him down the grid, the move to Ferrari involved a brief reprive before seemingly sending him further back again...

I do think he'll add to his 27 wins this year, but probably no more than 1 or 2, similar to last year.

He should never have left McLaren. Biggest mistake of his career. However I'm optimistic that he and Ferrari will get it right eventually, but it needs to be soon.

#12914 Oho

Oho

• 7,256 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:56

He should never have left McLaren. Biggest mistake of his career. However I'm optimistic that he and Ferrari will get it right eventually, but it needs to be soon.

You think it was up to him?

I am inclined to believe he was effectively given, or would have been given, the boot as Mercedes board was somewhat less than thrilled with him. It also seems likely McLaren and Mercedes had some real shit on Alonso, thus, no, at least no public, financial repercussions for terminating his contract.

Edited by Oho, 05 March 2012 - 09:56.

#12915 Kimiraikkonen

Kimiraikkonen

• 2,223 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:02

What is doing Alonso in Ferrari? I don´t know.... :cry:

#12916 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:08

I am inclined to believe he was effectively given, or would have been given, the boot as Mercedes board was somewhat less than thrilled with him.

Yeah you could see he was so eager to stay in McLaren.

#12917 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:09

No need to start crying.
The season is not over.
to be correct: The season hasnt started yet.

And even if Ferrari wont be up there fighting for podiums, we will even than see Alonso doing Magic with this car and puting it on places where no one would expect it of him.

I still believe that Alonso is in the right team. Just this team has right now not the right people (maybe) working there to be the best under these regulations.

#12918 Kimiraikkonen

Kimiraikkonen

• 2,223 posts

Agreed :up:

#12919 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

surely not, no one likes to stay in a criminal milieu.

Advertisement

#12920 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:11

:stoned:
are you okay topical?
normally you sound more sophisticated.

Dont get to emotional just over some media reports.
Alonsos mistake was not leaving Mclaren. it was going to Mclaren and not earlier to Ferrari.;)

Edited by YellowHelmet, 05 March 2012 - 10:11.

#12921 xlr8

xlr8

• 717 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:14

Why? Because they win titles every year? :rotfl:

#12922 Oho

Oho

• 7,256 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:42

Whether he was or not is immaterial as odds are it was not up to him.

#12923 as65p

as65p

• 16,623 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:45

Whether he was or not is immaterial as odds are it was not up to him.

Whose odds?

#12924 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:46

Leaving McLaren/Denis was the BEST he ever made...... :smoking:

#12925 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:43

Gary Anderson about Alonso:

It's not as if they can blame the drivers either. In Alonso, they have an all-time great, a gold standard who will push the car to its absolute limit on every single lap of every single race. Many consider his season in 2011 to have been better than his title-winning years with Renault in 2005-06, considering the equipment at his disposal.

This, team boss Stefano Domenicali has admitted to BBC Sport, was the point of signing the Spaniard on a lucrative contract that commits him to the team until the end of 2016. It puts pressure on the team to deliver.

Of course, all this may turn out to be an illusion. Perhaps Alonso will be a contender for victory in Melbourne, and throughout the year. But let's assume for a moment he isn't.

#12926 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:48

Gary Anderson about Alonso:

It's not as if they can blame the drivers either. In Alonso, they have an all-time great, a gold standard who will push the car to its absolute limit on every single lap of every single race. Many consider his season in 2011 to have been better than his title-winning years with Renault in 2005-06, considering the equipment at his disposal.

This, team boss Stefano Domenicali has admitted to BBC Sport, was the point of signing the Spaniard on a lucrative contract that commits him to the team until the end of 2016. It puts pressure on the team to deliver.

Of course, all this may turn out to be an illusion. Perhaps Alonso will be a contender for victory in Melbourne, and throughout the year. But let's assume for a moment he isn't.

Dont know Gary Anderson very much and how he normally writes, but the bolded part is a very good observation.
2011 was a beauty, which i still enjoy.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 05 March 2012 - 11:49.

#12927 Showty

Showty

• 1,257 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:57

Fernando is in the right place.

Obviously we all want Ferrari to produce a better car, i´m confident they will.

#12928 MaranelloSnowStorm

MaranelloSnowStorm

• 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:39

Raquel said on her twitter, Fernando has a prettier tattoo than Kimi on his neck? :love:

#12929 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:40

Raquel said on her twitter, Fernando has a prettier tattoo than Kimi on his neck? :love:

she would say that though :lol:

#12930 topical

topical

• 2,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:34

I am inclined to believe he was effectively given, or would have been given, the boot as Mercedes board was somewhat less than thrilled with him. It also seems likely McLaren and Mercedes had some real shit on Alonso, thus, no, at least no public, financial repercussions for terminating his contract.

My understanding is that both were happy for it to end after things got so bad. Anyway, I'm not really talking about the actual termination of the contract, but the way that whole season developed. Yes I know Ron Dennis played a big part in it, and I don't want to rehash all the arguments again, but Alonso should have handled the situation much better than he did. If he had done, the situation could have been salvaged.

#12931 topical

topical

• 2,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:37

:stoned:
are you okay topical?
normally you sound more sophisticated.

Dont get to emotional just over some media reports.
Alonsos mistake was not leaving Mclaren. it was going to Mclaren and not earlier to Ferrari.;)

I am depressed about the media reports, and the words coming from Ferrari themselves. I can't stand another season of getting the odd podium and maybe one or two wins if very lucky. I want to Alonso up there with a car worthy of his talent.

#12932 slmk

slmk

• 3,880 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:40

Had Alonso behaved like a grown man, he would have beaten LH to become the first straight 4x WDC ever.

#12933 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:30

That's a bit rich.

#12934 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:43

So this kind of info here? Riveting stuff.

#12935 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:44

Alonso pitstop

#12936 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 298 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:38

Had Alonso behaved like a grown man, he would have beaten LH to become the first straight 4x WDC ever.

Like Hamilton behaved like a grown man last season?. :lol:

"Maybe its because I'm black."

#12937 tommyhjortasen

tommyhjortasen

• 587 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:44

Even if it isn´t their fault (here will someone argue) both Alonso and Lewis the last years have been on a downward slope.

This year are very very important for both mens.

#12938 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:51

Fernando approved Domenicali’s words: “Above all I want to thank you all for the work you’ve done. These were some very intense months and weeks and I know that you’re giving it your all, that you’re working 24/7 on the track and here at the Works to provide me and Felipe with a strong car. The new single-seater has some characteristics, which are difficult to understand and maybe we’re not where we want to be yet. But we’ve all live through many Formula 1 seasons and we all know very well that until we’re not in Australia we don’t really know where we stand regarding to the others. There’s lots of talk and many ideas, but nobody knows the truth. For example yesterday Red Bull, considered by many to be the front-runner, had only a few laps and the last time on the sheet: if something similar had happened to us, hell would have broken loose, but here nobody really noticed it. More than ever we have to give it our all to improve, from the one who’s responsible for the rear-view mirror to the one who’s responsible for the piston. We’re united and we’re giving it our all, because we all want the same. I just want to remind you of an episode two years ago: at the last test in Barcelona we were fifth behind Red Bull, McLaren, Sauber and Force India and two weeks later we gained a one-two win in Bahrain. What counts is not to be first in the first race, but in November, at the end of the Championship….”

Web

#12939 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:52

Are you suggesting that Prost is gay?

Advertisement

#12940 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:00

:lol:

#12941 rijole1

rijole1

• 625 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:03

:rotfl:

#12942 motorhead

motorhead

• 792 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:06

Priceless :rotfl:

#12943 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:11

:lol: Love it.

#12944 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 1,105 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:22

LOL

#12945 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:31

Fernando approved Domenicali’s words: “Above all I want to thank you all for the work you’ve done. These were some very intense months and weeks and I know that you’re giving it your all, that you’re working 24/7 on the track and here at the Works to provide me and Felipe with a strong car. The new single-seater has some characteristics, which are difficult to understand and maybe we’re not where we want to be yet. But we’ve all live through many Formula 1 seasons and we all know very well that until we’re not in Australia we don’t really know where we stand regarding to the others. There’s lots of talk and many ideas, but nobody knows the truth. For example yesterday Red Bull, considered by many to be the front-runner, had only a few laps and the last time on the sheet: if something similar had happened to us, hell would have broken loose, but here nobody really noticed it. More than ever we have to give it our all to improve, from the one who’s responsible for the rear-view mirror to the one who’s responsible for the piston. We’re united and we’re giving it our all, because we all want the same. I just want to remind you of an episode two years ago: at the last test in Barcelona we were fifth behind Red Bull, McLaren, Sauber and Force India and two weeks later we gained a one-two win in Bahrain. What counts is not to be first in the first race, but in November, at the end of the Championship….”

Web

Words of a Great One. :up:

thx puxa for it ;)

#12946 ashnathan

ashnathan

• 5,018 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:43

Alonso was at the forefront of it...you know he could have said 'stop this is wrong' but he didn't, he shares the equal blame along with the rest of the people involved and if you can't grasp that then there's something a miss with the stars tonight!

#12947 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:13

Alonso was at the forefront of it

no, he was coned into it per De la Rosa, and had the guts to leave this milieu, although this milieu was about to win the WDC 2008.
Great character :up:

#12948 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:24

:rotfl: :up:

#12949 ashnathan

ashnathan

• 5,018 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:27

no, he was coned into it per De la Rosa, and had the guts to leave this milieu, although this milieu was about to win the WDC 2008.
Great character :up:

Oh he was conned into it was he? and He left it did he? So he didn't only 'blow the whistle' when it suited him after an apparent block in qualifying of the very rookie teammate that he couldn't beat on equal terms? And before you say anything, I wanted Alonso to beat Lewis in 07, he was my preferred driver at McLaren and I wanted him to win, but he couldn't do it on his terms or without team orders and he spat the dummy, dobbed everyone in, and now your telling me that a grown man was 'conned' into it MONTHS before it was uncovered, and didn't have the balls to tell the FIA right away until it was convenient to BLACKMAIL his very team? jee wizz, these stars tonight eh?

#12950 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:31

Oh he was conned into it was he? and He left it did he? So he didn't only 'blow the whistle' when it suited him after an apparent block in qualifying of the very rookie teammate that he couldn't beat on equal terms? And before you say anything, I wanted Alonso to beat Lewis in 07, he was my preferred driver at McLaren and I wanted him to win, but he couldn't do it on his terms or without team orders and he spat the dummy, dobbed everyone in, and now your telling me that a grown man was 'conned' into it MONTHS before it was uncovered, and didn't have the balls to tell the FIA right away until it was convenient to BLACKMAIL his very team? jee wizz, these stars tonight eh?

there is a thread for this, and it was discussed enough. :eek:
but no: he did not.
and there was no blackmail:
but also this belongs in an other thread. :eek:
and about his teammate:
although being mistreated in the team he beated ham: 10:7 in races!
but also for this there is an other thread. :eek:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 06 March 2012 - 11:32.