Posted 12 March 2012 - 15:03

I was in at around the 4,000 mark ;p

Advertisement

#13102 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 15:07

I was in at around the 4,000 mark ;p

Not going to say which number I was for fear of being perceived a stalker... :lol: :lol:

No I wasn't number one. Top 20. I'm just glad he's on twitter. No to get him past 1,000,000 like Rafa :up:

#13103 crespo

crespo

• 470 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 15:18

Not going to say which number I was for fear of being perceived a stalker... :lol: :lol:

No I wasn't number one. Top 20. I'm just glad he's on twitter. No to get him past 1,000,000 like Rafa :up:

Hah, nice. Considering I wasn't even on Twitter before that, I think I did alright :smoking:

#13104 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 16:51

It's called divorce.Who cares anyway,it's not like he got it on his face.

You don't seem very informed do you? Anyway that was a looong time ago, it's not like he got divorced a few months ago. He's had that tattoo before he got divorced by the way, this is just a little bit of it. Last but not least, he and Raquel are rumored to be back together..

#13105 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 18:08

You don't seem very informed do you? Anyway that was a looong time ago, it's not like he got divorced a few months ago. He's had that tattoo before he got divorced by the way, this is just a little bit of it. Last but not least, he and Raquel are rumored to be back together..

Yes I heard that too.
If I had to guess, I would guess that russian blonde made Fernando realise how good Raquel was.

#13106 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,888 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 18:51

Yes I heard that too.
If I had to guess, I would guess that russian blonde made Fernando realise how good Raquel was.

I don't think the blonde has anything to do with anything. About twitter, there is a long way to go to beat Rubens twitter :lol:

#13107 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 18:57

About twitter, there is a long way to go to beat Rubens twitter :lol:

How many times is Rubens in twitter and how many fernando? :cat:

#13108 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,616 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:08

How many times is Rubens in twitter and how many fernando? :cat:

ALO has ~85000 followers at this point in time. BAR has... 1.49 million.

#13109 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:14

ALO has ~85000 followers at this point in time. BAR has... 1.49 million.

Just out of interest, when did BAR sign up to twitter, and when did FA?

#13110 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,616 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:19

Just out of interest, when did BAR sign up to twitter, and when did FA?

I know there's a massive difference in time between the two, it's just the current numbers at the moment. I was actually wondering how long it would take for Alonso's account to crack 1 million followers.

#13111 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:21

It's called divorce.Who cares anyway,it's not like he got it on his face.

I'm not really fussed: just saying it isn't something I expected him to do though.

#13112 Tifosi4ever

Tifosi4ever

• 786 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:28

I know there's a massive difference in time between the two, it's just the current numbers at the moment. I was actually wondering how long it would take for Alonso's account to crack 1 million followers.

Obviously, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I just really wanted to know how long BAR has been a tweeter. I am not a social networking sort of guy, so wondered how long it took BAR to get so many followers.

#13113 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,341 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:39

Button and Hamilton still haven't cracked a million, and Button was one of the first to join after Barrichello. All the Brazilian drivers seem to have more followers than you would expect, I think Twitter is even bigger there than it is in a lot of other countries?

EDIT: Tifosi4ever, Barrichello has been on it since earlyish in 2009. I think there's a way to find out the exact month but I don't know how!

Edited by KateLM, 12 March 2012 - 19:42.

#13114 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 23:38

102,567 followers. :up:

#13115 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 23:59

lol Why Alonso follows the twitter of a guy named "Hannibal Lecter"? :rofl:

#13116 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 00:04

I noticed he was following the London Symphony Orchestra and La Musica Clasica. I wouldn't have had him down as a fan of classical music! He's not following Lewis lol!

#13117 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:27

I noticed he was following the London Symphony Orchestra and La Musica Clasica. I wouldn't have had him down as a fan of classical music! He's not following Lewis lol!

:rotfl: :up:

#13118 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:44

He doesn't follow drivers, drivers follow him :smoking:

#13119 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:44

He doesn't follow drivers, drivers follow him :smoking:

In Soviet Russia...

Advertisement

#13120 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:06

lol Why Alonso follows the twitter of a guy named "Hannibal Lecter"? :rofl:

Haha, you don't know?  ;)

#13121 F1EC

F1EC

• 857 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:27

Interesting blog & comments (not sure if has been posted before)

#13122 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:39

Far from interesting, another biased opinion that pretends to know what happen in 2007 among other things, also, you can writte a similar article for most of the champions on the grid.

#13123 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:44

Oh I love this drama, pure entertainment. Keep it coming :rotfl:

#13124 xlr8

xlr8

• 717 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:54

There is nothing interesting in it. A blog filled with some extremely obtuse comments and blinkered cherry picking of the facts. The blogger of this article seriously hates Alonso, and as a reult He\She twisting reality to make it fit His\Her agenda.

#13125 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:25

The twitter account is going to be a gold mine for this thread.

From todays trainning.

Posted Image

He is writting in Italian too.

#13126 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:28

First blog entry on the blog for this season.

http://www.ferrari.c...-to-racing.aspx

#13127 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,887 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 20:19

haha, did you guys see his vid on twitter? he seems to be really happy with the team, even though the winning isn't there yet.
i like this good team spirit, just like Schumi, and it makes me lol at the where should alonso go thread.

EDIT: Here what is the gesture, i wonder?

Edited by SCUDmissile, 13 March 2012 - 20:24.

#13128 showtime

showtime

• 2,583 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 23:57

haha, did you guys see his vid on twitter? he seems to be really happy with the team, even though the winning isn't there yet.
i like this good team spirit, just like Schumi, and it makes me lol at the where should alonso go thread.

Well, they're are indeed his team, both Luis and Fabrizio had been with them since Reanult years. The gesture is just a pretty common joke when posing for a photo or video, nothing special.

Edited by showtime, 13 March 2012 - 23:57.

#13129 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 00:00

The twitter account is going to be a gold mine for this thread.

From todays trainning.

Posted Image

He is writting in Italian too.

Indeed. Fernando is training hard too! 13 miles, 2 hours of tennis & an hour in the gym... That's working out. Love his dedication, his determination. Let's hope the car is good enough for him to do something with it. :up:

#13130 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 00:18

I love when someone puts so much effort into writting something bad about someone else, means that someone else must be really good.

#13131 marina

marina

• 58 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:51

http://www.sportune....ur-2011-2-54281

is that true?

#13132 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:29

A few glaring omissions, like him complaining with the team about Fsichella not letting him by at indy and some other stuff, but otherwise a good place to remind everybody of how alonso really is.

?

#13133 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:15

Sums up my feelings too ... Was nt very keen on his antics but do consider him as one of the All Time Greats.
The examples on the blog merely provide the reasons as to why people who have problems with his moral compass - have those problems in the first place!

Although I m not a fan of an online berarting of a celeb because the other side has no way to rebutt the allegation (ala a forum) - this article does a good enough job to appear balanced.
So - yes its interesting even though opiniated.

#13134 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 19,785 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 13:10

Before we go down this road, this thread is for discussing Alonso, not Kimi/Massa, Alonso/Massa or any other such combination.

#13135 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 13:43

Sums up my feelings too ... Was nt very keen on his antics but do consider him as one of the All Time Greats.
The examples on the blog merely provide the reasons as to why people who have problems with his moral compass - have those problems in the first place!

Although I m not a fan of an online berarting of a celeb because the other side has no way to rebutt the allegation (ala a forum) - this article does a good enough job to appear balanced.
So - yes its interesting even though opiniated.

et’s set one thing straight before we get going, though. Fernando Alonso is one of the best drivers in the world. There is no doubt about that. Before Vettel went Super Saiyan over the winter of 2010-11 and totally obliterated the most talented grid of all time last season, I agreed with many observers that Alonso was undisputedly the best driver in the sport.

Is this balanced for you? I mean what a piece of crap that RBR was, but he made the difference.
With "the most talented grid of all time" the guy is sure that Vettel is the best in the bussines. Well that's balanced... :lol:

The guy has something with Alonso, it is not the only one, but being unable to bash his talents, he did it with some Alonso antics. If he is so balanced he can pull out this kind of articles about Vettel, Hamilton, Button and all other great drivers... He chose Alonso because he deslike him. Very balanced.

#13136 MaranelloSnowStorm

MaranelloSnowStorm

• 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 14:12

the blogger needs to see a doctor. :rotfl:

Avanti Fer! :love:

#13137 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 14:39

et’s set one thing straight before we get going, though. Fernando Alonso is one of the best drivers in the world. There is no doubt about that. Before Vettel went Super Saiyan over the winter of 2010-11 and totally obliterated the most talented grid of all time last season, I agreed with many observers that Alonso was undisputedly the best driver in the sport.

Is this balanced for you? I mean what a piece of crap that RBR was, but he made the difference.
With "the most talented grid of all time" the guy is sure that Vettel is the best in the bussines. Well that's balanced... :lol:

The guy has something with Alonso, it is not the only one, but being unable to bash his talents, he did it with some Alonso antics. If he is so balanced he can pull out this kind of articles about Vettel, Hamilton, Button and all other great drivers... He chose Alonso because he deslike him. Very balanced.

The blogger is deluded,I want my 5mins back ):

#13138 Les

Les

• 2,054 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 22:05

Looking at his Twitter page, I hope his rivals are training as hard!

#13139 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,389 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 22:18

Haha love the vid, yeah he said he felt a real positive atmosphere in the team :D

Advertisement

#13140 Lights

Lights

• 8,879 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 22:58

I never really cared for Alonso until he moved back to Renault in 2008. The only 'regrettable' things he did since then were apparently moments of belief that he 'deserved' to be ahead of a driver he wasn't. I admire the calm Alonso off the track but under that helmet I don't think he's that similar. Leading to moments like described in that blog.

#13141 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 23:14

Haha love the vid, yeah he said he felt a real positive atmosphere in the team :D

132,103 followers!! He's moving up. :D

And training hard too. Little over 24hrs to FP1 my friend. :up:

#13142 as65p

as65p

• 16,627 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 23:27

I never really cared for Alonso until he moved back to Renault in 2008. The only 'regrettable' things he did since then were apparently moments of belief that he 'deserved' to be ahead of a driver he wasn't. I admire the calm Alonso off the track but under that helmet I don't think he's that similar. Leading to moments like described in that blog.

I think I know what you adhere to, but I reckon that perception is heavily influenced by how / what we sometimes hear from his radio during races. If you only look at the actual driving (the only thing that ultimately matters), whatever frustrations and emotions he might feel hardly lead to any driving mistakes or incidents.

#13143 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 00:07

132,103 followers!! He's moving up. :D

And training hard too. Little over 24hrs to FP1 my friend. :up:

Oh yes I'm going to stay up for both sessions as I have no work commitments on Friday :smoking:

#13144 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 00:30

Oh yes I'm going to stay up for both sessions as I have no work commitments on Friday :smoking:

Nice! :up: I have my entire weekend worked around FP1, 2 & 3, Quali, & the GP. Can't wait. Ready to see what Fernando can do in the beast.

#13145 showtime

showtime

• 2,583 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 00:32

Prepare for a Thursday night watching rain on TV.  ;)

#13146 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,934 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 00:34

Prepare for a Thursday night watching rain on TV. ;)

Yeah, last report I saw said am showers. So hopefully FP2 will be dry at least. Fernando needs some more time in the car.

#13147 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:10

With "the most talented grid of all time" the guy is sure that Vettel is the best in the bussines. Well that's balancedthe ... :lol:

You need to read it with Alonso glasses off...

The point of the article was not to suggest that Vettel is the greatest ... Altho why is that such a hard thing to fathom is a mystery.

Anyway the blogger clearly states that he respects the driving aspect of Alonso but has problems with his personal failings and morality.

Most of us get the same vibe sub concsously , this article just provides factual examples as to why we get the vibe.

Btw - no you cant write such an article about Vettel as you claim. Try it. And if one can in 5 years time , i will be dissappointed.

#13148 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:25

Looking at his Twitter page, I hope his rivals are training as hard!

you should check out the bike ride Nico Rosberg did in NZ - I know those roads as I used to live near them - that his pretty hard training..

#13149 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:58

https://twitter.com/#!/alo_oficial/stat...3272832/photo/1

Is this for real? 7 long hours of meetings, interviews and sponsor events in one day? I bet my house he definitely is not happy...

#13150 HPT

HPT

• 1,123 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:21

A few glaring omissions, like him complaining with the team about Fsichella not letting him by at indy and some other stuff, but otherwise a good place to remind everybody of how alonso really is.

Pat Symmonds told a story of how Alonso, after misjudging his braking and running wide in T1 during Turkey qualifying 2005 due to strong tail winds, radioed in to tell the team to inform Fisi to be careful of the tailwind. Of course, stuff like that never gets reported.