Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#13401 KirilVarbanov

KirilVarbanov

• 849 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 13:28

Chasing Alonso proves to be troublesome :) Well done Perez, but this is why Alonso is regarded as the most complete pilot on the grid.

Advertisement

#13402 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 13:30

Great shot!!

Posted Image

Original High Res--> http://bit.ly/GNnjm7

:up:

#13403 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 13:32

It´s still so surreal to look at the wdc-standings right now. UN BE LIEV ABLE.

Great Fernando.

Edited by LiJu914, 25 March 2012 - 13:33.

#13404 Showty

Showty

• 1,261 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 13:38

It was so beautiful to see Andrea Stella almost in tears, that radio message "we are so proud of you".

We don´t see this kind of stuff in F1, it was all so emotional.

#13405 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,767 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 13:49

Celebration with the team, from his tweeter.

Posted Image

#13406 John Player

John Player

• 426 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 13:50

This win is absolutely incredible.
One for the history books

#13407 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,767 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:08

More pics, thanks to f1direct.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13408 Xsaravts

Xsaravts

• 74 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:08

McLaren 55
Red Bull 42
Alonso 35
Sauber 30

Nothing else to add...

#13409 Xsaravts

Xsaravts

• 74 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:23

Posted Image

We missed this. Why????

#13410 Showty

Showty

• 1,261 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:34

Posted Image

We missed this. Why????

Yeah, what a shame.

Marc Gene realized though that Alonso was about to pass Pérez and he nailed it.

There were some moments he was kind of shocked with what Alonso was doing, "he´s the best driver, he´s the best driver" kept repeating.

What a wonderful race.

#13411 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,788 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:46

Well done to Alonso today. His was a brilliant victory.

#13412 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,767 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:52

We missed one thing today, Fernando is now the fifth driver with most wins in the history of F1.

Wins By number

1 SCHUMACHER Michael 91
2 PROST Alain 51
3 SENNA Ayrton 41
4 MANSELL Nigel 31
5 ALONSO Fernando 28
6 STEWART Jackie 27

#13413 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:07

We missed one thing today, Fernando is now the fifth driver with most wins in the history of F1.

Indeed! Awesome! Also Stefano said of course Fernando was very calm. He said Fernando was very quiet on the radio. Total concentration. Total perfection. :up:

#13414 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,767 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:27

There is a lot of stuff today to post :lol:

Stefano Domenicali

"Once again, Fernando was amazing, driving with a cool head and determination, managing to get the very best out of this car and of the very changeable weather conditions."

Felipe Massa

"First of all, I want to congratulate Fernando on this great win, which came thanks to him driving a fantastic race. It is a very important victory for the team."

Pat Fry

"Fernando drove a fantastic race, pushing throughout the entire time, always being very careful but never overdoing it."

Full press conference.

http://www.fia.com/e...ference-sun.pdf

WTF?

We had other problems in the car. We lost telemetry, so I had to read the fuel every lap when we crossed the start-finish line. So there were a lot of things to do inside the car to keep under control the KERS etc. I was the only one knowing the charge. Without telemetry it's quite difficult for them. I think it was quite demanding but very happy obviously.

Edited by kosmos, 25 March 2012 - 15:32.

#13415 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:31

Andrew Benson ‏ @andrewbensonf1
Turns out @alo_oficial's car lost telemetry in race - so he had to read fuel levels to team, manage Kers etc. even more impressive

#13416 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:35

Turns out @alo_oficial's car lost telemetry in race - so he had to read fuel levels to team, manage Kers etc. even more impressive

:up: GOOD JOB Alonso! You are the best! I am very happy today!

#13417 Showty

Showty

• 1,261 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:37

Man, Fernando is just an amazing driver, the best out there.

#13418 Starlight

Starlight

• 183 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:42

Wow!! It makes his win seem even more impressive. How calm was he throughout the race, even when he was being hounded by Perez! Great drive by Fernando. Simply the best!

#13419 BestCarWins

BestCarWins

• 196 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:44

That's very very impressive. I hope they sort whatever caused it to go for the next races though!

Advertisement

#13420 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:53

maybe it was the lightning? Vettel lost radio as well.

#13421 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,767 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:55

Very impressive indeed, I posted it in the reply below your with Fernando's words about it. ;)

#13422 figue

figue

• 190 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:57

speechless :stoned: :stoned: :stoned:

#13423 sheSgoTthElooK

sheSgoTthElooK

• 276 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 15:58

I´d like to congratulate Fernando - he had luck, yes but nevertheless he drove also fantastic and that´s the combination that was needed here!

#13424 sniper80

sniper80

• 520 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:00

A remarkable race from the Spaniard. One for the history books.
Alonso has shown he can ride any dog!

#13425 AndreasF1

AndreasF1

• 1,198 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:08

Congrats to Alonso and his great drive. Let's be real though for a moment and look a reality. He won because other's hit trouble. Yes, he maximized what was possible today and he didn't put a foot wrong but Perez was much faster and should have won. Enjoy while it lasts because this isn't going to happen again with a crap Ferrari car that it still is.

#13426 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:08

Wow what a beautiful drive by Alonso! His is the Magician of Sepang.

#13427 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:16

What a driver. Congratulation to Fernando and to Ferrari. We should celebrate the Formuka one show.
Great day great drive great victory!

#13428 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,936 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:20

Congrats to Alonso and his great drive. Let's be real though for a moment and look a reality. He won because other's hit trouble. Yes, he maximized what was possible today and he didn't put a foot wrong but Perez was much faster and should have won. Enjoy while it lasts because this isn't going to happen again with a crap Ferrari car that it still is.

Others? Like who? He had the measure of everybody in the wet and everybody but Perez and Webber in the drying conditions.

#13429 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:23

Wow what a beautiful drive by Alonso! His is the Magician of Sepang.

:clap: FELIZ :clap: HAPPY :clap: GLÜCKLICH!!!!!

#13430 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,536 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:30

Masterful drive by Fernando. :up:

#13431 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,370 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:34

There aren't enough superlatives for Fernando. I'm just thankful he's a Ferrari driver. Another fantastic drive! :up: :up: Im in awe of his whole approach to racing and this season: relentless, consistently brilliant, motivational, etc.....

#13432 pemcib

pemcib

• 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:40

Yes, Perez was much faster, but he made a mistake...

#13433 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:41

This guy is just unbelievable.Back in 2005-2007 I would never have thought that I would admire Alonso so much.I was a 'hater' as people would call it.But since then I accepted what a brilliant driver he is and since he has been in Ferrari I have nothing but admiration for him.The absolute best driver today and he is carrying the Ferrari name on his back since 2010.If only they give him a fast car,we would see him spank each and every one out there.

P.S His twitter is also great.I wasn't so sure about it first time round but it is great to see him there.

#13434 lewymp4

lewymp4

• 520 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:42

An absolute brilliant performance by Fernando, to a well deserved win.

His fans must be over the moon......Congratulations!!!

#13435 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,435 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:43

Great to see other driver's fans being gracious in defeat and admiring a great drive when they see one :up:

If only everyone could be sporting like that :)

#13436 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:48

Great to see other driver's fans being gracious in defeat and admiring a great drive when they see one :up:

+1, it's nice to see! Thanks to everybody for being fair, we're trying to do the same the other way around.

¡¡¡TOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :clap:

#13437 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Great drive today by Alfonso, but it is likely the first and the last win for Ferrari this season. F2012 in dry conditions is crap compared to Macca and RB. No chance for WDC.

2/20 races and leading... No chance?

#13438 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Great drive today by Alfonso, but it is likely the first and the last win for Ferrari this season. F2012 in dry conditions is crap compared to Macca and RB. No chance for WDC.

2/20 races and leading... No chance?

#13439 Yellowmc

Yellowmc

• 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 16:57

Sometimes its difficult coming off the back of a race weekend when your favourite driver hasn't done so well but I see, especially among open racing boards like this, particularly hateful or extremely one sided opinions. It's better to just relish a great race and praise good performances no matter no matter who they are.

Alonso is a magnificent champion and a the class of the field in my opinion, as a Raikkonen fan, I would love to see them both in wheel to wheel action.

Advertisement

#13440 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:05

Alonso is a magnificent champion and a the class of the field in my opinion, as a Raikkonen fan, I would love to see them both in wheel to wheel action.

Me too, I miss those times :)

Posted Image

Edited by AdHoc, 25 March 2012 - 17:13.

#13441 Yellowmc

Yellowmc

• 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:09

Loved that period of racing.

#13442 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,340 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:17

Excellent drive by Alonso! Ranks up there with one of his best.

#13443 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,654 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:19

Great win by Alonso today,total class driver :up:

#13444 FirstWatt

FirstWatt

• 362 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:32

[...] Also Stefano said of course Fernando was very calm. He said Fernando was very quiet on the radio. Total concentration. Total perfection.

Total Perfection
+1

Edited by FirstWatt, 25 March 2012 - 17:33.

#13445 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:38

http://www.f1fanatic...sepa-2012-2.jpg

What a champ!

#13446 DiverF1

DiverF1

• 117 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:41

Don't know exactly why, i miss it too... A lot!

Me too, I miss those times :)

Posted Image

#13447 barrykm

barrykm

• 432 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:50

There aren't enough superlatives for Fernando. I'm just thankful he's a Ferrari driver. Another fantastic drive! :up: :up: Im in awe of his whole approach to racing and this season: relentless, consistently brilliant, motivational, etc.....

Quite brilliant...his drive today made me truly happy... :clap:

#13448 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,582 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 18:03

Not Alonso's biggest fan but this is an immense result. It was a great drive from him and Perez. I don't imagine he'll stay at the top of the championship for long, but the important thing for him and Ferrari is he's scored valuable points at a time when the car is a hound. If Ferrari are able to develop and improve the car later in the season, this will prove invaluable. Heck, he may even be a championship contender.

Never write off Alonso. How many times must we be taught that lesson?

#13449 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 18:17

Fernando Alonso's face as he stood on the top step of the podium said it all - a mixture of extreme satisfaction, delight and disbelief.

"Incredible, incredible," he said in Spanish in his television interviews immediately afterwards, and that seemed as good a summing up as any of one of the most remarkable and thrilling grands prix for some time.

Alonso's victory was the 28th of his career and it moved him ahead of Sir Jackie Stewart in the all-time list of winners - he is now behind only Michael Schumacher, Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna and Nigel Mansell, whose 31 wins are his next target.

The Ferrari team leader's presence in such celebrated company is a reminder, as if one was needed, of what a great grand prix driver Alonso is and it was appropriate that his drive on Sunday was one that befitted such a landmark.

Alonso moved up to fifth on the all-time victories list with his win in Malaysia. Photo: Getty

Arguably not the greatest qualifier, Alonso has produced some stunning races in his career, and the one in Malaysia on Sunday ranks up there with the very best.

The Ferrari in its current form has no business whatsoever being able to win a race. In normal, dry conditions, it is way off the pace of the McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes and Lotus, and almost certainly slower also than the Williams and the Sauber.

And yet there was Alonso, up in fifth place from eighth on the grid by the end of lap one, challenging world champion Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull, which he moved ahead of thanks to stopping one lap earlier for wet tyres in the downpour that led to the race being stopped on lap six.

What won him the race, though, were the laps after the re-start.

He emerged in the lead on lap 16, helped by McLaren having to hold Lewis Hamilton in the pits as Felipe Massa came past.

After everyone had stopped for intermediate tyres, Alonso was 2.4 seconds ahead of Sauber's Sergio Perez - of whose stunning performance more later - and 6.2secs ahead of Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren.

At that point, most would have expected Hamilton - one of the greatest wet-weather drivers in history - to close in on the two cars ahead of him. Instead, Alonso pulled away from Perez, who himself pulled away from Hamilton.

This was, as BBC F1 co-commentator David Coulthard said, "Alonso at his brilliant best", as he built an eight-second lead over Perez in 12 laps.

Alonso is such a benchmark, so peerless, so utterly relentless and unforgiving when he senses a sniff of a win, that it seemed impossible at that stage that he would not win the race.

But then Perez began to come back at him - showing the differing characteristics of the two cars that have been apparent since the start of pre-season testing. The Ferrari is hard on its tyres and the Sauber is the opposite.

Closer and closer Perez got, first by fractions, then by full seconds until by lap 40 he appeared to have Alonso at his mercy.

Stopping a lap earlier than Perez for 'slick' dry-weather tyres put his lead back up to seven seconds, but on these the Sauber was even more superior.

Perez was within a second of Alonso by lap 48 - with eight to go - and what would have been a fully deserved victory by a man who from the beginning of his career last year has looked destined for great things seemed inevitable.

F1 being what it is, a lot may well be made of the radio call that Perez received at about this point. "Checo, be careful, we need this position," he was told by his team, who use Ferrari engines. Was this simply a team that is known to be struggling for finance sensibly warning an excited young driver to make sure he didn't bin it when a valuable podium place was up for grabs? Or was it, as some will surmise, team orders in disguise, an order not to try to deprive the company on whose largesse they have depended in many more seasons than this one of a much-needed win? If it was a team order, Perez didn't seem to pay any attention - he continued to push hard until he made that fateful error. And team principal Monisha Kaltenborn dismissed any thoughts of a conspiracy.
"What we meant was get the car home," she said. "It was important to us to get the result - there was nothing else to it. There was no instruction."

Either of them would have been a deserving winner after two superlative drives - and there were other noteworthy performances down the field, too.

Bruno Senna showed something of his famous uncle's wet-weather skills with his climb up from last place at the restart to finish an impressive sixth.

And Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne, who narrowly missed out on a point on his debut last weekend in Australia, delivered in spades with a sure-footed drive in the treacherous conditions at Sepang.

The Frenchman was the only driver to stick with intermediate tyres in the early downpour, and he continued to perform impressively on his way to eighth place, just behind last year's rookie of the year Paul di Resta, who also looked good.

Senna, Vergne and most of all Perez clearly have bright futures ahead of them.

But ahead of them all was the man whose consistent excellence over a 10-year career not only they but everyone else in F1 has to aspire to.

"Great race for Alonso, top job, and also Perez," Jenson Button said on Sunday evening in Malaysia. You can say that again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e_standard.html

#13450 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,521 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 18:20

Classy win by Fred :up: